Rise of the conservative woman: “Fire from the Heartland” premieres tonight in DC

posted at 7:58 pm on September 22, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Stephen Kruiser, who’s seen the entire film.

It also has Reps. Michele Bachmann, Jean Schmidt, and Cynthia Lummis working hard within the system. Bachmann’s famous grilling of Timothy Geithner is one of the highlights of the film (and featured in the trailer on the website). The film also features Ann Coulter, Michelle Easton, Michelle Malkin, Deneen Borelli, Janine Turner, Dana Loesch, S.E Cupp, Jenny Beth Martin, Jamie Radtke, Sonnie Johnson and Michelle Moore. These women represent old and new media and a cross-section of the Tea Party movement. In short, they’re everywhere.

I experienced a quiet mix of embarrassment and gratitude during the screening. It occurred to me that one of the reasons these women have taken such a prominent role in recent years is that so many of the men who were left in charge of the conservative movement failed it and us miserably. Many readers will no doubt say “Conservative men didn’t fail us, Republicans failed us.” The simple fact is that many elected Republican conservatives have been screwing things up since the late 1990s. Now we’re faced with the prospect of having a great November but keeping the good ol’ boy network intact and basically suffering through the same congressional leadership that drove Barack Obama and this Democratic congress into power.

The trailer looks great, although in practice, it kinda sorta operates as a campaign ad for a certain governor turned likely presidential candidate, no? Did I catch a … grizzly bear roaring in there?

The takeaway line: “I am no victim. I am no victim.” As further reading in that vein, check out this very sharp piece by S.E. Cupp ripping into phony charges of sexism against men like Karl Rove who’ve dared to criticize Christine O’Donnell. No-victim exit quotation: “Someone should tell her that if she can’t stand the heat, she’d better get out of the kitchen.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Who’s the good looking gal in the picture…She looks familiar.

repvoter on September 22, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Did I catch a … grizzly bear roaring in there?

Very subliminal, but I think you are right

tommylotto on September 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM

I like Bachmann, Ann, and Cupp a lot. Malkin, not so much.

Narutoboy on September 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM

A part of me is really excited about what is going on right now. I feel like we are at the precipice of something great, something that we haven’t seen since Reagan.

It’s interesting that there are so many women in the movement leading the charge, according to the MSM Republicans hate women…

Cookies Mom on September 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM

What’s up with the bald guy getting robbed at 1:27?

tommylotto on September 22, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Obligatory rip of O’Donnell. I’m coming to expect them in almost every thread.

Bishop on September 22, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Can’t wait to see it!!!

the whole country needs to catch that “fire”…and burn at least some of the sickness out of this country November 2nd.

Justrand on September 22, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Ooooooo…hawt!

That is looking very awesome.

AUINSC on September 22, 2010 at 8:06 PM

The Israelis elected Golda Mier to P/O the arabs when they sought to destroy Israel.

Will America elect a woman President that will have the guts to stand up to the Jihadis ?

William Amos on September 22, 2010 at 8:06 PM

So now you are damning O’Donnell by association for something she didn’t even say? I have not heard O’Donnell claim any victimhood in this at all? What the heck are you playing here?

Hawthorne on September 22, 2010 at 8:06 PM

Inspiring. Makes me proud to be a conservative woman.

LASue on September 22, 2010 at 8:06 PM

BTW, the could have left SE Cupp out of that…last I heard, she thought Hillary was the bees knees. Yeah, real conservative there…No thanks!

AUINSC on September 22, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Obligatory rip of O’Donnell. I’m coming to expect them in almost every thread.

Bishop on September 22, 2010 at 8:05 PM

yeah, the RINOs are clearly on message in their “Save the Buckley Rule” campaign.

Hawthorne on September 22, 2010 at 8:07 PM

I am woman hear me vote…..GOP!!!!

terryannonline on September 22, 2010 at 8:08 PM

HAWT

Scrappy on September 22, 2010 at 8:10 PM

The Heartland could sure stand to do some firing allright. I’m looking at you, Benedict Arnold Nelson.

Dark-Star on September 22, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Michelle gets better looking every time you see her

Dork B. on September 22, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Michelle gets better looking every time you see her

Dork B. on September 22, 2010 at 8:12 PM

She is a pretty lady. I’m jealous. Smart and pretty.

terryannonline on September 22, 2010 at 8:13 PM

LOESCH
BACHMANN
MALKIN

CUDA

Metro on September 22, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Conservative men are more than welcome to join the movement too!

The more the merrier! We have a lot of work to do!

Only 41 Days to go before the election! And early voting generally starts 30 days before Election Day.

Let’s Roll!

wren on September 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM

“I am no victim. I am no victim.”

Ever stop and wonder when America changed from a country where even victims would never admit to it because it was a sign of weakness, to one the reveals in being a victim?

Ever stop and wonder when America went from a country where people would have to be desperate to accept welfare and, like the Boxer JJ Bradock (Cinderella man), would pay back every penny they received, to one where everybody’s trying to get something from the government?

When did these things change and why? How?

TheBigOldDog on September 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Did I catch a … grizzly bear roaring in there?

When Mama ain’t happy….

Barnestormer on September 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Leading up to her surprising primary win against Rep. Mike Castle, nervous GOPers and decidedly honest analysts – Karl Rove, even – questioned whether or not she had the stuff to go all the way. And as crude as that may sound, an ability to go all the way is important when you’re picking candidates. An ability to go all the way is kind of all that matters.

Otherwise, elections are merely theater – self-indulgent passion plays staged every now and then to showcase principled stands and symbolic gestures. See Ralph Nader, Ron Paul and Al Sharpton. Symbolism is what the arts are for. Elections, on the other hand, have pragmatic and meaningful consequences. And O’Donnell’s critics know this.

They know, for example, that if her name were Christopher instead of Christine, allegations of campaign fraud, theft of services at a nonprofit and lying about her education would make her a very problematic candidate, even if all proven untrue in the end.

When Rove said that “This is not a race we’re going to win,” he was being nothing but honest and pragmatic.

Uh, true conservatives, best purge her RINO candyass right away!

Vyce on September 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM

The Israelis elected Golda Mier.

William Amos on September 22, 2010 at 8:06 PM

You point to a socialist as an example? C’mon dude.

lexhamfox on September 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Hawthorne on September 22, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Well, some of you still have difficulty in understanding the Rule….

Vyce on September 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Looks good! It’s a boys world in politics. Props to these women for shaking things up a bit!

NoStoppingUs on September 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Uh, true conservatives, best purge her RINO candyass right away!

She’s a RINO candyass *and* an atheist. Swoon.

Allahpundit on September 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Takeaway line from the Cupp column:

It’s not in our best interest to act like liberals

Oh, you mean like carrying non-stop slime operations and constant mantras of “She’s going to lose! Unelectable!” Gotcha. Why let the Dems do opposition research when we can spare them the trouble, eh?

ddrintn on September 22, 2010 at 8:18 PM

This is nice for one very specific reason — women tend to favor (D) over (R) much more so than men. With a population % edge to boot, convincing women that conservatism is hawt/wise can only be good for our future.

GnuBreed on September 22, 2010 at 8:18 PM

I like Bachmann, Ann, and Cupp a lot. Malkin, not so much.

Narutoboy on September 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Eh, I still like Michelle, but her defense of O’Donnell (or rather, the manner in which she’s defended her) has made me lose some respect for her.

Vyce on September 22, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Narutoboy on September 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM

It’s a good thing you have a mother because no one likes you and even she has moments.

darwin-t on September 22, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I m a proud conservative alpha male! I appreciate the strong conservative ladies ans I am happy to join them in stuffing the Tea Parties in the face of all those that can’t figure out the message.

One point though, the conservative men did not let down the Republicans, the phoney conservatives did. Our party is chock full of guys that get castrated as soon as they have to take a principled stand.

Hawthorne on September 22, 2010 at 8:19 PM

She’s a RINO candyass *and* an atheist. Swoon.

Allahpundit on September 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM

I’d fight you for her, but us beta males are too delicate for fisticuffs.

Vyce on September 22, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Uh, true conservatives, best purge her RINO candyass right away!

Vyce on September 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM

If you compromise principles to win, what have you won exactly?

Some losses are necessary for true, long-term success.

TheBigOldDog on September 22, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Glad to see this thread. The trailer looks great. I ordered mine last week. If it’s nearly as uplifting as it looks, I’ll order more copies for my friends for Christmas.

petefrt on September 22, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Well, some of you still have difficulty in understanding the Rule….

Vyce on September 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Not really. Some of you have trouble supporting Republican candidates. That seems a lot more clear cut and you still get it wrong.

Hawthorne on September 22, 2010 at 8:21 PM

They’re picking up the ball because liberals have spent years emasculating men. I’m a woman, and I hate the manner in which men have been treated. I’m sick and tired of whiney-assed, metro sexual, beta males, and I want the real men back.

We stand by one another. Come on out, fellas! We need you.

Cody1991 on September 22, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Man, it gets easier by the day to draw out the OD haters. All you need to do is mention her name and the mile-long posts and “YOU AHOLES!” comments begin.

No wonder I’m such a good fisherman.

Bishop on September 22, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Best…
Picture…
of…
the…
Boss…
EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Khun Joe on September 22, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Anyone notice that the testosterone level dropped when MM sold HA?

Gohawgs on September 22, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Hawthorne on September 22, 2010 at 8:21 PM

People who drag you into the washy middle are like cancer cells roaming the body looking for a good spot to lodge and grow and eventually kill the host. We’ve been through that period and it paved the way for Obama.

TheBigOldDog on September 22, 2010 at 8:24 PM

No wonder I’m such a good fisherman.

Bishop on September 22, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Snagging with treble hooks ain’t fishin’ Mr B.

darwin-t on September 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Great! The conservative women have what it takes! Go cirls!

What a snarky thing to ad some negative hit peice about Christine O’Donnell. Not reading it…

tinkerthinker on September 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM

As long as the ‘conservative woman’ gets her behind in the kitchen and ficks me a sammich!

KIDDING! KIDDING! I kid….

but seriously, ficks me a sammich.

catmman on September 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM

She’s a RINO candyass *and* an atheist. Swoon.

Allahpundit on September 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM

How come you don’t talk up SE Cupp too often?

BradSchwartze on September 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Anyone notice that the testosterone level dropped when MM sold HA?

Gohawgs on September 22, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Hell the estrogen levels spiked!

darwin-t on September 22, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Man, it gets easier by the day to draw out the OD haters.

Bishop on September 22, 2010 at 8:22 PM

They rather see a Bearded Marxist win than to be proven wrong. That much is now clear.

TheBigOldDog on September 22, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Cookies Mom on September 22, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Me too. I’m hoping for a revival of the Reagan coalition. (And I’m expecting Sarah Palin to be the main one to engineer it, with help from Glenn Beck, who she said “is made out of Twinkies”.)

petefrt on September 22, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Snagging with treble hooks ain’t fishin’ Mr B.
darwin-t on September 22, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Yah, the same fish keep biting and I keep throwing ‘em back (they don’t meet the size minimum, just fry really).

Bishop on September 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Anyone notice that the testosterone level dropped when MM sold HA?

Gohawgs on September 22, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Hell the estrogen levels spiked!

darwin-t on September 22, 2010 at 8:26 PM

I ain’t sure just what hormones spiked, but something has sure gone through the roof since then.

Dark-Star on September 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM

She’s a RINO candyass *and* an atheist. Swoon.

Allahpundit on September 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Well, whatever. She’s better than that dingbat, fatty you’re always banging on about, MegMac.

Not a big fan of Cupp. She’s self-absorbed and arrogant, but at least she has a brain.

Cody1991 on September 22, 2010 at 8:29 PM

petefrt on September 22, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Uh I don’t think Glenn Beck wants to see the Reagan coalition brought back together. Last time I checked he isn’t a social con or a hawk.

terryannonline on September 22, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I like Bachmann, Ann, and Cupp the white chicks a lot. MalkinAzn girl, not so much.

Narutoboy on September 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Racist.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 22, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Well, some of you still have difficulty in understanding the Rule….

Vyce on September 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Let me state it this way: Sometimes the “path of least resistance,” which is at the heart of the “Buckley Rule,” leads one down a wrong path. I often hear complaints on HA that too many conservatives are slack-jawed dumb when it comes to PR and media savvy. I don’t know about you, but how does a 71-year old man who’s been in political office longer than Christine O’Donnell has been alive represent a good PR face for the party and the conservative movement?

Picking CO’D was a hard choice, and win or lose for CO’D, it will have been found to have been a rewarding choice. We can fairly say this: CO’D won’t have to live in relative poverty for a long time after this race.

BradSchwartze on September 22, 2010 at 8:31 PM

This makes no sense. Rove dared to criticize Christine O’Donnell? I never did see anything daring in it as it was pretty much a MSM approved establishment gang rape. No daring required there at all. None whatsoever.

As far as her getting out of the kitchen goes, she does not seem the least inclined to do that, so I don’t know what this S.E. Cupp idiot is rambling on about here either. Maybe he thinks he is being daring. Maybe we could arrange for John Kerry to pin one of his medals on him.

Luka on September 22, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Motherhood IS a political statement. Period

What does that mean?

Guardian on September 22, 2010 at 8:31 PM

I’m pretty sure the consensus is that Rove/et al comments were more about jackassism then sexism.

Not really seeing the victim card in play here.

The Ugly American on September 22, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Don’t look now but the other O (Oprah) is tweeting for Jon Stewart about his “rally for progressive sanity or whatever”.

THE MEDIA will cover it WALL TO WALL……ALL THREE NETWORKS. Jesus could come back that day and we wouldn’t know it because of the media coverage of the “rally”.

PappyD61 on September 22, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I say again. The reason why we are seeing so many strong conservative women today is simple, and so few strong conservative men, is that American society today is becoming ore and more feminized.
Far too many men are afraid to be men. There are also far too few role models for young men to emulate. Far too few fathers out there.
And then what is societies picture of a good father? Some guy who changes diapers, washes dishes, cooks supper and cries.
Look at promise Keepers. Nothing against the group, don’t know too much about it, really, other then seeing pictures of men hugging each other and crying.

I think it’s great that so many women are standing up and being involved. But America needs it’s fathers and sons too!

JellyToast on September 22, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Dear Conservative Women: Hi. Conservative man here. I didn’t realize that the conservative plan was for women to be the last line of defense. No one shared the plan with me. If anyone had asked, I would have said you should be on the front lines. Guess that’s water under the bridge. If you would, please show us how to get out of this mess. If you can resist evangelicals dragging you down on social issues and deliver smaller government, I will be eternally grateful.

An Objectivist on September 22, 2010 at 8:33 PM

COD Side note:

Delaware want a Marxist, Harry Reid “PET”……?

GO FOR IT.

PappyD61 on September 22, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Whenever I see the beautiful Michelle’s pic, it brings this lovely poem to mind:

‘TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE ELECTIONS
And all through the town
Tempers were flaring
Emotions all up and down!
I, in my bathrobe
With a cat in my lap
Had cut off the TV
Tired of political crap.
When all of a sudden
There arose such a noise
I peered out of my window
Saw Obama and his boys
They had come for my wallet
They wanted my pay
To give to the others
Who had not worked a day!
He snatched up my money
And quick as a wink
Jumped back on his bandwagon
As I gagged from the stink
He then rallied his henchmen
Who were pulling his cart
I could tell they were out
To tear my country apart!
‘ On Fannie, on Freddie,
On Biden and Ayers!
On Acorn, On Pelosi’
He screamed at the pairs!
They took off for his cause
And as he flew out of sight
I heard him laugh at the nation
Who wouldn’t stand up and fight!
So I leave you to think
On this one final note-
IF YOU DONT WANT OBAMUNISM
GET YOUR ASS OUT AND VOTE!!!!

Sweet_Thang on September 22, 2010 at 8:34 PM

GnuBreed on September 22, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Exactly. +100

joejm65 on September 22, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Oh, it just hit me! “Men like Karl Rove”. I get it now. It’s a put on satire. “Men like Karl Rove” was a dead give away. I must be getting slow.

Luka on September 22, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I like Bachmann, Ann, and Cupp a lot. Malkin, not so much.

Narutoboy on September 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM

You like your body pillow.

stefanite on September 22, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Yeeeaaah! The “Deborahs” are rising!
(that’s a Biblical reference to Judges chapters 4 and 5)

Michelle looks great–heck they all do, although I’m not a big fan of S.E. Cupp either, mostly for her RINO tendancies.

Sarah-CUDA!

theotherone on September 22, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Gorgeous picture of Michelle…!!! :)

dec5 on September 22, 2010 at 8:37 PM

~wow~

It’s GREAT to be an American woman!
Proud to be an American woman!
Grateful to be an American woman!

Minorcan Maven on September 22, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Scream out some more things like a sissy girl, Karl Rove. First put your hands on your hips. Now swing your hips. Make them sway and flap your wings.

Tuco on September 22, 2010 at 8:40 PM

What does that mean?

Guardian on September 22, 2010 at 8:31 PM

You haven’t noticed how the childed are getting all kinds of public benefits, from public schooling to WIC?

Just TRY and reigning in any costly tax-funded program that primarily benefits them. All they have to do is shriek “for the chyyyldrun!!!!”, paint you as an evil chyld-hater, and you lose. Big time.

It doesn’t help matters one iota that we’ve long since confused breeding and childrearing.

Dark-Star on September 22, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I like what I’m seeing and hearing, but I wont lie to you, it’s a damn shame and down right pathetic that we need our ladies to fight the battles most “conservative” men have lost the testicular fortitude for!

PS: Narutoboy sucks!!!!

abobo on September 22, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I’m becoming increasingly alarmed to the possibility that Allahpundit is actually Perez Hilton.

Nights here are almost unbearable.

BKeyser on September 22, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Uh, true conservatives, best purge her RINO candyass right away!

Vyce on September 22, 2010 at 8:15 PM

She all but endorsed Hillary for 2012 POTUS the other day, so uh…good call.

Kataklysmic on September 22, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I like Bachmann, Ann, and Cupp a lot. Malkin, not so much.

Narutoboy on September 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM

SE Cupp is a sold out trick.

True_King on September 22, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Nights here are almost unbearable.

BKeyser on September 22, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Bingo!!!

Sweet_Thang on September 22, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Woman by birth
Conservative mamma grizzly heartland fire woman by choice!

huskerdiva on September 22, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I could watch Janine Turner do knitting.

Yummy.

The Ugly American on September 22, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I could watch Janine Turner do nothing knitting.

Yummy.

The Ugly American on September 22, 2010 at 8:45 PM

darwin-t on September 22, 2010 at 8:46 PM

You just know this is on the way…

How can you trust something that bleeds for seven days and does not die?

cr66 on September 22, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Seven Percent Solution on September 22, 2010 at 8:49 PM

terryannonline on September 22, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Not the same, but close enough for practical purposes.

Reagan’s big tent GOP was famously described as the Three-Legged Stool of conservatism: social conservatism, fiscal conservatism, and defense conservatism all wrapped up in one. This brought evangelicals, national security and anti-communist hawks, and fiscal libertarians and deficit hawks all under one broad umbrella, and allowed Reagan to siphon off a number of socially conservative blue collar Democrats, or Reagan Democrats as they’ve come to be known.

Read more at the Washington Examiner

petefrt on September 22, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Agree totally. Worse, it was dishonest. Half of his talking points had been addressed and were documented. Either he was dishonest or completely inept in doing his homework.

AnninCA on September 22, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I like Bachmann, Ann, and Cupp a lot. Malkin, not so much.

Narutoboy on September 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM

*blinks*

Uh, I’ll bite. Why?

Bee on September 22, 2010 at 8:54 PM

PappyD61 on September 22, 2010 at 8:32 PM

What is it that so many who have made their riches by capitalism now want to destroy it? Is it because they think they will become the permanent Ruling Class?

petefrt on September 22, 2010 at 8:58 PM

And I quote: “Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to The mainstream of society”.

Dale Wyckoff on September 22, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Narutoboy

cr66

Stuck on stupid.

davidk on September 22, 2010 at 9:01 PM

*blinks*

Uh, I’ll bite. Why?

Bee on September 22, 2010 at 8:54 PM

She’s in negative mode every day. There is nothing positive or uplifting on her website.

Narutoboy on September 22, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Dale Wyckoff on September 22, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Thus replacing one shallow set of values with another…some improvement that’s turned out to be.

Dark-Star on September 22, 2010 at 9:04 PM

I like SE but she’s wrong here. It’s fine to encourage people to take responsibility for themselves and not presume they are victims. But there is most definitely sexism in the general reaction to COD. She gets less benefit of the doubt than if she were Chris O’Donnell. People are faster to jump to conclusions. They also jump right into stereotypes that simply don’t exist for men (there’s no male equivalent of a ditzy blonde or a psycho ex-girlfriend, for example). Women have to fight harder to be seen as “electable” because people don’t automatically trust women to be competent. They do automatically trust them to be nurturing, one reason why there are so few male schoolteachers.

This is not a conservative-liberal problem. This is all of American society. And there isn’t much to be done about it because that’s just the way things are right now in America. The best you can do is call out the BS and move on, which seems to be to be SE’s ultimate point.

alwaysfiredup on September 22, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Obligatory rip of O’Donnell. I’m coming to expect them in almost every thread.

Bishop on September 22, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Yeah! Gotta believe Mr. Pundit has a problem with grudges and may even be a sore loser!

Vince on September 22, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Best comment by far!:)

ohiobabe on September 22, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Ms. Buckley’s Rule: “Kick some RINO ass every chance you get”

faraway on September 22, 2010 at 10:14 PM

I had to watch it twice.
As a conservative woman I would say B+
RNC – D
There it is there.
I like the Boss’ challenge at the end.
Count me in Michelle.

seesalrun on September 22, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I concur and add this caviat that Christian Conservatives are included in this group. Fat and bloated with power and cash is no way please the Lord Mr.Huckabee and Mr.Land!

sonnyspats1 on September 23, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Rarrrlllll.

Mojave Mark on September 23, 2010 at 12:58 AM

On behalf of my college-age daughter and all her friends, I am grateful to the STRONG (No Victim!) CONSERVATIVE WOMEN who set a fine example for girls everywhere! I always taught my daughter that she was no one’s door mat and to always stand up for her values. I encouraged her to embrace her B&B (boobs & butt) side of girly, but she was so much more: Smart, Thoughtful, Funny, Talented, Kind, Giving, etc.

For too long, the role models for girls/women have been dominated by the liberals. Times are changing and I have great (real) hope for all women. Girl Power!!

TN Mom on September 23, 2010 at 1:19 AM

I AM REPUBLICAN WOMEN,HEAR MY GRIZZLY ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As,I’ve predicted…..The SarahCuda *evolution
and RightSphere Women, DON’T TREAD ON ME(DOORMAT)
OPERATION COMMENCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on September 23, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Sorry, Narutoboy, you have no case, being clearly a superficial, perhaps even mindless, MM website surfer ….

You have overlooked Malkin’s many uplifting odes on the joys of family life, especially during the holidays, and positive postings on the fundamental greatness of America and the exceptionalism of its founding principles and its “common” people.

You also failed to note her innumerable moving commentaries and links of support honoring our military warriors and celebrating civilian heroes of all types and walks of life.

Does your self-ascribed “-boy” status account for a possibly immature aversion to The Boss’ hard-charging, testosterone-fuelled rage against the Progressive Machine and the Corrupted Elites who are wreaking havoc on this country and its future?

Mojamaiko on September 23, 2010 at 3:12 AM

Why so many women nobody has ever heard of and not Pamela Geller?

miles on September 23, 2010 at 4:24 AM

Obligatory rip of O’Donnell. I’m coming to expect them in almost every thread.

Bishop on September 22, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Yeah, noticed that, too and this bothers me (too).

I enjoy S. E. Cupp’s opinions generally but she seems irrational in her ripping of O’Donnell and nearly hyperbolic dismissal of what O’Donnell is expressing.

In other words, there’s something *else* bothering Cupp as to O’Donnell and placing it in terms of “Rove” and “sexism charges” is but a ticket for Cupp to ride.

Lourdes on September 23, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Being someone who has up to now followed along (rather naively, it seems) as to Karl Rove’s opinions — read his book, enjoyed it — I realize lately that he’s likely the culprit as to the worst of what Bush wrought, or why that worst was attempted (wasn’t it Rove who pushed the “comprehensive immigration reform” otherwise known as amnesty, and the big-pharma plan, among other things).

Anyway, so there I was, with an open mind, watching FOX and Rove came on and was entirely and unusually, noticably embittered as to O’Donnell, nearly spitting out the words when he denigrated her for her “bad debts” and “unpaid student loans…that she took ten years to pay off…” and how it was Rove claimed she “lied about” her education…on and on it went.

It was Rove losing his cool, and unusually so. If someone taking ten years to repay student loans is the end-all of all that fails, as Rove seemed to be expressing, then, that’d leave many a person unqualified for quite a lot. Most people take ten years or more to repay student loans, it’s hardly unusual. The point should have been emphasized that she did repay them but Rove couldn’t bring himself to even present such.

Let’s see…I seem to recall that Rove never finished college (someone correct me if I’m wrong about that)…up until recently, I have not (not ever) felt critical toward the guy because of that (not finishing college, as I believe he hasn’t), but knowing that fact about him in the face of his prudish, weirdly dismissive statements about O’Donnell and the student loans/ten years repayment thing, well, Rove just looked and sounded like a tiny, little, immature guy at that point.

And I was startled at that. So perhaps O’Donnell’s “charges” of sexism about the guy are correct. While his support before the election of Castle was strange beyond acceptable to me, he claims after O’Donnell won, he’s supporting her (“now”) but what I can’t understand is why he’d EVER support Castle AND just what it is that he gets noticably emotionally upset about as to O’Donnell (who is “RIGHT” on the issues, by the way).

So I think there’s fire there and suggest people try to consider that, perhaps, people should be encouraged to stop putting O’Donnell down and take a closer look at the positions maintained by Rove.

I’m disappointed in Rove.

Lourdes on September 23, 2010 at 8:47 AM