Quotes of the day

posted at 11:14 pm on September 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

I just finished watching Karl Rove trashing GOP Senate primary winner Christine O’Donnell. It was on Sean Hannity’s FNC show. Might as well have been Olbermann on MSNBC. The establishment Beltway strategist couldn’t even bother with an obligatory word of congratulations for O’Donnell. He criticized her “character” and “rectitude” and claimed she hadn’t answered questions about her financial woes. She did so here. Rove mocked her security concerns as “nutty.” Yet, her concerns have been more than justified. See here.

Rove came across as an effete sore loser instead of the supposedly brilliant and grounded GOP strategists that he’s supposed to be. Expect more Washington Republicans to start sounding like Tea Party-bashing libs as their entrenched incumbent friends go down.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 9

Neither of these candidates was good. O’Donnell won. We need to unite behind her and win in November. That’s not gonna happen if you keep trashing people who supported Castle.

MikeknaJ on September 14, 2010 at 11:55 PM

There is no uniting behind a nut. How do you follow a blind man? Both of you will end up in the ditch. O’Donnell is not worthy of being followed.

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Screw it. I just went to her site and made a donation.

I am voting anti-Dem this election. Don’t care if my vote goes to an (R) or an (I) or a tea-partier. As long as it’s not a (D).

If you folks don’t want more of what we’ve had since 2008, you’ll do the same.

BacaDog on September 14, 2010 at 11:57 PM

UnderstandingisPower on September 14, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Unfortuneatly, Kirk won the Illinois primary for Senate :( When I vote for him, I’m really voting for McConnell. Darn shame, but there was no strong oppostition to Kirk; all the great people seemed to be running for Governor: we had some great candidates there, thankfully a good one won. I just wish some of them had run for Senate and given Kirk some legit competition.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I heard a conservative in Delaware talk about the supposed flaws in her background. She sounded quite aware and said, “We decided this was relatively minor.”

And they are the voters. I haven’t seen anything that I thought made her any riskier than most politicians.

AnninCA on September 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Why is it that social conservatives are considered nutty?

pugwriter on September 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM

thphilli on September 14, 2010 at 11:56 PM

You’re hysterical. Calm down.

Guardian on September 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Rove is right on in his comments. O’Donnell is a kook and will end up embarassing the entire party before this is over.

bopbottle on September 14, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Let me know when Rangel, Frank, Dodd, and Franken are gone. Then we can talk.

faraway on September 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I’ll have to drop my comment at Ace’s place. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am tonight in Karl Rove.

Fact: She won, Castle and his supporters (me included) lost. It’s time to get behind the winner, and turn this seat red.

km on September 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM

How dare we expect people to have a JOB to support themselves. Just run for office again and steal the campaign money for personal gain. I swear you people are sounding so stupid right now.

thphilli on September 14, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Tell me something genius. How exactly does one do 9 to 5 while campaigning for months on end?

sharrukin on September 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM

thphilli on September 14, 2010 at 11:52 PM

How do you hold down a job & run for the Senate? You have to eat and have someplace to live. Not everyone is rich or an incumbent. As for unpaid campaign bills, your side of aisle has a terrible track record so I don’t think I would be throwing stones. Staffers who work on legislation to raise your taxes don’t bother to pay theirs, your attempt at moral superiority is weak to say the least.

Cindy Munford on September 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM

If it’s about principle shouldn’t she be called to account for her bad behavior just like Castle for his? It’s the principle that counts, right?

MikeknaJ on September 14, 2010 at 11:55 PM

castle supporters take the AP fact checking approach. they send 11 fact checkers for O’donnell student loans and none for Castle’s 40 years of votes and sweetheart deals or 8 million in wealth. he married money they say end of story…..please.

unseen on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

You are an idiot. The examples I gave are extremes to illustrate the absurdity of your stance. You don’t care that someone is a liar and a cheat and has no qualms using campaign funds for personal gain, then by that logic, why not support those examples I gave?

thphilli on September 14, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Well gosh, a politician is a liar?! The hell you say!

But hey, let me play with this meme for a while. The anti-O’Donnell camp only cared about Castle’s electability and didn’t care about his voting record or his liberal stances. I guess they would have also supported Pol Pot, Stalin and John Wayne Gacy as long as they were Republicans who had a 10+ point polling advantage on Chris Coons.

Gee, isn’t ridiculous hyperbole fun?

Good Solid B-Plus on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

This is a very well-reasoned post from John Podhoretz worth reading. I don’t agree with him on everything, but he’s on the mark here.

O’Donnell’s Victory and What It Means

No Niks on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

I guess Karl Rove is now a RINO. I am a proud RINO today. Apparently having principles means that you are a RINO. The greatest hits of O’Donnell supporters.

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Karl Rove is fat little fart whose time is over…. just like the scum at the NRSC who have now abandoned O’Donnell. Screw them and don’t contribute one red cent to those jerk offs.

PhilipJames on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:57 PM

You never did answer what you’d change about the qualifications to be a Senator.

You know, the stuff in the Constitution.

BacaDog on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

sharrukin on September 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Maybe don’t campaign for the last 6 years straight? Her “job” has been campaigning and using donations as income.

thphilli on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

There needs to be minimum qualifications to be a senator, and O’Donnell hasn’t met them…not even close.

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Oh, I don’t know. Obama managed, and his credentials weren’t that great. Over age 30 and a US citizen and elected by the citizens of his district, with a background of Marxist rabble-rouser. O’Donnell’s credentials are certainly better than that.

hachiban on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

In Delaware, with Independents, Rove’s endorsement would probably hurt her more than help her. So, he’s done her no damage tonight.

RBMN on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

INC on September 14, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Generational, as in ‘the torch has been passed’ to a new generation. Somebody said that once, I think. It was a long time ago. Looks like it’s happening again.

Skandia Recluse on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

O’Donnell is not worthy of being followed.

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Chudi, you’re for Coons, we get it.

faraway on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

PhilipJames on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Sounds exactly like a typical O’Donnell nut.

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

O’Donnell supporters really are nuts. so just shut the hell up.

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Says the Nut who supported Castle.

portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

bopbottle on September 14, 2010 at 11:49 PM

OMG!!!! What will the neighbors say? The Republican party is embarrassing itself just fine without any help from any candidates.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

hell Castle milked taxpayers for millions gave his buddies sweet deals worth 100′s millions and you are worried about a freaking car payment. way to stay grounded…

unseen on September

Well if a blogger says it, it must be true.

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Being gracious when you lose is a mark of character. It was odd to me he was trashing hers on the night of her win.

That actually reflects HIS character, and it’s nothing to brag about.

AnninCA on September 14, 2010 at 11:53 PM

You’re absolutely right.

But since when does a moment of stupidity mean that we forever shun the person, like so many here want to do?

A little bit of graciousness to fellow conservatives who might not always be perfect also goes a long way.

If we’re going to turn on people like Rove and Krauthammer instead of focusing on Obama we’re in trouble. The LIBERAL agenda is the enemy. And, contrary to what some here want to believe, Karl Rove is not a liberal.

MikeknaJ on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

A government of the people and by the people…at last?

Guardian on September 14, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Somebody on another thread said this is the black swan election year.

That is so true.

I think the Dems (Pelosi & a few others excepted) have already picked up on that. The D. C. GOP is just beginning to get it through their head.

INC on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

It’s very sweet of you to take up for Mrs. Maulkin but that isn’t ban worthy. If being wrong gets us kicked off I would have been out of here the first day.

Cindy Munford on September 14, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Some things are sacred, though.

John the Libertarian on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Might as well have been Olbermann on MSNBC.

Love Michelle, but sheesh. Rove was making a great point– yeah, we’re anti-Castle, but in our rush to defeat him, we nominated a flake airhead of dubious ethical character (at best)– don’t be surprised if this bites us in the rear. O’Donnell doesn’t have “baggage”, she has a U-Truck full of s–t.

Michelle et. al were all for Sanford and Larry Craig leaving (as was I) because of their failure of character, so why does O’Donnell get an pass? Let’s get rid of the RINOs, but do it with respectable candidates. O’Donnell’s definitely not– that’s all Rove was saying. Don’t brand him a traitor just because he said something you don’t want to hear.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Are you serious? Supporting Castle is having principles? LOL

KickandSwimMom on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Karl, for all his good points, is actually from the “elite” branch of the Republican party. He was stung by this loss. For once in my life I have to commend Hannity for standing up to him.Tomorrow I hope cooler heads will prevail.

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Says the Nut who supported Castle.

portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I still support him, and I don’t recognize the nut that won. The NRSC agrees, cus they, unlike O’Donnell nuts, have principles.

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

She filed a fraudulant lawsuit. She lied to the state of Delaware. She has not paid back debts from her previous campaign and she is using campaign funds to pay for her own dwelling. If she was a democrat, you would be SLAMMING these issues calling her a liar and many other names. She is going to be smeared BIGTIME, and some of them will be justified, because of her ridiculously spotty past. And these are the things we KNOW about.

thphilli on September 14, 2010 at 11:50 PM

WOW
So let me get this right lose a law suit and you commit fraud. Who made you judge the real Judge calls you a liar.

Many, Many Politicians have Debts from previous elections. This is common among non-incumbents. Democrats often never pay their bills. Guess you opposed Hillary. Well you probably did but she had Serious debt problems and even was cheap tipping.

Such small potatoes. Is that all you got?

Really LIES is all her opponents can use. Well Extortion’s to be more accurate. But LIE in my book.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Rove is probably also upset because this does not bode well for 2012, and the Bushie’s presumed favorite, Romney.

(Another “Let’s nominate the boring older white guy [Dole, McCain]. It’s his turn.”)

Wethal on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Yes, I would have supported any of those people, because in the scheme of things, Delaware means crap to me and what is most important is getting real conservatives as the head of committees. It doesn’t make a difference if you have a couple of RINO’s in the Senate when YOUR PARTY CONTROLS THE LEGISLATION THEY GET TO VOTE ON. No chance of them supporting liberal legislation when they CANNOT VOTE ON IT.

thphilli on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Hannity should put money where his mouth is. Hold one of his concerts to benefit the girl. Talk Radio talks up these candidates, but they need to show that they mean it.

PrezHussein on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:46 PM

what…like a communitiy organizer or something?

katy on September 14, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Indeed, Obama has set the bar to the new low.

Fortunately, we’re in the room with Palin. Krauthammer, Rove, et al, suggested that Palin should leave the room.

We left also.

Kini on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Rove being upset that a nut was put into the race makes him some elitist, hm…

blatantblue on September 14, 2010 at 11:56 PM

No, Rove throwing a temper tantrum because his guy didn’t win makes him a sore loser. He already was an elitist/beltway insider/ruling class Repub/whatever you want to call it.

And his behavior here is the very definition of “self-fulfilling prophecy.” Let’s savage O’Donnell for two months and then gloat when she loses! “See, I told you so!”

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Skandia Recluse on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

:-)

INC on September 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM

I like Rove, but he may not realize what he has done here.

faraway on September 14, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I don’t think he does. He’s a career political adviser.

Professional political advice goes something like this: I want to make a decision, but I’m not sure what will be politicallya advantageous, so I hire an adviser to commission an in-house poll. If the results don’t make sense to me as a politician, the adviser can help me parse what it means, and may even go so far as to recommend a certain course of action.

The advisers are watching their control slip away, which is why I believe Rove said what he did. He’s starting to panic.

gryphon202 on September 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

What makes your opinion superior to the voters of Delaware?

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Rove represents everything that is wrong with politics as usual.

Luckily, politics as usual is O.V.E.R.

You’ll see, Karl.

disa on September 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Why is it that social conservatives are considered nutty
pugwriter

Because the term social conservative is a contradiction. To say the government should have the power to dictate how two consenting adults lead their lives is not conservative but highly liberal.

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM

MikeknaJ on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Ann was talking about Rove’s lack of graciousness.

INC on September 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Where do you get whore out of anything in that statement? Projecting much?

thphilli on September 14, 2010 at 11:57 PM

She is only in it for the money you say. Not sure if you are from the northeast but that is a backhanded way to call a woman a whore. If you are from there. notice how all the women candidates are only in it for the money…..It’s a way to frame a woman as a money grubbing whore. Now down south they use different language. And I’m not sure how they say it out west.

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM

thphilli on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Good to know.

So a guy who admits he would literally back ANY Republican who was “electable” is bashing others for their principles?

Out-friggin-standing.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM

John the Libertarian on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I know and we ladies love a chivalrous man. In that particular battle, my money is on Mrs. Maulkin.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

O’Donnell supporters really are nuts.

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:56 PM

You made a ridiculous charge on the woman that started this site. So drop dead, hatemonger.

John the Libertarian on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Rove was making a great point– …

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

You mean when he committed the GAFF and told the truth that he supported all of Castles wrong decisions. Cap and Trade, Anti Life and so on.

Point is ROVE is a no good RINO.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

unseen on September 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Weird, my definition of whore involves sex. Guess you people in the Northeast have some other arrangement figured out.

thphilli on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

MikeknaJ on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Same could be said to the people – both establishment and some conservatives – who have been trashing O’Donnell.

KickandSwimMom on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Rove is a big republican party machine man.

MCGIRV on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

thphilli on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Calm. Down. And stop screaming. Go play with your Barbie’s or something. Might take your mind of things for a while.

Jeez, the Left sure is freaking out tonight.

Guardian on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

If you won’t recognize he lost, and the Delaware voters chose their candidate than seek help. Infact, if you can even vote in Delaware, go give to Coons. Vote for Coons. He closer resembles your choice of candidate anyway.

portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Hey, AP: linky no worky on the links to O’Donnell?

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Any republican in Delaware in this specific instance where the control of Senate hangs in the balance, YES.

thphilli on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:46 PM

There have been at least a dozen commenters challenge him on that dumba$$ statement. He won’t respond.

Sore loser. Sore loser who will give it to a (D) rather than vote for O’Donnell.

BacaDog on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I still don’t quite get it. Castle ran a horrible personal smear campaign. That often backfires. It really didn’t make sense to me, since she was so far behind. Chris Matthews said that beltware GOP were saying this afternoon that they had her beat, so there was no need to trash her.

Well, sure enough, it backfired. He didn’t talk about what people are thinking about. She did.

Simple.

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

thphilli on September 14, 2010 at 11:50 PM

I bet you don’t have any problem with John Edwards making a fortune by getting half of any lawsuits.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Well I didn’t believe the MSM line that Republicans were in disarray and they were eating their own. Good work. You validated them.

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Hey guys, you know who the Republicans should run in 2012?

Barack Obama!

Hey, he can get us the African-American vote, right?

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Why is it that social conservatives are considered nutty
pugwriter

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM

That is not a road I intended to go down. We’ll just agree to disagree for now?

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Brilliant defense of O’Donnell using campaign cash for personal use and lying about it.

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Pasalubong on September 15, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Yeah, well, that’s what happens when the Party’s chosen candidate is an insulting slap in the face to the majority of the voters actually IN the party. The dopes at the NRSC ought to tell themselves they’re grounded and take away their own Xbox privileges for a few weeks.

Django on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Guardian on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Anyone who disagrees with you is “the left”. Idiot.

thphilli on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

thphilli on September 14, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Where’d you get your info – HuffPo?

And as to her embarrassing the entire party, only the people at the TOP can embarrass the entire party and they have been for quite a few years now.

Sporty1946 on September 15, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Because I am a raging liberal right, because I don’t agree with you?? Disgusting.

thphilli on September 15, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Well good luck with getting Castle elected there and say hi to Napoleon in the next padded cell!

sharrukin on September 15, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Chudi on September 14, 2010 at 11:46 PM

She hasn’t met the minimum qualifications that don’t exist?

pugwriter on September 14, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Two words: Al Franken

Mr_Magoo on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Ann, bless you. I’ve had my disagreements with you in the past regarding Health care, but you are spot on here.

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

thphilli on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

When we end up with 49 seats in November all this frothing at the mouth is going to look really stupid.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

KickandSwimMom on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Yes, it could. Both “sides” are going nuts here. Over too candidates that hardly deserve this kind of passion because of their mediocrity.

O’Donnell won. Whether she sucks or is great, she won. Everyone needs to put the hard feeling behind, grow up a bit, and work to defeat the Democrats in November. The Democratic agenda is the enemy, not Karl Rove, O’Donnell, Castle, etc.

MikeknaJ on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Jeez, the Left sure is freaking out tonight.

Guardian on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

thephilli was one of the ONLY posters here to defend David Letterman when he made the “Rape Palin’s underage daughter” joke. He is a creep.

He’s not worth acknowledging.

portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Hey, AP: linky no worky on the links to O’Donnell?

-Aslan’s Girl

You dont see the irony in that?

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

John the Libertarian on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

This is not Afghanistan or Iraq. I know you O’donnell nuts wish it were, but it’s not. I have the right to call people who are nuts, nuts.

I think O’Donnell supporters are nuts, and the NRSC agrees with me.

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

gryphon202 on September 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM

I think you are right.

Like Rush and Beck are saying we have won the WAR.

RINOS we have you in our sights and will fire each and every one of you. Prepare for unemployment. Or see if those back at your real home (the DNC) will accept you.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Conservatives are lucky to have people like thphilli to think for them. Otherwise, they might do themselves a mischief.

jaime on September 15, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Anyone who disagrees with you is “the left”. Idiot.

thphilli on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Close. Anybody who disagrees with me ON the Left is an idiot. But thanks for playing.

Guardian on September 15, 2010 at 12:08 AM

AnninCA on September 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM

That’s the kicker, and that’s why I’ve joined O’Donnell’s camp. The people who thought she shouldn’t be nominated made their case; she made a better one. It speaks volumes about the incredibly hamfisted tactics of the Delaware GOP, whose boss is probably going to face a leadership challenge for this debacle, and the NRSC, which managed to beclown itself in record time tonight.

That doesn’t mean I condone the despicable behavior and backbiting by Mark Levin and Dan Riehl, who both should really know better, but that’s all water under the bridge now, and it demonstrates why primary endorsements lose you fans.

KingGold on September 15, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Rove and Dana Perino were both tools tonight on Hannity!

bluemarlin on September 15, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Nothing but a loser would think we had already lost.

Sporty1946 on September 15, 2010 at 12:08 AM

portlandon on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Did I?

thphilli on September 15, 2010 at 12:08 AM

About being “smeared” by the media. We must remember she was the official Republican candidate in 2008. Why wasn’t there an outcry then?

sandee on September 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

AnninCA on September 15, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I agree. I didn’t feel strongly about Ms. O’Donnell one way or the other but the campaign against her was just awful. I hope his campaign strategists never work again. Probably Steve Schmidt.

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

gryphon202 on September 15, 2010 at 12:02 AM

^ I second this. Control is the focal point of the issue, and the loss of it drives people nearly insane.

The establishment is unhappy that the people are taking a firmer hand in their own governance, and that is indicates that more of the establishment need to hit the open road.

KinleyArdal on September 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

MikeknaJ on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Before the election, the O’Donnell nuts told us that they would rather lose the seat than vote for a GOP majority. Well, we are obliging them. The NRSC is obliging them. Since you would rather lose the seat than vote for Castle, win or lose on your own.

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

pugwriter on September 14, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Two words: Al Franken

Mr_Magoo on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Lol. Yes, I get your point, but still….

pugwriter on September 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

I think O’Donnell supporters are nuts, and the NRSC agrees with me.

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Then feel free to join your friends at the DNC.

We have no desire for you to be here that is for sure.

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

km on September 14, 2010 at 11:58 PM

ReformedAndDangerous on September 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I have no further need to watch or listen to the opinions of “Mr. Rove”. He just proved himself to be another inside the beltway Republican, who wants to maintain status quo.
I wrote Sean, not that it matters and stated as much.
How dare he chop down someone who beat a RINO.
Rush said it best on Tuesday the new “Limbaugh Rule”
VOTE FOR THE MOST CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATE!
We need to rid the party of EVERY Rino out there.

p51d007 on September 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I think O’Donnell supporters are nuts, and the NRSC agrees with me.

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Mind explaing the new “minimum requirements” you’d like to impose on Senators?

Possibly a minimum income? I’d hate for some damn prole to take a seat from the rightful rulers of this nation.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Yep, and I have the right to call you nuts. And hateful.

John the Libertarian on September 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I think you are right.
Like Rush and Beck are saying we have won the WAR.
Steveangell

They wont have to check with the DNC. The DNC will be too busy with seating assignments. Seating 60+ senators term, after term, after term, after term is hard work. Thats whats gonna happen if you eliminate all “RINO” (rino in this case meaning someone who voted the republican line 87% of the time).

Zaggs on September 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM

What do we do now?

Kini on September 15, 2010 at 12:11 AM

I’d love to hear Karl Rove talk about this on Mark Levin’s radio program. That would be a blast!

MCGIRV on September 15, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Rove’s in the business of winning elections. He has no time for lost causes. Just her saying all the right things is not enough. If she has too much personal baggage, that she can’t explain, plausibly, she’s toast. I hope she wins, but I think Rove will be proven right on this one.

RBMN on September 14, 2010 at 11:51 PM

He’s out of the business for a while… his last efforts having led to a Dem-controlleed House, Senate and White House.

And, if he’s wrong on this call?

What are the consequences for his Dem-helping, too loosely flapping gums?

None.

He is just a talking (fat) head.

He’s got his and nothing matters anymore… except maybe pushing through Amnesty, so his poor son won’t have to wash dishes or make beds in Vegas.

profitsbeard on September 15, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Cindy Munford on September 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

There was no campaign against her. She is nut, and this was pointed out. You people supported her, so go with her then.

Why are you all whining about people unifying behind her. She accused him of having a gay lover, she made death threats against the state GOP chairman, making him leave his house with his kids. But she’s an angel of course. Shows how nuts her supporters are.

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Chudi on September 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

These same people said O-Donnell had no chance of winning.

Well they were wrong then.

They were wrong with Angle.

They were wrong with Alaska.

How many times do they have to be wrong for you to lose trust in them?

Steveangell on September 15, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Rove is a big republican party machine man.

MCGIRV on September 15, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Agreed, LOL…but your post makes him sound so fun and the life of the party.;D

Gob on September 15, 2010 at 12:11 AM

We need to rid the party of EVERY Rino out there.

p51d007 on September 15, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Does that include the voters? Because you’re going to have a hard time winning any elections without all those RINOs coming to the ballot box to vote for your guy/gal.

MikeknaJ on September 15, 2010 at 12:12 AM