Are you ready for President John Bolton?

posted at 4:27 pm on August 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

‘Stache 2012?

“[I]t is a very great honor that anybody would even think of asking. I’m obviously not a politician. I’ve never run for any federal elective office at all and, you know, it is something that would obviously require a great deal of effort,” he said. “What I do think, though, and what concerns me, is the lack of focus generally in the national debate about national security issues. Now, I understand the economy is in a ditch and people are concerned about it, but our adversaries overseas are not going to wait for us to get our economic house in order.”

When pressed as to whether that means he would consider a run, Bolton seemed to suggest that he might do it, at the very least to help put national security issues at the top of the debate agenda.

“In the sense that I want to make sure that not only in the Republican Party, but in the body politic as a whole, people are aware of threats that remain to the United States. You know, as somebody who writes op-eds and appears on the television, I appreciate as well as anybody that…there is a limit to what that accomplishes,” he said. “Whereas, some governor from some state in the middle of the country announces for president they get enormous coverage even if their views are utterly uninformed on major issues.”

When pressed a third time about running, he said that while “he is not going to do anything foolish,” he added, “you know, I see how the media works…you have to take that into account.”

He’s not saying he’d run to win, as I read him, rather that he’d run to make sure that foreign policy features prominently at the debates and to drag the big cheeses like Romney and Palin to the right. Although (a) I doubt there’s much daylight between the ‘Stache and the cheeses on most FP issues (his enthusiasm for attacking Iran’s nuclear program might be, shall we say, somewhat more robust than theirs), and (b) in theory Ron Paul’s presence at the debates last time should have forced the field a bit to the left on war and a bit to the right on spending and yet I can’t remember any of them saying or doing anything differently to pander to his followers. Where a neoconservative dark horse candidacy might become important (whether it’s Bolton or Liz Cheney or someone else) is if Afghanistan deteriorates further and the right starts to split on whether to stay or go. The fissures are already there per the dust-up between Bill Kristol and Ann Coulter over Michael Steele’s remarks on the war; another 18 months of stalemate in theater will open the rift wider, and then maybe you end up with strong hawks and doves jumping into the race in order to try to drive the party platform. (1968 redux, except on the GOP side this time?) That’ll be a nightmare for the party, as not only does it risk overwhelming the anti-statist message they plan to campaign on but, by driving a deep wedge between neocons and paleocons, it leaves someone feeling alienated and at risk of staying home — or even backing a third-party candidate. Presumably antipathy to Hopenchange on the right will be at such a fever pitch by 2012 that those differences will be put aside for the greater good by November, but who knows?

I hope PPP tosses him in as a wild card for their next 2012 snapshot poll of the GOP field, as I’m dying to know which frontrunner he’d draw the most support from. Oh — and do note in the Daily Caller piece that the ‘Stache is okay with gay marriage and with repealing “don’t ask, don’t tell” so long as both are done with proper procedure. Which makes me wonder: Is there any member of Bush’s brain trust who still opposes both of those? Dubya himself is bound to be asked about them during his media tour to promote his memoir this fall. Anyone expecting two thumbs down from him?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Secretary of State John Bolton under a Palin/Christie ticket.

tjexcite on August 30, 2010 at 5:00 PM

bolton couldn’t even get enough votes to get through the senate let alone a national campaign.

unseen on August 30, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Yes, but the American people, especially conservatives, are a lot smarter than your average Senator.

UltimateBob on August 30, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Secretary of State John Bolton under a Palin/Christie ticket.

tjexcite on August 30, 2010 at 5:00 PM

With Ted Nugent as chief of staff.

Oh. Yes.

UltimateBob on August 30, 2010 at 5:01 PM

the Stache explained why our presence in Afghanistan is so important with regard to the unrest in Pakistan.

Doughboy on August 30, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Then let him go there and fight for the misogynists and pedophiles.

Tav on August 30, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Surrender is not an option.

tigerinexile on August 30, 2010 at 5:02 PM

UltimateBob on August 30, 2010 at 5:00 PM

s

Eh, No.

And I consider myself a conservative.

MadDogF on August 30, 2010 at 5:02 PM

I’d vote for this guy in the primary in an instant.

Intellectual heft, federal government experience (you need that to actually change things rather than just talk about it) and little tolerance for harebrained liberals, I like.

With Palin as the Chairman of the RNC and we have a winner all around.

NoDonkey on August 30, 2010 at 5:03 PM

There really is no safe answer other than “I don’t know”.

milwife88 on August 30, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I bet. I wouldn’t answer the survey unless there was a mandate via the CO asking the spouses. As a Mil Wife, you really do not have to do them.

upinak on August 30, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Does Bolton eat a lot of powdered sugar donuts?

That’s what Ahmadinejad wants to know.

profitsbeard on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

President Sarah Palin
VP Chris Christie
Sec of State John Bolton
Attourney General Fred Thompson
Sec of Defense Petraeus
Sec of Interior Jan Brewer
Sec of Commerce Mitt Romney
Sec of Homeland Security Rudy Guilani
White House Dog Catcher Mike Huckabee

William Amos on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Ehhhhh. Better than Obama, but that’s not a high bar. How about VP or Sec. of State?

Bolton as the boss of the State Dept. would be delicious.

hawksruleva on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Only if he wants to be shunned from Laura’s pillow.

Stache for Sec. of State

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Eh, No.

And I consider myself a conservative.

MadDogF on August 30, 2010 at 5:02 PM

No to what – Bolton? Or my comment about conservatives being smarter than your average Senator?

UltimateBob on August 30, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Doughboy on August 30, 2010 at 4:40 PM

A picture is worth a thousand words or so they say. Here are just two.

Let Boltyon go there and fight for the misogynists and pedophiles.

And maybe he can bring Ted Nugent with him.

Tav on August 30, 2010 at 5:06 PM

Running to 0bama’s right on foreign policy will be the easiest thing in the world!
There will be GOP internecine war over this issue.

Jenfidel on August 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM

While outside the halls of power things often seem more cut and dried. Ask Teh Won about Gitmo, for example.

Bolton in a serious power position such as SoS would tell those that wish us harm that his position will be to advocate to do them more harm.

This is what we are missing right now in foreign policy.

GnuBreed on August 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM

William Amos on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I like but the least qualified person up there you have as President.

Let’s not be like the Democrats and let’s take this seriously.

NoDonkey on August 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM

There will be GOP internecine war over this issue.

Jenfidel on August 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Insert “no” in that sentence.

Jenfidel on August 30, 2010 at 5:08 PM

So, how’s about Bolton for Secretary of Defense, serving under Christie/Brewer? :)

Tzetzes on August 30, 2010 at 4:59 PM

You’re most always the smartest chip in this shed.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Rollie on August 30, 2010 at 5:09 PM

White House Dog Catcher Mike Huckabee

William Amos on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I like.

I like but the least qualified person up there you have as President.

Let’s not be like the Democrats and let’s take this seriously.

NoDonkey on August 30, 2010 at 5:07 PM

Pfft. She is more than qualified.

***********************
You-all see the picture of MackDaddy and Putin on Drudge?

Pretty much sums it up.

davidk on August 30, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Paleocons? Who cares? Other that a few loud, obnoxious voices (“What’s that? It’s Pat!”) they’re a tiny minority and always will be? We are dishonored to have them under the same tent. But in sum, I agree with you, Allah. I like The ‘Stache, but he would not add a whole lot to a race featuring viable conservative candidates.

Ed Snyder on August 30, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Does anyone know what his position is on the border and illegal migration?

MeatHeadinCA on August 30, 2010 at 5:13 PM

President Sarah Palin Chris Christie
VP Chris Christie Anyone of the potentials
Sec of State John Bolton Sarah Palin
Attourney General Fred Thompson Darryl Issa
Sec of Defense Petraeus John Bolton
Sec of Interior Jan Brewer
Sec of Commerce Mitt Romney
Sec of Homeland Security Rudy Guilani
White House Dog Catcher Mike Huckabee

William Amos on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Sorry William – should have been in quotes.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2010 at 5:14 PM

William Amos on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Thoughts on Secretary of Treasury?

BuckeyeSam on August 30, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Thoughts on Secretary of Treasury?

BuckeyeSam on August 30, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Gov. Daniels

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2010 at 5:15 PM

I like Bolton, would vote for him as prez in a heartbeat.

And after him, anyone who still loved USA and believes in Capitalism.

shades_of_gasden on August 30, 2010 at 5:15 PM

I want Palin for Secretary of Dismantling the Federal Government and unions. I don’t care who the others are – even the President.

faraway on August 30, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Got my vote

Alden Pyle on August 30, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Ambassador to the U.N. – Michelle Bachmann
Replacement for Gibbs – Dana Perino
Chief of Staff? – tough question

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Merovign on August 30, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Regis is the top of the ticket

One can image Bolton in a VP debate dismantling Biden or whomever subs in for Sheriff Joe

phreshone on August 30, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Slightly O/T:

I wonder why more hasn’t been made of Michael Jordan’s “toothbrush” ‘stache?

Can his Airness single-handily revive a perfectly good moustache style?

pain train on August 30, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Thoughts on Secretary of Treasury?

BuckeyeSam on August 30, 2010 at 5:14 PM

David Koch ?

William Amos on August 30, 2010 at 5:22 PM

I’d consider voting for him

orfannkyl on August 30, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Don’t forget Press Secretary Edward Leslie Morrissey.

carbon_footprint on August 30, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I’ve been ready. Bolton 2012!!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on August 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM

President – Allen B. West
VP – Jan Brewer
Sec of State – Andrew C. McCarthy
Attorney General – Darrell Issa
Sec of Defense – Ralph Peters
Sec of Interior – Sarah Palin
Sec of Commerce – Mitt Romney
Sec of Homeland Security – Joe Arpaio

Tav on August 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I too think he’d be a great Secretary of State… That would be a great get for us as he’s known to be excellent in the foreign policy arena. This is why the Left, the obvious enemy of the U S, fought to keep him out of the U N.

CCRWM on August 30, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I’d like to see JB run for something smaller first, like the House or a safe Senate seat. To run for President, unfortunately he’d have to lose the mustache and get a closer haircut because voters have become so shallow.

slickwillie2001 on August 30, 2010 at 5:31 PM

I want this man as Secretary of State.

njcommuter on August 30, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Bolton as C in C would make my family sleep better at night. The triangulation going on with the commies in South America, Russia and China (not to mention the Norks and the Mexican cartel war)coupled with our crippling debt and self-flagellation is truly frightening.

Bolton has a better grasp on all the threats to our country than, probably, anyone. Also, he exudes confidence instead of elitism and would give America a face of strength, not of a spoiled dork in mom jeans on a girl’s bike…

NTWR on August 30, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Tav on August 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Very good choices…and Beck says we have no leaders.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2010 at 5:34 PM

Oh dear Jesus. Ya know (and I am sure you do), I don’t remember crap like these stupid surveys under a republican president. Do you?

upinak on August 30, 2010 at 4:44 PM

Back in early 1999, when I informed the AF that I would not be re-enlisting, I got a call from some survery company commissioned by the AF wanting to know why.

My answer to them was give me one reason why I should.

I am not sure if the military conducted surveys prior to that, if not then Clinton started them.

F15Mech on August 30, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Sec of Homeland Security Rudy Guilani

William Amos on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

No. I like my guns and want to keep them.

fossten on August 30, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Stache and The Fat Man 2012
lol, I love it.

Campaign slogan “Lets get ready to rumble”

exceller on August 30, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Ask and ye shall receive.

Doughboy on August 30, 2010 at 4:50 PM

Classic!

Gang-of-One on August 30, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Sec of Homeland Security Rudy Guilani

William Amos on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

No. I like my guns and want to keep them.

fossten on August 30, 2010 at 5:42 PM

And, I like my pit bulls and want to keep them. Otherwise good picks William! Rudy is a great guy but his gun stance and breed-specific dog law support is no bueno.

NTWR on August 30, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Sec of Defense Petraeus Ralph Peters

White House Dog Catcher Mike Huckabee David “Slick Willy” Petraeus

William Amos on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

Petraeus’s Israel Problem

Max Boot is a good historian. On Islam, I often disagree with him, finding in his work the wishful thinking common among Islamic Democracy Project enthusiasts. Still, he is thoughtful and civil, so one always expects to learn something from reading him. It was therefore jarring to read his smug attempt to drum Diana West out of the conservative movement. Boot seems to see himself as William F. Buckley Jr. and West as the John Birch Society. If you’re going to play that game, you’d better be right. Boot is dead wrong.

Boot’s attack on West is an effort to defend a surpassingly foolish statement in which Gen. David Petraeus cast Israel as the source of all America’s woes in the Middle East. To his great discredit, the general — in a Clintonesque fashion which, as we shall see, is probably not a coincidence — simultaneously denied making the statement, grudgingly admitted making it while minimizing its significance, and accused West and others of misrepresenting his views. In fact, the general’s critics quoted his words at length, placed them in unmistakable context, and drew from them the same commonsense conclusion drawn by Israel’s gleeful critics — for whom Petraeus is the hero of the moment.

Tav on August 30, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Sec of Homeland Security Rudy Guilani

William Amos on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

No. I like my guns and want to keep them.

fossten on August 30, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Agreed how about Sec of Homeland Security Marcus Luttrell?

Not sure what his other views are but when it comes to Homeland security…

F15Mech on August 30, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Ambassador to the U.N. – Michelle Bachmann
Replacement for Gibbs – Dana Perino
Chief of Staff? – tough question Paul Teutul, Sr.

Schadenfreude on August 30, 2010 at 5:21 PM

*snicker*

Then again, we could do a whole lot worse than a cadre of characters from American Choppers and Deadliest Catch.

Wait, strike that.

We already have.

turfmann on August 30, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Sarah Palin President

Allen West VP
Or
Rick Perry
Michelle Bachmann

gary4205 on August 30, 2010 at 5:57 PM

YES ! PLEASE !!
If not for Prez, PLEASE be avaiable !!
Have always loved this man !!

pambi on August 30, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Palin-Bolton, 2012.

SilentWatcher on August 30, 2010 at 6:00 PM

The one man with co……..! Go for it.

Fuquay Steve on August 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Oy……Stupid interwebs!

Sarah Palin President

Allen West VP
Or
Rick Perry
Michelle Bachmann

John Bolton Secretary of State

John McCain Secretary of Defense

Steve Forbes Secretary of Treasure
or
Art Laffer

Rudy Giuliani Attorney General

gary4205 on August 30, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Ach, no — make Guliani the atty general and sic him on the unions the way he went after the mob.

John the Libertarian on August 30, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I’d love to see Bolton as SoS. Talk about heads exploding.

Cody1991 on August 30, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Wouldn’t it be refreshing to have an adult, muscular, American-centric leader such as Bolton in the SoS position. He is brilliantly informed and brooks no nonsense. Gone would be the “silly season” PC that has dominated our national policy and weakened us on the world stage.

onlineanalyst on August 30, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Personally, I’d vote for the dude – he’d be excellent on foreign policy because it wouldn’t be hard for him to convince the Russians and Chi-Comms that he’s batshirt crazy.

In fact – they already think he’s batshirt crazy.

That’s really the KEY to dealing with adversaries. If they know you’re willing to pull the trigger for the slightest reason – then suddenly they become a lot less provocative.

Ask Nixon and Kissenger if this works – they know. No, on second thought – go ask Bresznev … he can tell you it worked on him.

HondaV65 on August 30, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Ain’t AUTHENTIC hope FUN ??

pambi on August 30, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Secretary of State John Bolton.

And then, watch the folks in the Middle East drop a collective load.

Pablo Snooze on August 30, 2010 at 6:35 PM

Put the State Dept back under Defense… rename Defense to War.

Put Bolton in charge so we stop sending mixed messages overseas between DoD and State, and that State stops trying to make its own little army to ‘protect’ itself.

Every soldier a diplomat.

Every diplomat a soldier.

ajacksonian on August 30, 2010 at 6:43 PM

We do need a KA president after this miserable failure we currently have.

obladioblada on August 30, 2010 at 6:58 PM

id vote for him. he’s an adult.

moonbatkiller on August 30, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Getting a Political Hard-on in 3…2…1…

Lockstein13 on August 30, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Yes! Rock solid.

Speakup on August 30, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Secretary of State John Bolton under a Palin/Christie ticket.

tjexcite on August 30, 2010 at 5:00 PM

With the REAL “Sheriff Joe”, Joe Arpaio head of Homeland Security/I.C.E.

mrt721 on August 30, 2010 at 7:10 PM

“I’ve been operating under the assumption that the reason Obama devotes so much time and energy to shouting at the rain was that he simply didn’t get it. Well, I was wrong. Obama’s problem isn’t that he doesn’t get it. Obama’s problem is that he can’t sell it! We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, Barack Obama is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who’s to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections.”

mrt721 on August 30, 2010 at 7:18 PM

Oops! Wrong thread.
This is meant for “Gallup: GOP takes historic 10-point lead on generic ballot”.
(Although, it pretty much fits anywhere as
some truths are self-evident.)

mrt721 on August 30, 2010 at 7:21 PM

You people are certifiable.

he’d run to make sure that foreign policy features prominently at the debates and to drag the big cheeses like Romney and Palin to the right left.
[...]
Ron Paul’s presence at the debates last time should have forced the field a bit to the left right on war and a bit to the right on spending…

FTFY, because nation-building and policing the world is for leftists.

Americans: It’s the economy, stupid!

Neoclowns: WAR!!!!!!!!!

“Nation-building is the most prominent — and most important — part of the neocon doctrine,” wrote Jed Babbin in the American Spectator. “And the decision to pursue it is the principal reason that we are losing in Afghanistan, Iraq is falling apart, and the real enemy — the terror-sponsoring nations — have grown stronger.”

Rae on August 30, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Top of the Ticket or top of the Cabinet, I’m in.

Maquis on August 30, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I think Bolton is one of the best people out there for the job at the moment. He understands the threats we face and he is not at all concerned with appeasing the bad guys.

Cara C on August 30, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Sorry, but foreign policy just isn’t at the top of my list right now.

The GOP needs to run a fiscal conservative above all else. Our candidate needs to pledge to make deep cuts into government spending, repeal ObamaCare, keep taxes low (and maybe even cut the business tax)… a commitment to passing Paul Ryan’s roadmap would be a big head start.

Foreign policy doesn’t mean diddly squat if we can’t get our own house in order.

Caiwyn on August 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM

With Palin as the Chairman of the RNC and we have a winner all around.

NoDonkey on August 30, 2010 at 5:03 PM

That will not happen, the RNC members will never vote her in.

Give up your fantasy, accept your new female Grizzly Overlord.

I am very disturbed by the way many here are descending into idol worship with this Bolton fellow. He is just a man, people. Do not embarrass yourselves by acting just like the loathsome Obamabots, drooling at the first mustache to come along and sweep you off your feet like a bunch of mindless lemmings.

All he has done is mess around the State Department and the UN for a while. What about critical domestic policy?

We need someone who has done more about taxes and budgets, than twist their mustache evily and just talk about it.

No excuses. I don’t want to hear it. I don’t care.

He’s not ready for President, let him be Sec of State.

Mitt can be RNC Chair. They would get along swimmingly.

Come on cultist worshipers of a false god, let’s at least pretend we are trying to be serious here./

Brian1972 on August 30, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Caiwyn on August 30, 2010 at 7:24 PM

I, and millions of other Americans, agree with you about the economy being a top priority, but our ridiculous foreign policy is part of the problem.

Rae on August 30, 2010 at 7:41 PM

You people are certifiable.

Rae on August 30, 2010 at 7:21 PM

I think you mistake us for Ron Paul, who actually is certifiable. He will never, ever be President of this country, ever.

You should drop to your knees and thank the Lord for the USA’s Military Industrial Complex right now, because it is the best thing that ever happened for every human being on this planet in the last 100 years. Without it, the world would have a much bleaker future.

Brian1972 on August 30, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Brian1972 on August 30, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Go team!

Rae on August 30, 2010 at 7:55 PM

President Chris Christie
VP Paul Ryan
Sec of State John Bolton
Attourney General Darryl Issa
Sec of Defense LTC. Allen West
Sec of Interior Jan Brewer
Sec of Commerce Mitt Romney
Sec of Homeland Security Rudy Guilani

THE WINNING HAND!

vboscaino on August 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Sure, President Bolton. Works for me. Probably won’t work for a majority of primary voters.

What I’d like to hear a presidential candidate say about gay marriage is that it’s not a federal constitutional question.

Bolton is wrong about DADT. But a lot of well-meaning people on the right are.

J.E. Dyer on August 30, 2010 at 8:28 PM

He even looks like Teddy Roosevelt. He would serve this nation well, and in very timely fashion, almost no matter where he served.

paul1149 on August 30, 2010 at 8:38 PM

President Chris Christie

Sec of State John Bolton

Sec of Defense LTC. Allen West

THE WINNING HAND!

vboscaino on August 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM

That wouldn’t work out too well as Bolton would want us in all manner of Islamic Democracy Projects and West would not. Christie would spend half his time referring and he doesn’t know much about foreign policy.

Tav on August 30, 2010 at 8:47 PM

President Palin (can’t wait to see my libtard brother’s head actually explode)
VP Mike Pence
SecState Bolton
We combine Treasury and Commerce, call it Secretary of the Economy, and put Romney there
Homeland Security Brewer
AG Giuliani
Interior Ted Nugent (take care of critters so we can shoot ‘em and eat ‘em!)
SecDef Liz Cheney (more libtard heads exploding)
Ron Paul at Housing and Urban Development (you know he’d clean that mess up!!)
SecEnergy Bobby Jindal (what moratorium?)
SecEducation Chris Christie (take that, NEA!)
eh, how about we just abolish labor, agriculture and transportation?

Special K on August 30, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I think I found one of Stashe’s campaign commercials

mizflame98 on August 30, 2010 at 9:49 PM

With Ted Nugent as chief of staff.

Oh. Yes.

UltimateBob on August 30, 2010 at 5:01 PM

Chief Of Staff!?

That’s much too low, How ’bout Secretary Of Defense.

listens2glenn on August 30, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Whitehouse cheerleader – Sarah Palin, likely the only job she wouldn’t quit.

paulsur on August 30, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Oh, yeah. John Bolton.

The Nuge as Secretary of Defense? That could grow on me ;)

mr.blacksheep on August 30, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Special K on August 30, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Like your line-up.

mr.blacksheep on August 30, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Let’s bring back Dick Cheney as National Security Adviser just to drive liberals into head-banging blue-faced fits of blind rage.

slickwillie2001 on August 30, 2010 at 10:16 PM

Seriously, one thing that really concerns me is our whole foreign policy. If you democratize jihadists, you don;t make them non-jihadists, you make them democatic jihadists, as in Hamas. Whomever the next foreign policy team is, has go to understand we need to isolate the jihadists, cut them off economically, and be prepared to turn themm all to glass if it becomes nessarry. If Iran launches a sucessful nuclear test, how do you think it will take Israel to fire the retalitory strike and just how massive do you think it will be?

paulsur on August 30, 2010 at 10:18 PM

All I know about Bolton is what I’ve heard him say in the public arena about foreign policy, and some about domestic policy. But everything I have heard, I absolutely love. Based on that alone, I’d say yes. Hopefully he’s not another guy who’s brilliant politically, but a total deal-breaker socially and personally.

flyfishingdad on August 30, 2010 at 10:25 PM

The Nuge as Secretary of Defense? That could grow on me ;)

mr.blacksheep on August 30, 2010 at 10:09 PM

That should go over real well with Vietnam vets.

Tav on August 30, 2010 at 10:27 PM

“Nugent dodged the draft during the Vietnam War. In an interview for the Detroit Free Press (July 15, 1990), Nugent described how he avoided the draft: He claims that 30 days before his Draft Board Physical, he stopped all forms of personal hygiene. The last ten days he ingested nothing but junk food and Pepsi, and a week before his physical he stopped using the bathroom altogether, virtually living inside pants caked with excrement and stained by his urine.”

The coward Ted Nugent apparently literally $hit in his pants, and for a week, to keep from going to RVN.

He makes Bill Clinton look like Rambo and a class act by comparison, and that ain’t easy. Not easy at all.

When Nugent showed up at the induction center like that, they should have taken him out in the back alley, stuffed him in a barrel, and burned $hit.

Tav on August 30, 2010 at 10:30 PM

White House Dog Squirrel Catcher Mike Huckabee

William Amos on August 30, 2010 at 5:04 PM

FIFY :)

mockmook on August 30, 2010 at 11:15 PM

paulsur on August 30, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Putting aside the fact that a successful test =/= an actual attack

Israel will only let loose with their nukes if they are (or think they are) boxed into a corner where using the ultimate weapons is their only faint chance for survival. They know, and their enemies know they know, that the minute they let fly is when mad mullahs the world ’round point their swords order an all-for-Allah charge.

If you’ve ever played RTS games, picture getting Zerg-rushed by suicide units, tank-blitzed, and missile-spammed…by opponents with much larger armies…from three directions…simultaneously. That’s what they’d be facing.

Dark-Star on August 31, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Getting a Political Hard-on in 3…2…1…

Lockstein13 on August 30, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Or as someone here said the other day, he gives me the “cootchie sweats.”

UltimateBob on August 31, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Bolton over Palin any day of the week.

You-Eh-Vee on August 31, 2010 at 12:32 AM

The Nuge as Secretary of Defense? That could grow on me

The ‘Nuge’ is a hillbilly twat who thinks that wearing camo somehow makes up for his draft dodging past.

Also, his music blows.

You-Eh-Vee on August 31, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Hell I’d be happy with Super World Lord for Life Bolton if it came down to it.

Bolton is infinitely smarter than anyone currently in Washington, he did his job very well and he did it as a job that needed to be done, not like Barry who thinks he can just get things right 10% of the time.

Rbastid on August 31, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Bolton would be a case of seriously bad timing.

All the Republican main focus should be on domestic and economic issues; issues they have ignored for decades.

Enough with the foreign policy distractions!!

We need to turn back the enemies at home and launch an all out assault against our ‘progressive’ enemies.

rickyricardo on August 31, 2010 at 1:01 AM

I’d vote for Bolton in a heartbeat. Imagine a President with a realistic view of the world.

nraendowment on August 31, 2010 at 4:54 AM