Krauthammer to DeMint and Palin: Go down to Delaware and prove that O’Donnell is electable

posted at 9:57 pm on September 16, 2010 by Allahpundit

No sense in letting Rove take all the abuse today among traitorous Beltway RINOs who’ve allegedly never done a thing for “true conservative.” Let’s get Krauthammer into the game. This is actually a useful follow-up to the last post insofar as it’s yet another opportunity to show how Palin implicitly (and wisely) questions the dogma that right-wing candidates can win anywhere, any time, in any circumstances. Krauthammer dares her to go to Delaware to spearhead the O’Donnell campaign. Doubtless many Sarahcuda fans will say “great idea!” but Palin herself knows better:

Palin’s comments came after the last major primary night before the November midterm elections. Palin-endorsed candidate Christine O’Donnell stole the spotlight by defeating nine-term Rep. Mike Castle in the Delaware GOP Senate primary.

But the 2008 vice presidential nominee said that her involvement in races might not always benefit the candidates she endorses.

“I’ll do whatever I can. I want to help, though, and not hurt,” she told Fox News. “And, you know, sometimes it’s a double-edged sword there if my name is connected to anybody.”

Translation: Knowing how much Democrats hate Palin, it’d be silly to hand them a club in a state as blue as Delaware by appearing there frequently. If anything, it’d probably do more to alienate pro-Castle fencesitters, who likely blame her for Castle’s defeat, than to fire up Christine supporters who are already fired up. Krauthammer knows that, of course, but he’s making a point here about true belief in “true conservative.” If demographics don’t matter and it’s just a matter of preaching the right-wing gospel to convert the liberal heathens, let’s send our best preachers down there and let it rip. What could go wrong?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

Boxy_Brown on September 19, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Where to start?

You get no disagreement from me on Harry Reid. And that was my point exactly.

Said the idiot who advocates shooting herself in the foot.

I’m male. I’m 6’4″ and I weigh about 270. As for shooting myself in the foot, I’ve given money to O’Donnell’s campaign. If Castle had won, and supposedly good “conservatives” were giving him the kind of support the Harry Reid branch of the Republican party is lending O’Donnell, I’d have sent him money too.

I don’t really care if you appreciate the comparison. You’re earning it.

applebutter on September 19, 2010 at 5:56 PM

How many VOTES has Charles ever recieved in an election?

How many elections of ANY kind has Charles ever won?

Maybe Charles is not as much of an ‘expert’ as HE thinks he is!

Freddy on September 19, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Good answer reported on the Fox News site:

Delaware Republican Senate nominee Christine O’Donnell responded to old clips that surfaced over the weekend where she said she had once “dabbled in witchcraft,” clarifying at a GOP picnic in Delaware Sunday, “I was in high school, how many of you didn’t hang out with questionable folks in high school? But no, There’s been no witchcraft since, if there was, Karl Rove would be a supporter.”

applebutter on September 19, 2010 at 6:24 PM

RE:applebutter

You get no disagreement from me on Harry Reid. And that was my point exactly.

Yet you seem to be fine with going from “likely republican” to “likely democrat” overnight.

“I’m male. I’m 6’4″ and I weigh about 270.”

And you chose the name “applebutter”? Aint you precious!

“As for shooting myself in the foot, I’ve given money to O’Donnell’s campaign”

Excellent, she can pay her rent this month.

“I don’t really care if you appreciate the comparison. You’re earning it.”

And what do you suppose I think about someone who is effectively helping to keep Harry Reid in power? Remember? The guy who voted to send our best and brightest out on a limb and then did all that he could to saw it off behind them? When “we” stupidly chose Sharon Angle who was 18 points in the polls over Sue Lowden I bucked up and sent cash. Now we are tied. When “we” had the chance (admittedly an outside chance) to get to 51 seats by just not screwing up “we” chose to screw up and nominate a former frigging witch who thinks nothing of running up debts and walking away from them. (Sounds a hell of a lot like Pelosi to me) Now we are 11 points back and she wont even go on the talk shows to explain herself. So…What’s the difference between an outright traitor and the people who help keep him in power? None in my book.

Boxy_Brown on September 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I agree with Dr. K…

They created the candidate… Now go work and get her across the finish line!!

Khun Joe on September 19, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Ok CK, but what were the odds that Castle would have skipped to the Dems?

1 in 10, or better?

Akzed on September 19, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Boxy_Brown on September 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM

I hope you find a party that likes you. Heck, I hope you find a party full of people that will do just what you want. Not sure you’d like them, though.

The Republican party is at least partly full of people who like to think for themselves. And we can’t have that.

applebutter on September 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

And you chose the name “applebutter”? Aint you precious!

Boxy_Brown on September 19, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Along with your confusion about party, you seem pretty confused about gender. Are apples inherently feminine? Is butter? Both? Food in general? Cooking? Is that for women?

I guess next time I should choose the name “keilbasa”.

Get help. Get help soon.

applebutter on September 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM

RE: keilbasa

This wasn’t evidence of that. This wasn’t evidence of “thinking” at all. This was just as the good doctor said it was: Capricious and self defeating. Dumb. Ive seen enough of “all or nothing” netting nothing.

“Along with your confusion about party, you seem pretty confused about gender. “

Thanks for the straw men Barack. I’m a life long registered republican…and someone who needs to proclaim that he is “6’4″ 270′ & male” should call himself something like “Sasquatch of doom” instead of something out of the smurfs meets Martha Stewart.

“Cooking? Is that for women?”

In my case it certainty is.

Boxy_Brown on September 19, 2010 at 10:14 PM

They created the candidate… Now go work and get her across the finish line!!

See you in November.

MSimon on September 20, 2010 at 2:14 AM

No, just tired of “true conservatives” beating around the bush in refusing to tell RINOs they’re not welcome in the party anymore. If that’s what you believe, say it loud and proud that you don’t want RINO votes anymore.

Allahpundit on September 16, 2010 at 9:30 PM

RINO votes are fine. RINO candidates are not. I’m pro witchcraft and anti drug War. Christine fills that bill just fine. Or as close as I’m likely to get this time around.

And to think she is a Republican too!

MSimon on September 20, 2010 at 2:22 AM

And to think she is a Republican too!

MSimon on September 20, 2010 at 2:22 AM

There are many Pagans and Wiccans in the military serving right now. Those who are buried in the Arlington cemetery were denied for many, many years to have in their gravestones their faith and practices for all to see. I think it was last year, when DC finally let go of this ban, so now our Pagan and Wiccan troops can be buried in Arlington and be honored and identified as Wiccan.

So quit the witchcraft crap already. Pretty smart people that believe in the old “Law Of Three”, and that should be everybody’s “laws” to consider. I am Catholic, but I’ve been around.

Right now, per Josh at Texas 4 Palin, some useless and stupid ball of mud will be thrown at Sarah: She can’t hunt. Don’t believe me? Go there. If they’re gonna go back to when Christine O’Donnell was a teenager, I won’t be surprised the scandal of what brand her mom used as a pacifier, or if she ever used one at all/oh, the controversy!

ProudPalinFan on September 20, 2010 at 7:30 AM

I meant her mom used as a pacifier for baby Christine-sorry, dog was a pain at 4:30 am and then again at almost 6!! Coffee is my CPR right now. :{

ProudPalinFan on September 20, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Hey I was a vampire for Halloween once. Does that mean I cant ever run for anything?

johnnyU on September 20, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I beg to differ. This is about activist conservatives in Delaware voting their choice over the insinuated veto of the Republican establishment. They may have done it wrong, but they did it, and like it or not it required both thought and courage. Especially in light of the “life long Republican” Harry Reids that continue to call them names in the hope that O’Donnell will lose. What that does for these morons is way beyond my amateur psychoanalytical skills.

Along with your confusion about party, you seem pretty confused about gender.

No straw man there, Harry. You assigned gender based on name. This might be expected if the name was something like “Petunia”, or “Nancy”. In my experience, the assumption doesn’t make a lot of sense if the name is a food item. By the way, the name comes from an incident with a shotgun. “Sasquatch of Doom” was my choice before that event.

Cooking? Is that for women?

In my case it certainty is.

Boxy_Brown on September 19, 2010 at 10:14 PM