Obama: The people at Beck’s rally are filled with anxiety

posted at 12:23 pm on August 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

Seven minutes with The One on Glenn Beck’s rally, the Ground Zero mosque, and the endless conspiracizing about his faith and birthplace. (Wisely, he passed on Carville’s advice on what to say about that last subject.) Something for everyone here. For Birthers, agony when Williams declines to press him on the location of the holy grail, a.k.a. his long-form birth certificate. For mosque supporters/opponents, confusion when he suggests that he supports Park51 being built where it is (since we’d let a church or synagogue be built there), then hedges once again by emphasizing that he’s not endorsing any particular project. And for political junkies, shock when a question about Glenn Beck’s religious rally on the Mall leads him to repeat his single biggest mistake of the 2008 campaign. Here’s the money quote, which comes at the very end of the clip. Isn’t this his infamous bitter/clinger theory of small-town values voters dressed up in slightly more politic language?

I — I do think that it’s important for us to recognize that right now, the country’s going through a very difficult time, as a consequence of years of neglect in a whole range of areas. Our schools not working the way they need to, so we’ve slipped in terms of the number of college graduates, you know?

A financial system that was not, you know, operating in a way that maintained integrity and assured that the people who were investing or who were buying a home or were using a credit card weren’t getting in some way cheated. We had a health care system that was broken and that was bankrupting families and businesses. All those issues are big, tough, difficult issues. And those are just our domestic issues. That’s before we get to policy issues in two wars. And a continuing battle against terrorists who want to do us harm.

So, given all those anxieties — and given the fact that, you know, in none of these situations are you going to be fix things overnight. It’s not surprising that somebody like a Mr. Beck is able to stir up a certain portion of the country. That’s been true throughout our history. What I’m focused on is making sure that the decisions we’re making now are going to be be not good for the nightly news. Not good even necessarily for the next election. But are good for the next generation. And I’m very confident that those decisions are the ones that we’ve made.

He says he didn’t watch the rally so he may be under the impression that it was a three-hour “the socialists are coming!” Obama bash-fest. Not so; Weigel is closer to the mark in describing it as “the world’s largest megachurch.” I don’t know what The One was thinking, but dismissing what ended up being a big revival meeting as a byproduct of economic anxiety is not the way to ingratiate oneself with religious voters. And I’m not sure how to take the bit about America producing fewer college grads than it used to. Is he suggesting that that’s one of the things Beck’s audience is worried about? Or is he suggesting that it’s because they themselves are ill-educated that they follow Beck at all?

Update: I changed the headline to emphasize his comments about the rally instead of the Birther thing, which is actually tangential to the post.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 1:58 PM

GL, I posted something after that post to clarify my position. It may or may not make a difference, but just for clarity sake I say that.

I could not agree more with your bottom line. I am just saying that these are all small cogs in a big wheel.

I just can’t see an apt. comparison of Birthers to the 9/11 Truthers because the Truther’s (as I see it) mostly just wanted to jump on the considerable bandwagon of “Bush is evil” rather than look at the evidence. I see the birther issue (again) as a legitimate question that just makes ZerObama more suspicious. The truther issue is kookery.

At the end of the day, I do think it’s an apt question AND I agree with your distraction assessment (in a macro sense) completely. There are bigger fish to fry, but I still keep the birther issue on the back burner as a bit of the ultimate aggregate conclusion.

Gob on August 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM

Did Williams bow to Obama while the latter was sitting in the chair? Or was Williams simply bobbing while Obama sat there?

cyclown on August 30, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I’ve long since given up worrying about whether you’re legit or not.

Mad Mad Monica on August 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM

And who cares, right? It’s not like having to prove where you were born is a necessary requirement to run for the office of POTUS.
What I’m more concerned about is things like voter fraud, which is what I suspect helped get him where he is today (but of course there’s no proof of that I’m sure). Call me a ‘fraudster’ & please forgive my conspiratory thinking.
I suppose I can pretend I am surprised at the level of contempt this pompous a$$ who is the POTUS shows his subjects.
Mostly what I’m concerned with, however, is the lack of mental prowess that is contained within the collective bunch that is known as the American People.

It is bcs of these people that we are in the mess we are today.
Bitterly clinging to ignorance, stupidity, indifference,and hopelessness.

Badger40 on August 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Normally, I would agree, but I spent several years on Truther debating/debunking forums, and I can safely attest that this wasn’t the case at all.

Some of the people were just wayward Bush haters who wafted the fumes, took a sip and smartened up after a few of their “predictions” and “public breakthroughs” didn’t materialize and they just dropped it.

But the core of that group of crazies actually have gone through a lot of the evidence (documents, reports, pics, videos, testimony, etc) and still believe it. Some have attempted to use credentials in their fields such as being an pilot, architect or engineer to lend “credibility” to the claims of Truther (ie, Architects for 9-11 Truth, etc.).

These hard-core peeps actually believe it, and they’ve reviewed the evidence. Of course, the sane among us also reviewed the same evidence and saw no such thing, but that doesn’t matter to the tru believer.

The want to believe (X-Files theme), so they do.

It’s sad, but it’s reality.

As for Birthers, I hold them in less contempt, but only slightly. I know they think they’re only doing what they believe is right for the country, but that doesn’t make what they believe “right.” It just makes them either unwilling or unable to accept facts that don’t paint Obama as a Muslim-Hitler-Devil-Kenyan-Foreign-Userper or whatever, and that’s profoundly stupid and unhelpful.

If people renounce it, I’m all for bringing them into the fold. If not, lots of luck. You’ll get no quarter here.

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Aren’t we lucky to have Obama as America’s angst angel?

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on August 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM

He’s not a Muslim, nor a Christian. He’s a Utopian idealist, perhaps an agnost. No one should care what his religion, or lack thereof is. His ideology is the problem.
Schadenfreude on August 30, 2010 at 1:48 PM

No, Obama is neither agnostist, nor what you think of as a liberal Utopianist. Go to any liberal arts graduate school in America, and you’ll find hundreds of Reids and Pelosis, and dozens of Barak Hussien Obamas. They are all stamped out of plastic, but from two COMPLETELY different molds.

Barack Hussein Obama is a Black Liberation Theologist. He spent his entire adult life, not sitting in a back pew putting in face time as the official story goes, but advancing to the highest innermost sanctum of that church. And you don’t do that without being a True Believer.

Nation of Islam and Trinity were formed at the same time, in the same place, by the same people and for the same reason. The Christian and Islamic references are nothing but window dressing. Their only quantifiable goal is the destruction of what they think of as “White America.”

After that point, their theology devolves into a bunch of incoherent gibberish about “Chickens coming home to roost” and “Giant Motherwheel Spaceships.” That’s because, according to their theology, what happens to the smoking crater after they’ve done their work isn’t their concern; that part is all in God’s hands.

That’s why so many liberals are becoming disillusioned now. They thought Obama really was their Messiah; that he had some secret plan to magically make Communism WORK this time. Some of the smartest liberals (which, sadly isn’t saying a lot) are very, very slowly beginning to figure out the truth: Barack Hussien Obama doesn’t HAVE an endgame. All he’s doing is throwing monkey wrenches into the most critical joints of American society and economy as fast as he possibly can.

And all the conservatives who keep calling Obama “incompetent” are way off the mark, too. The man is perfectly qualified to do the job he has spent his entire life being groomed for. It’s just that the job he’s trying to do is nothing like the one most people assume he should be doing.

logis on August 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Maybe the declining poll numbers are humbling him?

terryannonline on August 30, 2010 at 1:03 PM

LOL! You are pretty naieve if you believe that one!
His conceit & condescension is only a little thicker-veiled.
Hence the vague wording on certain parts of the country.
Leopards do NOT change their spots.

Badger40 on August 30, 2010 at 2:22 PM

They were playing footsie.

What Obama needs to address is just how out of touch his team is. OK – we can understand that in 2008 it was hard to determine the extent of the economic situation. But the dude was ready to roll out a “summer recovery” program indicating that they cant predict what the status is one freakin month ahead.

Of course this creates anxiety.

iam7545 on August 30, 2010 at 2:22 PM

He lost the message. It wasn’t about HIM. It was about our troops and being proud of our Nation and our heritage.

Get over yourself already, Obamaman. You ain’t all that.

Key West Reader on August 30, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Gob on August 30, 2010 at 2:08 PM

I guess that long post is my way of saying that 9-11 Twoofers and Burthers aren’t really different groups at all.

9-11 Truthers had their bulk of Bush haters, but they also had a sizable contingent of far-far-right loonies (think Alex Jones Inc.) pushing that nonsense, and the same kinds of people are fanning the birther flames (in AJ’s case, the same people).

And when you see that overlap, it’s a giant red flag. You just have to realize that conspiracy theories and their adherents don’t necessarily break down along political lines.

It’s not necessarily left vs. right.

It’s more like brick sh*thouse-insane vs. normal.

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I don’t remember him ever saying anything condescending or demeaning about ordinary citizens who protested his policies (or his very existence).

juliesa on August 30, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Bush never had a bad word for anyone… except Conservatives.

He personally and derisively called those wanting secure borders “vigilantes” and on another occasion said that those opposed to his amnesty “don’t want to do what’s right for America.”

RJL on August 30, 2010 at 2:24 PM

logis on August 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM

He truly is perfectly groomed for destroying the American govt of a representative Republic.
He, & others like him, hate this nation’s mechanics of govt & seek to destroy it in any way he/they can.
So the oath he took to uphold the Constitution must have really stuck in his craw.

Badger40 on August 30, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Obama was pitch perfect in his interview if what one is pitching are cow turds.

Some people can tell the difference between sh** and shinola.

Dhuka on August 30, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I guess we just disagree. I can’t explain my position more succinctly than I already have.

Gob on August 30, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Khun Joe on August 30, 2010 at 2:29 PM

It’s more like brick sh*thouse-insane vs. normal.

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I would add that sometimes this is a fine line compared to reality.
So people who question everything that they ‘heard’ or ‘saw’ or ‘experienced’ can often be in both boats, as labeled by the rest of the group, which could be insane themselves or not.
And so it is that normal people are often labeled ‘kooks’ bcs of their desire to question the ‘facts’.
It’s a crapper when you’re on the minority side.
But history usually has a way of sorting these things out.
Like science did for the Kennedy shooting.
And no I don’t mean Oliver Stone’s movie JFK.

Badger40 on August 30, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 2:23 PM

GL, do peeps think Alex Jones is right wing? I guess I am asking for clarity as I certainly don’t. I did try to watch his “The Obama Deception” (I actually tried to be objective…I knew where it was coming from) but I lasted 10 minutes. He is a kook. I just never considered him Right Wing and it would be curious to me if some peeps did.

I know the lines can be blurred. I know sometimes I’ll put on Rolle James (Fridays!) and there are some agreements (non Friday’s of course), but I also know when the kookery comes in. Fine lines I guess.

Gob on August 30, 2010 at 2:35 PM

We are, indeed, filled with anxiety. Shame we can’t afford to vacation in Martha’s Vinyard or the south of France to help take the edge off, but we’re only little people, after all. Now where’d I leave that cake?

Blacklake on August 30, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Badger40 on August 30, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Badger, I think you may have said what I was trying to imply.

Gob on August 30, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I think he roped a doped people on the birth certificate. He never posted the original birth certificate, only a proof of birth doc, or whatever it is. Who knows if the original was lost, destroyed, etc. They waited forever to even mention the birth cerificate to the point that they can call people “Birthers” or kooks that oppose them. Whenever things look bad for Obama, the libs start making fun of the birth certificate issue.

jeffn21 on August 30, 2010 at 2:44 PM

One more proof that Obama is a Muslim. He wants the American People afraid of him just much as Terrorist Muslims want us afraid of them. That is why he is dismantling every American strength as fast as he can.

jimw on August 30, 2010 at 2:46 PM

It’s a crapper when you’re on the minority side.

Yes, I know this.

I feel bad that people can get put off at strong characterizations of this particular strain of individual, but my ire is not directed at those “asking questions” so much as it is at those screaming loudly that questions aren’t being asked or answered, and who are even making $$$ off of the curiosity and gullibility of what are essentially mostly good people.

Questions have been asked, have been answered, and the answers don’t suggest a massive conspiracy. Bad bookkeeping? Perhaps. A box on the form checked “Muslim” by Obama’s parent? Who knows, and frankly, who cares. A secret plan to make the baby a future POTUS bent on turning America into the new USSR? Please.

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Anxiety? Yeah, when I saw that bicycle without training wheels.

ziggyville on August 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Why, yes, yes he does look like Curious George in that screen shot.

onlineanalyst on August 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Funny and telling

Compare and contrast

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2010 at 2:51 PM

jeffn21 on August 30, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Jeff, your opinion on why they do so, yet when it came to the 9/11 Truther stuff (which they sided on) it did not have the same desired effect on the GOP? My belief is that many uninformed BELIEVED it rather than see the kookery.

Guess I am just fascinated on how the LEFT can take on a strategy once used to disprove their kookery and then run with it to paint their opponents as kooks.

Gob on August 30, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Didn’t his “plastered birth certificate” line sound as contrived as the “I’m trying to find out whose ass to kick” line?

olesparkie on August 30, 2010 at 3:01 PM

A natural born citizen is NOT a naturalized citizen, no matter how many Obama enablers say to the contrary.

Either the Constitution applies, or not. And all those who INSIST that it not apply are not conservatives, not even neoconservatives. Those who disregard the US Constitution are PROGRESSIVES supporting Marxism.

maverick muse on August 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM

BULLSEYE!!!!

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 3:08 PM

So his mother was American and gave birth in Hawaii (making him an American citizen), the state has vouched for all of this, but he’s not naturalized American citizen or something because his father left. Or something. It’s, um, in the Constitution.

And if you think this sounds strained and stupid (it is), you’re a progressive communist Marxist Alinskyte tyrant.

Got it.

Folks, this is why Birthers are not taken seriously.

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Here’s something the birthers, non-birthers, and don’t knows need to deal with:

It no longer matters where or when he was born. He was elected to the Presidency. No amount of arguing over a birth certificate will change that. Does anyone think he’ll just walk out of the WH if a “real” BC is discovered? No, he won’t. So let it go.

Begin to deal with the current situation. Use your energy or disgust or whatever word turns you on to ensure that he is rendered powerless in November.

Let’s change his title from “the one we’ve been waiting for” to “the guy who lives in the White House”.

BobMbx on August 30, 2010 at 1:18 PM

You are right of course, he’s not going anywhere. The truth in this case would be more useful to bludgeon the liberal media with, perhaps terminally. The liberal media is as much our enemy as the Bamster’s administration. They put him into office. They will do all they can to get him reelected.

slickwillie2001 on August 30, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Got it.

Folks, this is why Birthers are not taken seriously.

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM

The eligibility of Charles Evans Hughes (1862–1948) was questioned in an article written by Breckinridge Long, and published in the Chicago Legal News during the U.S. presidential election of 1916, in which Hughes was narrowly defeated by Woodrow Wilson. Long claimed that Hughes was ineligible because his father had not yet naturalized at the time of his birth and was still a British citizen.

Since his Irish father William was naturalized 14 years after Chester Arthur’s birth,[41] his citizenship status at birth is unclear, because he was born before the 1868 ratification of the 14th Amendment, which provided that any person born on United States territory and being subject to the jurisdiction thereof was considered a born U.S. citizen, and because he was a British subject at birth by patrilineal jus sanguinis.[42] Arthur’s natural born citizenship status is therefore equally unclear.

Yeah really crazy and far out opinions.

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Obama is a true believer. He is convinced that he has put our country on the trajectory to utopia. It will just take a while to get there. So hold on. After a few more generations go by we’ll be as happy as we could possibly be. After all, this is the march of history, right?

What could go wrong?

This guy hasn’t gotten the message. He is an ideologue. He has got to have his power curtailed. Big Time.

ksm on August 30, 2010 at 3:34 PM

He’s off script and winging it.

“college graduates, you know?” “was not, you know, operating” “the fact that, you know, in none”

This is how a teenager talks, not an edumakiated adult. Like ya know like what I’m saying like you know.

DSchoen on August 30, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM

And yet here you are associating with them.

Christien on August 30, 2010 at 3:45 PM

And yet here you are associating with them.

Christien on August 30, 2010 at 3:45 PM

That’s kind of a stretch…at the very least he’s putting the ‘a$$’ in ‘associate’.

Dark-Star on August 30, 2010 at 3:49 PM

DSchoen on August 30, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Maybe he is the last Kennedy brother, after all.

Christien on August 30, 2010 at 3:54 PM

And yet, Obama & Democrats just gave a big, fat, $26 BILLION BAILOUT to the teachers. Without any accountability; without ANY plan whatsoever to improve graduation rates. How does this help the children??

TN Mom on August 30, 2010 at 3:57 PM

What was it that convinced people this guy was capable of acting as a unifier and healer?

He’s just a bitter little man clinging to his ill-considered ideology.

BD57 on August 30, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Do I hate what Obama and his minions are doing to our country? Of course. But am I afraid? No, because my faith is in God…not any man or woman.

Obama can continue lying all he wants. God knows the truth about him, and in God’s time the truth will come out. It always does, and there is nothing and no one (not even Obama) who can stop God.

GrannyDee on August 30, 2010 at 4:02 PM

I doubt at this point many people even listen to what the POTUs says nor cares.

unseen on August 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM

I haven’t listened to him since he took office – can’t stand to look at him or listen to him. I don’t much like liars and crooks.

silvernana on August 30, 2010 at 4:03 PM

So Obama didn’t catch the Beck rally, just like he never watched the big Tea Party rallies either. But he’s got enough knowledge to be able to comment on both.

Just admit it, chump: you watched at least part of it because you’re obsessed with yourself and must know what people are saying about you, either good or ill. Not like Bush, who really didn’t care what folks thought of him and went about doing the job America elected him to do.

Obummer: looking more like a one-termer every day, and perhaps the biggest failed presidency in our nation’s history.

Grace_is_sufficient on August 30, 2010 at 4:10 PM

I have a sense that the tide turned months ago, and Obama isn’t framing the debate, nor has he been for some time.

He never says anything surprising. Everything is hard-academic-left boilerplate. He really does seem out of touch with the march of reality. His head isn’t where most Americans’ are.

In a way, I think we’re backing into an election season in which, for the first time in many decades (and perhaps more than a century), what it’s all really about is the two parties slogging it out for Congress by focusing on political differences, and NOT on a framework centered on the guy in the White House. In a way, I think the period from Reconstruction to Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson may have been the last time we saw this dynamic.

J.E. Dyer on August 30, 2010 at 4:11 PM

Certain portion? Yes, the portion that love the Constitution and respect the country. The portion not looking for a handout. The portion that understand the definition of a socialist.
The portion that have always loved the country, not just when their husband won a primary for president.

FireBlogger on August 30, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Why is it that not only does berri get to set the meme that those who want to see his life documentation are kooks, but he gets quisling conservatives to do his attack work for him?

Imagine if it was George W. Bush who refused to show a simple birth certificate, was spending over a million dollars in litigation, most likely OUR tax dollars, and in fact was allowing a highly decorated flight surgeon to be court martialed, rather than just show the birth cert.

Imagine if it was George W. Bush who refused to show all of his passports for all of his lifetime travels.

Imagine if George W. Bush’s father was a Kenyan-British citizen at the time of George’s birth, thus conferring dual citizenship upon George W.

Imagine if it was George W. Bush who had been born to, then adopted by a muslim father, schooled as a muslim and Indonesian citizen according to Indonesian school records, however, there is no record of George W., a dual citizen at birth and muslim citizen through adoption, ever naturalizing as a U.S. citizen. Raise your hand if you think that would pretty much nix Constitutional eligibility to the presidency right there if the Left were trying to bring down a conservative.

Imagine George W. Bush refusing to release Ivy League universities’ entrance exam grades, classes taken and grades earned, loan and tuition records, term papers, etc.

Imagine George W. Bush being appointed to distribute $100 MILLION DOLLARS for “education purposes” as one of the heads of a foundation FOUNDED by a domestic terrorist, one Bill Ayers, with whom George W. claimed no more knowledge of than a nodding neighborhood acquaintance.

Imagine George W. Bush insisting on a Congressional hearing to determine whether his presidential campaign opponent’s birth documentation made him Constitutionally eligible to run for president – all the while refusing to release his own.

Any of the above, if perpretrated by George W. Bush would be investigated to the nth degree and applauded as an heroic Woodward-Bernstein expose.

Only spineless conservatives would allow the Left to make them “cringe” and call each other birthers, with a capital “B”, when if the tables were turned, Lefties would scream non-stop from every media outlet in the world about the fact that a President of the United States of America refused to even provide a birth certificate or any other basic proof of existence or schooling.

This is such an easy to understand issue, and has the power to discredit/unseat a President just as easily as the much harder to prove charges such as whether berri was involved with the Blago/senate seat problem, the Sestak bribe, or any other of countless offenses that are no doubt impeachable, but much more esoteric and harder to prove.

The Left would know that this message of hidden identity would play to the masses, and could turn the masses with ease.

The Left would run with it as a gift from heaven. They would use it to ask over and over again, if it were George W.: “who is this man?”, “what is he hiding?”, “is he Constitutionally eligible?”, “how can we know when he won’t give us his records?”, “what is the genesis of his citizenships, if any, in foreign nations?”, “where are his travel and schooling records?”, “Is he lying to America about these vital issues?” and on and on.

The Left would call themselves “protectors of the United States Constitution” and they would be telling the truth, for once.

If a conservative was hiding what berri was, the Left would call anyone who blocked revelation of the documents an “enemy of the Constitution” and they would be right again.

RINO conservatives can’t recognize what a great club to beat obama over the head with is right in front of them.
Lefties may call names over it, but the average American would damn well want to know why the berri is getting away with all of the above, when we need to show more to get a state I.D.

Yes, OF COURSE, pursue him on every other issue as well, but let this issue pursue him also. Don’t stop those who wish to expose the FRAUDULENT IMPOSTER, destroying the U.S. day by day.

How we have allowed a school-yard smear to obstruct a very legitimate, and seriously criminal line of investigation, which could conceivably remove berri and sentence him to Leavenworth, is a disgrace.

And I submit that those conservatives who traffic in being the Left’s bit$@es in this whole fiasco have nothing to be proud of and should straighten up and fly right.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 2:47 PM

Why not?
His mom, dad and his grandparents were all Communists.
Research it.

As for the BC, why does he hide it if it shows nothing strange?
(And for the record, I’m not much of a birther.)
Maybe it says he’s a bastard, or that 0bama Sr. isn’t the father but Frank Marshall Davis is or that his father’s race is listed as “Arab,” or that he really was born in Kenya.
He’s spent at least $1 million to keep his BC under wraps for some reason.

Jenfidel on August 30, 2010 at 4:25 PM

The reason for “the anxiety” is that it’s become clear to an ever increasing number of Americans that Obowbow’s idea of fundamental change is ruling against the will of the people, while redistributing the fortunes of the productive members of the country to the growing victim and or entitlement crowd.

The “truthers” and “birthers” dilute the effect of the real conspiracy which was the media running cover for an unaccomplished affirmative action college lecturer, presented as a constitutional professor, while obfuscating important background details that would have otherwise disqualified him as a presidential candidate for many independents.

ontherocks on August 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I wish I could rate your post. I will anyway. On a 1 to 5 scale I give it a 5+.

FireBlogger on August 30, 2010 at 4:31 PM

I wish I could rate your post. I will anyway. On a 1 to 5 scale I give it a 5+.

FireBlogger on August 30, 2010 at 4:31 PM

You’re not the only one!

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 4:37 PM

How would Obama know anything about the people at the rally? He admitted not watching it. Obama wouldn’t be assuming things about people he’s never met, has he? The way he does with BP executives? Or Cambridge police?

hawksruleva on August 30, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Oh please, keep it up. The juxtapositioning of the photos of Obama and Putin on the Drudge Report is funny enough, and the photo of what looks like the POTUS getting his umbrella caught up on some wrought iron just below it is precious, too.

DrStock on August 30, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I’m so glad that other so-called “birthers” (and again, I am not afraid of the label but I clarified that why the issue is not easily dismissed by me) came out a bit.

Don’t be cowed just because other Conservatives seem to think it’s nutty. There is room for debate. The debate, if constructive, can help strengthen or weaken the belief. The truth in the end (along with an understanding that of course it should not be the be-all, end-all issue at this time) is what I want.

Gob on August 30, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Gob on August 30, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Not cowed just contemptuous of those who are so afraid of the left that they do their dirty work in the hope of some crumbs off their table. They are the sort who will jump on the bandwagon after others win the fight and proclaim how they were true believers all along.

Until then they simply will not listen to anything regardless of what it might be.

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 4:54 PM

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 4:22 PM

I try not to do what the Left does. Could we damage Obama by forcing him to defend allegations about his birth status, school records, overseas travel, etc? Sure. But is that the level of discourse we want to set?

I’d much rather focus on what Obama is doing NOW, whether or not it’s legal, and whether or not it’s good for the country. More than enough ammo there to reduce Obama to a 2-year lame duck President.

Let’s argue about policy instead of about people.

hawksruleva on August 30, 2010 at 4:58 PM

hawksruleva on August 30, 2010 at 4:58 PM

And if you surrender on the issue of constitutional requirements for the presidency what exactly are you left fighting for? Red jersey’s vs blue jersey’s?

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Anyone else notice how many times Obama said “you know”…..without his teleprompter!

silvercreeklady on August 30, 2010 at 5:09 PM

Got it.

Folks, this is why Birthers are not taken seriously.

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM

You know what’s really amazing? The fact that obama and the Left refuse to show documentation, and they know that their refusal is unprecendented, and that their refusal should, in a sane society, be seen as the offensive act, and yet — the Left have people like Good Lt. carrying their water for them, calling babyish names that they have been given by the Left to use on people who have the nerve (!) to even question the location and existence of documentation that THE LEFT THEMSELVES KNOWS should be handed over.

And, btw, Good Lt. do you really not know the very basic facts of this issue? Do you not know that “president” obama, even if born in Hawaii, is, by virtue of his father’s Kenyan-British citizenship and according to the U.S. statutes in force at the time of berri’s birth, a DUAL CITIZEN??

The U.S. Constitution requires that a U.S. president be a NATURAL BORN citizen at birth, which has been understood as a person born on American soil whose parents were also U.S. citizens. (The parents need not have been born in the U.S. but they do have to be citizens in order to confer natural born citizenship to offspring.)

As well, what kind of strawman are you so disingenuously throwing around with your “berri’s father left so berri isn’t naturalized” ridiculousness? You do realize, don’t you, that apart from whatever nonsense you are blithering about obama’s father leaving him having something to do with naturalizing obama ??!!, that the terms “naturalized” and “natural born” are two completely different legalities??

IMO, you are not sufficiently possessed of the facts and reasons for the need for documentation on the President of the United States of America, nor of the grave consequences we face in a sitting President being allowed to seal all of his records.

It goes far beyond a simple need for one doc, the birth cert., although the Leftists (who are crazy like foxes) are the ones who are spending millions of OUR tax dollars to keep it, and scores of other vital records, SEALED.

Yes, these are the actions of an honest man who is sitting in the most powerful office in world. And it’s not too weird for you – no, the weirdos are the ones who dare insist that this insanity be stopped.

Is obama such a pinnacle of honesty and integrity that he couldn’t be guilty of many crimes, which would be brought to light through revelation of his life’s documentation?

And while one of several offenses could, or could not be, that he was not born in the U.S.A., that is just one of several possibilites which make him ineligible for, and even criminal, in his occupation of the Presidential Office.

Are you naive enough to think that a sitting president, especially obama, could never commit such offenses, just because he is president? Really? Then why the doc blackout?
On our dime?

And let’s not forget the consequences of berri’s hidden birth certificate are now leading to the inexcusable fact that obama, the Commander in Chief, is allowing Lt. Colonel Terry Larkin, a combat veteran and highly decorated flight surgeon, whose bravery, talents, intellect and service to our nation has been lauded by his superiors for decades, to face a court martial, possible imprisonment and loss of all retirement and pension.

You may be very much more talented, intelligent and brave that Lt. Colonel Larkin, but if you are, then I think you should defend him, and agree that his situation, which obama is allowing, is a travesty. And certainly, the msm would crucify Bush with it, if Bush had the nerve to let an American hero like Lt. Colonel Larkin, who has selflessly served our nation for over two decades, simply twist in the wind.

But you go on with your bad self, Good Lt. You are acting the role of the useful idiot, at best.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Obama sees the people who attended Glenn Beck’s rally- the enemy. To him they are a bigger enemy then the terrorists.
The rally was about two things that are very alien to Obama.
“Honor” and the love of “GOD”

flintstone on August 30, 2010 at 5:35 PM

Huh from dictionary.com

anx·i·e·ty   [ang-zahy-i-tee] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties.
distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear of danger or misfortune: He felt anxiety about the possible loss of his job.

CWforFreedom on August 30, 2010 at 5:42 PM

The “truthers” and “birthers” dilute the effect of the real

ontherocks on August 30, 2010 at 4:30 PM

As I said above, the hidden documents are covering a multitude of deceptions.

If his affirmative action and “professor” lie are speaking to you, why aren’t you demanding the docs be revealed on those grounds?

Are you a name caller or just afraid of name calling, too?

Don’t you think that a sitting president who personally and repeatedly advances the “you must be crazy to want to see my birth cert.” is wildly inappropriate, even bizarre? That there is probably a goldmine of fraud which his docs would reveal?

The Left shows you how much they fear the docs’ revelations by the way they smear, (even the President himself!) Americans who want to see who and what these records reveal.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Let’s argue about policy instead of about people.

hawksruleva on August 30, 2010 at 4:58 PM

As sharrukin so wisely observes, this obama life document blackout goes to the question of Constitutional eligibilty, to the very heart of whether we will remain a nation of Laws, based on our Constitution, or will devolve into being ruled by whatever men gain power in whatever way they can.

I think that sets the discourse at the very highest level possible.

And why is it an either/or proposition when we speak about pursuing obama’s infractions? Why can’t it be all of the above?

P.S. Fraudulently occupying the Office of President of the United States qualifies for something obama is doing NOW.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 5:55 PM

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Did it ever occur to you and others that Obama withholds his BC just to keep people talking about it so they won’t focus on other issues? So maybe, just maybe he can get what he wants? It’s a tactic that’s been used before by politicians and shysters in general. Oh look, there’s a unicorn…

Deanna on August 30, 2010 at 6:00 PM

I wish I could rate your post. I will anyway. On a 1 to 5 scale I give it a 5+.

FireBlogger on August 30, 2010 at 4:31 PM

You’re not the only one!

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 4:37 PM

You are both too kind. Thank you very much. There is victory in unity. Bless you both.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM

When a person who gets into the witness program offered to people who give testimony that could threaten their life, their records are destroyed and they are given a new name. What makes you think that is not possible for Obama other than changing his name? It’s common knowledge that he spent millions to cover his past.

mixplix on August 30, 2010 at 6:07 PM

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Count me in, too, TL.

Gob on August 30, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Deanna on August 30, 2010 at 6:00 PM

That strategy only works with the cooperation and indeed the active assistance of conservatives. The Left ran that theory up the flagpole, and lo! found conservative quislings aplenty.

Our “own” people are shooting us with the “Birther” bullets supplied by the enemy. That’s why the “strategy” works.

The real distractions are things like obama playing games with the GZM, or handing NASA, with all of it’s defense, missile knowledge and technology over to Islam; all the while laughing his @$$ off at the conservatives who couldn’t resist the shiny softball obama tossed to them about how it was really only about muzzie self-esteem.

RINOS everywhere cracked wise at obama, unaware that he had allowed them their mirth as a set-up. Meanwhile the nations of Islam are ransacking NASA. More news at nine.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Gob on August 30, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Many thanks, Gob. I apologize for the length, it just seems that the subject calls for something more than the smart-alec posts that the “anti-birthers” manage to cough up.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Deanna on August 30, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Perhaps so, but there is a lot of documentation and testimony that would suggest there is more to it than that.

It also begs the question as to why it is so controversial to ask Obama to provide what John McCain has already provided!

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM

mixplix on August 30, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Agreed. It’s possible that by now everything is destroyed or altered. His mother’s records, which should by statute have still existed, are gone. Also his father’s. His passport file was “broken into” by a Lt. Quarrals (his name is not a military designation, he was a civilian). Quarrals was someone who worked for Brennan, obama’s current security advisor (I may be wrong on Brennan’s title) while Brennan still ran his own security business. Three weeks after the file was breached by Quarrals, he was found shot to death, mafia style, in his car.

The globalists who run berri are playing for all the chips.
America is the last pillar standing in the way of the NWO.

berri can’t wait to be crowned king of it all. But by then, his masters won’t need him. Down the memory hole, berri.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 6:19 PM

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Nothing to see here folks! Move along, move along. /s

It amazes me how much people are willing to ignore.

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I think it even more bizarre that the prez would bury his docs with his first executive order disingenuously addressing transparency on his first day in office, and the MSM would give him cover.

But that horse seems to have left the barn as even SCOTUS in a private hearing decided in a hands off approach.

The larger conspiracy by the MSM and other players that have been co-opted by the left that foisted this stealth marxist on America needs to be exposed.
I think that the left has been successful in naming and smearing people that they tagged with the “birther” moniker, and at this point it’s a misdirection of energy.

The larger conspiracy would be more convincing if exposed a la Journolist and other taqiyya type tactics that are routinely used by the left and their islamist co-conspirators.

I don’t ridicule those that question his BC, it’s just seems there are better avenues at this point.

ontherocks on August 30, 2010 at 6:30 PM

America’s economy suxs a lot of it due to the President’s policies. Barack H Obama has surged in Afghanistan. Up toward 500 thousand Americans attended 8/28 Rally, and raised over 5 Million Dollars for the children of U.S. Military Service fallen.

Think about that, in the one of the worse economies, made worse by this President. Americans turned out in front of the Lincoln Memorial, honored our U.S. Military, and Dr Martin Luther King. Then after the personal cost to themselves, and families to attend the Rally, they gave more OVER 5 MILLION DOLLARS why isn’t that the head line. Middle Class America is under Great Stress but still stands up, and take care of their own. The President is aware there are many Black women and men, who serve in the U.S. Military Right? I mean if it’s important to qualify what Americans he is going to care about and by what standard he DEEMS they are worthy of him caring about.

How come Barack Obama, didn’t mention any of the money raised for the People he is sending into harms way?

Thank you to all those that attended 8/28
both in person and online –
With your support and help we were able to raise more than $5-million dollars for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.
If you would like to donate, you can do so online here.

Trifling that’s what todays political and chattering class are just plain triflin.

The Headline: America’s Bedrock, the one that creates this countries GDP are fine, and they are taking care of their own, and anyone else who comes along. Unlike the freakin government. Remember when Shenski thought it would be a good idea for U.S. Military service members, wounded in combat to have their third party insurance pay for their medical needs?

Who was going to cover the anniversary of Doctor King’s I Have A Dream Speech, if Glenn Beck hadn’t picked the 28th of August for his 8/28 Rally? Now it’s back in front of the American People. Would that have happened otherwise?

I am so tired of these triflin poseurs.

President Obama responds to Glenn Becks Rally, I, I, I, Me, Me, Me.

Why doesn’t he try: Thank You for looking out for the U.S. Military, and their families. It’s good to know the American Spirit is still strong, even in times of great adversity like the Bad economy and Two Wars.

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 6:31 PM

I try not to do what the Left does…

hawksruleva on August 30, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Just food for thought, hawksruleva…

If it’s legal, moral and effective, and the Left would also do it, (as in, they would hound George W Bush to reveal or be put out of office if he sealed all of his documentation), why wouldn’t you?

Because the Left would do the right thing in going after a Conservative who dared pull the stunt obama is pulling is no reason that we shouldn’t. The Left would be correct in recognizing that A. The political value is priceless, and B. They have legitimate statutory and Constitutional ground to stand on in their demands for revelation of presidential documentation.

Don’t let your well placed animus for the Left stop you from deploying all your weapons. This administration has to be nuked, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Can’t the President just once respond gracefully to the opposition? He thinks hugging the uber left is going to save who’s political career?

Showing a little Class goes a long way with Americans.

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 6:39 PM

The people at the rally are showing anxiety? The people at the rally are showing the exact opposite, they are showing Grace under Pressure. Pressure that has been created by George W Bush’s non Conservative brand of Republican, and now the all out assault on this country by the out of touch Progressive Left.

Who is advising the President? Larry, Curly, and Moe?

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 6:46 PM

Who is advising the President? Larry, Curly, and Moe?

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 6:46 PM

No, worse… Harry, Pelosi, and Joe.

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 6:50 PM

No, worse… Harry, Pelosi, and Joe.

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 6:50 PM

November can’t come soon enough for me, I am so tired of these clueless, triflin, fools.

The President, you know the people who sign my paycheck, they’re like goobers or something…I wish he would just smile, and say no comment.

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Translation: It’s all Bush’s fault.
See? I’ve just saved you all seven minutes of your life and countless brain cells.

abcurtis on August 30, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Well, the 52% are getting what they voted for. They are getting it good and hard. Worst part is some of them love it, though increasing numbers are beginning to see what they have done.

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 7:09 PM

ontherocks on August 30, 2010 at 6:30 PM

Agree with what you say, however, there is more than one way to skin a cat, and obama should be attacked on every level possible.

While media and those in govt., i.e., the courts and politicians will cover for obama, the power of the People turning on him when they realize the extent of his fraud could be huge.

For example, as you note above, how many people know he signed an executive order on his first day in office sealing all of his records? Records that the average American would never dream of hiding, and would be highly suspicious of anyone who did, let alone a sitting President.

But, the “Birther” stigma seems to be so strong, thanks to traitors who call themselves conservatives, that facts like this are strangled by our “own” people.

This doesn’t get reported because ANYTHING that has to do with ANY documentation is lumped together as one big “Birther” smear. Even Rush, Hannity, Glenn, etc., are afraid of it and so the blackout continues.

We need ALL of obama’s transgressions revealed, so that the People, united and convinced that they have been duped by someone no longer fit to hold that office, rise up in a wave as large or larger than Glenn’s rally.

Could you imagine that number of people arriving in D.C. just to call for obama’s resignation? Why do we need the courts or Congress to do what we can do ourselves, if only we would stop our “own” RINOS from censoring the truth?

And here’s an interesting aside. Despite the information blackout on the controversy surrounding his refusal to show docs, over 60% of Americans are aware of it, not in any great detail, but they don’t like it. Can’t remember where I saw the poll; it was a while ago, but it was from a solid source. If I find it again I’ll link it.

And can you imagine how American’s would feel about the court martial and ruination of an American hero like flight surgeon Lt. Colonel Terry Larkin, if they knew it was all because obama, Larkin’s CinC, the CinC who is supposed to lay down his own life for the troops refuses to show a little thing like a birth certificate?

And why isn’t this reported on by conservatives? Because now conservatives and the Left have together stolen Larkin’s acheivements and humanity, and labeled him a “Birther”. So conservatives say, “He’s a Birther. Nothing more need be said, he’s worthless, always will be. Deserves wwhatever he gets.” And with obama, conservatives are stringing this man up. It’s treasonous.

How might Americans might feel if they discovered that Saudi money paid obama’s Harvard tuition, or that he went to school at Columbia on foreign student grants because he applied as an Indonesian citizen?

We’ll never know because the Left “Birther” meme, which would have died, if not for the fact that the “conservatives” have enforced it with an iron fist, have made sure that the facts regarding these very legitimate and pressing questions can never be revealed or discussed, much less pursued

It is ridiculous that the Right cannot see how vulnerable the Left is on this issue, even to the point where a sitting president snarkily, personally and repeatedly addresses it, on nationwide media.

Good thing obama has such blind and useful idiots in the conservative ranks, who can’t see what is staring them in the face, and who can’t take a little name calling in the name of saving their nation.

Shame on them. They dishonor every man and woman who ever served, was injured or died in to keep America out of the hands of people just like Barack H. Obama.

With “conservative” friends like this, our enemies can dominate the levers of power indefinately.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 7:09 PM

The Independents are running away. And they tried to frame this as A Republican Rally - that would be news to Hillbuzz. PUMA likes to organize, and get out the vote ask Senator Scott Brown.

They keep talking about the Republicans having a problem with the Tea Party Movement.

The Democrats have bigger problems, and they are covered in hair and have sharp teeth…they believe Hillary was robbed of the nomination, and they ain’t going away, and they do like to organize and vote…the MSM got this Rally wrong some many different ways. It’s as if they are all brain dead.

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 7:17 PM

correction: The MSM got this Rally wrong So many different ways.

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 7:19 PM

p.s. sorry for the typos. Must proofread.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 7:19 PM

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM

It isn’t controversial, actually it’s rather mundane. But Obama’s using it to keep a controversy going that, with the full cooperation of the media, makes people appear at least a bit out there. This suits him fine. It also distracts from other issues and his failings. At least this is as good a theory as his hiding something or not being born in this country.

Deanna on August 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Actually I think that is true. I saw some of what went on during the Democratic primary and it was pretty nasty.

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Yes, he really did repeat that nonsense.

I suppose he’s right in a sense. It’s hard to imagine that so many people would rally if the economy were actually responding positively to the Dem agenda.

We’ll just have to call him Dr. Obama, I guess. Therapist-in Chief!

AnninCA on August 30, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Nothing to see here folks! Move along, move along. /s

It amazes me how much people are willing to ignore.

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Shhh. The conservative “Birfer” police don’t want you representing them by telling the truth while they write silly headline threads constantly ignoring the big issues just to write things like, “to be fair to obama”, and the ever popular, “I don’t know why he would do that”, and the priceless opinion that anyone who thinks berri may be a muslim (don’t have to practice to be one, btw) is “stupid”.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 7:29 PM

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 7:29 PM

And quoting Thomas Jefferson without a trace of irony…

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 7:32 PM

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM

PUMA isn’t going away, and they aren’t happy with Howard Dean and other Democrats, they think threw the nomination for Obama. I doubt they found the behavior of the DNC “Honorable” The MSM doesn’t report on PUMA, it’s you know not helpful to the One ;)

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Who is advising the President? Larry, Curly, and Moe?

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 6:46 PM

No, worse… Harry, Pelosi, and Joe.

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 6:50 PM

All of these useful idiots get their marching orders from Soros, Rockefeller and Rothschild.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM

AnninCA on August 30, 2010 at 7:25 PM

You can’t wrap your head around people Rallying FOR Something?

People only gather to Rally against something?

Then how did they raise so much money FOR Special Operations Warrior Foundation?

5 MILLION DOLLARS AFTER THEY PAID FOR THE VENUE AND THE COST OF THE RALLY.

Sure they are so worried and anxious about the economy, they took their hard earned money and paid their way to the Lincoln Memorial and all the cost that went with the trip. Than they turned around and gave more money to the Children of Fallen U.S. Troops. Sure that’s it, they aren’t honoring anyone at a Rally, with a title like “Restoring Honor” SARC.

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM

This guy is such a malignant narcissist that 30 million people could march on DC and he’d pass it off as less than 10% f the population.

People comment all the time on how out of touch or tone deaf he seems, but they miss the point. He’s on a mission to do as much damage as he can for as long as he can, which speaks to your point about fighting him on all fronts, but since SCOTUS signed off on his records (or lack of) lawsuits seem pointless.

Exposing this conspiracy and educating the willfully ignorant for the next 2 election cycles seem the most sensible course, since as I stated above this fraud is not going to walk the plank, he’d have to be physically removed in cuffs and I just don’t see that happening in any circumstance other than my own personal fantasy. He’s going to have to be electorally neutered and then voted out of office in the traditional manner.

ontherocks on August 30, 2010 at 7:43 PM

somebody like a Mr. Beck is able to stir up a certain portion of the country

The DOTUS is so 2008.

PappyD61 on August 30, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM

So well said. And only one Person, Someone who all of them are “for”, could have brought them all that way and inspired them to give so much.

Every American in that mall makes me proud of my nation. And not for the first time in my life.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 7:44 PM

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Unfortunately so do some of the Republicans.

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 7:45 PM

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Me too! If people needed comforting, about the state of the Country “We The People” that Rally should have got the job done for them. The message is clear, the Bedrock of America is fine, these are the people who create the GDP – the President nor any branch of the American Government creates the GDP. They aren’t Anxious, they are getting on with gettin on, and they sent a powerful message to anyone who isn’t brain dead “Were Here, Were Standing Up, And We Take Care Of Our Own”

I wouldn’t describe them as anxious in a million years. Ready to clean house yes, anxious about accomplishing the house cleaning No.

I Can See November From My House.

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Of course, but the populist wave is very much driven by economic matters more than any other factor.

AnninCA on August 30, 2010 at 7:55 PM

ontherocks on August 30, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Heh. I always thought an orange jumpsuited perp walk would be the greatest, but your vision of a plank walk is tops! With berri in the orange jumpsuit, of course. And circling sharks. And giant ink-squirting killer squid.

And I am with you on educating and exposing berri in every way possible. That’s why the “Birther” censorship, which sweeps into it’s net EVERY document regarding obama’s lifetime, while being savagely enforced by “conservatives”, must stop.

We should never allow RINOS, who have surrendered their weapons to the Left to use Leftist name calling and tactics on true conservatives to force silence of free speech and to surrender our weapons.

Just the fact that “conservatives” are acting in concert with the Left, and using censorship and Alinskyite ridicule to push the “Birther” insult beyond the Left’s wildest hopes of Righty Suckerdom, tells you all you need to know about how wrong it is.

Let’s use every arrow in our quiver, because the truth is powerful, and the truth is that berri is hiding something, and the very hiding of it is wildly inappropiate for a sitting president. Whatever it is that he is hiding could be the blockbuster we need.

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 8:03 PM

AnninCA on August 30, 2010 at 7:55 PM

If they were worried about money, they would have stayed home, and not donated. This is bigger than just the bad economy.

They are Pi$$ed off, and it’s not just Republicans, it’s Independents, and disenfranchised Democrats. The Secularist Progressives have been apologizing, and bowing to anyone who will stand still long enough to commiserate about how terrible a country the United States of America has been. NO HONOR.

Americans get it, They HATE us for Loving Our Country for Honoring Our Country. The message on Saturday, they can stuff it if they don’t like it. We are getting on with getting on…Our Government, is not our Country “We the People” are the Country, and we know it.

Obama is Clinging to his uber leftist base, will see where that takes him. Perhaps he is projecting?

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 8:06 PM

I Can See November From My House.

Dr Evil on August 30, 2010 at 7:51 PM

I know I said it earlier, but I think the phrase, “Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead” is the message from here on out.

(Of course, In God We Trust, is always the Message of all messages. :)

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 8:06 PM

tigerlily on August 30, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Unfortunately so do some of the Republicans.

sharrukin on August 30, 2010 at 7:45 PM