Oh yes: First “Hillary 2012″ ad hits the airwaves

posted at 5:09 pm on September 2, 2010 by Allahpundit

No no no, of course she’s not behind it. It’s some random Hillary fan who’s paying for it. Or is it?

The commercial was paid for by a Chicago dentist named William DeJean.

When asked why he put the ad up, DeJean told CNN Thursday that “I’m a dentist and I don’t think this country is headed in the right direction.”

Regarding Clinton, DeJean says “I think she is the most qualified.”

DeJean adds that he thinks people are having buyer’s remorse about President Barack Obama and says the current administration is ruining the Democratic Party. He says he spent $5,000 to create the commercial and tells CNN that besides New Orleans, the ad will run in Washington, New York and Los Angeles, and possible Houston. DeJean says he chose to first run the ad in New Orleans because he’s a native of the city and because the city’s in the news due to the fifth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.

I’ve explained before why the idea of a Hillary primary challenge to The One will never, ever happen, but darn it, as a former supporter of Operation Chaos and a professional Obama critic, I’m duty bound to hype the living shinola out of this thing. Especially since I’m convinced that if Hillary were president now instead of The One, not only would her policies have been substantially similar to his — unless, of course, she wisely decided to table health-care reform in order to concentrate on unemployment instead — but that public opposition to her would be even more intense than it is to O. As much as I like her personally, I think much of the public finds her a lot easier to demonize than Bambi. (And I’d bet dollars to donuts that most Clinton insiders agree.) Imagine all the Hillary-as-the-Joker “socialism” posters we’ve missed out on, my friends. Hypothetical approval rating at this point in her term: I’d guess 36-37 percent, if she’s lucky.

In honor of the first woman to ever seriously contend for the presidency, I leave you with this piece at NRO about liberal feminists rallying to the defense of … Sarah Palin. Good work, Vanity Fair: You’ve finally given the left a reason to defend their least favorite conservative.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Whitewatergate, cattle futures, FBI files, and Vince Foster.

fourdeucer on September 2, 2010 at 6:23 PM

fourdeucer: Commerce Sectretary Ron Browns airplane
accident!!:)

canopfor on September 2, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Whitewatergate, cattle futures, FBI files, and Vince Foster.

fourdeucer on September 2, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Plus she is dumber than a hammer..:)

Dire Straits on September 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM

That cost $5,000? I could have made that in a half-hour on a 20-year-old Amiga.

[...]

The Lone Platypus on September 2, 2010 at 5:52 PM

The picture chosen to represent Hilary is especially interesting. It seems to emphasize her age as well as the effects of stress on the skin surrounding the mouth and eyes. Definitely gives her that craggy, elder statesman look. You know, gravitas and all.

ExpressoBold on September 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Commerce Sectretary Ron Browns airplane
accident!!:)

canopfor on September 2, 2010 at 6:26 PM

And the surgeon general Jocelyn Elders!

fourdeucer on September 2, 2010 at 6:32 PM

If Gov. Palin runs, expect it.

Speakup on September 2, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Don’t you know? Hillary, yes Hillary and not Obama is gonna usher in Mid East peace? At least according to this

really fawning report

I just heard on ABC.

Sharr on September 2, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Where theres a Hill theres a way? Stoopid!

sonnyspats1 on September 2, 2010 at 7:14 PM

As much as I like her personally

Why? Is it her natural warmth? Her genuine concern for the little guy? That sweet, kindly voice she uses on the campaign trail (or the ghetto girl voice she uses at black churches)? The way she treated White House staff and the Secret Service with such respect and dignity? Do you just like a lady who cusses like a sailor? Is it the pantsuits? One could, I suppose, respect Shrillery’s political talents, but for the life of me I simply cannot imagine why anyone would “like her personally.” There just isn’t anything there to like. She’s coarse and vulgar and angry and shrill. Heck, her own husband can’t stand her. I don’t think her Princess Bride kid is very fond of her either. Really? “As much as I like her personally…”? This throws me. This really throws me. Consider me flummoxed.

Rational Thought on September 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Worth repeating on page two. BTW, how many FBI files did she have squirreled away? 1000 or so? Didn’t Chuck Colson go to prison for having one in his possession?

Extrafishy on September 2, 2010 at 7:28 PM

He paid someone to make that ad? I could have done that in Windows Live Movie Maker in about 45 minutes.

ButterflyDragon on September 2, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I don’t know her personally and find the thought of liking her, distasteful. However, I would have voted for her over McCain and Barack Obama.
I can not, right now, stand the thought of having to watch this witch campaign for president for two years.
The reason is all the stuff already mentioned. There is not one virtuous bone in that woman’s body as evidenced by her past. We have shyster going strong already with Obama do we really need a Clinton back?

ORconservative on September 2, 2010 at 7:34 PM

macncheez on September 2, 2010 at 6:24 PM

You scamp.

CPT. Charles on September 2, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Hey, if they can roll out another Clinton campaign then it’s Jeb/2012 for me.

pedestrian on September 2, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Although it would be “looking back” campaigning…
I’d love to see a few ads on the “dirty primary vote-stacking tricks.”

Preetay puleease.

Lockstein13 on September 2, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I’ve said it before and I’ll be saying it OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN (for the next 2 1/2 years).

The reason that HILLARY played nicey-nice with the DOTus is because the Progressive powers that be have her in waiting, building her resume as PALIN INSURANCE. Obama gets’ so damaged for the Progressive cause that he has to either pick her for VP or she flat out gets the nomination without a fight, or with one (I think without).

THE PROGRESSIVES WILL NOT GIVE UP POWER PEACEFULLY…..and if Obama gets swept away to his rightful “dustbin of history” in a 2012 sweep by Palin then get ready for EXECUTIVE ORDERS like you have never seen in your life as he leaves office.

Is this just crazy talk from an old Hillbilly like me?

he he. DON’T DOUBT THE PAPPY. :-)

PappyD61 on September 2, 2010 at 7:41 PM

The same stupid dips**ts will vote for her, she is an admitted progresssive, was for Obamacare before Obama was, has the same left wing friends (George Soros daughter threw her daughters wedding) I don’t know if she is an idealog like Obama but she is damm close.

I know for sure she is a carpetbagger, and power hungry, are we doomed to have these blind stupid voters repeat the same mistake again??

I pray not.

concernedsenior on September 2, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Hillary is so fun to think about….

Her nefarious financial connections to convicted fraudsters Hsu and Nemazee…

Her Triad contacts…

And the general abuse she hands to her staff…

Can’t forget the satellite tech to the PRC! Or that Russian CV that one of her friends helped to leverage over to them…

Plus getting Peter Paul some nice time in a S. American prison!

Yes, please do run Hillary! We all want to remember those swell times of the 90′s all over again.

ajacksonian on September 2, 2010 at 9:11 PM

By all means…

… The Saudi’s own Billy, and Cankles has so many skeletons in the closet that they are housed at the Smithsonian.

… I think these two and thier entourage have done enough damage to this country.

Seven Percent Solution on September 2, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Hmm, Hillary Clinton vs. Sarah Palin for President in 2012…That would be some big catnip for Allahpundit.

BDU-33 on September 2, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Bravo. What was the name of that travelgate guy…Dean? Billy?

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 5:37 PM

Billy Dale

Barnestormer on September 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Barnestormer on September 2, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Thanks so much! I’m gonna follow your link….

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM

You’re welcome. It was a pretty tawdry episode. And just another example of David Geffen’s observation: “Everyone in politics lies, but [the Clintons] do it with such ease, it’s troubling.

Barnestormer on September 2, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Yup… I saw a brand new Hillary for Prez bumper sticker today… I wondered if the Obama sticker had been scraped off, er just covered up.

RalphyBoy on September 3, 2010 at 2:02 AM

..called the number..no answer.

Must’ve been three o’clock in the morning where she was.

The War Planner on September 3, 2010 at 2:10 AM

PappyD61 on September 2, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I actually think you’re right. Clinton IS Palin insurance. Only problem is, in this country where looks matter a lot.
Who you think’s gonna win?

I think Hillary is over. If the dems continue their breathtaking stupidity, maybe they’ll (quietly, wouldn’t wanna lose the black vote that fast) ask her to run. but she’ll lose.

Palin has become very impressive lately. She’s grown into a bigger role. Once the country really sees her as she really is, I think it’s over. And the thing is, Palin can only improve.

Obama doing a flurry of EO’s and hideous pardons does worry me tho. And I’ve never really thought of that till you posted it.

He will lash out at this country after the mid terms if the dems lose a lot. He’ll lash out like a little baby.
Then as he leaves in ’12, (especially if in fact beaten by HER) he will no doubt give this country the 2 finger salute.
EO’s will come fast n furious.

B Man on September 3, 2010 at 5:58 AM

Whitewatergate, cattle futures, FBI files, and Vince Foster.

fourdeucer on September 2, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Plus she is dumber than a hammer..:)

Dire Straits on September 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Not to mention, incompetent as NY Senator, and Secretary of State.

diogenes on September 3, 2010 at 6:12 AM

Table health care to concentrate on employment? Surely you jest. She and Zero are fellow travelers, both have D behind their names and both will do anything to obtain and retain power.

Kissmygrits on September 3, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Hillary 2012! Because after 8 10 years of failed Boooshh policies and unfettered capitalism, what our country needs is 4 more years of failed marxism.

long_cat on September 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM

WRONG Allah! (See Kennedy-Carter)

The head honcho’s at the DNC see a massive loss this November. You can bet the backroom will be giving a lot of thought to removing THE ONE, via a challenge to Barry’ candidacy in 2012.

Remember when Barry said “You’ve got me!”. Maybe not.

GarandFan on September 3, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Good lord, how is this woman remotely qualified?

She has ZERO executive experience.

She has pretty much the same flaws as Barry and is somehow even more irritating.

She’s made a dog’s breakfast of every job she’s had and she’s a bald-faced liar to boot.

Democrats are just absolute lunatics, that’s all there is to say.

NoDonkey on September 3, 2010 at 10:19 AM

As much as I like her personally,

Ummm….What? Care to expound on why you like Shrillary, AP? (Other than her daughter turned out kinda hot…)

And Gob, I am sooo going to use ‘Her Thighness’ from now on…hope you don’t mind!

Battlecruiser-operational on September 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Battlecruiser-operational on September 3, 2010 at 11:01 AM

Hee-hee! feel free…I nicked it from Mark Levin (The Great One!)

Gob on September 3, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Mark Levin…Sounds familiar. Is he one of Rush’s stable of ‘Marks’ that he has as sub-host when he’s out? Seems like every time I tune in there’s another Mark subbing for him. (Would it kill him to have a Luke or Matthew sub every now and then?!?)

Battlecruiser-operational on September 3, 2010 at 11:33 AM

Another BHO accomplishment; he has really lowered the bar for presidential qualifications. This guy made it through dental school so he can’t be a complete moron and yet the “most qualified” person he can come up with for president is Hillary? He no doubt thought Palin was grievously unqualified to be VP.

pgrossjr on September 3, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Battlecruiser-operational on September 3, 2010 at 11:33 AM

No he has his own show. It’s good and funny. I usually listen to the first hour. He is good friends with Rush. I know you’ll like it…

Gob on September 3, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Absolutely sickening.

‘More experience than most living presidents’? Maybe if you’re talking those third word crackpot presidents of places like Haiti. This lying (FBI records), Constitutional-rights violating (Nixon impeachment interference), shrew (screaming at people, because she thinks they’re asking her about her husband’s opinion, instead of her own) is already over her head (being a failed shyster in a secretary of state position and being in charge of an armed forces of military contractors overseas). As president, she would be no better than Obama, if not worse in many aspects. Hillary Clinton’s every bit as quisling as Obama, as her husband, as Kagan, as Sotomeyer, as Kennedy, as Murtha, as Pelosi, as Reid. Let’s also not forget her treasonously disgusting behavior and treatment of her betters in the long-suffering PSD that protected her worthless life during the Clinton regime, and her utter, black, stinking, bile-soaked hatred for the United States armed forces. She’s probably never held a real job in her life (like Obama), and she’s even less qualified to be president than Rahm Emmanual is qualified to be a mayor.

Virus-X on September 12, 2010 at 3:06 AM

Y’know, instead of a dentist, he should be a proctologist, this DeJean, considering he’s got his head so far up his ass that he actually thinks Hillary Clinton is going to turn this country in the right direction.

Virus-X on September 12, 2010 at 3:08 AM