Obama on Iraq: Enough about Iraq, let’s talk about the economy

posted at 9:50 pm on August 31, 2010 by Allahpundit

It grieves me to say it, guys, but Olbermann nailed this one. For your viewing pleasure, behold The One trying to atone for neglecting economic priorities last year while Democrats diddled with ObamaCare by awkwardly shoehorning two and a half minutes on the subject into a speech about war. You can practically see the gears turning in his and Axelrod’s heads: On the one hand, this is his chance to crow about keeping his campaign promise to “end the war” even though the war’s far from being over. On the other hand, that kept promise won’t do jack to spare the Democrats from the cataclysm they’re facing at the polls over the economy (and ObamaCare, natch). What’s a midterm-minded president to do? Well, why not dip some economy-rhetoric chocolate into his Iraq-rhetoric peanut butter? They’re two great tastes that taste … not so great together, actually. If he wanted to do the Dems a favor by talking about jobs, why not just give a primetime speech about jobs?

It’s nice to know, though, almost six months after ObamaCare passed that restoring the economy is finally America’s “central mission” going forward. Exit question: I’ve held off on linking this because it’s an apples-and-oranges comparison, but since he’s busy making a policy fruit salad here, why not?

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

For sure! I just wish they had the end scene. Your first sentence of your first post reminded me of that!

Gob on August 31, 2010 at 10:50 PM

All kidding aside what Beck was hinting at (I think) with restoring honor is that America is not going to take kindly to anymore of this “Lonesome Rhodes” type BS. I was honest when I told my Dad this weekend that this could all really blow-up if the Media and Obama think they are going to sit on this country with lies and propaganda but I don’t see any sign they aren’t going to keep it up till something “breaks”.

Conan on August 31, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Well you see, it’s like this. We all love everything that Obama has done. Everything! I am sure I don’t have to list all his many wonderful accomplishment again. The only problem is that he is not all white, so being racists, we must hate him. It’s in our cracker nature. Didn’t The Race Card explain all that to you?

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 10:50 PM

Nice try Tav. No one mentioned race…so this is clearly projection on your part, disguised as humor. You do agree that wishing death upon a former or sitting President, or anyone for that matter is less than honorable right?

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 10:58 PM

but the hatred and vitrolic speech that is spewed here by some is far from honorable.

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 10:53 PM

Surly with all that spewing, and wishing of death that you spoke about above, you could give a few examples. They can’t all have been sent to the neitherland.

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:00 PM

And….The LGF slander session begins.

How boring.

Inanemergencydial on August 31, 2010 at 11:01 PM

You ever see those movies where after the con man is exposed the magic is gone and then it becomes the exact opposite where no one will believe him that the sky is blue.
Conan on August 31, 2010 at 10:27 PM

It works like that in reality too. Ask Jim Jones or David Koresh: When people like this fall, they fall really hard.

An executive officer can have good days and bad days. But a cult following relies on a critical mass of people buying the illusion of divinity. Once that is gone, it’s not really possible for people to merely become disappointed with a prophet.

The followers who realize he’s false get angry. Of course they’re actually angry at themselves for being brainless sheep, but they can never admit that. Instead, they turn their rage toward the leader who “failed” to perform the miracles they assumed he was capable of.

That’s when the true believers, who were already nuts to begin with, get a WHOLE lot crazier.

logis on August 31, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Conan: Your 10:27 pm post about Axelrod and marketing reminded me of this link that Matthew Shaffer posted at NRO’s “The Corner”.http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/245307/financiers-ditch-obama-matthew-shaffer

The fact that Wall Street financiers were hoodwinked by ObaMao for the most superficial reasons is a sad comment on their astuteness. However, they have finally awakened to the disaster of ObaMao’s destruction of our capitalist system. How they ever thought him an economic whizz is beyond my comprehension.

The other point about Axelrod the marketeer that really sticks in my craw is that he sits at the big table when major policy is under discussion. He has absolutely no role to intrude on governance.

onlineanalyst on August 31, 2010 at 11:02 PM

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 10:58 PM

So what do you attribute all this hatred and vitriol and wishing of death to then? You must have had something in mind.

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Was ObaMao’s speech a “clown nose on” or a “clown nose off” endeavor?

onlineanalyst on August 31, 2010 at 11:03 PM

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Stone, I did see that post that you talk about. I really think the person was emotional because the Prez drives him crazy. I did not take it to heart because sometimes in the heat of the moment, one says something over-the-top.

Didn’t know it was nuked. I’m sure the person was just being emotional. I read it and understood that and didn’t want to judge him on it. Once his head was clear, I reckon he would have reconsidered posting it.

Gob on August 31, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Racist.

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Does Dear Leader mean the private sector economy that he has been strangling for the last year and a half or the public union sector economy which he has been feeding the kid’s and grandkid’s credit cards to?

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 10:31 PM

He is saving the sop for the public union and other union boilerplate speech for Labor Day weekend.

onlineanalyst on August 31, 2010 at 11:12 PM

logis on August 31, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I think it is bigger than a Koresh or Jones it involves the media too. The media is suppose to at least in theory be outside a single political party or candidate. I told my Dad back when the Press was hounding Palin in Aug 2008. When Obama fails the people are going to ask “Who sold us this guy?” The press shoved all their chips in the center in 2008 and this has been an “all in” game ever since. They just keep upping the ante and right now I think the stakes are kind of like the mortgages of the houses between two poker players. Look at the bigot charges lately and all the rest. Can they ever back out of all they have done? I don’t see how. I think the Democrats, Obama and the media have to either subdue the public and declare themsleves in charge or be exiled (in a way) from the public forum. These aren’t good options I think but that is where it is at as I see it. High speed chicken.

Conan on August 31, 2010 at 11:12 PM

onlineanalyst on August 31, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Unfortunately Axelrod sits at the big table to tell everyone how the idea markets. Governing by markeeting. It explains a lot to me also and none of it comforting.

Conan on August 31, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Awesome post AP,.. you irritate me sometimes (esp w/ the Palin posts), but posts like these are why I keep coming back.

davek70 on August 31, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:00 PM

You really want to do this? Here are just a few examples of sh*t that has absolutely nothing to do with the content of his speech.

“White hot rage for this f@#$er, nothing less.”

“And all the family photos on prominent display seemed kind of creepy and forced to me.”

“What a disgusting insult to the troops and to the families of the fallen.”

“He looks like that a**hole principal you never wanted to see in his office.”

“What a pathetic dork our President is.”

“The guy has NO BALLS !

Even the new BEIGE carpet is nothing more than VOTING PRESENT for cryin’ out loud.”

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Well considering the fact that I am not the one hating…I suggest you ask the ones who are. Besides, you seem as if you are attempting to shoot the messenger when I’m simply stating the obvious. Clearly AP and Ed thought it lacked “honor” also considering they deleted that particular post. I’m not attacking the entire HA community, but simply pointing out the hypocrisy often overlooked by others. Is that fair enough?

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Gob on August 31, 2010 at 11:09 PM

That maybe true. I’m not beating up on anybody, because I am FAR from perfect, I just choose to not step over the mess when I see it and pretend it isn’t there. I’m glad someone else acknowledged that the posting was indeed real. Thanks.

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Wow. Some of you guys have some extreme hatred towards the President. As a troop serving at the moment, I must say that like him or not, he is my Commander-In-Chief, just as President Bush was. Not all troops hate President Obama; I being one of them. I never hated Bush and DEFINITELY never wished him dead like some of you. How soon we forget what Glenn Beck’s rally was all about.

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 10:17 PM

1. The examples you gave at 11:17 PM are rather weak.

2. Who here wished Bush dead? And who here has wished O’bama dead?

3. Where are you stationed? Your actual base isn’t necessary, just a ballpark figure about the part of the country your base is, what branch of the service and what your job is would suffice.

4. What WAS Beck’s rally about, in your learned opinion?

Del Dolemonte on August 31, 2010 at 11:22 PM

1. The examples you gave at 11:17 PM are rather weak.

Why? Because it is President Obama?

2. Who here wished Bush dead? And who here has wished O’bama dead?

Please read Gob’s post.

Why? That’s a lot of personal information completely irrelevant to this conversation, no?

4. What WAS Beck’s rally about, in your learned opinion?

Well, in my personal opinion, there was a large of portion of the rally geared towards the idea of turning back to God. It was mostly about the power of the individual, faith, and restoring honor, that is it in a nutshell.

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 11:28 PM

“White hot rage for this f@#$er, nothing less.”

“What a disgusting insult to the troops and to the families of the fallen.”

“He looks like that a**hole principal you never wanted to see in his office.”

“What a pathetic dork our President is.”

“The guy has NO BALLS !

All those, bar the first one, seem rather mild to me. I heard much worse said about Bush and you likely have too. Did you have a hizzy fit then?

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:03 PM

You still have not answered the question. As for you not being the one hating, well you know what they say about in the eyes of the beholder.

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 11:17 PM

No it is not fair enough. You act like a lynch mob.

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Obama mumbles to the rescue!

Yeeehawh!

The economy will be booming shortly with such a show of enthusiasm.

The President is a veritable human firecracker of inspiration!

Barack ZZZZZzzzz Obama.

profitsbeard on August 31, 2010 at 11:30 PM

gotcrabs is in despair because all his marxist hopes and dreams have been shattered.

faraway on August 31, 2010 at 11:30 PM

“I will not rest…”

Gob on August 31, 2010 at 9:55 PM

until the real killer is found?

Fighton03 on August 31, 2010 at 11:34 PM

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 11:28 PM

Stone, I did not get offended by the post of peeps blowing off steam here as you posted at 11:17pm. I thought that you were only talking about the deleted post.

I think people are just venting here because the Prez is crazy-making. Especially here and especially after tonight. I’m sure it’s just a catharsis.

Gob on August 31, 2010 at 11:35 PM

faraway on August 31, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Hope and Change has transmuted into Crash and Burn.

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Obama’s aim for the speech was to have both sides bickering about Bush all week.

It will energize his base for November. (But, it will make Bush look better in the long run)

faraway on August 31, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Hussein Louie even brings a foreign head of state to the White House to attack Arizona. He has sent paperwork to the U.N. denouncing Arizona, one of his country’s own 57 states. I think, all in all, the anger is quite mild.

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:38 PM

rather mild? well I’d hate to see spicy, lol. Yes, I’ve heard disgusting insults hurled at President Bush also, but nothing I say right now will make you believe that I was against that also.

Look dude, I’m not sure what it is you are trying to accomplish by asking me where the hatred comes from, because I honestly don’t know…and that IS my answer. See, it is one thing to hate a person’s policies (which I have no objection to), but another to HATE the person or that person’s appearance, or the decor of the oval office for that matter. Is that clear enough for you?

No it is not fair enough. You act like a lynch mob.

huh???

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 11:39 PM

You know what? This guy is a f_n joke!

Hummer53 on August 31, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Every one sing along with StoneKrab.

I love Barack Obama, he’s my main man
About all his attacking Americans stuff, I’ll just look the other way, ’cause I can
I’m so sure he’s always looking out equally for you and me
That he’s an honest man, all can plainly see
Whatever he says, is certainly good enough for me

Cheshire Cat on August 31, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Every one sing along with StoneKrab.

I love Barack Obama, he’s my main man
I’m so sure he’s always looking out equally for you and me
That he’s an honest man, all can plainly see
Whatever he says, is certainly good enough for me

Cheshire Cat on August 31, 2010 at 11:44 PM

and on that note…I’m out. The children have come out to play.

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Someone started mentioning this earlier (I am going to bed after this and don’t have time to look back- sorry)

It is strange for a President who wants to open up trade with Cuba and by doing so says that blockade was ineffective and that it stopped US companies from selling products to Cuba to be at the same time be as a candidate against the Iraq war, against the surge and therefore be for the UN backed embargo of Iraq. If he had been President at the time we would still be trying to keep weapons making material out of Saddam’s hands and for all the effort of getting food/medicine to the citizens of Iraq- failing at that too.

Because isn’t that what he is talking about when he says he disagreed with Bush on the war? and that not just our military is to be engaged worldwide? That he would have opted for more useless embargoes?

Now, if long term stability can be achieved and a leader chosen who isn’t anti-US we can open up markets to/from Iraq.

journeyintothewhirlwind on August 31, 2010 at 11:52 PM

You want to know what you are, Barack Obama? Huh? Huh? You don’t, I do, everyone does… you’re the son of a thousand fathers, all America hating little fuhrers like you.

Tuco on August 31, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Hope and Change has transmuted into Crash and Burn.

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:36 PM

A perfect bumper sticker!

Although, for the general driving public, transmute will have to be downgraded to something more in line with Obama’s pay grade.

And made more visually striking.

Viz.~

HOPE and CHANGE
CRASH and BURN

profitsbeard on August 31, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Someone should play side by side videos of the military greeting Pres Bush after a speech and the Ft. Bliss greeting PBH0 got. Notice how much space they gave 0? Notice how they crowd up against Pres Bush?

Oleta on September 1, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Wow. Some of you guys have some extreme hatred towards the President

Yup, I hate his guts. I also hated Jimmy Carter. I hate sniveling, bitter, looting commies. You are just better than me.

yubley on September 1, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Was that a 2010 version of MAX HEADROOM or
Conan Obrien is now at the White house and pasted a talking Obama head onto the video ?

ELMO Q on September 1, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Obama missed his chance tonight

He should have done 3 things

1) Pasted his long from Birth certificate on his fore head
2) Looked straight into the camera and said
” I am a Christian and Jesus Christ is my savior ”
3) Admitted he was wrong about the surge, and has learned from his Military advisers and instilled confidence that Afghanistan was going to turn out good ( it isnt)

3 simple points and his approval rate goes back to 60%

ELMO Q on September 1, 2010 at 12:33 AM

It was not hard to read the President’s mind while he gave his talk.

“This is totally no fun. They told me this job would be just like being class president!”

Really Right on September 1, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Tuco on August 31, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Gosh, StoneKrab appears not to appreciate the talents of Cheshire Cat. Isn’t that sad?

Cindy Munford on September 1, 2010 at 1:33 AM

rosewaning on September 1, 2010 at 1:35 AM

My Fellow Hot Air Compadres,

As a concerned American citizen, I just feel sad that the Office of the President is in such disrepute these days.

I finally heard some semblance of statesmanship in Obama’s speech in ascribing some credit to George Bush. I so want to believe that this was heartfelt but then I recall how relentless Obama has been in disrespectfully and unjustly blaming the Bush Administration for a host of problems, most recently taking another jab at it this past Sunday in New Orleans during his speech commemorating the 5-year anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.

I heard parts of his speech talking about healing and getting stronger as a nation. But then I juxtapose that talk with how the Obama Administration has so eagerly become the sworn enemy of the State of Arizona, when all that state is trying to do is protect itself by honoring the rule of law. And I add to that how Obama has single-handedly brought racial tensions to the highest I have ever seen in my lifetime, and how class warfare continues to be a common theme in the domestic policies he implements.

I heard President Obama say that our forces will remain among the finest fighting forces in the world, and I heard other remarks honoring our armed forces and our veterans. But then I contrast this talk of strength with how he has repeatedly apologized for America around the world and has thereby without fail projected a perception of weakness.

I am just sad. The words spoken have the potential to be inspiring if they could be received in isolation from all that has gone on before with this President. Alas, they cannot. Despite what emotions may want me to believe, cold logic suggests that against the backdrop of all of Obama’s actions (and inaction) as President before tonight, Obama is acting not from the heart but in desperation to try to stave off the bloodbath that his party will suffer in just 2 months.

If only we had a President that could truly inspire us as a nation again. I pray that I may live to see it happen someday.

Goodnight, fellow patriots.

OneVision on September 1, 2010 at 1:50 AM

He’s a small man.

President Shrimp

justltl on September 1, 2010 at 2:04 AM

What’s with his voice? Is this the first time he’s spoken without condescension in his voice? It sounds like someone put a violin mute on him. -rosewaning

Yeah, the change in his voice was noticeable and very unnatural.

I’m also extremely put off by his serpent-like enunciation of the letter “S”. I’ve always thought that this, along with other noticeably affected vocal mannerisms are evidence of extensive speech training such as Neurolinguistic Programing.

If you study him closely while he’s speaking, you can see the wires sticking out.

The manchild was not born of a mother-

he was designed by committee.

sartana on September 1, 2010 at 2:13 AM

Since I refuse to listen to anything the POS has to say,I have to ask which one of the #1 Top Priorities was his latest BS about?
Nevermind,I don’t really want to know.

DDT on September 1, 2010 at 3:47 AM

See, it is one thing to hate a person’s policies (which I have no objection to
stonekrab

and how do you separate the person from the policies they devise and enact, it’s not like the policies develop in a vaccum or materialize out of thin air…The prez and his team is behind said policies and they are vastly unpopular right now…if the general perception is that he is deliberately destroying the US and the foundations on which this country was built (or well, that he is ‘fundamentally transforming America’, depending if you accept the terminology from the left :) how can you not see that in the eyes of a lot of people it is hard if not impossbile to divorce his policies from his persona? Hence the anger directed at him personally. If you and your family are directly and negatively impacted by his policies of course you will start making the whole thing personal…you start associating those policies with him/the prez, hating the policies does not do you any good, being angry at the politicians who devised them is beneficial in that it motivates you to get out there and vote them out…so I believe the anger and even hate towards politicians and those in power sometimes is justified, it keeps you motivated and helps you mobilize against those who attack your values and threaten your lifestyle, etc with their idiotic policies…

jimver on September 1, 2010 at 4:21 AM

clueless

Metro on September 1, 2010 at 5:54 AM

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Oh look, another Charles Johnson sock puppet.

Did you establish your meme? What did you collect?

Inanemergencydial on September 1, 2010 at 6:00 AM

See, it is one thing to hate a person’s policies (which I have no objection to
stonekrab

Are his frequent apologies for America examples of policy?
Are his obsequious bows to foreign leaders examples of policy?
Is his refusal to accept the concerns of “bitter clingers” as legitimate, or even to acknowledge those people when they show up on his doorstep in the hundreds of thousands (on 9/12 and 8/28) examples of policy?
Is his conviction that if he just tell the idiot populace about his healthcare scheme often enough we’ll love it like he does an example of policy?
Is his tone deafness about livin’ large when the country is struggling in an economic crisis an example of policy?
Is his refusal to even acknowledge Republican proposals, to the point of repeatedly saying they don’t exist, an example of policy?
Is his continual whining about how he “inherited this mess” after campaigning hard and spending millions for the privilege an example of policy?

Then yeah, I hate his policies. And his domestic agenda. And his foreign policy (what little there is of it.)

Quisp on September 1, 2010 at 6:58 AM

Let’s stop talking about the liberation of an enslaved people and start talking about this sick, screwed up economy I’ve created. This dolt is absolutely clueless.

rplat on September 1, 2010 at 7:33 AM

Was it my imagination or was the suit bigger than the man last night?

JAW on September 1, 2010 at 7:47 AM

What a terrible, waste of time, speech.

Was there ever mentioned in the speech that people around the world should live in Democracies and have/enjoy the freedoms of people in the US and western world?

Was there mentioned that the US will work with the Iraqis to ensure a stable, vibrant democratic govt and strong economy…however long it takes?

Was there mentioned any type of overriding international policy goals that this administration has?

This was a “the polls say most people are interested in the economy” so I better talk about that. This speech was chocked full of blah,blah,blah empty political platitudes and rhetoric. An empty suit speech.

I have noticed that the more I listen to Obama the more I do not care for his monotone, fake radio announcer voice. It is like a constant, droning tone in a tin can.

Obama is the worst President in modern times and possible the worst Democratic majority Congress, too.

albill on September 1, 2010 at 7:50 AM

and on that note…I’m out. The children have come out to play.

StoneKrab on August 31, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Miss Manners has left the building in a huff. Aren’t you ashamed of yourselves, you naughty, naughty children?

The poor dear was upset that people write angry, silly things in blogs. I, myself, am horrified that some have likened our president to a bladder-like bag used to irrigate and cleanse certain orifices of the human anatomy.

Absolutely appalling.

Stop it now, say you’re sorry, and be nice to each other.

And say “please” before calling each other names. For instance:

“Please, may I call you an idiot?”
“No you may not. But thank you for asking. May I call you a feces head?”
“If you must.”
“Thank you, feces head.”
“My pleasure.”

Maybe he’ll come back. I hope so. We need more mature adults here at HotAle … er … Air

Rod on September 1, 2010 at 7:52 AM

Did we win???

I heard the word victory exactly once … World leadership is tough, when your mind is on making your nation a slave state.

tarpon on September 1, 2010 at 7:55 AM

What was with the Obama family pix in the background last night?

It wasn’t folksy, it was distracting and tacky.

marybel on September 1, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Yeah, me too.

About his kitchen sink speech last night, let me get this straight: Bush’s expenditure for the war against terrorism is the reason the unemployment rate is almost 10% and our skyrocketing debt is bankrupting the country?

And the WH wonders why the outrage?

petefrt on September 1, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Wow. Some of you guys have some extreme hatred towards the President

I don’t think hatred against a man purposefully trying to destroy what America is by socializing it and making it just a nothern european nation is wrong. Sorry.

And, I love leftists who come on here and say this after 8 years of teh most vitriolic hatred ever seen against the former president. Really, your side had movies about assinating Bush, feted Michael Moore and his lying propaganda movies, continue to fete Castro and Chavez, and called Bush Hitler and chimp for 8 years.

Sure, you can come on here now and pretend you did not approve of that or participate in it, but it was way, way too widespread and mainstream among the left to pretend differently now, to pretend it was just a fringe. If it was a fringe, Kos wouldn’t be as big as he is. DU wouldnt’ be, Olberman wouldn’t be, and on and on.

Like all things, whenever a leftist accuses a righty of something, it is really a matter of projection. For instance, leftists accuse righties of everything being code for race – b/c that is the way leftists operate, so they assume that is the way righties operate.

Monkeytoe on September 1, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Monkeytoe on September 1, 2010 at 8:19 AM

The icing on the cake is that he got himself elected by misrepresenting himself as a mainstream thinker, denying his radical past as needed, and as soon as he took office he turned into the most radical leftist prez of our time. It was all a fraud.

petefrt on September 1, 2010 at 8:41 AM

OneVision on September 1, 2010 at 1:50 AM

Megadittos.
You’ve reflected my heart over this man and situation, precisely.

pambi on September 1, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Yeh right, let’s talk about something else instead of war, how about ME? No, OK than let’s take Economy for $500.

The answer, Afghanistan. The question, Will there be enough left in economy to continue the war. The real answer is equivalent to the Viet Nam were we revived an honorable mention in Military History.

MSGTAS on September 1, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Racist.

Tav on August 31, 2010 at 11:10 PM

WOW! The word chocolate is now racist. Tav, you are a joke!

Brian on September 1, 2010 at 10:50 AM

This cotton picking president is so out of his league.

The Notorious G.O.P on August 31, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Do I detect subtle racial undertones?

Tommy_G on August 31, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I got it because I’m a Newsbusters fan. Did HotAir cover this CNN Tex Baxter/Rick Sanchez story here? I don’t recall seeing it.
(It’s OK/em>> to call our current president the “this cotton-picking president!” because Sanchez did it and it means nothing negative.)

Marcus on August 31, 2010 at 10:09 PM

SSShhhh! A democratic on CNN said ‘cotton-picking President’ so it’s okay. Must not discuss…

slickwillie2001 on September 1, 2010 at 11:35 AM

“Good evening fellow Americans

But enough about Iraq let’s talk about me.”

MaiDee on September 1, 2010 at 6:19 PM