O’Donnell at Values Voter Summit: These ruling-class elitists call us wacky wingnuts

posted at 7:54 pm on September 17, 2010 by Allahpundit

The Right Scoop has the whole speech, but since most of you won’t sit through 18 minutes on a Friday night, you’ll find the money bit below. The “ruling class” stuff leaves me cold mainly because the term can now be used to describe everyone from Karl Rove to NRO bloggers who dare question O’Donnell’s electability. As Quin Hillyer said today at AmSpec about the past week’s disunity, “Just because somebody doesn’t agree on one particular candidate does not make that person an enemy, a squish, a RINO, or a Ruling Class Beltwayed elitist. And it is sick, sick, sick to sling around accusations like that at erstwhile allies who have been with the conservativ[e] movement through thick and thin.” O’Donnell’s target here is a bit more refined than that — she’s aiming at Castle, the GOP leadership, and, er, the “D.C. cocktail crowd” — but needless to say, especially this year, it’s smart retail politics. This is exactly how she should be framing things given her disadvantage in Delaware: It’s not a race about Democrats vs. Republicans or the left vs. the right but rather the “little guy” who doesn’t have a fancy education and struggles to pay her loans against a big entrenched machine. I could have done without the accusation of “anti-Americanism” against the so-called ruling class, but that’s as red-meaty as Palin’s sporadic invocation of things “real Americans” believe. It would have been surprising only if she hadn’t said it.

By the way, a question for longtime Hot Air readers: Does all the ruling class/elitist rhetoric being tossed around these days remind you of anyone? I don’t mean Sarahcuda; I’m thinking back to the 2008 primaries. Maybe this will jog your memories:

“Well, this is kind of music to my ears because all through the presidential run when I was engaged in it two years ago what I constantly came up against was sort of the elitism of the Republican establishment, the snooty down their nose gee you’re not properly pedigreed you didn’t go to Harvard or Yale. You went to a Christian college and you didn’t run with the cocktail crowd in Manhattan. Well you know what? I think the greatest thing that’s happening in regards to the Tea Party is that it’s reminding the rest of America that ordinary people can make a dramatic difference in this country.”

That’s from an interview conducted by David Brody this morning with — ta da — Mike Huckabee. Remember when he used to push the blue-collar “me vs. the elitists” line and we would tear him up in the comments for promoting resentment and intraparty divisions and class warfare? Good times. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

“They are — they are doing that here in the United States. American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains. So they’re already into this experiment.”

sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 8:57 PM

‘cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains’ is what she says. That’s a bit more than playing around with a few brain cells and teaching them things.

I’ve got an ANN right here under test that can visually identify alphanumeric characters much, much faster than a human can. Made it myself. But it’s not even close to a fully functioning human brain.

(no mice were harmed in the creation of my ANN)

DarkCurrent on September 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Sick, someone posted. I agree. Very, very dysfunctional establishment group, I’d say.

AnninCA on September 17, 2010 at 9:03 PM

AnninCA:That dysfunctional establishment group,is
Lisa Murkoski’s group!

canopfor on September 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM

The ‘ruling class’ is by it’s very nature anti-American. Why do you think we had a evolutionray? And the fact that I have to use pig-Latin to even say that dreaded word, kind of substantiates my point.

Luka on September 17, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Dale Peterson is on NOW!!
================================

canopfor on September 17, 2010 at 9:18 PM

It depends upon what group you’re referring to. If you’re talking about the big-tent Tea Party, then yes, if we aren’t the majority then we have the potential. But if by “we” you mean a much smaller subset of the Tea Party with extreme religious views that even make a lot of religious people uncomfortable, then no, you’re not the majority.

Point taken. By “we”, I mean people who are not interested in being ruled, but merely in being governed by fellow citizens, in whom we trust the care and preservation of the Constitution. That’s what the oath they take demands, we simply haven’t been making them pay the price for lying about it.

jamie gumm on September 17, 2010 at 9:19 PM

How is her statement saying they’re already into this experiment wrong?

sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 9:07 PM

She said it was a ‘fully functioning human brain’ and it, quite obviously, isn’t.

ladyingray on September 17, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I don’t seem to recall doing that myself, other than to the extent that I doubted his sincerity, although I did have a few other ‘bones to pick’ with him.

Luka on September 17, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I need more documentation. More than one article from the ‘gator university…as a TN Vol, you have to do better.

ladyingray on September 17, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Sorry, but I am not your go-to boy for Google searches. She wasn’t far off the mark and if you are honest in wanting to know more you can find the information the same way you found O’Donnell’s quote.

sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I think our Allah has contracted a case of ruling classitis by proxy.

Luka on September 17, 2010 at 9:22 PM

(no mice were harmed in the creation of my ANN)

DarkCurrent on September 17, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Heh. Will you marry me? ;)

ladyingray on September 17, 2010 at 9:22 PM

ladyingray on September 17, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Oh give her a break. She’s a religious nut, not a rocket scientist. But she’s our religious nut.

gh on September 17, 2010 at 9:22 PM

ladyingray on September 17, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Do you understand what ‘experiment’ means?

Saying “they’re already into this experiment” is absolutely true.

They are.

sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM

My choice is:

1.) A woman who thinks some company somewhere is crossbreeding mice with humans

2.) Her opponent who thinks taking money from me and funneling it through the government to give it to someone else grows the economy and creates job.

The first issue is sideshow kookery. The second one hits me where I live. I wonder who I am going to vote for?

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM

“Karl Rove to NRO bloggers who dare question O’Donnell’s electability. As Quin Hillyer said today at AmSpec about the past week’s disunity, “Just because somebody doesn’t agree on one particular candidate does not make that person an enemy, a squish, a RINO, or a Ruling Class Beltwayed elitist. And it is sick, sick, sick to sling around accusations like that at erstwhile allies who have been with the conservativ[e] movement through thick and thin.”

That’s such a crock of excrement.

We have a quote attributed to Scott Brown, something to the effect that moderates need not apply. This is the same Scott Brown, who had “money Bomb” X10 by very Conservative websites, AND many of these Bloggers and other conservatives were on the ground WORKING FOR Scott Brown before there were press announcements that either the NRC OR the NSRC were contributing. Many of these same people have helped O’Donnell raise $1.5 mil+ in 3/4 days.

6/7 months and Scott Brown has seemingly been absorbed by Washington.

That tells ou ALL you need to know. We need term limits, NOT for Democrats, their are cookie cutter, replacable not missing a beat, it’s the Republicans whose shelf life of independance is 10/15% of their term.

Regards,

the Dragon on September 17, 2010 at 9:24 PM

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Option (1) is likely true.

gh on September 17, 2010 at 9:25 PM

I think our Allah has contracted a case of ruling classitis by proxy.

Luka on September 17, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Luka: Do you have a link!

canopfor on September 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Do you understand what ‘experiment’ means?

Saying “they’re already into this experiment” is absolutely true.

They are.

‘American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains.’

See this part here ^

DarkCurrent on September 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM

“How is her statement saying they’re already into this experiment wrong?
sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 9:07 PM
ladyingray on September 17, 2010 at 9:20 PM”

So she didn’t add “Cells”. Which would make it COMPLETELY accurate, My guess is that your post WOULD NOT have changed.

So be it.

Regards,

the Dragon on September 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Oh, please.

Not even close.

The Ugly American on September 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM

I do wish all the infighting would stop and we can all unite under the common cause of replacing Democrats this election season. These “RINO hunts” or finding a “RINO” around every corner has got to stop. You are only alienated friends that really do want the same thing you do. I’m a Social/Fiscal conservative, but I can put my social issues on the back burner because our economy is the important matter right now.

I want us to win both houses but we can’t if we keep cannibalizing eachother. Whether she was the one people wanted or not no longer matters. She’s here, lets back her fully and get on with the business at hand.

For the O’Donnell fans, tone down the “RINO” rhetoric. It helps no one.

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Option (1) is likely true.

gh on September 17, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Well, for the sake of argument, and to instruct the barracks lawyers that they are litigating an irrelevant question, do I vote for the kook who doesn’t want to raise my taxes or the one who does?

Do I vote Science! or wallet?

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Ok, I’ll bite. She’s now 41, not married, no kids to pay college for. With no career to speak of, no fiscal discipline herself, never having served in public office, never having built up a successful business, how does that make her qualified to vote as a Senator on multi-billion $$$ projects?

You know the answer yourself.

Niko on September 17, 2010 at 8:53 PM

The message matters more than the messenger.

Luka on September 17, 2010 at 9:30 PM

cross-breeding humans and animals

DarkCurrent on September 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM

OMG she is claiming that humans are animals are having sex.

OMG !!!1!!!!111!!!! /S

Gee not actually reading the full statement makes for some sensational headlines but it doesn’t have much to do with reality.

sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM

It has to be a mutual ceasefire. There have been quite a few “The Senate is lost, you damned wingnuts extremist so-and-so’s” posted here and elsewhere.

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I take it you didn’t get the news that the “guam will tip over” bit was an old inside joke between two military men.

Count to 10 on September 17, 2010 at 9:13 PM

i take it you always fall for spin?

unseen on September 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Gary Bauer is now on!
===========================

canopfor on September 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM

For the O’Donnell fans, tone down the “RINO” rhetoric. It helps no one.

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Are you Lindsey Graham?

Luka on September 17, 2010 at 9:32 PM

You know the answer yourself.

Niko on September 17, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Yeah because it takes a rich married career politician to really know how to bring home the pork and blow the publics money.

exceller on September 17, 2010 at 9:33 PM

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I agree with you. That doesn’t help either. I do believe both sides need to stop alienating eachother.

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I bet O’Donnell doesn’t thing guam will tip over if we add troops,

unseen on September 17, 2010 at 9:01 PM
============================================

Count to 10 on September 17, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Count to 10: Here ya go!
=======================================================

3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv

canopfor on September 17, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Are you Lindsey Graham?

Luka on September 17, 2010 at 9:32 PM

No, I’m smarter than that?

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 9:35 PM

So we’ve decided to campaign for the marxist or what?

Ronnie on September 17, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Do you understand what ‘experiment’ means?

sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM

See this part here ^

DarkCurrent on September 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM

“Cross-breeding” and “experiment” are the same thing?

ladyingray on September 17, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Hey Allahdumbit… you got it exactly right… amazing how bright you are…
“The “ruling class” stuff leaves me cold mainly because the term can now be used to describe everyone from Karl Rove to NRO bloggers who dare question O’Donnell’s electability.”

Since I don’t think the people who have contributed the over $1.8 million to her in two days are in that group, then I think you really did find those who think they are the “ruling class”

PhilipJames on September 17, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I think our Allah has contracted a case of ruling classitis by proxy.

Luka on September 17, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Luka: Do you have a link!

canopfor on September 17, 2010 at 9:27 PM

No. Unlike Munchausen by proxy syndrome it has not yet gainded wide spread prominence in the medical community.

Luka on September 17, 2010 at 9:37 PM

OMG she is claiming that humans are animals are having sex.

OMG !!!1!!!!111!!!! /S

sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Here it is in full context. She said what she said, dumb as it was. Reality.

DarkCurrent on September 17, 2010 at 9:40 PM

Well, at least “The Bearded Marxist” is a man of the people.

Or proletariate.

profitsbeard on September 17, 2010 at 9:46 PM

i take it you always fall for spin?

unseen on September 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM

What the other party to the joke said is spin?

Count to 10 on September 17, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I will agree to refrain from firing on you squishy unprincipled RINOs if you agree to do the same for us delusional true conservative God-botherers. :)

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Nobody wants to give me any advice?

The kook who wants to raise taxes or the one that doesn’t-for whom should I vote?

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Didn’t stop them from slinging accusations against O’Donnell though did it? The self delusion is strong with Castle and his lackeys.

clearbluesky on September 17, 2010 at 9:54 PM

The message matters more than the messenger.

Luka on September 17, 2010 at 9:30 PM

How ’bout Jesse Ventura? How did the Reform Party fare with him?

FloatingRock on September 17, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Some of the younger people here might need to look up the Reform Party.

FloatingRock on September 17, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Which isn’t a slight against young people but against the Reform Party.

FloatingRock on September 17, 2010 at 10:00 PM

OMG she is claiming that humans are animals are having sex. …

sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Sensational Headlines

gh on September 17, 2010 at 10:03 PM

The phrase “ruling class” is almost as tired now as “racist.” Everything and everyone that isn’t 110% gung-ho for this less-than-impressive candidate suddenly has become “ruling class.”

It’s been used so much that it’s now meaningless.

Think Christine’s a bit loopy? RULING CLASS.

Want to know what exactly she’s been doing since 1993 besides being a “marketing consultant” and occasional TV pundit? RULING CLASS.

Wondering why Christine has had more problems with the IRS, her creditors and some of her former campaign staffers? RULING CLASS.

Want to suggest that “true cons” heed, or at least acknowledge the lessons of Buckley and Reagan regarding coalition building and electing electable conservative candidates instead of out-of-left-field unknowns that turn off swaths of potential voters? RULING CLASS.

Want to take control of the Senate from the Democrats? RULING CLASS.

See a poll with the candidate down double digits and point out that she has not in fact won anything? RULING CLASS.

Want to make sure that the GOP gets committee chairmanships and runs the table instead of Harry Reid? RULING CLASS.

Seriously. It’s becoming a joke.

Good Lt on September 17, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Sensational Headlines

gh on September 17, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Yikes. How does someone go that wrong?

sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 10:07 PM

sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Dunno. He’s not the only one.

However, in Germany there have been several cases of voluntary (by the victim) cannabilism in the past few years.

gh on September 17, 2010 at 10:10 PM

gh on September 17, 2010 at 10:10 PM

I have heard of that. Kinda sad that people can get lost by that degree.

sharrukin on September 17, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Seriously. It’s becoming a joke.

Good Lt on September 17, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Yeah, and the chicken is getting tired. Move on.

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Yeah, and the chicken is getting tired. Move on.

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Yeah. Time to move on. Let’s go lose some more Senate seats.

It will be fun, and we’ll give those Ruling Class RINOs what for.

Good Lt on September 17, 2010 at 10:22 PM

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I don’t know what it’s like to be squishy unprincipled RINO. But alright :)

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Mice with fully functional human brains? How big are the heads on these mice?

ladyingray on September 17, 2010 at 8:29 PM

It’s kind of hard to get excited about that one when there are people running around calling evolution “disproven”.

Count to 10 on September 17, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Christine has that one covered as well

O’DONNELL: Well, as the senator from Tennessee mentioned, evolution is a theory and it’s exactly that. There is not enough evidence, consistent evidence to make it as fact, and I say that because for theory to become a fact, it needs to consistently have the same results after it goes through a series of tests. The tests that they put — that they use to support evolution do not have consistent results. Now too many people are blindly accepting evolution as fact. But when you get down to the hard evidence, it’s merely a theory. [...]

Now, he said that it’s based on fact. I just want to point out a couple things. First of all, they use carbon dating, as an example, to prove that something was millions of years old. Well, we have the eruption of Mt. Saint Helens and the carbon dating test that they used then would have to then prove that these were hundreds of millions of years younger, when what happened was they had the exact same results on the fossils and canyons that they did the tests on that were supposedly 100 millions of years old. And it’s the kind of inconsistent tests like this that they’re basing their ‘facts’ on. [...]

Well, creationism, in essence, is believing that the world began as the Bible in Genesis says, that God created the Earth in six days, six 24-hour periods. And there is just as much, if not more, evidence supporting that.

windansea on September 17, 2010 at 10:29 PM

RULING CLASS

Or, as Rush said yesterday, Washington vs. the rest of the country.

Obama and company ram their socialist programs through, ignoring the views of the public.

The DE GOP (and much of the GOP establishment) goes all in on an extra-squishy RINO and continues to defend its decision, even after the voters have sent him packing.

Obama talks of “bitter clingers”. Although he, at least, thought his remarks were private. The GOP branch of the Ruling Class insults us openly, right to our faces.

Lisa Murkowski loses her primary, but it doesn’t stop her. She’s running anyway. Who needs to accept the verdict of the voters? Not a member of the Ruling Class!

This is THE issue, and you’re in denial (or being knowingly dishonest) if you say it isn’t.

tsj017 on September 17, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Yeah. Time to move on. Let’s go lose some more Senate seats.

It will be fun, and we’ll give those Ruling Class RINOs what for.

Good Lt on September 17, 2010 at 10:22 PM

We MAY lose this one seat, but we do have many more that I feel we will win handily.

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Do you have one of those earpiece thingies or do you need to climb down off your cross every time your phone rings?

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM

^^^^not directed at Jesse, but at the guy with a fondness for fornicating with fowl.

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I don’t know why we all just can’t come together and back her. Stop all the name calling and hyperbole. If we don’t get serious, we will lose this seat and maybe others.

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Why did we NEED TO LOSE this seat, too?

Christine “Ruling Class RINO” O’Donnell ran as a write-in in 2006 when she lost the DE GOP primary.

Facts are stubborn things when you’re weaving fantasy.

So what is it – is Christine just as bad as Murky, or is she somehow “different?”

The hypocrisy of some of CO’s more die-hard-but-they-don’t know-why supporters is becoming too obvious to ignore.

Good Lt on September 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Why did we NEED TO LOSE this seat, too?

Good Lt on September 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM

I think it’s a bit premature to say we have definitely lost this seat. Look, I’m with you that this wasn’t the outcome I wanted either, but can we give her a chance? If she loses, then she loses and there will be no excuses. But she CAN win if we put all the bickering aside. We have what, 7 weeks to go? Anything can happen.

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 10:44 PM

The Lieutenant is on a mission.

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 10:50 PM

The Lieutenant is on a mission.

A Balrog of Morgoth on September 17, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Christine supporters working themselves into a lather over Lisa Murky’s absolutely galling and stupid ‘ruling class’ move didn’t seem to notice or care that Saint Christine did the same thing not more than four years ago when she lost a GOP primary.

And since you now know that and can’t pretend that it didn’t happen, my ‘mission’ of reminding people of some relevant historical facts is accomplished.

Carry on.

Good Lt on September 17, 2010 at 10:55 PM

Hey Allahdumbit… you got it exactly right… amazing how bright you are…

Wow, did you think of that yourself? That’s brilliant, and certainly not dumb at all.

PhilipJames on September 17, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean – grammatically it doesn’t really parse into anything intelligible. Are you perhaps trying to say that not contributing to O’Donnell’s campaign makes you ruling class? You do realize that that makes most of the population “ruling class”, don’t you? I never knew the elite made up the vast majority of the population.

RINO in Name Only on September 17, 2010 at 10:57 PM

OK, you sooper-geniuses have convinced me. There is no “ruling class”. Scare quotes necessary, since it’s obviously an illusion.

Now let’s get back to doing things the way we’ve been doing them, because it’s been working out SO WELL for us, don’t you think?

tsj017 on September 17, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Good Lt on September 17, 2010 at 10:55 PM

OK, so a few O’Donnell backers are being hypocritical. But how does any of this help the one thing we should all be worried about, and that is winning? I think we all know there is hypocrisy on both sides.

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I agree. I also didn’t support her, and am still quite pessimistic, but the clip here is pretty good. There are a few points where she stumbles a a bit and looks uncertain, but in other places she does a pretty good job of articulating the basic reasonableness of the tea party’s aims. And her use of the word elite is actually fair. Something about her delivery makes it feel pretty faithful to the meaning used by Jefferson in the quote she cited – “elite” referring not so much to a class, but to a mindset of superiority by certain politicians and technocrats. The point of Jefferson wasn’t so much that these people are necessarily stupid – some of them might be quite bright – but that no matter how bright or sophisticated they might be, they do not know better than us how to live our own lives.

RINO in Name Only on September 17, 2010 at 11:16 PM

RINO in Name Only on September 17, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Forgot to add, it’s notable that she is, in a way, reaching out to moderate and liberal voters who might be frightened of the extremist image the tea party has – her reference to Aslan sends the message that “hey, we’re here to piss off a bunch of snobs, that doesn’t mean we’re going to eat you.”

RINO in Name Only on September 17, 2010 at 11:22 PM

Before those with little understanding about what is happening in genetic research start their knee-jerk laughing about the mouse comment, please do some research. Here are a few links you may be interested in…

This article talks about the genetic similarity of mice and humans and how we can reproduce human ailments in “knockout mice” that can be used for research into cures…

Human genetics are being used in mice for experiments of many types. Here is an article about hos human language genes are being implanted into mice as a first step in creating animals that can talk to us…

Now here is the money article. This one talks about how researchers have created mice with functional living human stem cells in their brains. They are being created to research diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s…

So before you try to ridicule Christine O’Donnell, please try to do a little research to discover what she meant before you simply go off like a loose cannon and embarass yourself. No, the mice do not have fully functional human brains. They have fully functional human brain stem cells. Which is a necessary step to creating a human brain equivalent in a mouse.

So instead of belittling somebody maybe you should learn that the point of O’Donnell’s statement was accurate even if she may have said it clumsily. I am sure you would be equally appreciative of someone correcting you in a similar fashion next time you make a grammar mistake in a post.

Hawthorne on September 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM

RULING CLASS.

Seriously. It’s becoming a joke.

Good Lt on September 17, 2010 at 10:05 PM

You are mistaken. It is gaining traction. Watch for it to sweep nationally.

I’m telling ya, you might want to decide which side of it you’re on, ahead of time.

fossten on September 17, 2010 at 11:35 PM

AP,

I really sense a serious resentment by the folks that do not identify with the Tea Party. I guess we will have to include you in that bunch.

You begin with an attempt to deflect the “ruling class” categorization into a broad-based group in order to mute the impact. Including anybody who is not elected into the “ruling class” is immaterial. The Tea Party will concentrate its efforts onto elected officials because they are the only ones we have any control over for the moment.

The conservatives have every right to be frustrated and upset with the RINOs and Republican party establishment. Conservatives have been told many times they had to hold their nose and vote for people who did not represent their ideal, for the good of the party. They have done so in good faith. Now when it is time to reciprocate that loyalty to the conservatives who are winning the moderates and party leadership are balking. The double standard in effect is obvious.

The plain facts are becoming even more obvious. The “ruling class” Republicans and RINOs have no intention of giving any respect or power to the conservatives despite the fact that they are the real power in the party at this time. There is a very immature attitude in play here that is epitomized by people like Murkowski and Castle.

Let me clarify something for you once ad for all. If the moderates and ruling class Republicans are not willing to support conservative candidates when they win, there is no reason for conservatives to support the Republican party. You have tried to explain why the conservatives need the moderate wing of the party, but you fail to understand that the reverse is even more true.

The facts are that the conservatives have an identity and following without the moderates. The moderates are nothing more than wishy washy Democrats without the conservatives. In an election the branding for the moderates is not different enough from the Democrats to represent a clear choice. So if you are going to vote for somebody that is going to grow government and destroy the budget, you might as well just vote Democrat.

Given that the economy is imploding and likely to get worse, I think that moderates have a tough road ahead. They will be lu8mped with the Democrats as part of the problem. So you either need to become part of what the voters will see as the solution or you will be left in the dust with the liberals.

Hawthorne on September 17, 2010 at 11:52 PM

RINO in Name Only on September 17, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Do you live in Delaware?

Hawthorne on September 17, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Why did we NEED TO LOSE this seat, too?

Good Lt on September 17, 2010 at 10:38 PM

For TRUE CONSERVATISM™!!!

Vyce on September 18, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Do we? I used to think that we did, but somehow, O’Donnell winning the primary gave the idealogues the courage to do what maybe they’ve always wanted to do, and that’s kick us moderates to the curb. I no longer know that “we” “want the same thing”, primarily because I’ve seen a few too many “true cons” here this past week tell me that what THEY want is to purge “RINOs” (and as Allah has already covered, “RINO” now means anyone not an O’Donnell superfan), far MORE than they want to defeat Democrats.

For the O’Donnell fans, tone down the “RINO” rhetoric. It helps no one.

Jesse on September 17, 2010 at 9:28 PM

They won’t listen to you. But you’re sweet for trying.

Vyce on September 18, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Why did we NEED TO LOSE this seat, too?

Good Lt

Maybe if folks like you would stop trying so hard to lose it, we wouldn’t.

xblade on September 18, 2010 at 12:10 AM

For the O’Donnell fans, tone down the “RINO” rhetoric. It helps no one.

Jesse

For the RINOS out there, stop being RINOs. It helps no one.

xblade on September 18, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Vyce on September 18, 2010 at 12:08 AM

For me it’s simple, we either stand together united and fight, or we perish separately. The only purges that should be happening are US purging Democrats from office. I still believe we have a common enemy and goal. Some of us may see getting to that goal a bit differently, but still it’s the same goal.

I don’t want to see a split between an of us. I really don’t.

Jesse on September 18, 2010 at 12:20 AM

For the RINOS out there, stop being RINOs. It helps no one.

xblade on September 18, 2010 at 12:13 AM

And that’s the kind of nonsense i’m talking about…

Jesse on September 18, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Jesse on September 18, 2010 at 12:20 AM

No, you see, the purge of “unelectable” primary-winning GOP candidates comes first. Priorities.

ddrintn on September 18, 2010 at 12:27 AM

ddrintn on September 18, 2010 at 12:27 AM

I sometimes feel like I am not sure what peoples priorities are anymore.

Jesse on September 18, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Hawthorne on September 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM

I’ve been all over this board criticizing O’Donnell-but I agree with you on this one. Way too much is being made of the “mice with human brains” business. As you said, there was truth in what she said, she just said it (very) clumsily.

But that’s part of my problem with her–why didn’t she say it better? She was booked as a guest on O’Reilly’s show specifically to talk about such issues.

I wouldn’t expect her to be able to talk about the intricasies of cloning science, but couldn’t she have elucidated her concerns a bit better? She sounded incredibly amateurish.

I’m sorry, but I don’t see anything “ruling class” or elitist, about wanting leaders to be able to discuss issues intelligently

And she has made other statements-the infamous “I wouldn’t lie to the Nazis” stuff (ok, I’m paraphrasing, but it’s an accurate summation), that just sound incredibly bizarre and lacking in common sense.

Dreadnought on September 18, 2010 at 12:34 AM

Boring…

2ipa on September 18, 2010 at 12:44 AM

That’s such a crock of excrement.

the Dragon on September 17, 2010 at 9:24 PM

BS – people have said as much about me because I refuse to support a candidate that I consider to be an self-promoting grifter. As far as I’m concerned, she is not principled and cannot be trusted. I have zero confidence in her commitment to conservative causes. In other words, I, for one, think that character matters.

Having as a litmus test whether or not your fellow conservatives support a terrible candidate is just plain stupid. It would be as if Democrats had their litmus test whether or not people supported Rangel, or “Cold Cash” Jefferson.

besser tot als rot on September 18, 2010 at 12:47 AM

besser tot als rot on September 18, 2010 at 12:47 AM

They do. Tell me a prominent Democrat who’s lambasted Rangel or Waters or Jefferson the way O’Donnell gets it from some GOPers.

ddrintn on September 18, 2010 at 12:51 AM

^ Besides I don’t think O’Donnell’s been indicted or convicted of any crime, or is currently under criminal investigation that I know of. So I don’t get the attempted analogy.

ddrintn on September 18, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Well, Goodnight everyone! I hope I gave some people something to think about.

Jesse on September 18, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Hawthorne on September 17, 2010 at 11:23 PM

“American scientific companies are cross-breeding humans and animals and coming up with mice with fully functioning human brains.”

Not just clumsy and not a grammatical error. It’s just plain stupid.

DarkCurrent on September 18, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Hmm. Mice with human brains. Right up there with 57 states.

I think she’s in — if she can get closer to the real number of states than the President did last time he tried.

unclesmrgol on September 18, 2010 at 1:47 AM

ladyingray on September 17, 2010 at 9:20 PM

No, it is. I’ve seen the mice. Already they’ve got far more functioning human brain cells than Democrats, and the doctors are only getting started.

unclesmrgol on September 18, 2010 at 1:50 AM

ddrintn on September 18, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Explanation: Dems circle theirs wagons better than Reps due to their nature of being socialistic, not individualistic.

If O’D’s defenders would pause for a moment and be intellectually honest about her lunacy instead of attacking those on the Right who ask too many inconvenient questions about her, and who hesitate to drink the grape Flavor Aid put in front of them, there wouldn’t be so much infighting about her now, would there be?

Bizarro No. 1 on September 18, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Check It Out: C O’D Isn’t The Only Flawed Candidate In Delaware

I know you mean well on this one Ace but do we have to go back to the “flawed candidate meme”? There was a post on the O’Donnell thread yesterday that you needed to read. It said the same thing I had been saying after I looked into all the endless allegations. They were all either gross distortions or outright lies. Here it is:

From Belmont Club comments:

I copied this from another sites comments. I think its very interesting on the spin if this is all true.

O.k. fab back up …let me answer your BS assertions (did you copy/paste them from RINO Castle’s slam site?) one at a time. I personally know Christine. One of my good friends helped run her campaign in 08 and I know the truth on EVERY one of those allegations.

1. Re: ISI. She worked for a religious organization and was demoted not because of her job performance but because the supervisors in this ultra religious organization misinterpret their Bible’s and the book of Ephesians where it says that women should submit to men. And she was demoted to have a MAN put in charge of her. The demotion was illegal and she was completely right to call them out on it. She dismissed the lawsuit about 3yrs ago, NOT because it didn’t have merit but she was prepping to run against Biden and didn’t have the time/finances to pursue it. Bottom line was, she was wronged. She had every right to sue them and ISI is lucky that she decided it was not in her best interest to seek a judgment against them.

2. Re: her college career. She DID graduate from Farleigh Dickinson University. She took the courses and walked at graduation. She did not receive the OFFICIAL diploma due to outstanding tuition. It took nearly a decade for her to pay off her college loans and by that time, they made her retake a class to update her degree. (The same thing happened to me. It is very common now a days for colleges to say certain credits have expired, even though technically you got the degree and have worked in the field for years). Unlike others in this country who defaulted on their student loans–she DID pay them herself.

3. As to pursuing a Master’s at Princeton. You are referring to a quote from her deposition in the original ISI lawsuit. She WAS looking into pursuing her masters degree and the question from the legal council was regarding her current work/education. That was her plans after the demotion, then subsequent firing when she brought forth the lawsuit. She did not, however, go forward with it.

4. Re: her home foreclosure. That is a GROSS lie. She SOLD the house in question to help pay for her 08 campaign. She received a letter with a lien against the house more than a year later when it was owned by someone else. It was verified as a computer error and Christine put the letter on her website weeks ago to counter that misrepresentation. As to the IRS, Christine, her family and at least one of her campaign staffers from her 08 bid were audited by the IRS after she ran against Biden. Let’s talk about the statistical improbability for all of those people to be suddenly audited if it hadn’t been that they were all involved in trying to defeat Biden. The IRS found through the audit that she should have owed more in 2004 (?–might have been 05) and I have heard from MANY people that if the IRS audits you, they will ALWAYS find something/somewhere where you should have paid them more. She paid that judgment and posted the IRS clearance letter on her site.

5. Re: the Tea party paying her rent. Again you are distorting facts. Please take the libtard cotton out of your ears and listen up. Christine is NOT rich. She is a single, every day working woman who sold her house in the last campaign and has used every penny she could muster to fight in Delaware politics. She now lives in a small townhouse and because she couldn’t afford an official campaign headquarters–it was run out of rooms from her house. Because of staffers taking up half her living residence, it was determined she could use part of the tea party money as “rent” to her for space in her home for the headquarters. MANY people across this country use part of their house as a business office. (I work as a cardiac consultant from my home and I write off my home office space on my taxes) It is perfectly legal and was the best use of campaign dollars as opposed to her paying a fortune to rent space (which as the campaign has now grown, she will have to do)

Fab, you do nothing but regurgitate the same libtard/RINO bogus allegations that have already been proven false. Your pursuit of sounding intelligent and superior is one big epic fail
Posted by: yournamehere at September 16, 2010 12:01 PM (H3X4e)

I copied this from AoS

Talon on September 17, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Let’s talk about the painful contortions grape Flavor Aid drinkers have to suffer through, shall we?

Let’s see…because she hoped to get that Master’s Degree from Princeton, something she wasn’t guaranteed of receiving, she claimed in her lawsuit that she was deprived of future of earnings. You have no problems with that? Hey, me neither!

I think we should all jump on that bandwagon as a means to enrich ourselves at the expense of others without accomplishing anything whatsoever to earn it, except for saying, ‘Well, I hoped to get a degree, as well as a hypothetical well-paying job because it, so I deserve some government money for exerting my imagination in such a strenuous manner!

Hmmm…I think I’ve heard something similar to that in the not too distant past.

Bizarro No. 1 on September 18, 2010 at 3:02 AM

Hmm. Mice with human brains. Right up there with 57 states.

unclesmrgol on September 18, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Much worse. 57 states is only off by seven.

Equating a few human brain cells living in mouse tissue to a fully functioning human brain is off by many orders of magnitude.

DarkCurrent on September 18, 2010 at 5:58 AM

That was before my time here, but I would not have been trash-talking anyone with that attitude.

Hey, BTW, I was at the Oktoberfest last night at the Delaware Saengerbund. It’s HUGE event (as all the ethnic festivals in DE are), thousands of people, tons of beer, great food, an oom-pah band, the whole bit.

I was a bit surprised when some of Delaware’s politicians took the stage – senator Tom Carper (D), Chris Coons, and none other than our beloved Mike Castle. About half the crowd cheered him, some sat silent, but about 1/4 of the crowd (including me) booed him loudly! It was great.

My wife was giving me the sharp elbow trying to shut me up, until she realized that a large group near us was also booing.

UltimateBob on September 18, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on September 18, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Why don’t some of those on the Right start asking some convenient questions about Chris Coons?

If someone’s going to vote against cap-and-trade and other insanities, I couldn’t give a mouse’s ass about the mouse’s brain garbage.

ddrintn on September 18, 2010 at 8:39 AM

ddrintn on September 18, 2010 at 8:39 AM

People like you who refuse to face problems straight on but instead choose to kick the can down the road by trying to change the subject certainly are not part of the solution.

Bizarro No. 1 on September 18, 2010 at 8:55 AM

The “ruling class” stuff leaves me cold mainly because

because those are the people ed and I aspire to be loved and accepted by just like a couple of pimply faced, overweight goth girls aspire to be loved by the head cheerleader.

peacenprosperity on September 18, 2010 at 8:58 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on September 18, 2010 at 8:55 AM

GOPers like you who insist on doing the Dems’ work of opposition rtesearch and destruction are part of the problem, not part of the solution. There was a primary. O’Donnell won. Get over it.

ddrintn on September 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM

you mean a much smaller subset of the Tea Party with extreme religious views

You are a useful idiot of the ruling class and insidious left at their core. Go to a Tea Party event and video tape the speaches by those with extreme religious views and show it to the world since no other news media has been able to film any of the nonsense they spew about the Tea Party. You are a fool and no doubt still watch, williams, couric and the other hand puppets for your news.

peacenprosperity on September 18, 2010 at 9:02 AM

ddrintn on September 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM

So, personal attacks on people who are telling the truth and who are defending themselves from false allegations are the problem here, huh? You’re a good Stalinist, and you’d be a horrible therapist.

People like you are geniuses. O’Donnell is unethical and is a proven liar, but we should just shut up about that until the election is over so as not to thwart her win? You’re unethical, just like O’Donnell is. And stupid, too. REALLY stupid. Castle has gay innuendos spread about him by O’Donnell through a proxy, and some people can’t understand why he is having trouble endorsing her? Damn!

Why don’t you just call me a RINO now and get it over with!

Bizarro No. 1 on September 18, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Problem here–all this is pure and uplifting and makes self styled non-RINOS feel good about themselves(I’m not sure who I am so am not committing. lol). BUT–we need the RINO votes no matter who these might be or to what degree they meet some ephemeral and nuanced conservative criteria. She might just fly in SC, but in the country as a whole? Tend to doubt it. I want her to win for the sake of the GOP. Would I vote for her if I were from SC? Yes, but ONLY because the opposition is unbearable.

jeanie on September 18, 2010 at 9:18 AM

So, those making personal attacks on people who are telling the truth and who are defending themselves from false allegations aren’t the real problem here, huh? You’re a good Stalinist, and you’d be a horrible therapist.

Bizarro No. 1 on September 18, 2010 at 9:17 AM