Quotes of the day

posted at 11:14 pm on September 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

I just finished watching Karl Rove trashing GOP Senate primary winner Christine O’Donnell. It was on Sean Hannity’s FNC show. Might as well have been Olbermann on MSNBC. The establishment Beltway strategist couldn’t even bother with an obligatory word of congratulations for O’Donnell. He criticized her “character” and “rectitude” and claimed she hadn’t answered questions about her financial woes. She did so here. Rove mocked her security concerns as “nutty.” Yet, her concerns have been more than justified. See here.

Rove came across as an effete sore loser instead of the supposedly brilliant and grounded GOP strategists that he’s supposed to be. Expect more Washington Republicans to start sounding like Tea Party-bashing libs as their entrenched incumbent friends go down.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 9

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Don’t love Castle. Glad he’s out. Sad the person slated to replace him is an unethical airhead (who, if she was a Dem, we’d slam)– and that this fact is only met with “Lalalalalal! Can’t hear you!” on this blog.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Living off campaign donations– now totally cool!

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Only supporting Millionaires – now a proven Lie.

portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Maybe it’s going to stay a see-saw, but Ayotte just went ahead by 300 with 53.5% of precincts reporting.

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Okay, you’re going to go with the Democrat talking points. This argument is going to go nowhere tonight. I think it is best to sleep on it and re group tomorrow. That is if you are a Republican, or a Conservative. Reading what you have written, I’m not so sure.

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 12:38 AM

First you are wrong.
Secondly she committed real Fraud and that was proven in court.
You have 0 credibility with this argument. None what so ever. Are you so stupid that you think you can run for office for free? Really. If so join the DNC I hear they love freeloaders.
But I am telling you here and now the free ride is over.
Steveangell

So a person who cannot cover her personal finances while running a campaign is a good choice to put in washington to stop someone who runs up the country’s debt while campaigning?

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:38 AM

tetriskid on September 15, 2010 at 12:36 AM

Brilliant defense of O’Donnell’s record of lying and living off campaign contributions. You’re a real Perry Mason.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:39 AM

O’Donnell is not qualified to run anything.

[Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:22 AM]

Right.

So says the Peon who has never been a commentator on multiple TV news networks. Never been a political consultant and got paid for it.

Excuse me only the uninformed would make such a stupid statement. Well a stinking RINO would as well they are all progressives following Rules for Radicals.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Absolutely. If she licks her own toes for 5 minutes before she goes to bed who cares.

Luka on September 15, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Doesn’t everyone?

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 12:23 AM

If she wins, Rove should lick her toes for 5 minutes.

profitsbeard on September 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM

They are claiming that Ayotte would finish stronger because her stronger base area would be turning in later.

I hope she can pull this out.

portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:40 AM

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 12:38 AM

My point exactly. We can’t bring up all of O’Donnell’s dubious behavior without having your allegience questioned. Sheesh.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:40 AM

OK, I finally to watch the great interview with Rove. Gotta give Hannity credit.

He stood firm.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Far better choice than some one who is bought and paid for by Special Interest.

YES 100% YES.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Delaware just went over to “Likely dem” in the real clear politics map and had we nominated Sue Louden in Nevada Harry Reid wouldn’t be ahead in the polls.
I’m not giving another cent to anything affiliated with the “tea parties” again, they are just serving to help elect socialists. And anyone who calls me a RINO to my face is going to need dentures.

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Zeez half of Obama’s lackeys didn’t pay their taxes. They should get passes? Get a new talking point. I’m sure the White House has come up with one by now.

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM

I don’t take your view of the tea parties, but I feel you on the “You’re a RINO!” label, bub. Tough crowd.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:42 AM

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Does it matter what anyone on this blog says? I can’t vote for anyone in Delaware. I just think the arguments should have been on the issues and Rep. Castle had some serious problems on the issues. If you think there is information about Ms. O’Donnell that the voters of Delaware are unaware of, donate money and info to Mr. Coons to make sure it gets out there.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Rove should have kept his opinions to himself in this case. He basically did a free campaign ad for O’Donnell’s opponent. Even if she loses, it might be worth it in the long run to get rid of Castle.

echosyst on September 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:38 AM

I literally thank GOD at least some have a chance to gain office that are honest.

Castle owe allegiance only to the Big Money that pays him. He held not one town hall. He made fun of us voters every chance he got.

Man or Man do we need more O’Donnell’s.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Aw. O’Donnell won. Boo friggin hoo.

Coronagold on September 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM

B.s. All we would’ve been hearing now is how she wants to barter chickens for health care.

ddrintn on September 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM

O’Donnell’s record of lying and living off campaign contributions.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:39 AM

I gave O’Donnell $50 dollars tonight. I hope she goes to the super market and spends it on lunchmeat, bread, mayo,cheese,chips and soda.

She is going to need food to feed herself and family during the next 50 days of campaigning.

portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:44 AM

Zeez half of Obama’s lackeys didn’t pay their taxes.

But they’re Democrats, they don’t have to live by the rules. Republicans? We believe in values so we have to try and live by them. And we usually expect our candidates to do the same thing. Being a Democrat is a lot easier.

Bennett on September 15, 2010 at 12:44 AM

sandee

And there we have it. The Tea Party Express people supporting O’Donnell dont really give a damn about conservative principles. If they did they would realize the abhorrent lithmus test they apply to candidates is so far from conservative principles to be laughable. Because going by their test government should be in every aspect of your life.
These people bitch about establishment and elitism. So what do they do? Form their own establishment and make you toe their line 100% of the time or you’re no good to them. The definition of that is elitism.

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:44 AM

All this shrieking though from the Establishment. It must be in pain.

ddrintn on September 15, 2010 at 12:44 AM

I’m glad I saw this, so I can avoid wasting my money paying for his stupid f*cking book. Mark Levin said it right: ‘Washington DC is scared to death of us’. Voters that actually start standing up and acting like Americans used to, when we really had citizen politicians and real patriots in Washington are the things that both the democrats and the leftist Republicans fear most. Rove, apparently, is no better than the rest of the craven, cowardly, mealy-mouthed, back-stabbing, power-hungry quislings that think they represent us in Congress. F*ck him, too. Bald-headed tallywhacker.

Virus-X on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

And anyone who calls me a RINO to my face is going to need dentures.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Gotta love internet tough guys.

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

September 14, 2010 – Blumenthal Up Just 6 Points In Connecticut Senate Race, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; Much McMahon Support Is Anti-Blumenthal

Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal, the Democrat, leads Republican former wrestling executive Linda McMahon 51 – 45 percent among likely voters in the U.S. Senate race, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today.

Folks if Conn is in play everything is in play.

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

These people were qualified for the office. O’Donnell is not qualified to run anything. She is a nut. That’s why reasonable people are against her. I don’t care what she says. She is a proven liar, and if you guys don’t get it, then, go with her.

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Ahaha…oh that is rich. A Castle fluffer whining about lying. This from a piece of sh it that rides on the coattails of a party then stabs them in the back at every opportunity.

Sure O’Donnel is a loon. So fckn what? As if the left doesn’t have any freaks voting on policy. As long as she is a rubber stamp for a conservative agenda she can show up to vote as Napoleon.

We are talking politicians, they are scum so why in the fck do some of you elevate them and their office to some chaste occupation.

It is you voters like you, the GOP bi tches that will grovel at anything they have out there as long as those bags of douche stay in power. You voters are the ones that have prevented any sort of meaningful change. You are the TARP version of voters.

Seeing the GOP establishment and their zealot followers pi ss in their dockers makes me cackle with joy.

HEY CASTLE? HOW DOES MY ASS TASTE?

slowly losing is not winning.

ClassicCon on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Good riddens.

We do not want your money with all it’s strings.

Go to the DNC they are who you want.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

To the architect:

The Dem operative couldn’t have done a better job trashing Christine O’Donnell. Congratulations for being so stupid.

technopeasant on September 15, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM

BY the way he is not ahead in the polls. He’s tied. Trust me on this. No matter who won the Republican nod the media and the Democrats would have come up with some sort of hit piece,

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 12:46 AM

And, this primary upset night does put even the GOP incumbents on notice. They are no more loved than the Dems right now. AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 12:23 AM

And if they’re no more loved than Dems, it’s because they’ve earned it. Far too many members of both parties think that they were really elected to the office of Secret Santa and all that’s expected of them is to “give things” to their voters. However, more and more voters are realizing at last that when they’re given things, all too often there is a corresponding and hidden taking of something else from them. Nothing pisses me off more than when I hear a politician, any politician, tell me that he or she is going to give me something or that it won’t cost us one thin dime.

ya2daup on September 15, 2010 at 12:46 AM

And anyone who calls me a RINO to my face is going to need dentures.

Lighten up Francis

Guardian on September 15, 2010 at 12:46 AM

I haven’t seen a single race where the accusation isn’t over campaign finances and abuse.

It’s just not all that potent.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 12:46 AM

I still support him, and I don’t recognize the nut that won. The NRSC agrees, cus they, unlike O’Donnell nuts, have principles.

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Good to see that the staunchest Romney supporter on HotAir (You) are also the staunchest defender of the despicable Republican Establishment.

Good luck to you & Romney in the upcoming POTUS primary battle. You will need it.

Norwegian on September 15, 2010 at 12:47 AM

ROFL
The RINOS are running like scalded dogs. They are upset, angry and afraid.

This is as it should be…

shorebird on September 15, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Man or Man do we need more O’Donnell’s.
Steveangell

How the hell is O’donnell honest? How the hell does lying to your employer equate to honesty?

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM

It’s a tough call. The general population won’t hear about conservative ideas unless persuasive conservatives run in the general election. Getting all pissy about not taking the Senate this year is a waste. It was always a long shot at best.

Why are people upset about someone using campaign funds for living expenses? When did this country decide to restrict itself to millionaire senators?

pedestrian on September 15, 2010 at 12:48 AM

portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:44 AM

I gav eher $35 hope she catches a movie to relax after her hard fought victory.

the double standard is amazing her. all politicans use their campaign funds this way. But for some reason she is evil. It’s called campaign funds. you think Mitt rented that place in Ca with his money or his Pac money?

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 12:48 AM

slowly losing is not winning.

ClassicCon on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

This is perfect.

John the Libertarian on September 15, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Oh and, the blue blood RINOS? Heh. Eat pasta, buds.

Coronagold on September 15, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Good riddens.[sic]

We do not want your money with all it’s strings.

Go to the DNC they are who you want.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

Moron. Self serving, sanctimonious, chest thumping moron. I watched idiots like you whine and complain our way into an Obama presidency during the last election cycle and now you are going to wine and complain until there isn’t anything left to rebuild. Go sodomize some other country. Some of us care about the USA.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Hannity did a very good job. The more Rove talked, the more arrogant and condescending he became.

mobydutch on September 15, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM

I disagree. I think where she’ll have a harder time in Delaware in on her policies.

This is a blue state, folks. The reason he wasn’t pro-life was to get elected there, for example.

They may not quite be ready for a social conservative.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 12:50 AM

The realization is only now beginning to sink in with the Establishment. You can’t have our power to lord over us anymore…we’re taking it back.

Guardian on September 15, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Hey, Chumly, you never supported him or any Republican/Conservative.I’ve read some of your remarks, and you’re no Republican. Go back to daily Kos where you belong. Boy, do I feel better.

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Bubeye Karl. You were the architect of the Dem’s one-party rule of America. Now you can watch from the bleachers while we fix it.

Dr. Krauthhammer, you’re a smart man. You’ll figure it out. Soon, I hope.

RINOgeddon. I love it.

HelenW on September 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM

pedestrian on September 15, 2010 at 12:48 AM

It just got longer.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM

And anyone who calls me a RINO to my face is going to need dentures.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM
Gotta love internet tough guys.

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

+1!

profitsbeard on September 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM

We’ll see just how mad Delaware really is. If they go the way of MA, NJ, ETC., she has a shot.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM

sandee

Doesn’t that tell you something. In what should have been a slam dunk pickup and utter moral crusher for the dems, he’s tied.
Lets say Obama favorability goes no lower then 41% by 2012. If the republican challenger ties him, does that not scream “problem”?
WIth O’donnell you have something like a 20 point swing between Cable v coons and O’donnell v coons. Sure Castle didn’t have high favorability, yet he unfavorable rating was half of O’donnell’s. How does the siren not go off?

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Gender Discrimination lawsuit for a demotion makes O’Donnell look real bad.

PrezHussein on September 15, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Folks if Conn is in play everything is in play.

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

These polls are meaningless. I mean really.

Candidate 1 is well known.

Candidate 2 is not at all known but close.

Guess what my bet is on Candidate 2.

The sleeping GIANT has only begun to awaken.

But I assure he is awakening.

He hate Bush and RINOS thought DNC lies were truths. Just two short years ago. Booted those RINOS from office.

But man oh man was he wrong. Those Commie DNCrs lied through their teeth. They said Comrad Obama the Muslim was not communist or muslim. We now know him to be both. He is selling America down the drain faster than a lead boat sinks.

This sleeping Giant is starting to Awake and will soon discover that Nightmare was very very real. He will not be happy one bit.

You do not want to get in his way I assure you.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Some of us care about the USA.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Hahah…yet you are too stupid to see that your blind support with any piece of sh it with an R next to it has gotten us where we are today. You know the taste of the GOP from both ends. They didn’t sodomize the country, they sodomized your beloved docker wearing, GOP establishment.

Time to rip the fcking band-aid off and quit being a little bi tch about it.

ClassicCon on September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Living off campaign donations– now totally cool!

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:35 AM

Oh, please. Go through the list of R’s and see how many have relatives on the payroll. If you open a campaign office in commerical space it would cost the campaign, what 3k to 4k a month? Did she have the money to do that and have anything left over?

Running a business, or a campaign out of the home is legitimate and frugal, something that no one who wants to see other people’s money spent wisely should complain about. Unless it was extravagant, that she used it to pay for thing’s the would have to pay for anyway shouldn’t be denigrated, just because it was her instead of a commercial property landlord.

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM

their picks except for Rubio are all failing

Mmm…Rubio was the outsider, their pick was Crist. So epic fail there too!

JonPrichard on September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Again, any questioning of Saint Christine leads to snide comments about being a Dem supporter. Sheesh. We’ll, have fun when the flake airhead who siphons cash for personal use blows up in your face. And no– this is not an endorsement of Castle or Coons– it’s an argument for conservatives of intelligence and CHARACTER.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM

AnninCA

Scott Brown wouldnt get Tea Party support. Christie wouldn’t either once they looked at his lack of forcing his pro-life position down peoples throats, enforcing NJ’s gun laws, or immigration. These were all thing the O’donnell people complained about Castle.

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:54 AM

And anyone who calls me a RINO to my face is going to need dentures.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM
Gotta love internet tough guys.

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

+1!

profitsbeard on September 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM

And got to love those who are willing to put their pretentious displays of purity ahead of What’s good for the country. Better to have these self serving demonstrations instead of a fighting chance to stop Obama. Better to shoot yourself in the foot to show how righteous you are. Idiot.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM

We should probably go with Crist in Florida too, right? Safety first!

By the way, a while ago you were really riding that Levin bandwagon when Levin was bashing Beck all the time. Guess you’re off the Levin train now that he’s in O’Donnell’s corner?

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:54 AM

mobydutch on September 15, 2010 at 12:49 AM

I missed this segment; but just watched video posted above.

Agree 100% with Malkin, Rove’s behavior was pathetic.

Rove has officially jumped the shark. He might still appear on FOX now and then, but he will never be more than a joke to most of the viewership.

Norwegian on September 15, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Man the establishment are doubling down on stupid now:

In the statement, Murkowski said she would not run as a Libertarian candidate, which means that if she does run it will be as a write-in candidate. In explaining her decision, Murkowski had some harsh words for the Tea Party Express, which backed Miller.

“…After meeting with the Libertarian candidate last week and considering that option, I cannot in good conscience seek the Libertarian nomination,” she said. “As disappointed as I am in the outcome of the Primary and my belief that the Alaska Republican Party was hijacked by the Tea Party Express, an outside extremist group, I am not going to quit my party. I will not wrap myself in the flag of another political party for the sake of election at any cost.”

The libertrians told her to get bent.

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 12:54 AM

A Rep. Mike Castle (R-Del.) campaign source confirmed to The Hill late Tuesday that the longtime congressman will not be endorsing Christine O’Donnell…

Real rino loyalty and class.

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 12:55 AM

it’s an argument for conservatives of intelligence and CHARACTER.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Point out to me who was running in DE that fit that label?

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Castle’s campaign will not endorse O’D…

d1carter on September 15, 2010 at 12:55 AM

I’m exhausted. It’s no use to try and make my points tonight. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail tomorrow. In the meantime I hope some of our more “disappointed” friends will remember Reagan’s rule. “Never attack a fellow Republican.”

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Could be but the person I was commenting to seems to think that the people of Delaware are unaware of what he considers to be Ms. O’Donnell’s disqualifying temperament and financial struggles. I was just suggesting that he makes sure her opponent has the information and the funds to get it out to the unwitting people of Delaware who just voted for her in their primary. I’m a little tired of people that think voters are too stupid to know what’s good for them.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Castle has lived off the taxpayer for 45 years dumbass!

Read his voting record.

I know that actual votes don’t matter to people like you.

All you care about is party not principles or actual votes.

You would probably vote for Obama or Chairman Mao if they had an (R) next to their name.

tetriskid on September 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM

The Stupid Party (TM) declares war on its own base weeks from the general election.

We have long memories. Since Cornyn is the face of the NRSC and my own senator, I eagerly anticipate 2014.

obladioblada on September 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM

It just got longer.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM

So when we take 49 seats in November, you’ll admit all your hand-wringing was stupid?

Oh, of course not. You’ll find someway to blame the “true conservatives,” I’m sure.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Gender Discrimination lawsuit for a demotion makes O’Donnell look real bad.

PrezHussein on September 15, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Hey.

You are so very very wrong.

Very few women have not suffered gender discrimination.

I know I searched my former employers data base as I was in IT and had access to payroll records. I assure you the women were paid far less than the men. Furthermore the women bosses I knew worked far harder than their higher paid employees who reported to them. Seldom was a female supervisor paid as much as even one of the men she supervised.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:57 AM

I hope she can pull this out.

[portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:40 AM]

Me, too. My coffee would taste extra sweet in the morning.

Dusty on September 15, 2010 at 12:57 AM

Mmm…Rubio was the outsider, their pick was Crist. So epic fail there too!

JonPrichard on September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM

rubio is Jeb bush’s man. he is to Jeb what scott brown is to Mitt.

crist was the Dc pick. Jeb wanted to go a different way. crist was a McCain buddy. Not alot of love between mcCain and bush. there are different wings within the RINO’s just like there are different wings within the conservatives…the demint faction and Palin faction come to mind

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 12:57 AM

d1carter on September 15, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Doesn’t the continued struggle to retain power say everything about why these people need to go?

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:58 AM

I don’t understand the reason of such trashing of the just elected candidate at all.

IF the result was a squeaker, that Christine O’Donnell managed a 1 to 2 point advantage, then it might be argued voters might be deceived (yeah, I know, weak).

But clearly the voter turn out and the clear cut winning margin told the story that DE Republican voters had spoken?

WHY?

Sir Napsalot on September 15, 2010 at 12:58 AM

pedestrian on September 15, 2010 at 12:48 AM

I guess some of us really want to embrace the lefty meme of the GOP being the “party of the rich.”

Hey, you stupid, poor proles, don’t you dare run as Republicans.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Much smarter to vote for someone who can’t balance a checkbook or pay back her loans because Sarah tweeted that you should.

Time to rip the fcking band-aid off and quit being a little bi tch about it.

ClassicCon on September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM

LOL, giving the socialists power isn’t ripping any thing off other then the people who earn a living in this country.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:58 AM

ITT we see why a center-right country doesn’t have a consistent GOP majority, btw.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:59 AM

And anyone who calls me a RINO to my face is going to need dentures.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM
Gotta love internet tough guys.

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

+1!

profitsbeard on September 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Which of us are you calling and idiot, because you didn’t make that clear? I’m okay with being called an idiot, mind you, so if it’s alright with Profitsbeard I’ll just accept you ad hominem attack as being intended for me.

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:53 AM

Yet GOP bailout voters like yourself are willing to throw away any convictions just so long as your team “wins”. Who gives a fck what they actually vote for, I just want my team to win and assume they are going to do great things?

Just like last time right?

Amazing how you GOP bi tches still don’t see it.

And the prospect of winning the Senate is a laughable point. Are you Castle supporters that mindless that you simply look at the number of R’s, I’s, and D’s in the senate and if the R’s are in the majority you just roll over and go back to sleep?

ClassicCon on September 15, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Okay. Lets put your pipe dream of winning the senate to the test.

Repub 51
Dem 49

A conservative bill comes down to the Mike Castles vote. He has voted with Democrats as much as he has voted for republicans. So either Obama, the Dems, or the Repubs have to bribe Castle for his vote. Just like the Maine sisters. Republican in name, but hardly dependable unless bribed.

I’m done with having to bribe state reps and Senators to vote the right way. In fact, you should be sick of this kind of crap too.

The fact that you aren’t is disturbing.

portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Valid arguments are generally taken head on and appreciated. Granted that has been in a bit of disarray the last few days over this issue. How exactly does insulting people now, since the DE voters have already made their choice, advance your argument?

bluemarlin on September 15, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Well, that’s a small victory at least for now. Castle will not endorse O’Donnell. If that means he won’t run as a third party that would be great. Otherwise in my opinion he is an old PRICK.I hope I didn’t offend some of your sensibilities.

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 1:00 AM

And anyone who calls me a RINO to my face is going to need dentures.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:41 AM
Gotta love internet tough guys.

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 12:45 AM

+1!
profitsbeard on September 15, 2010 at 12:51 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:54 AM

Looks like somebody’s dentures slipped and hit the wrong key.

-1!

profitsbeard on September 15, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:57 AM

If she wins Delaware Ill eat my hat.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Castle has lived off the taxpayer for 45 years dumbass!

Read his voting record.

tetriskid on September 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Well half right.

Sure we paid him a lot.

But I bet those who were really paying him were those who benefited from that voting record.

Little doubt they made him rich.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Castle has lived off the taxpayer for 45 years dumbass!
Read his voting record.
I know that actual votes don’t matter to people like you.
All you care about is party not principles or actual votes
tetriskid

The difference is that was Castle’s JOB. Just like Palin has lived off the public dole for a good bit of her life. O’Donnell’s job was campaigning and filing lawsuits it seems.
Yes look at how Castle voted with the republican party over 87% of the time.

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Ayotte is slowly pulling away for the win.

38.5% Ayotte
37.6% Lamontagne

70.1% reporting

portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 1:01 AM

If she wins Delaware Ill eat my hat.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:00 AM

Right.

Like any one believes you. Or cares.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Such a political neophyte. You guys have given the socialists more power than any group of voters in history. See 2006, 2008.

The socialist takeover of this country is inevitable. Try to be a big boy and deal with it.

ClassicCon on September 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Look people:

Rasmussen has Angle tied with Reid at 48%-48%.

Reid is the Majority leader of the Senate. He was never going to be easy to take out regardless who won the GOP primary. Get real! Don’t be idiots. Angle is tied with Reid. Even if she wins it will NOT be more than a 2% margin.

technopeasant on September 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Point out to me who was running in DE that fit that label?

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Not Christine.

Apologetic California on September 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Castle has lived off the taxpayer for 45 years dumbass!

Read his voting record.

I know that actual votes don’t matter to people like you.

All you care about is party not principles or actual votes.

tetriskid on September 15, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Read my later quote. I’m not a Castle fan. I’m just shocked how O’D’s record of lies and unethical behavior is met with nothing more than, “RINO!!!”

This election was lose-lose. A RINO, or a flake airhead of dubious character most likely to blow up on us. All I’m saying is, you mention the latter around her, and you’re accused of being a potential Mao supporter. Not a good way to attract quality, ethical candidates if you’re going to attach no stigma to the bad ones.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

If she wins Delaware Ill eat my hat.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 1:00 AM

You didn’t answer the question.

If Coons wins and we end up with 49 Repubs in the Senate, will you admit all the sanctimony about O’Donnell “costing us the Senate” was stupid?

Do you admit that a 50 Repub Senate with Castle and a 49 Repub Senate with Coons is basically the exact same thing?

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

Not Christine.

Apologetic California on September 15, 2010 at 1:02 AM

So which one, Coons or Castle? :)

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Moron. Self serving, sanctimonious, chest thumping moron.

Boxy_Brown on September 15, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Chest-thumping?

And anyone who calls me a RINO to my face is going to need dentures.

Self-parody is an art.

You are a master.

notropis on September 15, 2010 at 1:03 AM

Yes look at how Castle voted with the republican party over 87% of the time.

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 1:01 AM

Not really.

She was not Governor that long. As Mayor Todd made most of their money. Well and her running their business.

Get your facts straight.

You should know by now MSNBC is 100% lies.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Rove wasn’t hysterical, but he came on too strong and gave Coons some useful material. He’s right that O’Donnell needs to settle the character issue post haste but he ought to have dressed her down in private. Instead he helped fuel an Establishment vendetta which will doubtless be reciprocated by the TPers. Shades of ’64. Pity.

Seth Halpern on September 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM

So Castle won’t endorse her. Man, the GOP establishment really are a bunch of sore losers.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM

At least with a blue dog democrat in office you know what you’ll get. Consistent shyte. RINO will only rip your heart out.

Sorry GOP call back in two years see if we have any openings for you, then.

Caper29 on September 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM