Video: The obligatory “Jan Brewer freezes up during the debate” clip

posted at 3:55 pm on September 2, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Ben Smith, it’s well and truly painful — but endearing too. Reminds me a little of that “singing candidate” from Rhode Island, in fact, minus the nuttiness: As much as you might cringe, we can all relate to the goofy humanity of the moment. Alternate headline: “Jan Brewer to win reelection by 15 points now instead of 20.”

Actually, she sounds a bit like a beta male out on a first date. Or so I’m told. Ahem.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

The straight-jacket of panic. Been there, done that.

How come this never strikes Chuck Schumer?

Potfry on September 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM

How come this never strikes Chuck Schumer?

Potfry on September 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM

My guess? Hours upon hours in front of the camera, not to mention the mirror.

carbon_footprint on September 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM

She’s changed “everything”? Why seek another term?

myrenovations on September 2, 2010 at 4:07 PM

So democratics don’t have the opportunity to change it back?

slickwillie2001 on September 2, 2010 at 6:01 PM

I can’t resist:

She looked like an illegal immigrant caught in search lights.

Potfry on September 2, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Ouch. I like this woman, but that really was painful. I’ve seen her on Hannity and other national stages and she’s always calm and cool and very good at getting her point across. I can see the headline on the NY Times now: “Brewer Apparently Suffering from Alzheimers.”

Dopenstrange on September 2, 2010 at 6:02 PM

This is nothing. I watched it twice in case I missed the big deal, but it’s just not there. Nice smile, looks like she uses Joe Bite-Me’s dentist.

slickwillie2001 on September 2, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Senior moment.

At least she didn’t attempt to cover by pulling some wild political fact out of her ass like 500 to 1,000 to a million new jobs

The Ugly American on September 2, 2010 at 6:04 PM

slickwillie2001 on September 2, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Uh, maybe your video skipped. There’s about 5 seconds of excruciating silence toward the beginning when she looks like she’s praying for a rogue trolley car to put her out of her misery.

Potfry on September 2, 2010 at 6:12 PM

This does not look so bad to me.
A similar event happened to once in a jury trial, which still turned out well.
Would we rather have an almost-always smooth talking liar?

GaltBlvnAtty on September 2, 2010 at 6:34 PM

How come this never strikes Chuck Schumer?

Potfry on September 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Body snatchers don’t freeze up.

wraithby on September 2, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Not NEARLY as bad as THIS

lsutiger on September 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM

That’s what anecdotes are for… which reminds me of a story…

Mojave Mark on September 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Good at speaking from the heart and bad at the bs process part of speaking, much like Bush.

Inanemergencydial on September 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM

This would have been a bigger deal had she not already been governor, proven she’s competent, popular and a fighter. As of now, it makes her look human and perhaps more endearing to the majority that already support her.

Daemonocracy on September 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Come on… She was resisting making a statement about her having basically told Obama to shove something up his kister… The next thing she says is a dead give away…She goes right into a little diddy about pushing hard against the fed and Obama care.
That was no brain fart, that was pre-mouth engagement editing of her natural instinct to call a jackass, a jackass.

RalphyBoy on September 3, 2010 at 2:11 AM

I left Arizona… actually I have to travel back for business quite often… but I am out of touch there right now. That said, this election is about so much more than this.

I’m really starting to be afraid for Arizona. Janet Napolitano is going after all her enemies. They are dragging Sheriff Joe across the coals. I don’t know if everything he has done is perfect. I mean he makes inmates wear pink underwear! He is bound to have cross some lines. But I know he is the about only one in America who is really willing to fight the good fight against the Drug Cartels.

I think the first state to lose sovereignty under Obama is going to be Arizona. This is really getting scary.

petunia on September 3, 2010 at 2:25 AM

Sometimes it’s hard not to say what you’re really thinking. She and I are of the same generation and we grew up with the Bambi philosophy of not saying anything unless you could find something nice to say. Not much nice to say about the regime except the kids are cute. Bless her heart.

Kissmygrits on September 3, 2010 at 9:18 AM

She was searching for a way to express deep feelings she has for Arizona, the United States and the people. Any body can flap their gums. If a person has something to say I will wait but a guy like Bite Me just turns my ears off.

Herb on September 3, 2010 at 2:54 PM