Pew poll: 18% think Obama is a Muslim

posted at 9:06 pm on August 19, 2010 by Allahpundit

My first reaction whenever this question is polled is commiseration with The One, because, believe it or not, there is something worse election-wise for an American politician to be than Muslim. Anyway, the raw data:

It’s tempting to blame the change on the uproar over the Ground Zero mosque, but the poll was concluded on August 5 and that story didn’t break big until Obama weighed in on it last week, on August 13. DrewM is surely right that the uptick here is due in part to an unpopular president being lumped in with an unpopular group, but I think it’s broader than that. Note that the change in the number of those who no longer say O is a Christian is twice as large as the number who insist he’s a Muslim; that’s evidence, I think, of Americans feeling so alienated by his policies that they’ve concluded he must be from a different planet culturally — if not Muslim, then at least certainly not Christian. In other words, whatever group he’s in, it ain’t theirs. (Pew missed a big opportunity here in not polling the atheism question, as I bet you’d see an uptick in that too.) As for why he’s so often accused of being Muslim, the default lefty explanation is of course racism but I think it’s more a combination of his middle name, his background growing up in Indonesia, and his attempt to win over Muslim public opinion with his Cairo speech last year. And all of that gets compounded by soundbites that are taken out of context or cleverly edited to make it sound like he’s making admissions about his “true faith.” Just last week a commenter e-mailed claiming that Obama had once told Stephanopoulos that he was a Muslim and I had to send him the link to this post from two years ago to set him right.

It’s all very lame and obnoxious, especially given the testimony from pastors that Obama takes his Christian faith seriously, but much like the Birther thing, there’s virtually nothing you can say to convince someone who’s sure that O is what he thinks he is. I recommend re-reading Karl’s post from earlier this month on the phenomenon of polling Birthers, as it holds plenty of applicable wisdom in this case too. Essentially, when polling people who dislike candidate X, the specifics of the questions are almost irrelevant. As long as they’re negatively inclined — e.g., “Is Obama a werewolf?” — you’ll get a certain core percentage willing to say yes. The news in this poll is that as much as 18 percent think being a Muslim is inherently negative. But as I said above, that’s also true (if not more true) of atheism. Via Mediaite, here’s KP on the issue:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

The man doesn’t do much to show otherwise. He’s an atheist.

teacherman on August 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM

My Poll: 72% of my crowd says Obama is a Muslim!

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Whenever I and my Blackberry are gathered…

unclesmrgol on August 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Obama is none of the above. He worships government.

amerpundit on August 19, 2010 at 9:10 PM

My Poll: 72% of my crowd says Obama is a Muslim!

Yeah, not something to trumpet. I’ll bet half of them think he’s somehow an atheist too.

Allahpundit on August 19, 2010 at 9:10 PM

If Obama were a secret Muslim what would he be doing differently from what he has been doing so far? I can’t think of anything.

Really Right on August 19, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Barry worships himself…but he IS a Muslim by birth, and sides with Muslim causes nearly 100% of the time.

whether he is a PRACTISING Muslim or not is not the issue.

His real problem is that he is anti-American. ok, that’s OUR problem too.

Justrand on August 19, 2010 at 9:12 PM

“Is Obama a werewolf?”

I don’t know. Is he?

GrannyDee on August 19, 2010 at 9:12 PM

If I remember correctly this “Obama is a Muslim” meme came out of the Hillary campaign first. They pushed the madrassa story and probably the picture of Obama in a Turban.

bluemarlin on August 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM

That’s the point Rush was making today. For him, the amazing thing about this poll is not the Muslim thing, but the frightening fact that the American people are increasingly unsure who exactly this President is, even after all this time. It really is amazing. I think that goes along with your alienation point.

Weight of Glory on August 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM

I don’t care if he’s muslim/Christian/Zoroastroist/atheist/Buddhist/Gaian.

I do care that it’s obvious he hates America.

SouthernGent on August 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Allah, in fairness, 100% of MUSLIMS say Obama is a Muslim

His daddy was one, he was raised as one in Indonesia… In their eyes he’s either an apostate (not likely considering his total absence of church activities) or a true Muslim practicing taqqiya

picklesgap on August 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Why would this be stupid?

His father was muslim which by default makes Obama a muslim, he has stated “his muslim faith” in an interview, he went to muslim schools growing up, he has told people overseas he is muslim and constantly sides with muslims while giving Israel the bird.

Well duh.

If it walks like a duck…

gdonovan on August 19, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Commies are famously athiest while at the same time athiests are not always commies.

darwin-t on August 19, 2010 at 9:14 PM

He’s obviously not a Muslim, but this Jew would feel more comfortable if he acted a little more like a Christian than he does.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on August 19, 2010 at 9:14 PM

I don’t even understand how this becomes a question on a poll. I assume it was originally asked because of his unusual name but to see it asked again is very odd to me.

Cindy Munford on August 19, 2010 at 9:14 PM

I’m sure this has nothing to do with it. Luckily Georgie S was there to correct him with lightening speed.

Monica on August 19, 2010 at 9:14 PM

Allahpundit on August 19, 2010 at 9:10 PM

They may, but either way it proves more than anything else that there is a huge distrust. You are right, no one will convince people that Obama is what he says he is, but Obama himself. And he’s not doing it!

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:14 PM

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM

You have a great website, but I agree with Allah, that’s something I wouldn’t brag about. It makes your website look like its full cranks, and I’m not a crank.

Lance Murdock on August 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Whenever I and my Blackberry are gathered…

unclesmrgol on August 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Welcome back sir!

rukiddingme on August 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

It’s just another way of saying he’s not any kind of American I ever meet.

Fred 2 on August 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

I don’t care if he is Muslim, Christian or Judaism (that one is a stretch), he has shown himself not to be what he claimed to be. He’s a Marxist; religion not necessary.

Electrongod on August 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

The Race Card is not working and they keep doubling down.

faraway on August 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Obama is ambiguous.

DrStock on August 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM

“Is Obama a werewolf?”

I don’t know. Is he?

GrannyDee on August 19, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Let’s see, is it wooden bullets and holy water, or silver bullets and garlic….?

cthulhu on August 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM

He’s an opportunist. Covers everything.

OldEnglish on August 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM

What’s wrong with the other 82%?

rrpjr on August 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Uh-huh… MORE people thought Bush intentionally planned 9/11…

Skywise on August 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Lance Murdock on August 19, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Nah, I’ve got good people. Being that I think he’s a Muslim, I tend to agree relate to the results.

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

He’s obviously not a Muslim

The evidence from Obamas own lips is against your statement.

gdonovan on August 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

another great piece of evidence that would’ve been helpful like >2yrs ago….

thanks MSM

ted c on August 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

The Race Card is not working and they keep doubling down.

faraway on August 19, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Soros gave him the night off?

Monica on August 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Perhaps that is why Allahpundit isn’t doing his own poll on the issue. Perhaps he would end up with the same results?

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:18 PM

Aw. Of course that’s your first reaction, because you’re a David Brock wannabe. I didn’t say David Brooks. I said David Brock. Look it up.

Perhaps you should revisit his pre-election interview with George Stephanopolous. “…my Muslim faith.” Whoops. How many Christians slip up and say, “my Muslim faith….I—I mean my Christian faith.” You’re a RINO punk, AP. Sorry, but I know controlled opposition when I see it.

shawk on August 19, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Pat Caddell is speaking to this now on Hannity.

SouthernGent on August 19, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Obama has been a self-professed Christian for over twenty years. He has never publicly repudiated Christianity as a matter of record, let alone publicly embraced Islam as a matter of faith. By the criterion upheld by the teachings of Islam, he is an infidel. A very accommodating one, to be sure, but an infidel, nonetheless.

manwithblackhat on August 19, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Whether he’s a Muslim or not doesn’t matter, what matter is he puts bending over to the Muslim world ahead of the United States of America.

oilsoc
obama is a lying sack of crap

deadenders on August 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I remember the election,it was a media blackout,
on the mere mention of Muslim and Hopey!!
========================================================

Obama Admits He Is A Muslim

canopfor on August 19, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I don’t know how you can call the people who think Obama is Muslim stupid. His middle name is Hussein. His father was Muslim and he went to a Muslim school when he was a young child. Believe it or not, many many people don’t have the time it takes to read every comment Barack’s Christian advisors/preachers have to say. Actually, I’m surprised the number isn’t higher and it’s not because people are stupid. If the guys middle name is Hussein, I’d assume he were Muslim too especially if I didn’t care one way or another-and most Americans don’t.

kit9 on August 19, 2010 at 9:21 PM

On the other hand, if his father was a Muslim, and he was raised that way at one point, he would be an apostate.

Neither bodes well for him by the standards of Islam.

manwithblackhat on August 19, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on August 19, 2010 at 9:14 PM

True, but then we can also look at Jimmah and he is a super duper Christian.

G-d knows I’m in the minority here at Hot Air but I feel we should leave people’s religious beliefs alone. The Gipper wasn’t super religious as far as I know.

Before I get all the backlash for my statement, I’m not out to convert anyone to this idea, it’s just my two cents.

Lance Murdock on August 19, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Consistently lying and consistently bearing false witness against others is not taking the Christian faith seriously. While all Christians sin they are called not to make a habit of repeating the same sin with no apparent repentance.

chemman on August 19, 2010 at 9:21 PM

From the obamanation’s actions, we know he’s not what he claims to be…

Gohawgs on August 19, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Allah I missed this on the first read

As a Christian, this is kinda insulting. Jeremiah Wright is the #1 reason my southern dem friends chose Hillary over Obama

NO MAN who listens to wright for 20years, and had hamas fundraisers in their bulletin and racial epithets for 20years is living the message of Jesus Christ

Obama “might” believe it, but he did no favors for two decades. Hearing damnation oculus country and the Lords name in vain usually doesnt make folks think “that preacher should be my book’s title, and he should baptize my daughters!!”

Condescending– no offense I’m sure — but it’s no slam dunk that he “REALLY” believes it. (I don’t CARE if he’s atheist, just saying, just because miniWrights say so..)

picklesgap on August 19, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Soros gave him the night off?

Monica on August 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Ed gave him the boot!

bluemarlin on August 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM

The muslim thing fits with the gay thing cause mohammedians only call those on the receiving end gay.

Obama is definitely, right now…on the giving end.

Inanemergencydial on August 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM

On February 27, 2007, Barack Obama was interviewed by The New York Times, in which he said the Muslim call to prayer is “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth.” He then recited it “with a first-class [Arabic] accent,” according to The Times.

Just sayin’

jazzmo on August 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Geez, what an embarassment.

And some of the comments here are, sorry to be blunt, twice as embarassing.

Good grief folks, there was a big story this weekend in the NY Times about how Obama is secretly increasing our attacks against the radical Muslims outside of Afghanistan and Iraq.

For a supposed radical Muslim, he sure does like to kill the Islamists.

SteveMG on August 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM

“Is Obama a werewolf?”

What a ridiculous analogy to show how “unserious” the possibility must be that he’s Muslim like many of his family mem-

Um, like others who have “Hussein” in their na-

Er, who’ve described the beauty of the call to praye-

Nevermind.

For the record, I think he’s a modernist amalgamation of his atheist, Islamic and Christian influences, viewing “spirituality” as accessible through a variety of religious & philosophical approaches (like many others think.

Dunno for sure, though.

cs89 on August 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Eh.

Anyway, you need to post more Mark Levine, I need my daily fix.

Lance Murdock on August 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM

He’s a secular humanist. He worships himself and govt. and believes he is smarter than everyone BECAUSE he doesn’t have a strong religious tie. He doesn’t have to “cling to religion”. That would be too “common” and he truly doesn’t believe he is common.

JAM on August 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Monica

EXACTLY. Even The One wasn’t able to control himself, it took a MSM sycophant to correct him. Everything about this guy is complete fabrication.

Sir Loin on August 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM

My parents think he’s a Muslim, my friends who voted for him insist it doesn’t matter, while my atheist friends and I all think he’s an atheist – takes one to know one, and politics aside, that’s where I’d put money. Frankly, I don’t think metaphysics matter to him – a good old softy agnostic, perhaps. No matter, his religious beliefs are the least of his problematic presidency right now.

/damn right-wing atheists like me to hell, please

elcapt on August 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Uh why do you think he’s a Muslim? He’s never done anything that would make me think he’s a Muslim.

terryannonline on August 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

tomorrow’s poll will show that 19% think he’s a vampire…

unactionable intelligence.

ted c on August 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Ed gave him the boot!

bluemarlin on August 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Really?! I missed it- it must have been pretty bad in light of his general assholish behavior that was tolerated for so long.

Monica on August 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

He’s so serious, he prays 5 times a day, in the east room of the white house.

What?

lorien1973 on August 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Damned, the posts here read like a rightwing version of the Democratic Underground.

This is pretty appalling.

AP, you reading this nonsense?

SteveMG on August 19, 2010 at 9:26 PM

KP is a race card playing empty headed twit.

Blarg the Destroyer on August 19, 2010 at 9:26 PM

It’s because Obama doesn’t like being considered a Muslim that we have to think he is!

RedRedRice on August 19, 2010 at 9:27 PM

This is a diversionary tactic by a Leftist pollster to change the conversation away from Obama’s 41 job approval with Gallup.

To be honest, I don’t think Obama is either a Muslim or Christian. Instead he is an amoral secular humanist who has no god except Alinsky or Karl Marx.

How soon we forget Marx’s command to his readers that “religion is the opiate of the masses”.

technopeasant on August 19, 2010 at 9:27 PM

The Christian Pastors bit,reminds me when Bill Clinton
was being counciled by Ministers for his sexual addiction!!

Umm ya,right!!

canopfor on August 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM

For a supposed radical Muslim, he sure does like to kill the Islamists.

SteveMG on August 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM

So does the Taliban.

sharrukin on August 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM

tomorrow’s poll will show that 19% think he’s a vampire…

unactionable intelligence.

ted c on August 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Well he is sucking the life out of the economy and he sucks in general so I’d buy the vampire theory.

Monica on August 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Geez, what an embarassment.
And some of the comments here are, sorry to be blunt, twice as embarassing.
For a supposed radical Muslim, he sure does like to kill the Islamists.
SteveMG on August 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Who said he was an IslamIST?

Seriously

I’m Christian but I reject westboro

picklesgap on August 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM

terryannonline on August 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

No, nothing at all. LOL!

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM

AP:It’s all very lame and obnoxious, especially given the testimony from pastors that Obama

Hold on a second AP now you have gone to far. Swallowing that Obama is a heavy-duty Christian because his Pastors say so? Geez why don’t you just ask Michelle if he is.

He is an opportunist and he either was into that Liberation theology or he was daydreaming about anything but Christ for 20 years listening to Wright.

Sorry. No Sale on the devout Christian who golfs every Sunday and doesn’t even look for a church or speak of it.

Conan on August 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM

So does the Taliban.

sharrukin on August 19, 2010 at 9:28 PM

ZING!

Monica on August 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM

No, nothing at all. LOL!

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM

No I’m serious. What has he said or done that makes you think he’s a Muslim?

terryannonline on August 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Personally, I think his religion is arrogant jackass.

Purple Fury on August 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Right now I’m more concerned that he’s a Socialist/Marxist.

gophergirl on August 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Anyway, you need to post more Mark Levine, I need my daily fix.

Lance Murdock on August 19, 2010 at 9:23 PM

It’s Levin.

This all just shows that with a number that high, Obama is not doing something right. I guess sitting in that church that he did for twenty years and not really hearing the “sermon” might have something to do with it.

Also, he has been to church like two times since he has been in office. The excuse is ludicrous. It’s okay to wreak havoc on the 2nd largest city in the country, but he does not want to inconvenience any church goers. Right.

And George Stephanopolis had to correct him when he said “…..my muslim faith..”.

So yeah, he is definitely not a muslim but he sure is guilty for making us all guess about his history since he blurs out dates on his passport and does not release college transcripts or his medical history.

carbon_footprint on August 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Rush laid it out very well today…obvious why the casual observer would suspect it…only the foolish and non observant would dismiss this out of hand

winston on August 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I can’t believe how successful Obama has been in creating a wall of confusion around his background.

Nation of Islam is not the same thing as Islam. It’s much, much worse.

logis on August 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM

A pastor who extols his “Christianity” is the execrable liberation theologist Jim Wallis, whose commencement address to Stanford U in 2004 was titled…ta da…”We are the one’s we’ve been waiting for”.

Buy Danish on August 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM

I don’t care what faith he alleges to profess.

He’s Anti American. He has earned this title through his deeds and actions, and through measurable results.

Key West Reader on August 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM

terryannonline on August 19, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Hussein

Obama

Bin Laden

I don’t know ?

cableguy615 on August 19, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Werewolf, vampire, Muslim…I don’t care, I just wish he was not the President!

HellCat on August 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM

No I’m serious. What has he said or done that makes you think he’s a Muslim?

terryannonline on August 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM

C’mon, Terry!

He was born in Indonesia and his middle name is Hussein!

Open and shut case!

/s

BallisticBob on August 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Conan on August 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM

You can’t expect a non-Christian to go past what he says, pretty much. I know he’s not a Christian by his actions, but I look at them in a way that say an atheist wouldn’t. I look for evidence based on scripture, and I just don’t see it. But AP wouldn’t likely look at it that way.

So, I don’t blame AP for taking his word for it.

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM

Exactly the reaction that this poll is trying to elicit.

RedRedRice on August 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM

There are a lot of people who grew up Catholic in this country who say they “are no longer Catholic!” but — when pressed — will admit a reverence for the faith, be it art, culture, law, legacy, or some nebulous metric.

This is how I feel about Obama and his Muslim upbringing. You never lose it, and — when pressed — you have a respect and understanding of it that never goes away, no matter how much you publicly denounce it.

It’s what you know. Nurture v. Nature.

After all, I once did the whole “I am no longer a Catholic! F*** THE PATRIARCHY!” phase, too. And now? I attend mass weekly.

People are right to posit Muslim attributes onto Obama, even if a direct declaration of faith is incorrect. You never lose what you learned so intimately in your childhood years.

lansing quaker on August 19, 2010 at 9:34 PM

About the only thing I DO like about Obama is that he’s an apostate … and that he sent more troops to Afghanistan to kill ismaic terrorists.

Tony737 on August 19, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Who said he was an IslamIST?

Seriously

I’m Christian but I reject westboro

I was going to reply but I’ll hold my thoughts.

The posters here attacking him as socialist/atheist/Marxist/traitor and other names are, in my view, just not making sense.

I’ll just move on.

SteveMG on August 19, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Just thought I would liven things up with some humor if I may:President Obama got off the helicopter in front of the White House, carrying a baby piglet under each arm.

The squared away Marine guard snaps to attention, salutes and says: “Nice pigs, sir.”

The President replies: “These are not pigs… these are authentic Arkansas Razorback Hogs. I got one for Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and I got one for Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi.”

The squared away Marine again snaps to attention, salutes and says, “Excellent trade, sir.”

Dire Straits on August 19, 2010 at 9:35 PM

No I’m serious. What has he said or done that makes you think he’s a Muslim?

terryannonline on August 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Maybe I’ll write a post about it tonight. It’s too much to do here right now.

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:35 PM

So, I don’t blame AP for taking his word for it.

therightscoop on August 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I think when it comes beliefs you have to take people at their word….unless their deeds say otherwise. Obama has not said or done anything that would lead to believe he’s a Muslim.

terryannonline on August 19, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I think you omitted the re-focus of NASA’s meeting, his shabby treatment of Israel, his wishy-washy response to the flotilla, his shabby treatment of our closest Western ally, Great Britain, and [fill in the blank].

In the end, I don’t know about the Muslim thing, but he surely strikes me as anti-American to me–and there’s one group in the world that consistently takes that position.

This is horsesh*t. Obama attended Wright’s church–supposedly regularly, at first, then sparingly, when the Wright tapes made their rounds–and he’d have us believe that he didn’t know damn well what was going on in his own church. The greatest change in these poll numbers is the number of those who believe he’s a Christian. So many people gave Obama a pass on Wright because they wanted to say that they voted for the first black president. Now that we know he a useless affirmative-action hire, many of the benefit-of-the-doubters have probably decided that they don’t know what Obama is given that he attended that crazy church for 20 years.

You can scream at me 24 hours a day, seven days a week that Wright’s church was a Christian church, and I’ll respond–gimme a break. And, in the end, I’ve always believed that Obama is the height of cowardice for not “speaking truth to power” to Wright by telling him to take his crazy grievance-mongering and shove it. Obama didn’t do so because he knew that it would hurt him politically. Well, I’m sorry, but character depends on how you act when you have something to lose.

Obama is nothing but a religious opportunist…and a sh*tty president.

BuckeyeSam on August 19, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I don’t need to take their word on his faith when Obama himself said – less than two years ago – that he thinks there are a lot of paths leading to the same place, that he doesn’t necessarily believe in heaven or hell, that sin is “Being out of alignment with my values.” and being aligned spiritually is “It’s when I’m being true to myself.” Whatever that is, it’s not orthodox Christianity.

Laura Curtis on August 19, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I was going to reply but I’ll hold my thoughts.

I’ll just move on.

SteveMG on August 19, 2010 at 9:35 PM

You don’t think he’s a socialist?

Come on!

gophergirl on August 19, 2010 at 9:36 PM

And hey, what is this? Well it’s the New York Times in May of 2008.

President Apostate?

So this may also have a bit to do with the high number of confused.

carbon_footprint on August 19, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Obama is none of the above. He worships government.

amerpundit on August 19, 2010 at 9:10 PM

No, he worships himself, like every other narcissist in the world.

ButterflyDragon on August 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM

No I’m serious. What has he said or done that makes you think he’s a Muslim?

terryannonline on August 19, 2010 at 9:30 PM

He went to a Catholic school, Fransiskus Strada Asisia and was enrolled on the registration form as a Muslim.

He was a Muslim.

The only question is if he still is.

sharrukin on August 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM

gophergirl on August 19, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Told you Farve was coming back..:)

Dire Straits on August 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Yeah, it was pretty obvious back in 2008. Obama pays homage to his fellow Americans.

Listen and watch closely.

Key West Reader on August 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM

In the larger scheme of things over a billion Muslims consider him a Muslim, albeit an apostate who can be killed without penalty by any practicing Sunni Muslim.

I wonder what the Wahabbist Saudis really think when they meet with him? Whatever, Barry had better keep deep bowing just to be safe!

patrick neid on August 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Was Obama ever baptized? Just curious, because they said Rev. Wright baptized their daughters.

txmomof6 on August 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM

…this just goes to show that at any given point your average WalMart shopper is a blooming idiot. There’s your answer. 20-25% of society is the +/- idiot factor that the rest of us have to account for..the amount of Americans that skew polls one way or another. The idiots. The mouth breathers who are too busy watching “Dancing with the Stars” or E! Hollywood News than to be bothered with what’s going on in the world around them.

As educated conservatives, we are dealing with AT BEST being 45-55% of the population. Then add the 20-30% who are Democrats (no, not necessarily liberals) either because they truly take an interest in their leftist politics (however misguided) or are Democrats because they subscribe to such tired old pablum that “Republicans are the Party of the Rich” and what do you have left? The mouth breathers. The independents. The people who stand in the middle of the road because they know it sounds better to say “I’m independent” than to say “I can’t be bothered to study the issues”.

It’s about time someone said it. These so called “swing voters” are just plain idiots and are the reason why this country would be run by Conservatives year in and year out if we were to institute a civics test requirement to vote.

CapitalistPig on August 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Really? He’s taken his ‘Christian Faith’ about as seriously as he’s taken his job as POTUS. Did he ever find that elusive Church to join? Unless it’s hidden on a golf course somewhere, I’m guessing he didn’t.

AUINSC on August 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM

I think he is his own god.

Cindy Munford on August 19, 2010 at 9:39 PM