Murkowski: This is one woman who won’t quit on Alaska

posted at 11:21 pm on September 17, 2010 by Allahpundit

Dude, it’s on.

“This is Alaska, where we come together, and we embrace one another for who we are, not because we may share the same political label, but because of who we are and what we contribute to our state,” she said. “This is what makes Alaska great, not our political labels.”

“Today, my friends, my campaign for Alaska’s future begins,” she said. “We’re in this together.”…

“It’s a futile effort on her part, it really is,” Palin told reporters in Des Moines, after a speech at the Iowa Republican Party’s Ronald Reagan dinner. “She certainly has the right to do so, but Joe Miller is the right person to lead the state and this country.”

Click the image below to watch the female Charlie Crist launch her crowd-pleasing zinger. Palin’s response via Twitter:

“My advice for Lisa is the same for anyone who sees a grizzly in the woods. DON’T RUN.”. tweeted by Orora 9/17/10 5:28pm

Joe Miller’s unloading on Murkowski to National Review, saying her “lifeblood is power” and that she has a “disconnection from reality.” No doubt Scott McAdams, the Democrat in the race, will jump in tomorrow by calling the three of them wingnut neo-Hitlers. In such a vicious, chaotic melee, there can be but one winner, my friends: Traffic-seeking bloggers. Exit question: Time to start making newly elected senators sign pledges promising to drop out if they lose a primary in the future? That won’t stop them from breaking their promises, of course, but it’ll remind voters of what lying little weasels they are when they do.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Maybe she won’t quit on Alaska, but it appears that Alaska has quit on her.

LewWaters on September 18, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Crist/Murkowski 2012

Mojave Mark on September 17, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Heh.

davidk on September 18, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Murkowski didn’t quit, SHE WAS FIRED. More Democrat dirty tricks to place 3rd party candidates in an attempt to prevent the Republican takeover.

Sarah Palin quit as govenor because she had several BS law suits against her and the state of Alaska and it was costing her and the state too much money. She quit so the lawsuits were dropped.
Similar tactics are used in Arizona against Sheriff Joe Arpaio with lawsuits against Sheriff Joe filed by democrat illegal immigration support groups. After some lawsuits have been filed, the democrat candidate goes on tv to complain about excessive lawsuits and excessive spending in order to defend Arpaio. Sheriff Joe is defending himself against the very democrats that sued him.

dthorny on September 18, 2010 at 4:39 PM

soo…it’s “the traffic” that matters around here, not “the comments.”

remember, there’s only like “three of you” and millions of us…./

ted c on September 18, 2010 at 5:55 PM

After seeing what Lieberman did, Republicans should have been smart enough to realize it would be a good idea.

Speedwagon82 on September 18, 2010 at 7:37 PM

The real winners here are the radio and TV stations that will run the adds.

BruceB on September 18, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I don’t think Lisa M. will get many votes. Most people don’t like to write in votes, anyway. And after this “scene” of losing but not bowing out graciously, Lisa M. is hurting her own image.

By November, no one will want to voter for her.

GeorgiaDoe on September 19, 2010 at 1:06 AM

I challenge all to write Senator Murkowski. I just sent her this message via the U.S. Senate e-mail connection:

Dear Senator Murkowski,
I deeply respect that you have been an honorable Republican senator representing the great state of Alaska. I was fortunate this summer to take a cruise to your most beautiful and magnificent state. It was a memory that my family and myself will remember fondly throughout our lives. I’m writing today to respectfully request that you do not run as an independent against Joe Miller. I can understand why you would want to maintain your job. I can only dream of the honor it would be to be a United States Senator. However, I am a concerned citizen of our great country. My fear is that it would open a window for the Democrats to take your seat in the Senate. That is something that we cannot give up. When I say we, I mean all of us. Not one citizen that cares about our country can allow the opportunity for one more Democrat to be elected. Not in your state or any other state. The stakes are too grave. It should not be about you at this point but about all of us. Please put down your personal ambitions and think about the rest of the country. We need to maintain this seat. We cannot allow the Democrats to take us one more step down the path of overbearing government. I ask you to please stand down on your attempt to hold your seat. Do it for your country. Thank you for allowing me to say my peace.

Dog bites on September 19, 2010 at 1:47 AM

Let’s not forget the REPEAL mission folks. First all to order once we have enough in office. That thing has got to go. The more I learn about it, the scarier it gets, like 50% investment property tax!

johnnyU on September 19, 2010 at 8:25 AM

who won’t quit on Alaska

Yeah, like a rapist that can’t get enough

J_Crater on September 19, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Alaskans didn’t ask her to quit.

Alaskans fired the witch.

oldyeller on September 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Murkowski: This is one woman who won’t quit on Alaska

Sorry, toots, Alaska has quit on you.

petefrt on September 19, 2010 at 7:48 PM

The Murkowski saga is sad. She tried to do what a good politician would do, like her daddy used to do. Now she gets no love anymore.She forgot to see that there is a coming shoot out at high Noon between Palin and Obama in which picking a side was mandatory. Fence sitting for Pork is not a viable option these days that are like the days of 1940 England and 1942 USA in the Pacific, both awaiting a fate that DEMANDS a gutsy fighter arise and attack.

jimw on September 19, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Joe Miller gave her the “what for” this morning on Fox News Sunday…

Bravo!!

Khun Joe on September 19, 2010 at 9:04 PM

“I’m Lisa Murkowski and I approve this message.”

Does AP live in Alaska??