News to heal by: Rubio 43, Crist 27, Meek 21

posted at 9:58 pm on September 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

We need something to salve the wounds from Delaware. How about the thought of Marco Rubio grinding Crist’s face in a pile of cow chips on election night? Works for me.

The independent Senate bid of Florida Gov. Charlie Crist is in serious trouble, according to a new Fox News poll.

Crist drew 27 percent of likely voters in the poll of the three-way race. Republican Marco Rubio registered 43 percent support. Democrat Kendrick Meek came in third with 21 percent.

Crist’s troubles likely reflect a consolidation of Democratic support behind Meek, a four-term congressman, since his August primary victory and strong support from Obama, former President Bill Clinton and the national Democratic Party. Crist’s Senate run may also be taking a toll on his job approval ratings as governor. Just 41 percent approve of the job he’s doing, and 37 percent do not think he’s honest and trustworthy.

Sunshine Charlie is pandering to Democrats for dear life, both personally and by proxy, but that Meek win over Jeff Greene in the primary was huge in terms of solidifying a critical mass of Dems behind an establishment nominee. This is the second poll in a row to show Rubio with a lead this big, incidentally. The last one had it 43/29/23, almost a perfect replica of Fox’s numbers.

Below, as your feelgood “wash out the aftertaste of Delaware recriminations” clip of the day, a precise demonstration of the victory dance I’ll be doing if Rubio pulls it out.

Comments

This is racist against orange people.

rbj on September 14, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Wounds? RINO wounds? Why should we care about such things?

pseudonominus on September 14, 2010 at 10:02 PM

We The People (IMO)know The “Real Change” is coming — if we vote …

wheels on September 14, 2010 at 10:02 PM

It wasn’t too awfully long ago that we were told that Rubio was unelectable and that we should get behind Crist, I think.

ddrintn on September 14, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Vote Orange in November!!

GrannyDee on September 14, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Crist is probably the single politician I most want to lose this Nov, with Reid a close second.

Jon0815 on September 14, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Thanks, AP.

Patrick Ishmael on September 14, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Ok, this is nice…nice, soothing vibes of the Oompa Loompa going down…down, down, down. It feels good doesn’t it? Why yes, yes it does.

AUINSC on September 14, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I am SO sick of Delaware right now that I really don’t care if we lose the Senate seat, I’m just so sick of all the bickering that just being able to move and and stop talking about it is a win in my book!

Love to good news about Rubio!

Cookies Mom on September 14, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I must admit…that video gave me a warm fuzzy. )

ronsfi on September 14, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Am I the only one watching the lady in the purple shirt? Was this article about some political race?

Rode Werk on September 14, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Charlie Cris is in a state with a lot of Jewish voters, so there’s no shortage of people to call him a putz.

radjah shelduck on September 14, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Clearly what we need to do is beg Crist to come back to the Republican Party and support him over Rubio. You know, so we can win the Senate or something.

Aquateen Hungerforce on September 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM

LMAO…That was a great video. Exit Question, Do we get to see a video of YOU doing that victory dance if/when Rubio wins?

SHARPTOOTH on September 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM

You’ll wear tights and jump up and down flapping your pigtails too ? Awwww

macncheez on September 14, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Finally some good news for the night.

Lance Murdock on September 14, 2010 at 10:06 PM

You stupid ignorant “true conservatives” drummed the awesomely moderate Crist our of the party! When will you learn that we need to send the same squish Republicans to office over and over again if we want to change the way Washington works?!

Aquateen Hungerforce on September 14, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Dang, I wish I was a little kid again,

Rode Werk on September 14, 2010 at 10:04 PM

That made me wish I was an older kid again.

Vince on September 14, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Whatevs, look at Rubio with his RINO-sloping forehead! Did you say he pays his campaign workers well and doesn’t think people are following him around in the bushes? Well, definite sign of a RINO!

Apologetic California on September 14, 2010 at 10:08 PM

I’d rather see AP do a pole dance with stilettos but this will do.

txag92 on September 14, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Rothenberg already moved DE-Senate to lean Democrat

Unlike O’Donnell Rubio could actually win in a General Election.

TimeTraveler on September 14, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Cookies Mom on September 14, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Then you’re in luck!

Lehosh on September 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Orange skin will not save him in Florida.

Mr. Joe on September 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM

ROFL. Love the headline.

Fight On b*tches!

On Carly!
On Rubio!
On Angle!
On O’Donnel!
On Miller!
On Toomey!
And More!

El_Terrible on September 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM

What wounds?

ErinF on September 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM

I’ll stand by my prediction, the day Crist announced he was running as an independent, he’ll come in 3rd behind Rubio and Meek. Once it becomes clear that Rubio is going to win, the Democrats will fall in line behind Meek. Why would a Democrat want to really waste their vote, voting for Crist?

Anyone who’s listened to Marco Rubio is impressed with him. No teleprompters for him, he’s got core values and knows how to express them.

Kendrick Meek showed a tremendous amount of class, when he heard about Marco’s father, and Crist showed everyone it’s all about Charlie.

Go Marco!!!!!

bflat879 on September 14, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Apologetic California on September 14, 2010 at 10:08 PM

No, but there were accusations of financial irregularities. Something to do with a credit card. Plus, Crist was supposed to have had a much easier time in the general than Rubio. Crist was more moderate and would bring in those swing voters. Dumping moderate electable Crist for wingnut posterboy polarizing Rubio was such a bad baaaaaaad disastrous move. Remember?

ddrintn on September 14, 2010 at 10:13 PM

We need something to salve the wounds from Delaware.

Speak for yourself; as for me and my people, we are celebrating and we will celebrate again in November when Christine O’Donnell takes up her seat in the senate. Insha Allah (No pun intended)

julian on September 14, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Aquateen Hungerforce on September 14, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Finally some good old fashioned common sense in these crazy political times.

Koa on September 14, 2010 at 10:14 PM

… Rubio could actually win in a General Election.

TimeTraveler on September 14, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Wow that tune has drastically changed.

ddrintn on September 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM

El_Terrible on September 14, 2010 at 10:12 PM

That’s what I’m talking about.

AUINSC on September 14, 2010 at 10:15 PM

We need something to salve the wounds from Delaware.

Speak for yourself.

I’m pretty happy we just ended cap-and-trade forever.

Castle — fighting for his political life — STILL REFUSED TO SAY HE’D EVER REPEAL OBAMACARE, EVEN IN 2013. what the @$@% is he good for then?

Look, it’s going to be huge. THe gop will win in WA, CA, WI, WV, and CA… in addition to the gimmies (NV included). it will be an epic bloodbath politically speaking. we won’t need DE, and if the insane turnout machine (3:1 gop!) we saw in DE was a harbinger, maybe odonell can win.

look, the purge of the “bush republicans” is pretty important to fix our brand is it not???????????

picklesgap on September 14, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Thank heavens. Get me out of the death-spiral that is the Christine O’Donnell post. Ahhh…I can breathe again.

Cubs over Cards late!

Jaibones on September 14, 2010 at 10:16 PM

I’m all for letting the healing begin, but you might want to clue the folks in over at the Delaware thread, AP. I’m pretty sure they’re getting ready to eat each other over there.

Inkblots on September 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Allah, I’ll pay $20 to see a tape of you doing that dance. No, $30 and a bottle of your favourite alcoholic poison. =)

linlithgow on September 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Rubio whipping Snooki like the little orange b!tch that he is will almost make the pain of Delaware go away. Almost…

Jaibones on September 14, 2010 at 10:18 PM

picklesgap on September 14, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Just let it go…it’s over. You won. Now let’s get O’Donnell (and every other Republican on the ticket) elected….or are you going to do high-fives till November?

AUINSC on September 14, 2010 at 10:19 PM

“We need something to salve the wounds from Delaware.”

Someone explain to me why the DC/NYC/Boston bubble crowd are so in love with Mike Castle and why not winning the Senate seat now (assuming) is such a trajedy? A very, very short time ago winning the Senate was unthinkable and everyone was ecstatic that winning back the House would be great and gridlock Omama’s agenda. Now it’s the end of the world if a Dem takes the Dem-lite’s seat away. What nonsense.

Even if we had both houses, it doesn’t mean any more necessarily would get accomplished.

JimP on September 14, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Either Crist or Meeks WILL drop out, so that Democrats can win that seat. Which one will it be?

American Elephant on September 14, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Obama 1

Tea Party/GOP/Conservativism 0

jp on September 14, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Unlike O’Donnell Rubio could actually win in a General Election.

TimeTraveler on September 14, 2010 at 10:10 PM

As I recall, it was said Rubio could NOT win in a General Election. Miller could not even come close to winning in AK. on and on and on…………..
I am done hoping for a Conservative tsunami, I am now expecting it. It turns out that the “fringe” Tea Party movement is just average Americans….The Majority hmmmmmmmmmmm

IowaWoman on September 14, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Great vid, AP.

Let’s pull together, folks! Get the statists out of office!

John the Libertarian on September 14, 2010 at 10:25 PM

AUINSC on September 14, 2010 at 10:19 PM

picklesgap wasn’t high fiving at all. Your remark was rancorous. Chill out.

JimP on September 14, 2010 at 10:25 PM

AP, salve what wound?

aigle on September 14, 2010 at 10:29 PM

JimP on September 14, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Looks to me like he was…I’m chilled, I’m not too sure about you though..btw, why are you speaking for picklesgap?

AUINSC on September 14, 2010 at 10:29 PM

linlithgow on September 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I’m in on that one. I’ll even provide the libation, provided it’s mead, because that’s what I make. :)

Bob's Kid on September 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM

The NRSC is a little miffed at Christine O’donnell.

Rode Werk on September 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Rubio has destroyed coreless Crist.
Crist left the republican party to run as an independent.
So far he has refused to say who he would caucus with if he won.

I predict that Crist will announce SOON that he has decided to caucus with the Dems…. 10-9-8-7…..

Nelsa on September 14, 2010 at 10:33 PM

I will be doing that same dance when Harry Reid is taken out.

GinaE on September 14, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Bob’s Kid on September 14, 2010 at 10:32 PM

You make mead? Cool.

Inkblots on September 14, 2010 at 10:35 PM

Sorry Charlie, this is one Independent(Libertarian) who’s pulling the lever for a REAL REPUBLICAN. Your ads suck. Rubio needs to wait until a week before the election to see the whites of your eyes and carpetbomb the airwaves. Chicken of the Sea gets to go home with his tail between his legs. Communism is on the run.

adamsmith on September 14, 2010 at 10:37 PM

LOL Your rancor caused you to interpret his remarks incorrectly.

I’m not speaking for pickles. Just thought you needed an admonishment. I see it didn’t take. Best of luck.

JimP on September 14, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Yeah but AP, will you wear the pigtails too????

ted c on September 14, 2010 at 10:37 PM

You make mead? Cool.

I do. It’s one of my expensive hobbies.

What am I saying? All my hobbies are expensive. :)

Bob's Kid on September 14, 2010 at 10:39 PM

LOL Your rancor caused you to interpret his remarks incorrectly.

JimP on September 14, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Nice of you to take that duty upon yourself.

AUINSC on September 14, 2010 at 10:39 PM

Marco is a great counterweight to the poll issues with O’Donnell. Both are Tea party faves (win win) but both have to face unique electoral issues with their respective states. Were Marco Rubio in Delaware, he might be even in with the Dem opponent that OD faces…Were OD in Florida, she might only be 7 points up on Charlie.

This is what makes politics interesting. Lotsa factors.

ted c on September 14, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I can dance to that tune!

disa on September 14, 2010 at 10:39 PM

The guy throwing hand grenades re: Delaware shouldn’t talk about healing. Come on Allah, you chummed the waters but good. Just admit it. :)

Missy on September 14, 2010 at 10:40 PM

Rubio is on Levin NOW!

ornery_independent on September 14, 2010 at 10:41 PM

I don’t get the disappointment about Delaware. If Castle won, you’d have a liberal in office no matter which party wins in November. At least now there’s a conservative in the race.

Felonious Monk on September 14, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Cool…Marco just told Levin that the “Bush Tax Cuts” are now the “Current Tax Rates“!

Then he correctly stated that letting them expire is a TAX INCREASE! This should be the Republicans mantra.

ornery_independent on September 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM

will be doing that same dance when Harry Reid is taken out.

GinaE on September 14, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Boxer is the prize. If she loses, everything really has changed.

SlimyBill on September 14, 2010 at 10:47 PM

“and the Senate Majority Leader will be Chuck Schumer (if Angle wins), thanks to Castle losing.”

Screwmer’s toast!

Geez, where did all these EEEoye’s come from?

Did you forget about that little “American’s don’t care about pork stuff?”

We are going to run that commercial every 5 seconds.

The “porkulous” didn’t work!

And there’s also a little matter of a mosque.

Screwmer’s only polling at 51%.

There’s no such thing as a safe seat. Upstaters don’t like Chuck U. Screwmer.

Jayrae on September 14, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Boxer is the prize. If she loses, everything really has changed.

SlimyBill on September 14, 2010 at 10:47 PM

If Boxer loses, I’ll be doing the happy dance for days.

Felonious Monk on September 14, 2010 at 10:48 PM

“This thread has nothing to do with the DE senate race…seems you might be trying to talk as many people as possible out of supporting your candidate of choice in the general now.
AUINSC on September 14, 2010 at 10:39 PM”

You’re just the ‘The Man’ aren’t you? LOL
Now you set what the thread is about? Legend in your own mind, eh? BTW, O’Donnell isn’t my candidate. But by you assuming she is just shows more rancor on your part. Thanks for re-affirming your sour grapes attitude. You’re bitter. Be a man and get over it. As I and several others who commented on this thread about the DE primary, it ain’t the end of the world.

JimP on September 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Boxer is the prize. If she loses, everything really has changed.

SlimyBill on September 14, 2010 at 10:47 PM

If Boxer loses, I’ll be doing the happy dance for days.

Felonious Monk on September 14, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I’m with you both there!

GinaE on September 14, 2010 at 10:52 PM

HOLY SMOKES. The NRSC will not spend any money on O’Donnell!

John the Libertarian on September 14, 2010 at 10:52 PM

JimP on September 14, 2010 at 10:51 PM

You like the word ‘rancor’ a lot don’t you?

Anyway, have fun winning friends and influencing people.

AUINSC on September 14, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Boxer is the prize. If she loses, everything really has changed.

SlimyBill on September 14, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Boxer must lose.

John the Libertarian on September 14, 2010 at 10:53 PM

That video was fifteen kinds of awesome.

Replacement meme for the humpbot: Ponytail Girl!

[Yer growin' up AP. Hadda happen sometime. /s ]

inviolet on September 14, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Allahpundit, will there be video of you doing this dance? Kids make everything better.

Cindy Munford on September 14, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Felonious Monk on September 14, 2010 at 10:43 PM

Agreed, At least now there is a clear choice on the ballot rather than an R who votes with the D’s and a D.

Koa on September 14, 2010 at 11:10 PM

I’ll pay money! I’ll pay booze! Just dance, Allah!

pookysgirl on September 14, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Boxer must lose.

John the Libertarian on September 14, 2010 at 10:53 PM

My ranking of Senate incumbents/candidates I want to see lose:

1. Barbara Boxer
2. Harry Reid
3. Charlie Crist
4. Patty Murray
5. Joe Sestak

I’ve already put in for vacation day on November 3 so I can do the “Happy Dance” late into the night on the 2nd.

PatMac on September 14, 2010 at 11:21 PM

That video was fifteen kinds of awesome.

Replacement meme for the humpbot: Ponytail Girl!

[Yer growin' up AP. Hadda happen sometime. /s ]

inviolet on September 14, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I’m not a young kid, but I miss the helicopters at the beginning and the napalm on the row of trees.

There’s nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning.

pedestrian on September 14, 2010 at 11:59 PM

wounds from DE? Getting rid of Castle is a healing experience.

wraithby on September 15, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Cindy Munford on September 14, 2010 at 11:07 PM

He was a pretty cool dancer when he was a kid, check it out.

macncheez on September 15, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Rubio has actually won some races, so comparing him to O’Connell is really insulting. She has more in common with Alvin Greene than Rubio.

Speedwagon82 on September 15, 2010 at 7:32 AM

^O’Donnell

Speedwagon82 on September 15, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Speedwagon82, you just repeated word for word the talking points of a leftwing nutjob being interviewed on O’Donnell. I guess you know more about her than the voters of Delaware. I’m sure we will hear this same talking point repeated all day from every brainwashed lemming on the left.

volsense on September 15, 2010 at 8:44 AM

radjah shelduck on September 14, 2010 at 10:04 PM

I know a few who already call him Governor Schmuck.

CatchAll on September 15, 2010 at 1:53 PM