Oh my: Chris Christie endorses Mike Castle

posted at 12:22 pm on September 3, 2010 by Allahpundit

In which Team Castle tosses tea partiers a curveball: If the right’s new rock star thinks he’s conservative enough, shouldn’t they think so too? I’m … not so sure they should, partly because Christie’s own “true conservative” credentials are slightly less radiant than they were three months ago (remember what he said about immigration and the Ground Zero mosque?) and partly because he’s laying it on awfully thick here. Granted, if you’re going to endorse someone, there’s no sense in holding back on praise. But Mike Castle, who voted for cap and trade, as a guy committed to “controlling spending” and “cutting back the size of government”? Seriously?

There is a reason to prefer Castle — very, very grudgingly — but we’ve already hashed that out. For further thoughts, see Gabe Malor, who wonders why any righty would rather see a Democrat win than a RINO, particularly when it could mean the difference between Democratic and Republican control of all-important Senate committees next year. The response to that argument is usually some variation on the idea that we’re one crushing defeat away from total victory — that if blue states aren’t ready to elect “true conservatives” yet, well, then it’s better to leave Democrats in control so that they can ruin the country even more and eventually produce a real conservative backlash. (Which, I guess, means we shouldn’t have supported RINO Scott Brown in January, since he spoiled Obama’s filibuster-proof majority.) The flaw in this reasoning, of course, is that some things are bound to go right for Democrats despite their dumbest efforts to prevent that from happening. The economy will start to speed up again, even with The One keeping his foot on the brake of the engine of growth (note the car metaphor!), and if the Democrats control Congress when it does, they’ll get plenty of credit from voters. You’re simply not going to get a map that’s completely red, any more than the idiot liberals who were high on Hopenchange two years ago were ever going to get a map that’s completely blue. And as I said yesterday, however much they may irritate you, RINOs are marginally better than Democrats. I recommend re-reading this Doctor Zero post from last year on that subject, after Glenn Beck suggested that McCain would have been worse for the country than Obama. Ain’t so, although it certainly is comforting to believe it.

Exit question: You know whose endorsement would really nail this down for Castle? Ahem.

Update: Further to Gabe’s point, here’s a new piece from Charlie Cook that’s set to drop tomorrow. Title: “The Senate’s In Play.” Do you want it or not?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

LOL now that would generate a 5000 post thread!

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM

LOL now that would generate a 5000 post thread!

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM

It would generate mass suicide.

Mark1971 on September 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM

And if you don’t agree you’re a liar…?

d1carter on September 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Like I’ve said before, if Castle votes to repeal ObamaCare, then I’m with him. A blue-state Democrat will never, ever vote that way. The rest is tangential.

Caiwyn on September 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Somehow I don’t see Gov. Palin endorsing Rep. Castle. No heroes to be had here.

Cindy Munford on September 3, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Caiwyn on September 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM

This mirrors my own thinking on the matter.

Inkblots on September 3, 2010 at 12:29 PM

People don’t bet on race horses based on friendliness. They bet on the s.o.b. who can win.

RBMN on September 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Exit Answer: Yes.

WisRich on September 3, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Christie/Brown 2012, the Hero Who Lost His Cape Ticket.

Bishop on September 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Allah you are being very naughty this Friday afternoon.

upinak on September 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM

LOL now that would generate a 5000 post thread!

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM

It would generate mass suicide.

Mark1971 on September 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Hot Air would achieve nirvana.

MadisonConservative on September 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Don’t funk this one up, Delaware!

Abby Adams on September 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM

If you haven’t recognized that politics frolics in logic’s grey area…you’ll be confused forever.

Castle is a RINO….but he is slightly left of center. The new conservative movement is still in its infancy and we’re only 18+ months after a full Democrat takeover. Good conservative candidates will be slim pickings.

In this climate, picking the lesser of two evils is applicable.

As a far as Christie, he suffers from the same issues Scott Brown does. Namely, quietly pushing his conservative ideology while maintaining a moderate facade amongst a traditionally liberal environment.

DLEW on September 3, 2010 at 12:32 PM

LOL now that would generate a 5000 post thread!

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM

It would generate mass suicide.

Mark1971 on September 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Hot Air would achieve nirvana.

MadisonConservative on September 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Allah would be High….

upinak on September 3, 2010 at 12:32 PM

BTW….meant right of center. Although some would say I was correct on the former.

DLEW on September 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Don’t funk this one up, Delaware!

Abby Adams on September 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Abby, we are talking about the east coast. These people are more like MA conservatives then anything. I mean, look at Brown.

upinak on September 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Let me clarify my previous post: Do I want the Senate even it means a Delaware RINO? Yes. Like Abby says, don’t screw the pouch.

WisRich on September 3, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Sometimes I wonder if some of these fanatical purists are just DNC plants wandering around the Conservative sites trying to foment discord. No one in their right mind — no Conservative, anyway, would want a Dem over a moderate Republican. Imagine, somehow, a Boxer/McCain matchup, or a Reid/McCain contest. Seriously people would not vote for McCain? C’mon. I don’t think some of these people would vote for Ronald Reagan if he were running today. As someone succinctly put it last night on this same topic: “Big Picture, people, big picture.”

cynccook on September 3, 2010 at 12:34 PM

… partly because Christie’s own “true conservative” credentials are slightly less radiant than they were three months ago

If I were a petty person I would search and find the comment I made on one of the “Cristie in 2012″ threads suggesting that people shouldn’t really be considering him the Conservative be-all-and-end-all.

katiejane on September 3, 2010 at 12:35 PM

And if you don’t agree you’re a liar…?

d1carter on September 3, 2010 at 12:28 PM

If you don’t agree about what? That RINOs are marginally better than Democrats? Compare Snowe’s and Collins’s voting records to the average Democrat’s. And mind you, Coons, because he’s a Democrat from a blue state like Delaware, wouldn’t be an “average Democrat.” He’d be liberal. That’s what you’re trading for here.

If you think RINOs and Democrats are completely indistinguishable, all you’re really saying is “I hate RINOs just as much as Democrats because they’re traitors.”

Allahpundit on September 3, 2010 at 12:35 PM

OT: Convicted Disease Doc Questioned in MIA Scare

scientist specializing in infectious diseases who was once charged with smuggling dangerous samples of plague bacteria into the U.S

Butler had been coming from Saudi Arabia and was en route to his home in Texas when the suspicious item was spotted in his luggage as it went through customs

Butler had been on the faculty at Texas Tech since the late 80s until his arrest in 2003 on charges of smuggling and improperly transporting the plague samples, as well as theft, embezzlement and fraud. Butler told police that 30 vials containing the samples had been stolen from his lab.

He’s currently listed as a faculty member at Alfaisal University in Saudi Arabia.

Very curious. I hope we don’t ask too many questions.

faraway on September 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I reiterate from the headlines:

This is quickly approaching the Arizona scenario, where you’ve got a RINO’s only competition being an unacceptable candidate – with the only difference being that the unacceptable candidate further has zero chance of actually being elected against an uber-lib in the general (it was pretty much accepted in AZ that the GOP primary winner would win the election, not the case here).

This should be a no-brainer. Back the RINO and be glad he doesn’t vote against you more than 30-40% of the time as opposed to a dyed-in-the-wool liberal who will vote against you all of the time.

You can’t always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find, you get what you need.

Delaware’s a deep blue state, a lot like Massachusetts. We may WANT all the solid, reliable, tea party conservatives that we can get, but like AP and Ace said – make Delaware purple first. You NEED do that with the RINOs.

Red Cloud on September 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I think Castle is a less than ideal candidate. That being said unfortunately O Donnell doesn’t have a snow balls chance in hell to win against the Dem.

sandee on September 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM

LOL now that would generate a 5000 post thread!

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM
It would generate mass suicide.

Mark1971 on September 3, 2010 at 12:27 PM
Hot Air would achieve nirvana.

MadisonConservative on September 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Allah would be High….

upinak on September 3, 2010 at 12:32 PM

He might even decide that it is time to tell the world he is really Glen Beck’s alter ego!! *I kid*

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if Palin did endorse Castle. It’d be a great opening to promote a “big tent” message.

cthulhu on September 3, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Now I’d prefer somebody more conservative… But just like I’d take McCain over Obama and hold my nose, I’ll take a RINO over ObamaSocialism any day.

Skywise on September 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I don’t this guy deserves the tile of “Fat Reagan”. There was been very few Reagans….sigh

Oil Can on September 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I DO want the Repubs to take back the Senate.

It’s a numbers game. The majority Party controls the agenda, calendar, AND subpeonas!!!!

Justrand on September 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM

And another thing. Just read that Murk in Alaska is still trying to find a way to run as a Libertarian. O’Donnell is floating a third party run if she loses here. Way to go. Let’s shoot ourselves in the foot…

sandee on September 3, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Allahpundit on September 3, 2010 at 12:35 PM

QFT. Tell it, AP.

For the record, the only RINO that was ever completely indistinguishable from Democrats was Lincoln Chafee. I celebrated when he lost to Sheldon Whitehouse – RI was ending the charade in that case.

Mike Castle isn’t Linc Chafee. He’s not Jim DeMint, but Jim DeMint doesn’t win in Delaware. Joe Biden does.

Red Cloud on September 3, 2010 at 12:38 PM

LOL now that would generate a 5000 post thread!

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Dude that would cause HA’s servers to go supernova!!

JohnGalt23 on September 3, 2010 at 12:39 PM

The Maine twins do need some company, I guess, and, it does make every vote more exciting.

a capella on September 3, 2010 at 12:39 PM

If Chris Christie says it’s about to snow in July, you put on your coat, dammit!
Totally agree. This cut off your nose to spite your face crap is juvenile. You wanna be juvenile? I’m sure there are still spare Hope and Change bumper stickers lying around somewhere for you. Put the RINO in… and then make him sit next to Joe Miller at every meeting. He’ll get smarter and more conservative by osmosis.

Sugar Land on September 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Meh. Just proves Christie isn’t ready for The Big House just yet.

A “Fat Reagan” he is not.

UltimateBob on September 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Christine has a little RINO slime on her right now. I say back her for now.

faraway on September 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Believe me, Mark Levin will sing a different tune when the (R)s control the Senate and Obama’s THIRD Supeme Court nominee comes up. Because one day I think he will pick an absolute doozy a-la MichelleMyBelle or Bubba. Maybe ex Senator Boxer?

Marcus on September 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Meh. Just proves Christie isn’t ready for The Big House just yet.

A “Fat Reagan” he is not.

UltimateBob on September 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM

But the lying, unserious fool of a candidate who will get KILLED in a general election that you back is?

LOL

Good Lt on September 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Not everyone in this country is a die-hard, ultra Conservative like all of us here are (LOLS). Does that mean that super-Conservatives can’t work together with moderate Conservatives to make this country great again? Of course not. Look, when I’m making cookies, they taste just as good if I use a little less sugar or a little more sugar than the recipe calls for. It amazes me that people get so wee-wee’d up (see here) over this. I don’t live in Delaware, but from what I can ascertain, O’Donnell reads as a real flake. My God, people, there’s a chance that DELAWARE could elect a Republican to the Senate. Maybe a Delaware Republican is not as conservative as a Texas Republican, but still!

cynccook on September 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I’d buy the argument if Castle was just a RINO and not a full blown Liberal. You can convince me why I shouldn’t vote for O’Donnell but I don’t think you can for Castle. The only logical argument being made here is stay home, because you are going to get a Liberal Senator anyway.

Rocks on September 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Oil Can on September 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Perhaps my memory is foggy but I don’t recall Reagan’s supporters drawing analogies to some famous president as evidence he was the one. People were obviously drawn to him and based on the electoral results generally trusted him. It wasn’t until he completed his first term and arguably his second before his greatness was acknowledged.
He proved to be the right man for the times we lived in then.

We don’t need another Reagan – we need the right man or woman for the present times.

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Allahpundit on September 3, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I’m not sure that I even disagree with you, AP. But I don’t think jumping into the comments and calling those who do, liars, helps the discourse. Your site, I’ve only been here since day one, and I have never seen that before.

d1carter on September 3, 2010 at 12:45 PM

upinak on September 3, 2010 at 12:33 PM

I know. Which is why they should nominate Castle, and take the Senate seat with ease. I don’t want them funking it up.

It’s like missing an extra point in football. It should be a sure thing, but sometimes an idiot like Tony Romo (re: people opposing Castle in favor of O’Donnell) flubs the snap, and the Cowboys are eliminated from the playoffs.

Abby Adams on September 3, 2010 at 12:45 PM

He’ll get smarter and more conservative by osmosis.

Sugar Land on September 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM

LOL! I hereby nominate you to assume the Official Senate Seating Chart Organizer position.

cynccook on September 3, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Oh, and once again, so nobody can ever claim that they didn’t know about the quality of the candidate in question here:

The Train Wreck Interview by which All Future Train Wreck Interviews Will Be Judged

Did I mention she pays her rent with campaign contributions?

JohnGalt23 on September 3, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Christine has a little RINO slime on her right now. I say back her for now.

faraway on September 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Blue dress and Clinton came to mind reading what you wrote.

upinak on September 3, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Abby Adams on September 3, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Keep in mind, Abby… most people in Delaware think the Cowboys blowing a playoff chance is glorious.

(I know I do… GO IGGLES!!)

JohnGalt23 on September 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Believe me, Mark Levin will sing a different tune when the

Marcus on September 3, 2010 at 12:43 PM

And you think the R Majority Senate will not give that nominee an up or down floor vote? And Mike Castle won’t vote for that nominee just like Snowe and Collins? Keep dreaming.

Rocks on September 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM

Christine has a little RINO slime on her right now. I say back her for now.

faraway on September 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM

To what end? Driving RINOs out of the party? Did we learn nothing from Massachusetts? Do we in general not understand that if we didn’t have the Maine twins we’d have two more deep blue liberals in the Senate?

Alaska and Utah were perfect states for driving RINOs away. We don’t need RINOs there. We don’t need RINOs in Texas. We don’t need RINOs in Kansas. THAT’S where you want to go RINO hunting.

Red Cloud on September 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM

You’re on early AP? What’s the deal?

Apologetic California on September 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Abby Adams on September 3, 2010 at 12:45 PM

You are right. But I don’t blow a game just for the hell of it or the fact someone needs a ring.

upinak on September 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Who???

ROFL!!! Just trying to add my own warped levity to the mix. :D lol

capejasmine on September 3, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Rocks on September 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM

You assume the nominee would make it out of the committee. If you cede majority the dems that would happen and you could test your Castle theory. If the GOP gets majority I doubt you would get a chance to test the theory.

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 12:49 PM

BOY am I glad Christie is making the moves and NOT these Hayworth freaks who would send our party into oblivion. Strategy is the key. Not every locality is die hard conservative.

conservador on September 3, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Mr. Castle is about as conservative as you’re going to get in DE. Paraphrasing Reagan, if someone’s my 80% friend it doesn’t mean he’s my 20% enemy. If the Reublicans don’t win the Senate, I have four words for you: Senate Majority Leader Schumer.

I’d support Castle.

RPL on September 3, 2010 at 12:50 PM

cynccook on September 3, 2010 at 12:44 PM

But if you mix in a little RINO dust, the cookies taste like poop.

faraway on September 3, 2010 at 12:50 PM

[Justrand on September 3, 2010 at 12:37 PM]

Agreed. And it sets in plain view a fight between Obama and Republicans, not a squabble between the House and the Senate, and this will (will, if they play it well) benefit R’s in 2012.

And it’s not just control of some all important committees, but all committees.

Lastly holding both the House and the Senate means R’s control the reconciliation process from both ends for all bills.

Dusty on September 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Allah, a lot of the thinking from some conservatives who would rather see a Dem than a RINO is that if a RINO wins, the voters will become complacent. RINOs put a bad face on conservatism. Bush nearly destroyed conservatism in the eyes of the public because many people believe he was very conservative… when in reality he was rather middling.

So I understand the sentiment. People are worried voters will elect RINOs and then just stop pushing for conservative solutions.

Personally, I think it’s a valid fear, but it’s never going to change the problem with Delaware, which is that the right candidate does not exist. There is no popular conservative in Delaware because Delaware’s electorate is hostile to conservatives. We’re always going to have to take what we can get. Barring a miracle candidate like Chris Christie showing up, that’s not going to change (and honestly, how many conservatives were really excited about Christie before he took office? Not many).

So we take Castle and we get true conservatives in red states in the next Senate go-round, like we did in Alaska.

Caiwyn on September 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Red Cloud on September 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM

It was just admitted on talkradio via a caller that the conservative party kicking Murkowski out of the seat would probably lead to having a Dem take her seat… and they didn’t care if Miller was unable to get the seat.

Nice to know these “smart people” cut off their nose to spite their face.

upinak on September 3, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Before the last election I and many others knew that electing Obama would be the worst thing for the country, but the best thing for the Republican party.

In the upcoming election I think the worst thing for the Republican party would be to own both houses of Congress. Why? Because this economy is not going to be getting better anytime soon and with such small margins the Republicans won’t be able to affect any kind of change. But you can be sure the Dems will tie this economy right back around our neck.

So to me Castle is useless.

jmell7 on September 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Fair point, although commenters say all sorts of things (including dumping on me) that theoretically doesn’t “help the discourse.” If it’s a lie that RINOs are perfectly equivalent to Democrats, why shouldn’t I call it that?

Allahpundit on September 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM

jmell7 on September 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM

At some point it would be nice to see the conservative purists go on record as saying the country really is not as bad off as they say since gaming for purity should trump getting majorities that can put the brakes on some of the changes in play right now.

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 12:54 PM

This is really tough. I mean, this IS the NE coast after all. We’re limited in what we can get into office. Or am I wrong?

But Cap and Trade? Of ALL the things to vote for???

Dash on September 3, 2010 at 12:54 PM

[UltimateBob on September 3, 2010 at 12:41 PM]

Oh, Reagan never supported moderates?

Dusty on September 3, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I’d support Castle.

RPL on September 3, 2010 at 12:50 PM

BS. Mike Castle isn’t Conservative at all. He’s a Liberal. A big government, EPA and Education Department creating, Rockefeller Liberal. Scott Brown won in Mass and even he is more conservative than Castle. Mike Castle has an F rating from the NRA. An F rating is required in DE? BS. And what is Schumer going to accomplish with 40 solid votes for a filibuster?

Rocks on September 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM

(I know I do… GO IGGLES!!)

JohnGalt23 on September 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM

I do too, actually. But I can’t get behind the Eagles either. Sorry. More of an AFC fan.

Abby Adams on September 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Allahpundit on September 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM

AP never called d1carter a liar. d1carter merely asked if having a different view made one a liar. And, it doesn’t it: disagreeing with something is not the same as lying — it’s merely disagreeing! Geez, people, you should be dancing in the streets! Go read a Rasmussen poll or something!

cynccook on September 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Rocks on September 3, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Don’t forget the next replaced will be Ruth Bad Girl Ginsberg and if you think the Democrats will settle for anything less than a Boxer in her place—-

Marcus on September 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I don’t like RINOs but the alternative is unthinkable at this point. If we’re going to go on a RINO hunt I’d like to set our sights in Maine.

Buy Danish on September 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Allahpundit on September 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM

One man’s RINO is another man’s “real conservative”…The term “RINO” has more definitions than “amnesty”. It all depends on who’s playbook you’re going by.

JetBoy on September 3, 2010 at 12:58 PM

It seems that some want ideological purity more than moving the country in the right direction. Sometimes you have to start with baby steps.

rbj on September 3, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Allahpundit on September 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I think there are plenty of commenters on both sides of this particular issue to hash this out. I just reacted to what I thought was a little heavy handedness by one so magnanimous as you. I’ll move on.

d1carter on September 3, 2010 at 12:58 PM

cynccook on September 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM

He’s talking about yesterday’s Headlines thread, where I did indeed say that it’s a lie that RINOs are perfectly equivalent to Democrats. And you known what? It is a lie.

Allahpundit on September 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Oh, Reagan never supported moderates?

Dusty on September 3, 2010 at 12:55 PM

How exactly is Mike Castle a moderate?

Rocks on September 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM

So to me Castle is useless.

jmell7 on September 3, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I think I agree given where we are right now. Purity is best for this November.

faraway on September 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Buy Danish on September 3, 2010 at 12:57 PM

That’s actually a very good point, because she has actually already had lots of opportunities to prove that she is evolving as a Republican and frankly, results are not that good. Still, watch what happens when Congress turns Red, she may yet come around (a little).

cynccook on September 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Normally I think it’s a bad idea by sore loosers to run third party, but when the republican machine runs against you in the primary instead of letting the people descide, all bets are off. Castle is a reliable democrat vote. No true conservative could pull the lever for this guy.

wheelgun on September 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM

AP, I gotta say, you are far more involved in this topic than any other I’ve seen.

Out of curiosity, are you a Fightin’ Blue Hen?

(Not that i really expect an answer…)

JohnGalt23 on September 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM

I think I agree given where we are right now. Purity is best for this November.

faraway on September 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM

I doubt you will be saying that if a conservative SC justice decides to step down and nothing you do or say will stop the balance from going 5-4 conservative to 5-4 liberal…

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM

Not that I can vote in DE but if Palin endorsed Castle then I would change my position since she is politically savvy and knows way more than me… But I don’t see it happening… He’s too liberal…

CCRWM on September 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM

In my opinion, Castle would be far better than the Dem. And that is what we’d get if O’Donnell is the nominee. Fiorina is kind of squishy….should we just hope Boxer wins that too? I don’t understand the logic that says 80%, or even 60%, isn’t good enough when 0% is the alternative.

changer1701 on September 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM

Castle looks like he’s on deaths door.

darwin on September 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Beat the Dems, then worry about the RINO minority.

The Obamacare issue needs to be addressed by Castle.

But beat the Dems is most vital.

Their folly needs to be humbled.

profitsbeard on September 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Palin would be stupid to get into this primary on Castle side. she would be nuts to get into it on O’donnell’s side.

It does her no good either way. She endosres Castle she opens herself up to the charge of RINO lover and shades of the fight she started with McCain come to the fore….she endorses O’donnell and the establsisment will make her number 1. Knowing rino’s they will forget the dems and concentrate all their attacks on Palin’s endorsements in the general.

Nope Palin is showing she is smarter than Chirstie by staying away.

As far as the NJ gov. He might be a fiscasl conservative but he lost my vote and support for any type of national office. 3 strikes and he is out.

immigrations GZM and now castle. Christie showing that yes a RINO can be a fiscal conservative but at the end of the day a RINO is a RINO.

unseen on September 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM

rbj on September 3, 2010 at 12:58 PM

You seem to suggest that having RINOs will move the country in the right direction.

Having purity now, and some patience, may pay off bigger, later.

faraway on September 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM

Based on what? Cuba?

Ronnie on September 3, 2010 at 1:04 PM

It does her no good either way.

Yep, true enough.

Allahpundit on September 3, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Beat the Dems, then worry about the RINO minority.
profitsbeard on September 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM

good advice but you missed the fact that RINO’s are the majority not the minority of the present Bush gop.

unseen on September 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Castle looks like he’s on deaths door.

darwin on September 3, 2010 at 1:03 PM

He’s 71. If (heaven forbid!) something happened to him in the next 6 years, this process could start over from scratch. Christine O’Donnell would presumably be in debtor’s prison by then, so I wonder who the Republicans could run if they had to have a special election?

cynccook on September 3, 2010 at 1:05 PM

How exactly is Mike Castle a moderate?

[Rocks on September 3, 2010 at 12:59 PM]

How about a LT ACU rating of 52.5 and a 56 for 2009.

As for this persuadable rating, I’d rank that pretty high, too, so if he wins he’s persuadable.

Dusty on September 3, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Actually. thanks to the same geniuses who are pushing O’Donnell- the Tea Party Express- it’ll probably be majority Leader Reid. Rasmussen has Angle down 3 points this morning, and Reid at 50.

Jon0815 on September 3, 2010 at 1:07 PM

changer1701 on September 3, 2010 at 1:02 PM

80% is fine 60% is dicy But castle is around 30-40% at best.

unseen on September 3, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I’ve read that Castle doesn’t support repealing ObamaCare, and his website doesn’t mention it on the issues page…. Isn’t opposition to ObamaCare a must?

El_Terrible on September 3, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 1:01 PM

You cannot be serious that you think electing Mike Castle will have any bearing on the SC. I’ll guarantee he’ll vote to confirm every liberal appointee. In other areas you may be right…but not on SC nominees.

jmell7 on September 3, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Comparing Joe Miller to O’Donnel. is an insult to Joe Miller. This woman couldn’t get her degree cus she directly owed the school money. I’ve never heard of stuff like that. the school held her degree, until she personally paid $4,000. She only earned $6,000 last year. What the hell was she doing. I’m still a student, and I earned way more than that. She uses campaign funds to pay her rent. She thinks people are following her home at night to assault her…and then, she lies about EVERYTHING.

Who the hell lies about how many counties they won. I mean, this is on wikipedia. Any idiot can see it there, but she lied about it. Then she wouldn’t admit she lied about it. What the hell is going on here. This is somebody who some conservative morons somehow think is fit for the senate? What the hell is going on here.

I am a student, and I am more qualified than her. I can at least manage my money. UCSD didn’t hold me diploma hostage when I graduated, cus I paid my fees on time. I made money than her last yr, and to top it all off, I’m not a delusional liar. Is this how far we have fallen, that we have idiots like Angle, JD, and this moron representing us.

Angle, I can respect. She has foot-in-the-mouth disease, but she is not a bad person. She means well. JD is a crook and just downright slimy, but he at least knows he is caught, and apologizes. This woman is worse than both combined.

Joe Miller was an officer in the gulf. He won the bronze star. He got a law degree from an Ivy league college. He has a law practice, and is well respected in the community. O’Donnell is no Joe Miller, and comparing both is an insult to Joe Miller.

Anybody supporting this woman is nuts.

Chudi on September 3, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Always endorse the Republican in a Blue State.

portlandon on September 3, 2010 at 1:10 PM

In other areas you may be right…but not on SC nominees.

jmell7 on September 3, 2010 at 1:08 PM

You don’t get it. If the GOP gets majority control they control the freaking judiciary committee. Castle won’t be on that committee. If the Dems get majority they control the committee and whoever Obama wants will get put up for a up/down vote by the entire senate for confirmation.

Bradky on September 3, 2010 at 1:11 PM

You’re on early AP? What’s the deal?
Apologetic California on September 3, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Allah is on call 24/7 for all RINO and Palin posts.

joejm65 on September 3, 2010 at 1:11 PM

El_Terrible on September 3, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Repealing ObamaCare is Job#1. We need strong conservatives.

faraway on September 3, 2010 at 1:11 PM

you say that like its a bad thing in the era of 10% unemployment and looking like gridlock is coming to the government in the form of a GOp lead house. Would a liberal face as head of the Senate be better for the GOP’s chances in 2012 or would a Mitch McConnell give voters confidence that the GOP is in the best interest of the nation.

unseen on September 3, 2010 at 1:12 PM