Confirmed: Pretty much everyone offended by Vanity Fair hit piece on Palin

posted at 6:23 pm on September 2, 2010 by Allahpundit

So here’s where we’re at. Yesterday the piece dropped, and immediately even left-leaning reporters like Ben Smith and Dave Weigel started challenging it. Today Smith came back with another reason to question its accuracy; meanwhile, lefty feminists (including KP, whose criticism of Vanity Fair almost but not quite atones for her recent “Republicans are racist” op-ed) are unloading on VF for attacking Palin over alleged behavior that’s par for the course for male politicians. And now, as a coup de grace, here’s renowned Palin-hater Shannyn Moore telling Weigel that she’s filled with heart-ache at what a supposedly unethical hack the VF author has turned out to be.

I don’t give a rip what you said about me – though it was so completely wrong, and put me in such a completely inaccurate and unfavorable light people are mad on my behalf.

Fine thanks for Alaskan hospitality. I have extended the Alaska Spirit to dozens of journalists and visitors, and I will continue to do so. It’s on YOU, not me, as you are the only one who has broken agreements with sources you promised complete anonymity.

I’m sure you’re thrilled to be on TV now. Just know, like Sarah, Alaskans paid a price for it. Specifically, a 79-year old woman, with failing health, who spoke to you under anonymity who hopes her adult children will speak to her again.

Not enough to move the skepticism meter? Well, Conservatives4Palin talked to another source alleged by VF to have left Palin’s team on bad terms who now insists it’s not true, and Peter Hamby at CNN tweets, “I was w/ Palin for entire VP bid. never got a hint that she ‘lashed out at the slightest provocation’”. All of which brings me to a question: If, like Vanity Fair, you’re in the business of churning out occasional hit pieces on Palin to take her down and/or convince your readers that she’s every bit the demon they believe she is, wouldn’t you want to make extra, extra sure that the details are perfectly accurate? You know her supporters will allege media bias; the only counterargument is to present an airtight factual case. As it is, they’ve managed to turn this into Exhibit A in her argument for just how lame the “lamestream media” is. Amazing.

Via the Right Scoop, here she is yesterday on Hannity’s show taking the lay-up after Vanity Fair passed her the ball. Skip ahead to 4:10 or so.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

When did media go negative on Palin?

Inanemergencydial on September 2, 2010 at 6:25 PM

I saw this tool on Hardball yesterday. He said “I learned that Sarah LIES ABOUT EVerYtHing! EVeRYthing!!!!?”

And Norah o donell — she of the “berate an 11 year old for wearing a palin shirt”— sat there giggling

This HELPS Sarah you idiots!!!!

picklesgap on September 2, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Serious question. Who reads vanity fair? Is it a gay Mag or a pseudo smut maxim mag?

picklesgap on September 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Anonymous sources say that Michael Joseph Gross is an impotent, limp and gutless reporter.

joedoe on September 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Anything Palin is the exception. Even the far left knew there was a line to draw when attacking George W Bush.

A precedent has been set over this Vanity Fair POS.

Maybe an Awakening has happened?

portlandon on September 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Really wondering how the simpering co(k^(lster that wrote the thing is feeling right about now…..

BigWyo on September 2, 2010 at 6:31 PM

IMPOTENT LIMP AND GUTLESS

oooh, that stings.

John the Libertarian on September 2, 2010 at 6:32 PM

BigWyo on September 2, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Probably asking Ezra Klein what he should write about next.

tetriskid on September 2, 2010 at 6:32 PM

A tweet hardly atones for a whole article Allahpundit.

portlandon on September 2, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Here’s a list of Michael Joseph Gross’ articles he wrote for The Advocate, a gay magazine. Frankly after hearing him on Morning Joe (MSNBC) state he was a Sarah Palin supporter and a Christian, too! I was quite surprised to Google him and find him there, and at The Nation, too. Not.

Marcus on September 2, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Next thing you know, they’ll publish an issue with some nobody losers accusing BushCo. of lying to get us into a war and of revealing the true identity of a CIA super-spy.

Christien on September 2, 2010 at 6:34 PM

I don’t read ANYTHING VF does on Palin. I don’t want to read a bunch of liberal lies.

It’s hard enough as it is now to discover the TRUTH about Palin. A good deal of conservatives dislike her…to a bit to passionately. I just wanna know the truth.

So far, in over two years, the only negative I see that can possibly stick is

A) Needs to be more informed on policy.
B) Likes the lime-light a little more than the average bear.
C) Her daughter Bristol is an absolute nutter. (Sorry, I just don’t like the daugher…she gives more ammo to the SP haters.)

That’s all I’ve seen. It just reminds me of GWB redux…and I really hate the empire of hate they built against him.

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 6:35 PM

My mind wandered after ‘impotent, limp’. Whatever else she said, I’m sure it was good…

joejm65 on September 2, 2010 at 6:35 PM

The more the media hits her, the higher she goes.

tarpon on September 2, 2010 at 6:36 PM

I heard that yesterday. I particularly enjoyed it when she described those lefty hacks as ‘limp’.

trigon on September 2, 2010 at 6:36 PM

What would it take to get Ed Schultz to torch the place?

joedoe on September 2, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Impotent. Limp.

Beta-males hardest hit.

John the Libertarian on September 2, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Maybe an Awakening has happened?

portlandon on September 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Port are you kidding? Dude, this is like Ground Hog Day… it just happens in different terms, expressions and paragraphing… yet has the same effect.

I hate liars.

upinak on September 2, 2010 at 6:38 PM

When did media go negative on Palin?

Uh… That would have been about 90 seconds after she was introduced as the GOP candidate for VP.

Repeat the mantra after me;

There is NO bias in the media there is NO bias in the media there is NO bias in the media, ad infinitum, ad nauseaum.

oldleprechaun on September 2, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I have got to wonder, did levi put his two cents in this vf thing?
L

letget on September 2, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Probably asking Ezra Klein what he should write about next.

tetriskid on September 2, 2010 at 6:32 PM

HEH!!…yeah, silly me. I always make the mistake that these Toilet Bugs have a sense of shame…

My bad…

I’m not a Palin fanatic…I do like her…but come on…this crap just gets ridiculous…

BigWyo on September 2, 2010 at 6:38 PM

impotent, limp, and gutless? Heh. Gross’ boyfriend is not going to like the sound of that.

WisRich on September 2, 2010 at 6:39 PM

I am assuming a certain blogger is not offended by any Palin hit piece, other than it not going far enough to suit him.

Mr. Joe on September 2, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Impotent, limp and gutless yellow journalism.

Oh my!

darwin on September 2, 2010 at 6:40 PM

OT/

Anyone listening to Levin? Wow. Ratner has written a book about this administration. Sounds wild.

Cody1991 on September 2, 2010 at 6:40 PM

New LSM Meme:

Palin was stupid for allowing Vanity Fair to publish lies about her!

profitsbeard on September 2, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Impotent, limp and gutless..OUCH…the ‘Cuda calls it like she sees it.

I thought the “limp” part was a nice touch. A less cajoned person would have just said impotent and gutless.

Bikerchick on September 2, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Maybe they should try a hit piece on Lieutenant General McInerney.

Lieutenant General McInerney’s affidavit

Tav on September 2, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Isn’t this just a re-hashed, updated hit piece VF did last year that was found to have absolutely no basis in truth?

joedoe on September 2, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Wow! Rush is right. The Leftists will tell you what they fear. They fear Palin Video/Audio from 9/2/10

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Impotent,Limp, Gutless and testicleless.

fourdeucer on September 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM

It’s hard enough as it is now to discover the TRUTH about Palin.

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Why is it hard?

darwin on September 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM

So far, in over two years, the only negative I see that can possibly stick is

A) Needs to be more informed on policy.
B) Likes the lime-light a little more than the average bear.

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 6:35 PM

I’ll agree with A and C, but not so much B. She’s working the room/nation/attention like a seasoned politician. She’s not flashing her vay-jay-jay like Britney Spears or in general acting like an a**hat.
She’s taking the oppotunity that she has been given and riding it to its conclusion.
and I say good on her. It’s not a love of the spotlight. If it were, she’d be on SNL and Dancing With the Stars, etc. etc.
But whatever.

mjk on September 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Impotent. Limp.

Beta-males hardest hit.

John the Libertarian on September 2, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Apparently, attacking the author’s masculinity is a non-starter.

BigWyo on September 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I’m sure they would be extra, extra careful if they had any juicy tidbits to dish out … but it seems they don’t so they just make cra up. That seems to be routine when it comes to Palin.

darwin on September 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

I’m betting she had the phrase “impotent, limp and gutless” written on her hand.

ButterflyDragon on September 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM

By the way? the AFL-CIO is already saying she’s going to bring back McCarthyism (exposing the Communist movement in America). News for you, AFL-CIO? You’ve already been exposed and not just by Palin.

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Tav on September 2, 2010 at 6:41 PM

Has Hot Air posted anything on this yet?

Christien on September 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM

So what ever happened to that freak that moved in next door to the Palins???

BigWyo on September 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I hate liars.

upinak on September 2, 2010 at 6:38 PM

I got you babe…
I got you babe…
I got you babe…

One can hope. This VF guy should be run out of town and his profession for this kind of crap.

portlandon on September 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM

darwin on September 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I have found it hard (and perhaps due to this, I keep away from a total research) because it is hard to believe ANYTHING a CrAzY lib has to say (and boy they say plenty, so I don’t even look anymore) and I have never seen a Conservative politician get fellow Cons riled up.

When the waters get that muddy, it’s hard to dive in. I have learned more from the Jenfidel/Esthier debates here lately than ever.

I just want the truth. I know VF did a piece on her with that POS Levy Johnston, but I will NOT read that either.

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM

if judges would actually stop being so tentative in obvious cases of libel and slander Vanity Fair would have NEVER published this pile of garbage in the first place

Chrisin206 on September 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Apparently, attacking the author’s masculinity is a non-starter.

BigWyo on September 2, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Toilet bug is now a staple of my vocabulary.

John the Libertarian on September 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM

You would think the “opposition” would have something to say about Mitt, Huck, or Newt at least once a month. It’s like the 3 wise men don’t exist in the minds of the Left.

Where’s the fear that Mitt will get the GOP nomination and beat Obama like a rented mule?

Where’s the fear from the Left that Huck will impose a Christian theocracy on America?

And why is the Left not terrified that Newt will sit beside Nancy Pelosi on a couch again?

technopeasant on September 2, 2010 at 6:49 PM

By the way, there’s this whole firestorm in the gay press about Palin using “impotent and limp” to describe Gross, and openly gay writer. The gay press is accusing Palin of gay-baiting.

victor82 on September 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM

So what ever happened to that freak that moved in next door to the Palins???

BigWyo on September 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM

He found some canned goods at the foot of his bed.

joedoe on September 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM

I would say that Palin “emasculated” the author–but I think that has already happened…

lovingmyUSA on September 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM

You must be smarting Allah that even the Left refuses to buy VF hit piece. tell your Romney gang not plant stories like this. It might backfire on them.

promachus on September 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Maybe an Awakening has happened?

portlandon on September 2, 2010 at 6:30 PM

I hate liars.

upinak on September 2, 2010 at 6:38 PM

She’s not retreating… she’s reloading. November, 2009.

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM

A) Needs to be more informed on policy.
B) Likes the lime-light a little more than the average bear.

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 6:35 PM

The first point has validity but you have to consider that being in Alaska may tend to isolate a politician from some of the big picture and IMO she’s working on that.

The second point item may be a factor of trying to make a name for herself nationwide. She may feel she needs to take advantage of the visibility she has now.

While I agree that Bristol has the potential to hurt Palin you have to admit that most political kids get media privacy the Palin kids didn’t. The Kennedy kids have a long track record of sexual misbehavior, drigs, booze, etc and no one held the older generation accountable for all their bad behavior.

katiejane on September 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Juan Williams is very soft spoken this evening.. subdued.

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM

victor82 on September 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM

????

Are gays trying to corner the market on impotence? I’m a little flummoxed trying to figure out how this is gay-baiting. If he was straight, would it be hetero-baiting?

ButterflyDragon on September 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM

OMG! OT/

Former Car Czar Rattner Rats on Obama

Former Obama administration car czar Steven Rattner is coming out with a new book that depicts him swashbuckling through the financial crisis and also shows Obama as “out to get” the car companies and the administration making political decisions about how to deal with bankrupt automakers GM and Chrysler.

Rattner, a former New York Times reporter in Washington, made a mint as a hedge funder, became a massive Democratic donor and returned to D.C. as Obama’s point man during the bailout and takeover of GM and Chrysler. He’s since been ensnared in a SEC investigation into his firm’s efforts to leverage political influence and favors to win government investment deals.

But Rattner’s working on his image. He signed up Obama golf partner and billionaire New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg as a client and now is launching his book “Overhaul” about his time in the administration.

The Huffington Post got a leaked copy and there is plenty there that will play into this years’ elections – especially since this is the first kiss-and-tell book from the Obama team.

Key points from the article and excerpts:

-When Obama was told of the plan to pay GM CEO Rick Wagoner a $7.1 million severance package after Obama ordered that he be sacked, Rattner writes: “Suddenly I felt that I was indeed in the presence of a community organizer…”

-Rattner describes presidential political adviser David Axelrod coming to car meetings armed with poll data to support the takeover and Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel identify Congressmen in whose districts large Chrysler facilities were located.

-”[Obama's economic team] veered dangerously close to having the government take control of the two most troubled banks, Bank of America and Citigroup.”

-“If his team had linked arms with the outgoing administration, as President Bush’s advisers had proposed, billions of dollars could well have been saved.”

-Rattner says Chief of Staff Rahm Emanual dictated Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner’s schedule, public appearances and staff selections.

-He says Obama economic advisers Larry Summers and Austan Goolsbee and FDIC Chair Sheila Bair as enemies who slowed down decision making with infighting

-Rattner said Obama was frustrated with the auto companies from the start: “Why can’t they make a Corolla?” he has Obama asking.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/09/02/former-car-czar-rattner-rats-obama#ixzz0yPoVpnNZ

Cody1991 on September 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Ok, but why would you look to a lib for info on Palin? Her record as governor is a good start, so is her book.

darwin on September 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM

katiejane on September 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Rosemarie was a thriving, happy woman…. but she didn’t fit the Kennedy media vision. So they cut her brain out.

Tragic story of Rosemarie Kennedy… the forgotten sister.

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Does’t VF employ C Johnson of Little Green Snots?

tessa on September 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM

katiejane on September 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM
mjk on September 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Thanks guys, your opinions are helpful. I know a lot make much ado about her resigning as Gov., but really, that does not bother me because of all the lawsuits and she prolly couldn’t focus her all on the job with all the negative publicity she gets.

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Cody1991 on September 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Is he related to Ellen Rattner?

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM

She’s not retreating… she’s reloading. November, 2009.

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:52 PM

I think the best option would be ‘ignoring’ from here on out.

BigWyo on September 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Does’t VF employ C Johnson of Little Green Snots?

tessa on September 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM

No, but I hear he’s now selling organic non-racist peanuts somewhere in the leftosphere. Sad, really.

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM

…If, like Vanity Fair, you’re in the business of churning out occasional hit pieces on Palin to take her down and/or convince your readers…

Here’s where I have a problem.

What readers? Do they mean guys in hair salon waiting rooms? What are they talking about?

Dorvillian on September 2, 2010 at 6:59 PM

Is he related to Ellen Rattner?

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM

I have no idea. It’s amazing that something like this is coming out so soon, and it looks to be pretty damaging. Wonder why he did it? Hmmmmmm…………

Cody1991 on September 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM

????

ButterflyDragon on September 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM

Yeah, no kidding. Do gays have problems with impotence and “limpness” more than hetero men?

darwin on September 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM

So far, in over two years, the only negative I see that can possibly stick is

A) Needs to be more informed on policy.
B) Likes the lime-light a little more than the average bear.

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 6:35 PM

But whatever.

mjk on September 2, 2010 at 6:42 PM

I think you both misunderestimate her on A. She has made a number of policy statements, but has refrained from stating specific solutions, for a strategic reason. Right now, she’s not running for anything. Her job right now, as she sees it, is to get conservatives elected in 2010. It’s these candidates who need to talk about specific solutions, not Palin. If and when she declares, that is when the game changes. She will need to roll out her positions with specific solutions to problems. There is plenty of time for her to become a serious contender, if she so chooses. Don’t forget that it was reported about a year ago by friendlies that she had people who were tutoring her on a variety of subjects.

NoNails on September 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM

darwin on September 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Oh, no, I would not look to a Liberal at all but I have to say in my experience in hearing/watching/seeing/reading about her…there is a lot Liberals have to say about her (like Rush says…Libs tell you who they are afraid of…) and I’d rather NOT take anything they say about her as being credible.

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I think the best option would be ‘ignoring’ from here on out.

BigWyo on September 2, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Agree, but I like a fighter. I like to see her draw and quarter, skin, BBQ and serve up those fem-males that keep trying to hit her.

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 7:02 PM

Juan Williams is very soft spoken this evening.. subdued.

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM

The Left is in its death throes, and they’re either raging or sputting. While Juan sputters, others rage. But they all recognize this is it for them, probably for a generation at least.

I’ve never seen anything like it.

Grace_is_sufficient on September 2, 2010 at 7:02 PM

<blockquote>“Why can’t they make a Corolla?”
he has Obama asking.

Cody1991 on September 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I wonder what the answer they gave him….

macncheez on September 2, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Got it.

darwin on September 2, 2010 at 7:03 PM

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 7:02 PM

That’s what first attracted me to her. Her willingness to fight back. If you don’t the left will just bury you.

darwin on September 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Grace_is_sufficient on September 2, 2010 at 7:02 PM

You’re right. They don’t know what to do. The sleeping Giant has awakened and they have no winning strategy. By the way, you need to read my blog today, fellow believer.

kingsjester on September 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Juan Williams is very soft spoken this evening.. subdued.

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 6:53 PM

He tried spewing the same talking points this morning on F & F and Jedediah Bila ate his lunch and left him impotent and limp.

NoNails on September 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Okay, I don’t follow any of this stuff – I care about ideology and policy and leadership, not gossip – so this is all news to me. (Thank God for HotAir – I’d never get the dirt otherwise!)

And I doubt I’ve ever read Vanity Fair outside of a doctor’s office.

But I read this piece. Or started to.

It is … well, beyond the pale is the only thing that comes to mind. It defines the term “hit piece.” It is as nasty and biased as it is possible to be.

I don’t care if you LOATHE Sarah Palin, you still ought to be both embarrassed and troubled by this sort of thing. It’s not okay just because it happens to somebody you don’t like.

Half the article is libelous, at least potentially, depending on the veracity of the statements.

More basically, its just freakin’ horrid.

Which begs the question: why is the liberal media so afraid of this woman?

Her supporters ought to take this as a victory. When liberals sink low enough to show their true colors and let the misogynistic hatred bleed through … you must be doing something right.

Professor Blather on September 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I grew up in west Texas where we have these Dung Beetles. They literally roll up a ball of sh*t and push it around backwards with their hind legs. The media and those beetles have a lot in common.

Franklyn on September 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Cody1991 on September 2, 2010 at 7:00 PM

I think we will begin to see a number of “leaks” in the coming days. Be prepared, and let’s not jump too soon. Perhaps the rest of the “hangers on” are beginning to realize what the Obama agenda is really all about. If they jump off and come clean and divest themselves from the destruction that has been wrought, we should listen to them. Not believe them necessarily, but listen to what they have to say. Where I come from trust is hard to earn and three times as hard to get back once trust is betrayed.

Just be cautious, and study relationships. http://www.muckety.com

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 7:07 PM

NoNails on September 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I saw that. He knows that November will be a massacre.

kingsjester on September 2, 2010 at 7:07 PM

I’ve been asking the same thing about American car companies for the last twenty years…

joejm65 on September 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM

the Roe v. Wade is still getting overturned lefties….it’s coming, so just deal with it.

ted c on September 2, 2010 at 7:10 PM

Franklyn on September 2, 2010 at 7:06 PM

but, these media types actually sh!t the bed, then roll around in it. At least the beetles are probably doing something productive with their dung….

ted c on September 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Cody1991 on September 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I am almost positive The Mad Liberal Ellen Rattner is his sister.

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM

“Impotent and limp?” Repeated twice?

I think she’s hinting at something.

Professor Blather on September 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM

NoNails on September 2, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I saw that… you have to hand it to Juan, though. God Bless him for clinging to the dream. HOnestly, I’ve watched him for years and I think he knows that obama just isn’t what he thought.

In all fairness, I think that many were fooled. Rather than chide them I think we should begin to express our understanding. It’s like you just got “had” at a casino. Or you just got “had” at a game at the State Fair. There’s no shame in being gullible, we’ve all been that once or twice.

Now is the time to embrace all who got “had” by the Greatest Mistake ™.

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Has Hot Air posted anything on this yet?

Christien on September 2, 2010 at 6:46 PM

It seems to be like garlic to them. And they don’t want to alienate themselves too much from their brethren on the left. I think they still hold out hope that they may someday be invited to one of those Georgetown parties.

Tav on September 2, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Cody1991 on September 2, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I am almost positive The Mad Liberal Ellen Rattner is his sister.

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Check sources at http://www.muckety.com

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 7:07 PM

Here’s a link to the HuffPo piece:

There’s a slide show with excerpts about half way down the page.

Cody1991 on September 2, 2010 at 7:13 PM

HAHAHAHA Impotent, Limp and Gutless…

Go Sarah!!!

LurkerDood on September 2, 2010 at 7:13 PM

It slays me, too, lol.

She’s one tough cookie, very unlike the pantywaist that is in the Oval (and beige) Office.

Fallon on September 2, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Does’t VF employ C Johnson of Little Green Snots?

tessa on September 2, 2010 at 6:56 PM

LGF is a farm team of VF. Or maybe it’s the other way around. One or the other.

Tav on September 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Thanks for the rotation on the Palin picture, AP.
On topic:
Vanity Fairy, amirite?

carbon_footprint on September 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM

You are joking, right? You mean the way the media was perfectly accurate while taking down George Bush, and the way they’ve been perfectly accurate while propping up Insane Obama?

xblade on September 2, 2010 at 7:17 PM

By the way, very moved by the “Restoring Honor” rally which I finally watched all the way through last night. The camera caught Palin crying during the Amazing Grace bagpipe song. I was choked up then as well.

And being a huge Palin supporter, I will grant that Beck’s speech was the strongest of the two. Beck has won me over after years of resistance. Great man.

carbon_footprint on September 2, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I saw the “impotent, limp” Michael Gross on CNN and MoJoe this am. Both venues most gingerly, while licking their chops, approached little flaccid Mikey about his “anonymous sources.” And when he had the unmitigated temerity to proclaim himself initially favoring Palin and also a “christian”…well…

It’s a terrible thing to find myself yelling at a television set so early in the morning.

marybel on September 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Why isn’t that impotent, limp and gutless author on FNC? I would love Megyn Kelly to sink her claws into him…

LurkerDood on September 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Steven M. Rattner

Enjoy your evening!

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Thanks KWR. I was mistaken…her brothers are Bruce and Michael!

Gob on September 2, 2010 at 7:20 PM

Fallon on September 2, 2010 at 7:14 PM

+1..Right on target with that post!..:)

Dire Straits on September 2, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Why is it that the “men” who oppose Palin the most seem to be the er, most effeminate of men? Do they feel threatened by her tough, independent nature? Discuss.

carbon_footprint on September 2, 2010 at 7:21 PM

LurkerDood on September 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM

That would not be a pretty sight..:)

Dire Straits on September 2, 2010 at 7:22 PM

Steven M. Rattner

Enjoy your evening!

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Woah. Be careful! Connections to HRC, Bloomberg, NYT, Morgan Stanley, Brookings, Brown University, Dept of Treasury, Jamie Gorelick… Ohmy

Key West Reader on September 2, 2010 at 7:24 PM