Quotes of the day

posted at 9:00 pm on August 28, 2010 by Allahpundit

Mr. Beck made a surprise visit on Friday to a convention held by FreedomWorks, a Tea Party umbrella group, for Tea Party supporters. He received a thunderous welcome from a crowd of about 1,600 in Constitution Hall.

He told the crowd that he had begun planning his march on Washington a year ago, thinking “it was supposed to be political.”

“And then I kind of feel like God dropped a giant sandbag on my head,” he said.

“My role, as I see it, is to wake America up to the backsliding of principles and values and most of all of God,” he said. “We are a country of God. As I look at the problems in our country, quite honestly, I think the hot breath of destruction is breathing on our necks and to fix it politically is a figure that I don’t see anywhere.”

***
In a way, the rally today mirrored rallies held for then-candidate Barack Obama in 2007 and leading up to the election of 2008. Both this rally and many of Obama’s featured mesmerizing speakers, who chose to inspire audiences by rhetorically empowering them to take matters into their own hands.

While Beck’s rally emphasized belief in God, Obama’s generally emphasized himself as a savior of the American people. This, I believe, was the contrast the talk radio and television personality was trying to achieve. Beck’s rally, and the speakers who addressed the crowd, were continually thanking God and Beck for bringing such an inspiring crowd together…

Only toward the end of the program did Beck refer to Democrats, Republicans, and independents. But it still wasn’t political. It was a unity call, imploring everyone to come together and unite to “restore honor.” It was a post-partisan moment. Similar, in a way, to Obama’s 2004 DNC speech, when the then-state senator from Illinois suggested that we should not remain isolated in a “red America” or a “blue America,” but should come together as the United States of America.

***
We need to think about the success of Beck’s rally Saturday and ask what it says about the lack of moral authority in this country today. We also need to wonder what it says about us as a culture that so many Americans on a Saturday in August and more than two million a day via Fox News come to Beck and apparently hear something in his hodge-podge of elementary-school history and mishmash of moral platitudes and bromides that they find meaningful.

Moral authority — that’s what the rally was really about. That’s what the bagpipes playing “Amazing Grace” at the end of the rally were all about. That’s what all the talk of standing on “hallowed ground” was all about. That’s what the repeated use of words like “honor,” “integrity” and “trust” were all about…

That’s what what was so powerful about November 2008 in Grant Park when Barack Obama took the stage on election night: Millions of Americans thought they were watching someone who brought moral authority to the White House. I know I did.

Sadly, millions now feel Obama has since lost it with too many morning-after flip-flops on moral issues, entertainment TV show appearances, and days on the golf course as the economy struggles.

***
“Restoration” is a theme he has a gift for: a gift not only of analytical insight but of personal experience with balancing justice and mercy, and distinguishing between self-deception and realistic hope.

And he’s right about this, too: America can’t be set on a better course solely with changes in federal policy. Law and government don’t – can’t – make the people good. They don’t make us eligible for liberty. Our law and government are only as good as we are. It’s the people who have to change. And spiritual revival never looks like something organized by State Department protocol; when people are changing from the inside, there are rallies, hortatory preaching, gabfests, sorrow, joy.

I urge my fellow conservatives not to despise this phenomenon or be disparaging about it. All our futures depend on the character of the people around us. Fear, defensiveness, and moral weakness in the people are the best friends of the tyrant. None of us can resist the siren-call of statist collectivization single-handedly. It is not embarrassing or over-the-top for people to gather in public to affirm that there’s such a thing as good character, and that we can’t do without it. It is meaningful and life-changing to many. It is necessary.

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There’s your critical thinking – there’s no downside here at all.

HondaV65 on August 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM

+1000

Electrongod on August 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Only Beck Kool Aid drinkers are welcome here? I miss the critical thinkers.

Terrie on August 28, 2010 at 11:15 PM

I’ve stayed out of this argument…until now.
The issue people have been having with your comments has little to do with ‘Kool aid’ and everything to do with your incessant concern over the ‘specks’ that are in the eyes of Mormons and others while totally overlooking the planks that are in your own.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Be careful don’t exchange one false Messiah for another.

Hobbes on August 28, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Uh, I don’t recall Beck ever claiming to be a Messiah.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Mr. Beck is going to be the only guest on Fox’s Sunday show.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM

If the 9/12 rally is as large the Left is going to really become unglued.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I’ll be there!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM

I’ve stayed out of this argument…until now.
The issue people have been having with your comments has little to do with ‘Kool aid’ and everything to do with your incessant concern over the ’specks’ that are in the eyes of Mormons and others while totally overlooking the planks that are in your own.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Amen to that.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

They said the Dems are terrified there is a resurrection of the right that will manifest in political activism.

artist on August 28, 2010 at 11:12 PM

They haven’t seen nothing yet. You’ll know this country lives up to its promise when the 30% to 40% of blacks, who are conservative but are captive to Left’s politics of grievance, come home to the conservative movement. Beck and Tea Party movement are playing a major role in initiating that exodus. It will be akin to the Dixiecrats (conservative Southerners) coming home to the GOP in their day.

The seeds are being sown now for this realignment and the harvest may not come in time for 2012, but watch 2016 and beyond. The country needs the complete coalescing of the conservative movement across all races in order for our cause to be sustainable. Beck and his outreach to black Americans is doing this with his rallies, with his show, and the conservative movement should be exceedingly grateful to him for his courage for reaching out as he has. Michael Steele and the GOP have thus far been clueless at expanding the “tent” in the black community. They owe a major debt to Beck for the quality of rally he held today. I think this aspect of Beck’s appeal is what spooks the Democrats and the media the most. That he as a white man is making inroads, albeit subtly, in the black community. May God bless him and his understanding of what the conservative movement has been missing.

milemarker2020 on August 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM

I’ll be in a plane. I don’t know how I manage to miss all these things.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Only Beck Kool Aid drinkers are welcome here? I miss the critical thinkers.

Terrie on August 28, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Well, I’m a critical thinker and while not a Beck “KoolAid drinker,” I can certainly admire what he’s trying to do to improve the country and turn it back to God and its founding principles.
And I’m as wary of Mormons as the next person because I don’t care for their more seminals beliefs and don’t share them (but believe the Bible only as a Christian), but I didn’t see or hear him pushing Mormon-only doctrine today.
He just advocated a return to plain Judeao-Christian faith, the “faith of our fathers,” whatever that happened to be.
It’s what our nation and our leaders need right now and saying so in public, in prayer with a crowd of believers, can’t be anything but a blessing to us all!

Jenfidel on August 28, 2010 at 11:27 PM

If the 9/12 rally is as large the Left is going to really become unglued.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM

Lovely visual.

bluemarlin on August 28, 2010 at 11:27 PM

“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.”

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 11:18 PM

Confucius said it much more succinctly.

It’s alright if you shoot for the stars and hit the moon, but you have got to shoot. Most people don’t even shoot.

Tav on August 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM

hmmm seems like a pattern is emerging on how the dems are going to run in Nov:
First Palin, then Angle now ellmers….It’s almost like the dem party doesn’t like women…

Dear Friends,

Yesterday, Bob Etheridge lost control again. This time what set off his tirade of name calling was Sarah Palin and two conservative organizations endorsing me.

He let fly (in an email) saying I’m against working women because I am endorsed by a Christian women’s group. Me? A nurse working in hospitals and clinics for twenty years?

He ranted I’m against Social Security — a complete fabrication. In fact, he’s the one who voted to cut Social Security and chop a half trillion out of Medicare to pay for Obamacare.

He accused me of raising taxes with a national sales tax. The truth: Pelosi suggested the sales tax and I’ve signed the taxpayer protection pledge – which he refuses to sign.

Congressman Etheridge says I’m extreme. But how can anyone be more extreme than Congressman Etheridge who votes with Obama’s Democrats ninety-seven percent of the time?

It’s time for Bob Etheridge to settle down.

Bob, if you want to call names, here’s a challenge: Do it face to face with me in a debate. Instead of ranting and raving in emails do something responsible: Stop dodging every invitation to debate and say “Yes.”

Sincerely,

Renee Ellmers

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 11:29 PM

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I’m late to the party today…

… but +7% to you, my friend!

Seven Percent Solution on August 28, 2010 at 11:29 PM

full video link from CSPAN here….

…..thank you Glenn, Palin, Barton, King, and Roever (and all the others).

IT WAS A WONDERFUL DAY.

PappyD61 on August 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

This was a fantastic rally today. Glenn pulled all of those pastors, rabbis, and priests together and got something done. I think there will be a re-awakening in America.

Oh, I am now a St. Louis Cardinals fan.

Mirimichi on August 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Jenfidel on August 28, 2010 at 11:27 PM

THIS!

I have been trying to figure out how to say this…now I don’t.

Well said.

Electrongod on August 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Confucius said it much more succinctly.

Tav on August 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM

I think I prefer the long form, but both are true!

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

I think, in a sense, it actually was a call to arms. The spark of it if nothing else.

bluemarlin on August 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM

That’s what I’m hoping.

The fact that GB gathered 500,000, (which is awesome), to talk about God,(even more awesome), and bringing America back to her God, may, by the grace of God, be the catalyst needed for the 500,000, and all of us backing them, of every race and creed, to put an end, once and forever, to America’s age of abortion.

tigerlily on August 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

If any concerns should be looked at,it is the Social
Justice Worshipping at the Alter of Liberalism,that
is real right now!!

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 11:20 P

Exactly.

Interesting tidbit. My uncle, a lefty lawyer, recently died and his survivors provided a list of preferred charities. I sifted through the list trying to find the one that was least left-wing politically. It was a large Methodist church in downtown Richmond, Va. But even so, its web site touted ‘social justice’. That was shortly before Beck did his shows on ‘social justice’. I went back to the site a few days ago (thinking I might write them about their ‘social justice’ crap) and found that references to ‘social justice’ had been completely removed. Score one for the Christians! :)

petefrt on August 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I just glanced through parts of the previous page’s comments; a couple of thoughts:

1) I’m pleasantly surprised by the lack of the usual Christian vs. Atheist push-and-shoveapalooza.

2) One POSTER has made my DNR list.

Good night to all.

hillbillyjim on August 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

It scares me too since I believe in Christianity and not some universalist American civil religion.

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM

You are one of those with eyes who cannot see; with ears who cannot hear.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

Amen to that.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

It’s like I tell my 16 year old:: Quit being concerned about what others are doing-be ‘concerned’ about yourself.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Well, now there’s three pages up, so to clarify my last comment, I was referring to page 1.

hillbillyjim on August 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Oh, I am now a St. Louis Cardinals fan.

Mirimichi on August 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Me too.
Cubs god-I ask your forgiveness.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM

I don’t know much about baseball but is the gentleman who was at the rally have a chance to be MVP and if so is it voted on by the public?

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:37 PM

hillbillyjim on August 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I observe that the Christians seem to be so busy beating on one another that they have apparently forgotten all about the atheists.

semloh on August 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I’ve been trying to convince my 16 year old the same thing. I also point out to her the hardest thing a person can do is look inward to improve one self.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM

I don’t see 9/12 coming close to the numbers that were there today. I wish Glenn had done his event on 9/12 like last year.

cannonball on August 28, 2010 at 11:39 PM

semloh on August 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM

It’s a shame since we are one nation UNDER GOD. All people of faith should be able to come together instead of dueling over which theology is better.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

PappyD61 on August 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

awesome, ty

RepubChica on August 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

To think a former drunk and a PTA mom from AK could be the doom of the greatest socialist machine since FDR and Stalin.

talk about storybook endings

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM

THREAD WINNER, next thread please Allahp.

PappyD61 on August 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

We are all Cardinal fans now.

=]

Inanemergencydial on August 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:37 PM

I think Pujol’s has a good chance at MVP if the Redbirds go to the WS.
I don’t know how that’s decided because I’m a Cubs fan…Completely

Useless

By

September.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 11:01 PM
=================================
I knew you would find a pic of Michelle. The whole family must have got a good bargain on those kind of bikes.

Electrongod on August 28, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Electrongod:Heres a pic of Cuda’,zee bike,haha!!
I’m not sure its hers tho!!:)
===================================================

Oh,a blast from zee past!
—————————

Kerry takes a spill from bike

CONCORD, Mass. (AP) — Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry took a spill from his bicycle after hitting a patch of sand during a ride Sunday afternoon, but he was uninjured, campaign officials said.

So is it true? This ultra uber conservative republican from Alaska has a Harley Davidson? Perhaps this is the first place on the net where you can see her bike. Lets be honest here for a moment and set the politics aside. If this is her bike, this is a good thing. Now lets ask. Does Barack Obama’s wife have Harley
======================

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM

The event was moving. It was heavy on the religious overtones, but that’s OK. It was authentic and that’s what really matters.

AnninCA on August 28, 2010 at 11:42 PM

milemarker2020 on August 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

You are so right. Beck is rearranging the pieces on the playing board. That’s the true significance of his work. Not many seem to see that yet. But I think the left senses it in their gut, and it’s why they fear him so.

petefrt on August 28, 2010 at 11:42 PM

Only Beck Kool Aid drinkers are welcome here? I miss the critical thinkers.

Only one person told you to get lost. Many don’t agree with or understand your perspective and voice their opinions, so this makes them Kool-Aide drinkers? Surely, that’s not critical thinking.

Gang-of-One on August 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM

I’ve got a son.
He’s a great guy…and a total busybody.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:43 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM

Yeah, I’m a Cubs fan, too. But, after today, I’m going to have to pull for the Cardinals for while.

Mirimichi on August 28, 2010 at 11:44 PM

I caught the end of the rally and Beck’s closing remarks, the Bagpipers, and bands that followed, before I left for work.

I wish I could have been there.

Kini on August 28, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Glenn Beck’s Rally: Stealing King’s moral authority

hillbillyjim on August 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Inanemergencydial on August 28, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I though you were going to say that Pujol’s was a mensch.
*ducks and runs while laughing*

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM

our s/b their

hillbillyjim on August 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM

IT WAS A WONDERFUL DAY.

PappyD61 on August 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

Thank you so much for that link. I was only able to catch the last few minutes live.

Ugly on August 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Beck hinted that he was promoting a contemporary Black Robe Brigade. Did he say anything more about that today? It could be a powerful thing.

petefrt on August 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I’ll be there!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM

annoyinglittletwerp:Another Rally of Resolve before November
absolutely fabulous,oh wait,I’m think
ing Prop 8,oh da h*ll with it,close en
ough!!!

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM

Glenn spoke for the last 1/2 half hour without a teleprompter. Must have come from the heart.

Mirimichi on August 28, 2010 at 11:48 PM

hillbillyjim on August 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM

I know the media is not biased/sarc

The media went into overdrive trying to trash the event.

CWforFreedom on August 28, 2010 at 11:49 PM

milemarker2020 on August 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

The religious black community has always been vunerable to the left. The “Progressives” have always overcome the moral aspects with strong racism overtones. Behind the scenes, the democrats have retained control of the black community by bribing the preachers with “repair the roof” money. Or as I call it, 30 pieces of silver.

barnone on August 28, 2010 at 11:51 PM

talk about storybook endings

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM

We are former drunks now

faraway on August 28, 2010 at 11:51 PM

petefrt on August 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM

I am not positive but I think that had more to do with the Friday night Kennedy Center get together. I read that it was lead off by a Rabi who couldn’t turn on the mic because it was the start of the Sabbath and he couldn’t turn on electricity. I don’t know if it is available for viewing.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Mirimichi on August 28, 2010 at 11:48 PM

I’d like to see Barry do that trick. He has to have a heart to speak from.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM

It’s going to be something like EIGHTEEN HOURS in a coach seat on Amtrak’s ‘Capitol Limited’…each way.
Actually this will be the first trip I’ve ever really taken by myself where there’s no friends or family in the area.
I’m looking forward to it.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

petefrt on August 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM

Yes, I think that is what the 240 clergy members were on stage for. They are the basis of that brigade, I could be wrong but that is what I got out of it.

bluemarlin on August 28, 2010 at 11:53 PM

The media went into overdrive trying to trash the event.

CWforFreedom on August 28, 2010 at 11:49 PM

Even Drudge (to his shame) only reported ‘thousands’ in his links. That’s like calling a ‘Baker’s Dozen’ a doughnut.

Ugly on August 28, 2010 at 11:53 PM

petefrt on August 28, 2010 at 11:46 PM

At one point, he called upon dozens of ministers that were on the stage and many more in the crowd. They were not litterally dressed in black. (I was working with in on the background.)

barnone on August 28, 2010 at 11:53 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:25 PM
======================
I’ll be in a plane. I don’t know how I manage to miss all these things.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Cindy Munford: Its the thoughts that count,hopefully,I will
be there with you,as well,in spirit,and be-
sides,your hubby,a former Vietnam War Combat
Helicopter Pilot,have paid,your dues in full!

Oh,P.S.,thank you for the Trillion,it does
mean alot!!:)

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 11:54 PM

I though you were going to say that Pujol’s was a mensch.
*ducks and runs while laughing*

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM

haha, I’d say that, but I’ve seen how his wife really runs the show.

=]

Inanemergencydial on August 28, 2010 at 11:55 PM

I’d like to see Barry do that trick. He has to have a heart to speak from.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Oh he has the heart. But it is diametric from ours.

Ugly on August 28, 2010 at 11:55 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I think you will find yourself around many friends!

bluemarlin on August 28, 2010 at 11:55 PM

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:51 PM

It’s available on Beck’s website. You must be an Insider Extreme member to view it.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM

I’d like to see Barry do that trick. He has to have a heart to speak from.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

He did (fail) answer a womans question with a 17 minute rambling 2600 word response. If you are significantly suffering from insomnia, read it.

barnone on August 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:51 PM

Yes, probably it did. (I saw the first part of the video from his web site, but dozed off before the end.)

Imagine the influence a Black Robe Brigade might have today.

petefrt on August 28, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Mirimichi on August 28, 2010 at 11:48 PM
==================================
I’d like to see Barry do that trick. He has to have a heart to speak from.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

mizflame98: From my political saved files,like this!!:)
=======================================================

Senator Obama- What was the question?

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 11:57 PM

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:56 PM

No one has ever used the work “extreme” in connection to me in my life.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM
=====================================
I’m late to the party today…

… but +7% to you, my friend!

Seven Percent Solution on August 28, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Seven Percent Solution:Yes,I am as well,missed the Rally
in real time,thank-you too,I’m
finally on page #3,reading all the
comments!!:)

canopfor on August 29, 2010 at 12:01 AM

barnone on August 28, 2010 at 11:53 PM

bluemarlin on August 28, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Good to hear. Thanks.

petefrt on August 29, 2010 at 12:01 AM

The heresy of Mormonism. The heresy of American civil religion. Christianity is not a program for making more moral citizens or for winning elections or for making society better. Christianity is about the Christ and his finished work on the cross to pay for our sins. Christianity is about salvation through Him and it is not about gathering in public prayer with all manner of unbelievers in order to effect cultural change.

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Did you watch the same rally as I did? I think I remember a calling of all faiths to look to God, not for everyone to conform to one religion.

lsutiger on August 29, 2010 at 12:01 AM

I just watched the rally coverage and I can’t tell you how relieved I am that others realize that we are in a world of hurt when we forget that this country was made great because it was founded on Christian principles and a deep deep love and respect of God. It was wonderful to see in America again Jesus’ name raised and honored as it should be. This gives me real hope. I’ve been very worried about how our country has been putting God on the back burner as we become more materialistic and compromise our values. I’m glad someone else recognizes this and so I pray that God will continue to bless, protect and guide Sarah Palin and now Glenn Beck too. God bless them for what they are trying to do. Next rally… I’m going!

CCRWM on August 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 11:54 PM

Tiny correction. He wasn’t a pilot, he was a crew chief. I’ll have to find the link to “The Man in the Door” by a Marine in Vietnam. It is very moving. Maybe tomorrow.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM

full video link from CSPAN here….

…..thank you Glenn, Palin, Barton, King, and Roever (and all the others).

IT WAS A WONDERFUL DAY.

PappyD61 on August 28, 2010 at 11:30 PM

PappyD61: Super,thanks for the Link,I’ll watch it later,
after the pirated Expendable movie that my tech
savvy,#2 son down-loaded for Da-da!!:)

canopfor on August 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM

From J.E. Dyer’s piece. One of the things I despise about the liberal left is that they have made it a shame to be conservative in one’s politics; a shame to be patriotic; a shame to support traditional values in faith and family. If you stand up for any of those principles you are mocked, ridiculed and despised.

My home state is very blue–blue enough that one feels fear at the thought of putting up political signs of support for your favorite politician; fear of putting a bumper sticker on your car with any kind of conservative viewpoint on it; fear of talking out loud in public against any of those on the political left. I’m tired of living the fear; tired of being told I should live in shame of that which I am not ashamed of. I am an evangelical Christian conservative American (in that order), and of that I am not ashamed.

theotherone on August 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Mirimichi on August 28, 2010 at 11:48 PM
==================================
I’d like to see Barry do that trick. He has to have a heart to speak from.

mizflame98 on August 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

mizflame98: From my political saved files,like this!!:)
=======================================================

Senator Obama- What was the question?

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 11:57 PM

Ah yes. He doesn’t BS as gracefully as Clinton. At least Slick Willie was entertaining. Barry is just painful to listen to.

mizflame98 on August 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

You need to find another HotAir person and a meet up place.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Glenn Beck’s Rally: Stealing King’s moral authority

This is a sad piece. Beck was attempting to unite people and encouraging them to look inward to find our better selves. This long-winded twit is trying to polarize the weak-minded with unfounded nonsense.

hillbillyjim on August 28, 2010 at 11:45 PM

The people saying that are the people who stole Martin Luthor King’s moral authority.

The American Civil Rights Movement died within seconds of MLK — when an unknown young preacher named Jessie Jackson bent over, used his hand to daub King’s blood onto his own white shirt, stood back up and addressed the crowd. That is when, almost as if it had been planned that way, King’s legacy stopped being about indivdual equality and was taken over by the Black Liberation Theologists’ crusade for racial vengeance.

logis on August 29, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Btw,these Rallys are awesome,and its keeping up with
“Momemtum”,and reminding those,come November,

as a Lib would say,bang’n the gavel,

“Your T-i-m-e is Up”!!!!!!!!!!
==============================

canopfor on August 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM

My ‘online dad’ saw combat with the USMC in ‘Nam.

Thanks to both of you for your service!
(The famlies ‘serve’ too)

annoyinglittletwerp on August 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM

The thing about liberals is that you can’t disagree with them. If you don’t believe as they do, your beliefs must be destroyed. It’s crazy.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:07 AM

You need to find another HotAir person and a meet up place.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I’m suppose to meet up with a few ‘chickies’ from HARP.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 29, 2010 at 12:08 AM

hillbillyjim on August 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

This Atheist knows when to shut up – sometimes. =)

OldEnglish on August 29, 2010 at 12:08 AM

few days ago (thinking I might write them about their ’social justice’ crap) and found that references to ’social justice’ had been completely removed. Score one for the Christians! :)

petefrt on August 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

petefrt: Great point,sound like the site went, Stealth,
and candolences to you,on you uncle!:)

canopfor on August 29, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Not so crazy when you realize that their belief is all they have. By challenging that you threaten them in a sense that you don’t threaten a more rounded individual.

sharrukin on August 29, 2010 at 12:10 AM

Good night to all.

hillbillyjim on August 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

hillbillyjim: Good points as always,sweet OBE’s HBJ!!:)

canopfor on August 29, 2010 at 12:11 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on August 29, 2010 at 12:08 AM

Excellent, I hate for you to be alone, you never know when there will be a wild State Department SUV on the prowl.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:11 AM

I picked up my stick a while back.

My collie says:

Yeah. Too bad you can’t get some private lessons from Albert Pujols on how to swing it.

How good do you suppose that I have to be in order to bash a liberal upside the head with it?

My collie says:

At the moment, you’re every bit as good as Daffy Duck in that Robin Hood cartoon

Thanks a lot, collie. Man’s best friend, huh?

CyberCipher on August 29, 2010 at 12:13 AM

sharrukin on August 29, 2010 at 12:10 AM

They must never talk to each other because I defy anyone to find two people who agree on everything. I guess they are too busy bashing conservatives to every figure that out.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Why did Fox stop showing Red Eye at midnight on Saturday, it’s my only chance of staying awake?

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Watching the C-Span video now, and his BP vest is obvious. I thought it was brave of him to make it so obvious.

I dunno what to think of Beck. But the message was awesome.

Ugly on August 29, 2010 at 12:15 AM

Judah was but one tribe.

True_King on August 28, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Riiiight. ‘Cause the religion we call Judiasm is really Judah-Issachar-Zebulun-Reuben-Simeon-Gad-Ephraim-Manesseh-Benjamin-Dan-Asher-Naphtali-ism.

John the Libertarian on August 29, 2010 at 12:16 AM

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Cindy Munford: Good question,I wonder how many sports
journalists mix in their politics!!
===========================================================
How is baseball mvp picked?
—————————
Ranked ballot voting by a number of members of the Baseball Writers Association of America.

There are two voters per city chapter per league, selected by that chapter’s secretary. Fourteen AL teams == 28 ballots, 16 NL teams == 32 ballots.

Ballots have ten slots. A first place vote is worth 14 points. Second place is nine points, third place eight points, and so on down to tenth place, which is worth one point.

Points are tallied. Candidate with the most points wins that league’s MVP Award for that season.

Ballots must be postmarked no later than the day after the season ends to ensure that postseason play does not influence the voting, as it is intended to honor performance during the regular season.

canopfor on August 29, 2010 at 12:17 AM

I’ll watch it later,
after the pirated Expendable movie that my tech
savvy,#2 son down-loaded for Da-da!!:)

canopfor on August 29, 2010 at 12:03 AM

If he got the vision version or R5, you’re set. Just finished watching the vision version ;)

8/10

Awesome stuff

Ugly on August 29, 2010 at 12:18 AM

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:13 AM

I am not sure their actual belief matters very much.

They seem capable of chucking it overboard and going with the newest fad belief pretty rapidly. I mean feminists aren’t actually feminists and civil rights leaders aren’t for civil rights.

The only thing that unites them is their hate of everything western in general, and American in particular.

sharrukin on August 29, 2010 at 12:18 AM

canopfor on August 29, 2010 at 12:17 AM

Thanks. I was worried that the Left might take it out on him if it was popular vote. I think the Sports Press is as liberal as the others so he probably doesn’t have a chance to get it now.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:20 AM

I am not sure their actual belief matters very much.

sharrukin on August 29, 2010 at 12:18 AM

To watch the evolution of this, see Charlie Crist.

bluemarlin on August 29, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Time to go to sleep. Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams.

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:21 AM

lbillyjim on August 28, 2010 at 11:32 PM

This Atheist knows when to shut up – sometimes. =)
OldEnglish on August 29, 2010 at 12:08 AM

No. Liberals know many, many tricks. But not that one.

What they do know is when to stop proselytizing their own dogma, and raise a false flag instead.

We have to remember that these people are the ultimate zeaolots – because they are zealous about no cause except that of being zealous. They can never make even the most infantile effort to be righteous. By definition, they can only be SELF-righteous – and they are always perfectly so.

We made progress today, but don’t kid yourself: the enemies of freedom will never stop fighting. Because they have absolutely nothing else to live for.

logis on August 29, 2010 at 12:22 AM

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM
=====================
We are former drunks now

faraway on August 28, 2010 at 11:51 PM

faraway:Yes,hehe,and tea teetotalers!!:)

canopfor on August 29, 2010 at 12:22 AM

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:21 AM

Night!

bluemarlin on August 29, 2010 at 12:22 AM

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 11:47 PM

I’m looking forward to it.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 28, 2010 at 11:52 PM

annoyinglittletwerp: If you’ve got a laptop,you’d be
good to go girl,haha!!:)

canopfor on August 29, 2010 at 12:28 AM

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 11:54 PM
========================================

Cindy Munford on August 29, 2010 at 12:02 AM

Cindy Munford: Close enough,I saved that link!:)
========================================================