Rumor of the day: Palin to announce she’s running for president in Alaska … on September 11? Update: “Ridiculous”

posted at 1:02 pm on September 1, 2010 by Allahpundit

The answer’s almost certainly no, as she surely knows how it would play for any candidate to coopt 9/11 for something as self-aggrandizing as a campaign launch. (Even Giuliani waited until February 2007 to declare.) As much grief as Beck got for holding his rally on the anniversary of MLK’s speech, she’d get a thousand times more, which is the wrong foot to start on for a candidate who needs to rehabilitate her polling among centrists. Besides, as I’ve said before, she’s the one person in the field who can afford to jump into the race late. This would make her the first one into the pool, even before sure-to-declares like Romney. So yeah, this is almost definitely just fun, idle, too-good-to-check speculation.

I say “almost,” though, because something involving Palin is happening in Alaska on September 11 and it’s significant enough to have Glenn Beck in attendance. From today’s new Vanity Fair hit piece (which is already being challenged for accuracy by even left-leaning journos like Ben Smith and John Dickerson), a tantalizing detail:

Moore, a green-eyed blonde who, like Palin, was once an Alaska beauty queen, albeit a few stripes more self-aware, drives her Subaru through downtown Anchorage, steering with one hand, holding a cigarette and her smartphone in the other. When Devon calls to tell her that Glenn Beck has booked the Dena’ina Center, the largest venue in Anchorage, for a speech on September 11, 2010, she sits bolt upright and yells. Immediately, they start trying to figure out what the news might mean. “Listen, listen, listen: Why in the world do you imagine Glenn Beck would come to Anchorage on 9/11? You think he might have a special guest? With a special announcement? Oh,” she says, her whole face falling as the implications of a Palin campaign kickoff hit her, “Jesus Christ.”

Just another embellishment in Vanity Fair’s piece, perhaps? Not quite. Via the Right Scoop, below you’ll find Beck himself on this morning’s show confirming his trip to Alaska and the fact that he and Palin will both be at the event (“a week from Saturday,” a.k.a. September 11). Note how theatrically coy he is about what’s going on: All he says is that they’ll both be speaking, and when asked if it’s political, he (twice) refuses to answer. Presumably they’re going to announce some sort of joint lecture tour or whatever and this is just Beck’s way of teasing the audience by vaguely hinting that it’s something more, but the location, the size of the venue, and the secrecy around it are curious. (For what it’s worth, Beck claimed as recently as three days ago that he won’t run for anything and has no idea what Palin’s doing.) Remember too that it was only yesterday we learned she’ll be in Iowa later this month for her first big speaking engagement — and according to the Des Moines Register, it was her team who approached the Iowa GOP about making that happen, not vice versa. Quote:

Palin began taking a more active approach toward Iowa in late July, when her political action committee told Iowa Republican Party staff that Palin’s people were planning a more aggressive fall campaign schedule and had asked whether the Reagan invitation was still open.

Iowa is actually the biggest reason why she might want to declare early rather than late. As Mark Halperin notes, “caucus goers expect (read: ‘demand’) to see potential candidates early and often,” which helps explain why she hasn’t polled well in the state thus far. But of course, she could let them see her early and often without announcing any sort of candidacy; just book a bunch of speeches and put in some face time.

Exit question one: What’s this really about? Some sort of “honoring the victims of 9/11″ memorial event, maybe? If so, why hold it in Anchorage instead of New York or D.C.? Exit question two: What happens to the rest of the field if she jumps in now? Do Romney, Huckabee, Gingrich, etc, then have to declare soon too or should they wait a few months for the Palin buzz to dissipate a bit before making a move this winter? Romney can get away with losing Iowa since he’s the presumptive heavy favorite in New Hampshire, but the rest of the field can’t afford to let anyone build up too much steam there. Hmmm.

Update: Rebecca Mansour of SarahPAC e-mails to say that the rumor that she’ll announce on 9/11 is “ridiculous” and to point out that Palin had a longstanding open invite from the Iowa GOP to come speak. She finally took them up on it this week.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

My bet is that they do a tribute to those who died on 9-11 and then talk faith, hope and charity.

They will probably move on to the principles that allow freedom to exist.

For those who think that Sarahcuda is dim… Who is the genius working out for ya?

As I see it Sarah would not have made the errors that Obama appears to be committed to.

The Rock on September 1, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Any grandstanding on 9/11 would be extremely grotesque, from the left or the right. There’s no way I’d support anyone who’d do that.

Western_Civ on September 1, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Kafir on September 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM

Hmmm.

Makes as much sense as the other speculations here.

Honoring the troops, remembering 9/11, a way forward to national security via energy independence?

“Drill oil here, don’t send $ to regimes that don’t like us & fund future attacks on ourselves” sounds like a compelling message.

Darnit, we’ll just have to wait & see.

cs89 on September 1, 2010 at 2:33 PM

They will out Allahpundit. Now you know.

the_nile on September 1, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Yeah, I don’t trust people who use fake names, do you?

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on September 1, 2010 at 2:33 PM

She might be announcing a tour to support conservative candidates, though.

hawksruleva on September 1, 2010 at 2:25 PM

That would make sense..

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Ovide Lamontagne, the only true conservative in a four-person GOP primary, is distinguishing himself today from the Republican Establishment favorite, Kelly Ayotte, on just this point. Ayotte supported Sotomayor at the time her nomination was pending in the Senate, contending Sotomayor was well-qualified simply because she was a federal circuit court of appeals judge. (Ayotte also, as New Hampshire’s attorney general, advised Democratic governor John Lynch to engage in a Kelo-like taking of $110 million in private property to try to balance the state’s budget.) Lamontagne has criticized Ayotte both for supporting the Democratic taking (declared unconstitutional by the state supreme court) and for her support of Sotomayor.

I may have gotten the PP case summary messed up with the State Budget issue. I will re-listen to the interview and bottom line it…

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Monkeytoe:

If Huck or Mitt is the nominee, I think Obama could possibly win – depending on where the economy is by then. The only support Huck has is with evangelicals. He turns everyone else off. He is socially conservative and fiscally liberal. There is simply no real constituency for that. In a crowded GOP primary field, he may win – which would likely doom the GOP’s chances in 2012.

Mitt would fare a little better, but not much.

Brilliant! I’ve never heard someone nail so well what the problem with Huckabee is: Socially conservative, fiscally liberal. Turns everyone but evangelicals off. Mitt cannot be a credible nominee unless he basically apologized for Romneycare, I don’t think he has enough of a spine to admit how wrong he was.

Simona on September 1, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Christien on September 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM

Win.

Bee on September 1, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Laura Ingraham’s schoolgirl crush on Mitt Romney is rather embarrassing. “He needs to mess up his hair.” giggle “He came to my booksigning – and his hair was mussed!” giggle “I told him he looked just like Fonzie!”

Really.

He’s married, Laura.

And I also say schoolgirl, because she’s acting like a jealous one since there’s now another conservative woman on the national scene. Competition!

Plus.

She’s BOR’s #1 sub it seems these days. And BOR was in the Fenway stands with Mitt over his vacation. And said on late night TV that Mitt will be the 2012 nominee.

So Laura’s on board for the BOR gig.

Any questions?

hrh40 on September 1, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Yep, Laura’s jealousy is getting pathetic. Today, she made sure everyone knew that she endorsed Joe Miller first, before Sarah Palin. She had Joe on her show this morning and before she interviewed him, she made him say that it was her that helped put him over the top.

She’s been bashing Palin for the past few days about her NH endorsement, saying we must have real conservatives… blah, blah, blah…. yet she, Laura, loves Mitt? LOL! She’s complaining about Kelly “flip-flopping” on the abortion issue and her number one guy is the king of flip-flops when it comes to abortion (and other things).

She’s going off the deep end when it comes to Palin, and I suspect it’s because Beck and Palin are crushing the opposition and Laura’s little ego needs can’t take it.

yogi41 on September 1, 2010 at 2:36 PM

upinak on September 1, 2010 at 1:16 PM

WHY?!!!!??! Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Bee on September 1, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Beck and Romney are both Mormons. Mormons stick together and help each other, even if it isn’t the best way to go.

Kafir on September 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM

She’s not running. The resignation from the governorship settled that.

Mason on September 1, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Simona on September 1, 2010 at 2:34 PM

If he does this, he could win. “I tried to implement a conservative version of ObamaCare and even that doesn’t work. ObamaCare must be repealed in its entirety”

faraway on September 1, 2010 at 2:38 PM

hrh40 on September 1, 2010 at 2:27 PM

Sorry but I do not see Laura as a Romney backer..She likes Sarah very much..but Laura just disagrees with Sarah on this endorsement..:)

PS..I am in the same camp with Laura here..

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 2:38 PM

yogi41 on September 1, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Is she not allowed to disagree with Palin?..This is starting to sound like..No I will not do that..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM

HERE is the timeline on the Ayotte vs Planned Parenthood. Apologies it’s from NPR…

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Hmmmm.

When, if, Palin declares she can no longer work for FoxNews. Which would deprive her of one of her major assets: access to the FoxNews network.

So there is no doubt that this shindig won’t be her announcing a run for 2012 President.

memomachine on September 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM

This is soooooo stupid. The midterms are in November and she’s going to announce on 9/11 that she’s running for President?

LurkerDood on September 1, 2010 at 1:26 PM

You’re not quick on the uptake are you?

dczombie on September 1, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Dire Straits, I so agree with you on LI. She LOVES SP, just merely disagrees with her endorsement. LI is looking for strong Conservatives…I would hope that means Mitt Romney is not one of her favourites…as far as Presidential action.

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Terrible idea.

Even Alaska Republicans don’t want her to run.

Just because she’s more qualified than Barry was, doesn’t mean she’s qualified enough.

I hope she has the sense not to go through with this.

NoDonkey on September 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Yeah, I don’t think she’s going to announce. That’s why I led with the argument against it. But if it’s just an “honor the troops” rally, why the big secrecy? Just announce that it’s an honor the troops rally.

Allahpundit on September 1, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Well, we’ll find out soon enough. But in the meantime, with all these wacky theories bein’ thrown all over the place, you got a nice chunk of concerned posters freaked out in a fake, concerned way, that is. No benefit of the doubt for Sarah.

But hits are hits I guess. Gotta pay the bills….at Palin’s expense.

Dongemaharu on September 1, 2010 at 2:47 PM

I need some help here. I was active duty military during the run up to President Reagan’s ascendancy. I was flying around the world , living in exotic places and knew I was no fan of Carter,but was not really” political”. In comparison, what was the level of hate and vitriol to him as opposed to Sarah. I also realize that the media and info environment is vastly different now. My personal thinking is that Sarah would be savaged by the libs and “moderates”/inds” would be scared away by what would be over the top attacks. I would vote for her but I think she is/would be much better as a kingmaker and a walking ,talking real example of what an American is and what we believe. She scares the anti/hate America bunch too much to let her “survive”

retiredeagle on September 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM

I can’t help but remember last year’s 9/12 project on Beck’s show. The 8/28 Honor Rally was sort of an extension of that, so I wonder…….

If he doesn’t tell anybody what it’s about…how can we show up to the “largest venue in Alaska?”

DaBeesKnees on September 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 2:46 PM

I agree Gob on Laura..I would NOT think that Romney would be her choice for 2012 either..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 2:51 PM

OK, this is for the stupid people, trolls, etc.

Sarah is NOT going to announce on 9/11. However, one must remember when her son, Track deployed to Iraq. It was September 11, 2008. So this date has meaning for her.

My guess is this is more of a Restoring Honor, saluting our troops sort of thing.

Most people think Sarah will travel to Reagan’s hometown in Illinois, and announce on his birthday in February. It would be fitting.

Both the mid-terms and her book tour would be done.

You can bet your last dollar she is not going to announce before the mid-terms. That would be idiotic.

gary4205 on September 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 2:42 PM

Looks to me as if Ayotte was defending the parental notification law in her capacity as Attorney General of NH.

Just because Jerry Moonbeam Brown won’t defend CA’s doings, like Prop. 8, in court doesn’t mean other AGs aren’t responsible.

Ayotte won the case and she was taking the “pro-Life,” pro-parental notification side which is very conservative.
The Leftoids have tried to overturn these in every state.

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Nice choice of a Golden Oldie..I miss the skating rink days..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 2:41 PM

Disagreements are fine and needed, especially in the primaries. But Ingraham is speaking and devoting her segments to this issue as if Sarah is the only person who is endorsing Kelly. So yes, by invoking Palin’s name consistently in this, she’s making it personal, between her and Palin. If Laura wants to spend her segments exposing Kelly’s record as non-conservative, she should. But as I have listened to her over the past few days, it’s a mantra of Palin, Palin, Palin. Even today, she began her show with Murkowski conceding and then Laura saying that she believes she brought Miller to national attention before Sarah Palin endorsed him, and she made Joe give her some credit.

That’s the reason I think she’s acting petty and pathetic lately. I like her show and I listen to it, but her need to one-up Palin lately is a tad tiring.

By the way, I disagreed with Palin’s endorsement of Carly over DeVore here in California. So yeah, disagree with her all you want, just realize that you (Laura) sound petty when you start making it personal.

yogi41 on September 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM

She’s not running.

PappyD61 on September 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Yes, I will have to re-listen to the Wendy Long/Laura interview. I may be conflating the Budget issue with the PP one…but I seem to recall that WL says that Ayotte had a hand in it NOT being law…will re-listen and clarify.

(I’m curious myself now as I was walking dog yesterday and the place I was at during the PP case was different from when she was expounding on the Budget…but it was very hot yesterday so who knows…)

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 2:56 PM

LOL! Ah, your handle had me thinking of my favourite DS song! Too good!

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 3:02 PM

retiredeagle on September 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Thank you for your service to our country!

Buddy, you missed it and the situation with Carter/Reagan is so similar to a Maobama/Palin scenario.
The DemocRat Left and the MSM (but I repeat myself) rolled out the attack machine on Reagan 24/7: He was an idiot, he was a dumb but good looking movie star whose best movie was made with a monkey: Bedtime for Bonzo (actually, he’s wonderful in King’s Row), he wasn’t a very good Governor (but he was!), He was Ronald Raygun who was going to blow up the world, along with the Russians because he was a hot-headed war-loving right wing nut!
But Jimmy Carter was so bad, none of the attacks on Reagan would work after a certain point.
All Reagan had to say was “Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?!” And of course, the response was not just “No!” but “HELL, NO!”
And the rest is history.

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 3:04 PM

retiredeagle on September 1, 2010 at 2:48 PM

It’s just GWB redux. The left saw how successful their filthy lies were regarding GWB (election 2000, 9/11) and demonizing him, why give it up. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it is their belief.

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM

They’ll invert/co-opt Obama’s effort/abysmal failure to make 9/11 a day of community service to (starting this year) making it a day to honor those already providing service to us all: our troops. . . for preserving our freedoms, fighting the WOT, etc.

I see a twofer from my house.

Opinionator on September 1, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 3:01 PM

She did win the case, but the Supremes sent it back to NH and made the courts there make the language less “stringent.”
She really had no choice but to comply with SCOTUS.

I used to listen to Laura–now I can’t stand her.
Her voice is a drone.
When she fired Lee Habib a few years ago, the show went down the cr*pper.
Michael Savage or Dennis Miller at the same time are a lot more interesting.

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 3:09 PM

yogi41 on September 1, 2010 at 2:58 PM

You have your points..I just don’t see it that way about Laura..Trust me Laura likes Palin but does not like the endorsement..LI knows that Palin’s influence with endorsements is strong..She is just calling out Palin on one..:)

PS..You are dead on about the Devore endorsement..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 3:09 PM

They’ll announce some sort of organization that builds on the “Restoring Honor” rally. Some sort of indie/Tea Party/pro-life movement…

They’ll claim it’s going to be an effort to change both parties, hoping to attract both Democrats and Repub’s. That’s my bet, anyway.

MTF on September 1, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Palin and Beck should be careful about announcing their whereabouts together. After all, remember what Imam Obama said about his daughters, the Jonas Brothers, and drones?

ornery_independent on September 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM

She must know. Then again, she’s not known for political sensitivity. She’s so polarizing anyway that it’s doubtful the timing would change any minds. Her supporters will make excuses for how brilliant it is, her detractors will bristle and scoff (I’m leaning towards scoffing, myself).

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM

PS..You are dead on about the Devore endorsement..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Carly Fiorina is every bit as conservative as DeVore.
And Devore was never going to win the GOP primary, perhaps even if Palin had endorsed him.
If Sarah hadn’t endorsed Carly, the CA GOP primary winner would have been Tom Campbell who was a horrible RINO and practically a Democrat.

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Blah blah … lefty talking points… blah blah…polarizing… blah blah…

Seriously.

Anyone who thinks that Sarah Palin would co-opt September freakin’ 11 to launch a presidential run is as bone headed as Shannyn Moore.

powerpro on September 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 3:18 PM

Are you a PDS troll bot?

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM

So begins the ‘we will wear them out with rumors’ strategy.

Limerick on September 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM

I think this is what it is all about. Look how stirred up people are on this thread.

Mirimichi on September 1, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Ok, Sarah Palin. Glenn Beck.

Teaparty.
Alaska.
9-11.
Rally.

No, I don’t see this as presidential announce at all. It sounds more like a call to energy independence and fiscal sanity.

9-11 is the perfect day to go to Alaska and say something like, “Our dependency on Oil has funded and created terrorism, it has put our best and brightest at risk, and …”

I think it’ll be some sort of call to action along those lines. Remembering the victims of 9-11, demanding that we don’t let it happen again, using the platform of Teaparty to amplify it.

WashingtonsWake on September 1, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Carly Fiorina is every bit as conservative as DeVore.

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Thanks Sarah..:)

PS..This political ad has been paid for by Chuck Devore..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 3:33 PM

After reading that, I’m already tired of the campaign season. Come on Nov. 4.

samuelrylander on September 1, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Are you a PDS troll bot?

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 3:22 PM

With respect to her seeking the highest office in the land, you betcha. There are some things I like about her, though. She stands up for what she believes and speaks plainly about it (really, really plainly, but still). She has strong moral convictions that she lives by; she’s not a Newt Gingrich type that says to live one way and doesn’t follow his own advice. I admire the way she came to national prominence by getting involved in local politics. I like her as a person. I think she’s pretty much the first horseman of the apocalypse as a presidential candidate, though.

As far as botting, I might leave one or two comments a week on Palin threads (which I’ll probably blow by now). Call it whatever you want.

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 3:40 PM

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Well, given your fine remarks, I’ll have to reconsider the “bot” thing.
Sorry!
Now I find I quite like the cut of your jib, as Dennis Miller likes to say!

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Kafir on September 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM

You mean like Romney and Reid? Like how most of Utah supports Reid?
Back to analysis 101 for you…

right2bright on September 1, 2010 at 3:43 PM

PS..This political ad has been paid for by Chuck Devore..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 3:33 PM

If DeVore had won, Boxer would have beaten him like red-headed stepchild.
He just not electable.

Now we have Carly who I truly think is going to whip Senator “Ma’am.”

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 3:45 PM

If Beck was truly for restoring America, he wouldn’t be playing these games…there is only one issue before us. The elections in November.
And one overriding issue to focus on, the economy.
Yes, Beck, your rating are important, and you are riding high…but let’s keep focused, and forget the cartoon, carnival atmosphere that you like to create.
One focus, the election, one main theme, the economy…yes, we see you Beck, we hear you, now focus.

right2bright on September 1, 2010 at 3:48 PM

She’ll run. She’ll win.

tigerlily on September 1, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Apparently nobody gives the lady any credit for having any political savvy. Oh well, if they didn’t have Sara Palin to kick around, they’d have to kick around Obama.

kens on September 1, 2010 at 3:52 PM

p.s. she wouldn’t dream of pre-empting something far greater than herself, such as 9/11, for her own purposes, (her name is not obama, you know) let alone become a three-ring distraction for the mid-terms…who started this rumor anyway??

tigerlily on September 1, 2010 at 3:55 PM

right2bright on September 1, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Beck does not need your advice.

You get on out there yourself and address the economy if you don’t like his approach.

Disturb the Universe on September 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 3:40 PM

That’s a bit hyperbolic, especially considering the man we have in power now, but who is your preference?

Esthier on September 1, 2010 at 4:02 PM

gary4205 on September 1, 2010 at 2:52 PM

You nailed it.

Mirimichi on September 1, 2010 at 4:04 PM

The RAM hammer strikes a blow for sanity.

powerpro on September 1, 2010 at 4:11 PM

who started this rumor anyway??

tigerlily on September 1, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Looks like Vanity Fair started it, and at 250+ posts, Allah’s happy to help distribute it, and as at least 3 of those posts, I’m contributing to it. w00ts all around! lol

DrAllecon on September 1, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Esthier on September 1, 2010 at 4:02 PM

Yeah, I was being a little whimsical to convey the intensity of my feelings about it. Realistically, no president has the power on her own to screw things up beyond repair.

Since I have to vote for a Republican or a Democrat, I like Romney. He’s competent, experienced, and he understands the necessity of compromise in good governance. I wish I could see McCain from 10 years ago run again, but I understand they’re still working out the kinks on the whole time travel thing.

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Not with just two terms anyway. That’s been my solace with the Obama presidency all along.

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 4:21 PM

I was marginally against him then just because of Campaign Finance Reform. I like Mitt, but I don’t see how he can get past RomneyCare and a host of other baggage.

Esthier on September 1, 2010 at 4:32 PM

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 4:21 PM

What did that “compromise in good governance” get the state of Massachusetts, and now us?

CTSherman on September 1, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Sorry about that.

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 4:21 PM

CTSherman on September 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM

My favorite amendment, after all of the Bill of Rights, is the 22nd.

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Here’s hoping for the sake of the mid term elections that if she is going to run, that she NOT announce until after November. Heading into November, Democrats have barely perceptible enthusiasm. The prospect of a Palin 2012 presidential bid could up that level significantly. They’ve milked the Bush hatred dry. Let’s don’t give them a fresh new villain just yet.

texasentrepreneur on September 1, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I think that some of you are overlooking something. When I listened to Beck on Sirius this morning, hr said two things:

1. He was going to see Palin when he vacations in Alaska.
2. He said he was speaking in Alaska on 9/11

What he didn’t say was that he and Palin together would be speaking on 9/11. While it may be true that they will appear together, Beck didn’t say that.

NoNails on September 1, 2010 at 4:59 PM

BOR predicted Romney would be the nominee. Didn’t he also want to divide Iraq like his buddy Joey Biden? BOR is pretty much wrong about everything he says.

wheelgun on September 1, 2010 at 5:01 PM

This Allah-so-called-Pundit scraping bottom to do his mischief again. No amount of Palin-smearing will help Romney.

promachus on September 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM

promachus on September 1, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Sincerely doubt Romney is his pick. Plus, he’s updated the post.

Esthier on September 1, 2010 at 5:10 PM

She’s not running. The resignation from the governorship settled that.

Mason on September 1, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I agree. She’s just taunting the leftards and keep them on their toes, like they are desperately trying to anticipate her next move, only they can’t and this drives them crazy. I think she found the best spot whereby to have enough influence in conservative politics and she seems to enjoy this ‘behind-the-scene’ role, while at the same time driving the Dimtards crazy. Somehow she manages to bring out and therefore expose the Dems various derangement syndromes…

jimver on September 1, 2010 at 5:12 PM

CTSherman on September 1, 2010 at 4:38 PM

As you might guess from my screenname, I think America works best when legislation is a synthesis of the best ideas from both sides. However “liberal” Romney was as governor of Massachusetts, things could have been much worse if he hadn’t conceded enough to the will of the blue-state voters to get himself elected. However bad Romneycare is, for example, I’m certain it’s better than O’Briencare would have been .

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 5:20 PM

I think you guys have the wrong idea. Don’t be fixated on a Presidential run.

From where I sit, it looks to me like Palin is much less interested in trying for President than she is in building up an alternate to the NRC. The Beltway Republicans have staked their careers on being Democrat Lite (“Us too, but we’re cheaper!”) and their own well-oiled channels of power and favor (see Murkowski, Scozzafava, et. al.) and are ignoring if not rejecting Tea Party and conservative influences. If the Tea Parties stay unorganized but continue feeding Palin’s organization with candidates and money, especially with Beck, Limbaugh, etc. urging them on from the sidelines, Michael Steele could wake up one morning and discover that he and the people he works for have suddenly become irrelevant — the center of gravity of the Republican Party is somewhere close to Sarah.

Palin will have then staked out a permanent position in politics that is both powerful and influential, and not have to endure the bruising she’d get from the MSM if she ran for office. If my from-a-distance reading of her is correct, she’d think that a delightful thing.

Regards,
Ric

warlocketx on September 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Esthier on September 1, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I like Romney too, but he’s not inspiring. There have been a host of issues where he’s been silent as well. In contrast, Palin hasn’t been silent.

There’s no reason any potential leader should be silent, except to play politics and worry about image and numbers. We don’t need that.

Would Romney have spoken at 8/28 if asked? I doubt it. Too many political considerations.

darwin on September 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM

warlocketx on September 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM

agree and…agree!

jimver on September 1, 2010 at 5:24 PM

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 5:20 PM

That may have been true at one time, but not anymore. Compromise with the other side at this point means compromising with communists. Granted not all current democrats are communists … but their agenda and platform is straight out of the communist party playbook. The issues of the democrat party and the communist party USA are indistinguishable.

Besides … we’ve gotten to where we are because of compromise. It has to end. Either that or the democrats begin a purge and take their party back.

darwin on September 1, 2010 at 5:27 PM

As I learned in business many years ago, compromise usually produces two losers. When it comes to compromising your principles, you have no principles. Gridlock in Washington isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

NoNails on September 1, 2010 at 5:34 PM

“Ridiculous.”

Sigh.

Well, at least the oddball got a few hundred comments out of pushing the rumor du jour.

cs89 on September 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM

This is to clarify my previous posts on RINO Kelly Ayotte.

Wendy Long says that the democratic legislators overturned the whole law and as AG she was silent and would not testify and defend the law. There is no parent notification law in NH because of this.

Case fell into her lap (previous AG did all the pre-work) and the SC sent it back down to lower federal court due to legal issue (technical one).

Completely silent. Did nothing. Authorized legal fee’s to be paid to PP…on a case where Ayotte said she won. Taxpayer money to Planned Parenthood.

Start at 7:25 to hear.

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 5:50 PM

RightOFLeft on September 1, 2010 at 5:20 PM

But Mr. Romney’s synthesis of the best ideas from both sides was used as a model for Obamacare. Where does that get us? Where has that synthesis gotten us over the past 30 years?

CTSherman on September 1, 2010 at 5:53 PM

My guess is that Governor Palin is going to announce that Glen Beck and she are going to take his Lincoln Memorial rally on the road. I expect that they will hold similar rallies all across America.

scrubjay on September 1, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Regards,
Ric

warlocketx on September 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Ummmm, I’m not sure I buy that completely. I don’t think she’s ruling out a presidential run, and I certainly don’t think she’s just going to lick here MSM-inflicted wounds by sniping from the background forever.

ddrintn on September 1, 2010 at 6:46 PM

* her

ddrintn on September 1, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Have you fact-checked Laura I. from other sources than her own site?
Because I don’t think her version sounds right.

Sarah Palin has a lot to gain or lose by her endorsements.
Laura Ingraham? Not so much.
(There’s a certain type of women–a few in HA company included and you know who they are–who are jealous and envious of Sarah Palin and will never like her or accept her as a candidate and are eager to destroy her.)

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 7:05 PM

No. You’ve got it all wrong.
She’s doing what she did in AK: cleaning out the RINOs from the GOP from the inside out.

You’re right about this, but don’t get too extreme with your theory.

Sarah’s working with Steele, not against him.

the center of gravity of the Republican Party is somewhere close to Sarah.

This is already true.
Why do you think Glenn Beck’s going up to AK to be with her?

This is also already true.
Haven’t you heard of SarahPAC?

Regards,
Ric

warlocketx on September 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Ric, Sarah’s not about the power; she’s about service.
If her country needs to her serve in higher office, she will answer the call.

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 7:11 PM

scrubjay on September 1, 2010 at 6:11 PM

You know, this sounds very plausible.
She could combine it with her speaking/book tour, as could Beck.

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I don’t think you need to fact check Laura..but be my guest..
Laura is NOT jealous of Sarah..She just pointed out a problem with the Palin endorsement in NH..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I think the person to fact-check is Wendy Long. She was reporting what she knew to LI. She also lived in NH. So yeah, she should be fact checked because she was stating things…especially about the taxpayer money paid to PP.

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Then, go for it.
You’re the one making the assertion about Ayotte, ergo it’s for you (not me or someone else here) to do the work.
That’s the way that works.

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM

I think Beck likes to make it a bigger issue than what it is, that they will on 9-11 a remembrance, pay homage to those that lost their lives on that day. Sneak in some fishing, and that’s that.

As for Iowa, have her go, get the self-absorbed men in total unbalance-I mean, if half a million people didn’t boo at her on 8-28 I don’t expect a mean ol’ crowd. Really?

I respect Laura Ingraham as a cancer survivor. If she has some sort of cougar crush, let her have at it. Every single person involved in politics have their favorite. She has hers, it’s the wrong guy, but…whatarewegonnado?

ProudPalinFan on September 1, 2010 at 7:49 PM

I don’t think you need to fact check Laura..but be my guest..

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I fact-check everyone. Don’t you?

And Laura seems to be the only one that has a problem with Sarah’s endorsement of Ayotte.
Real Clear Politics has her up 8 points over Hodes.

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Well, I will not as I will take her word for it. I am thoroughly convinced that Ayotte is a RINO.

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Well she was up 10 in a earlier post..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Gob it seems to be okay with some if Sarah backs a RINO..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 8:04 PM

…albeit a few stripes more self-aware…

What exactly does this mean?

MassVictim on September 1, 2010 at 1:14 PM

I want to know, too. Googling “a few stripes” and “a few stripes more self-aware” yields 1) nothing of significance and 2) nothing other than links related to his piece, respectively.

I’m pretty sure he just made the phrase up and the editor(s) somehow let it go.

rogerb on September 1, 2010 at 8:07 PM

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Absolutely, but it would be just nice if they would just “cop it sweet” as they say in Oz.

We still like Sarah, like Laura…but we just disagree with this one endorsement. Like Meatloaf said, “two out of three ain’t bad”.

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Agree..Excellent post!..)

PS..I like Meatloaf also..You are showing some good music taste I might add..:)

Dire Straits on September 1, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Like Meatloaf said, “two out of three ain’t bad”.

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Love him in Rocky Horror Show!

Jenfidel on September 1, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Gob on September 1, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Why is that?
You have no factual evidence that she is, do you?
That should worry you.