Hottest seller at Martha’s Vineyard this year: Bush “Miss Me Yet?” t-shirts

posted at 3:03 pm on August 19, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via JWF, a video gloss on the amazing fact that Dubya is now polling six points better than Obama in frontline (i.e. vulnerable) House districts. That’s not according to Rasmussen either; it’s from the Democrats’ own surveys. No wonder the White House is looking around for a new villain: If even the Bushitler seems preferable to swing voters, who’s left to demonize?

An earnest question for lefties: Given the state of the Democrats’ polling, can we finally dispense with the insane yet oft-repeated argument during the ObamaCare debate that passing the bill was the surest way to mitigate losses in the midterms? There were two political reasons to pass O-Care, as you’ll recall: (1) Long-term, passage will set the country irreversibly on the path to socialized medicine, which in turn will create a culture of dependency guaranteeing big Democratic victories far into the future; (2) short-term, passage will cheer liberals and inspire them to turn out in November whereas letting the bill drop will break liberal hearts all over again a la 1993 and will ensure a Republican rout in the midterms. Can we now agree, with the GOP reaching historic leads on the generic ballot, that the second reason has turned out to be a little, well, insane? Or is the new argument that letting the bill drop last year to focus on the economy somehow would have produced an even more gigantic Republican generic ballot lead? No bill = Bushitler outpolling Obama by 10 points instead of six in frontline districts, in other words? Seriously? Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I knew Bush would be treated well by history – I just didn’t think it would be within two years of leaving office!

THANKS, BARRY!!!

RedNewEnglander on August 19, 2010 at 3:05 PM

How are the “My friends and I voted for the first black president and all I got was this lousy economy” shirts selling?

29Victor on August 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM

At this point I’m almost missing Carter.

One tip for you entrepreneurs: Don’t invest in any “Obama – Miss Me Yet?” shirts, I highly doubt they will ever be a big seller.

Bishop on August 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM

The next best-seller will be “I got laid off because of ObamaCare and all I got was this lousy T-shirt” shirts.

teke184 on August 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM

I’d rather see a photo of the Constitution above “Miss me yet?”

PatriotRider on August 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM

If even the Bushitler seems preferable to swing voters, who’s left to demonize?

ted c on August 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Maybe they can just blame Bush41 instead?

Tonus on August 19, 2010 at 3:09 PM

Those shirts and the photo are hilarious though. I love the guy in that video who just lets it out and says, “I just don’t want a mosque built on Ground Zero…I can’t deal with that.” Captures the American mindset perfectly, yet so many with so much power don’t understand it.

Daemonocracy on August 19, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Heh – the caption on the bottom was the best part.

Oh I liked the Real Stooges shirt too.

gophergirl on August 19, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I must say that Bush is eloquently fitting into the former president role.

terryannonline on August 19, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Wicked awesome.

Little Boomer on August 19, 2010 at 3:14 PM

I have essentially the same Bush shirt, only I bought it back in 2005 and it says “Bet you vote next time hippie.”

It hasn’t been as much fun to wear since the last election though.

myrenovations on August 19, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Can hardly wait for his book…

mjbrooks3 on August 19, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Obama off to Martha’s Vineyard for Ramzaan. Just like last year..big deal

macncheez on August 19, 2010 at 3:14 PM

29Victor on August 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Copyright that one!

Laura in Maryland on August 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM

It’s amazing that we do miss the guy who would have still given us budget busting stimulus packages. And he might have ended up owning Government Motors himself. The only differences, economically speaking, may have been a continued effort to truly reform Fanny and Freddy and no BushCare.

You know what? I don’t miss Bush. Bushes half assed screwing up of the economy might not have lit a fire under people’s asses the way Obama’s full fledged destruction of the economy is doing.

NotCoach on August 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I have always said and posted here many times that history would be very kind to Bush. I never thought history could be so recent.

carbon_footprint on August 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Sweet.

How is the narcissistic egotist Prez Mr. Wonderful going to feeeeeeeel when he sees many of those tees walking around his playground.

nyuck, nyuck, nyuck

tru2tx on August 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM

What’s so hilarious about the video is that “The Boston Channel” is Channel 5, WCVB. In 1984 they hired a young dweeb named Keef Olbermann to read the sports. The rest as we say is history.

I’m sure Keef will mention this new T shirt in his “special comment” tonight.

Del Dolemonte on August 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM

“It’s not about me” –Obama

Schadenfreude on August 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM

How about the “The First Lady Went to Spain and All I Got Was My Foodstamps Cut Off” tee shirts. I bet those are flying off the shelves right now!

matt126 on August 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Weren’t the Obamas already on vacation in Florida? Just saying.

KillerKane on August 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM

“Even Democrats are buying it…”

Political Junkie on August 19, 2010 at 3:18 PM

The next best-seller will be “I got laid off because of ObamaCare and all I got was I still had to pay for this lousy T-shirt” shirts.

teke184 on August 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM

phreshone on August 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM

NotCoach on August 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Don’t forget, Bush inherited Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s problems from his predecessor.

He also inherited the most costly attacks, both from a casualty count as well as an economic result, in American history from the same guy.

Del Dolemonte on August 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM

That was a pundit argument – not the argument of normal people. Don’t try to act like we were spreading that B.S.

Blake on August 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM

“Daddy, are they going to miss you when you’re gone too?”

ted c on August 19, 2010 at 3:20 PM

This is still ongoing, unless the GOP finds the balls to gut the program after November, then repeal it in 2013.

Rebar on August 19, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Should put a doctor on the front of the shirt.

“Miss Me Yet? And you stupidly thought you could keep me.”

ted c on August 19, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Jobs, jobs, jobs – is what will and should just kill the lefties. Focusing for 1 1/2 years on Obamacare, when they should have focused on the economy/jobs will be their unraveling, as it should be.

Being so out of touch, impertinent from top to bottom, like no other House/Congress and president, makes them deserve the beating.

Don’t relax, though, not ahead of Nov. 02, nor after. Snakes, wild hogs and rats are dangerous when cornered.

See what Nancy Pelosi said yesterday. She things he holds Obama’s cleaver,…in Venezuela.

Schadenfreude on August 19, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Bishop on August 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM

How about a “Barry, get your tongue out of my mouth, I’m kissing you goodbye” t-shirt?

pedestrian on August 19, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Like most of the rest of the country, I can’t afford a vacation this year. But I must say… after watching that video, I’m really enjoying Obama’s.

Laura Curtis on August 19, 2010 at 3:22 PM

Hopefully the T’s are from fair trade cotton and not polyester from big oil.

seven on August 19, 2010 at 3:22 PM

She (Nancy) thinks she holds Obama’s cleaver,…in Venezuela

Schadenfreude on August 19, 2010 at 3:23 PM

I love with the 3 Stooges Shirt Obama/Pelosi/Reid — who said the Victory Mosque made him sick.

Blake on August 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM

My wife was just saying the other day, how atleast when Bush made a statement you knew what he meant. With all of Obama’s Phony eloquence, he speaks in circles.

portlandon on August 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Came back from vacation and had to fly through Washington DC’s Dulles airport. Saw a table display with the “Miss me yet?” Bush shirts and ones that said “I love my country, it’s the government I don’t trust” prominently displayed. The table was part of one of the regular newsstand/tacky DC souvenir stores in the terminal. Was most amusing.

Kirin on August 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM

New Democratic tack: Democrats to Run Against William Howard Taft in 2010

Mervis Winter on August 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Weren’t the Obamas already on vacation in Florida? Just saying.
KillerKane on August 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Why yes they were, the PBHO Family vacationed in Florida for exactly 27 hours. Most people stay for longer than that but there were all these icky poor people crowding the beaches.

Bishop on August 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Del Dolemonte on August 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM

I was pointing out the fact that Bush did at least recognize the looming crisis in Fannie and Freddie and tried to get congress to address the problem. Obama would never have done that. We would have doubled down.

But what I was really saying is that Bush was a big government Republican. Not a Marxist trained imbecile. If Bush were still in office people would not be losing the minds over the shear stupidity of government today. This is the silver lining in having Obama as president. He is a wake up call. And we all need wake up calls from time to time.

NotCoach on August 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

My victory t-shirt will say:

Count the silverware before they leave!

Blake on August 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Yes GW we certainly do miss you.
It is like living in another worls with Obamao in the WH.

ObamatheMessiah on August 19, 2010 at 3:26 PM

How about this for a t-shirt:

My president thinks I am an ATM machine

macncheez on August 19, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Bishop on August 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Dope and strange
Dope and mange
Dope and out of range

Schadenfreude on August 19, 2010 at 3:27 PM

If it takes a vacation for “recharge obama’s “batteries” .. I say we send him on a permanent vacation.

J_Crater on August 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM

“Daddy, can I buy one?”

faraway on August 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Hottest seller … at Martha’s Vineyard anywhere Obama vacations … this year: Bush “Miss Me Yet?” t-shirts

Tony737 on August 19, 2010 at 3:28 PM

My victory t-shirt will say:
Count the silverware before they leave!
Blake on August 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Count the curtains too, make sure Michelle isn’t trying to wear them out of the building.

Bishop on August 19, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Chimpy McHalliburton? On Martha’s Vineyard?!

Jaibones on August 19, 2010 at 3:33 PM

New Democratic tack: Democrats to Run Against William Howard Taft in 2010

Mervis Winter on August 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Heh. Taft is up by 7 in the DNC’s internal poll.

Jaibones on August 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM

6 vacations so far this year. That backyard pep rally yesterday must have worn him out.

kingsjester on August 19, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Obama needs a villain? Well why don’t they just strap a fishing pole to his back, dangle the pole over his head, and hang a mirror from the hook? ;)

Just think Dimwits. If you had just listened , given an iota that you gave a d@mn about what the people of this country wanted. Bothered to read bills, rather than just shove them thru… if you had just done any of that, you might….MIGHT be in better standing right now. But no. You had to show us you weren’t just our elected officials, but our parents too.

You made your beds…now lie in them.

capejasmine on August 19, 2010 at 3:35 PM

“Daddy, did you plug the poll yet?”

GnuBreed on August 19, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Now,that is Kick-*ss!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on August 19, 2010 at 3:36 PM

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It’s gonna be a bright, bright sun-shiny day!

Blake on August 19, 2010 at 3:37 PM

“Daddy, did you plug the poll yet?”

GnuBreed on August 19, 2010 at 3:35 PM

GnuBreed: Tee-hee,good one!!:)

canopfor on August 19, 2010 at 3:37 PM

teke184 on August 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM

How about this for a t-shirt:

My president thinks I am an ATM machine

macncheez on August 19, 2010 at 3:27 PM

My victory t-shirt will say:

Count the silverware before they leave!

Blake on August 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I’ll take one of each. Size 2X, please.

Yeah, I’m fat.

listens2glenn on August 19, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Gotta love it – being a retailer myself many years ago on Cape Cod- I sure do hope the small business owners there are stocked up on these hot cake items so they’ll have a great week in sales, while all the time remembering to Thank President Obama for the windfall!

wubu on August 19, 2010 at 3:39 PM

I can see clearly now, the rain is gone

Blake on August 19, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Blake: I love that song,thanks:)
=====================================================

I Can See Clearly Now

canopfor on August 19, 2010 at 3:40 PM

Bishop on August 19, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Another one of those “glad my mouth was empty when I read it”.

listens2glenn on August 19, 2010 at 3:41 PM

NotCoach on August 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM

This is why it has been said (by Beck or Rush?) that we’re better off with 0bama as president than McCain.

0bama has been a call to action for those of us who love our country but have been silent for so long. I don’t think there would have been Tea Parties if McCain was president.

UltimateBob on August 19, 2010 at 3:42 PM

Do you think we could break the recession by marketing these T-shirts?

listens2glenn on August 19, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Bush T-Shirt
==================

Hows that Hope and Change work’n for ya,

Are You Awed and Shocked!!!

canopfor on August 19, 2010 at 3:43 PM

UltimateBob on August 19, 2010 at 3:42 PM

I think that’s been said by both, as well as many others.

listens2glenn on August 19, 2010 at 3:45 PM

Kirin on August 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Heh. Last time I travelled through Dulles (during the 2008 primary season), the hot item was Hillary nutcrackers. I kid you not.

I wish I had bought one. They’re probably collector’s items now.

UltimateBob on August 19, 2010 at 3:46 PM

You know what’s sad… even when Obama is no longer president, he will still be a former president with all the perks and status that goes along with it. And considering what little respect he shows the office now, I’m sure he’ll be a disgraceful former president as well with his nose in everyone’s business. I guess the only thing we can hope for is that he really gets busted for something and he can be impeached and removed from office.

behiker on August 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Here’s my Tee –

Obama Gives Me Hope!
For a GOP Landslide.

BacaDog on August 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM

If you’ve lost Martha’s Vineyard…

I guess Obama thought it would be a safe haven.

INC on August 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM

Kirin on August 19, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Damn, missed that one when I was skimming over prior posts.

I take a T-shirt with that logo, too.

listens2glenn on August 19, 2010 at 3:50 PM

behiker on August 19, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Kinda like Jimmy Carter is now?

These guys are more alike than I would have ever thought.

UltimateBob on August 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM

I’m sure Keef will mention this new T shirt in his “special comment” tonight.

Del Dolemonte on August 19, 2010 at 3:16 PM

And then he will pee his pants. As he does every night.

angryed on August 19, 2010 at 3:52 PM

Here’s my Tee –

Obama Gives Me Hope!
For a GOP Landslide.

BacaDog on August 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM

As long as we keep pushing the Progressives out of the GOP, I’m with you.

listens2glenn on August 19, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I wish I had bought one. They’re probably collector’s items now.

UltimateBob on August 19, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Holy balls (no pun intended). That would make a great idea for Christmas. we’re gonna break this recession, yet.

listens2glenn on August 19, 2010 at 3:57 PM

listens2glenn on August 19, 2010 at 3:57 PM

Funny thing is, they weren’t the traditional “Christmas” nutcrackers where you put the nut into the soldier’s mouth. The Hillary ones were made so that you put the nut between her legs and squeezed the legs together.

They’re all over eBay.

UltimateBob on August 19, 2010 at 4:01 PM

One of our own commentators here made this , which seems perfect for a t-shirt

macncheez on August 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM

THANKS, BARRY!!!

RedNewEnglander on August 19, 2010 at 3:05 PM

No joke. This is much quicker than I expected.

Esthier on August 19, 2010 at 4:09 PM

I can imagine a t-shirt with:

I was seduced by Hope and Change
but was raped by Obama

Lockstein13 on August 19, 2010 at 4:09 PM

One of our own commentators here made this , which seems perfect for a t-shirt

macncheez on August 19, 2010 at 4:03 PM

OH YEAH!

listens2glenn on August 19, 2010 at 4:10 PM

By next summer they may have T-shirts at Martha’s Vineyard with Nixon’s picture on them saying “Miss Me Yet?”, if Obama keeps heading in the same direction…

jon1979 on August 19, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Still not a Bush fan but he sure as hell isn’t as bad as Imam Hussain Obamao!

MCGIRV on August 19, 2010 at 4:19 PM

According to the Democrat consultants the Dem candidates are going to be demonizing Obama.

chickasaw42 on August 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM

I also knew that Bush would be treated well by history.. YEAH Pres Bush.

reshas1 on August 19, 2010 at 4:31 PM

I wonder how isolated Obama is from this.

I bet no one is brave enough to tell him the full story.

He probably thinks its a short term thing.

petunia on August 19, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I miss Reagan way more but Bush looks almost Reagan-like when compared to the Obasim.

chickasaw42 on August 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM

chickasaw42 on August 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM

My sentiments exactly.

listens2glenn on August 19, 2010 at 4:41 PM

NotCoach on August 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM
UltimateBob on August 19, 2010 at 3:42 PM

I scolded Allahpundit for claiming idiots were saying exactly what you two idiots are saying. Now I owe AP a GD apology. You two are so clearly out of step with normal people – just get away. Shoo!

Blake on August 19, 2010 at 4:44 PM

I’ll be in DC for the 9/12 rally and I will be getting a GWB shirt.
In my neighborhood that will make me about as popular as Ebola.
Don’t. Care.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 19, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Sad (hilarious ?) part is the shirts are probably made in China.

teacherman on August 19, 2010 at 4:52 PM

NotCoach on August 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Bush mistake was not using the veto, but then he needed to capitulate with congress to get the funding to fight the wars of freedom.
You would have done differently, but then you are what? A person with no real responsibility or leadership?
Bush made some bad decisions, he made some great ones, leaders make a lot of mistakes, because they make a lot of decisions…but in the end, Bush was a great leader, a heartfelt man, who loved America and was proud to be an American. He could have used the veto, but he saved millions from being forever imprisoned, and ignited the fire of freedom in a part of the world that most said would never be done.
You don’t miss him, because you don’t know what you are missing…
Obama and his mindset is the problem, not the person before him.

right2bright on August 19, 2010 at 4:56 PM

UltimateBob on August 19, 2010 at 3:42 PM

I bet you can hardly wait for someone to rob your house so you can be angry at thieves…

right2bright on August 19, 2010 at 4:59 PM

carbon_footprint on August 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I have made the argument that he is the second best president of my lifetime.

A far, far distant second, but second nonetheless.

Vashta.Nerada on August 19, 2010 at 5:13 PM

Well, in defense of George W., he didn’t pull a Herbert Hoover and let the banking system collapse. On the other hand, it was Bush who turned a budget surplus in 2000 to a $1 tril structural deficit by the end of his 2nd term.

Then again, how can you do anything but look back with affection at the good old pre-depression days of the last decade- even if we were living in a fantasy bubble world that was about to collapse. Anything is better than the present.

bayam on August 19, 2010 at 5:20 PM

This is funny because when we were in Daytona a few months ago, a tee shirt shop sold out of the “Miss Me Yet” and had boxes upon boxes of obama shirts. The clerk was honest with us and said nobody’s interested in the “Obama Crap” anymore. LOL

Key West Reader on August 19, 2010 at 5:34 PM

I’ll be in DC for the 9/12 rally and I will be getting a GWB shirt.
In my neighborhood that will make me about as popular as Ebola.
Don’t. Care.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 19, 2010 at 4:47 PM

That’s funny! Ebola.

/Barack Hussein Ebola mmm mmm mmm

Key West Reader on August 19, 2010 at 5:36 PM

I’d prefer an Obama Joker teeshirt. Or maybe a Barack E. Neuman teeshirt: Barack E. Neuman

slickwillie2001 on August 19, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Wouldn’t it be fun to believe…

… that the entire Secret Service detail is wearing those T-Shirts under their vests?

Seven Percent Solution on August 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Bishop on August 19, 2010 at 3:07 PM

The word on the street was that The Race Card offered to buy you a ticket to meet. I always knew he was sweet on you.

hawkdriver on August 19, 2010 at 6:00 PM

“Daddy, are they going to miss you when you’re gone too?”

ted c on August 19, 2010 at 3:20 PM

“Baby Girl, ummm ahhh, will you just plug the damn hole?”

M-14 2go on August 19, 2010 at 6:23 PM

I’d rather see a photo of the Constitution above “Miss me yet?”
PatriotRider on August 19, 2010 at 3:08 PM

+1,000%

NotCoach on August 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Agreed! – And using that thought process – what if McCain had won? – Same thing.

Whether we can recover is another story. Will those who follow have the guts and will power to do what is right for America? – A lot of earnest prayer is needed – me thinks.

Oopsdaisy on August 19, 2010 at 6:24 PM