Alan Grayson to Ground Zero mosque opponents: Hey, Bush was the one who let 9/11 happen

posted at 12:33 pm on August 20, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Mark Finkelstein, it pains me to say it but I think Congress’s trolliest troll is getting a bad rap here. The Screw Loose Change guys read this as evidence of Trutherism, that Grayson’s saying Bush let the attack happen on purpose to advance the secret neoKKKon war agenda or whatever. What he’s actually doing, I think, is accusing Bush of negligence in having not paid more attention to the famous President’s Daily Brief on August 6, 2001 about Bin Laden’s intentions. Big difference between those two positions, of course, as the “on purpose” crowd means to accuse Bush of being a willing accomplice in the attack. But go figure that people might not be willing to give Grayson the benefit of the doubt after the insane rhetorical bombthrowing he’s engaged in this year to raise his media profile.

Anyway, there are two things I like about this clip. One: It’s a perfect peg to remind people who are fretting over the stupid “Obama is a Muslim” polls that Trutherism polled pretty darned well back in the day too. And two: The irony of Grayson dumping on Bush this way when Democrats are desperate to get Dubya to weigh in on their side on the issue du jour is simply too golden to be ignored. My suggested headline for if/when Bush grants their wish: “Guy who let 9/11 happen sides with mosque supporters.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’m really gonna enjoy watching this jerk self-destruct.

mojo on August 20, 2010 at 2:44 PM

How did landing gear crash through the GZ Mosque site? Bush, you genius.

faraway on August 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM

I posted this on a couple of the other GZM threads, but some may have missed it.

The lower red crosshatched area that says “Landing Gear” is where they want to build it. Too close for me, just fine for Shipley.

Del Dolemonte on August 20, 2010 at 2:45 PM

It amazes me how so many on our side seem to simply believe that there really is no such thing as a liberal. He was elected. Obama was elected. There is a large segment of this population that zealously agrees with him. In different times they would have zero problem with lining your family up against a wall and dispatching them for the good of the state.

You guys that are simply scoffing at him or calling him stupid must be really new to politics. He is in our government and has a huge wackjob following so to simply dismiss him is to relegate yourself to a typical mindless, “head-in-the-sand” GOP’r.

ClassicCon on August 20, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I so hope this idiot loses in November. He is a disgrace.

Terrye on August 20, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Disgraceful Idiot, Terrye.

Ugly on August 20, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Obama while campaining sold himself as a moderate except for his slip ups such as his statement about spreading the wealth around. He has kept very few of his campaign promises. In other words, people were fooled by Obama, especially young people/independents and the smart ones are not happy about it.

SGinNC on August 20, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Well that should put the last nail in this idiot,s coffin.

royzer on August 20, 2010 at 4:10 PM

Fire Alan Grayson. Support Patricia Sullivan. Save America.

Ronnie on August 20, 2010 at 4:13 PM

It’s hard to believe that some poeple somwhere actually elected this guy to public office. It’s a strange, strange world.

jeanie on August 20, 2010 at 4:16 PM

One word for this guy: unhinged.

UltimateBob on August 20, 2010 at 4:16 PM

ClassicCon on August 20, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Don’t forget that one of the reasons he was elected was because 33% of Americans of voting age refused to go the the polls that year.

He also got 70% of the high school dropout vote-no Presidential candidate had ever gotten that high a percentage before (source: MSNBC exit polls)

Del Dolemonte on August 20, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Wonder why America KNOWS Barry’s Muslim.

I make the same mistake when I talk about my religion!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaha

roflmao

donabernathy on August 20, 2010 at 4:36 PM

yesterday I was talking with my Iman… opps I mean my priest

roflmmfao

donabernathy on August 20, 2010 at 4:38 PM

There’s a world of difference between Trutherism and believing that Obama is a Muslim. The former would necessarily entail a vast conspiracy, while the latter is simply a matter of what one man, whom we know from innumerable instances to be extremely dishonest, believes. Early on, Obama raised extreme suspicion about his faith when he claimed not to know about Rev. Wright’s extreme views after sitting in his church for 20 years.Then there was his September 2008 reference to “my Muslim faith” on This Week with George Stephanopoulis. Not conclusive of itself, I will concede, but certainly worthy of doubt when viewed in context with the overall dishonesty Obama has shown again and again.

I agree that it is a dead-end issue, though, and one that puts Obama skeptics into the same category as conspiracy theorists in some analyses. Disappointing that Allahpundit is taking that view, though.

Sowell Disciple on August 20, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Will no one rid us of this turbulent congressidiot?

quikstrike98 on August 20, 2010 at 12:38 PM

St. Alangrayson. Not. Likely. LoL

annoyinglittletwerp on August 20, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I there a more despicable wretch of a human being in politics than this man?

hawkdriver on August 20, 2010 at 5:53 PM

I realize that people in Florida are old, and maybe some are suffering from Alzheimers and Dimentia. That can be the only excuse for them to elect a mental patient to the House of Representatives. Seriously, this man is a mental midget and needs medication.

afotia on August 20, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Grayson’s not a mental midget. He’s just a garden variety a$$hole that gets press time.

Wind Rider on August 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM

0/10

See me after class, Grayson.

ZK on August 20, 2010 at 6:58 PM

just like the “birther” defense the Mainstream “conservative blogs can only call those who think Obama is a Muslim stupid because that is the only defense they have. lord knows that Allah and others don’t want to be blackballed and have their Republican country club membership revoked. Think of all the perks that would be lost… and social status. LOL

Watching_Cloward-Piven on August 20, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Flordia, do America a favor and fire this so called man.

mmcnamer1 on August 20, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Gee, I guess that this idot has forgot that Bill Clinton, working on more information, had Osama in his sights and did not kill him. So, it’s now Bushes fault. I’m sure he believes that Bush is responsible for Custer’s last stand, the sinking of the Maine….Well just about anything.

Wills on August 20, 2010 at 8:54 PM

This guy must be farther down in the polls than Blanch Lincoln is.

And as of today, she is 38 points short of re-election.

Freddy on August 20, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Anybody who voted for this clown will go to hell.

proconstitution on August 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM

Anybody who voted for this clown will go to hell.

proconstitution on August 20, 2010 at 9:50 PM

So did Jesus come down and personally reveal this to you?
*eye roll*

annoyinglittletwerp on August 20, 2010 at 9:52 PM

AP, sometimes I’m struck by your attitude. Is this a game for you, or do you understand what’s at stake here? How old are you? Have you been an adult for at least several decades? Have you gained any perspective?

disa on August 21, 2010 at 4:50 AM

Alan Grayson makes me want to believe in karma.

And also that he’s a circus performer and has a son named Dick.

Cylor on August 21, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Um, libtards have been saying Bush LET 9/11 since 9/12. This is nothing new.

Speedwagon82 on August 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM

When I watch Grayson I become more convinced that this 2 years as a congressman was to make himself the Sarah Palin of the far-left. If you read HuffPo they think the guy is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Expect him to just get more outrageous because he only has a couple months to raise the demand for his “services” writing and speaking to the hard left after Novemeber. This guy is cashing in with this left wing red meat. Which maybe is the scummiest part of it all.

Conan on August 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM

The Young Turks guy that is interviewing him(filling in for Sgt. Schultz) is a bigger liar than Schultz and Olbergoebbels combined. He has a bright future at MSLSD….

Grayson has a LOT of psychological problems. I hope he gets reelected as he is another gift that keeps on giving. He makes Howard Dean look normal, and that’s saying a lot….

adamsmith on August 21, 2010 at 12:09 PM

Grayson definitly ain`t Spock, but he has the eyebrow. Too bad he is so illogical. An inferior form of carbon-based life-form.

Sherman1864 on August 21, 2010 at 6:39 PM