Rush: Maybe Rove should have gotten this excited about Democrats

posted at 1:36 pm on September 15, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

“Let’s go balls to the wall for Christine O’Donnell,” Rush Limbaugh implored listeners on his show today, but Rush knows that his listeners are the choir to which he is preaching. It’s the party establishment and the center-right commentariat that needs to hear the message, and in that vein, Rush took on Karl Rove on today’s show. Rush demanded to know why Rove and other establishment figures want to make Christine O’Donnell’s character the issue, when it’s the character of the current administration and Democratic leadership in Congress that should get the focus. Instead of issuing self-fulfilling prophecies of doom, shouldn’t the Republican establishment start fighting for wins in Delaware? The Right Scoop got the video:

Matt Lewis joins the fray in warning Republicans about the impact of snubbing O’Donnell:

The National Republican Senatorial Committee and Castle — who withheld his endorsement of the winner — were wrong to behave as they did. Though an NRSC spokesman issued a terse congratulations to O’Donnell, word quickly leaked that the NRSC would not fund her general election race. This was a silly thing to do. Fortunately — and wisely — NRSC Chairman John Cornyn on Wednesday morning agreed to donate $42,000 toward O’Donnell’s campaign and to evaluate future funding at a later date. This was smart damage control, but to many conservatives, the damage had already been done.

Moreover, the GOP has not just offended O’Donnell but has gone out of its way to offend her Tea Party supporters across the nation — folks who were already highly skeptical of the party establishment.

Similarly, Castle’s decision to withhold his endorsement was unchivalrous, and the fact that his staff continues to throw stones, referring to O’Donnell as a “con artist,” is inexcusable.

It’s not just inexcusable, it’s inexplicable. It’s as if everyone forgot why we have primaries in the first place. This has been a gut-check moment for Republican leadership, and with a few exceptions, they have failed it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

If the NRSC is wondering why my checks have stopped coming, they can examine their behavior on this issue and understand.

I don’t think they’re wondering with me anymore. I read them the riot act the last time they called, and that was about 3-4 months ago. Usually I get a call about once a month or so, so perhaps I’ve been marked as a lost cause.

They lost me when they forgot who they represent. I haven’t changed. They did.

Chris of Rights on September 15, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I think a good portion of Rush’s thinking is that sacrificing the Senate in 2010 is worth it if it sets up a bigger win in 2012. How fortunate to find a way to throw the Senate that won’t get the Tea Party mad. Unfortunately, it has made everybody else mad.

My opinion is that the momentum conservatives have in ’10 may not be there in ’12. And it won’t be because we weren’t moderate enough or pure enough. It may be a combination of GOP success and events we cannot predict.

A Republican Congress beginning in 1995 put the kibosh on a lot of Bill Clinton’s lefty plans, which was enough for some parts of the economy to breathe a sigh of relief. About a year before came the Eternal September of 1993, when AOL opened up access to Usenet, and eventually as the technology matured, the World Wide Web. No matter what burdensome taxes and regulations were out there, the profits from newfangled e-commerce made it worth hiring people again. All those scared and angry 1993 voters had jobs, Hillarycare was dead, and they got complacent enough to re-elect Clinton in 1996.

I just hope we didn’t throw away a bird in the hand for two birds to fly out of the bush.

Sekhmet on September 15, 2010 at 4:00 PM

When the Democrats won in 06, they did it by running pro-life and pro-gun candidates. Did the base like it? Of course not. But they won, and they rammed through anything they wanted. It’s as if Republicans are doing the exact opposite.

I also find it hilarious how everyone here rightfully attacked Obama supporters for believing what he said, and not what he had done. O’Donnell is the same thing. Is she going to go start crying sexism and throwing out other wacky theories on national news shows on the off chance she gets elected? If she wins, it’s an almost guarantee that she’s going to keep being at least half as wacky as she’s reported to be, and is going to kill us in 2012.

I’m just as for getting some real conservatives in power as everyone else here, but ignoring political realities and being so enamored with a candidate that you guys start doing EXACTLY what the Obamabots/Paulbots have done before just makes the whole movement look flimsy. This whole episode is a charade, and whether or not she wins or loses, the conservative movement will have a net negative from this episode in two years.

Rainsford on September 15, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Unipak: Your inanity at 3:53 p.m. conclusively demonstrates you are in fact a prime candidate for the rubber room. Proving I suppose the old adage: “Open your mouth and remove all doubt forever.”

alwyr on September 15, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Rush suggested that if everyone listening would send $1 to O’Donnell, it would be great. Even if you’ve never donated to a candidate before, send $5, 10 or $50. We need to win this one.

tgillian on September 15, 2010 at 4:04 PM

alwyr on September 15, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Hmm kettle/pot. A lawyer who can’t spell. I at least have an excuse. But attacking me isn’t helping OD, keep that in mind.

Have a great day.

upinak on September 15, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Slightly OT: WHOAAAAAAA, did you hear that quote by Lisa Murkowski? WOW. Thank you, Alaska, for kicking this woman’s butt to the curb.

Animator Girl on September 15, 2010 at 2:11 PM

No, I missed it! Got link?

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 4:08 PM

Rush, Levin and Hannity are sure going out on a limb for O’Donnell. Wonder how they can back off later.

Vashta.Nerada on September 15, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Call it the first decisive battle for conservative control of the Republican Party. The reaction implies the old power structure is waking up, and is beginning to see a future where D.C. means less to a citizen wrt anything domestic (from law to benefits) than, say, the City Council and Mayor of Wasilla.

I had a discussion ages ago with a top-ranked GOP apparatchik about the need for groups like the Club For Growth. He agreed that the party is no less or more than the sum of the incumbents, and it (or any party where the power resides with the elected officials) is incapable of supporting a challenger against a member. Which was why (without term limits) there’d be little hope of change in our lifetimes.

My sense is we’re only going to get to do this once. And in the process of removing the central-government statists hands from our throats, a lot of nice “get-along types” – like Mr. Rove (who can’t imagine a D.C. less powerful than the average county) are going to find themselves having to work for a living.

I’m waiting for a pledge with a plan to get D.C. out of all things domestic – perhaps something named in honor of George Washington who handed back the crown to the people, its owners. This is what happened in corporate American in the 70-80s when headquarters staff (Sloan/Carnegie-command-and-control industrial-age organization) was made redundant by computers, networks, and information becoming cheap. Same can happen at the county level – they can do everything (domestic) the federal government can do, better, faster, cheaper (nothing like Moore’s law and inexpensive, if not free software), and be locally responsible. Disciplined not only by local interests and the ballot box, but by competition between these local government units for the citizen and their enterprise. Voting with our feet will return as a feasible option. It won’t be the libertarian ideal but it will be a lot closer than what we have today – near-sovereign political jurisdictions of ~300,000 people. Call it effectively a thousand “new states.” And given that the European states have U.N. presence with smaller police forces, a thousand new general assembly members to shake up that organization as well…

Well, I can dream.

aritai on September 15, 2010 at 4:10 PM

alwyr: Please chill. I admit it’s highly unlikely that Mr. Rove is running a psyop, but it’s not altogether impossible. upinak is neither foolish nor crazy, and I heartily wish we could all quit slagging each other over this and get into kicking some Demo butt.

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Mary, don’t worry about it. As for the OD and Castle election, I am glad it is over. I supported neither waiting to see the end results.

Now on to the General…. I want to see what happens in a few weeks. Call me leary. But I am tired and looking forward to Nov. 3rd.

upinak on September 15, 2010 at 4:16 PM

I’m usually with Rush on most things, but I think he’s wrong on this. Like a lot of folks, I have mixed feelings about O’Donnell; I didn’t like a lot of Castle’s votes, and wanted someone more conservative. On the other hand, we need our candidates to be upstanding and honourable. Of course everyone makes mistakes, but O’Donnell seems to be a bit more off than most.

Our problems with corruption and saying one thing and doing the other (like supporting the mass entitlement of prescription drugs), is what has gotten us into trouble in the past. We need to be better than the Democrats, not just “not quite as bad” as them.

In situations like Delaware we see the problem of not having a good farm team and how establishment favouritism in the party can do us harm. It’s this sense of entitlement, of being the doyenne of the political party in the state and thus owed some treatment or preference that is so damaging (see John McCain in 2008). We get stagnant candidates, flush with the benefits and cronyism of Washington, who become terribly out of touch. Since for a lot of politicians it becomes almost a lifetime appointment, we miss the opportunity to develop other people with talent who are more conservative or libertarian, and who aren’t out of touch with the common man.

So we end up with a candidate like O’Donnell against a RINO milquetoast like Castle in the primary at a key point in the country’s history, where we truly are close to a split in the road. Where who controls Congress in the next election will determine whether we turn more European liberal or we reclaim some of the ground we lost and restore prosperity and individualism. We need to be eternally vigilant.

linlithgow on September 15, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Hey, ya know something, guys?

That Democrat candidate in Delaware, that Coons guy, he’s a real scary proposition as a Senator.

I’m pretty sure he will be liberal, and that would be bad.

Brian1972 on September 15, 2010 at 4:28 PM

I’ve been listening to Rush for a long time now, and yesterday Rush lied to me.

He said Castle voted for the impeachment of George W. Bush and I believed him. Later, I found out this was not true.

I honestly do not care about Castle. I could not pick him out of a police lineup. But Rush knowingly slandered him, and I believed Rush’s lie. I won’t make that mistake again.

And then Rush has the nerve to talk about “Conservative principles” on his show this morning. Ugh.

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Vashta.Nerada on September 15, 2010 at 4:09 PM

As long as Rush, Sean, and Mark can control their own narratives, they don’t have to worry about having limbs sawed off behind them. Which is a lesson a lot of us are trying to impart to a lot of you folks who think having a 51st Senator for power’s own sake is more important than controlling your own narrative on your agenda.

BradSchwartze on September 15, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:29 PM

You want to link to where he said that?

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Are you sure he knew it wasn’t true? He might just have been mistaken — several posters here at HA were still thinking it was true as early as this morning.

I’m not a Rush listener, but I have the impression that if you think he lied and you called him on it, he would take your call.

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 4:37 PM

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Read the last few paragraphs in his transcript. I thought maybe I had made a mistake, but I talked to a few other Rush fans and they had the same impression as me.

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Rove did more to tarnish his relevance in 5 minutes in his exchange with Hannity over O’Donnell than most politicians do in a lifetime. The timing was like a sucker-punch to the GOP establishment. Had to happen sooner or later. Their refusal to support her financially was a mistake that cost the NRSC millions of dollars. Their change of heart will not work. Their complete ignorance reinforces that the RINO population must be thinned.

volsense on September 15, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Okay, I took a look at that transcript, and I think this is the money paragraph:

RUSH: Well, this is all so predictable, but I’m going to stick with it. People say, “Rush, you gotta be careful. That caller was right, that caller was right, you’re a little bit off target here on Castle and impeachment. He didn’t vote for impeachment.” I didn’t say he did. I said he voted for a resolution written by Democrats to move it to the Judiciary Committee. “But, Rush, but, Rush, but, Rush, you don’t understand, that’s how they killed it, everybody knew they were going to kill it.” Okay, fine. Let’s walk through this ’cause I don’t want to get sidetracked here over what we really should be talking about. We can understand why Peter King of Long Island, some conservatives might attempt a strategery in that impeachment resolution to kill it in committee. We can understand that. But why is it assumed that that was Castle’s strategy? Castle had joined a bunch of moderate Republicans to go up to the White House and threatened Bush over this. Why is it assumed that Castle, given his statement that he and fellow RINOs went up to warn Bush that he jeopardized the Republican Party over this, why is it automatically assumed that Castle had the same objective to kill the resolution? I mean how do we assume this? You know, all the Democrats voted to kill the resolution, too? What was the purpose of this?

I think Rush clarified his position there. He seems to be suspicious of Mike Castle’s motives for moving the bill out of committee.

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 4:42 PM

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Rush discussed it in response to a caller who challenged him on it. Read the transcript.

Don’t get me wrong. I love Rush and listen to him as much as I can. Do I believe everything he says is true? No, absolutely not but I did think he was genuine and would not deliberately try to fool his audience by slandering someone.

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:43 PM

moving the bill out of to the Judiciary Committee.

FIFM

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Sekhmet on September 15, 2010 at 4:00 PM

No, Limbaugh’s point is that those blessed 51 seats and the majority mean nothing if it has to be done with 7 or 8 liberal Republicans. It does more harm than good. And he’s absolutely right.

ddrintn on September 15, 2010 at 4:43 PM

All of this civil warfare that’s played out with O’Donnell? It’s going to be like that x10 when Palin runs for the GOP nomination.

It will begin again. You “true cons” will burn every bridge possible to get her the denomination, and will refuse to endorse or support someone like Romney if he manages to pull out the nomination win.

Obama will win without even trying, because the conservative movement will eat itself from the inside. That is what Delaware has taught me.

Vyce on September 15, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Whoa there, cowboy. Projection much?

…jeezus.

davisbr on September 15, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:29 PM

That’s not what he said. Here’s the cut from the transcript.

RUSH: All I can tell you, he voted for the resolution to investigate Bush for the possibility of impeachment.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: All right. I see what’s happening now. “Rush, you gotta be a little bit more accurate than you are here on Castle. Peter King did the same thing. They voted just to move it to the Judiciary Committee, where it was gonna die. It was called ‘moving the ball.’” In early May 2007, Representative Castle attended a meeting organized by Charlie Dent (Republican-Pennsylvania) between several moderate Republicans in the House and President Bush to express their concerns over the war in Iraq. The group warned the president his pursuit of the war in Iraq was risking the future of the Republican Party. He could not count on Republican support for much longer.” Castle was already threatening Bush with the withdrawal of Republican support for the war effort.

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:43 PM

What he said looks to me like voicing suspicion (ref: me on September 15, 2010 at 4:42 PM), which isn’t quite the same as slander — but, as I said, I’m not a Rush listener, so I’ll have to defer to the folks who actually heard him.

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:38 PM

He made it very clear what Castle voted for and who (Kucinich) forwarded it.

Where did he say that Castle voted to impeach Bush?

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Rove is not a genius, nor was he any great “architect” of George W. Bush’s victories. Rove’s book, whatever it’s called, spelled out his method of winning elections.

He relished his first campaign where he scraped out a win, I think in a primary, by a few hundred votes. Then he describes other such campaigns where he worked tirelessly to get 50% plus one vote, over and over again. This foreshadowed Bush’s Electoral College win (barely) in 2000 after losing the popular vote by 500,000, and his unimpressive win by a few points in 2004 over Kerry.

Rove did this by appealing to voter groups the same way Democrats do: as Hispanics, or blacks, or whites, or whatever. Never as Americans or Texans.

He never talked about a campaign that was about ideas or themes. Which is why he’d rather have Castle as a candidate than O’Donnell.

O’Donnell can win, but Rove wouldn’t know how to do it. O’Donnell is going to talk about ideas, like limited government, individual freedom . . . you know, American stuff. Not the kind of stuff Rove knows about.

InterestedObserver on September 15, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Read the transcript.

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:43 PM

I just did and posted it above. If you’ve found something different then put it up there so we can see what you’re talking about.

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM

The caller is responding to what Rush had said earlier.

RUSH: Well, what did I get wrong?

CALLER: Well, Castle did not vote for Kucinich’s impeachment proposal. What he did vote for — as did other Republicans including Peter King, for example — was to refer Kucinich’s impeachment proposal to the Judiciary Committee where it died a quiet death. So I would hope… As you said it’s getting more and more bitter on all this stuff going on in the Internet, and I think unnecessarily bitter.

After talking to other Rush fans I know, they were also under the impression that Castle had voted for impeachment, which is clearly not true.

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Sorry but your impression doesn’t trump what he actually said.

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:49 PM

But didn’t this part come after that?

I think that’s an okay clarification — maybe he looked it up on line during the commercial break?

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 4:52 PM

Argh! Tag fail.

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I smell a lot of pot-stirring here from a lot of commenters I don’t recognize. There’s blood in the water, folks…and desperatation on the other side.

Don’t fall for this cr@p. O’Donnell is the Republican candidate. It’s not RINOgeddon, it’s not the conservatives eating the Republicans. It’s a primary win. That’s it.

Send money and move on. November 2nd, here we come.

Grace_is_sufficient on September 15, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 4:49 PM

So you really can’t provide anything solid to back up your claim. Thought not. You just feel that he said it. Even if he did misspeak, then that later clarification certainly should have cleared it up. So where is the lie?

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I meant “desperation”. Sorry.

Grace_is_sufficient on September 15, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Read further down, in the last 2 paragraphs and try to tell me Rush is NOT implying that Castle was for impeaching Bush when he voted to send the resolution to the committee.

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 5:03 PM

I watched it too…I was thinking WTF??? Even Hannity was stunned.

LtE126 on September 15, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 5:03 PM

You’re grasping at straws. You’re just trying to change the parameters of your argument and can’t provide any evidence that Rush SAID what you allege. Here is what YOU said. Show me that Rush actually said it or go away.

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 5:08 PM

She can win.

LtE126 on September 15, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 5:08 PM

I just showed you.

You do not see how some people would take this as Rush saying Castle voted to impeach Bush?

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 5:11 PM

No, I don’t especially someone who actually listened to the program.

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 5:11 PM

The Son of Sam thought his dog was talking to him.

They put him on trial not the dog.

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 5:15 PM

The problem with this primary challenge, from the perspective of moderates and grounded conservatives, is that Delaware is not Missouri or Pennsylvania. Even if O’Donnell were squeaky clean and blandly uncontroversial, there is absolutely no chance an unknown strong conservative is elected Senator in Delaware. Conversely, polls showed that there was almost no way Mike Castle (well known, well liked) would have lost. Castle was more Scott Brown or Joseph Cao than Charlie Crist; he’s the best you can get, take the seat or surrender it to the Dems. Conservatives have affirmatively, unambiguously, and deliberately moved a Senate seat from “R” to “D”. The recognition of this stupidity is what’s making the GOP elites mad. I can’t say I sympathize with them – they created the situation over the last 16 years – but that doesn’t make it any less stupid.

HitNRun on September 15, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 5:13 PM

I listened to it too and came away from it thinking that Castle voted to impeach Bush. When I later found out this was not true, I called up a few friends who are Rush listeners to see if they had heard the same thing. They also felt that Rush had said Castle voted to impeach Bush.

It’s an old trick: “I’m not saying Mr. White beats his wife, but . . .” then you provide a whole host of reasons why Mr. White might be beating his wife.

It’s disingenuous and sophistry and its worst.

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 5:24 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 5:11 PM

I can see how it might be misheard that way, but I didn’t hear the broadcast — I only read the transcript. It looks to me that Rush is voicing a suspicion that Mike Castle might have had less than 100% purely procedural motives for moving the bill to the Judiciary Committee, based on his [Castle's] alleged earlier threats to President Bush over the prosecution of the war in Iraq. Impugning someone’s motives isn’t slander — it’s pretty much S.O.P. in politics! :-)

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Check this out, Which ever way you look at it, She had a good day.

Guest1.1 on September 15, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I agree but I felt like Rush had lied to me. I heard his show and said to myself “Wow, this Castle guy is a real creep, he even voted to impeach Bush!” and later I find out that’s not true.

I hope O’Donnell wins and the main stream media pundits eat crow over it. The strikes against Castle are long and numerous but why engage in this chicanery?

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM

but why engage in this chicanery?

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM

You misunderstood what he said and somehow that becomes deliberate deception on his part?

BS!

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Chicanery? Seriously? I think he was spot on.

Oh, and Ed – I think your quote was a misrepresentation of what Rush said in this clip.

He used that phrase in the voice of Republicans who would really want to win that seat because it was so important to them. He was in no way was imploring his listeners to do that.

Queen0fCups on September 15, 2010 at 6:18 PM

I lost a LOT of respect for Karl Rove last night. We have a Congress full of crooks, Democrats who need to be sent home permanently, and Karl takes this time to excoriate the Delaware Republicans’ chosen candidate for Senate instead of highlighting the Democrats’ crimes against America.
I will be sending a contribution to Christina’s campaign tonight.

maryo on September 15, 2010 at 6:21 PM

oops – Christine’s.

maryo on September 15, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Rush did not say that Castle voted to impeach President Bush. He said that Castle voted yes on the (Dennis Kucinich) impeachment resolution to the House Judiciary Committee.
People who don’t listen to Rush misquote him and then deride him for things he did not say. Rush is much too clever to lie to his audience.

maryo on September 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM

It’s not just inexcusable, it’s inexplicable. It’s as if everyone forgot why we have primaries in the first place. This has been a gut-check moment for (Delaware) Republican leadership, and with a few exceptions, they have failed it.

With leadership like this, it’s no wonder Biden won election after election after election after…….

olesparkie on September 15, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Grace_is_sufficient on September 15, 2010 at 4:57 PM

Dead on accurate Grace… The bots are out in force.

Keemo on September 15, 2010 at 7:02 PM

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 6:15 PM
maryo on September 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Then please explain what Rush means by the following quote (and yes, I am a regular listener)

Rush: We are to believe here that Castle was standing up for Bush? He was standing with the conservatives in some grand strategy here to head off impeachment after he had met with other moderates and threatened Bush about the war? Where’s the proof of this?

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 7:30 PM

He meant exactly what he said.

Where is the proof that Castle wasn’t trying to screw over Bush?

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Rush just doesn’t trust a 40 year Congressman who’s been voting more along the liberal line than the conservative. I don’t believe them when they call themselves a conservative. Look at their record.

Kissmygrits on September 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Rove is a washed-up prima donna who should go clean hotel rooms in Las Vegas and get out of the People’S way.

He hurts the cause trying to hog the spotlight.

Ta-ta, Snarkitect.

profitsbeard on September 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM

profitsbeard on September 15, 2010 at 8:00 PM

It’s kinda sad when people become obsolete and don’t know it.
*cough*Peggy Noonan*cough*

Mary in LA on September 15, 2010 at 8:14 PM

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM

After reading the entire post with special attention to Cpt Kirock’s accusations it is clear that he has no room to stand on at this point and is just too stubborn to admit that he duped himself. He doesn’t realize that he is just digging himself a hole as all the evidence he cites merely shows that he either didn’t listen carefully or was unable to understand what Rush said.

He also clearly cannot identify the difference between questioning motives and libel/slander.

At this point you may as well stop responding to him as his motivation may be more about winning the argument than actually being correct.

(We’ll see if I’m correct soon)

Pattosensei on September 15, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Where is the proof that Castle wasn’t trying to screw over Bush?

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Here:

And here:

Quote from the article dated June 12, 2008 (emphasis mine):

No Democrats voted against the resolution, to send the measure to certain death in the Judiciary Committee, but 166 Republicans voted no – a tactic designed to force Democrats to address the measure publicly.

Their votes technically could have kept alive the possibility that the resolution could come up on the House floor, and Republicans wanted to expose Democrats for their “trivial and silly conspiracy theories,” said Michael Steel, a spokesman for the House GOP leadership.

“There should be consequences when the Democratic leadership allows the House floor to be hijacked by the loony left,” Steel said.

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Pattosensei on September 15, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I’m sorry Pattosensei. We’re you trying to make a point?

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I’m sorry Pattosensei. We’re you trying to make a point?

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Yes, and you just proved it. Thank you.

Pattosensei on September 15, 2010 at 8:50 PM

I’m sorry Pattosensei. We’re you trying to make a point?

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Troll alert.

(just in case it isn’t obvious to some of you)

Go get a life somewhere else, “captain.”

trapeze on September 15, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Pattosensei on September 15, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I stopped paying attention to him at 5:13. The only place that he could possibly have won that argument was in his own mind.

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 8:43 PM

So he did vote for it and he did the Democrats a favor by not embarrassing them? That’s your argument?

166 Republicans voted NO and he voted YES along with Ron Paul.

This makes him a friend?

In early May 2007, Rep. Castle attended a meeting, organized by Rep. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.), between several moderate Republicans in the House and President Bush to express their concerns over the War in Iraq. The group warned the President that his pursuit of the war in Iraq was risking the future of the Republican Party, and that he could not count on Republican support for much longer. Despite their concerns, each of the members promised to oppose the short-term funding measure for the War that was being considered in the House.

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 9:03 PM

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 9:03 PM

You must be bored. Here look at this. Courtesy of AllahP.

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 9:11 PM

You must be bored. Here look at this. Courtesy of AllahP.

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 9:11 PM

I like your posts a whole lot more than his!!!

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Oops, sorry not AllahP, but

by Lori Ziganto

I was distracted.

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Indeed. Thanks for the support by the way.

I love how he went ahead and did exactly what I expected even after I put the warning in parenthesis at the end of my first post. First in citing more information that seems to go against what he is saying and second by attacking me instead of my argument. I thought for sure he wouldn’t bite an un-baited hook.

Pattosensei on September 15, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Rove shows point blank that the GOP is a party that exists for its own sake. Dead letter.

spmat on September 15, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Oops, sorry not AllahP, but

by Lori Ziganto

I was distracted.

Oldnuke on September 15, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Is there something you’re not telling us?

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 9:19 PM

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Peter King of New York and Kevin Brady of Texas were also “Yes” votes on the resolution. Are you saying they voted for Bush’s impeachment too?

Look, I agree that Castle is a liberal d-bag but aren’t there enough reasons to not vote for him without having to resort to deception?

Pattosensei on September 15, 2010 at 9:14 PM

How did I attack you personally?

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 10:14 PM

I just got done reading Rush’s first hour (I am a 24/7 Rush subscriber). He summed it up perfectly, it is the country against the DC insiders. We have to take our country back.

karenhasfreedom on September 15, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 10:14 PM

What Peter King and Kevin Brady did doesn’t act as an explanation for what Castle did. Ron Paul voted for it too and he sure as hell meant it!

There was no deception because he did vote for exactly what Rush said he voted for along with the Democrats.

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 10:22 PM

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Did you see the part of the article that said this was a procedural tactic by the GOP to expose the House Dems and their leadership as being conspiratorial nut jobs?

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Did you see the part where the GOP voted against (166) it while Castle voted for it?

Your source is full of crap!

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Your source is full of crap!
sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Ok. We will just have to agree to disagree on this one. Nice arguing with you, though.

Here’s to hoping that we add Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi to the unemployment lines in November. Cheers!

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 10:44 PM

How about we just defer to the judgment of 53% of the locals and get behind the Republican nominee? All you ‘experts’ on both sides know more than her future constituents?

This sh!t is starting to look like dKos or something. I can hardly wait till we actually win something to see how you all behave.

2ipa on September 15, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Y’all need to meditate on Obama’s healing message and stop this divisiveness. Doncha know he is healing the planet and fixin up the polar bears and stuff? The key word for today is TOLERANCE! (and Vaseline)

Metanis on September 16, 2010 at 12:10 AM