Video: Carlson, Gibbs spar on surge, credit for Iraq success

posted at 3:57 pm on August 31, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

I played the last 90 seconds of this clip on my show today, but the whole video is well worth watching, if just to see how Greg Hengler reminds us of what Barack Obama said from the cheap seats in 2007. As I also wrote earlier today, Obama deserves credit for his belated support of the surge, made evident of it in his repeat in Afghanistan and putting the man who mastered it in Iraq in charge of it now. Carlson wonders whether Obama will be gracious enough to admit publicly how incorrect he was in 2007, and give credit to the man who got it right:

Obama will call George W. Bush today? I hadn’t heard that part of the clip while doing the show this morning. How will that conversation go, anyway? “Thanks, Mr. President, for leaving me a turnkey policy for Iraq that I managed not to screw up, and I’ll be sure to talk nice about you after the election is over.”

Update: JadeNYU in the comments pictures the conversation on the other end of the phone when Obama calls Crawford:

“Sir, we have the President on the phone for you.”

“Hello, Dad?”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

M-O-O-N spells Iraq victory.

MaiDee on August 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM

I wish they would blame Bush for this one.

rob verdi on August 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Saw this this morning, it was great. Gibbs came off looking like an idiot (as usual).

Carlson was ON!!!!! Must have been because it’s her first day back from a long vacation. She usually isn’t that quick with the followup questions.

UltimateBob on August 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM

W. is no doubt waiting anxiously by the phone.

Lily on August 31, 2010 at 4:01 PM

UltimateBob on August 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM

She looks almost Megynesque.

the_nile on August 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM

My guess is that his opposition to the surge will go into the memory hole, and this is his way to bring Bush into the speech tonight.

“Earlier today, I called Bush and I thanked him for his efforts to help the Iraqi people. We are now at a point in Iraq to bring the combat troops home, as I said I would do.”

Promise kept.

At least, that’s how I think it may go down.

cs89 on August 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Fire his ass- he forgets he ultimately works for the American people.

Scotsman on August 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM

How will that conversation go, anyway?

“Listen, ahhh…George, I, uh, tonight I’m gonna destroy you on TV…but..listen…ummmm….it’s all fake. See, my Presidency and legacy are in toilet right now, and uh…I need to make you look bad again. Great policy by the way…no really, it is. Hell, I’m doing the same thing with Paks.

But hey, just thought I’d call and give you a heads-up about my speech..you know, it’s like that NAFTA thing with Canada…it just politics, and uh…no substance.”

BobMbx on August 31, 2010 at 4:04 PM

M-O-O-N spells Iraq victory.

MaiDee on August 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Nice.

BobMbx on August 31, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Thanks for the laugh.

rbj on August 31, 2010 at 4:04 PM

“Sir, we’ve got the president on the line….”

“Dad?”

JadeNYU on August 31, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Gibbs is a pompous, condescending jerk. If only more journalists would ask tough questions like Carlson. She was superb.

conservative pilgrim on August 31, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Its so childish and hard to believe he speaks for the president, with those silly giggles and chortling, kinda like the kid blowing spitballs in the cafeteria. Seriously, what an immature fool and its representative of what the rest of this circus is like.

malkinmania on August 31, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Obama “I credit 5 people for the victory in Iraq:

1 Me
2 Myself
3 I
4 My echo
5 My shadow”

MaiDee on August 31, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Isn’t it just miraculous Gibsy can count? He’s a complete moron. If I were former President Bush, I would let the call from Barry roll over to voicemail.

anXdem on August 31, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Obama: “Hey, George I broke 100 this summer”

faraway on August 31, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Wow. GC sunk her teeth into toy poodle Gibbsy and shook him silly. nice work, gretch.

ted c on August 31, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Wow. I’ve never seen Gretchen Carlson so aggressive. No wonder Jon Stewart has recently put her on his hate list.

terryannonline on August 31, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Obama will call George W. Bush today?

W tells staffer to take a message, “Tell ‘im I’m out golfin, buyin shrimp, whatever…”

catmman on August 31, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Gibbs is a fecal smear and he makes me miss Tony Snow all that much more.

Extrafishy on August 31, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I bet he is glad he now uh, uh has a teleprompter…

AndrewsDad on August 31, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Wow, that was impressive, she really put that unctous little toady on his heels.

Outstanding work.

How exactly does Barry have the gall to call President Bush on the phone after he’s spent the last 8 years crapping on him?

I hope President Bush tells him to take a flying leap.

NoDonkey on August 31, 2010 at 4:09 PM

You know, in addition to being a jerk, Gibbs pretty much sucks at his job.

Tres Angelas on August 31, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Bush: “Look I appreciate that you are not calling me at 3 AM like the last 7-8 times, but I am going to have to get a restraining order on you”

faraway on August 31, 2010 at 4:10 PM

That 2007 soundbite was actually hard to listen to. Does this guy know how to string uhh, a few, uhh, words, uhh, together, uhh without sounding like he’s accessing the tape drive on a TRS80 circa 1981?

WitchDoctor on August 31, 2010 at 4:11 PM

For the first time in my adult life I am proud of Gretchen Carlson…

ImRight on August 31, 2010 at 4:11 PM

“Sir, we’ve got the president on the line….”

“Dad?”

JadeNYU on August 31, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Well, Barry is still searching for his dad’s love and approval.

Christien on August 31, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Gibbs is a pompous disgrace and not wotht th air time.

Willie on August 31, 2010 at 4:12 PM

Just because of Gibbs, I hope that Auburn loses every game they play this fall.

Although Gibbs probably hates football too.

NoDonkey on August 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Someone had their wheaties this morning and it wasn’t Gibby.Way to go Gretchen, you have honestly made the loss of E.D. Hill bearable.

fourdeucer on August 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Not a big fan of Gretch, but she is slowly making me one.

conservnut on August 31, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Now you folks take it easy on Gibbs! After all, this was probably the first time in his life a pretty woman talked to him.

radjah shelduck on August 31, 2010 at 4:14 PM

OK , did they divide Iraq into 3 parts yet ?

macncheez on August 31, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Gibbs was probably thinking “I can handle this dumb beauty queen – she’s a joke”. Turns out everyone else thinks he’s the joke.

KS Rex on August 31, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Mr. Bush, post turtle on line one…..

conservnut on August 31, 2010 at 4:15 PM

If Surges don’t work – Then why are we surging in Afghanistan?

Dr Evil on August 31, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Gibbs came across as a condescending supercilious twit. People who behave like that have no business being in the WH.

Gretch did a super job with the interview, too.

Now I’m not normally her biggest fan when it comes to a beauty contest. But with fire in her eyes like this morning, she is breathtakingly gorgeous.

Like so many who come to Fox, Gretch gets better with time.

petefrt on August 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

I am surprised Captain Huge Ears has time for a speech in between vacations. But there’s always time for Dumbo to take credit for something someone else did whilst he was hacking some golf course apart.

search4truth on August 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

We watch F&F every morning, and they always give Gretchen the Gibbsy interviews.. she’s always terrific with him.
He always tries his best to demean &/or humiliate her !
I felt really offended WITH/FOR her today, and she handled herself with professionalism and restraint.

pambi on August 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

cs89 on August 31, 2010 at 4:03 PM

That was good…real good.
Seriously…you sound JUST like him…It probably will go down just like that.

tencole on August 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Baghdad Bob Fibbs

Christien on August 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

Gretchen must have been practicing her Mommy Grizzly while on vacation. Well done madam. Show this tape to your kids as a warning that mom doesn’t suffer fools gladly.

meci on August 31, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I love the photo… looks like she is ready to rip his little pinhead off. And he looks like his lips are moving, so that means he is spinning the truth.

behiker on August 31, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Most childish, petty, petulant, irresponsible, thin-skinned administration EVER!!

People talked about Bush being an embarrassment to the country, at least he acted like an adult. This administration is so immature on so many different levels.

It truly is embarrassing to think our country has turned the presidency into a reality TV show with snide snippets and immature banter.

ButterflyDragon on August 31, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I hope W records the conversation cause ya know “Cousin Eddie” will lie about it!

dhunter on August 31, 2010 at 4:19 PM

WitchDoctor on August 31, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Pre-TOTUS.

karl9000 on August 31, 2010 at 4:19 PM

I bet he is glad he now uh, uh has a teleprompter…

AndrewsDad on August 31, 2010 at 4:09 PM

Yeah, that part was PAINFUL.

conservative pilgrim on August 31, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Last interview on Fox News for Señor Gibbs.

Perhaps the last… of Gibbs?

hmm…..

somewhatconcerned on August 31, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Not a big fan of Gretch, but she is slowly making me one.

conservnut on August 31, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Me too. I wasn’t much of a fan at first either. But I think there’s a lot of quiet strength, brains and class lurking there.

petefrt on August 31, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Last interview on Fox News for Señor Gibbs.

Perhaps the last… of Gibbs?

hmm…..

somewhatconcerned on August 31, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I avoid watching Gibbs at all costs. Only watch video clips on the web. Is this normal for him? I have nothing to compare to, but he sure seems like he’s phoning it in here.

conservative pilgrim on August 31, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Gibbs is a dick. A half-inch dick — as in, a completely worthless dick. For the sake of the Republicans, I hope he stays on for the remainder of Obama’s only term. Nobody can watch this sort of interview and go away thinking positively about Obama.

Carlson did great. If I were in her place, I would have ended with, “As a means of avoiding legitimate and relevant questions, that’s about as original as a coughing fit.”

Splashman on August 31, 2010 at 4:23 PM

That’s Cute I Suppose…..She was in rare form this morning sorry I missed it the first time.

Dr Evil on August 31, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Smug, condescending, pinch-faced, douchebag. Yeah, that about covers Gibbsy.

sgtstogie on August 31, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Gibbs is such a moron. He was soo condescending.

becki51758 on August 31, 2010 at 4:23 PM

This idiot is a total jacka$$. He works for the worst president in the history of the world and contiues to make excuses for him and spin everything beyond any sense of reality. He has got a lot of balls talking to her like that when he is the mouth piece for the president. His actions and words reflect on the president and we all know Barry DOES NOT need anything to make him look bad, he does a great job of that on his own. How he can look himself in the mirror in the morning is something I can’t wrap my brain around.

There is no way in HELL that Tony Snow would ever speak to anyone with that much bravado and arrogance. Maybe, just maybe this F-head should go back and watch some of the press briefings and interviews given by Tony Snow and try to acquire some freaking class.

milwife88 on August 31, 2010 at 4:24 PM

Someone had their HER wheaties this morning and it wasn’t Gibby.Way to go Gretchen, you have honestly made the loss of E.D. Hill bearable.

fourdeucer on August 31, 2010 at 4:13 PM

They have a knack at Fox News for hiring beautiful women with BRAINS, which are sorely lacking on other networks! Gibbsy’s tongue might be drooling, but she’s wondering aloud why he doesn’t answer her question…

Question? What question?

Steve Z on August 31, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Dang. She is fierce!

BrideOfRove on August 31, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Saw it this morning and had to replay it at home.
God I love that woman.

Her folks own a car dealership perhaps she’s tired of “Cousin Eddie” and crew partying hardy while real Americans suffer through the worst depression since 29 and through the worst Presidency ever!

dhunter on August 31, 2010 at 4:26 PM

To those who are urging President Bush to hang up or otherwise put “President” Obama in his place, the man has too much class. I expect that he will be gracious and show respect for the office that he once held, no matter who is living in the White House.

sabbahillel on August 31, 2010 at 4:28 PM

petefrt on August 31, 2010 at 4:17 PM

She is pretty hot. I was watching one morning, and as the show was starting, the camera caught her running down the hallway to the studio. She was wearing a low cut, tight dress and high heels, and jiggling all over the place. I’ve been a Gretchen fan ever since. :-)

UltimateBob on August 31, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Last interview on Fox News for Señor Gibbs.

Perhaps the last… of Gibbs?

hmm…..

somewhatconcerned on August 31, 2010 at 4:20 PM

conservative pilgrim on August 31, 2010 at 4:22 PM

No idea, but likely yes. In fact, given his recent snorts against “cable news” I was surprised to see they even let him talk to Fox.

I’m just suggesting this will probably be the last time that happens. Or maybe on any network. yeesh.

somewhatconcerned on August 31, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Damn…Gretchen looks really hot when she’s glaring. That must be hell on her husband.

Jaibones on August 31, 2010 at 4:29 PM

No, NoDonkey, Gibbs didn’t go to Auburn. He was born there and his parents worked at the University, but he attended North Carolina State.

Carlson is from Minnesota, so let me just add that the last time I saw a southern guy get his ass kicked that badly by a Yankee was at Gettysburg.

radjah shelduck on August 31, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Memo to Gibbs: one good way to avoid having a question repeated is to answer it the first time.

Chuckles3 on August 31, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Not a big fan of Gretch, but she is slowly making me one.

conservnut on August 31, 2010 at 4:14 PM

petefrt on August 31, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Ya kiddin me? Gretch is the brains on Fox and Friends. The corny weatherman ought to be made to stick to three minutes of weather per hour and the quests Whorealdo and Oreally ought to be sent to the midnight slots.

As a matter of fact I heard that OReally offered to trade time slots with Beck if Becks rally drew some small fraction of what it drew.
Will OReally be man enough to honor his Bloviatin?
OF COURSE NOT HE’S A WHIMPY WEASAL WHOM GIBBS WOULD HAVE WALKED ALL OVER.

Ever since Brett Baier put the smackdown on the liar a few of the Fox commentators have takin note.

OReally and Whorealdo still on their knees.

dhunter on August 31, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Like this :
Hussain : I just called to confirm if your wife is on for the Sept 11 tribute to the muslim community, with the first lady

Bush : Oh yeah, she is looking forward to it

Hussain : OK , naw heres what I want you to do..I’ll send over a TV crew from MSNBC and you can give them an interview supporting the hamasque @ G-0.

Bush : Not gonna happen , never

Hussain : Hey I’ll send AF1 to pick you up, and you can stay in the WH overnight too..

Bush : No.

Hussain: Oh comon man, your country needs you. I have been fixing every mess that you left for me and all I want is one teeny weeny favor and..OK you know what, you can announce your support to me and the terromosque on Fox News, how is that ?

Bush : No.

Hussain : Then let Laura Bush come out on Sept 11 and support the mosque, with my wife

Bush : No

Hussain : I’ll talk to Laura

Bush : I’m hanging up now.

Click

macncheez on August 31, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Must be pretty hard on the “Hope and Change” crew when the only thing they can brag about after two years is a successful Iraq policy that they “inherited” from Bush.

Baxter Greene on August 31, 2010 at 4:33 PM

dhunter on August 31, 2010 at 4:26 PM

No, her folks had a successful car dealership that was taken from them when the government took over the car companies.

NoNails on August 31, 2010 at 4:33 PM

That screencap of the two of them is golden.

MadisonConservative on August 31, 2010 at 4:34 PM

dhunter on August 31, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I missed that. What happened?

UltimateBob on August 31, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Unnamed staffer: “Mr. President, we have the President on the line”
President George W Bush: “Okay can you hit the “RECORD” button on that tape thingy?”

W: “Why hello Mr. President, I heard you might call”
President Obama:”Yea, I umh ah wanted to um ah call you and erm uh uh thank you for uh negotiating that uhm bilateral treaty. And uh although I think it was wrong for you to invade erm uh and opposed the surge thanks for uh erm giving me an out.”
W:”Happy to be of service Mr. President. Just one question, I noticed you sent more men to Afghanistan does that mean you think the Iraq surge was right after all?”
O:”Well uh I um am not erhm going to comment on ah that. You were Commander in Chief then, not ME”
W:”Pleasure speaking with you Mr. President”
O: ‘click’

W: “Hey you get all that?”
Staffer: “Yessir”
W: “Okay send a copy to one of those ‘Tea Party’ group thingies. I’ve just about had it up to here with that jerk!”

SgtSVJones on August 31, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Did anyone else COUNT for him ?
Her first ask = 2nd time (to him), and by the time she ACTUALLY got to her third try, he accused her of having asked 5 !!

What an absolute maroon !!

pambi on August 31, 2010 at 4:35 PM

Damn…Gretchen looks really hot when she’s glaring.

Jaibones on August 31, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I love that look.

On her. Not on my wife. :-)

UltimateBob on August 31, 2010 at 4:36 PM

NoNails on August 31, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Thanks for that info a good reason why she wouldn’t like the liars.

dhunter on August 31, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Glib Gibbs FAIL.

itsnotaboutme on August 31, 2010 at 4:36 PM

somewhatconcerned on August 31, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Well, it’s Gibbsy or Burton. They’re both bad.

conservative pilgrim on August 31, 2010 at 4:37 PM

What a childish ass, how is this guy a spokesperson? He really bases his job on the Peewee Herman motto of “I Know what you are but what am I?”

Rbastid on August 31, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I missed that. What happened?

UltimateBob on August 31, 2010 at 4:34 PM

It was last spring I believe. Brett interviewed the Pinnochio Presidente in what probably still to this day was his toughest interview ever!

I was referring to “Cousin Eddie”, the WON, the Pinnochio Presidente not Fibbs.

dhunter on August 31, 2010 at 4:39 PM

For those of you who think she’s just an air-headed blond, you might want to take a look at her accomplishments.

Carlson was raised in Anoka, Minnesota, and was graduated from Anoka-Hennepin School District 11′s Anoka High School, in 1984, as valedictorian.[2] One of her childhood nannies was Michele Bachmann, the future Republican congresswoman.[3] Carlson is also a former pageant winner. She won the title “Miss Minnesota” and then, in 1989,[4] became the third woman from that state to win the “Miss America” title. For the talent competition, Carlson played Zigeunerweisen, the violin composition of Sarasate.

Carlson was graduated with Honors from Stanford University, in 1990, with a specialized degree in the field of Sociology (organizational behavior). While enrolled at Stanford University, she studied abroad as part of her Stanford program at Oxford University.[5]

Carlson is married to sports agent Casey Close, whose clientele includes Ryan Howard, Derek Jeter and formerly Josh Hamilton.[6] They have two young children.[7]

NoNails on August 31, 2010 at 4:39 PM

If I were Bush, I would answer and then tell him give me a minute, put him on hold, and walk off. But I’m not good at politics. I figure if you hate me and I hate you why pretend otherwise??

jeffn21 on August 31, 2010 at 4:39 PM

“daddy, is narcissism hereditary, does it skip a generation?”

Electrongod on August 31, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Hello, this is Barack. May I speak to George?

Hello, Barack. This is Barbara. George will be right here, but first…

Christien on August 31, 2010 at 4:39 PM

dhunter on August 31, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I missed that. What happened?

UltimateBob on August 31, 2010 at 4:34 PM

The interview with Baier and Obama a while ago.

conservative pilgrim on August 31, 2010 at 4:42 PM

The Reply to Bobby should not have been cute it should of been childish

tjexcite on August 31, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Rbastid on August 31, 2010 at 4:37 PM

He’s perfect to represent this administration – absolutely perfect.

His attitude reflects that of BO, Pelosi, Reid and all the Dems in charge. Gibbs puts it on full display every day. We’re all stupid. They’re smart. It’s as simple as that. Shut up and believe everything they tell you especially when they remind you that you dumb. That is the message.

Cody1991 on August 31, 2010 at 4:44 PM

NoNails on August 31, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Thanks again. She is definitley the brains on F & F and patiently waits around for the little boys to quit clowning so she can get to work.
Her husband is a lucky man.
I would love for her to be so mad at me, were I her husband, it would be delightful to calm her down.

dhunter on August 31, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Every time I see Gibbs, he has a way of making me want to smack that smirk into next week.

tru2tx on August 31, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Gold Quote: “This is not an interview of Gretchen Carlson.”

Stopped.. dead.. in.. tracks

franksalterego on August 31, 2010 at 4:47 PM

reminds us of what Barack Obama said from the cheap seats in 2007

He’s still in the cheap seats – and still playing to them.

GarandFan on August 31, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Maybe Gibberish has some compromising photos of Obama and some white powdery substance. I mean how does this guy keep his job?

Ted Torgerson on August 31, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Gretchen did well. Gibbs looked like the smirking fool that he is.

kingsjester on August 31, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Gibbs is an a-hole.

Oh, I can hardly wait to see the look on their smug mugs during the evening of 11.2.10. What joy!!!

Oink on August 31, 2010 at 4:52 PM

NoNails on August 31, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Her husband is a lucky man.

dhunter on August 31, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Well, that’s definitely gut-wrenchingly sexist.

Oink on August 31, 2010 at 4:53 PM

W just turned off the ringer on his phone.

KeepOhioRed on August 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM

What Mission Was Accomplished?

Iraq’s former role in terrorism is over, for now. But al
Qaeda in Iraq is resurgent and terrorist acts are taking a daily toll of lives there. President Bush stated that our goal in Iraq was to create a new nation able to govern, sustain, and defend itself and become an ally in the global war on terrorism. None of those goals have been achieved, and what has been accomplished is, at best, transitory.

After seven years of American occupation, those goals are as distant as they were in 2003. There have been several national elections, the most recent in March, but Iraqi leaders have been shielded from the responsibility to their nation by our occupation. For the past five months, Nouri al-Maliki and Ayad Allawi have not been compelled — as they would be if the politics of democracy were at work in their country — to compromise and form a working coalition government. Iraq is not able to govern itself. Without that capability, it cannot sustain or defend itself, and its ability to function as an ally against the nations that sponsor terrorism is nothing more than an American illusion.

It is unnecessary to await historians’ judgment a century from now to conclude that in Iraq we have not even achieved a brief respite. The war the terror-sponsoring nations wage against us is unabated, the terror sponsors unharmed by the war in Iraq. As I have written here many times, whether we stay in Iraq — or in Afghanistan — for another year or another century, we cannot win the war because we are fighting only the enemy’s proxies.

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Ted Torgerson on August 31, 2010 at 4:49 PM

No doubt Gibbs is a smart a$$, but gotta give that guy some credit as well, how would you like to stand there on the bridge day after day and have to pretend the Titanic isn’t sinking.
He’s paid to be a lyin hack and at that is pretty good.

After all “Cousin Eddie” has not done three press conferences or taken five questions from reporters off the cuff in nearly two years and if he does he steps all over himself.

The fool in the White House cannot answer questions without having them in advance and sans TOTUS.

By 2012 an eggplant will be able to beat the Liar like a rented mule. I seriously doubt “Cousin Eddie” even intends to run.
He’ll take his spoils and leave the country in a mess!

dhunter on August 31, 2010 at 4:56 PM

MaiDee on August 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM

LOL!!! I loved this! Heh, heh!

Gob on August 31, 2010 at 4:59 PM

This may surprise some people but I am going to give kudos to George Bush here. The Iraq war was one of the few things he didn’t mess up so God awful bad that I haven’t been able to fix it yet. (Hussein Louie)

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 5:00 PM

the strawman administration.

booter on August 31, 2010 at 5:00 PM

She should have taken the opportunity to show jibbs how to answer a question properly, and then repeated her unanswered question.

whiskeytango on August 31, 2010 at 5:02 PM