Krauthammer: Palin’s and DeMint’s endorsements of O’Donnell are destructive, capricious, irresponsible

posted at 8:06 pm on September 13, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via the Right Scoop. There’s nothing here that you haven’t heard before, but since “true conservatives” are in RINO-stomp mode towards Paul Mirengoff and John McCormack and Jim Geraghty and a bunch of other people who were conservatives in good standing as of, say, four days ago, let’s make sure the stealth liberal known as Charles Krauthammer takes his licks too. The only part of CK’s monologue that I disagree with is the “capricious” part: I’m sure Palin and DeMint made their endorsements with due deliberation, knowing how much it would please their base. (They certainly took long enough to pull the trigger.) And from a philosophical point of view, endorsing O’Donnell is a win/win/win for them. If O’Donnell beats Castle and then shocks Coons in November, they’ll get all the credit; if Castle pulls it out and sends O’Donnell packing, they can at least tell their base that they were on the side of the angels; if, as is most likely, O’Donnell beats Castle and then gets steamrolled by Coons, well, the beauty of “true conservatism” is that the highest priority is defeating RINOs, not Democrats. They won the important fight, and without Castle in the Senate, the GOP brand will remain pure and principled and therefore well positioned for the eventual “true conservative” takeover of Congress. Like the man said, better 30 Marco Rubios than 60 Arlen Specters.

Real Clear Politics is noticing tonight that most other prominent Republicans — Romney, Huckabee, and Pawlenty, just for starters — have yet to endorse either way here. They’ll be hammered for that by the same people who’ll hammer Krauthammer for this and duly threatened with punishment in the primaries over it. Might happen, but when CK describes the Palin/DeMint endorsements as “destructive,” I don’t think he’s referring simply to the GOP’s chances in Delaware. This has been a clarifying moment in terms of showing how conservatives prioritize differently: Some demand a stand on principle even if it means Democratic control, some demand an end to Democratic control even if it means compromising sometimes on principle. Romney et al. will suffer among the former group — and Palin and DeMint will suffer among the latter. This is, very much, a two-way street. Now, here’s Krauthammer. Be gentle.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 10

An alarm just went off in my bunker….is it another Delaware Duel thread?

Yeeeeee haaawwwwwwww!

Bishop on September 13, 2010 at 8:07 PM

that was good.

But, this is his opinion. I guess everyone who has an opinion against someone they do not want running, when people are screaming this is the “ONE” seem to forget the Dem’s did the same thing with Obama.

I need some advil, my head hurts.

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Yeeeeee haaawwwwwwww!

Bishop on September 13, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Does DE have duelling banjo’s?

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Dr K is my man, but we will have to agree to disagree on this issue…

cmsinaz on September 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM

800 comments! And at least one instance of calling K a paraplegic RINO.

Apologetic California on September 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Any endorsement by Palin is “destructive, capricious, irresponsible”.

Timothy S. Carlson on September 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Gotta disagree with the hammer here. Either you got principles or you don’t.

I admire Palin and DeMint for doing the right thing – in faith – rather than compromising for the sake of playing politics.

Felonious Monk on September 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Elitist CK endorses the entrenched DE political lifer?

What are the odds?!

Good Solid B-Plus on September 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM

When is Krauthammer up for re-election?

Emperor Norton on September 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM

When is Krauthammer up for re-election?

Emperor Norton on September 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM

How do they handle elections over at the “Ruling Class Country Club”? Is CK on the board?

Good Solid B-Plus on September 13, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Dr K is my man, but we will have to agree to disagree on this issue…

cmsinaz on September 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM

davidk on September 13, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Jen, take note.

Timothy S. Carlson on September 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Palin and DeMint simply endorsed the candidate they felt was more in tune with their ideology. I don’t think either is forcing any voter in DE to vote for O’Donnell, so I don’t see how it’s “destructive, capricious and irresponsible”. Why even have a primary at all? Let’s leave it up to the punditocracy.

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Juan is all smiles…and rightfully so. Betcha that the big boys in the WH are giggling tonight…they can’t believe their luck

i’ve been to Castles house.gov website…pretty much of a schmuck, i’d say.

but this is Delaware. Current R senator looks just a bad.

we must build…not purify

r keller on September 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I don’t look to Charles for conservative leadership. He’s an elitist who thinks he matters way more than he does.

wheelgun on September 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Haha, and the memes begin.

Rode Werk on September 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM

I need some advil, my head hurts.

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Here, have some of mine. His opnion is one thing. His bitchiness is quite another.

katy the mean old lady on September 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM

His point is correct. And how conservative is O’Donnell anyway?

keep the change on September 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM

800 comments! And at least one instance of calling K a paraplegic RINO.
Apologetic California on September 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM

You’ve taken care of it. Who do you believe might follow you in even thinking of saying something like that, because I’m willing to bet it never occurred to anyone else?

Bishop on September 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM

OMG, you guys are sounding just like the liberals do on every liberal site I visit, constantly attacking the “blue dogs” as being shills and anyone supporting them as being part of the “big business” agenda. What lunatics you all are.

thphilli on September 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Allah, you need to post the lefty slant from Hardball tonight.

CTSherman on September 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Hmmm, not Wednesday yet?

Dusty on September 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM

If Sarah Palin said it was raining, Krauthammer would say that it is not and denounce her and Allahppundit would have a thread on it.

Jeckle on September 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I’m on the compromise side fo the fence – this time. Whatever happened to being practical? I’d like 60 Rubios, but we’re not going to get there by isolating the Castles and the Browns. It’s much better to have them in our group, that way we can browbeat them towards our ideals instead of leaving them to people like Kos.

JeffWeimer on September 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Any endorsement by Palin is “destructive, capricious, irresponsible”.

Timothy S. Carlson on September 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Got to love these “big tent” Republicans. It’s a big tent as long as you do as they say and in Sarah’s case just be quiet and sit over there in the corner

kangjie on September 13, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Curb stomp baby! Curb stomp! /

Castle said on TV that the GOP needs to be more left than it is, and that’s the message of 2008.

Maybe Krauthammer agrees with that, or maybe its just GOP solidarity.

sharrukin on September 13, 2010 at 8:17 PM

800 comments! And at least one instance of calling K a paraplegic RINO.

[Apologetic California on September 13, 2010 at 8:10 PM]

No chance it will go over 250 unless Jen shows up.

Dusty on September 13, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Here comes Chudi to comment, yet again, “for the last time.”

DrMagnolias on September 13, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Charlie said Joe Miller had no chance and dismissed him. Where’s that video clip?

D0WNT0WN on September 13, 2010 at 8:17 PM

^ In other words, let’s let Krauthammer, Allahpundit, McCormack, Geraghty and others simply get together and decide which candidate will be best for this or that section of the country based on electability, and then that candidate will be the one to appear on the ballot in the general election. Problem solved. How about it?

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

thphilli on September 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Well, how many Dems broke rank for the Obamacare vote? Something like….35, was it?

How strong would our new GOP House majority be if 35 Republicans were willing to peel off at any point?

Good Solid B-Plus on September 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Knee jerk was to do something I seldom (but sometimes) do…take CK to the woodshed. I’m not doing it. He makes really good sense. Delaware is really just like Massachusetts. CK is playing shape-pool here and I’m turning around now. I would not tolerate a Scott Brown or Castle in my state (which is solid-red, every time). But for Delaware, as long as a warm body fills a GOP slot for the Majority, I’m OK with it. I don’t care if he votes with the Dems 90% of the time. Psychologically, if the GOP wins with Mega-RINO against a Dem, it will be another nail in the left’s coffin.

So, I’m swinging for Castle now. O’Donnell has too much dirty laundry to survive as a Republican in a 99.9% blue state. I would rather have a total RINO there than a Dem…even if they vote exactly the same. I don’t think O’Donnell has a chance in the General.

AUINSC on September 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Allah loves this shuff.

Chamberlain-esque RINO Candy-Ass strikes again!

JeffWeimer on September 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Well I have an opinion. . . . several, in fact, if you don’t like the first one.

Exit Question: How does it help to have a democrat in the republican party who votes for Obama’s democrat agenda?

Skandia Recluse on September 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM

i’ve been to Castles house.gov website…pretty much of a schmuck, i’d say.

but this is Delaware. Current R senator looks just a bad.

r keller on September 13, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I’m sorry, WHO (current R senator)?

Sir Napsalot on September 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM

You can have differing opinions, just have sound arguments. There are good cases on both sides, like Levin’s and CK’s… then there are bad arguments like pretty much any of those made by the Frum wing of the pundit industrial complex.

Jim-Rose on September 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM

keep the change on September 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM

From everything I know about her, quite conservative.

DrMagnolias on September 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Charles is good on many subjects.

He’s wrong on this one.

katy on September 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM

So only some pols are allowed to make endorsements? For the record, Cornyn’s endorsement is poison to me– and he’s my senator and I’m one of his former supporters.

obladioblada on September 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on September 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Uh, is he running for the House? Didn’t think so. Also, you would rather have a Democrat than an iffy republican? Someone who votes with you 50% compared to someone who votes with you 0%?

thphilli on September 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I think ethics is something that should be given more consideration by ultra, don’t dis my candidate, no matter the record, conservatives.

I don’t know for a fact that the accusations against O’Donnell are true. But they are not nothing.

Denying her problems is not a smart thing to do. She has a record too. Sometimes being conservative is more than how one votes, it is also how one conducts one’s life.

I actually don’t really care either way who wins. But I am alarmed that some people put politics ahead of ethics.

petunia on September 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I really don’t think the American voting public gives a flying fig what the establishment pundits say about this or any of the elections this cycle. The people I talk to have an instinctive drive to vote their conscience because they are totally disappointed with what voting strategically has brought them. This time around they believe that doing the right thing is, well, the right thing.

KickandSwimMom on September 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Delaware is really just like Massachusetts.
AUINSC on September 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

You know, I mentioned this. And I had a bunch of people attack me about it.
I wonder why they attacked me? Truth hurts, but I am glad I am not the only person who thinks this.

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Charles always has to play the elitist card. I respect and admire Charles BUT if you are not an inside player you don’t count for anything. All the INSIDERS hate DeMint because he is a conservative first then a repub. Charles says rinos are not progressive dems, Charles look again.

tim c on September 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM

D0WNT0WN on September 13, 2010 at 8:17 PM

AP’s holding it for Murkowski’s write-in triumph party. LOL

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I’m looking forward to a O’Donnell win in November. Not kidding. CK is definitely conservative, but also very much a snob. There is nothing about Christine O’Donnell that would appeal to him, and even if she did I don’t remember the last time CK went out on a limb for anybody. It’s not his style.

alwaysfiredup on September 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Jeckle on September 13, 2010 at 8:16 PM

+10 for you my friend

Afterall we must listen to Walter mondales ex speech writer you know. I like CK(when he agrees with me), the rest of the time he is just plain wrong.

From wiki
In 1978, Krauthammer quit medical practice to direct planning in psychiatric research for the Jimmy Carter administration, and began contributing to The New Republic magazine. During the presidential campaign of 1980, Krauthammer served as a speech writer to Vice President Walter Mondale.

kangjie on September 13, 2010 at 8:22 PM

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

“Because Christy is talking about tax cuts and spending cuts; in a deep blue state like New Jersey that will never fly. We need to get someone more electable who can actually beat Corzine. Have you seen the polls?”

Bishop on September 13, 2010 at 8:22 PM

I grow weary of this stuff. Who cares you ask? I’ll bet a lot of the regular folks grow weary of this stuff too. Tune it out and watch reality shows because it’s more enjoyable and makes more sense than politics.

Vince on September 13, 2010 at 8:22 PM

thphilli on September 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Oh-Em-Jee.

You just PWNED yourself, whether you realize it or not.

fossten on September 13, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Delaware is really just like Massachusetts.
AUINSC on September 13, 2010 at 8:18 PM

You know, I mentioned this. And I had a bunch of people attack me about it.

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:21 PM

You get all pissy when someone presumes to know something about your state and offers an opinion on the primary there, and here you are interfering in Delaware’s primary?

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:23 PM

thphilli on September 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Nope, so in the Senate it’ll be even more devastating when he breaks rank to give the Dems a bipartisan fig leaf.

But hey, let’s hitch our wagon to the guy who thinks the lesson of 2008 is that the GOP needs to tack left!

Good Solid B-Plus on September 13, 2010 at 8:23 PM

If you substitute Toomey for O’Donnell and Specter for Castle these arguements seem very familiar…

Theworldisnotenough on September 13, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Love Krauthammer but didn’t he also say Murkowski would beat Miller?

fesofee on September 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM

petunia on September 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM

As I stated earlier, O’Donnell’s supposed “ethics” problems pale in comparison to the fact that Castle not only has a liberal voting record, has extensive lobby ties, and has been there waay tooo long, but he also is mixed-up with Soros. Michelle Malkin has exposed the fact that Castle is a co-founder of an organization supported by Soros. That alone disqualifies Castle in my opinion.

KickandSwimMom on September 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on September 13, 2010 at 8:23 PM

You realize that its either Castle or the democrat right? Any choice other than Castle is assuring a democrat taking the seat. You think the democrat is gonna break ranks to the GOP side? LOL.

thphilli on September 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM

But I am alarmed that some people put politics ahead of ethics.

petunia on September 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Politicians put politics ahead of ethics. All of them.

Vince on September 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:23 PM

LOL…. hi there Kettle! What color are we today? Are you going to be like gary and start denouncing everyone and calling them a traitor as well?

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on September 13, 2010 at 8:23 PM

You’re not exactly being fair. Castle said he wants to “improve” ObamaCare and that means…it means….uhhh…that…he will improve it…uh…

Bishop on September 13, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Murkowski wins in Alaska!

Who knew?

sharrukin on September 13, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Gotta disagree with the hammer here. Either you got principles or you don’t.

Felonious Monk on September 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Did you just mention principles and O’Donnell? I must be living in the twilight zone.

Chudi on September 13, 2010 at 8:27 PM

thphilli on September 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM

Even money says Castle and Coons will basically be identical votes on all the important issues. Castle has more gravitas to push things through, though, and he gives the Dems that shiny bipartisan veneer.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 13, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Theworldisnotenough on September 13, 2010 at 8:24 PM

ROFL…ain’t that the truth. “Look, folks, Toomey is unelectable in blue PA. I know Specter is unpalatable but he’s a sure GOP winner in a blue state!!!!! Why can’t you rubes get that through your wingnut purist skulls?”

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:28 PM

There is a time when a smart man gets old enough that his mind can’t escape the entrenchment of its own strain of wisdom.

I remember CK saying over and over with all the weight of his ponderous intellect that Obamacare was dead — Dead!

Now he is saying Obamacare is irreversible! With his tired analysis, I now am convinced that Obamacare will fall with the new congress.

flicker on September 13, 2010 at 8:28 PM

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:25 PM

I wasn’t the one screeching “Stay out of my state’s primary, you ignorant wingnuts!!!”

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM

K-hammer’s like Professor-X, lots of brain, but little in the way of melee value.

abobo on September 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Dr. K…Isn’t he the one who said that Palin should leave the room, while “ADULTS” discussed health care, after the Death Panels?

I happen to like Dr. K, yet he sometimes is quite full of himself.

“in RINO-stomp mode towards Paul Mirengoff ”

I read “Power Line” every day, Paul may be a conservative, BUT he is Establishment Republican” FIRST. A conservative candidate may get a shout at the 3rd or 4th level of his decision tree.

Regards,

the Dragon on September 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Sounds like the powdered wig punditocracy has got their elitist britches in a twist over the uncouth rebels. Tough. You’ll take it and like it, Krauthammer.

rrpjr on September 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM

when did I say ignorant wingnuts?

I think you are just pissy yourself. :) it is okay… that is normal when you freak out! So … how did that mental break down go for you?

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Airhead cons always envy smart people like Krauthammer here. He’s right. Now deal.

Narutoboy on September 13, 2010 at 8:31 PM

As I said in an earlier thread, yes, Castle is a RINO. Yes, it’d be great to have a conservative in his seat. But please, can we not circle the wagons around atrocious, airheaded candidates of utterly low character just because they’ve slapped themselves with the “not ruling class” label? If any Democrat pulled the crap she has, we’d roast ‘em. This race is a no-win situation, but whitewashing her unethical record and slandering those raising the warning flags about her is just cultish and childish. She has more than “baggage”– she’s a lying creep. Write this one off, back Castle, get someone of good character next time — it’s only a few years away.

Pasalubong on September 13, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Nothing like ramping up the rhetoric Mr. Krauthammer.

Is it Tuesday night yet? Please tell me tomorrow will be the last day of the Delaware duels. Been pretty crazy here lately.

conservative pilgrim on September 13, 2010 at 8:31 PM

I like Mr. Krauthammer and maybe the third time is the charm but don’t forget he had to walk himself back on Gov. Palin and the Tea Parties. Geography, D.C., geography.

Cindy Munford on September 13, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Everyone must read AllahP to truly know what the truly true “true conservative” nail-biters are biting nails about.

Stephen M on September 13, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Charles is one of the most intelligent men around. VDH and Sowell as well. Even if I disagree with CK, I trust and respect his opinions because he has earned it.

ted c on September 13, 2010 at 8:32 PM

This is where you’re wrong, AP; the highest priority is to defeat Progressives regardless of which party they’re in.

FloatingRock on September 13, 2010 at 8:32 PM

conservative pilgrim on September 13, 2010 at 8:31 PM

I think it’s been fun but will admit to stirring the pot. God Bless the voters in Delaware, I will be happy with their choice.

Cindy Munford on September 13, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Q: I’ve only read bits and pieces of the mammoth DE threads. Has anyone been banned ?

conservative pilgrim on September 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I like the Hammer and enjoy listening to his opinions even if I don’t agree with all of them. He’s smart and his snark can be good, so if he seems squishy here I’ll just to disagree with the man. I still like him though.

Bishop on September 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I happen to like Dr. K, yet he sometimes is quite full of himself.

the Dragon on September 13, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I really admire Krauthammer’s intellect, but gosh he’s too far in the bubble. I’ll always adore that column of his in which he derides Palin for using the “death panels” analogy (something about “let the adults debate the thing”) while using the rest of the column to demonstrate that Palin was, in fact, absolutely correct.

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Geography, D.C., geography.

Cindy Munford on September 13, 2010 at 8:31 PM

*snort* that was good!

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Pasalubong on September 13, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Burn heretic!
No, seriously, take a bic to your pants you liar.

abobo on September 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM

conservative pilgrim on September 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Not that I could tell. Yet.

Anyone in particular you are looking for?

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I don’t give a crap about political parties except as a means to an end. If that end is not served then alternative means must be found.

FloatingRock on September 13, 2010 at 8:34 PM

when did I say ignorant wingnuts?

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM

You’re the one with MPD. I mean, ranting about other people interfering and offering opinions on your state’s primary and here you are preaching about some other state’s primary. “Ignorant wingnuts” was added for effect.

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

conservative pilgrim on September 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Haven’t heard from Jenfidel on an O’Donnell thread.

Maybe?

sharrukin on September 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Theworldisnotenough on September 13, 2010 at 8:24 PM
ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Exactly. Toomey may not have seemed like he had a chance a year ago but things are different now. Just like they were different for Scott Brown and Chris Christie. That’s what waves are all about – some safe candidates topple along with the vulnerable.

I love CK but he plays it too close to the Beltway sometimes.

Missy on September 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

conservative pilgrim on September 13, 2010 at 8:31 PM

Nah. You gotta figure Wednesday is for all of the I told you so comments and piling on and crazy predictions for November and thereafter.

AP is loving the hits!

Vince on September 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

conservative pilgrim on September 13, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Ed will be banning AP tomorrow if O’Donnell wins, and then AP will ban Ed in retaliation.

CK McLeod and Frum will be filling in after that.

Bishop on September 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

“Ignorant wingnuts” was added for effect.

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Hmmm LOL. So you were putting words in my mouth. Neva!

I could call you a liar… but then you would just freak out more.

So how about we both act like adults and move on…. or I can just be rude and always quite you with that you like to lie about people?

Move on or no?

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:36 PM

I admire Dr. Krauthammer, BUT

Gotta disagree with the hammer here. Either you got principles or you don’t.

Felonious Monk on September 13, 2010 at 8:11 PM

I also admire Palin and DeMint for their endorsements based on principle.

CK has a problem with Sarah Palin that seems so shortsighted. I’m sorry that he felt so vicious in that assessment.

onlineanalyst on September 13, 2010 at 8:36 PM

The guy that did the fatal interview with her, Dan Gaffney, now thinks O’Donnell could not only win tomorrow, but win the whole thing. Contrast the local Expert with Charles and Bill.

CTSherman on September 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Let’s not forget that “conservative” pundit Charles Krathammer once wrote for the New Republic and was on Walter Mondale’s staff.

bw222 on September 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM

CK McLeod and Frum will be filling in after that.

Bishop on September 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

NO, NOT FRUM!

upinak on September 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Forget a Delaware Republicans unity event, we are going to need a Hot Air unity event after this is all over.

Joe Caps on September 13, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I hate days when Krauthammer is unhappy about something a conservative has done. It makes me question whether life is worth living at all.

Charles Krauthammer: The Paul Finebaum of political commentators.

AubieJon on September 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Primary Krauthammer in 2012!

swamp_yankee on September 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM

The Establishment Republican Delaware Cheer:

Give me a C!! “C”
Give me an A!! “A”
Give me an S!! “S”
Give me a T!! “T”
Give me an L!! “L”
Give me an E!! “E”

What do you get?? “O’DONNELL!!”

(I suspect next time, they’ll learn.)

dtestard on September 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Palin is also doing robocalls in Maryland right now for Ehrlich’s challenger, Murphy, in the gubernatorial race. Ehrlich is polling within striking distance of Gov. O’Malley.

Y-not on September 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM

CK McLeod and Frum will be filling in after that.

Bishop on September 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Lost my beer on that one!

ddrintn on September 13, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Leave him alone dude, he’s got Man-opause!

abobo on September 13, 2010 at 8:38 PM