Video: The greatest action sequence of all time

posted at 6:25 pm on August 31, 2010 by Allahpundit

Something sweet to cleanse the palate before The One’s Iraq speech and the final results of the Miller/Murkowski nail-biter up north. Don’t ask me why this is suddenly going viral today. The YouTube gods work in mysterious ways; it is not for us to question, but rather to give thanks.

Two thoughts here. First, no American filmmaker has ever produced a scene this good and no American filmmaker ever will. We’re beat, so let’s accept defeat gracefully. Second, try as I might, I can’t figure out a way to turn this into a “Metaphor of the Day.” It’s simply too convoluted. Maybe something related to ObamaCare, with the Democrats’ midterm hopes represented by the helicopter and the left’s obsession with socialized medicine represented by the jeep? But then … who’s the guy throwing the sword? Paul Ryan, maybe? I’m so confused.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Looks pretty straightforward to me.

Surge: good.
Unilateral disarmament: bad.

sulla on August 31, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Hey Magoo, how’s the trolling going over at OwnTheWorld today?

OhioCoastie on August 31, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Guardian on August 31, 2010 at 7:20 PM

I’m only annoyed if I’m in it.

boomer on August 31, 2010 at 8:21 PM

hawkdriver on August 31, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Cool! Schweizer owns that design now. 300cbi they call it, I think. Always wanted to fly one, but none on the airfield here.

swash_plate on August 31, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Great video clip! But I bet they left the best part out when the guy hit the ground below and blew up like a tanker full of gas.

Coronagold on August 31, 2010 at 8:24 PM

who’s the guy throwing the sword? Paul Ryan, maybe?

I think the guy represents the American voter and the gal represents America. Diss-member in November!

chickasaw42 on August 31, 2010 at 8:24 PM

Again, not American

SaintGeorgeGentile on August 31, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Damn…didn’t check the location on that one. How can you have a HK flick without Asians?

This is quite cheesy and the director is from Wisconsin…ha ha.

Asher on August 31, 2010 at 8:25 PM

+1000 to sulla

:) still laughing @ “Unilateral disarmament” !

c4 on August 31, 2010 at 8:31 PM

This is quite cheesy and the director is from Wisconsin…ha ha.

Asher on August 31, 2010 at 8:25 PM

American team and studio, should pass Allah’s definition. And in some bizarre connection to today, the star gymnast Kurt Thomas missed his Olympic dream because of President Jimmy Carter’s boycott of the 1980 Summer Olympics in Moscow. Man those dems know how to ruin everybody’s day.

SaintGeorgeGentile on August 31, 2010 at 8:32 PM

You guys are gettin’ slow on great movie clips!

papa_giorgio on August 31, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Looks pretty straightforward to me.

Surge: good.
Unilateral disarmament: bad.

sulla on August 31, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Hilarious!!!!

Vince on August 31, 2010 at 9:00 PM

You know the hole to put it!
Your pundit got armor!
Who put the goat in there?

Chickyraptor on August 31, 2010 at 9:04 PM

Looks pretty straightforward to me.

Surge: good.
Unilateral disarmament: bad.

sulla on August 31, 2010 at 8:17 PM

lol That just fits waaaay too well. :)

sisterchristian on August 31, 2010 at 9:26 PM

sulla on August 31, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Sulla!!!

hawkdriver on August 31, 2010 at 9:29 PM

Oh. My. God.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!

watson007 on August 31, 2010 at 9:35 PM

sulla on August 31, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Man, I’m in tears over here!

My side hurts…

karl9000 on August 31, 2010 at 9:35 PM

The girl is America.
The helicopter is unstoppable, un-repealable, bipartisan passage of Obamacare.
The jeep guy is obviously Scott Brown.
Bearded man is current Dem leadership, determined to destroy America even if it has to sacrifice itself to do so.
Sword-thrower is the Tea Party movement, or Sarah Palin if you prefer.

joe_doufu on August 31, 2010 at 9:54 PM

The end bit is also very Die Hard I with Hans and the watch.

The Mega Independent on August 31, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Keeewwwwlllllll…!

Seven Percent Solution on August 31, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Hey, hold your horses!

“MACHETE” is coming out this Friday!

pilamaye on August 31, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Dude, where’s my Jeep?

TheBigOldDog on August 31, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Hey, hold your horses!

“MACHETE” is coming out this Friday!

pilamaye on August 31, 2010 at 10:44 PM

I was watching a Boston TV Mag program tonight and they were doing a show on a Boston court. They happened to show an MS13 member who attacked an ex-member with a machete. He got a year. He was facing 12 years. They jury wasn’t allowed to know wither was a gang member.

The Judges interviewed talked about how they love being able to affect people’s lives.

They news just before covered the opening of a $200M high school in Barney Frank’s district. They have 2 theaters and a football stadium that is better than BCs (for example), rock climing walls, pools, the whole 9 yards.

The lovely liberal hypocrites of Newton took $50M from the State to build their Taj Mahal. They single handedly made it near impossible for any of the other 350 cities and towns (many with ancient, dilapidated HSs) to re-build.

What a disgrace MA is…

TheBigOldDog on August 31, 2010 at 10:59 PM

You know, I always hated that some people think that a helicopter’s blades can cut through anything.

I mean it’s one thing to say they can cut through the wet-meat-bag that is the human body, but if you hit a tree, or a rock or THE GROUND with a rotor blade, you get a shattered rotor blade.

Not to mention that if you angle your rotors that far forward, the only way you’re going to avoid losing lift is to accelerate horizontally at a high rate… Unless you’re tethered, in which it becomes a race to tear apart your transmission.

That being said, the whole “Cutting of the guy’s arm and saving the girl as the villain falls to a Hans Gruber-esque doom”… that was pretty entertaining.

Jones Zemkophill on August 31, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Ugh. Only a beta-male like Allah would think that’s the greatest action scene ever. Especially one taken from Die Hard 4. Anyway, McClane vs. F-35 sequence was even better.

Dongemaharu on August 31, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Metaphor? How ’bout the helicopter is “The Law” which is used as a weapon to threaten. The jeep is the Constitution piloted by my lawyer. The baddie? Oh…he’s my congressman…so that would make the girl my kid’s future and/or my taxes. Easy Peasy.

joshlbetts on August 31, 2010 at 11:34 PM

This was one of the deleted scenes from LOST.

One of Sayid’s flashbacks

johnnyboy on August 31, 2010 at 11:54 PM

As the unofficial Indian liaison to HotAir, allow me to intervene. This sequence is not Bollywood but kollywood.

Offtopic One of the more famous dialog in recent times here is, “I will kick your ass so bad that even google won’t be able to find it”

Gaurav on August 31, 2010 at 11:57 PM

What? Helicopters, jeeps, explosions and thrown swords?

I just call that Tuesday.

Kadnine on September 1, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I don’t care what language that was in – I understood every effin’ word!

Awesome!

I’ll remember that when I go to protest “Machete” – unless there’s a scene where that crusty lawn manicurist slings a machete into two helicopters hovering inverted over a bell-ringing Mexican ice vendor racing his three wheeler through a smoking gap in the Arizona border fence! Then I’ll throw away the sign and buy two tickets!

Evrviglnt on September 1, 2010 at 1:00 AM

For those who’ve never seen John Woo’s masterpiece, here’s a highlight reel. Remember, all these scenes are in ONE movie!

Vincenzo on August 31, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Personally, I’ve always thought The Killer was a better movie.

Cylor on September 1, 2010 at 1:32 AM

Best non-computer/wire-guided action scene is Desperado‘s Bar Scene.

Tim Burton on September 1, 2010 at 5:04 AM

A great hard luck scene. without the captioning and seeing the movie from the start who are the good and bad guys.

But as an action scene, it was great. The bad guy always get’s it in the end or this case the arm.

MSGTAS on September 1, 2010 at 10:00 AM

when all appears to be lost throw the hail mary

unseen on September 1, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Allahpundit may be losing his touch, as he cannot come up with a metaphor for this:

The helicopter represents the Ruling Class, leaving the man with the Sword of the Constitution and the hot chick on the ground to represent the Tea Party. The vehicle is the November elecion, the last chance to do anything about the Ruling Class, before the Tea Party is vaquished. The helo gets taken out, but a red-garbed RINO wants to take the hot chick and deny the Tea Party the fruits of good conservative hotness, in a spirit of pure Cornyn-ism.
The Tea Party throws the Sword of the Constitution at the red coated RINO (for the words of the Constitution are written on his heart; the blade can be replaced, the chick, not so much) cleaving the RINO’s arm asunder, leaving him to fall into the Chasm of Progressivism.
Remember, Allahpundit: The Other McCain has always got your back.

unseen on September 1, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Allahpundit you think this is better than Americn films? What planet are you on? This is about the cheesiest piece of crap I have seen in a long time! And by the way having a jeep hit a helicopter has ready been done “IN AN AMERICAN FILM!”

Confederate on September 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Confederate on September 1, 2010 at 10:43 AM

die harder had a freaking taxi hit a helo. everyone knows a taxi is harder to get the needed lift thana jeep due to center of gravity and such,….

unseen on September 1, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Oh, Allah, you’re slipping. Here’s your metaphor:

Chopper = radical Democratic agenda
Dude who flies car into chopper = Tea Party
Dude whose arm is cut off = Obama+Pelosi+Reid
Girl = American economy (and by extension, America itself)
Dude with sword = American voter

Now, watch it again and it will make perfect metaphorical sense.

Heywood U. Reedmore on September 1, 2010 at 12:12 PM