Oh my: Palin endorses O’Donnell over Castle; Update: Audio added

posted at 4:58 pm on September 9, 2010 by Allahpundit

I didn’t hear it happen, but evidently she did it this afternoon on Hannity’s radio show. No audio (yet), alas, but here’s Hannity’s tweet:

Thanks @SarahPalinUSA for the last minute call in. Endorsement of Christine O’Donnell was an exclusive. Said she hadn’t told Christine yet.

And here’s Dave Weigel, who’s relishing the thought of a Palin vs. the Weekly Standard primary battle, with some background:

I previously reported that O’Donnell met with Palin at the August 28 “Restoring Honor” rally in Washington. Here’s some more of the backstory. Matt Moran, O’Donnell’s campaign manager, previously worked with Doug Hoffman’s campaign in NY-23. It was Palin’s endorsement of Hoffman that really rocketed him into the stratosphere, and made her endorsement valuable — something that was not at all clear in October 2009, when she took that first leap. And Moran’s connection to the Palin camp was obviously helpful in keeping the possibility of an Palin-O’Donnell endorsement alive, even as Republicans tried to stunt her momentum and prevent any more groups like the Tea Party Express from jumping in.

Guy Benson wonders how valuable this endorsement really is given that hardcore Palin fans were already surely planning to vote for O’Donnell next week. The value, I think, is purely in the buzz it’ll generate, which will catch the attention of conservatives who aren’t necessarily hardcore Palin fans but also, until now, weren’t paying close attention to the race. High turnout among righties is Castle’s biggest nightmare and this can only help in that regard. Having said that, I’m surprised that she jumped in. I joked last week in one of the Castle/O’Donnell posts that Sarahcuda might join Chris Christie in endorsing the RINO and a commenter argued that, whatever happens, she stands to gain little by endorsing O’Donnell. Which is true: Either Castle wins anyway and the media runs with its predictable “Palin’s influence overrated!” storyline or O’Donnell pulls the upset and the media runs with a “did Palin just hand a Senate seat to the Democrats?” storyline. Only if O’Donnell beats Coons in November does Palin stand to win big here, and I’m still extremely skeptical of that happening. Even with conservatives energized by an O’Donnell win, the Democrats will be frantic to take advantage of Castle’s defeat and hold this seat; the November bloodbath will be so terrible for them that control of the Senate may hinge on it, which means they’ll hit O’Donnell with everything they’ve got. In fact, since it’s a blue state, it’s an ironclad guarantee that they’ll use Sarahcuda’s endorsement of her to motivate their own Palin-hating base voters to turn out.

As of last night, Jim DeMint’s group hadn’t endorsed O’Donnell; it’ll be interesting to see if this opens the floodgates for other “true conservatives” or if electability trumps. Exit question: The primary’s just four days away. Is Palin too late or right on time?

Update: Here’s the audio. She mentions O’Donnell’s opposition to cap and trade and ObamaCare as evidence that she’s the conservative in the race. Fair enough on the first point — Castle did vote for C&T in the House — but he voted against O-Care. The only concession he’s made on that that I’m aware of is that the GOP can’t repeal it over the next two years with Obama’s veto pen still a threat. Click the image to listen.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

If she’s the nominee, God help us because she will lose the general by a huge margin…and she should.

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Would you vote for her over the democrat candidate in the general election?

scrubjay on September 9, 2010 at 10:33 PM

which is obvious since she emphasized O’Donnell being against ObamaCare even though Castle voted against it.

Castle voted against it because he knew he was running for Senate and would get no support if he broke from the party on this. He has been for most of the stuff in Obamacare for years.

“You’re not going to be able to repeal this legislation,” says Castle. “Now maybe we could if there’s an election for a new president and you have a couple of elections for Congress. I’d be willing to consider it.”

He says he MIGHT consider repealing it if the R’s control all 3 branches of government. But then he only MIGHT. Nobody really believes Mike Castle is against Obamacare. He has already voted for many of the things that go into it that the Dems have tried to pass in the past.

Rocks on September 9, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Would you vote for her over the democrat candidate in the general election?

scrubjay on September 9, 2010 at 10:33 PM

Hmmm. If I had to and lived in DE.
Thank God I don’t.
Coons will win it if she’s the GOP candidate.
She may be able to pull enough wool over people’s eyes to win the primary, but Coons will beat her like a drum in the general and go over all of Christine’s “mistakes” with a fine-toothed comb.
It will not be pretty.

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 10:37 PM

Doug Ross weighs in:

Imagine you’re putting together a football team. You’ve got an experienced, veteran receiver who, no matter what you do, runs the wrong pattern 50% of the time. It’s hard to have a cohesive team with that kind of person playing a key role.

Mike Castle is just that sort of rogue player. He’s wearing the wrong uniform. If he wants to help out the other team, he should put on the other jersey. And the Senate is too small a group, each member is too important, to gave a seat to another unprincipled, lifetime political hack wearing our uniform.

Mike Castle is a staunch supporter of ‘the right to choose’; should help him cope with having his political career aborted by Christine O’Donnell

powerpro on September 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM

IF WE DON’T GET OUR WAY…take our marbles and go home…ala Murky & Crist.

Regards,

the Dragon on September 9, 2010 at 10:29 PM

I’ve never supported either, been behind both Miller and Rubio from the beginning.
Christine can only aspire to be as good a candidate as either Miller or Rubio.
BTW, is the woman an orphan? Where are her parents?
She’s not married–why not? (Well, I know why not, but still…)
And she’s pro-Life, but no kids? Isn’t that kind of odd for a 41 year old woman?

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM

This is the link to Christine O’Donnell on the Mark Levin Show today. Her interview starts at the 47:25 mark.

09/09 The Mark Levin Show

scrubjay on September 9, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Castle voted for the partial birth abortion ban twice.
He also voted against federal funding for abortions in O-care.
Some “pro-choice” man, huh?

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Castle voted for the partial birth abortion ban twice.
He also voted against federal funding for abortions in O-care.
Some “pro-choice” man, huh?

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Yeah, nothing says Pro-life like being for only 98% of abortions.

Rocks on September 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Yeah, nothing says Pro-life like being for only 98% of abortions.

Rocks on September 9, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Link to Castle’s votes supporting those 2%?

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM

She’s not married–why not? (Well, I know why not, but still…)

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I’m 37, not married, with no kids and I’m pro-life.

I don’t know why you’ve got a bee in your bonnet about this particular primary but you’re going down some pretty odd tracks.

powerpro on September 9, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Link to Castle’s votes supporting those 2%?

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM

# Representative Castle supported the interests of Planned Parenthood 75 percent in 2008.
# In 2007 NARAL Pro-Choice America gave Representative Castle a grade of 100.
# Representative Castle supported the interests of the NARAL Pro-Choice America 100 percent in 2006.
# Representative Castle supported the interests of the American Civil Liberties Union 55 percent in 2007-2008.
# Representative Castle supported the interests of the American Family Association 0 percent in 2007-2008.

powerpro on September 9, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Jenfidel is going to the mat for Castle. Something doesn’t pass the smell test.

wheelgun on September 9, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Link to Castle’s votes supporting those 2%?

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 10:48 PM

I just said he supports 98%. Implicit in that is that he doesn’t support the other 2%. Why would you ask me to link to something which I just said is not true?

Rocks on September 9, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I keep hearing all this “If we get the Senate, we control the agenda.” stuff but, just one question for the Power for Power’s Sake crowd:

What, or more to the point, who’s agenda would that be, exactly?

McCaine and the amnesty gang’s agenda?

The Maine Sister’s agenda?

In case you haven’t noticed, that agenda is just a watered down version of Obama’s agenda and that’s a proven loser.

I’d rather a slim minority or 50/50 split without Mike Castle than a majority with him.

We don’t need more Maine Sisters, Gramnestys, McCains et al, in the Senate. We can hold with solid R’s this cycle and then run the damn table in 2012!

You get a GOP Senate that starts working with Obama, kiss 2012 good-bye, and Castle is one of the surest ways to get a GOP Senate that doesn’t serve as an opposition party, but gives Obama the illusion bi-partisan support!

What’s that get you?

Third party challengers for the GOP across the country in 2012, the Dems back in power and four more years of Obama.

Is that what you want?

Pull your heads outta your Pelosi’s and THINK!

SuperCool on September 9, 2010 at 10:57 PM

SuperCool on September 9, 2010 at 10:57 PM

I’ll have to agree to agree with that.

wheelgun on September 9, 2010 at 10:59 PM

Jenfidel is going to the mat for Castle. Something doesn’t pass the smell test.

wheelgun on September 9, 2010 at 10:53 PM

It’s simple pride. Lucifer once stood proud, it was partially to blame for his downfall.

Jenfidelaroni simply displayed arrogance worthy of the devil himself. Smearing and besmirching those she knows nothing about. Taking the smears and accusations of liberals like Terrye, Galt, and others as if what they said was gospel. Giving no credence to the differing opinions and takes of others. Even those of her gods Limbaugh, Levin, and Palin.

Within the conservative movement are those that seek to sever the movement in half. Creating chaos where none is necessary. Attempting to dispel the faith of others, and trying to convince them that the only hope is their way.

Jenfidel played a good game, but the mask has been ripped off and all you have is another RINO in conservative clothing. As well as a hypocrite. I wonder if she thinks Rush, Levin, and Palin are nutters now, just like she thought those that supported Odonnell were before Palin endorsed her.

Beware the false prophets.

True_King on September 9, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Jenfidel,

After witnessing several hours of character assination, AND watching my Vikings lose, I will set aside 3/4 hours to make calls for O’Donnell Saturday & Monday. Sunday 9/12 at the Mall.

Thanks for motivating me to get off my a$$

Regards,

the Dragon on September 9, 2010 at 11:05 PM

Pull your heads outta your Pelosi’s and THINK!

SuperCool on September 9, 2010

Yup. That’s basically right. Keep saying it wherever you go!

JonPrichard on September 9, 2010 at 11:07 PM

oh that’s a good one. Castle is a centrist if you consider Stalin a leftist

unseen on September 9, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Cmon. That’s pure nonsense. Castle’s got a better than 50% ACU Voting record. He voted against Obamacare, the Stimulus, and Frank-Dodd.

I don’t like Castle either, but you can’t run somebody with this kind of checkered past, with no real experience doing ANYTHING, for the Senate.

But thanks. Now I know how Alvin Greene ended up with the Democratic nomination in SC. Sheesh.

Dreadnought on September 9, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Beware the false prophets.

True_King on September 9, 2010 at 11:04 PM

Unbelievable.

Dreadnought on September 9, 2010 at 11:12 PM

A better way to respond to the Palin endorsement of O’Donnell, of course, would be to prepare a brand new Hitler parody video, based on Der Untergang (Downfall) starring Bruno Ganz.

Emperor Norton on September 9, 2010 at 11:17 PM

I wonder just how long Erick Erickson will ignore Palin’s endorsement?

Rocks on September 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Jenfidel, you really think you convince anyone here with these personal attacks on O’Donnell? And your defense of Castle’s pro-abortion record is appalling to those of us who care deeply about this issue.

I have supported you here on HotAir when it was you against the rest. But I must say I have lost a lot of respect for you tonight.

Norwegian on September 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Dreadnought on September 9, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Don’t have the exact numbers, but Castle was about 28% until the 2009 Congressional year. The spotlight can take credit for raising him above the 50/50 mark, because it’s not as though his views changed after 8 previous terms in office.

As I said earlier, with the electorate center-right in normal years but in an agressively anti-liberal mood right now, the voters in Delaware are farther right than Castle is. If we don’t give Delawarans a conservative choice in a conservative year, what do we really believe in? Power without convictions is useless. Stop toxifying Washington!

rwenger43 on September 9, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Since when did stating the facts about her constitute “personal attacks?”

I care deeply about being pro-Life.
I am merely quoting Castle’s voting record.

Norwegian on September 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Well, then it wasn’t really respect if it was so easily abandoned for scorn.
Just because I’m not willing to give Christine a pass for telling you what you want to hear so she has a steady source of campaign cash for her personal needs…

You have no way of knowing how Christine will vote if she got elected…which she will not.

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Listen to the Mark Levin interview. The Delaware GOP did not put up a candidate to run against Biden’s son. They cut a freaking deal with the Demo’s to clear the field.

These are the people that Jenfidel supports. Absolute corruption.

True_King on September 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM

powerpro on September 9, 2010 at 10:52 PM

Just stating things on your blog doesn’t make them true.
I need links to those alleged votes of Castle, please.

Again, despite Castle’s being a pro-choice RINO, it doesn’t make Christine any more palatable as a candidate.

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM

powerpro on September 9, 2010 at 10:49 PM

If you ran for office, would you have any family standing with you?
Why doesn’t Christine?
Not even her lawyer “boyfriend” that she sold her about-to-be-foreclosed-on house to.

And how did she qualify for a loan to get a $90,000 house if she only makes $5,900/year?

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Norwegian on September 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Just now your catching on this embittered, arrogant, pompous, slanderous woman?

Where have you been? All she has done is trash anyone who disagrees with her.

Ha ha ha! This is a perfect example of the evils of pride.

When the fight is on the line, this person is someone that would not stand by your side. She would do as Paul did before Christ interceded; She would hold the coats of those that stone you.

True_King on September 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM

True_King on September 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM

BTW, just what are you “True King” of exactly, in the first place?
Maybe Hyperbole, Invective and over-the-top Bible references in an inappropriate situation?

I listen to Mark Levin every day, thanks.
And in 40 years of public service, Castle has never been found to guilty of corruption.
Christine? Well, she’s made “mistakes.”

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Christine? Well, she’s made “mistakes.”

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Neither has Christine O’Donnell or Nancy Pelosi for that matter. Castle is honest I’ll give you that. He’s an honest to God Liberal.

Rocks on September 9, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Just stating things on your blog doesn’t make them true.
I need links to those alleged votes of Castle, please.

I’m sure his voting record is online.

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM

That’s my point. To me it does.

His support of DISCLOSE, TARP, Cap and Trade, etcetera is enough for me.

He is establishment. Ruling class. So yeah… he’s a lot more polished than she is. My brother was born in 1966. That’s the year Castle got started in Washington.

Is O’Donnell my first choice? No. She’s got some issues. But her issues are not the kind that steal my liberty, bleed me dry and accrue more power for the ruling class at the expense of the people.

Like I said before…As flawed as O’Donnell may be, she has not to my knowledge supported, co-authored or co-sponsored for that matter, liberty destroying legislation. She doesn’t support Cap and Tax…which would decimate our economy and our freedom.

They’re both flawed…but I can overlook her flaws since none of them are geared to trampling over the Constitution and the consent of the governed.

In other words…I prefer O’Donnell’s amateurishness to Castle’s polished ruling class corruption.

Isn’t this the point of a primary? To give the voters a choice of something other than the status quo? Or should they be condemned to vote for the Liberal Democrat versus the Liberal Republican…ie, no choice at all?

For the minute gains a nominal majority would bring to the Senate GOP, being saddled with yet ANOTHER RINO nothing who will subvert our freedoms…it’s just not worth it. Sorry.

powerpro on September 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I think I just entered the twilight zone tonight…. all the HotAir commenters are on the opposite side from where they normally are! I’m so confused!

Eh, well.

I adore Sarah, though. This very well might be a mistake on her part, but she sure does keep us guessing, doesn’t she? Dang, these elections are fun.

Animator Girl on September 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Here are some of his votes on record:

Environment

# Voted YES on $2 billion more for Cash for Clunkers program. (Jul 2009)
# Voted YES on environmental education grants for outdoor experiences. (Sep 2008)
# Voted YES on $9.7B for Amtrak improvements and operation thru 2013. (Jun 2008)
# Voted YES on increasing AMTRAK funding by adding $214M to $900M. (Jun 2006)
# Voted NO on barring website promoting Yucca Mountain nuclear waste dump. (May 2006)
# Voted NO on deauthorizing “critical habitat” for endangered species. (Sep 2005)
# Voted YES on speeding up approval of forest thinning projects. (Nov 2003)
# Make EPA into a Cabinet department. (May 2002)
# Rated 70% by the LCV, indicating pro-environment votes. (Dec 2003)

Abortion

# Voted YES on expanding research to more embryonic stem cell lines. (Jan 2007)
# Voted YES on allowing human embryonic stem cell research. (May 2005)
# Voted NO on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)
# Voted YES on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime. (Feb 2004)
# Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother’s life. (Oct 2003)
# Voted NO on forbidding human cloning for reproduction & medical research. (Feb 2003)
# Voted NO on funding for health providers who don’t provide abortion info. (Sep 2002)
# Voted NO on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)
# Voted YES on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes. (Apr 2001)
# Voted YES on banning partial-birth abortions. (Apr 2000)
# Voted NO on barring transporting minors to get an abortion. (Jun 1999)

powerpro on September 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Just stating things on your blog doesn’t make them true.
I need links to those alleged votes of Castle, please.

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Here ya go Jen.

And that’s only the last year when he has purposely been voting with the party more to run for the Senate.

Rocks on September 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I’ll post this again. Just because.

“A political party cannot be all things to all people. It must represent certain fundamental beliefs which must not be compromised to political expediency, or simply to swell its numbers.” ~ Ronald Reagan

powerpro on September 10, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Norwegian on September 9, 2010 at 11:29 PM

I have too … and I have too…

CCRWM on September 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM

powerpro on September 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM
Rocks on September 10, 2010 at 12:05 AM

I know he’s a squish and a RINO, but it still doesn’t make Christine acceptable as an alternative.
Better the RINO we know that can win, than an unknown like Christine whose past says that she is irresponsible, dishonest, unstable and unaccountable.

CCRWM on September 10, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m not here to win popularity contests but to have reasoned discourse (without personal attacks- like yours. Ahem.) in an attempt to take our country back to the conservative principles it was founded upon and keep it there!

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Jen I think you have lost it..you have done nothing but viciously attack O’Donnel and then turn around and accuse those of us who don’t agree of doing that… you can’t see what you wrote two lines before?

To us conservatives in a anti liberal year O’Donnell is who we prefer over the biggest RINO Congressman there is who has hidden his horn just to run for the Senate. The people in DE will decide this not you, not us… I’m going to go out in a limb here and state that you can probably spend hours on this topic because you don’t have a famiy or friends and if you do they flee from you and free you up for this…I think you might be in need of some introspection…

CCRWM on September 10, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 12:17 AM

By saying Crazy Christine every other post and electing a liberal.

Rocks on September 10, 2010 at 12:37 AM

By saying Crazy Christine every other post and electing a liberal.

Rocks on September 10, 2010 at 12:37 AM

Christine is mentally unstable: she accused “Castle operatives” of hiding in her bushes in 2008 when Castle wasn’t even her opponent!
And Castle may be a RINO, but to call him a Liberal is rather unfair.

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Jen

You attacked me personally, not the candidates.
“I’ve lost respect for you?”–This is a personal attack.
There is nothing disrespectful about stating my honest opinion, formed on the facts.

you can’t see what you wrote two lines before?

Can’t you see what you wrote?

CCRWM on September 10, 2010 at 12:29 AM

And yet more personal attacks on me!
Wonderful. /sarcasm
My family and friends are none of your business and have zero to do with how or why I’m commenting on this blog.

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 12:47 AM

And Castle may be a RINO, but to call him a Liberal is rather unfair.

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 12:43 AM

So she meant Biden. Is she the first person to ever confuse a name? And no it isn’t unfair. Just look at his voting record. He could run on the record and win a Democratic primary. If he was Democrat they wouldn’t even consider him a Blue Dog.

Rocks on September 10, 2010 at 12:48 AM

Yes. It does. I’d prefer an amateur than a professional squish who votes wrong on major, liberty-stealing issues.

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 12:17 AM

No. Not better when there’s an alternative. If it were Castle versus the Dem…then fine. We’d support him because there was no other choice.

But we do have a choice and we must not compromise on issues regarding our freedoms for the sake of political expediency or simply to swell our numbers (to steal from RR).

I don’t agree with your characterization of O’Donnell either btw.

powerpro on September 10, 2010 at 1:02 AM

This just in…..

Delaware GOP getting very desperate.

They can’t win, so they are stooping to a lawsuit against Christine. Sound familiar to anyone in Alaska?

UltimateBob on September 10, 2010 at 1:16 AM

UltimateBob on September 10, 2010 at 1:16 AM

I read it. That is pretty disgusting. I don’t think I remember a candidate doing this to another member of their own party in a primary before. The internal polls must be pretty bad for Castle to go that far. He’s trying to pull a Franken before they have even voted.

Both of the party endorsed candidates for House and Senate are having the fight of their lives. If both lose I would think there would be a lot of heads rolling in the DE GOP leadership so they are pulling out all the stops.

Rocks on September 10, 2010 at 1:24 AM

Christine can only aspire to be as good a candidate as either Miller or Rubio.
BTW, is the woman an orphan? Where are her parents?
She’s not married–why not? (Well, I know why not, but still…)

Jenfidel on September 9, 2010 at 10:40 PM

What can’t you talk about the issues????

Christine’s supporters are talking issues, and the fact that Castle is always on the wrong side of ever major issue, and yet, all you can do is get down in the sewer and attack Christine on the most personal of levels.

Why is that?

Oh, I know, it’s better than talking about what a useless LIBERAL Mike Castle is. A Marxist-progressive who believes in crap like cap and tax, card check, amnesty, and so on.

It’s says a whole lot that all you shills for Castle can do is attack the woman personally, rather than on the issues.

It’s funny. I’ve heard Palin called Crazy and a loon. Same goes for Rubio, Rand Paul, Sharron Angle, and before she was beaten by Angle, Sue Lowden. Heard it about Joe Miller and Nikki Haley too. Hell, the good old boys called Nikki a whore.

All this barking at the moon doesn’t change the fact that Mike Castle is the most radical leftist in the Republican party. The most reliable Obama vote out there.

It also doesn’t change the fact that he must be stopped at all cost. This guy is just a bridge too far.

What pisses me off is some of the same people selling their souls for this loser were out there trashing John McCain who is a statesman compared to Mike Castle.

Castle is a career politician who should have been ended long ago. His time is UP.

gary4205 on September 10, 2010 at 1:25 AM

And Castle may be a RINO, but to call him a Liberal is rather unfair.

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 12:43 AM

OK, whatever your disagreements with the real Jenfidel are, hijacking her account really is not appropriate.

RINO in Name Only on September 10, 2010 at 1:26 AM

“They only talked to 300 people and they have a huge margin of error.

Terrye on September 9, 2010 at 9:13 PM”

Heck, there’s only like 1,000 people in DE ;-)

the Dragon on September 9, 2010 at 9:22 PM

A 300 person sample for a population the size of Delaware gives you at least a 5.5% margin of error.

You would need more than 1000 to get the margin of error down to about 3%.

Dreadnought on September 10, 2010 at 1:34 AM

gary4205 on September 10, 2010 at 1:25 AM

I’m not a shill for anybody, pal. I’m saying what I believe just like you. Too bad you can’t be civil. Says a lot.

Dreadnought on September 10, 2010 at 1:39 AM

IMO a voter can get a good inkling (not tingle!) of how a potential politician will stand based on several factors:

-personal life history
-personal service history
-personal voting history
-positions on the issues
-invisible obligations to PACs
-personal work ethic
-endorsements from other trusted people
-willingness to maintain status quo

In every category but the first O’Donnell is closer to the TEA Party/Conservative ideal. Having lost my own house within the last 5 years, I also consider the first the least important. She’ll certainly be cleaner than a lot of (D)s we have in DC, and I’m far more interested in what she will do than what she has done.

rwenger43 on September 10, 2010 at 2:00 AM

Dreadnought on September 10, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Don’t remember calling you out “pal” but if the shoe fits….

BTW, when people are shilling for a liberty stealing turd like Mike Castle, the time for civility is long since passed.

gary4205 on September 10, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Id rather lose the seat and not win the Senate then hand another seat to a RINO like Castle.

Dont you conservatives get it? Every time Republicans get control of Congress but are stuck allowing RINOs like Snowe, Collins, and McCain….also, formerly, Specter and Bennett, to control the bargaining, the right ends up getting blamed (meaning Republicans as a whole)for their hideous judgment and bending over backward to “cross the aisle”. Eventually their games cause the American people to revolt from the party and give us the situation we are in now.

Its time to allow Americans to see a true difference in the parties and get rid of every single progressive Republican in the Senate and as many as possible in the House, (which is much more complicated, i know).

Castle will do us more harm than good in the long run. Id rather have 45 Conservative Senators than 50 Republican Senators, 5 of which back stab conservatism and destroy the party’s reputation as an alternative to the radical Democratic Party that exists today.

I guarantee that if we force Republicans Senatorial candidates to stick to conservative values we will never be in the predicament of having to pray for a Scott Brown miracle again….

RINOs kill Elephants.

alecj on September 10, 2010 at 3:01 AM

gary4205 on September 10, 2010 at 2:13 AM

gary, personal attacks should be way beneath you and it’s pitiful to use a political contest as an excuse to resort to same.

Frankly, I think less of folks who are willing to put their blind support behind an unelectable, unqualified and unlikable candidate like O’Donnell simply because she says she’s “conservative,” with no record or experience at all to back that up and a lot of history that says differently.
And that goes for everyone from Sarah Palin on down.

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 3:07 AM

gary4205 on September 10, 2010 at 1:25 AM

Sure, let’s elect a woman to the Senate who can’t even get a security clearance.

Real conservative.

Fooled by a talker, when has that happened before?

NoDonkey on September 10, 2010 at 3:24 AM

NoDonkey on September 10, 2010 at 3:24 AM

Why couldn’t she get security clearance?

Rocks on September 10, 2010 at 3:36 AM

Do you know what this means?

“The Republican Party of Delaware has . . . asked the FEC to launch an immediate and thorough investigation into conservative GOP candidate Christine O’Donnell ‘to remedy the alleged violations and to ensure that these violations immediately cease and do not reoccur,’ according to the complaint filed Thursday.”

It means that some time earlier today, after the Palin endorsement, Castle’s pollsters found their candidate trailing O’Donnell for the first time.

That’s what that means.

Emperor Norton on September 10, 2010 at 4:20 AM

Dreadnought on September 9, 2010 at 11:10 PM

His ACU record on election years are very different from his non-election years. but thanks for playing.

unseen on September 10, 2010 at 6:18 AM

Here’s the deal – she doesn’t give a flying f**k what anyone thinks on the left or the right and that is what makes her so different from other politicians.
Besides AP has been so wrong about Palin so many times that on this topic he is just a joke…

callingallcomets on September 10, 2010 at 6:40 AM

callingallcomets on September 10, 2010 at 6:40 AM

Thread winner. Better get used to that.

That’s what I love about her. I hope she doesn’t lose it.

B Man on September 10, 2010 at 6:53 AM

As with other Palin endorsements – I’ll donated my $50 to O’Donnell.

tgillian on September 10, 2010 at 7:58 AM

And that goes for everyone from Sarah Palin on down.

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 3:07 AM

Your characterization of O’Donnell supporters is distressing.

I don’t blindly support anyone. Just like we don’t blindly support Palin.

Usually, you’re the one who offers up fairly sound rebuttals to people for making such an allegation…but now you’re making it against people who don’t see things the way you do.

That disturbs me.

You want to talk about records? With all her faults, she has never supported or co-sponsored the FREEDOM STEALING legislation that Mike Castle has. THAT’S HIS RECORD.

As the famous quote goes… I think it’s from Buckley…I’d rather some random person from the phone book take that seat than someone who we KNOW has sponsored and supported anti-Constitutional legislation.

powerpro on September 10, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 3:07 AM

You are behaving like a classic democrat. So you know O Donnell is unelectable even before Republican primary voters have voted. And that she is unelectable. And unqualified. You are awesome.

antisocial on September 10, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Interesting analysis of COD v Castle here: The Ruling Class Hits Christine O’Donnell

“Former “Soviet dictator Mikhail Gorbachev tells us that in 1987 then vice president George H.W. Bush distanced himself from his own administration by telling him, “Reagan is a conservative, an extreme conservative. All the dummies and blockheads are with him…” “

slickwillie2001 on September 10, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Jenfidel said last week that she didn’t realize Castle was pro-abortion.

That’s how involved she is with the issues. And she’s telling me how to vote.

“I love the smell of desperation in the morning. Smells like victory.”

Akzed on September 10, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Castle’s TV ad says, “A fiscal conservative you can trust.”

That’s two lies.

Akzed on September 10, 2010 at 9:23 AM

slickwillie2001 on September 10, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Thanks for the link–very good article.

DrMagnolias on September 10, 2010 at 9:33 AM

That’s how involved she is with the issues. And she’s telling me how to vote.

I’m not telling you how to vote.
I’m telling you how I’d vote.

Glad to see Rush and Mark Levin and ‘Cuda, not only on the right side of this one, but with the guts to say so. Akzed on September 10, 2010 at 9:20 AM

Rush backed way off his semi-endorsement of her yesterday.
He sounded all too aware of Christine’s myriad problems and is not taking sides now for either Castle or Christine.
As for Levin and Sarah, this will tarnish their reputations somewhat.
Christine is unelectable, unsuitable and unstable.

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 9:40 AM

You are behaving like a classic democrat.

Nope, I’m behaving like a smart, involved and well-read citizen and American voter.

This is her 3rd race and she’s never been elected to any public office or even a private one, like a club officer.

And that she is unelectable. And unqualified. You are awesome.

antisocial on September 10, 2010 at 8:50 AM

Not so awesome if one is easily apprised of the facts:Sarah Palin endorses O’Donnell

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 9:44 AM

And I now know in detail that Castle is pro-choice, but he did vote twice for the partial birth abortion ban and against federal funding for abortions under Obamacare. Jenfidel

Yeah now you do, after you were told, after you said you didn’t know.

What state are you in?

Akzed on September 10, 2010 at 10:05 AM

alecj on September 10, 2010 at 3:01 AM

Amen, brother. Amen!

RedPepper on September 10, 2010 at 10:48 AM

The GOP made Sarah Palin their VP nominee. That is quite a bit of support.
Terrye on September 9, 2010 at 6:56 PM

You are right – the GOP picked her and since that day she has been nitpicked, bashed etc by many in the GOP. When they thought she could be of use to them they held back some, however once they lost we’ve heard an awful lot of “the loss was her fault, she was a loose cannon, she’s stupid, coming from the GOP insiders.

Jenfidel on September 10, 2010 at 12:47 AM

At the risk of you calling this comment a personal attack – as a fellow(?) Palin supporter I have to question your wholehearted defense of Palin when you perceive anyone attacking her, calling her stupid, blah, blah since on this thread you have done the exact same thing toward O Donnell. You have always objected to the personal insults of those who didn’t like Palin but now you seem unable to asee that your response to O’Donnell is pretty much the same as the PDS crowd.

katiejane on September 10, 2010 at 11:03 AM

The GOP made Sarah Palin their VP nominee. That is quite a bit of support.
Terrye on September 9, 2010 at 6:56 PM

katiejane on September 10, 2010 at 11:03 AM

Mark Levin made a similar point yesterday. Sure, they want the support and the enthusiasm that conservatism via the Tea Party brings…but DON’T ACTUALLY SEND THEM TO WASHINGTON!!!

They want the benefit of the excitement ginned up by the movement but not the actual conservatives themselves.

So sure…they were excited about Palin originally until she deigned to do more than draw people to the polls for the establishment. Now…she’s a liability.

As is any other crazy extremist (ie, Conservatives) who dare to actually do what they said…which is to take over from the establishment/ruling class/entitlement crowd/old guard.

powerpro on September 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM