Jim DeMint endorses Christine O’Donnell over Mike Castle

posted at 9:15 pm on September 10, 2010 by Allahpundit

I wondered yesterday whether Palin’s endorsement would pave the way for other prominent righties to weigh in. Here’s the answer, just across on Twitter:

I’m proud to endorse Christine O’Donnell for US Senate in Delaware. She will stand strong for the principles of freedom.

Did he hold off because he wasn’t convinced until today that O’Donnell can win, or was he under pressure from grassroots conservatives to jump in because Palin had taken a stand? Either way, DeMint has made his feelings about races like this crystal clear in the past. If O’Donnell wins the general election, great; one more “true conservative” in the Senate. If O’Donnell loses the general election, no big deal; a principled, conservative, RINO-free minority will guarantee total victory for “true conservatism” … eventually.

I’ve been criticized by some of my Republican colleagues for saying I’d rather have 30 Republicans in the Senate who believe in the principles of freedom than 60 who don’t believe in anything.

Let me make myself even clearer: I’d rather have 30 Marco Rubios in the Senate than 60 Arlen Specters.

But, if that were the case I wouldn’t have to settle for 30, because strong conservatives who believe in a constitutional limited government like Marco Rubio will pave the way to a new Republican majority that will keep our promises to the American people!

The best way to re-earn the trust of the American people and to reclaim a Republican majority is to find and support more candidates who believe in the Principles of Freedom.

A hypothetical for you to kick around in the comments: How long would it take, and how much horrendous Democratic legislation would have to pass, before our roughly 50/50 nation was ready to elect 60 Marco Rubios to the Senate? (Per the latest Florida polls, we’re not yet assured of having even one Marco Rubio in the Senate.) And a second hypothetical: Assuming that 60 Rubios were — eventually — elected, would all 60 be prepared to act on “true conservative” principles under all circumstances? Remember, when polled, even a heavy majority of tea partiers say that the benefits of Social Security and Medicare are worth the costs.

I’ll leave you with the audio flashback below from the Andrew Wilkow show on the eve of Scott Brown’s victory in Massachusetts. (The post I wrote about it at the time is a fun read in hindsight.) If 30 Rubios are better than 60 moderates since they’re more likely to ensure eventual total victory for true conservatism, why on earth did any of us support Scotty B over Coakley? Better to elect her and accelerate the Democrats’ wrecking of America so that “true conservatives” can start rebuilding sooner, no?

Update: Commenters are calling foul on comparing a general election like Brown v. Coakley to a primary like Castle v. O’Donnell. Fair point — except that the logic of the passage from DeMint’s speech that I quoted destroys that distinction. His argument is that electing RINOs is counterproductive because it ruins the GOP’s brand as defenders of the Principles of Freedom. The best way for Republicans to “re-earn the trust of the American people” is to take principled, unified stands in the Senate against statist Democratic policies — and Scott Brown destroys that unity, as we saw with his vote on financial reform. If the path to total conservative victory runs through a pure Republican caucus, then we should prefer electing Democrats to RINOs. Which, as I explained above, is why this is a win/win endorsement for DeMint. Even if O’Donnell beats Castle but loses the general election to Coons, as most people expect, it’s still a win for “true conservatism” because it keeps the Republican membership in the Senate pure and principled. No Mike Castle there to dilute it.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

She was unfairly banned from here

Blake on September 11, 2010 at 10:55 AM

I’m not a prolific commenter, but I’ve been here for a long, long time.

The ban hammer seems calibrated too sensitive down here in the mosh pit lately. It’s a comment section on an American politics weblog for crying out loud, not Sunday school. Sometimes, they take the comment section too seriously.

Saltysam on September 11, 2010 at 11:31 AM

“How long would it take, and how much horrendous Democratic legislation would have to pass, before our roughly 50/50 nation was ready to elect 60 Marco Rubios to the Senate?”

2 or 3 millennia at least.

Could be sooner, BUT we must always vote the most liberal Republican available in primary.

Just remember Marco Rubio is also an “EXTREMIST”, the establishment (SAFE) vote is Crist…circa April 2010

Regards,

the Dragon on September 11, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Regards,

the Dragon on September 11, 2010 at 11:58 AM

O’Donnell is not Rubio.
She brings nothing to the table but a lot of lip service to being a “true conservative.”

Jenfidel on September 11, 2010 at 12:02 PM

The uproar is about the Disclose Act, which Castle wrote. He is a union flack.

Angry Dumbo on September 11, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Maybe, like McCain, he really thought campaign spending by 3rd parties really needed to be cleaned up and the NRA was exempted.
Doesn’t matter–DISCLOSE didn’t make it through the Senate.

Jenfidel on September 11, 2010 at 11:30 AM

HA HA HA!!! WOW!

Man, to think I once thought this chick had something that resembled honor.

Sheesh.

Anyways, here’s the current list of Hot Air’s ruling class, if I left anyone out, let me know:
Jenfidel
Good Lt
Jaibones
Terrye
Jetboy
orfannkyl
Narutoboy

True_King on September 11, 2010 at 12:10 PM

That’s the big question now, will the GOP support O’Donnell if she wins the primary?

Bishop on September 11, 2010 at 12:19 AM

I don’t see how they could, they have been positively vicious toward her. This whole thing might just be what we needed to finally get the GOP led by true conservative republicans…

CCRWM on September 11, 2010 at 1:10 PM

CCRWM on September 11, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I will not be.
If we’re lucky, Castle will win on Tuesday and all will be well because a Republican will have won Joe Biden’s 30-year seat.
If we’re not lucky, Christine will win, face Coons and lose.
The very Blue State of Delaware is not the place to have a “RINO purge” when Castle is the very popular candidate and a loser and a liar like O’Donnell is presented as the “true conservative” Republican candidate.
You’d better hope that the O’Donnell fiasco doesn’t taint Conservatism, the Tea Party movement, Sarah Palin and Mark Levin forever.

Jenfidel on September 11, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Jen… the general consensus seems to be (except for a few of you) that we don’t care! We’re sick of Liberals and their RINO enablers. We have a lot of work to do to get this country on the right path and putting someone in like Castle would be counterproductive. IF we can get a conservative in Biden’s seat it will encouage more states to do the same…

CCRWM on September 11, 2010 at 1:31 PM

Jenfidel on September 11, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Wow, the power of Rep. Castle must be amazing.

Cindy Munford on September 11, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Another thing…conservatism works… I don’t think there will be a huge backlash against O’Donnell in 6 years for voting a straight conservative agenda if it improves DE’s economy but, the Democrats are sufferig a huge backlash now for a straight socialist agenda because socialism doesn’t work… I’m also tired of these unprincipled Dems and RINOs blackmailing the taxpayer to get their vote for something really important to us so that they can get some pork or other for their state.

I hope DE goes for it with O’Donnell who at least had the courage to try in a state where the Liberals dominate and conservatives haven’t. Other than O’Donnell not one other true conservative had the courage to try…you have to at least give her that…

CCRWM on September 11, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Doesn’t matter–DISCLOSE didn’t make it through the Senate.

Jenfidel on September 11, 2010 at 11:30 AM

So he gets a pass because his crappy legislation didn’t pass?

What a ridiculous argument.

Hey boss, why are you firing me? I never did manage to steal any money out of that safe in your office I was trying to crack.

Missy on September 11, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Doesn’t matter–DISCLOSE didn’t make it through the Senate.

Jenfidel on September 11, 2010 at 11:30 AM

McCain’s lifetime ACU rating – 82.3
Castle’s – 52

Stop comparing them. McCain is 50 times the man and the politician that Castle is.

Good Solid B-Plus on September 11, 2010 at 2:21 PM

voted for McCain, mainly because of Palin. People are simply tired of having a choice of Democrat and Democrat Lite…which is only a difference in speed, not in ultimate goals.

ddrintn on September 11, 2010 at 12:38 AM

where I want Reagan they give me mitt….where I want Helms they give me castle. after a couple bad dinners you start to wonder why you continue to go to your “favorite” restruant anymore and start thinking the place down the street looks good maybe you can get some friends to conme along

the new place is great but not enough of youe peeps come along so it goes out of business, the previous eatery no longer has enough customers and it also goes belly up and you are left with the fast food place from hell as the onyl place to eat. dam those conservative for wanting to eat good food instead of the crap the RINo place was serving!!!!

welcome to RINOville land.

unseen on September 11, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Apparently standing tall for freedom, democracy, and personal responsibility don’t mean much if paying your bills is a hassle/inconvenience. I’m all for Tea Party candidates, but good heck, personal stuff DOES still matter. It looks like this gal has a long history of not meeting her financial obligations. Color me crazy, but I think this is significant. Nobody’s perfect, and I think most of us have dealt with financial problems at one time or another, but this still makes me queasy. Pay your bills.

AttilaTheHun on September 11, 2010 at 3:19 PM

The Castle-McCain analogy is apt. Castle’s Disclose Act is Son of CFR and McCain-Feingold was McCain’s baby, as well as conservative’s big clue that McCain was/is now playing on Soros’ team.

Angry Dumbo on September 11, 2010 at 3:20 PM

If you want enthusiastic voters, how excited are we supposed to get about a woman who is a flake, a deadbeat and not all that bright?

How is this woman even a candidate?

Yeah, I like her positions over Castle, but she is built in sand.

She could lose her heart to a Democrat in a DC bar and spoil all of your dreams.

NoDonkey on September 11, 2010 at 4:26 PM

NoDonkey on September 11, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Castle already has, apparently. RINO feeeeee-vah!

ddrintn on September 11, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Two questions:

1. Has she ever won an election anywhere?

2. Is she as big a flake as her Wikipedia entry makes her look? (Re: her failure to get her degree for failure to pay the required fees and her complaints and lawsuit (dropped) against ISI charging gender discrimination and wrongful termination?)

Those two questions will haunt her, especially if she defeats Castle. She certainly doesn’t strike me as being of the same quality of candidate as Joe Miller or Mike Lee. I don’t want her to defeat Castle only to lose the main election.

flataffect on September 11, 2010 at 6:07 PM

1. My opponent claims I owe money to the IRS. The IRS says the erroneous tax bill was a “computer error.”

During my previous campaign against then Sen. Joe Biden, I was audited by the IRS – so were some of my family members and a campaign worker. (Let’s chalk that up to a coincidence.) After a long appeals process, this was supposed to have been wrapped up this past spring.

Yet, in March, rather than a letter finalizing the appeals process, I received an erroneous tax lien claiming I had not responded to their previous correspondence. The IRS admitted the letter was a mistake, issued a Certificate of Release of Federal Tax Lien on May 19, 2010 and chalked it up to a “computer error.” The remaining balance was paid in full on May 16, 2010, clearly proving yet again that my political opponent is desperate and because of which he is ignoring the facts and circulating copies of the erroneous lien to reporters and bloggers.

On a side note, whether this is foul play or really just a computer error, it is big government at its worst – the IRS’s “computer error” should not be able to cause such a nightmare in a citizens’ life.

This is exactly why I have pledged to work hard to reform the IRS and simplify the tax code. The IRS has become a burden on too many families and businesses. We need to shrink it, not expand it as proposed by the Obama/Reid agenda.
2. I sold my home in 2008. My opponent claims I lost it in foreclosure.

Please find below, the letter from Citimortgage proving my home was privately sold in 2008 through a realtor and private mortgage company, not a public foreclosure. Yet, my opponent is circulating a supposed foreclosure notice. Could this document be the result another “computer error?”
Although I did not have the misfortune of facing a home foreclosure as my opponent alleges, millions of Americans – including scores of Delaware families – ARE facing just that right now. Catastrophic unemployment rates are robbing the American dream from so many who want to work, but can’t find a job. In trying to “smear” me with false accusations of being involved in a foreclosure, Mike Castle is smearing the character of every American family facing foreclosure. Not everyone is as lucky as Mike Castle who has been living on the taxpayer’s tab and a cushy government payroll since 1969.
3. My opponent is trying to start a rumor that I am not a Delaware resident. This is simply not true.

During my 2008 campaign, both my home and campaign office were vandalized, broken into, files were stolen, threatening messages were left and nasty names were scrawled across my front door and porch. For security reasons, I simply do not want my home address made public this time around. Most common people understand this.

Thank you for taking the time to read my response. As we continue to gain in the polls, no doubt new accusations will come. I will continue to remain open and honest. It is my goal to earn the trust and support of Delaware’s voters. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to do just that.

– Christine

Documents posted here:

Akzed on September 11, 2010 at 6:13 PM

In 1993, I participated in my school’s Cap and Gown ceremony. Yet, the “diploma” in my hand was actually a bursar’s bill for outstanding tuition payments. It took me over a decade to pay off that bill as well as my student loans. Once the bill was paid in full (over 10 years later), the question of whether or not my credits had expired became an issue that even further delayed the awarding of my official diploma.

In the meantime, I was awarded a 2002 Graduate Fellowship in Constitutional Government from the Claremont Institute in Claremont, CA. This fellowship was awarded based on professional accomplishment,s rather than academic achievements. I was upfront with the Claremont Institute about the status of the degree, yet it was not an issue because my professional merits stood on their own.

After a very long process, my undergraduate credits finally have been reinstated and I am now an official proud alumna of Fairleigh Dickinson University.

-Christine

Akzed on September 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM

And best of all, she’s not a babykillin gungrabbah.

Akzed on September 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Read the long list of Constitution destroying legislation that awaits as from Castle. This is the man Jenfidel supports and defends.

I have never seen a greater fall from grace anywhere than what I’ve seen from Jenfidel. It’s been a real hoot.

In one fell swoop she went from being a self-proclaimed defender of The Constitution (who many believed her to be) to a socialist enabling RINO.

Wow. But like I said earlier, the pride of the serpent will only bring you down eventually.

True_King on September 11, 2010 at 6:22 PM

True_King on September 11, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I still will defend the Constitution and our great Republic!
I know Castle’s a despicable RINO, but Christine is a disaster who will never bring anything but trouble and scandal to the cause of Conservatism and the GOP, as she’s doing now.
Glad I don’t live in DE, because there is no real alternative to Castle to vote for on the (R) side and I would have a hard time voting for Castle but I would.
It’s just like voting for McCain in 2008: Hold your nose and just do it, because Castle will be far better than Coons and will help us get to a Republican majority in the Senate.
Christine is a fatally flawed candidate who cannot and should not win the general.

Jenfidel on September 11, 2010 at 6:31 PM

-Christine

Akzed on September 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Every story she has to explain her problems–and these are numerous–are the weirdest, most belabored and torturous stories out of anyone I’ve ever heard, candidate or not.
If a friend told me a story like this, I’d still think they were lying…

Jenfidel on September 11, 2010 at 6:33 PM

PPP just posted a few hours ago on Twitter:

Better chance of an upset in Delaware than in New Hampshire.

technopeasant on September 11, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Jenfidel on September 11, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Earlier today you said she used her good looks to get where she is, or something equally as lame.

I’ve never heard a pretty woman rag on a pretty woman for being pretty.

Akzed on September 11, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Perfect!

Egfrow on September 11, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Why is the establishment wetting their panties over Christine O’Donnell?

SouthernGent on September 11, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I know Castle’s a despicable RINO, but

Jenfidel on September 11, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I stopped reading right there. Any time you see ‘but’ it always precedes a qualifier that undercuts the preceding statement.

In other words, you don’t mean it.

fossten on September 11, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Why is the establishment wetting their panties over Christine O’Donnell?

SouthernGent on September 11, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Same reason we had McCain as a candidate and same reason they are wetting their pants over Sarah…. They cannot abide true conservatives or DC outsiders they must preserve their elitists and RINOS. New blood may tear their playhouse down and destroy their political, media, lobbyist, corporatist alliance and associated money tree.

dhunter on September 11, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Lobbyists buying influence and votes? Political favors for GM, Chrysler, big Pharma, Big Medical assciations, Trial Lawyers, and Unions!

Elites of both parties afraid the newbees will cut down their money tree the tree of tyranny that robs the tree of liberty of it’s lifeblood!

We need a 1000 Sarahs to cut down the tree of tyranny and she is slowly but effectively building her army.

That is why McDonnell over RINO. That is why conservatives always over elites!

dhunter on September 11, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Why is the establishment wetting their panties over Christine O’Donnell?

SouthernGent on September 11, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I think it’s primarily due to decades of conditioning by the liberal media and academia that tells us that conservatism cannot win, and that the only thing that will win is “moderate” — which usually means various shades of liberal. Plus the fact that the GOP establishment is pretty much statist in itself. They don’t want to roll back the welfare state, they want to control it.

ddrintn on September 11, 2010 at 10:51 PM

And best of all, she’s not a babykillin gungrabbah.

Akzed on September 11, 2010 at 6:14 PM

And she doesn’t have a voting record that practically mirrors Al Gore’s, like Castle’s does.

UltimateBob on September 11, 2010 at 11:23 PM

For those who think it doesn’t matter if Christine O’Donnell wins the GOP primary or not because she won’t win the general election, that’s the same line of thinking that happened in the 2001 season when the NE Patriots went all the way to the Super Bowl and became 14 point underdogs to the SL Rams.

Folks, as in sports, anything can happen in politics. Remember elections are about getting your people to the polls. Right now Gallup shows the GOP having a 2 to 1 advantage over the Dems in the “enthusiasm level”. I expect it will be no different in Delaware as well.

technopeasant on September 12, 2010 at 1:03 AM

I have come to the same conclusion.

First, a RINO or a DEM will vote pretty much the same. The President will choose Supreme Court nominees, not the Congress, and barring a rape conviction, the nominee will be approved.

There is no gain to electing a RINO, unless you count yes votes for amnesty, open borders, gay marriage, stem cell research, gun control, mccain-feingold, hate speech criminalization, not repealing healthcare, ceding sovereignity to global treaties etc as a gain

The actions of Club RINO trying to destroy conservative candidates in the primaries implies Club RINO would rather have a DEM, then a Tea Partier sitting next to them in the halls of Congress. That tells me there is no gain for conservatives in electing a RINO over a DEM.

The RINO gains incumbent advantage in the following election, while a DEM has Obama like an albatross around hi neck to drag him down.

At the same time, holding to conviction builds public trust. Trust is the rarest currency in these times, and it is trust that has propelled Palin so far. The public is trust hungry and in no mood for being played a fool.

Lastly there is a desperation in the RINO scramble to stage the next Congress. They could get a few more years of open borders to increase the progressive voter pool, and they could install progressive programs to attact a different coalition of voters for their base. These are not normal times, and I sense a serious war strategy to take down conservatism before conservatism produces another Reagan

entagor on September 12, 2010 at 4:59 AM

entagor on September 12, 2010 at 4:59 AM

I agree with you on this, but in the case of O’Donnell, she builds no trust with the public whatsoever with her proven, delusional lies and gives anyone who’s paying attention (ahem!) that she’s playing them for the fool.
Castle is an awful RINO, but Christine’s an even worse option and a pitiful caricature of a “conservative.”
The Conservative Movement is lesser for having her represent us in a Republican race.

Jenfidel on September 12, 2010 at 5:28 AM

I know Castle is an awful RINO Castle’s a despicable RINO, but

Jenfidel on September 12 11, 2010 at 5:28 AM 6:31 PM

In other words, you don’t mean it.

fossten on September 11, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Jen, you’ve been cheerleading Castle for how many posts now? Sheesh.

dtestard on September 12, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Time to start talking up Jim DeMint for Senate Majority Leader and Michelle Bachman for Speaker of the House otherwise it will be more of the same “go along to get along” with the RINO republicans. We have to let these RINO’s know that they are toast. To prove how much we mean what we say, hold your nose and vote for Christine. It’s the only way to let them no “we ain’t gonna take it anymore.”

Jenfidel, glad you don’t live in Delaware. We need real change. You’re only more of the same. Your way doesn’t work. Been there, done that.

Insanity is having the same behavior and expecting a different outcome.

Let’s roll people. Shake it up!

Jayrae on September 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Jayrae on September 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Couldn’t. Agree. More.

O’Donnell is not perfect. Okay, got that memo. But Castle is far worse, and we don’t need turncoats in the Senate. If Castle wins the primary, fine, the folks in Delaware can hold their noses and vote for him in November.

But if O’Donnell wins, expect solid red state supporters to parachute in to provide boots-on-the-ground support in a fall campaign. If she loses, she loses, but not without a spirited fight.

itzWicks on September 12, 2010 at 12:38 PM

O’Donnell is not perfect.

Look at the Weekly Standard article.

This woman is an absolute disaster.

Gender discrimination lawsuit?

Lying about her academic record?

Deadbeat?

She has absolutely no chance of winning, none. She’ll get at most 20% of the vote in Deleware.

You want to see Republicans take the Senate or not?

NoDonkey on September 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM

From PPP blog today:

Delaware race within single digits…polling not finished yet. Results released tonight.

technopeasant on September 12, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Jen, you’ve been cheerleading Castle for how many posts now? Sheesh.

dtestard on September 12, 2010 at 7:27 AM

‘tard, you’ve been cheer leading O’Donnell for how many posts now? Sheesh.
I come here not to praise Castle, but to bury Christine, to paraphrase Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar.

Jenfidel on September 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM

NoDonkey on September 12, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Sure I want the GOP to retake the Senate, but if Castle heads for the tall grass and vote like the RINO I believe him to be, what difference does it make?

O’Donnell needs to win her primary by convincing Delaware Republicans that she can WIN a general election, as well as give the electorate reassurances that she will actually legislate like she pledges in her campaign. If she loses in the primary, intellectually honest GOPsters will hold their nose and support Castle. But if O’Donnell pulls off the win, Castle supporters will show their true colors if they sit it out in November.

No race is unimportant anymore, but I fear for the republic if the Republicans win one or both houses, and then run things like it is 1996 all over again. No amount of promises won’t stop the advent of a third party.

I mean that.

itzWicks on September 12, 2010 at 3:58 PM

‘tard, you’ve been cheer leading O’Donnell for how many posts now? Sheesh.

Jenfidel on September 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Projecting again, Jen? Wow, I feel guilty for arguing with you.

Find one post I’ve made that has said ANYTHING about O’Donnell. On this or any other site. Seriously. Just one, even one that merely alludes to her, and I will tell everyone that you know what you are talking about and we should all follow your advice in this.

P.S. Maybe you should have called me racist instead of ‘tard. Even Sarah would say you’ve got problems with that one (actually, I might disagree with Sarah on that one too, but I don’t call her names just because I disagree with her.)

dtestard on September 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM

dtestard on September 12, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Your HA screen name abbreviated is ‘tard, is it not?
Why don’t you relax?

Jenfidel on September 12, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Another beautiful gop hopeful, I really pray she wins…

mmcnamer1 on September 12, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Conservatives are making the perfect the enemy of the good by defeating moderates with a real chance of winning while nominating supposedly pure conservatives with no chance of winning. We have thrown away the governor’s race in Colorado. We likely have thrown away the Senate race in Nevada and we are on the verge of throwing away the Senate races in NH and DE by nominating weak candidates just because they say they are conservatives.

What part of I do not want Harry Reid to be Senate Majority Leader next year do you guys not agree with? Why help Obama pass his budget priorities by letting him stack the committees in the Senate by leaving Harry Reid in charge?

You can be pure as the driven snow and accomplish little if you have no power.

KW64 on September 12, 2010 at 10:58 PM

KW64 on September 12, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Just curious, what can the senate pass into law on just a majority vote if the house refuses to go along? Article III judges (as long as they have a pulse) would be given a pass even with a GOP senate so don’t bother with that one. Obama’s veto pen will block pretty much any reform (or repeal attempt) so nothing gained from taking a flat majority.

clement on September 13, 2010 at 12:25 AM

clement on September 13, 2010 at 12:25 AM

When the Senate uses reconciliation to pass things like Obamacare, it makes clear that we need less than 50 democratic senators.

KW64 on September 13, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Wow, Christine is incredibly hot in that picture. And she’ll make a great senator.

Ward Cleaver on September 13, 2010 at 10:37 AM