Fox News: NRSC won’t spend a dime on O’Donnell

posted at 10:53 pm on September 14, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite, not a surprise given their tepid congratulatory message tonight but a big mistake nonetheless if true. I understand the logic here — they want to do triage by not wasting money on a race they think is unwinnable — but they’re going to alienate a ton of “true conservatives” by writing off their new champion. And of course they’ll further deepen the rift between the grassroots and the, ahem, “ruling class,” of which the Beltway GOP is the very definition. They’re trying to limit the damage from the race but they’re only going to end up expanding it, and to pull the plug on her when she’s literally in the middle of her victory speech will stick in the craw of righties nationwide who are excited by her win. Just spend what you have to spend on her to give her a fair chance of winning, which is unlikely but possible. If you shortchange her, you only alienate people you need in November.

To see how deep the rift is, read this dispiriting Hotline piece about Republican leadership aides bitter about DeMint’s role in pushing an easy pick-up into the “likely Democratic” column. A bad, bad situation.

Update: People are asking for links to her donation page. Looks like there are two sites and both are down at the moment, but they should be here and here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

This may sound suicidal, but I don’t care about “pick-ups.” I want my government to be responsive and subservient to its people. O’Donnell may not win, but the next one will. And the one after that …

We’re storming the beaches here, people. There are going to be some casualties.

The more the NRSC bitches, the more they expose themselves as insular protectionists – and I want none of them.

Pablo Snooze on September 15, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Anyone know how the NRSC chooses their leader?

slickwillie2001 on September 15, 2010 at 10:47 AM

NRSC Chairman Cornyn is my senator. Email has been sent that I will be actively supporting his tea party challenger in the next Texas primary……. Buh Bye John!

DailyTrackingPoll on September 15, 2010 at 10:48 AM

If the RNC wont support a conservative . I am going to call
them today and tell them to take my name off the volunteer list. If the RNC wont support a conservative , Then as a conservative I cannot support them.

Time to PASS OR PLAY RNC!

ColdWarrior57 on September 15, 2010 at 11:04 AM

If an employee doesn’t want, or can’t do a job, but just hangs on for the benefits, they get fired. If an employee is told to do something, but drags to do it, does a bad job of it, or outright refuses, it’s the unemployment line. What don’t our “party bosses” understand about this?

Elitism is elitism, regardless of political stripe. We are the Republican Party, not the politicians. If they can’t support what we ask from them, fire ‘em. They’re not getting a dime more of my money, unless they start backing, with words and (monetary) deeds, all of our candidates.

creekspecter on September 15, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I was a Republican all my life until the last 2 years of Bush when I turned Independent.
Now I don’t get all the junk mail,phone calls, the requests for donations.
I have been donating what I can to the candidates I want to win no matter what state they are in (have to confess they are mostly tea partiers)
I am a senior but see the need for new blood, people with a fire in their belly for REAL change, those the entrenched call far right,extremists,radicals, those who think outside the box.
The time has come for commom sense to return to our government. “We The People”.

concernedsenior on September 15, 2010 at 11:24 AM

She is at 90% of $200,000.
“she don’t need no Stinking RNSC”

Guest1.1 on September 15, 2010 at 11:31 AM

Should be “NRSC” typing faster than Thinking or Versa Vice

Guest1.1 on September 15, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Dear Sen. Cornyn,

I read this morning that the Republican Party would NOT be supporting Christine O’Donnell in her run for the US Senate seat in Delaware this November.

Since you are the NRSC Chairman, I recommend that you advise all the party hacks who trashed Ms. O’Connell last night and this morning on national television and the news media to reverse course and support the peoples’ choice in Delaware.

The RNC decries the Democrats as being “elitist” and “out of touch”, yet this is the same behavior that the Republicans displayed in their so-called “expert analysis” and “commentary” of Ms. O’Donnell’s win last night

If you and the Republican Party don’t fully and enthusiastically support her, then please inform Chairman Michael Steele that the RNC has seen the last dime ever from our family, and we will work to support and elect anyone running against you in your next primary and general election. We can’t vote for Ms. O’Donnell, but we live in Texas and unless the NRSC gets it act together very quickly – like this afternoon, you have lost our vote. All of our friends feel exactly the same way.

Jonas & Susan Parker
San Augustine TX

Jonas Parker on September 15, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I love the fact that Castle condemmed Christine for her money woes, yet 41 WHITEHOUSE EMPLOYEES OWE $831,055. in back taxes.
AND THAT NOT COUNTING TAX CHEATS LIKE,GEITHNER,RANGEL,DODD,ETC.
Talk about hypocrisy, Incumbents in both parties your days are numbered.

concernedsenior on September 15, 2010 at 11:54 AM

A MESSAGE TO CHRISTINE:

Hire someone you REALLY trust to keep track of every dime of donation money you spend because they will be looking for you to make even the smallest mistake to take you down. BOTH DEMS. AND RHINOS. You have a narrow path to follow.

Remember Rubio and good luck.

concernedsenior on September 15, 2010 at 12:08 PM

They go out of their way to insult and alienate anyone who does not do as they say.

Hey Terrye, by any chance, does that sound a little familiar to you, you who are so fond of making the slander sandwiches (“The people of [insert state here] will make their decision…[slander and slime here]…but it’s up to the people of [insert state here]”) ??

Take your RINO money and stick it, okay?

Thanks,