Quotes of the day

posted at 11:14 pm on September 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

I just finished watching Karl Rove trashing GOP Senate primary winner Christine O’Donnell. It was on Sean Hannity’s FNC show. Might as well have been Olbermann on MSNBC. The establishment Beltway strategist couldn’t even bother with an obligatory word of congratulations for O’Donnell. He criticized her “character” and “rectitude” and claimed she hadn’t answered questions about her financial woes. She did so here. Rove mocked her security concerns as “nutty.” Yet, her concerns have been more than justified. See here.

Rove came across as an effete sore loser instead of the supposedly brilliant and grounded GOP strategists that he’s supposed to be. Expect more Washington Republicans to start sounding like Tea Party-bashing libs as their entrenched incumbent friends go down.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8 9

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM

She won, what the firetruck do you not understand about that. You insult the voters of Delaware and then get your ass on your shoulders. You’ve been around here long enough that I know your not a Democrat but considering how fast you are to play the victim card, excuse the heck out people being confused.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:58 AM

It is stupid…Castle will probably never hold an elected office again. The most shocking to me has been Carl Rove…after O’D was elected, you gotta go with her. The real tsunami begins in November…hang on to you hats.

d1carter on September 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM

If she wins Delaware Ill eat my hat.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Or lick her toes for 5 minutes.

Like Rove.

profitsbeard on September 15, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Purging is fun!

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 1:05 AM

“I’m done with having to bribe state reps and Senators to vote the right way. In fact, you should be sick of this kind of crap too.
portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:59 AM”

Better to see to it that people are elected who write you off as a religious nut, or a racist, or a gun clinger for disagreeing. Face it, it will ALWAYS take work. It will Always take phone calls and money. Folks here are hell bent on making sure that it’s the other side’s work that counts.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I was in IT and had access to payroll records. I assure you the women were paid far less than the men. Furthermore the women bosses I knew worked far harder than their higher paid employees who reported to them. Seldom was a female supervisor paid as much as even one of the men she supervised.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Didn’t you read the latest TIME magazine. Women are now paid better than men.
Supervisors in technical fields often do make less than their employees.

PrezHussein on September 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM

That’s it for me but have you ever seen an election cycle where the loser of the party has not backed the winner? That itself tells me this is a different election.

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Again, any questioning of Saint Christine leads to snide comments about being a Dem supporter. Sheesh. We’ll, have fun when the flake airhead who siphons cash for personal use blows up in your face. And no– this is not an endorsement of Castle or Coons– it’s an argument for conservatives of intelligence and CHARACTER.

[Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM]

Here’s the thing. She won. It’s over. What purpose do you have in questioning her dubious record, now? What is your ultimate goal in doing so. Do you do it to help the R in the race win the general and provide an R Senate? Seriously, what the point?

I’ll ask it the other way. If Castle had won, and others were still spending time denigrating him now that he was the nominee, would you complain to those who were that they were continuing to hurt his chances in November?

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM

The Official 2010 Thread of ButtHurt.

BigWyo on September 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM

My favored candidate for governor in my state did not win. I feel that the winning candidate has some serious ethical problems. And yet I live.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Rove wasn’t hysterical, but he came on too strong and gave Coons some useful material.
Seth Halpern on September 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Yeah. Run with the Karl Rove hates her adds. That will go over well!

Caper29 on September 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM

So which one, Coons or Castle? :)

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 1:03 AM

None. Thank god there are other races. I wouldn’t ve cared if Castle won, but at least he flips Biden’s seat and is an easy +1 for the GOP. Her win has a cascading effect on other even more important races because it makes it that much harder to unseat Boxer and Reid.

Apologetic California on September 15, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Do you admit that a 50 Repub Senate with Castle and a 49 Repub Senate with Coons is basically the exact same thing?

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

No. Castle would give them a fig leave of “Bi-Partisanship”.

I would prefer Coons over Castle any day. I hate Progressives claiming “Bi-Partisanship” when one of their DNC spies dressed up as a RINO votes with them.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:07 AM

So Castle won’t endorse her. Man, the GOP establishment really are a bunch of sore losers.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Would you endorse somebody who spread rumors that you have a gay lover. What do you think his kids will think.

I guess the O’Donnell nuts don’t think that far. She won, so you people can go with her.

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 1:07 AM

And yet I live.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM

But it was touch-and-go for a while there, wasn’t it?

;-)

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Reid is the Majority leader of the Senate. He was never going to be easy to take out regardless who won the GOP primary. Get real! Don’t be idiots. Angle is tied with Reid. Even if she wins it will NOT be more than a 2% margin.

technopeasant on September 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

That’s right. Rove’s unexpected remarks look to me that it’s a cumulative deal. The GOP establishment can’t beat the teaparty right now.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 1:08 AM

I always thought he was a RINO. This just confirms it. But so much for his credentials because he didn’t see this coming. Oh well, the RINOs better get used to the taste of Humble Pie.

But since the NRSC isn’t going to play well after losing, I say we stop playing well with them. I refuse to vote for any RINOs in Illinois. So, Mark Kirk, you just lost a vote. I’ll write in my dog Cleo.

Anastas on September 15, 2010 at 1:08 AM

If somehow O’Donnel does win the senate I will pay her to keep 265.3 stray cats in her congressional office.

Embrace your crazy!

ClassicCon on September 15, 2010 at 1:08 AM

And anyone who calls me a RINO to my face is going to need dentures.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Boxy_Brown: And I don’t like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I’ll kill you. Also, I don’t like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I’ll kill you.

jaime on September 15, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Here is O’Donnell by the way in Bill Maher’s show. She was asked if she would lie to hide Anne Frank from the Nazis, guess what she said?

Apologetic California on September 15, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Apologetic California on September 15, 2010 at 1:07 AM

No he is a Democrat. He just spies on the GOP and gives us grief. We are so much better without this S O B.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Rasmussen has Angle tied with Reid at 48%-48%.
technopeasant

Except Lowden was consistently beating Reid in the polls. Sometimes as high as double digits.

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:09 AM

The Official 2010 Thread of ButtHurt.

BigWyo on September 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 1:07 AM

sorry false story. By the way Castle was sooooo fair minded in his “commercials.”

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 1:10 AM

The servers are holding up tonight! A good test run for Nov. 2.

conservative pilgrim on September 15, 2010 at 1:10 AM

We are talking politicians, they are scum so why in the fck do some of you elevate them and their office to some chaste occupation.

It is you voters like you, the GOP bi tches that will grovel at anything they have out there as long as those bags of douche stay in power. You voters are the ones that have prevented any sort of meaningful change. You are the TARP version of voters.

Seeing the GOP establishment and their zealot followers pi ss in their dockers makes me cackle with joy.

HEY CASTLE? HOW DOES MY ASS TASTE?

slowly losing is not winning.

ClassicCon on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

A+++ rant! I second.

disa on September 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Politics is a dirty deal. Yeah, I think that’s pretty tacky of him. Maybe that’s really a part of why Delaware voters didn’t buy his accusations, obviously.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Of course until she would have been the nominee. Get real.

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Amazing how you GOP bi tches still don’t see it.

And the prospect of winning the Senate is a laughable point. Are you Castle supporters that mindless that you simply look at the number of R’s, I’s, and D’s in the senate and if the R’s are in the majority you just roll over and go back to sleep?

ClassicCon on September 15, 2010 at 12:59 AM

You’re pretty ignorant. Of course you’re an O’Donnell suporter, so it figures. Check out sometime how much power Committee Chairman have. The majority gets to name the Committee Chairmen, remember?

Dreadnought on September 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM

I’m not upset about the “RINO!” label because my widdle feelings are hurt, I’m just shocked at the tunnel vision. I’m saying, wake up– let’s not excuse bad apples (in terms of character, not ideology) just because they’re “on our side”– anymore than we should excuse Castle’s lib record because of the R by his name. O’D’s a huge liability– not ideologically, personally– and everyone putting cotton balls in their ears on this fact is going down a slippery slope… and throwing tomatoes at allies (like me and Rove) for saying so is not a good strategy, either.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM

You betcha!” an ebullient O’Donnell told cheering supporters, using a Palin catch phrase. “There’s another woman I’ve gotta thank, you betcha!

When the cheering crowd subsided, O’Donnell continued: “Thank you governor Palin for your endorsement. Because she got behind us war-weary folks, and gave us a boost of encouragement when we needed it.

“And she was a vote against the politics of personal destruction,” O’Donnell told the enthusiastic throng.

On Sept. 9 a Palin post on her Facebook page drew national attention to O’Donnell’s campaign, stating: “A wave of positive change can really sweep across our land with the election of constitutional conservatives who promise to use common sense, and rein in the federal government spending. Please support Christine O’Donnell of Delaware.”

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM

If Coons wins and we end up with 49 Repubs in the Senate, will you admit all the sanctimony about O’Donnell “costing us the Senate” was stupid?

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Only if you can point out where I wrote “costing us the Senate”. Rasmussen has Coons at +11 and you need 50 to control the Senate.
The point was that there was another opportunity blown…

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:12 AM

to paraphrase an most excellent movie…

“Rove you magnificent bastard…WE READ YOUR BOOK!”

Fighton03 on September 15, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Apologetic California on September 15, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Oh the Horrors.

Someone that trust in GOD.

Boy better not let them near Politics.

Go to the DNC they love Atheist and Muslim Terrorist.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:14 AM

chritine’s acceptence speech:

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 1:14 AM

d1carter on September 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM

It may ultimately help her, this has been poorly played by the established members of the party. People don’t like being told they are stupid for disagreeing.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Oh, before I go to bed I’ll leave you with this oft quoted refrain. Palin has no influence whatsoever.”

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 1:14 AM

The servers are holding up tonight! A good test run for Nov. 2.

conservative pilgrim on September 15, 2010 at 1:10 AM

LOL!..:)

Dire Straits on September 15, 2010 at 1:14 AM

Dreadnought on September 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Before tonight’s primary, the Sabato Crystal Ball was Repubs +8-9. Let’s go the higher number. Explain to me the operative differences between these two Senates:

A. 50 Dems + Indy/50 Republicans, one of them Mike Castle

B. 49 Republicans/51 Dems + Indy, one of them Chris Coons

Honestly, what’s the difference there?

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 1:15 AM

chritine’s acceptence speech:

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 1:14 AM
also here http://theothermccain.com/

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 1:15 AM

By they way.

She should have related how God told Abraham to lie that his wife was not such to save her life.

Yes God is OK with lying to save a life but only for that reason far as I know.

Had she trusted in God God would have provided a way.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Apologetic California on September 15, 2010 at 1:09 AM

Oh the Horrors.

Someone that trust in GOD.

Boy better not let them near Politics.

Go to the DNC they love Atheist and Muslim Terrorist.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:14 AM

For those who haven’t heard, God rocks! More of God, please!

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 1:16 AM

you need 50 to control the Senate.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:12 AM

You need 51, unless you’re hoping Biden jumps ship….

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:16 AM

The NRSC has made a huge mistake with their announcement. Anyone who cares about November and about the future of our Republic will think twice before sending these dinosaurs any more money. I believe they will reap the whirlwind because of this childish and counterproductive behavior.

Regardless of how one feels about O’Donnell, it would seem that the NRSC is more concerned with cronyism than in defeating the people who are ruining this country with their hard left agenda.

Rove is a disappointment as well.

hillbillyjim on September 15, 2010 at 1:16 AM

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:07 AM

He made a very very smart selection for Lt. Governor which will allow me to vote for the ticket. But I was not a happy camper.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 1:16 AM

jaime….You just made the list, buddy.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Dreadnought on September 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM

I’m surprised you could take the GOP out of your mouth long enough to type that. You think my blasting of Castle gimp’s means I am automatically an O’Donnell supporter.

In the grand scheme of what is going to happen to this country, your political version of dungeons & dragons means dog sh it. You can stroke yourself over electing a level 88 Committee Chairman wizard but it is going to do nothing to change anything. Didn’t mean sh it in 94, and it won’t mean sh it now.

Again…

Slowly losing is not winning.

ClassicCon on September 15, 2010 at 1:17 AM

We all realize O’Donnell is a clusterfark, but for God’s sake, look at the Democrats we’re replacing.

John the Libertarian on September 15, 2010 at 1:17 AM

Rove is a fool. He had my support for years but today put it at risk when he attacked a Republican. Why would he “make” a campaign commercial for Dems tonight by bitterly attacking the woman who just won the primary? He’s nuts. I’ll never give money to an organization associated with him.

BillCarson on September 15, 2010 at 1:18 AM

The majority gets to name the Committee Chairmen, remember?

Dreadnought on September 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM

And how do you know that Castle would have not jumped ships just like other RINO’s in this position did?

I mean really.

Do you honestly believe he would have not gone DNC for a Chairmanship or even seat on a few committees?

I have 0 doubt he would have. After all he is so Arrogant he would be certain he could win on the DNC ticket in two years against O’Donnell.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:19 AM

rubio is Jeb bush’s man. he is to Jeb what scott brown is to Mitt.

crist was the Dc pick. Jeb wanted to go a different way. crist was a McCain buddy. Not alot of love between mcCain and bush. there are different wings within the RINO’s just like there are different wings within the conservatives…the demint faction and Palin faction come to mind

unseen on September 15, 2010

Yes that’s all true. I wouldn’t call JEB a RINO though but he is establishment and unfortunately is a Bush. I mean to say that the Washington establishment, NRSC, etc. failed miserably with the Crist thing.

JonPrichard on September 15, 2010 at 1:19 AM

sandee

No, real story. I mean yeah the company O’Donnell hired only made the video ad of the “rumor”. But yeah O’donnell had nothing to do with that. I mean her constant gay baiting never happened either right? Nothing about “bake-offs” or “man pants” right?

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:17 AM

God, do you know how juvenile you sound?

Someone should save this in an e-scrapbook for you, and show it to you on your 21st birthday.

You’ll be so embarrassed.

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM

She really beat him soundly. I think everyone who thinks she’s unelectable is sort of ignoring that.

I mean, it wasn’t even a squeaker, that’s just how little people cared about all these so-called big issues of hers.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM

You need 51, unless you’re hoping Biden jumps ship….

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Correct, but to assign committee chairs you need 50. The democrats can’t set the agenda without 51.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Slowly losing is not winning.

ClassicCon on September 15, 2010 at 1:17 A

A very weary, for me, word for the night. God bless you all.

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM

[Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:09 AM]

WAS! That’s the word that matters. It’s past tense because Lowden lost and, now, what she was doing or would be doing if she was nominee is irrelevant because she isn’t.

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM

BillCarson on September 15, 2010 at 1:18 AM

Interesting isn’t it Rove goes progressive when he goes on TV as a commentator. Morris goes the other way.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:21 AM

God, do you know how juvenile you sound?

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM

Someone never saw Stripes.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Rove is paid to offer political analysis not shill for GOP candidates. So maybe he was a bit harsh but Christine O’Donnell ain’t heard nothing yet.

Bennett on September 15, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Well said.

Captain Kirock on September 15, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Oh well, Carl gets to be wrong. He just called this one wrong.

People are less interested in the “perfect” candidate from a pristine background than they are in trusting someone to not vote for the Dem agenda.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 1:22 AM

I just hope everyone holds the same amount of contempt for the Donks in November that we have seen for the “Establishment Republicans”..:)

Dire Straits on September 15, 2010 at 1:22 AM

JonPrichard on September 15, 2010 at 1:19 AM

I agree. they are batting subpar.

Perry and hutchinson was another failure on their part

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Ayotte up by 38.4 to 37.3 (1200 votes) with 79.7 precincts reporting.

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Oh come on. Let’s remember Kos and Ned Lamont and get a grip here people.

MayBee on September 15, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Someone mentioned this on another thread, I’m sorry but I don’t remember that person’s name. But the poster said that having liberal Republicans in the Senate who vote with the Democrats give them the cover to say that what they (D’s) pass has bipartisan support. So there is an argument to be made for less senators who are conservative rather than more senators which includes those who vote with the democrats.

Rose on September 15, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 1:11 AM

We just disagree with you and Mr. Rove this time, no tomatoes. We will be back on the same page somewhere soon. I have to admit that except for Marco Rubio, there is no one that I am excited about. Lots of people that I can tolerate and like okay but no one exciting. One question, no snark, do you think the voters of Delaware were unaware of the things you are concerned about? If not then either they accepted her explanations or for some reason after decades they decided Rep. Castle no longer filled the bill.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 1:23 AM

The point was that there was another opportunity blown…

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Actually, we’d need 51.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Someone never saw Stripes.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Blew right by me.

First sign of Alzheimers….

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Ayotte up by 38.4 to 37.3 (1200 votes) with 79.7 precincts reporting.

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 1:23 AM

That’s news worth hitting the sack on. I’ve let this day get a little longer than it should have been.

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Dusty

Yes the story now is how Reid has staged a 15 point turn around in the polls against a republican opponent. People who say Angle is tied with Reid like its a friggin accomplishment scare me. The man hasnt had an approval rating above 43 in 2 friggin years and he is TIED (at best) with his opponent. Thats not an accomplishment, thats a failure. 2 seats that should have been slam dunk pickups for the GOP now rest in the hands of someone who cant campaign (angle) and someone who thinks masturbation is a sin (o’donnell).

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Ayotte up by 38.4 to 37.3 (1200 votes) with 79.7 precincts reporting.

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Gonna be a close one..:)

Dire Straits on September 15, 2010 at 1:26 AM

[pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 1:25 AM]

Me, too. Nite, all.

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 1:27 AM

They were clearly aware. They just don’t care about that junky stuff at this point.

Good gravy, we’ve got cabinet members who ignored tax audits. Why quibble with a newcomer over her mortgage or her student loans? It’s too stupid right now.

I think what shocked everyone was what Rove said, “He was beloved.” No, Carl, apparently not.

There’s some hard reality checks coming for a lot of people. Crist is sort of hard to watch for me. He really didn’t get it. He really didn’t understand, he lost.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Ok supporters Get ODonnell elected. Don’t feel like you need to take out other good Republicans to do it. Restraint.

MayBee on September 15, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Actually, we’d need 51.
Good Solid B-Plus

Actually no. You could only need 49 which Sabato now has as the max republicans can get in the senate. If republicans got 49 without the freaks then you put in play Nelson and Lieberman for the flip or caucus.

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Actually, we’d need 51.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 1:24 AM

So what are all the “lets shoot ourselves in the foot to show how pure we are” folks going to do to see to it that O’Donnell us elected? Going to send a big check and make phone calls? Go to Delaware and go door to door?

Or listen for Palins tweets and complain that the media is against you?

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Karl is a moron on this one.

Now sure, maybe O’Donnell has some baggage. Apparently her “personal finances” were in dissaray. I take it to mean that she, like everybody else, paid her taxes like a sucker instead of being a good democrat and blaming TurboTax.

Is she a tax cheat like Tim Geithner and CHarlie Rangel? Does she persistently get away with violating the laws she passes down for we plebians?

Yeah, I didn’t think so. There is a massive pile of scum sitting in Washington and anyone is better than those dregs. Anyone. Rally behind them. If they’re really that bad, they’ll get the sting of the voters again later.

In the meantime we have to rally behind them and send the rats packing.

BKennedy on September 15, 2010 at 1:29 AM

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM

I think he meant it as a joke. It was a quote from a movie that I had quoted from to him earlier. I guess it’s kind of complicated if you weren’t following along. Anyway, no harm done…

jaime on September 15, 2010 at 1:30 AM

someone who thinks masturbation is a sin (o’donnell).

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:26 A

Ever heard of no religious test for office. You think the scary social conservatives are gonna take away your favorite activity?

PrezHussein on September 15, 2010 at 1:31 AM

MayBee on September 15, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Good Republicans like Castle? Or the NRSC? Or Rove?

They are willing to torpedo a fellow Republican to preserve their turn at the trough. Sarah and the Tea Party threaten their meal ticket and they are scared.

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Palin had a good night. O’Donnell, duffy, grimm, possibly Ayotte(up by 1% with 75% in ) she lost murphy in MD.

So maybe 4-1 or 3-2 picks. the midas touch continues a pace

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 1:31 AM

I’m amazed at all the clairvoyants on this thread. Amazing how many people know what will happen seven weeks from now, and know with dead certainty.

SilentWatcher on September 15, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Oh come on dude. Ben Nelson and Joe Lieberman are going to caucus with the Republicans to make us the majority party?

That’s way more of a fantasy than O’Donnell beating Coons.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 1:31 AM

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:26 AM

Hello.

Pay attention.

Polls this early are near worthless.

Every single election cycle the same. The unknown does very poorly in the polls till close to the election. Then they sink or swim.

Part of this is these polling companies play politics trying to get their guy elected until close to the election when they lose all credibility if they are way off.

Yes that she is tied is very big news. Every single person in Nevada knows Reid. Very few know Angle yet she is tied. And Reid has spent a fortune bashing her she little defending herself.

Come the Election Reid will lose in a landslide unless Angle does something very stupid.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Upset over the Upset in Delaware

September 14, 2010 11:38 P.M. By Kevin D. Williamson
About Christine O’Donnell: No strong opinion about the candidate, though I understand the reservations about her. I do not much weep for RINOs and rather enjoy the sight of them going down in flames.

What this really should communicate, I think, is that the Right needs a lot more Club for Growth–style candidate-recruiting efforts. If conservatives do not like O’Donnell, then they should be out identifying better candidates to run against vulnerable RINOs — because somebody is going to run. These incumbent takedowns are going to inspire a lot of new people to get into electoral politics, many of them without the sort of experience or backgrounds that Establishment types are comfortable with. Power, like nature, abhors a vacuum.

Should be the Quote of the Day, except it was posted too late. From NRO’s The Corner.

I’d say, “Read the rest,” but I gypped the whole thing.

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 1:06 AM

If someone is running for high office as a conservative, and doesn’t walk the walk and talk the talk, I want to know. If they’re a politician passing themselves off as conservative, while behind the scenes they’re sue-happy and living off of political contributions, I want them scuttled. We don’t need dishonest weasels offering themselves up as examples of our movement.

MadisonConservative on September 15, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Well, thanks, I appreciate the civility and respect.

I think the conservative wing of the GOP was so jazzed this year (look at the turnout), and their (rightful) desire to send a message to the establishment, in this case, was so strong that it sacrificed character and quality for “purity” (I don’t like that word, but the best I can think of at 1:30 am) in this DE race.

But, those were the GOP primary voters in a blue state. When it gets to the general, I think it will be quite a different story. I could be very, very wrong. But O’D’s skeletons and… well, just how very vapid she is… is going to make it difficult to put her over the hump.

Like I said, this one was lose-lose. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I lived in DE, but if we’re gonna get rid of the RINOs, we have GOT to do it with better candidates– and we’ve got to be honest about who our bad apples (on the “conservative” side) are. She’s just so vapid and unethical (again, personally, not ideologically), that it embarrasses me she’s the one we have be on record rallying around… but what’s done is done, I suppose.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Anastas on September 15, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Put your eye on the ball! You’re going to cut off your nose in spite of your face? Yes, let’s be petty and vote for our pets and ignore the real enemy – the Democratic agenda.

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:28 AM

Let me get this straight. Castle, the REPUBLICAN, was bad news and supporting him could’ve destroyed this nation (according to some commentors on here), but now two DEMOCRATS are the key to our success in defeating Obama?

?!?!?!?!

MikeknaJ on September 15, 2010 at 1:37 AM

jaime on September 15, 2010 at 1:30 AM

Yeah, I missed that one entirely.

(Never mind.)

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Well, Sarah hit a home run, and the boyz are fussy. *hehe

Nite.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 1:37 AM

Oh…and it’s rather striking that the link MM provides to claim that O’Donnell has addressed her financial woes…leads to a dead page on O’Donnell’s website. Hmmmm.

MadisonConservative on September 15, 2010 at 1:38 AM

So maybe if the Republicans hate her, the Democrats can vote her into office? Aren’t the Castle supporters doing exactly what we did last time? This guy will vote with the Democrats at all the wrong times. Sometimes, you have to stick to your principles and usually this only really matters when sticking to your principles is hard.

gordo on September 15, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Can you hear us now DC?

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin rallied thousands at Baylor University Tuesday night.

Palin was the keynote speaker at the Care Net pro-life banquet.

Her speech started and ended with a standing ovation, and she stopped for applause many times in between.

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 1:37 AM

THAT is the lesson for next time. Defeat the Castles with more Rubios and less O’Donnells.

MikeknaJ on September 15, 2010 at 1:38 AM

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:32 AM

And I agree with you.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 1:38 AM

It’s hard enough taking on the democratic party without getting knifed in the back by a bunch of clowns who thing that shooting themselves in the foot is a virtue.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:38 AM

You need 51, unless you’re hoping Biden jumps ship….

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:16 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:20 AM

It depends on what you want to do. With 41 reliable votes, you can stop almost anything. The Democrats will have 41 reliable votes. Period.

applebutter on September 15, 2010 at 1:38 AM

MikeknaJ on September 15, 2010 at 1:38 AM

THANK YOU! :)

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 1:39 AM

[Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:26 AM]

I know. I didn’t follow the whole NV primary thing or the run up. Something happened, and I don’t remember what it was but Angle pulled it out and I am … now 99% greatly impressed with Angle vs having been 100% hugely with Lowden but I’m not in NV and they elect them. I gotta go with what is handed me and it’s a bummer I have to live vicariously through other states’ Senators because Satan has cursed us here in NY.

But Reid would have pulled back no matter what. Seriously. Don’t blame it all on Angle. Reid hasn’t been Senator for this long because he is totally incompetent at politicking.

—–

Gonna be a close one..:)

[Dire Straits on September 15, 2010 at 1:26 AM]

I hoping beyond hope it works out on this one, too.

Now I really am going to hit the sack.

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 1:39 AM