Quotes of the day

posted at 9:00 pm on August 28, 2010 by Allahpundit

Mr. Beck made a surprise visit on Friday to a convention held by FreedomWorks, a Tea Party umbrella group, for Tea Party supporters. He received a thunderous welcome from a crowd of about 1,600 in Constitution Hall.

He told the crowd that he had begun planning his march on Washington a year ago, thinking “it was supposed to be political.”

“And then I kind of feel like God dropped a giant sandbag on my head,” he said.

“My role, as I see it, is to wake America up to the backsliding of principles and values and most of all of God,” he said. “We are a country of God. As I look at the problems in our country, quite honestly, I think the hot breath of destruction is breathing on our necks and to fix it politically is a figure that I don’t see anywhere.”

***
In a way, the rally today mirrored rallies held for then-candidate Barack Obama in 2007 and leading up to the election of 2008. Both this rally and many of Obama’s featured mesmerizing speakers, who chose to inspire audiences by rhetorically empowering them to take matters into their own hands.

While Beck’s rally emphasized belief in God, Obama’s generally emphasized himself as a savior of the American people. This, I believe, was the contrast the talk radio and television personality was trying to achieve. Beck’s rally, and the speakers who addressed the crowd, were continually thanking God and Beck for bringing such an inspiring crowd together…

Only toward the end of the program did Beck refer to Democrats, Republicans, and independents. But it still wasn’t political. It was a unity call, imploring everyone to come together and unite to “restore honor.” It was a post-partisan moment. Similar, in a way, to Obama’s 2004 DNC speech, when the then-state senator from Illinois suggested that we should not remain isolated in a “red America” or a “blue America,” but should come together as the United States of America.

***
We need to think about the success of Beck’s rally Saturday and ask what it says about the lack of moral authority in this country today. We also need to wonder what it says about us as a culture that so many Americans on a Saturday in August and more than two million a day via Fox News come to Beck and apparently hear something in his hodge-podge of elementary-school history and mishmash of moral platitudes and bromides that they find meaningful.

Moral authority — that’s what the rally was really about. That’s what the bagpipes playing “Amazing Grace” at the end of the rally were all about. That’s what all the talk of standing on “hallowed ground” was all about. That’s what the repeated use of words like “honor,” “integrity” and “trust” were all about…

That’s what what was so powerful about November 2008 in Grant Park when Barack Obama took the stage on election night: Millions of Americans thought they were watching someone who brought moral authority to the White House. I know I did.

Sadly, millions now feel Obama has since lost it with too many morning-after flip-flops on moral issues, entertainment TV show appearances, and days on the golf course as the economy struggles.

***
“Restoration” is a theme he has a gift for: a gift not only of analytical insight but of personal experience with balancing justice and mercy, and distinguishing between self-deception and realistic hope.

And he’s right about this, too: America can’t be set on a better course solely with changes in federal policy. Law and government don’t – can’t – make the people good. They don’t make us eligible for liberty. Our law and government are only as good as we are. It’s the people who have to change. And spiritual revival never looks like something organized by State Department protocol; when people are changing from the inside, there are rallies, hortatory preaching, gabfests, sorrow, joy.

I urge my fellow conservatives not to despise this phenomenon or be disparaging about it. All our futures depend on the character of the people around us. Fear, defensiveness, and moral weakness in the people are the best friends of the tyrant. None of us can resist the siren-call of statist collectivization single-handedly. It is not embarrassing or over-the-top for people to gather in public to affirm that there’s such a thing as good character, and that we can’t do without it. It is meaningful and life-changing to many. It is necessary.

***

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Good quote

PrezHussein on August 28, 2010 at 9:07 PM

Hi AP, can we make this the official “experiencing technical difficulties” picture for HA:

Dunno about copyright issues.

rbj on August 28, 2010 at 9:07 PM

I’m not a great fan of Beck, particularly his religious talk (no thank you, I’m not interested in your ‘Jesus’ who is the spirit-brother of Lucifer in your religion, not the monogeneis, homoousious tou theous I confess). NEVERTHELESS, I was heartened to see the turnout to the rally as I saw it on CSPAN this morning. He errs in his civil religion, but is correct in his call to unite under the principles of the Republic which we may all rightly share.

Al Sharpton’s hate-fest which followed did a remarkable job of highlighting the difference between the options before us, and I think it was a genius line-up, albeit surely unintentional.

Scribbler on August 28, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Meanwhile, the “people” speaking at the other rally showed fear, anger, and complete insecurity because they know their stance is indefensible in a moral and self-respecting, self-governing society.

Bunch of losers.

AubieJon on August 28, 2010 at 9:08 PM

We all can now see that we are not alone,there are serious like minded people who only want the best for this Great Nation. With the help of a divine providence we will unite as a Nation and all will benefit,each in their own way. The dividers lost today and will be defeated as we stand together.One Nation Under GOD!

Col.John Wm. Reed on August 28, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Scribbler on August 28, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Agreed. His “religious speak” is starting to creep me out. He’s beginning to resemble a right-wing Oprah.

29Victor on August 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM

What a great quote! Thank your, Dyer, for writing it. Great QOTD, AP, all of them.

Weight of Glory on August 28, 2010 at 9:17 PM

How many of us here think that tomorrow, on the Sunday yap shows, we might find repubs joining their marxist brothers and sisters to condemn Beck ?

macncheez on August 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM

At least Beck hasnt said he was the one we have been waiting for.

William Amos on August 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Talking about personal character in DC is like talking about women’s rights in Riyadh, you are at the epicenter of the antithesis of both.

Bishop on August 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Oooooooooobama! Ooooooooooooobama!

Oh, wait!

This must really scare the living daylights out of the media/liberals.

SouthernGent on August 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

For those who say the universalist heresy festival on 8/28 wasn’t about politics, watch this video of interviews with people who were there and then tell me that again with a straight face: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CY5aFvRe2E

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

rbj on August 28, 2010 at 9:07 PM

That is too cute.

sammypants on August 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

This must really scare the living daylights out of the media/liberals.

SouthernGent on August 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

It scares me too since I believe in Christianity and not some universalist American civil religion.

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I wish people would stop trying to make this about Glenn Beck instead of the message. We send people to Washington to make very important decisions on our behalf. For quite some time many have been making decisions based on how it will enrich themselves and sometimes their states (again them). We are not suppose to be the subjects of the government.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM

The Baltimore Sun link…

Glenn Beck’s Rally: Stealing King’s moral authority?

They are just deranged. King’s niece was there and she clearly didn’t think Beck was stealing anything.

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Somewhat OT, but shareworthy:
I, too, had a dream…last night…and man, was it weird!
Had clients (I’m a Realtor)that I was showing houses to…they fell in love with a house on a street called (I kid you not), “Hope and Change Dr.”
In the dream, we were incredulous, and came to find out that all the residents of the street petitioned to have the name changed (from what I have no idea)to Hope and Change after the election.
It was quite a chilling dream…guess I’m becoming a moonbat fer true!

Chewy the Lab on August 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Beck can get a bit too weepy for me, but I appreciate his message of God’s place in American history, and the event brought some awesome people together. It’s all good.

Sharpton, on the other hand…the less said the better.

RedRedRice on August 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM

macncheez on August 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Good, we can know who on the right is an establishment RINO and who really is willing to put forth the effort to rein this disaster back in. The quicker all of them are marginalized and made to stand in the back quietly, the better.

Bishop on August 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Every braindead idiot felt that way
:D

macncheez on August 28, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Civil Religion is believing in patriotism and the “Creator” of the Declaration of Independence and turning the Founders into demi-gods and making the politics of your church more important than what your church teaches. It is about morals and values and being a good citizen. And it is about denying and erasing any religious beliefs that don’t serve that purpose or that get in the way of politics.

All the “pastors” at the Great Heresy Festival of 2010 should be more concerned with where people will be and what they’ll hear on Sunday than with them being in D.C. today or with who they’ll vote for in November. Maybe they could put the same energy and passion into restoring true teaching that they put into “restoring honor”.

Pastors who preach about anything other than Christ and Him crucified are not doing their job. If they want to make people better citizens or elect better leaders then they should quit the ministry and run for office.

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Scribbler on August 28, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I will second your notion with what I posted under the Dyer post:

I get a bit turned off when Beck does his G*d thing, just as I feared the complete crud that Pat Robertson tried to sell. But I do know this:

Belief in the power of the individual to determine best the path of one’s life, as opposed to the ‘wisdom’ of the collective, is what makes us unique. I will fight to preserve that power, regardless of the MSM onslaught that tries to sell the fringe benefits of knuckling under.

For that I thank Glenn and all who participated today.

You are not alone.

GnuBreed on August 28, 2010 at 9:24 PM

GnuBreed on August 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM

This is/was not about the rodeo clown (GB). I know many wanted it to be about him. It is a realization that for our Democratic Republic to work we must have people of character and virtue to make it work. Just look at the scoundrels who are seated in the halls of Congress. This has to change, yes, we have to change it and ourselves.
Thanks, AP for the QOTD…

d1carter on August 28, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Scribbler on August 28, 2010 at 9:08 PM

29Victor on August 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Wish I could articulate it better, but I find the religious emphasis somewhat comforting. It’s a very risky stance to take, but I feel it’s one he truly feels compelled to take.
He must know he will be pegged as an evangelist if he keeps it up, but he’s not afraid of that label.
I haven’t said it well, but perhaps someone with better word-skills can flesh it out or refute.

Chewy the Lab on August 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Great Heresy Festival of 2010

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM

What are you talking about?

What heresy?

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM

this is a great QOTD. Very well put and this is a lesson that I learned too. First, from prepping for a Constitution course that we’re going to teach, second from this rally, now third from this QOTD. Nice work, AP. God is stirring in the hearts of Americans again today. He never left, it has been us that have forgotten Him and today’s rally is a great awakening back to what we knew we needed all along.

ted c on August 28, 2010 at 9:31 PM

This is the way I viewed the rally: We shamefully lament that in a representative Republic, our government looks like us. Today, millions of Americans determined within themselves that they were no longer going to look like that anymore, which will in turn change how D.C. looks. There is nothing that a burdensome, enslaving, oppressive centralized federal government fears more than a moral and decent people able to govern themselves with justice and peace, while meeting the needs of their neighbors. That nation has little need for a nanny state.

Weight of Glory on August 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Beck is aiming at nothing less that a Third Great Awakening.(Fourth if you count the late 19th and early 20th century efforts by the likes of the Rev Josiah Strong.)Beck’s call for restoration is of the same manner as the call of George Whitfield for a return to originalist Christianity.It remains to be seen if Beck is George Whitfield or Elmer Gantry.

xkaydet65 on August 28, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Weight of Glory on August 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM

That should be posted in every school and college, but they would never allow it.

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 9:35 PM

there will be a lot of spinning tomorrow and monday on all the msm channels, should be fun to watch them squirm….

heh

cmsinaz on August 28, 2010 at 9:36 PM

the reality is that you don’t have to believe in God, or be a Christian, to appreciate and benefit from the MASSIVE success of Beck’s rally.

Beck is trying to restore HONOR…but also THIS phrase:
endowed by their creator…”

You don’t have to believe in a “creator”, just know that our Founders KNEW FOR A FACT we had to base our freedom on something OTHER than mankind. (look at our dim-witted anti-American “president” for example).

Imagine the Declaration of Independence saying:
they are endowed by Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi with certain rights…”
Scary, right?

Justrand on August 28, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Scribbler on August 28, 2010 at 9:08 PM

29Victor on August 28, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Then you probably would have joined up with the rest of the torrie’s at the end of the revolution and sailed back to England, because what you rail against is how the people felt and talked at the time.

BruceB on August 28, 2010 at 9:36 PM

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 9:35 PM

agree….nice post WoG

cmsinaz on August 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Kudos to AP for putting together a very nice QOTD. It probably wasn’t easy for one queasy about religion, but good job.

Connie on August 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM

What are you talking about?

What heresy?

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM

The heresy of Mormonism. The heresy of American civil religion. Christianity is not a program for making more moral citizens or for winning elections or for making society better. Christianity is about the Christ and his finished work on the cross to pay for our sins. Christianity is about salvation through Him and it is not about gathering in public prayer with all manner of unbelievers in order to effect cultural change.

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM

My pastor has taught the folks in his congregation to know the difference. The rally today was a call to pray for our nation and to return to living honorably, and to expect the same from our elected officials.

I’m not sure what you were watching. I probably wouldn’t agree with all of the pastors/leaders who assembled behind Beck at the end of his speech, but if we have a common goal for our nation, I’m fine with them being there. I can witness to the folks I don’t agree with later.

AubieJon on August 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM

The hatred for this event on the left was and is palpable.

I’ve never seen people divert from the actual event to write in blogs: “It was all about Beck and Palin making money.”

“The conservatives forget the bible said to feed the poor.”

“I served in Nam and this is what I came back to? This ain’t America, this was a nazi rally”

I could go on, but seriously, what were you NOT watching because most of the speeches and such were simple, inspiring, and without political directive.

Only progressives can turn the sound off a show and decide what it said.

JP1986UM on August 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM

What were they saying about Mormons that bothered you?

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 9:40 PM

elementary-school history

LOL! This is taught in elementary-schools?! I don’t think so! Christian/private elementary schools of course have vastly better curriculum, but certainly not mainstream/public schools. And that’s Beck’s point.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on August 28, 2010 at 9:41 PM

We are a Christian Nation no matter what zero says, not muslin.

dragondrop on August 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM

ditto on Connie.

ted c on August 28, 2010 at 9:45 PM

500,000 people showed up to see beck and Palin. fear is being kindled in establishment types across the land tonight. Palin’s interviews after the rally show the press are starting to give her some respect. Not alot but some. Beck has proven that he has the power to get people out of their seats and invovled.

the fact this rally was held 2 months before the mid terms and the fact that the left could only draw 3-4k counter protesters in one of the mostliberal cities in the country again is sending fear into the establishment.

the fac tthat Palin’s speech is not being talk about much shows that she hit a homerun with it. And if it wa sjus ther speech the establishment might be able to regroup and counterpunch. but they also have Beck, christianity, and American history to fight after this. Beck and Palin managed in one day to show how out of touch the left is with the ideals and history of this country. And from a quick surfing of left wing sites they got no comeback yet.

As Ck said they have been refutiated by the majority. Beck and Palin are now making it look easy. To think a former drunk and a PTA mom from AK could be the doom of the greatest socialist machine since FDR and Stalin.

talk about storybook endings

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Ministers and churches were the news organizations of the American Revolution.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Justrand on August 28, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Well put!

I would add that Beck broke down the words, “We pledge our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor.”
Thems’ ain’t small ‘taters, gang…them’s fightin’ woyds!

Chewy the Lab on August 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Ministers and churches were the news organizations of the American Rev0lution.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM

This is the sort of thing Reagan used to talk about: Liberalism is predicated on the belief that each of us individually is a greedy scum bag. But, somehow, our collective – as represented by a tiny handful of overlords – is an unquestionably pure force for good in the world.

The two sides are not in disagreement about particulars; this is a complete moral inversion.

Imagine how you would feel if you woke up tomorrow and found that the federal government had confiscated all the remaining private property in America overnight…. That is precisely the same feeling of all-consuming rage, hatred and terror that liberals feel when a conservative suggests cutting the scope of the federal government by one iota.

Liberals want US to feel like the freaks, and 99% of the media are helping them 24 hours a day. People like Obama, Arlinski and Ayers drew the battle lines decades ago, and they brook no compromise and no middle ground in this battle. The sooner we admit the obvious, the better off this country will be.

logis on August 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Christianity is not a program for making society better D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM

You are unequivocally wrong. Each individual that becomes better from Christianity makes society better.

You should focus on helping individuals yourself and not yelling out in a forum the heresy of someone preaching good values in Washington.

PrezHussein on August 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM

At least Beck hasnt said he was the one we have been waiting for.

William Amos on August 28, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Thread winner right there.

bernzright777 on August 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I believe in Christianity and not some universalist American civil religion.

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Then go back to your corner, pray for your eternal soul, and let the rest of us handle the future of our republic while you trust God to damn the sinners to eternal condemnation.

If you don’t think what’s being done is right, then stay out of the way. You are free to follow your conscience, and the rest of us will follow ours.

gryphon202 on August 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Change
=========

Yes,Progressives want change also,they want,you the American
Patriot,the bitters/clingers/bible-tote-’rs to have faith,in
them,

and change,for them,and have faith in them!

The Left will not change either,who they are,what they are,
their goals and beliefs,and their politics!!!

I bet,todays Common Sense and Faith ReRestoration of America,her Values,Historical Moments of her Strife,
and what she,LADY LIBERTY represents to the US of A,
and just as important,her Stance on the World Stage
of Morals and Justice,and FREEDOM,

has left,all those on the LeftSphere of Politics,
in an oblivion as to what today has mean’t to Am
ericans and outsiders,who are sitting on their perch’s,
from different countries peering in,

and it is simply this,its a ReAffrimation of America,
as she has always been,and will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Interesting. Beck’s appear to a return to good character and a restored morality echoes Margaret Thatcher’s theme that socialism was not merely an economic theory but rank immorality that soiled the character of the British people.

And she seemed to do pretty well with that.

Jimmie Bise, Jr on August 28, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Alveda King (MLK Jr’s niece) gave an extraordinary sppeech and had a great quote in it. “…sickness and disease of the spirit plague our nation, our children are incarcerated at horrendous rates, and wombs of mothers have become a battleground where the blood of our children is shed in a war…”

it was an incredible speech by that lady. I’d say the best of the day.

ted c on August 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM

God Bless Glenn Beck. And God Bless America!

publiuspen on August 28, 2010 at 9:55 PM

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM
What are you talking about?

What heresy?

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Ignore it, he is trolling…notice how he got more and more wordy as we ignored him and his “heresy tour” BS?

lovingmyUSA on August 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I don’t think I’ve ever said it, but I am constantly amazed at what a dear, dear friend you are of America! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Chewy the Lab on August 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Respectfully….just stop.

I heard the name of Jesus Christ lifted up several times today. Are you really going to engage in the same kind of purity/litmus tests that Jesus Himself hated? You’re going to refuse to sit at the well with the Samaritan woman? You’re going to refuse to eat with the tax collectors?

I’m not Mormon and I don’t agree with their theology. But when I hear the Precious Name of my Lord and Savior lifted, when I hear God beseeched and glorfied en masse, I’m satisfied. Why are you not?

Grace_is_sufficient on August 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM

And while I’m at it:

Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Matthew 10:34

How about this one?

And He said to them, “But now, let him who has a purse take it along, likewise also a bag, and let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one.”

Luke 22:36

Stay out of the way and follow your conscience. I am entitled to follow mine, as we all are.

gryphon202 on August 28, 2010 at 9:57 PM

it was an incredible speech by that lady. I’d say the best of the day.

ted c on August 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM

agreed. i’ll go further and say the women of the event stole the show and upstaged Beck.

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 9:58 PM

ted c on August 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Indeed! She hit a home run! She’ll get a lot of grief for it, too.

AubieJon on August 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Messiah complex.

AshleyTKing on August 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Downtown wants to turn the thread into a food fight about Christianity–his brand. Ignore him–he’s now half as smart as he thinks he is…

lovingmyUSA on August 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Excellent.

Connie on August 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Very nice QOTD AP.

conservative pilgrim on August 28, 2010 at 9:59 PM

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Thanks for that…
In November the waters begin to recede and the earth will begin to heal itself…

d1carter on August 28, 2010 at 10:00 PM

lovingmyUSA on August 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Just seems very narrow minded when we are all on the same side.

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Good quote

PrezHussein on August 28, 2010 at 9:07 PM

That people have to gather in public to affirm what should be natural and perfectly obvious–that’s the embarrassing part.

year_of_the_dingo on August 28, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Ministers and churches were the news organizations of the American Rev0lution.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 9:51 PM

See? Rebel rousers! =)

OldEnglish on August 28, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Just seems very narrow minded when we are all on the same side.

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I’m a Christian of the Southern Baptist variety, and when I run into folks like DOWN, the one thing that strikes me is their insecurity in their beliefs. It makes them very strident and dogmatic.

AubieJon on August 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM

D0WNT0WN on August 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM

While I agree that a church’s job it to spread the gospel, we as Christians are told to let his light shine through us and for me that means not only acting morally ourselves(as much as we can)but helping others act morally and with virtue. We are also told to pray for our leaders in government. I think that all those speakers and various preachers were acting as individuals and not as a church(I don’t know them so I can’t say for sure)
We as Christians need to follow our principles in choosing leaders and see nothing wrong with telling others about it also.

Corsair on August 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM

O/T on Drudge can someone confirm to me that Obama is riding a girl’s bike?

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM

O/T on Drudge can someone confirm to me that Obama is riding a girl’s bike?

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM

It’s a ‘bi’ bicycle.

AubieJon on August 28, 2010 at 10:06 PM

…that so many Americans on a Saturday in August…

I read that Sharpton got 3,000 at his counter-rally. Really? In a town that votes 70+% Democrat, he could only get 3,000 people? On a weekend?

Wonder where they all were?

ss396 on August 28, 2010 at 10:06 PM

good night everyone. Todya, It was a good day, I’m glad my children were there to see it and be a part of it. tired and out of beer.cya

ted c on August 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM

O/T on Drudge can someone confirm to me that Obama is riding a girl’s bike?

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Don’t even have to look. Goes without saying.

CWforFreedom on August 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Hey! Beck’s “history” is useful and new to about 90% of our brothers and sisters, even if they don’t agree with him. It surely is entertaining, too.

And “elementary school” is not quite the pejorative in the case of history as it may be in other subjects in light of the politicization debasing the subject which is common in its upper level studies.

IlikedAUH2O on August 28, 2010 at 10:07 PM

heh

cmsinaz on August 28, 2010 at 9:36 PM

cmsinaz:Yup!:)
==================================================

One would think the network with the “Best Political Team on Television” could tell the difference between Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin….not to mention spell Palin’s name right…

From/ACE’s site!

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM

O/T on Drudge can someone confirm to me that Obama is riding a girl’s bike?

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM

I thought I was misremembering my bike riding days. You are of course correct. His ‘sissy bar’ is missing.

NTTIAWWT. Yea right.

GnuBreed on August 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM

AubieJon on August 28, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Well I don’t have any problem with people believing as they do and arguing for it vigorously. That is different from attacking something good just because someone from the other side is involved.

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM

That satisfying sound you heard today was millions of liberal heads asploding.

Inanemergencydial on August 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Unseen

Urkel on a bike

CWforFreedom on August 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Styx – Miss America

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

O/T on Drudge can someone confirm to me that Obama is riding a girl’s bike?

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM
It’s a ‘bi’ bicycle.

AubieJon on August 28, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Do they make those now? Not sure if your joking or not. The way society is now you can’t be sure

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Compare Obama to Bush

Bush is a cyclist.

Inanemergencydial on August 28, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Unseen

Urkel on a bike

CWforFreedom on August 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

CWforFreedom: Judging that rear tire,I will surmize that
Hopey misplaced his tire gauge prior to the
ride!!:)

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 10:12 PM

O/T on Drudge can someone confirm to me that Obama is riding a girl’s bike?

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Where’s the pic of Michelle on a bike? The missing link will be found there.

Electrongod on August 28, 2010 at 10:12 PM

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 10:09 PM

I was sorta joking. I guess the technical term would be a unisex bike. Michelle probably insisted he ride it in case he slid off the seat.

AubieJon on August 28, 2010 at 10:13 PM

If one does not believe that America was established with prayer and Christian principles, it makes sense that Beck would be very offensive. God Bless America.

mobydutch on August 28, 2010 at 10:13 PM

NTTIAWWT. Yea right.

GnuBreed on August 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM

If I’m seeing what I think i’m seeing I’m going to have a freaking field day with my liberal “friends” discussing why Obama needs to ride a girl’s bike instead of a man’s bike. I can even bring up Palin’s remark that the POTUs does not have the cajones to ride a real man’s bike…..etc

and yet the Late night comics still can find no humor in Obama?

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Electrongod on August 28, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Vague, unformed thoughts of an overloaded rear tire come to mind.

What were we talking about?

GnuBreed on August 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Nazareth – My White Bicycle

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 10:15 PM

OT – Murdoch driving ratings in Britain and driving the left crazy.

“If News Corporation’s proposal to acquire all of the remaining share in Sky goes through, Sky will not just be Britain’s biggest broadcaster, but a full part of a company which is also dominant in national newspapers as well as [being] one of Britain’s biggest publishers,” Thompson said. That would be “a concentration of cross-media ownership that would not be allowed in the United States or Australia”.

In a sideswipe at the Murdoch press he also criticised newspaper coverage of the BBC, claiming: “Some newspapers appear to print something hostile about the BBC every week … the scale and intensity of the current assaults does feel different.”

CWforFreedom on August 28, 2010 at 10:17 PM

lovingmyUSA on August 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Just seems very narrow minded when we are all on the same side.

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 10:01 PM

Not when he is using key words to inflame and incite about Beck. Being derisive is not the way to respect peopleon the “same side”

lovingmyUSA on August 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Michelle probably insisted he ride it in case he slid off the seat.

AubieJon on August 28, 2010 at 10:13 PM

good one. didn’t know they made them. did Pat ride one?

unseen on August 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Compare Obama to Bush

Bush is a cyclist.

Inanemergencydial on August 28, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Inanemergencydial:Bush’s bike is made for riding,and hard,
dual disc brakes,best of components,where
as,Team Cycle Hopey,is to take a spin aro
ond the community!!

Mine,is a road-race,Raleigh SuperCoarse
model,nice and light!!!:)

canopfor on August 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM

There was a blackout about this event on our local noose,
but yesterday, this is what the ugly hags of SF were screaching about:

This after local media was announcing the grand victory of Leland Yee against Sarah Palin, because he got to get the Cal State Stanislaus forced to reveal that Sarah Palin got paid $ 75,00 for her speech and her contract required her to be provided with return airtix and a bendy-straw…yeah , it was a victory for justice here ….

Yet, nothing happened in DC today

macncheez on August 28, 2010 at 10:20 PM

You know what might have been a nice idea? Attendees of Restore America rally going to Rev. Sharpton’s rally. It would have given his attendance a boost, given real insight to differences in message. I read a play by play at the Washington Post and they were really offended at the “no sign” request by Mr. Beck. It was “hiding” the true feelings of the audience. Anyway, I have not seen a single picture of their rally, I assume the media decided it was in the best interest of the group.

Cindy Munford on August 28, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Being derisive is not the way to respect people on the “same side”

lovingmyUSA on August 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Yeah, you are probably right. He seems to have only one side… his own.

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 10:22 PM

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM

WTH are you talking about…

lovingmyUSA on August 28, 2010 at 10:22 PM

GO Glenn GO!!!

Honesty goes a long way.

Speakup on August 28, 2010 at 10:23 PM

OK, I can go with that as I will just substitute Founding Fathers for God.

Tav on August 28, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Yeah, you are probably right. He seems to have only one side… his own.

sharrukin on August 28, 2010 at 10:22 PM