Obama: The people at Beck’s rally are filled with anxiety

posted at 12:23 pm on August 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

Seven minutes with The One on Glenn Beck’s rally, the Ground Zero mosque, and the endless conspiracizing about his faith and birthplace. (Wisely, he passed on Carville’s advice on what to say about that last subject.) Something for everyone here. For Birthers, agony when Williams declines to press him on the location of the holy grail, a.k.a. his long-form birth certificate. For mosque supporters/opponents, confusion when he suggests that he supports Park51 being built where it is (since we’d let a church or synagogue be built there), then hedges once again by emphasizing that he’s not endorsing any particular project. And for political junkies, shock when a question about Glenn Beck’s religious rally on the Mall leads him to repeat his single biggest mistake of the 2008 campaign. Here’s the money quote, which comes at the very end of the clip. Isn’t this his infamous bitter/clinger theory of small-town values voters dressed up in slightly more politic language?

I — I do think that it’s important for us to recognize that right now, the country’s going through a very difficult time, as a consequence of years of neglect in a whole range of areas. Our schools not working the way they need to, so we’ve slipped in terms of the number of college graduates, you know?

A financial system that was not, you know, operating in a way that maintained integrity and assured that the people who were investing or who were buying a home or were using a credit card weren’t getting in some way cheated. We had a health care system that was broken and that was bankrupting families and businesses. All those issues are big, tough, difficult issues. And those are just our domestic issues. That’s before we get to policy issues in two wars. And a continuing battle against terrorists who want to do us harm.

So, given all those anxieties — and given the fact that, you know, in none of these situations are you going to be fix things overnight. It’s not surprising that somebody like a Mr. Beck is able to stir up a certain portion of the country. That’s been true throughout our history. What I’m focused on is making sure that the decisions we’re making now are going to be be not good for the nightly news. Not good even necessarily for the next election. But are good for the next generation. And I’m very confident that those decisions are the ones that we’ve made.

He says he didn’t watch the rally so he may be under the impression that it was a three-hour “the socialists are coming!” Obama bash-fest. Not so; Weigel is closer to the mark in describing it as “the world’s largest megachurch.” I don’t know what The One was thinking, but dismissing what ended up being a big revival meeting as a byproduct of economic anxiety is not the way to ingratiate oneself with religious voters. And I’m not sure how to take the bit about America producing fewer college grads than it used to. Is he suggesting that that’s one of the things Beck’s audience is worried about? Or is he suggesting that it’s because they themselves are ill-educated that they follow Beck at all?

Update: I changed the headline to emphasize his comments about the rally instead of the Birther thing, which is actually tangential to the post.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Did Brian Williams have “you know” pasted on his forehead or something?

exhelodrvr on August 30, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Third post today on this topic? Boy, that birther issue sure is a non-issue as far as issues go.

Akzed on August 30, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Obama: Do I need to paste my birth certificate to my forehead or something?

That would imply that he actually has one. Since he’s offering, sure Champ, let’s have a look-see.

Guardian on August 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I am surprised that the network, (by chris matthews own admission, wants the dems to win), that williams even brought it up

ConservativePartyNow on August 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Just show us your commie card.

Oil Can on August 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM

I wish Bob Novak was alive, or rather I’m relieved he isn’t here to see this. If there’s one thing that used to set him off and make his blood boil during Clinton it was the whining.

Marcus on August 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM

The bitter clinger racist wingnut nativist homophobes, that “portion of the country.” Let’s be clear about how President Uniter thinks about us.

Cicero43 on August 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM

You know? You know? You know?

President Valley Girl.

Bishop on August 30, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Can we soon expect a thread on gay birthers?

Akzed on August 30, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Obama: Do I need to paste my birth certificate to my forehead or something?

No. How about a non-Keynesian economics textbook?

catmman on August 30, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Akzed on August 30, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Since this topic is banned at Red State, HA needs to pick up the slack…

joejm65 on August 30, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Has that forehead ever met a prayer rug?

RedRedRice on August 30, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Obama: Do I need to paste my birth certificate to my forehead or something?

Cute, like his smart-alec defense of his non-reaction to the oil spill: What do you expect, I can’t suck it up with a straw.

petefrt on August 30, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Did Brian Williams have “you know” pasted on his forehead or something?

exhelodrvr on August 30, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Caroline Kennedy thinks Obama uses “you know” too much. You know?

Doughboy on August 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Obama: Do I need to paste my birth certificate to my forehead TELEPROMPTER or something?

portlandon on August 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM

It’s not just the birthers issue. It’s the arrogance of this anti-American President

kingsjester on August 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM

There are still birthers?

RightOFLeft on August 30, 2010 at 12:29 PM

As much as the Constitution requires that every potus candidate be born in the USA (military installations abroad, Embassies, US territories), the point of contention that Obama’s endorsers FAIL TO ACKNOWLEDGE is the most obvious. Obama’s father was NOT a US citizen. Hence, Obama is not a natural born citizen.

THERE ARE MANY LEGAL MEANS OF US CITIZENSHIP. A natural born citizen is NOT a naturalized citizen, no matter how many Obama enablers say to the contrary.

Either the Constitution applies, or not. And all those who INSIST that it not apply are not conservatives, not even neoconservatives. Those who disregard the US Constitution are PROGRESSIVES supporting Marxism.

maverick muse on August 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM

This is 100% pure Birther bait. He wants to change the conversation away from Depression-like unemployment.

Don’t take the bait. Don’t let him off the hook. His heritage isn’t the issue with which we will win; his poor job performance is.

JohnGalt23 on August 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Why’s Allah up so early?

TimTebowSavesAmerica on August 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Ed don’t worry that you don’t understand why he says the things he says. The man makes no sense.

sammypants on August 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Translation: “Boy, you Birthers American’ers sure are crazy.”

portlandon on August 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM

yet anothe rpolitcal move of the Obama admin that is backfiring.

The Obama politcal people thought not answering the doubts about his birth, religion etc was a good way to make the GOP extreme. To paint birthers as fringe nutcases etc.

but instead by them intentionally disregarding the public it has hurt his trust with a vast amount of the nation. and with Obamacare and the lies and the jamming down of bills that is adding to the lack of trust.

I doubt at this point many people even listen to what the POTUs says nor cares.

unseen on August 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM

no, but ONE SINGLE TIME sure would be nice Barry Hussein

SDarchitect on August 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM

sorry i mean AP

sammypants on August 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Paste your transcripts from Occidental College as well Barry.

BHO Jonestown on August 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM

How’s that economy and that JOBS JOBS JOBS thing coming, Obama?

How bout the national debt?

How’s all that going, Obama?

What are you wasting time whining about lunatic conspiracy theories for?

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Must suck to be such a pu$$y you can’t even espouse the greatness of the church you “attended” for 20 years.

God Dam those Americans non Democrats Beck viewers Birthers, ya that’s the red herring needed…

MNHawk on August 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Paste your transcripts from Occidental College as well Barry.

BHO Jonestown on August 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Yeah, pretty much any legit, verifiable part of your past would do, fella.

At your leisure, ‘course.

RedNewEnglander on August 30, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Obama pastes notes to his forehead.

Whereas, Palin writes notes on her hand.

Which technique have most of us used at one point or another?

maverick muse on August 30, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Might as well try mud-wrestling a hog, Obama.

Dark-Star on August 30, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Obama: Do I need to paste my birth certificate to my forehead or something?

Couldn’t hurt.

Emperor Norton on August 30, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Obama: Do I need to paste my birth certificate to my forehead or something

How about a resignation? I’d be OK with that.

darwin-t on August 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Nah, you don’t. First of all, considering your problem with the truth, the dyed in the wool birthers wouldn’t believe ya anyhow.

I’ve long since given up worrying about whether you’re legit or not. It became VERY clear to me that no matter what happened, the left was going to do whatever it took to put you in the White House. So, you got the job. Too bad you’re not all that thrilled with actually DOING the job, but hey, that didn’t come as a surprise to me, either.

So, Mr. President (and I’ll continue to call you that for the next two years because unlike your lefty buddies I actually believe in giving the office of the president the respect it’s due), if you don’t mind, could you stop golfing, quit blaming your predecessor, take yourself back to D.C. and DO YOUR JOB? I know that’s a lot to ask from someone like yourself who is more suited to BSing and jaunting around the world lookin’ good. But the country needs a leader and the lefties gave you the job. It’d be nice if you could take a few minutes out of your busy schedule to do it. Thanks.

Mad Mad Monica on August 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM

good for the next generation.

Yes, that trillion dollar hole in the budget last year and no budget to speak of at all this year is really good for the next generation.

UnderstandingisPower on August 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Yes. “Certain portion of the country” = bitter clingers. He is dogwhistling to his lefty base, just as he did in the SF fundraiser. In this case he’s either speaking from sheer ignorance or (more likely) is deliberately mischaracterizing the nature of the rally.

To me this shows he knows he’s lost independents and is desperate to get the base fired up for November, because the base is all he’s got. Lots of luck with that, Barry.

Missy on August 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM

There are still birthers?

Is Axelrod still slithering around 1600 Pennsylvania?

reaganaut on August 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM

“Might as well try mud-wrestling a hog, Obama.
Dark-Star on August 30, 2010 at 12:32 PM”

Ya know, there were sooooooo many things I wanted to say in response to this, but I decided it’d just be better to cackle, keep them to myself and leave this website a more respectful, classy place. But I just wanted to thank you for the biggest laugh I’ve had in a loooooong time.

Mad Mad Monica on August 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM

As I have said before, I think there is something on his long form birth certificate that he does not want out in public. By answering a question about the controversy surronding his religion with a birth certificate reference leads me to beleive that religion is in fact listed on his long form BC and it likely says Muslim/Islam. Sort of a slip of the tounge there in responding to that question.

Johnnyreb on August 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Hey O,

A 5th of the nation’s 5,000 hospitals are government owned and they are selling them off because they are deep in debt and worried that the regulations you passed in Obamacare is going to make the debt hole even bigger!

journeyintothewhirlwind on August 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM

The policies of George Bush created less college graduates, which causes people anxiety, which allows Glenn Beck to hold a huge economics rally… or something? You know?

Rude on August 30, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!”

Allah, I guess you would say that MLK was leading just a “big revival meeting”? I feel sorry for you.

faraway on August 30, 2010 at 12:36 PM

None of this matters anyway.

Good Lt on August 30, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Obama: Do I need to paste my birth certificate to my forehead or something?

We’ll settle for just showing it.

You-Eh-Vee on August 30, 2010 at 12:37 PM

able to stir up a certain portion of the country.

he he………NOVEMBER 2nd.

PappyD61 on August 30, 2010 at 12:37 PM

Why’d you just change the headline, AP?

Christien on August 30, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I doubt at this point many people even listen to what the POTUs says nor cares.

unseen on August 30, 2010 at 12:31 PM

Intentional disregarding the public is the M.O. of this whole administration. They are not by the people, of the people, for the people. They are by themselves, for themselves, against the people. Look at any issue this is true:

Arizona’s immigration
the Ground Zero Mosque
Healthcare
Cap and Trade
the Moratorium in the Gulf
the Porkulous bill
the trip to Spain

Whatever the majority wants, you can be SURE they will do the exact opposite.

UnderstandingisPower on August 30, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Who care dipstick . . . you can stick it in your shorts and sit on it for all I care.

rplat on August 30, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Nevermind, just saw update.

Christien on August 30, 2010 at 12:38 PM

It’s better to be full of anxiety than full of crap.

Ward Cleaver on August 30, 2010 at 12:39 PM

JohnGalt23 on August 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM

THREAD WINNER!!!!!!

Anything…..ANYTHING……to keep the focus off of: HIS RECORD!!!!
HIS RECORD!!!!
HIS RECORD!!!!
HIS RECORD!!!!
HIS RECORD!!!!
HIS RECORD!!!!
HIS RECORD!!!!

PappyD61 on August 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM

That rambling answer was almost as bad as Kennedy’s “why do you want to be president” moment.

Rude on August 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I’ll give him credit for the Birther line; that was funny.

Lady Heather on August 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Yeah, some people even get elected that way. *cough*hope*cough*change*cough*

JavelinaBomb on August 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Why’d you just change the headline, AP?

Christien on August 30, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I didn’t see Ed’s Obamateurism of the Day so I didn’t know he’d already written about the Birther thing. Also, I think the stuff he said about Beck’s rally is way more important.

Allahpundit on August 30, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Obama: The people at Beck’s rally are filled with anxiety

The people at Beck’s rally: Obama’s full of s#it!

darwin-t on August 30, 2010 at 12:41 PM

He’s referring to a document we aren’t allowed to see to argue that he’s a Christian.

We can’t see it because his BC, unlike his certificate of live birth, mentions (or would have mentioned) his parents’ religion: none, and Muslim.

Akzed on August 30, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Mad Mad Monica on August 30, 2010 at 12:35 PM

You’re very welcome! I thought it an appropriate comparison because nothing he or anyone else short of the Almighty is going to be able to stop their incessant squealing.

Dark-Star on August 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM

leads him to repeat his single biggest mistake of the 2008 campaign

His biggest mistake was answering Joe The Plumber truthfully. That’s why they tried to destroy him using the power of the State.

TheBigOldDog on August 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Translation: White racist

faraway on August 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM

This is the “new” talking point so to speak.Some of us are anxiety ridden because of the mess left by GW. Oh, and we’re also extremist, nuts.

sandee on August 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Do I need to paste my birth certificate to my forehead or something?

Hey, if he’s offering…..

JavelinaBomb on August 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Have you guys seen the price of arugula lately?

Mr. Bingley on August 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM

The situation has left American fortunes pinned to an uncertain remedy: hoping that things somehow get better.

… so this November will reveal the real meaning of “Hope and Change”

J_Crater on August 30, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Tell you what, I’ve got two grad school transcripts that will trump his. Once he can prove that he’s more educated than a third grader that can ride a boy’s bike, then we can talk….until then…have some shrimp.

ted c on August 30, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Allahpundit on August 30, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Huh. Does Ed read your posts?

Akzed on August 30, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I’m filled with anxiety over my President riding a girls bike with a bell.

faraway on August 30, 2010 at 12:44 PM

The hits just keep on comin’. Thanks for more gaffs to tick off ‘the folks’ Mr. President. BTW, since you didn’t watch ‘Beckapalooza’, the crowd was enormous and the ones who didn’t make it because the trains/highways were jammed was nearly as numerous from what I surmise. And I won’t mention the ones who were there in spirit but were in their homes. Your interviews, comments, vacations and policies just add to the growing throngs. In closing I’ll add that Beck is merely the conduit, he’s not the catalyst.

JimP on August 30, 2010 at 12:44 PM

This is why not ready to call Obama a one term president. That was a good interview by him. I do not underestimate him.

terryannonline on August 30, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Huh. Does Ed read your posts?

Akzed on August 30, 2010 at 12:44 PM

Not always. Sometimes we have to e-mail each other because one of us is drafting a post on a story that the other has already written about. We both get busy and distracted during the course of the day sometimes.

Allahpundit on August 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM

And the people that voted for you couldn’t be any dumber.
Your party is full of angry fringe EXTREMISTS.

lilium on August 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM

To read what he pasted to his forehead requires a mirror, another “reason” Obama uses to reflect on his own image rather than acknowledge, let alone face, the economically raped citizenry.

He wants to change the conversation away from Depression-like unemployment.

Don’t let him off the hook.

Absolutely.

The Democrats proved “It’s the Economy, Stupid” means more support for them than “Blame Bush” ever did.

Republicans felt the sting, bearing the brunt of Leftist hate. But EVERY “hateful thing” the Left hurled at Bush applies 100% to Obama’s administration and Pelosi/Reid Democrat Majority Congress.

Hit them where THEY hurt the most.

THE ECONOMY
Tax fund$$$ absconded to pay of OTHER NATIONS, not even to pay off our own national debt! Trillions, leaving the conservative CURRENT figure owed per US citizen @ nearly $50K. That’s on top of what you’re paying, on top of what you will be paying, the debt each of your children inherit from Obama (and make way for inflation).

FEDERAL CORRUPTION UNDER OBAMA
every move EACH branch of the government made to date …

maverick muse on August 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM

It’s not surprising that somebody like a Mr. Obama is able to stir up a certain portion of the country.

Christien on August 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Dear Brian,

Effective journalists use pointed follow up questions and ask their interviewees to give examples when issuing broad stroked statements.

Good luck in your endeavor to become a journalist; I’m sure once this internship with the WH press office ends you’ll have many opportunities as a janitor at a real news agency.

Best of luck,

Alden

Alden Pyle on August 30, 2010 at 12:48 PM

AP, if you can dig something up on Alveda King’s speech on Saturday, it was really good. She hit on abortion, incarceration, crime, personal responsibility and faith. It was a really powerful speech. fyi.

ted c on August 30, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Allahpundit on August 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Y’all should talk more…

Akzed on August 30, 2010 at 12:48 PM

The hits just keep on comin’. Thanks for more gaffs to tick off ‘the folks’

What gaffe? I heard no gaffes in that interview.

terryannonline on August 30, 2010 at 12:49 PM

He obviously was not even briefed on what happened at the rally. I am far from a religious person and I was a little put off by the “gone to church” feeling of the rally.

And I was quite surprised (and a little disappointed) there were no politics discussed at the rally. Well, other than the few remarks about the rally being beyond political differences.

Once again, this President speaks before he has the facts and shows himself to be divisive once again. It’s all about pitting people against each other to him. He assumed he knew what the rally was about and tried to make it a political point.

When in essence he just said when people are feeling anxious, they shouldn’t turn to God or religion. They should turn to government to relieve those anxieties.

ButterflyDragon on August 30, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Obama: Do I need to paste my birth certificate to my forehead or something?

Personally, I don’t care about the birth cert, because I do believe he was born in Hawaii. What I want to see are those college transcripts.

Giggles, if you’re sooooooooooooooooooooooo smart, and the wickedest most geniusest president evah, then show us your damn grades.

crazy_legs on August 30, 2010 at 12:50 PM

terryannonline on August 30, 2010 at 12:45 PM

A sycophant throwing softballs? Come on.

Bishop on August 30, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Bingo!

sandee on August 30, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Personally, my anxiety will decrease substantially in November, 2012.

Mutnodjmet on August 30, 2010 at 12:52 PM

They cling to their guns and religion.

Herb on August 30, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Yeah, I have anxiety that Jokebama is president.

Little Boomer on August 30, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Typical Obama ignorant response.
1. He CLAIMS not to have followed any of Beck’s DC rally.
2. He KNOWS all about it.

Aside from Obama speaking stupidly, he shows his OWN cards every time he speaks spontaneously. OBAMA is filled with anxiety. OBAMA is filled with antipathy for those who are different than he is. OBAMA clings bitterly to his Marxist dogmas and corruption.

maverick muse on August 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Think again oh Obutthead. Jews, Christians, Buddists, and Hindus or any other religion did NOT fly planes into buildings, and fields, killing thousands of innocent people.

As for the Beck rally. WRONG again. They may be anxious….but mostly what we out here, outside of your elitist beltway are….is PISSED!!! We’re disgusted at what you’ve done, and what you’re doing. You just lumped all those in attendance, and all those who wanted to attend, and gave them your elitist opinion. As a man whose policies, and party are in the predicament they are…perhaps doing that is the last thing you should be doing. Which is why you’re Obutthead to me.

capejasmine on August 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I’ll give him credit for the Birther line; that was funny.

Lady Heather on August 30, 2010 at 12:40 PM

You are right he does have a point..Too bad it is on top of his head..:)

Dire Straits on August 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM

How come a lot of images on HA are showing up as garbled on my computer screen? It’s like I’m staring at Obama’s mug with the bonus of bad rabbit ear reception.

Ryan Anthony on August 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM

A sycophant throwing softballs? Come on.

Bishop on August 30, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Could Brian Williams asked harder questions? Sure. But the questions that were asked…I think Obama was pitch perfect in that interview. One of the better interviews I’ve seen give in a long while.

terryannonline on August 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM

ObaMao’s glib response to Williams demonstrates (once again!) that the Pompous Pansy has no idea about economics, nor the causes of the meltdown, nor solutions that serve as long-lasting corrections. ObaMaoCare and the FinReg bill exacerbate problems that were never addressed in either of their multiple pages and conflicting provisions. They were legislation in search of a misidentified problem, and they will continue to bleed this nation while picking winners and losers at the federal level.

Williams is a dolt if he cannot question the validity of Champ’s claims.

Beck’s rally concerned itself with restoring honor, a quality that ObaMao wouldn’t recognize if it hit him on the noggin.

onlineanalyst on August 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM

At my age I shouldn’t be wishing for time to pass more quickly, but hasn’t this seemed like the longest two years of your lives?

sandee on August 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM

President Bubba Shrimp

fogw on August 30, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Well, really … what else can Obama say?

He’s a day late, and several trillions of dollars short in coming to the party. Had he been elected in 1992, he might have expanded government and made a Socialist nation out of the U.S. – the way he and his supporters have longed to do. However, Socialism costs money – and he ain’t got none. Anything he does to expand government – means the economy goes into the toilet even deeper than it already is. True, he did manage to get through a very Socialist Health Care plan through – but he did it in a manner that pi$$ed off most of the country in the process – now he’s faced a real possibility that it could be repealed before it’s even implemented.

And oh … if he could only have those PORKULOUS dollars back! He could really do a lot of Socialism with that but Nancy poked him on that one in order to pay off the unions!

I almost feel sorry for him – no … I really DO feel sorry for him because – he’s not even smart enough, or talented enough to figure out a way to redeem his presidency.

So what can he say? He’s committed his life to a failed ideology and now the balloon has blown up on him.

HondaV65 on August 30, 2010 at 12:55 PM

terryannonline on August 30, 2010 at 12:45 PM

A sycophant throwing softballs? Come on.

Bishop on August 30, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Mr. Airhead got himself elected in the first place, DESPITE having posted his initial video explaining his political agenda.

Don’t EVER underestimate your opponent, especially when he has already stacked the deck, corrupting all branches of government to his own favor, AND owns the media’s investment in him.

maverick muse on August 30, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I do not underestimate him.
terryannonline on August 30, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Of course you don’t. It’s easier for you to underestimate the American people.

Extrafishy on August 30, 2010 at 12:57 PM

terryannonline on August 30, 2010 at 12:54 PM

which leads us to this question..When is Obie going to give a press conference and take some questions?..:)

Dire Straits on August 30, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I agree, either he wasn’t briefed on the rally or chose to characterize it his own way for his own purposes.

BS, Zero. This is the sort of excuse given by idiots who do NOTHING. It’s their prayer of self absolution.

Guess what, Zero? Most of our problems CAN be solved pretty damn fast, but not with a yutz like you just being um, “present”.

Y

dogsoldier on August 30, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I am not a birther.

But…Williams didn’t ask him anything about his birth. He asked about the religion poll. Obama brought up the birth certificate all by himself.
The birth certificate he’s shown doesn’t mention religion at all. So it certainly wouldn’t answer the question Williams asked, anyway.

MayBee on August 30, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Unless those voters are engaged in Jumu’ah prayer on Friday afternoon.

Valiant on August 30, 2010 at 12:58 PM