AFL-CIO chief in Alaska: Palin’s like a new Joe McCarthy, except also violent

posted at 9:20 pm on August 26, 2010 by Allahpundit

This is basically a sneak preview of how Murkowski will try to lure Democrats if she goes third-party, right? Palin is the devil and Joe Miller is her spawn Damien, etc. In fact, I’m surprised more Dems aren’t launching this sort of shrill attack on Sarahcuda nationwide. They’re looking for a villain and neither Bush nor John Boehner quite fits the bill of getting the lefty base sufficiently enraged to vote in the midterms. Palin does, and thanks to Miller’s upset, her profile’s never been higher. What better time for Democrats to try to capitalize on that by beating up on her to motivate liberals?

Or is that the whole point of Trumka’s address?

And down in Tyler, Texas, she’s talking about — and I quote — “union thugs.” What? Her husband’s a union man. Is she calling him a thug? Sarah Palin ought to know what union men and women are.

Oh, she goes to great pains to talk differently about unions and the working people who belong to them, knowing full well we’re one and the same.

But using the term “union thug.” That’s poisonous. There’s history behind that rhetoric. That’s how bosses and politicians in decades past justified the terrorizing of workers, the murdering of organizers…

Quite frankly, America works because lots of people contribute lots of ideas — that’s good — even when some of them are just plain wrong. But people need to come to the table in good faith. That’s not Sarah Palin. She’ll go down in history like McCarthy. Palinism will become an ugly word.

Who is this woman, anyway? What happened to her?

She has indeed taken pains to distinguish union leaders from the rank and file. In fact, what she actually said in Tyler was, “Some unions might not like it, not the union membership, but the union leaders, too many, who are thugs.” She’s made that distinction consistently, including today on Twitter and a few weeks ago on Facebook. And speaking of which, here’s her response to Trumka, just posted:

It’s kind of ironic that a union boss has the gall to accuse anyone of threatening violence. After all, we remember the violent attempts by SEIU to intimidate those who wanted to make their voices heard in last year’s town halls. And unlike Trumka, I never threatened that any effort to break a picket line would lead to violence. Come to think of it, neither did I ever hide behind the Fifth Amendment during a federal investigation about union corruption. Then again, I was just an ordinary, card-carrying union member, not one of the big shots who ended up, unfortunately, giving unions a bad name…

In the past there were many great union leaders who courageously defended the rights of workers. Unions were founded for all the right reasons! They were to give working men and women the clout to negotiate fairly with their employers and to fight for decent pay and working conditions. The unions of old would often end up fighting big government on behalf of the little guy. Today’s unions seem to be big government’s most enthusiastic supporters. It’s turned into some nonsense when union bosses back the government takeover of the car industry, and the mortgage industry, and the entire health care sector. And with the help of big government they aim to push through card check legislation that some characterize as being unfair to workers, and even un-American, because of its insistence on stripping workers of their right to privacy with a secret ballot. And that’s not just me voicing concern over card check – ask current union members how comfortable they are with what some of their leaders are saying about the legislation.

To my hardworking, patriotic brothers and sisters in the labor movement: you don’t have to put up with the scare tactics and the big government agenda of the union bosses. There is a different home for you: the commonsense conservative movement. It cares about the same things you and I care about: a government that doesn’t spend beyond its means, an economy focused on creating good jobs with good wages, and a leadership that is proud of America’s achievements and doesn’t go around apologizing to everyone for who we are.

Lots more at the link, although to experience the full irony of Trumka objecting to union leaders being described as thugs, you’ll have to take a trip down memory lane below with the National Right to Work Committee. Theirs isn’t the only example of him not “com[ing] to the table in good faith” — check out the end of this clip from Campaign 2008 in which he talks about taking America back from the “right-wing race-haters”(?) — but it’s by far the creepiest. Exit quotation: “If you strike a match and put your finger in, common sense tells you you’re going to burn your finger.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

She’s right like Tail-gunner Joe? I’m good with that comparison.

darwin-t on August 26, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I said it earlier, and I’ll say it again.

I’m a scab right now. The Union is on strike and I proudly cross that line every morning.

They ain’t coming back.

Inanemergencydial on August 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Trumka is the original union thug. Alaskans know this already.

tcn on August 26, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I’m dying to know who plays RFK in the movie.

JammieWearingFool on August 26, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Palin’s like a new Joe McCarthy

1. They both wear skirts.
2. They’re both right about the enemies within the country.

SouthernGent on August 26, 2010 at 9:27 PM

No doubt they would, if they didn’t worry that already they’d jumped the shark on this.

petefrt on August 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Old meme: Bush’s fault
New meme: Palin is Satan

Who is giving advice to the Dems, Magic 8-Ball?

fogw on August 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Yeah, there sure is. Hoffa, for example. Or the history of the ACW, Sidney Hillman and Lepke Buchalter.

ddrintn on August 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM

…and he’s just like Jimmy Hoffa. Except, still above ground…

cynccook on August 26, 2010 at 9:29 PM

his object was to force miners to pay union dues as a condition of employment

Sounds like card check to me, he was way ahead of his time. Obama must love this guy.

Tommy_G on August 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM

As a former union member and a reader of history and I hope a good listener,I think that there was a good reason for unions in our nation’s past. However,they have for the most part become powers unto themselves and have no concept of their member’s best interests. As a matter of fact, a good number of the union bureaucracy seem to think that they are better than the people they represent and are execs,deserve the perks and schedule changes, salary adjustments, etc. They think that their interests take precedence over the “company”. The arrogance and stupidity are amazing. Think NEA, SEIU, etc.

retiredeagle on August 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Joe McCarthy was right.

portlandon on August 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM

History? What’s he mean? That it’s true? must be….

ted c on August 26, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I said it earlier, and I’ll say it again.

They ain’t coming back.

Inanemergencydial on August 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM

“Inanemergencydial used to work on the docks….union’s been on strike…”

Good Solid B-Plus on August 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM

[the bulk of this post has been deleted by poster to maybe save his posting priviledges]

BLEEP! ! !

“People” like that aren’t worthy to exist on the face of the earth. Period.

’nuff said.

listens2glenn on August 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Who is giving advice to the Dems, Magic 8-Ball?

fogw on August 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

hell, magic 8 balls give better advice than this and are pretty damn close at least once…twice…three..times…ok there, now it’s right.

ted c on August 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Trumka is on Obama’s Economic Advisory Board. No wonder the economy’s in shambles.

When Trumka and UMWA President Cecil Roberts came to Bentleyville, Pennsylvania in April 1998, fifty rank-and-file union members gathered outside the hall where they spoke to protest their leaders’ policies. “Within minutes,” wrote leftwing journalist Paul Scherrer, “a group of UMWA officials and their supporters attacked the protesting miners, ripping leaflets and protest signs from their hands. Several miners were punched, knocked to the ground and kicked repeatedly. [Richard] Cicci was hit with a piece of lumber and suffered a large gash on his head.” “Richard Trumka,” reported Scherrer, “refused to answer questions about the assault.” In other words, by his silence he gave tacit assent to such violence.

On another occasion in 1993, Trumka (whose brief biographies usually mention that he was given an award by the Martin Luther King Center for Nonviolent Social Change) urged striking miners to “kick the s— out of” employees and businesses resisting UMWA demands.

In 1995 Trumka was one-third of a troika elected to head the AFL-CIO. His running mates for election were Sweeney, head of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), and Linda Chavez-Thompson, who had been Executive Vice President of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME). This threesome called itself the “New Voice,” and pledged to replace the policies of moderate AFL-CIO leaders.

He’s the guy who puked at the White House a few months ago.

JammieWearingFool on August 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM

listens2glenn;
a recent near-miss with the ban hammer? ditto

ted c on August 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM

..um, let’s see. Ad hominem seems to be all the rage these days, so let’s have at it you mentally retarded, scabby, putrid, festering bag of syphilitic afterbirth.

The War Planner on August 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Folks the 2012 campaign began the day Palin posted that famous “Death Panel” message on Facebook.

Ever since the proxies of the White House have been trying to give Palin a “THUMPIN’” (as Rahm likes to write).

I say…………(well I can’t say it would be bleeped).

PappyD61 on August 26, 2010 at 9:36 PM

One more reason for my disgust with RINO’s growing exponentially every year. The longer we tolerate them, the more damage they do to us.

petefrt on August 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Trumka is a Boy Scout and Sarah is the Spawn of Satan?

How original. As much as I despise Dems I have always held out the hope that they could crawl out of the gutters and sewers to become somewhat credible.

Cody1991 on August 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Well I can see how he would think Palin is like McCarthy what with all those people she wants to investigate. Maybe it’s all that botox she has had injected into her face in San Francisco.

Tav on August 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Pure Scum!!

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I used to be a union guy when I worked for UPS. I was a young kid and happened to work next to the “union rep” at the belt loading packages into the trucks. He was an a$$hole, on my case, “join the union” “dues this” “white collar guys that”….a miserable existence I had working next to that bag of d!cks ….

ted c on August 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM

Man I like Palin. Mucho cojones.

darwin on August 26, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Trumka should be introduced to Jimmy Hoffa.

tim c on August 26, 2010 at 9:38 PM

I was in an airport today and my son picked up a copy of 1984 , and I was struck by this passage in thinking about Palin.

The comrades have been taught that ‘Goldstein’ is the enemy of the people so his appearance on the TV is explained.

But was was strange was that although Goldstein was hated and despised by everybody, although everyday, and a thousand times a day, on platforms, on the telescreen, in newspapers, in books, his theories were refuted, smashed, ridiculed, held up to the general gaze for the pitiful rubbish that they were-in spite of all this, his influence never seemed to grow less.

You could insert Palin’s name in this to today’s world. The left is a joke, they are who they hate.

tessa on August 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Old meme: Bush’s fault
New meme: Palin is Satan

Who is giving advice to the Dems, Magic 8-Ball?

fogw on August 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

THREAD WINNER, posters move to next thread.

PappyD61 on August 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

“Inanemergencydial used to work on the docks….union’s been on strike…”

Good Solid B-Plus on August 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM

You threatening me????

j/k

I get yelled at every day by those losers. All I do is video tape them on the way in and out.

Have a nice day!

Inanemergencydial on August 26, 2010 at 9:40 PM

If he wanted a serious war, he should have started it on Twitter.

bluemarlin on August 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM

I wonder if Trumka realizes that support for Palin goes up everytime thugs like him attack her.

darwin on August 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Who is giving advice to the Dems, Magic 8-Ball?

fogw on August 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

I don’t know but it all started about the time the Mad Hatter went missing. Probably just coincidental though.

Cheshire Cat on August 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Trumka is a fat, smarmy little punk.

Jaibones on August 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM

Hoffaloni was a failed Oscar Meyer product.

Trumkaloni should be infinitely more marketable.

Inanemergencydial on August 26, 2010 at 9:41 PM

tessa on August 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Yes, and George Bushs. The daily Two Minutes Hate that the Party whipped up just propagated lies, fingered blame, and allowed the Party to escape all culpability for the miserable existence of the citizens. We are seeing it done here in just slightly different flavors. good point.

ted c on August 26, 2010 at 9:42 PM

. . . using the term “union thug”, that’s poisonous.

If the shoe fits, you sorry (MEGA-MULTIPLE EXPLETIVES DELETED)! ! !

listens2glenn on August 26, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I expect the Sarah is an extremist meme will be getting more play as we get closer to the fall midterms.

technopeasant on August 26, 2010 at 9:44 PM

*runs for nearest tree for fear of a stampede*..

Dire Straits on August 26, 2010 at 9:44 PM

April 10th, 2010 4:52 PM

Remarks by AFL-CIO President Richard L. Trumka at the Institute of Politics, Harvard Kennedy School: “Why Working People Are Angry and Why Politicians Should Listen”
=========================================================

I am going to talk tonight about anger—and specifically the anger of working people. I want to explain why working people are right to be mad about what has happened to our economy and our country, and then I want to talk about why there is a difference between anger and hatred.

There are forces in our country that are working hard to convert justifiable anger about an economy that only seems to work for a few of us into racist and homophobic hate and violence directed at our President and heroes like Congressman John Lewis.

Most of all, those forces of hate seek to divide working people – to turn our anger against each other.
==============================================

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Nice smack-back by Palin.

Her approach is perfect: appeal directly to the patriotism of the rank-and-file and get them to question union bosses — i.e. the pets of authoritarian liberal government who are their “leaders.”

Edouard on August 26, 2010 at 9:48 PM

The day I wiped my butt myself at work and had a grievance filed against me for not allowing the proper tradesman to do it I was clued into the unions.

They served their purpose years ago. Now they are about making the company the enemy. Excuse me, if the company goes under, um, you don’t have a JOB anymore.

Bikerchick on August 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Palin has big shiny brass balls.

Nobody in the GOP will say this.

faraway on August 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM

technopeasant on August 26, 2010 at 9:44 PM

To that meme, I say let them bring it. They really are out of touch with the country, the more they do things that might have used to work the better. They are wearing all their hole cards out and everythime they attack sarah she is the one left standing lately. The country has really opened its eyes now and they cannot stand in that light!

bluemarlin on August 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Ya know,I shouldn`t be stunned,nor shocked,but,good lord,
it gets worse,the deeper the connection go,the more fright
ening it gets!!

Forget goody-two shoes HilRod,this Administration will
deal with the DEVIL,and already probably has!!!!

This President is REPULSIVE,and every HOT Air commentor,
who has followed the rise of Hopey,knows,it just gets
worse by the day!!

If anyone suggests that Team Obama has AQ on their staff,
I won`t blink an eye,I would believe it!!!

DANGEROUS doesn`t even come close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Screencap image reminds me of this scene from 300.

my apologies to the memory of Leonidas….

ted c on August 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM

…and he’s just like Jimmy Hoffa. Except, still above ground…

cynccook on August 26, 2010 at 9:29

pity!

cableguy615 on August 26, 2010 at 9:55 PM

girl crush developing.

If Palin did get violent, just once, it would be stupendously awesome in a ninja barbie kind of way. I think it is genuinely hilarious how much fear she creates when she points out the nekkid emperors. She terrifies with Facebook and common sense.

Rush today said something funny about Palin detractors from the Republican Party. He said they act like they believe the media that Palin is somehow too dumb to be a leader. Rush’s response? Dumber than who??? Obama? Reid? Geithner?

LOL

ace tomato on August 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM

He’s the guy who puked at the White House a few months ago.

JammieWearingFool on August 26, 2010 at 9:35 PM

JammieWearingFool: I hope it was a Moose-Burger,haha!:)

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM

I’m not sure why he’s attacking my record when I’m not the one responsible for the policies resulting in continued mass unemployment and a weak economy (that would be the man in the large white house on Pennsylvania Avenue). Among my “crimes,” the union boss cited the fact that I sometimes write notes on my hand (guilty as charged!); that I appear on cable television every once in a while to comment on the news (it’s called the First Amendment, Rich); and that my commonsense conservatism makes him laugh. Well, I guess that’s better than the failed leftwing big government policies of “his friend” Barack Obama, which makes the rest of us cry.

She’s good.

faraway … you’re right.

darwin on August 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM

hey guys Palin is not Bush she fights back and kicks butt.

unseen on August 26, 2010 at 9:57 PM

Who is giving advice to the Dems, Magic 8-Ball?

fogw on August 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

~reply hazy, try again~

BL@KBIRD on August 26, 2010 at 9:57 PM

my apologies to the memory of Leonidas….

ted c on August 26, 2010 at 9:54 PM

ted c:Yup!:)

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Palin has big shiny brass balls.

Nobody in the GOP will say this.

faraway on August 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Nobody in the GOP will say much of anything, that is one thing that really bothers me about carrying them over the line this year. I will still do everything I can to do it though. We need to stay after them harder than we have the Democrats!

bluemarlin on August 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM

I`m going to say it,

SarahCuda needs to run in 2012,America can not
weather this Liberal Goon Operation!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 9:59 PM

OOOOOoooooOOOOOoooo. What’s with all the crying? Does “union thug” stike a nerve?

union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug union thug

bitsy on August 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM

LOL

ace tomato on August 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM

That was a great segment and hopefully a teachable moment for some on our side. You don`t have to love her but quit this “She is not a serious human being” BS!

bluemarlin on August 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM

Look for the Union Goon Label.

BDavis on August 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM

say what you want about Palin but she fights back. within hours of the Union boss’s attack on Palin she responded and slapped him upside the head. Most GOP politicians would have tried to spin or say they used the wrong word i.e thug. Palin doubled down and told the union members to overthrow their leaders.

the woman is fearless .this is what bush needed to do. You can not allow the left free shots at you. If you don’t respond the MSM will use it has a hammer. At least by responding you require the media to report your response.

If Palin didn’t go to facebook allah’s post would have only included the union attack. By responding Palin is forcing the MSM to cover her message. bush never understood that and it appears Mitt doesn’t either. they want to be “above the slime game” but it doesn’t work out like that.

Palin is correct in responding and responding quickly.

unseen on August 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Nobody in the GOP will say this.

faraway on August 26, 2010 at 9:52 PM
=============================

bluemarlin on August 26, 2010 at 9:58 PM

bluemarlin:Exactly,and well said,

2010—————————-2012

Is the Year(s) of the Republican Women!!!!!!!!!

Let the Grizzly Carnage Commence!!!

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Let the Grizzly Carnage Commence!!!

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Palin power on the move:

Less than a week after her endorsement from Sarah Palin, Jackie Walorski has released new polling information that has to have the Donnelly campaign concerned.

“A new poll released today by the American Action Forum shows the race for the Second Congressional District as a statistical dead heat. After five weeks of negative ads from Congressman Donnelly, the poll showed him with a slim 46% to 44% over Republican 2nd Congressional District Candidate Jackie Walorski.

unseen on August 26, 2010 at 10:06 PM

LOL

ace tomato on August 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM

Yeah, I heard that snippet from Limbaugh earlier. His point was that GOP voters are always b1tching and moaning that politicians always seem to be slimy “insiders” and that they want someone from “outside” to come in and make a change. But when someone like Palin comes along, too many of them are all too willing to follow the media objective to make one “embarrassed to support her” and they’ll proceed to swallow every lame-ass meme about Palin. Limbaugh was dead-on accurate in that.

ddrintn on August 26, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Ladies Rise Up. This is why you wanted the vote 90 years ago.

faraway on August 26, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Allah, are you now shamelessly setting Democratic thugs on her now that everything else has failed to rein her in? What else will you do next? Encourage people to throw fire bombs at her?

promachus on August 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Who is giving advice to the Dems, Magic 8-Ball?

fogw on August 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

fogw: Better yet,send the Dems a Ouija board,and hopefully
they all get sucked into a portal to nowhere!!
(I kid):)

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 10:10 PM

Trumka should be introduced to Jimmy Hoffa.

tim c on August 26, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Ha ha ha!

MCGIRV on August 26, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Ladies Rise Up. This is why you wanted the vote 90 years ago.

faraway on August 26, 2010 at 10:08 PM

faraway: True Dat,Release the Grizzlies!!:)

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 10:11 PM

promachus on August 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Come on now. AP’s just predicting what the libs will do.

ddrintn on August 26, 2010 at 10:12 PM

She fights the unions leaders during the day then the marxists and turncoats at night:

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is lumping President Barack Obama and Florida Gov. Charlie Crist together while criticizing their positions on abortion.

Palin said that Obama is the most pro-abortion president ever and that his health care plan will expand access to the procedure.

She also mocked Crist, who recently left the Republican Party, for still claiming to be pro-life after he vetoed a bill that would have required women to get ultrasounds before having an abortion.

unseen on August 26, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Because it’s a no win strategy. It won’t fire up the base – Palin dominates the news and is attacked by all and sundry in any case.

And despite her personal poll numbers, she’s not on the ballot, and she is unerringly on the side of the majority of Americans on Taxes, Immigration, Mosques, Energy, Anti-washington feelings, to name a few. She ain’t fringe.
In fact it may backfire, with some establishment type conservative pundits finally coming to her defense.

csThor on August 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM

ted c on August 26, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I went to work for an aircraft manufacturer right out of college. Had to join the union, had to pay the dues. The old codgers who had been with the company for 30-40 years were loafers, smoked cigs all day, took a coffee break every half hour and more often than not took long lunches. I was the hard-working stiff, ambitious and eager to learn.

When layoffs came, in the thousands mind you, the do-nothings stayed on and the young talent who carried the work load were let go. Unions made sure of that. That was my first and last taste of unions, leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth.

fogw on August 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Palin doubled down and told the union members to overthrow their leaders.

YOU GO GIRL!

listens2glenn on August 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM

What else will you do next? Encourage people to throw fire bombs at her?

promachus on August 26, 2010 at 10:09 PM

promachus: And how is Allah gonna do that,tie a note to
his kittys,with a miniture Air/Fuel Cat Devise,
following a trail of cat-nip to Alaska with a
cell-phone detonator!!

Linky please!!

Sorry AP,for my mind-bender!!

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 10:16 PM

But was was strange was that although Goldstein was hated and despised by everybody, although everyday, and a thousand times a day, on platforms, on the telescreen, in newspapers, in books, his theories were refuted refuiated, smashed, ridiculed, held up to the general gaze for the pitiful rubbish that they were-in spite of all this, his influence never seemed to grow less.

tessa on August 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

This really does sound like it’s about Sarah.

wi farmgirl on August 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Oh my, what if she let’s the AARP members in on the secret of their bosses.

faraway on August 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I said it earlier, and I’ll say it again.

They ain’t coming back.

Inanemergencydial on August 26, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Good for you!
I’m trying to get a job at one of the local groceries-and they’re all part of UFCW.
Since Illinois isn’t a ‘right to work’ state if I get hired joining the union will be a condition of employment.
Well they can make me join-but they won’t make me cooperate!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

csThor on August 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM

the onlt thing this type of attack would do since Palin is the person she is would allow Palin to respond to those attacks and get her message out to a wider audience.

the left was able to do this to Bush because he didn’t want to get down in the mud pit and fight it out. Palin actually looks forward to those mudbaths. Maybe its good for her skin. /s

unseen on August 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Palin for the win. Let’s see how the AFL-CIO rank and file vote in November. I’ll bet she turns a pretty good percent to vote for Republicans. Palin Democrats!

huckleberryfriend on August 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Oh my, what if she let’s the AARP members in on the secret of their bosses.

faraway on August 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

She did. remember “death panels”

unseen on August 26, 2010 at 10:19 PM

The left is a joke, they are who they hate.

tessa on August 26, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I’d alter that just a little: they are HATE. Period.

ddrintn on August 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Btw,I once belonged to the Teamster Union,and my dues,
were heading over to America,for politics,ya,I was real
F`n happy about that!!

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM

bitsy on August 26, 2010 at 10:01 PM

To infinity, and beyond . . .

listens2glenn on August 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM

…and he’s just like Jimmy Hoffa. Except, still above ground…

cynccook on August 26, 2010 at 9:29

Hoffa’s daughter-Barbara something married name-is(or was when I lived there) a republican judge in Missouri.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM

2010—————————-2012

Is the Year(s) of the Republican Women!!!!!!!!!

Let the Grizzly Carnage Commence!!!

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Hey, I agree with you there! The current crop of GOP men will not fight for us, or very few seem to have a pair anyway. I think the conservative women will save us and hopefully show our politician men they still have a set. Maybe the new ones that come into office will come intact and pass the SPCA stop over before adoption.

Glad I never made that trip, oops honey, I thought you were out of the room!

bluemarlin on August 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM

the lady is a walking chuck norris action figure.

unseen on August 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM

unseen on August 26, 2010 at 10:06 PM

unseen: Sounds good,it seems no matter what the Dems throw
out,its coming back at them 10 fold,I hope Walorski
wins,thanks for the link!:)

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I think the name Trumka is a shorten form of the Polish word trumienka, which means a small coffin.

year_of_the_dingo on August 26, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Won’t work. What effective Republican hasn’t been called “worse than McCarthy”? I’m no fan of McCarthy, but so many good Republicans have been called McCarthyites it’s become a badge of honor. Also, private-sector union membership is around 8%, I believe. Pfffft.

ddrintn on August 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM

Joe miller:

Frankly we’re looking right now to make sure . . . that the votes are accounted for fairly without any type of game play,” he said. “[It] concerns us any time that somebody lawyers up and, you know, tries to pull an Al Franken if you will.”

unseen on August 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Hey, I agree with you there! The current crop of GOP men will not fight for us,

Glad I never made that trip, oops honey, I thought you were out of the room!

bluemarlin on August 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM

bluemarlin:I was boss,or at least in my mind,during dating,
but,once I said I DO,she now runs the show,kidd
ing a bit there,but this generation is a bit diff
erent,its like,women are just waiting to explode,
and take charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Like Limbaugh says, they’ll always tell you who and what they fear.

ddrintn on August 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Btw,I once belonged to the Teamster Union,and my dues,
were heading over to America,for politics,ya,I was real
F`n happy about that!!

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM

I was in the exact same boat back in the day.

heshtesh on August 26, 2010 at 10:31 PM

the lady is a walking chuck norris action figure.

unseen on August 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM

Sarah Palin

Chuck Norris

bluemarlin on August 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Good for you!
Well they can make me join-but they won’t make me cooperate!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 26, 2010 at 10:17 PM

I was in that union 15 years ago. What a bunch of crap that was… Do what you got to do to get a paycheck…

If anything you can enjoy your subversiveness. :P

Inanemergencydial on August 26, 2010 at 10:35 PM

the lady is a walking chuck norris action figure.

unseen on August 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM
Sarah Palin Chuck Norrisfloats like butterfly and stings like a Tomahawk missile, At mach 3, in the face!

bluemarlin on August 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM

Oops.

bluemarlin on August 26, 2010 at 10:36 PM

bluemarlin:I was boss,or at least in my mind,during dating,
but,once I said I DO,she now runs the show,kidd
ing a bit there,but this generation is a bit diff
erent,its like,women are just waiting to explode,
and take charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

canopfor on August 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM

Yes I know what you mean, I was kidding as well (a bit :). My wife is 6 years younger than I am and she is a hard charging fire breather and I like that. We definitely have some very good discussions, cough , cough! Best thing I ever did, really.

bluemarlin on August 26, 2010 at 10:39 PM

McCarthy is one of the most admirable Americans of all time. He was vindicated with the release of the Venona files. It is claimed that he said he had a list of 200-some communists working within our government. Guess how many names were in those files? 200+. McCarthy made his list using information previous Democrat administrations had compiled.

Narutoboy on August 26, 2010 at 10:40 PM

That would work in Manhattan; I don’t think it would work in Alaska.

ddrintn on August 26, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Palin Democrats!

huckleberryfriend on August 26, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Thank God for those of you with more discipline than I, whose posts are lifting my spirits somewhat.

After watching that video, I wanted to go grab my [REDACTED], and go [____________REDACTED_____________].

Union Boss Thuggery (YES, I SAID THUGGERY!) is the Left’s means of justifying (you could also use the word “laundering”) their use of physical, violent force to impose their political agenda.

listens2glenn on August 26, 2010 at 10:47 PM

To infinity, and beyond . . .

listens2glenn on August 26, 2010 at 10:21 PM

Maybe it really is that easy. What are they going to do, call me racist? Boo fickin’ hoo.

bitsy on August 26, 2010 at 10:48 PM