To battle the unimaginable

posted at 9:30 pm on September 11, 2010 by Doctor Zero

An odd little church in Florida touched off a global controversy by threatening to burn a Koran on September 11.  They announced the burning had been postponed, but there have already been riots in Indonesia, and injuries in Afghanistan.  Naturally, these riots have been accompanied by the burning of American flags.  When rage and hatred blaze in the dark corners of the Earth, the symbol of American freedom is usually the first thing to catch fire.

American flags were burned on September 11, 2001 as well.  They dissolved into ash while Palestinians danced around them, singing and passing out candy to celebrate the fall of the Twin Towers.  They were vaporized in the blasts of superheated jet fuel that ripped through the corridors of those towers, and the Pentagon.  They melted on the shoulders of heroic firefighters who ran into a million tons of cascading rubble and never came back.

That grand old American flag has seen her share of abuse.  The sight of her riding the winds of dawn, her beauty unspoiled by a night of cannon fire, inspired the poetry which became our national anthem.  She was made to march along the Trail of Tears, where brave men died of exhaustion in her shadow.  She was carried into battle against her own sons, and drifted sadly over ground soaked with their blood at Shiloh, Antietam, and Gettysburg.  She greeted the morning of December 7, 1941 above the decks of eighteen doomed ships, warmed by their last gorgeous Hawaiian sunrise.  She was burned and spat upon as an insult to the men who carried her honor into the jungles of Vietnam.

And yet, the American flag has never been desecrated.

She is the symbol of a unique nation: born in the defiance of tyranny, baptized in the destruction of slavery, and coming of age when it rescued the world from genocidal evil.  Those who destroy our flag earn nothing but our contempt.  They abuse their freedom of speech to level such an insult… but if you embrace the freedom to perform only virtuous deeds, you will soon find that what you’re holding isn’t “freedom” at all, as the arbiters of “virtue” lay their heavy hands upon your shoulder.

Anyone who seeks to desecrate the Stars and Stripes, on either foreign or domestic soil, is a fool. The power of that flag is far beyond their reach.  It is a flame that warmed the freezing waters of the Delaware, as George Washington and his force of starving yeomen brought defeat to the invincible British army.  It was raised above the bloody rocks of Iwo Jima by men who would have acted no differently if they had known half of them would be dead within a matter of weeks, resting beside seven thousand of their brother Marines.  Our flag rose again above the rubble of the World Trade Center, in the hands of firemen who spent the day pulling survivors from the burning dust.  They wanted to do something for all the people they couldn’t save… a gesture of enduring love, and defiance of the sickening evil that tore them from their loved ones.

The image of those firemen and their flag passed through the lens of photographer Thomas Franklin, and into eternity.  The blood of liberty is made from the remembrance of such moments.  Franklin would later say, “This was an important shot. It told more than just death and destruction. It said something to me about the strength of the American people and of these firemen having to battle the unimaginable.”

That’s what America is: a never-ending battle against the unimaginable.

No cretin with a cigarette lighter can touch the compassion and courage woven into the cloth those firemen raised above Ground Zero.  Burn that flag and prove you are a savage, or a spoiled brat.  Spit upon it and soil yourself.  Stamp it beneath your feet, and diminish.  You might as well try to extinguish the Sun.  Instead of protecting your symbols with promises of destruction and murder, think about what makes the American flag untouchable, and be elevated.

No nation has ever loved the whole of mankind as much as the United States of America.  Our fallen soldiers lie in every corner of the Earth as proof.  Love is patient, and love is kind.  We forgive the world its trespasses.  On September 11th, we ask its patience and kindness, as we recall the day unimaginable evil descended upon New York and Washington, and we once more took up the burden of doing battle with it.

Cross-posted at www.doczero.org.

Doctor Zero: Year One now available from Amazon.com!

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

One of the largest rifts in religion is over iconography. These are just symbols of much deeper principles. They are objects imbued with emotion, but at the end of the day, they are just objects.

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Tuesday, September 8, 2009
TWIN TOWERS 9-11: A First Hand Account
=====================================

canopfor on September 11, 2010 at 9:36 PM

All that is fine and dandy Doc, but we are dealing with an ever advancing takeover of the US. Our enemies seek more then the desecration and burning of our flag. Our enemy seeks to usurp our constitution with sharia law. This can not be tolerted and if burning the korans pisses them off so be it. I think it is a good way to find out who the radicals are!!

sonnyspats1 on September 11, 2010 at 9:38 PM

=====================================

Without the United States of America,Lady Liberty,

THE WORLD WOULD BE A LIVING HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on September 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Styx – Miss America

canopfor on September 11, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Very nice, Doc. Wonderful piece.

I have the flag-raising-at-Ground-Zero photo juxtaposed on a very special framed image with the flag-raising on Iwo Jima, and an aerial photo of USS Nimitz (the ship I deployed on for Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom).

The photo of Nimitz was from her transit out of recore/overhaul to her (then) station in San Diego. Nimitz had come around South America from Norfolk, and was arriving in Pearl Harbor for a port call at the time. The sailors assembled on the flight deck for the photo in their whites, spelling out the word: “Freedom.”

The Nimitz photo shop made this incredible poster-size image for me. (I retired from that last tour.) It hangs on the wall in front of me. God grant I will always have it — and always remember.

J.E. Dyer on September 11, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Your right Doc.
Only savages and fools burn the American flag.

NeoKong on September 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM

I have nothing to add to those fine words.

Chip on September 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Cagney, “You’re a Grand Old Flag”, from Yankee Doodle Dandy(1942)

canopfor on September 11, 2010 at 9:46 PM

No nation has ever loved the whole of mankind as much as the United States of America… We forgive the world its trespasses.

I thought that was wonderful. I love my country :) I could never imagine living anywhere else.

sammypants on September 11, 2010 at 9:46 PM

Your strength and optimism make me ashamed of myself, Doc.

I love what you wrote here, but I just don’t know if I believe it.

I mean, didn’t they want to change the race/ethnicity of some of those firemen to make the statue of that photo more “inclusive”?

I get very frustrated sometimes. Grrr.

Aquateen Hungerforce on September 11, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Would be so easy to go over and turn their country into glass…. sigh…… Learn the lesson from Pershing. Somebody needs to turn a hose on these dogs.

ultracon on September 11, 2010 at 9:48 PM

Another great read, Doc, and I’m sure your book will be as good or better.

Thank you.

VibrioCocci on September 11, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Yankee Doodle Dandy

canopfor on September 11, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Thank You.. Doc. (Sheepdog)

Texas Gal on September 11, 2010 at 9:55 PM

J.E. Dyer on September 11, 2010 at 9:43 PM

J.E. Dyer: Is this it!!:)
==========================================================

canopfor on September 11, 2010 at 9:55 PM

Great post once again Doctor Zero.

Like many I cringed when I heard of the effort to burn the Koran by the pastor in Florida. It was the wrong response. the wrong thing to do. And many of us understood this.

But I’m not oblivious to the fact that the flag is burned around the world very often by people who simply don’t understand and don’t bother to try to understand what it means. It happens often enough that the so called “outrage” at the Koran burning that has been expressed in certain places around the world does seem deeply hypocritical to me.

tartan on September 11, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Technical Snafu linky glitch
================================

J.E. Dyer on September 11, 2010 at 9:43 PM

J.E. Dyer: Is this it,a better image!!:)
==========================================================

canopfor on September 11, 2010 at 9:58 PM

And Pennsylvania.

The bravest and most awake of all.

profitsbeard on September 11, 2010 at 10:03 PM

God help us if we get attacked like 9/11 with the DOTUS in the White House.

ABSOLUTELY WORST President in American History……DOTUS+

PappyD61 on September 11, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Yes, and Pennsylvania.

Texas Gal on September 11, 2010 at 10:14 PM

Thanks Doc. Well said.

Yakko77 on September 11, 2010 at 10:14 PM

To battle the unimaginable

I am not sure what you mean by that, as I do not see how one can battle the unimaginable, not very effectively anyway.

It is unimaginable to all too many people what Islam really is and how much of a threat it will be at some point. They can not really imagine how vile it is, so they can not battle it. They can only battle shadows.

Luka on September 11, 2010 at 10:14 PM

I read this aloud to TLG and could barely make it through. Well done, Doc.

Sarjex on September 11, 2010 at 10:28 PM

EXCELLENT!!!

reshas1 on September 11, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Every day Muslims around the world deny the divinity of Jesus Christ. Funny that you don’t see the world’s Christians rising up to demand the blood of Muslims be shed. Actually, its not funny: its rather instructive.

tgharris on September 11, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Thanks, Doc. Perfectly stated.

God Bless America.

CantCureStupid on September 11, 2010 at 10:51 PM

No truer words have ever been written.

ButterflyDragon on September 11, 2010 at 10:57 PM

They can not really imagine how vile it is, so they can not battle it.

by Luka

Hells Bells, we’re not even allowed to name it.

From “Scary Movie” via Internet Movie Database

Henry Hale: I fear the presence of the outsiders will attract those of whom we do not speak.

Female Elder #2: But if you talk about those of whom we do not speak, have you not spoken of that about which we do not talk.

Henry Hale: Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking… about

Pelayo on September 11, 2010 at 11:04 PM

And Pennsylvania.

The bravest and most awake of all.

profitsbeard on September 11, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Nice catch..Definitely need to included Pennsylvania..

Dire Straits on September 11, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Nice catch..Definitely need to included Pennsylvania..

Dire Straits on September 11, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Sorry

Dire Straits on September 11, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Today do I bake, tomorrow I brew
The day after that my World Caliphate comes in
And oh! I will be so glad that beforehand not enough knew
That the name I am called is Mohammadstiltskin!

Cheshire Cat on September 11, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Masterwork article, Doc.

MadisonConservative on September 11, 2010 at 11:34 PM

The media is calling the Florida Church crackpots, our leaders are telling us to be tolerant.

How can you call a church pastor a crackpot, when the media is broadcasting an Islamic Muslim Terrorist veiled threats of violence if he cannot build his victory mosque at Ground Zero?

If we are not at War with Islam, then people better wake up.

ISLAM is at WAR with UP.

Kini on September 11, 2010 at 11:38 PM

AllahP must’ve had a hot date tonight. No QOTD.

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Speaking of dates, I was just watching Fox Business Report. Don’t know the (dork) host, but he had Andrea Tantaros on, and I swear she’s getting hotter by the second.

Jaibones on September 11, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Wonderful work Doc. I humbly submit Johnny Cash singing about our flag

Metanis on September 11, 2010 at 11:44 PM

canopfor on September 11, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Thank you canopfor for all your comments, links and THE PHOTO!!

That sound we’re hearing from across this great nation…the rattling of dry bones coming together. There is an awakening and it is us!

sweet pea on September 11, 2010 at 11:47 PM

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2010 at 11:40 PM

OT: How about those Ducks..Trojans better beware..:)

Dire Straits on September 11, 2010 at 11:50 PM

Jaibones on September 11, 2010 at 11:41 PM

+1..I agree..She is almost Megyn Kelly hot!..:)

Dire Straits on September 11, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Dire Straits on September 11, 2010 at 11:50 PM

The Ducks own the Pac-10 this year. They destroyed Tennessee. How about those upsets? Virginia Tech felled by James Madison!

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2010 at 11:53 PM

John Wayne “America – Why I Love Her”

canopfor on September 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM

She is almost Megyn Kelly hot!..:)

Dire Straits on September 11, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I used to love Megyn, but then I discovered that whenever Dana Perino appears on Fox, I lose all sense of space and time.

Good God that woman is beautiful.

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM

When the vermin of another country burn our flag — a place where burning their own anonymous flag would earn them torture or death — the proper response is pity. They burn our flag in jealous rage, when they would rather burn their own.

Jaibones on September 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM

whenever Dana Perino appears on Fox, I lose all sense of space and time.

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM

She is a frosty beauty, my friend. Disorienting.

Jaibones on September 11, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Taps history told by John Wayne

canopfor on September 11, 2010 at 11:57 PM

She is a frosty beauty, my friend. Disorienting.

Jaibones on September 11, 2010 at 11:57 PM

I dunno, I see a lot of expression in her face that sez “Let’s get it on.”

I’m I reading in too much???

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Islam proselytize to us through threats, intimidation, and violence.

Kini on September 12, 2010 at 12:00 AM

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM

They are close..very close..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Whoops. What the heck happened to my keyboard? Must have been hitting the Stoly.

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Good God that woman is beautiful.

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM

John the Libertarian:Here ya go!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
=================================================

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:02 AM

They are close..very close..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:00 AM

They’re both beautiful women. But Megyn sort’ve scares me. She’s relentless. At least Dana has a certain grace and can be demure.

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:02 AM

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Have you read Allahpundit’s tweet post about 9-11?..

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:03 AM

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:02 AM

OMG

canopfor!

That is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen!

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Have you read Allahpundit’s tweet post about 9-11?..

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Do tell.

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:04 AM

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:02 AM

But Megyn has those eyes..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:06 AM

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Here is his twitter post that Andy Levy saved that was posted last year by Allahpundit.. Lot of insight in this post..Very moving..

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:10 AM

I see a lot of expression in her face that sez “Let’s get it on.”

I’m I reading in too much???

John the Libertarian on September 11, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Heh. You’re just making that up, but I can’t blame you. She whispers to me sometimes, too.

As for the raven haired Andrea, this one is new to me. Feast. And…wow.

Jaibones on September 12, 2010 at 12:13 AM

“No nation has ever loved the whole of mankind as much as the United States of America. Our fallen soldiers lie in every corner of the Earth as proof. Love is patient, and love is kind. We forgive the world its trespasses.”

+7% Doc…

… You might want to forward this to the White House.

Seven Percent Solution on September 12, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Wow. Just… wow.

My respect for AllahPundit (and Andy Levy) just went up 10-fold. If that’s possible.

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Feast. And…wow.

Jaibones on September 12, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Rowrrr.

I’ll have to pay more attention to her.

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:18 AM

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:16 AM

You are right..lot of insight..

PS..I always thought that Andy Levy was Allahpundit..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:18 AM

I feel a bit guilty hijacking a Doc Zero thread for QOTD types of off-topic. He’s gonna be bummed tomorrow seeing he has all these hits, when we’re only drooling over women again.

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM

OMG

canopfor!

That is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen!

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:03 AM

John the Libertarian: I agree.I tried to find more images
of her in Military fatiques,that’ll
be a google challenge me thinks!:)

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:26 AM

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM

I was thinking the same thing..Plus it is a 9-11 post..:)

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:26 AM

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Dire Straits: Thanks for that link,how far was AllahPundit
from the Towers!

Here is a video,of the North Tower,36 floors
up,and at 500 yards away!
=========================================================

What We Saw Never before-released video of the WTC
attacks26:25 – 4 years ago

Here is a never before-released video of the WTC attacks. This has to be the clearest and most detailed video surrounding the terrorist attack on the towers. The video is graphic in depicting the collapse of the first tower.
———————————————

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:18 AM

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM

John the Libertarian: D*mmit JtL,I’m an accomplis!:)

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:35 AM

If we are not at War with Islam, then people better wake up.

ISLAM is at WAR with UP.

Kini on September 11, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Contrast the treatment of this pastor with the ranting racist and troofer Jeremiah Wright. Wright was handled with kid gloves by the liberal media, and still is. Wright is also far more dangerous because he has (or had) a much larger congregation.

slickwillie2001 on September 12, 2010 at 12:37 AM

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Allah was real close..A lot closer than I would ever want to be..

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:40 AM

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:32 AM

Well, I have to say, my friend, this is the only video that got me choked up today. Thought I’d put it behind me.

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:45 AM

This really tells me something!

chicagotrauma on September 12, 2010 at 12:47 AM

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:32 AM
===============================================
Allah was real close..A lot closer than I would ever want to be..

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Dire Straits:Oh,I agree with you on that:)

You no what really haunts me,is that I thought
for sure,that somebody would of jumped into
their forest fire water bomber and doused the
twin towers!

And,I have no doubt,that people would of been
washed out,from the massive amount of water!!:)
===========================================================

CL-215 Water Bomber fighting fires. Excellent close up and sound.

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:49 AM

chicagotrauma on September 12, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Good Post!..Go to google if you want to see all the “9-11 was a inside job” entries listed first..

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:50 AM

This really tells me something!

chicagotrauma on September 12, 2010 at 12:47 AM

chicagotrauma:Yes,great point,mine had Canadian images,till
I realized that I had to click the US link,
then,the 9/11 Memorial popped up!

And google,nothing!

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:56 AM

This dividing of Islam into “radical Islamists” and Islam is false, and takiya. As the Muslim Prime Minister of Turkey Recip Erdogan said angrily, there is no moderate or immoderate Islam. There is only Islam, that is it. He also said the distinction was insulting.

The misnamed “radicals” are actually following the precepts of the koran and role model of their prophet Mohammad closely. They are respected by devout Muslims as heroes, not condemned as trouble makers. The vast majority of Muslims support their terrorists in active or passive ways. Some Muslims wage demographic jihad by having large numbers of children in western countries, many draining Welfare to do so including polygamous men who could not afford their four wives in any Muslim nation, raising their offspring in the benighted ways of Islam including veiling their women. Others wage law jihad, suing everything in sight for hurt Muslim feelings, gumming up all human rights machinery with specious charges of Islamophobia. Some raise money for the cause. Others conduct media and political jihad by playing lib media and politicians for the fools they are. And the remaining passive Muslims give their consent to all these jihads by their silence.

The handful of Muslims who wish to confine their religion to the private sphere and accept separation of mosque and state i.e. who reject sharia law in western countries are the radicals of Islam. Until the majority of westerners cease being snowed by the blizzard of misinformation from our own media colluding with majority Muslims, we are sitting ducks, picked off country by country by the stealth jihads.

KentAllard on September 12, 2010 at 12:57 AM

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:49 AM

I see what you are saying..But I do not think that was in the manual on how to fight a skyscaper fire..even the playbook on how to deal with Hijackers was not ready for 9-11..

PS..But we have made upgrades to deal with the scum..

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:59 AM

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:32 AM
===========================

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:45 AM

John the Libertarian:Yes,I know,I have tears streaming every
time I watch it,apparently,the couple
had it for some time,then released it!

I also have a site that a photographer
was allowed in to photograph the Twin
Towers aftermath!:)

Oh,I’m kidding on the accomplis thingy!
-:)

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 1:01 AM

John the Libertarian on September 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM

My bad. Sorry.

Jaibones on September 12, 2010 at 1:03 AM

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 12:49 AM
=========================================

PS..But we have made upgrades to deal with the scum..

Dire Straits on September 12, 2010 at 12:59 AM

Dire Straits: Yup,I get ya,and as always,its easy to
say,shoulda/coulda!:)

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 1:03 AM

For what it’s worth, I took the Allah-twitter diary of the 9-11 events and posted them on my Facebook page. It is a riveting and personal account.

Jaibones on September 12, 2010 at 1:04 AM

I really wonder if any of the tools pushing for the mosque were to watch canopfor’s video, would any of them change their minds?

chicagotrauma on September 12, 2010 at 1:04 AM

I’ve been avoiding tv all day, and I realize now that its because 9/11 brings up some awful feelings.

chicagotrauma on September 12, 2010 at 1:07 AM

Back to piggishness:

PS AT is slide 23

Jaibones on September 12, 2010 at 1:08 AM

Heres an article,from,

Asharq Al-Awsat
The leading Arabic international paper

Asharq Al-Awsat is the world’s premier pan-Arab daily newspaper, Printed simultaneously on four continents in 12 cities.

Launched in London in 1978, Asharq Al-Awsat has established itself as the decisive publication on pan- Arab and international affairs, offering its reader’s in-depth analysis and exclusive editorials, as well as the most comprehensive coverage of the entire Arab World.
====================================================

Religious Tension Marks Sept 11 Anniversary

11/09/2010
———-

canopfor on September 12, 2010 at 1:22 AM

General George S. Patton: “It seems to me a certainty that the fatalistic teachings of Mohammad and the utter degradation of the Arab women are the outstanding causes for the arrested development of the Arab. He is exactly as he was around the year 700, while we have been developing.”

Luka on September 12, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Nazism & Communism had strong German & Russian opponents, who were placed in concentration camps & gulags. Moreover, those regimes hid their massacres from the public. There is no comparable Muslim opposition, and the Muslim public celebrates their massacres. Nazism & Communism appealed on the basis of destructive human motivations, whereas Islam also appeals to the commands of Allah, yielding ferocity and commitment on a deeper demonic level. Perhaps Islam can be described as the best model for evil that has yet been devised.

KentAllard on September 12, 2010 at 1:52 AM

During one of the terrorist explosions that took place in Saudi Arabia, someone sent me an e-mailed picture of the smoking rubble in Riyadh (I think it was), with a small little American flag poking up and out of it — that little international symbol of “f*** you!” to the barbarians who had done this. Someone had tied it to a broken pipe sticking up from the rubble.

And in the Beslan school hostage crisis in Russia in 2004, one of the rescuers is shown wearing a white t-shirt with an AMerican flag on it.

Dumb Arabs can burn it all they want to. It’s like every time an idiot desecrates it, it just morphs and comes back stronger than ever somewhere else in the world.

NahnCee on September 12, 2010 at 1:53 AM

KentAllard on September 12, 2010 at 1:52 AM

And that evil has been smoldered beyond our view for centuries. Now we must face it head on. Ironically, we have been weakened by the righteous impulse of tolerance. Who would think that our tolerance could be used against us, and threaten our existence?

But we are good, not always, but mostly, and we can fight the battle for the hearts of men.

God speed the right.

petunia on September 12, 2010 at 3:09 AM

This was posted on yahoo by someone, on the “Six Christians rip pages from Koran in White House stunt” page.

See, it’s a stunt. I wonder if also 9/11 2001 was a stunt for Yahoo, also.

As pro-freedom comments there are deleted fastest than light, I will re-post here something. It’s long, but at the end you may think: it’s 2010 and muslims are building a mosque in the center of a town who they consider conquered since 2001.

In 630, Muhammad led 10,000 Muslim soldiers into Mecca and turned the pagans’ most prominent spot, the Ka’aba, into the Masjid al-Haram Mosque.

In 634, Rightly Guided Caliph Umar conquered Syria and turned the Christians’ most prominent spot, the Church of Job, famous for being visited by Saint Silva in the fourth century, into the Mosque of Job.

In 637, Caliph Umar conquered Hebron and turned the second-most prominent spot in Judaism, the Cave of the Patriarchs, into the Ibrahimi Mosque. (This was repeated by Saladin in 1188.)

In 638, Muslim generals Amr ibn al-As and Khalid ibn al-Walid conquered Gaza and turned the prominent fifth-century Byzantine church into the Great Mosque of Gaza.

In 638, Caliph Umar conquered Jerusalem. In 691, Caliph Al-Malik ordered the Dome of the Rock built on the most prominent spot in Judaism, the Temple Mount, followed by Caliph Al-Walid building the Al-Aqsa Mosque there in 705.

In 651, Muslims conquered Persia and turned Zoroastrian temples in Bukhara and Istakhr into mosques.

In 706, after Muslims took Damascus from the Byzantine Empire, Caliph Al-Walid turned the prominent Orthodox Church of St. John the Baptist into the Umayyad Mosque.

In 710, Gen. Muhammad bin Qasim conquered Pakistan, defiled the prominent Sun Temple in Multan, which house the great idol “sanam,” and erected a mosque.

In 784, after the conquest of Spain, Emir Abd ar-Rahman turned the prominent Visigothic Christian Church of Saint Vincent into the Great Aljama Mosque of Cordoba.
After the conquest of Egypt, Caliphs al-Mamun (813-833) and al-Hakim (996–1021) turned prominent Coptic Christian churches and Jewish synagogues in Cairo into mosques.

In 831, Muslims conquered Palermo, Sicily, and Asad ibn al-Furat turned the prominent Church of Saint Mary of the Assumption into the Great Mosque of Bal’harm.

In 1193, Muslims conquered Delhi, India, and Qutbuddin Aibak turned the Red Citadel in Dhillika, the most prominent spot of the last Hindu rulers, into the Qutb Minar Mosque.

From 1250-1517, Mamluk Muslims controlled the Golan Heights and used the ancient Synagogue of Katzrin as a mosque.

In 1387, Turkish Muslims conquered Thessaloniki and turned the Katholikon Monastery and the Church of Aghia Sophia, which housed the relics of Saint Gregorios Palamas, into mosques, as Symeon of Thessaloniki recorded:
“The greatest number of the buildings of the churches fell to them, of which the first was the Holy Church of the Savior. … These were trampled underfoot and the infidels rejoiced in them. … Most of the religious buildings in the city were despoiled, while altars were demolished and sacred things profaned.”

On May 29, 1453, Sultan Mehmet II conquered Constantinople and turned the great Byzantine church, Hagia Sophia, into the Ayasofya Mosque. The largest church in Christendom for a thousand years, the church’s four acres of gold mosaics were covered with whitewash and Quran verses.

In 1458, Sultan Mehmet II conquered Athens and turned the Greeks’ most prominent spot, the Parthenon on Acropolis hill, into a mosque. When Venetian Gen. Francesco Morosini drove the Muslims out in 1687, a cannonball hit the gunpowder stored in the mosque, blowing it up.

So many conquests, from a religion of peace…

Rookie on September 12, 2010 at 4:02 AM

Dr Z, thank you for upholding the flag so well, especially on this time of remembrance of the great attack against this nation on 911, which has been turned upside down into a media blast of support for installing a symbol of the attackers in the heart of the 911 graveyard

A despot cannot hurt us by destroying our national symbols, because our symbols stand for Truths independent of paper and ink

However, when protestors rage against one of us for burning a reproduction of their holy book they are demanding the right to enforce a two tiered system of justice, one for them and one for everyone else. They may burn our books, we must die if we burn theirs.

I say an American burning the symbol of their own inalienable rights is a childish fool. However if anyone demands I give up my liberty, in order to help to help them promote tyranny, they had best think again

entagor on September 12, 2010 at 4:41 AM

We can define what those who attackk wantonly, on their own, have become:

LASTLY, the crime of piracy, or robbery and depredation upon the high seas, is an offense against the universal law of society; a pirate being, according to Sir Edward Coke,10 hostis humani generis [enemy to mankind]. As therefore he has renounced all the benefits of society and government, and has reduced himself afresh to the savage state of nature, by declaring war against all mankind, all mankind must declare war against him: so that every community has a right, by the rule of self-defense, to inflict that punishment upon him, which every individual would in a state of nature have been otherwise entitled to do, any invasion of his person or personal property.

Blackstone puts Piracy at sea, and yet his definition is universal, not just limited to the sea. He understood this in working with Vattel on Law Of Nations and this activity is described both on land and at sea as those waging Private War against us.

Jefferson could say that. Lincoln understood it and the activity is described for all forces of the Union in the Lieber Code, his orders to the forces of the Union.

We do see the savagery of man and yet refuse to say that it is each of those individuals who, knowing civilization and civilized ways, has reduced himself afresh to savagery, thusly becoming not just our enemy, but an enemy of all mankind.

Stay on that path and we will be dust and those things we value lost because we lack the will to call savage man as he wishes to be called: because to say that requires you to treat savage man as a savage. Soon all our effete elites will become savages interested only in power because we put no penalty on doing so. That is not being civilized.

We used to understand what that meant.

Now we are too civilized and have become decadent.

And the death of our liberty will be inhaled as the ashes of our flag and the dust from our buildings destroyed on 9/11, and freedom re-born in Pennsylvania will be lost.

ajacksonian on September 12, 2010 at 7:10 AM

canopfor

You’re the best!

Keemo on September 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Thank you Dr. Zero, very beautiful.

Cindy Munford on September 12, 2010 at 8:36 AM

The dancing Muslims in the streets of Islamic States on 9/11 told the tale of all you needed to know. We may not be at war with them, but they are at war with US … Been this way for near 50 years, whether we or Obama likes it or not.

tarpon on September 12, 2010 at 8:36 AM

imagine offering a used-car for sale for $10,000. A man comes to your door and says: “Sell me the car for $2,000 or I will slit your throat!”

Technically you are now negotiating.

I cannot imagine responding: “$8,500…and you can punch me in the nose“. But that’s pretty much the “negotiating” style of Obama and the rest of the Left.

Justrand on September 12, 2010 at 8:53 AM

Doc: That old red white and blue thing? My answer:

james hooker on September 12, 2010 at 9:01 AM

Freedom that the flag raising on 9/11 represents is under attack at home every single day……

It comes from the Oval Office, the Capitol, the hills of Hollywood, the planned Parenthood offices in our own cities…..and is coming now to circumvent the voters on November 2nd.

God save the United States!!

PappyD61 on September 12, 2010 at 9:02 AM