America’s newest dance hit: “Dude, you have no Koran”

posted at 7:50 pm on September 16, 2010 by Allahpundit

I linked an item about this the other day in Headlines but the Times provides detailed background in case you missed it. Long story short: Yet another pastor was set to torch The Book That Must Not Be Burned until a plucky stoner with a song in his heart and a plan so crazy it just might work somehow managed to snatch it away. When asked to comment afterwards, he uttered his now famous line and American music history was made. Two clips for you below, one of the news report and the other of the earworm du jour. I’m loath to draw any “teachable moments” from an episode this moronic, especially since it looks like Stony McStoner acted not out of fear of any jihadi pogrom but rather, in his own blinkered misdemeanor-ish way, to further community harmony. But how about this: Maybe this is the way the feds should handle Koran-burnings from now on, huh? Put together an elite team of drifters and airdrop ‘em in anytime free expression that “endangers the troops” is undertaken. Sure, it would involve theft, but all it would take to make that legal is a teensy extension of America’s eminent domain laws. I’m sure the Supreme Court would find it constitutional. Rubber-stamping government abuses of eminent domain is, after all, what they do.

I give you my strongest content warning about the second clip: It’s insanely catchy. Not as insanely catch, perhaps, as that new Cee-Lo tune whose name I’ll kindly refrain from mentioning, but … it’s up there. Proceed at your peril.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Burn the Koran. Every one!

sonnyspats1 on September 16, 2010 at 11:22 PM

I guess I don’t get all the butthurt over book burning. If you bought it, and want to burn it, go for it. I feel that way about all of your possessions, so there’s that.

This hipster fauxhemian with his bad teeth and rat tail thinks he is super cool and super smart. Now the media has given him affirmation. Thanks, MFM.

The heavy metal version of The Bed Intruder is pretty good, and the “backing up” song is ok, too. The Gregory Bros’s versions are almost always the best.

di butler on September 16, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Only got as far as the title of the second video.

Just say no to autotune.

agmartin on September 17, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Then you should be smarter than to pick on stupid stoners. They can’t help it. Am I the only non-drug-taking libertarian on this site?

John the Libertarian on September 16, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Nope. I don’t take drugs and I consider myself a Libertarian. Heck, I don’t even drink.

ButterflyDragon on September 17, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Funny.

albill on September 17, 2010 at 7:06 AM

That is catchy… LOL

I just wish you could see this many people standing up for Christianity! The Ground Zero Mosque is offensive to Americans and yet many of these same people don’t protest it, they protest the people against building the mosque!

jeffn21 on September 17, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Hippie Infestation!

mechkiller_k on September 17, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Dude you have no Koran? Dude, you have no deodorant you smelly stupid hippie liberal. I can smell you through my monitor. How would you like it if I snuck up behind you and took your bong?

And for all those asking, of course he wouldn’t have done it for the bible, the hippie libs are all the same-protect every religion EXCEPT Christianity. You see truthfully the libs have their own religion anyhow (Gaia-mother earth and liberalism itself) which is why so many of them tend to be atheists, but they only defend Islam because it is the enemy of their enemy.

In other words it’s not so much they love or respect Islam, they just hate Christians, and since they know Christianity is the only true religion among the multitude of false teachings out there, they perceive it as the biggest threat. Therefore it’s the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

dave_ross on September 17, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Excellent opportuntiy for the world to see the quality of the Americans who are supporting the Islamic takeover of America.

MikeA on September 17, 2010 at 10:06 AM

I see a big mosque in this communities future…

flameofjudah on September 17, 2010 at 10:44 AM

That’s awesome. In the first clip, he’s just a hippy doing a good thing. In the second, he became a folk hero.

CLaFarge on September 17, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Only got as far as the title of the second video.

Just say no to autotune.

agmartin on September 17, 2010 at 12:07 AM

To those who just reflexively bash Autotune, I’ll just throw this out there. A little secret here…Everyone in the music industry has been using Autotune in one degree or the other for the past 15 years or so….it’s a staple in the mix engineer’s toolbox. There are varied degrees which Autotune can be applied, the usual approach being to proper-pitch a singer or some solo instruments that have drifted off tune. The listener does not hear this has happened except that the singer amazingly has perfect pitch. Virtually all vocal tracks get a dose of Autotune in one degree or the other. That keeps the number of vocal takes way down in the studio. How many modern recorded songs do you hear where the singer is off pitch, any?…it happened in the 50′s – 70′s all the time. By the 80′s they were able to do minor pitch adjustment with their analog gear. What has become known culterally as “Autotuning” is the hyper application of the settings within the application itself. FWIW, Cher’s “Believe” was the first “hit song” that successfully pushed the settings beyond a normal human vocal sound.

starman on September 17, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Great. Now I’m going to have “dude you have no quran, have no quran” running around in my head the rest of the day.

RadClown on September 17, 2010 at 11:31 AM

starman on September 17, 2010 at 11:19 AM

That was such an obviously artificial sound, I always wondered what piece of hw or sw did it.

slickwillie2001 on September 17, 2010 at 11:51 AM