World Net Daily drops Ann Coulter as speaker for appearing at “HomoCon”

posted at 8:14 pm on August 18, 2010 by Allahpundit

This would have been a fun litmus test on where grassroots righties stand on gay issues if it had involved any other conservative publication. As it is, judging from some of the comments in this morning’s Headlines thread, WND’s relentless Birtherism has made it an easy call. Coulter 1, WND 0:

“Ultimately, as a matter of principle, it would not make sense for us to have Ann speak to a conference about ‘taking America back’ when she clearly does not recognize that the ideals to be espoused there simply do not include the radical and very ‘unconservative’ agenda represented by GOProud,” WND editor and CEO Joseph Farah said. “The drift of the conservative movement to a brand of materialistic libertarianism is one of the main reasons we planned this conference from the beginning.”

Coulter, who is and will remain a WND columnist, said she was hired to deliver a speech at Homocon but that does not mean she endorses GOProud’s views.

“They hired me to give a speech, so I’m giving a speech. I do it all the time,” she said. “I speak to a lot of groups and do not endorse them. I speak at Harvard and I certainly don’t endorse their views. I’ve spoken to Democratic groups and liberal Republican groups that loooove abortion. The main thing I do is speak on college campuses, which is about the equivalent of speaking at an al-Qaida conference. I’m sure I agree with GOProud more than I do with at least half of my college audiences. But in any event, giving a speech is not an endorsement of every position held by the people I’m speaking to.”

Coulter added that she was set to speak for WND, but she thinks the organization is “nuts on the birther thing.”

That was round one. Round two came this afternoon when Coulter unloaded on WND in a righteously angry e-mail to the Daily Caller.

farah is doing this for PUBLICITY and publicity alone;…

I will say that he could give less than two sh-ts about the conservative movement — as demonstrated by his promotion of the birther nonsense (long ago disproved by my newspaper, human events, also sweetness & light, american spectator and national review etc, etc etc). He’s the only allegedly serious conservative pushing the birther thing. for ONE reason: to get hits on his website…

also, FYI; my fellow evangelicals — and I know lots and lots of ‘em — – all think it’s great that I’m doing this. (of course, they know I’m not changing my mind on gay marriage even though I like gays.) this is total b.s. for PUBLICITY by a publicity whore. Attack ann coulter, get publicity. liberals figured that out a long time ago, so he’s a little late to the party.

She also claims that they never actually hired her, in which case they’re not dropping her from anything. Naturally, rather than celebrate capital-P Progress in a prominent conservative choosing to speak at a gay event, some lefties are dumping on her anyway for being a sellout who’ll “go anywhere and do anything at all, if the price is right!” Why, she’s almost like a prostitute, speaking to those darned gays. Exit question: Does anyone seriously have a problem with her doing this, even after her I-still-oppose-gay-marriage caveat? Good enough for Dick Cheney, good enough for me!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I LOVE GOProud. :] Who needs the Birthers at WND anyways.

It's Vintage, Duh on August 18, 2010 at 8:17 PM

TMZ of the right

faraway on August 18, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Gay conservatives wish to be taken seriously in the party, yet they call their gathering “Homocon”.

KSgop on August 18, 2010 at 8:18 PM

WTF is WND?

GOProud for the win. They are awesome – glad to have them as part of the larger conservative movement.

Red Cloud on August 18, 2010 at 8:19 PM

don’t care

rob verdi on August 18, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Anne Coulter is obviously a RINO. /

Holger on August 18, 2010 at 8:19 PM

KSgop on August 18, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Likely sprung from Twitter, where #homocon is a hashtag for gay conservatives.

It's Vintage, Duh on August 18, 2010 at 8:20 PM

I’d rather have one Ann Coulter on my side of the issues than 10,000 WNDs.

Purple Fury on August 18, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Don’t care either.

S. Weasel on August 18, 2010 at 8:21 PM

“…some lefties are dumping on her anyway for being a sellout who’ll “go anywhere and do anything at all, if the price is right!”

They said the same thing about Elton John when he sang at Rush’s wedding. Irritable bunch aren’t they?

fesofee on August 18, 2010 at 8:21 PM

KSgop on August 18, 2010 at 8:18 PM

So if they changed the name it would make a significant difference?

Esthier on August 18, 2010 at 8:22 PM

FLASH: THE IRAQ WAR ENDED TODAY!

NO KIDDING

faraway on August 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I love that poster/pic. I hope they are really using it!

clnurnberg on August 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Dr. Laura was wrong to use the N word, even though she was doing it for illustritive purposes, but Ann won’t back down.
I’m still uber pizzed at her (Coulter) for her elitist snow job on Sarah though.

She could have done a whole lot to elevate Sarah, instead, she did a lot to hurt.

Yet, I’ll reserve judgement as everyone has the right to be redeemed.

Chewy the Lab on August 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM

WTF is WND?

Red Cloud on August 18, 2010 at 8:19 PM

World Net Daily. I’m surprised so many are asking this. Hot Air has linked to them before but not often. They’re far enough to the right that you should check their sources before considering any story of theirs.

Esthier on August 18, 2010 at 8:24 PM

I’m in the Tea Party – WTF is WND?

Weapons of Non-Destruction?

HondaV65 on August 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM

JHC..

…forever defined the presidency of George W. Bush and left more than 4,400 American service members and tens of thousands of Iraqis dead.

August Surprise?

Ugly on August 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM

WTF is WND?

Red Cloud on August 18, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Another one of those 3 letter acronyms.
“World Net Daily” I guess. Never heard of it…

J.O.B.S.
Another 3 letter acronym

Electrongod on August 18, 2010 at 8:25 PM

I applaud Ann Coulter for distancing herself and her credibility from the Birthers.

WND gave birth to the Birthers, so I’m glad Ann took the high road.

Key West Reader on August 18, 2010 at 8:26 PM

D’oh… in response to

faraway on August 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Ugly on August 18, 2010 at 8:26 PM

World Net Daily… Think of it as a Conservative Huffing Post.

Holger on August 18, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Farah’s a loon.

The GOP needs to give up the social BS and embrace economic conservatives of all stripes.

rickyricardo on August 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM

FLASH: THE IRAQ WAR ENDED TODAY!

NO KIDDING

faraway on August 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Just in time for the Obama-MSM Lurlections!

/This ain’t over and we who have loved ones over there know it. Why do you think that our Men and Women in Service will NOT be allowed to Vote in 2010?

Key West Reader on August 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM

WND pwnd.

Jeff2161 on August 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM

World Net Daily… Think of it as a Conservative Huffing Post.

Holger on August 18, 2010 at 8:27 PM

There it is!

Key West Reader on August 18, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Well Farah has a point there, but I don’t think that is what Coulter is doing.

farah is sticking to his principles, something most pundits and those in media don’t normally do so I feel Coulters personal attacks on him are misguided. also, if she was never officially dropped from anything since she was never hired, why is she so ticked off in her response?

I like Coulter and I don’t mind Farah but lets be real, both use inflammatory rhetoric for the sake of publicity.

Daemonocracy on August 18, 2010 at 8:29 PM

While I don’t agree with GOProud on some issues they’re head and shoulders above the Log Cabin(we’re so far to the left we might as well switch parties)’Republicans’.
Good for Ann!

annoyinglittletwerp on August 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM

That poster is hilarious.

Slublog on August 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM

I used to read WND occasionally, even though the relentless evangelicalism at the site was kind of a turn-off. Haven’t looked at it for awhile, but the Coulter dustup suggests that I haven’t missed much.

Cicero43 on August 18, 2010 at 8:31 PM

World Net Daily was founded by a group that had worked as conservatives in the MSM – they first tried to compete with local papers but they went online back in the 90s.

I *think* the founder was previously the editor of the Sacramento Union, back when McClatchy had competition – the region only has left- and far-left- papers now.

I think they have tried to do solid reporting but they get a little “excitable” and are too eager to trust what sounds good to them. I haven’t really followed them in a while, so they may have gone way downhill for all I know.

I used to follow them as an alternative news source back when Clinton was President, I just checked and they were founded in 1997.

Merovign on August 18, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Most hilarious aspect – Ann calling someone an attention whore.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

But she was right. She gives speeches. Those guys hired her for a speech. What’s the big deal? Oh, that’s right, it doesn’t get them any closer to the magical freedom paper secreted in a Hawaiian filing cabinet! Shucky Darn.

Wind Rider on August 18, 2010 at 8:33 PM

World Net Daily… Think of it as a Conservative Huffing Post.

Holger on August 18, 2010 at 8:27 PM

More like the conservative DailyKos.

TedInATL on August 18, 2010 at 8:34 PM

FLASH: THE IRAQ WAR ENDED TODAY!

NO KIDDING

faraway on August 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Expect Obama to be on the deck of an aircraft carrier taking all the victory.

Oh wait!

“I’m always worried about using the word ‘victory,’ because, you know, it invokes this notion of Emperor Hirohito coming down and signing a surrender to MacArthur,” – Obama

Electrongod on August 18, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Looks like they never quite got over the Y2K survival / hoarding meme. Heh.

Might be entertainingly nostalgic to read the place a bit, but they’re very tabloid. I wouldn’t put too much credence into them, on the other hand I don’t think they’re deliberately misleading, just kind of echo-chambery.

Merovign on August 18, 2010 at 8:37 PM

FLASH: THE IRAQ WAR ENDED TODAY!

NO KIDDING

faraway on August 18, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Ed, Allah, a post on this coming up tonight?

ThePrez on August 18, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Ann Coulter will always win.

SlaveDog on August 18, 2010 at 8:39 PM

More like the conservative DailyKos.

TedInATL on August 18, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Perfect!
I treat a link from WND like I treat links from Infowars.
They go in the ‘net version of the ‘circular file’.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 18, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Coulter is the Judy Garland of the right? Hmmmmm…then who is our Liza? Who’s our Cher? Who’s our RuPaul?!?

SouthernGent on August 18, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Who’s our RuPaul?!?

SouthernGent on August 18, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Ron Paul?

Holger on August 18, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Most hilarious aspect – Ann calling someone an attention whore.

Wind Rider on August 18, 2010 at 8:33 PM

Heh… glad I wasn’t the only one ; )

The Ugly American on August 18, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I don’t like organizations on the right trying to control speech and opinion any more than those on the left trying to do it. These people need to back off and allow Conservatives of all stripes enjoy the light.

MainelyRight on August 18, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I really don’t care where Coulter speaks. She was on Hannity’s radio program today, and she sounded like she was either on drugs, or she needs to be on drugs.

mobydutch on August 18, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Ann, along with Michelle Malkin have spent more time in the lion’s den than Daniel, for a reason. They know who agrees with them and we aren’t the ones that need the message.

I wish more male conservatives had a sack like these Warrior Princesses. We’d be back on the course that this nation deserves.

TugboatPhil on August 18, 2010 at 8:44 PM

I don’t even pay attention to WND or consider them a place of conservative dialogue after they went birther (and would not turn back).

Conan on August 18, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Who’s our RuPaul?!?

SouthernGent on August 18, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Ron Paul?

Holger on August 18, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Have you ever seen them in the same room together? NO! lol

ThePrez on August 18, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Have you ever seen them in the same room together? NO! lol

ThePrez on August 18, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Quit it MadCon! /s

CWforFreedom on August 18, 2010 at 8:48 PM

I think WND can be nutty but I must say I am with them on this one, and I am a Coulter fan, generally speaking. The gay agenda is a trojan horse for more liberalism. Politically, the gay vote is tiny, the share conservatives will get is even smaller.

Why anyone would want to alienate the family values voters, (who are legion) is beyond me. Gay marriage has lost every time it has been on the ballot, Conservatives are on the right side of the issue. GOPROUD wants to ram the entire homosexual agenda through. They also throw in a few boiler plate talking points about low taxes and small government but it is obvious what their real priorities are.

echosyst on August 18, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I’m with Ann.

Good Lt on August 18, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I’m with Ann.

rrpjr on August 18, 2010 at 8:53 PM

“The drift of the conservative movement to a brand of materialistic libertarianism libertinism …”

It’s not libertarianism that he means. It’s libertinism. It’s a really dumb mistake. Surely Farah knows better than that.

petefrt on August 18, 2010 at 8:54 PM

petefrt on August 18, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Depends on the libertarian you are talking to.

sharrukin on August 18, 2010 at 8:56 PM

According to GOProud’s website, they stand for policy and legislative activities on the FEDERAL (are they really for smaller govt.?) level.
Here are some of their positions on crucial conservative issues:

They support free market health care reform which includes “expanding access to domestic partner benefits”. Hmm. If we ever do repeal obamacare, this inclusion would guarantee significant increases in my premiums and force me to subsidize a behaviour and lifestyle that I disagree with, among straight OR homosexual persons.

They are in favor of gay marriage, and opposed to Prop 8.
Hmm. Federally recognizing homosexual “marriage” would guarantee every child in America to “learn” about teabagging, men’s genitals and fists in other men’s anuses and mouths, golden showers, and many other things that I won’t mention here, such as what lesbian practices the little one’s will be exposed to. Obama’s boy, Kevin Jennings, could operate with even greater impunity in polluting the minds of innocents and encouraging them to “experiment”. Yes, let’s take it out on the minds, hearts and bodies of innocent children. Again.

Repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell. Hmm. That would give every gay crackpot or group of crackpots the run of the showers, dressing areas and right to ogle at will. Then there will be the provocatuers who enlist to undermine the military of the nation they hate. Like a million obamas in khakis. Much has been written by military minds and veterans about how this would destroy the order, morale and unity of the military, which is a society unique and unlike anything we “civilians” live or understand.

Are these the positions of conservatives? I know plenty of rabid leftists who hold these views. And if these views along with some contradictory window dressing about “smaller government”, “individual liberty” and “lower taxes”, make one a conservative, I call BS.

Just because the GOProud website promotes some conservative principles, how does that make acceptable the above stances, which are diametrically opposed and foundationally destructive to conservatism not to mention completely incompatible with Christianity?

I have no problem with, do not stand in judgement of, and will support any person, homosexual or straight, who does not actively promote legislation and policy that would promote a lifestyle and behaviour opposed to conservative and Christian principles. I have friends and relatives, both homosexual and straight, who fit this description.

However, I will oppose, without backing down one inch, anyone, homosexual or straight, who does actively promote legislation and policy that would promote a lifestyle and behaviour opposed to conservative and Christian principles.

And if Ann Coulter, or any other conservative thinks that the “HomoCon” conference, (a militant in-your-face title in itself, but with a great promo poster; there’s much talent there) can in any way help restore our nation while promoting an aggressive homosexual federal legislative and policy agenda – they’re barking up the wrong tree.

Just as Coulter barked up the wrong tree when the whole Shirley Sherrod speech came out, and Ann viewed it and declared on Hannity that it was “magnificent”. Really, Ann? I listened to the whole speech and heard Sherrod make several bigoted, anti-white remarks, apart and separate from the Georgia farmer issue, and so did many others who reviewed the whole thing. “Magnificent”, my foot.

This whole homosexual/conservative pairing idea holds many contradictions, numerous pitfalls and needs some serious and intellectually honest thought, discussion and groundrules set by those who are not afraid of real, down-and no-punches-pulled talks. It goes without saying that there should be no threat of the “homophobe card” being pulled at any time.

If true conservative and Christian values are to be upheld, and the above sample of GOProud beliefs are upheld by this particular group, then how can this “marriage” be saved?

Perhaps pairing a group whose primary objective is activist homosexual legislation/policy, with a secondary conservative twist, with conservatives groups whose primary focus is on social/fiscal/religious issues is going to be more destructive and divisive than is going to bring conservatives together and add to our numbers and unity.

To work together, someone is going to have to give up their principles and core beliefs. How is that going to work out?

If Coulter’s speech reflects these serious concerns and contradictions, and she uses it as a “teachable moment” (hating that term since obama), then there may be some good to come out of this. If not, we are just whistling past the graveyard, again.

tigerlily on August 18, 2010 at 8:58 PM

echosyst on August 18, 2010 at 8:49 PM

So much FAIL in just two paragraphs…

It's Vintage, Duh on August 18, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Republican Civil War!!!!

Joe Caps on August 18, 2010 at 9:03 PM

echosyst on August 18, 2010 at 8:49 PM

So much FAIL in just two paragraphs…

It’s Vintage, Duh on August 18, 2010 at 8:59 PM

No actually the poster pretty much nails it.

sharrukin on August 18, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I’d fight for the Homocons before I would ever standing up for WND.

carbon_footprint on August 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Just saw her on O’Rielly…she’d come across, appearance wise, a lot better if she’d drop the wild hair thing. She says the right things, and very eloquently, but the hair thing is super distracting, IMHO…and I am a believer.

Dingbat63 on August 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Good on Ann.

“Minority Group” conservatives have it bad out there; you’re always an Uncle Tom or an Aunt Dorothy. GOProud does good work and is full of principled, economic conservatives — which is exactly what this country needs.

The right has been (unfairly) demonized and tagged with “the party of hate!” so the more these “wingnuts” like Ann speak at events like one for gay conservatives, the more attention it brings, and then…?

The more the liberal chokehold on “identity politics” shatters. The left has promised so much social-based promise to very disparate groups (take Muslims and Gays as a prime example) that people are itching to flee the tent.

You don’t have to agree with GOProud on everything. No one should. But the more people see gay conservatives (or conservative blacks or conservative women) the more the left’s facade breaks and the more people listen to true economic and constitutional conservatism.

Go, Ann!

lansing quaker on August 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I’d fight for the Homocons before I would ever standing up for WND.

carbon_footprint on August 18, 2010 at 9:08 PM

I will try again: I’d fight for GOProud before I would ever stand up for WND.

carbon_footprint on August 18, 2010 at 9:09 PM

All those appearances on “Red Eye” appear to be doing Ann a world of good. Coming up: Second look at her by National Review? It’s been almost nine years since the divorce…

jon1979 on August 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM

So much FAIL in just two paragraphs…

It’s Vintage, Duh on August 18, 2010 at 8:59 PM

The poster was right on…

Good post echosyst, that’s what is going on.

b1jetmech on August 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM

I want to see Ann Coulter’s birth certificate!

I heard she was born in Hawaii… before it was a state!

profitsbeard on August 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM

How about HOMOcon become libertarians…they’re certainly no conservatives.

b1jetmech on August 18, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Who’s our RuPaul?!?

SouthernGent on August 18, 2010 at 8:40 PM

That would be Hillbuzz.

Look them up.

Key West Reader on August 18, 2010 at 9:14 PM

World Net Daily… Think of it as a Conservative Huffing Post.

Holger on August 18, 2010 at 8:27 PM
More like the conservative DailyKos.

No – Think of it as being more like HotAir, except for Christians.

CertainVictory on August 18, 2010 at 9:16 PM

Conservative is not a dirty word.
The Dem’s won’t tell you
The Lib’s won’t tell you
Obama won’t tell you…

Conservatism is just plain old Common Sense, not a dirty word.

Key West Reader on August 18, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I am totally with Ann Coulter on this.

georgealbert on August 18, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Why would Ann Coulter be a speaker at that comic book convention anyway?

portlandon on August 18, 2010 at 9:20 PM

To the members of GOProud: I will stand up to help fight your battles to whatever extent you are willing to stand up to help fight mine. In any case, welcome to the fight.

To Ann Coulter: I love you Ann, I have always loved you, I will always love you. Say the word, and we’ll meet at the next Dead Show and be married as God has clearly intended for it to be.

To Joe Farah: You jumped the shark a long time ago. Go back to your day job (whatever that is).

JohnGalt23 on August 18, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Go Ann! I wish I could attend “Homocon.”

Ampersand on August 18, 2010 at 9:25 PM

CertainVictory on August 18, 2010 at 9:16 PM

So Christians need to lose all logic and reason and embrace Birtherism?

It's Vintage, Duh on August 18, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Give them Hell Ann

Jdripper on August 18, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I stopped reading World Net Daily a long time ago, due in part to my general and personal belief that Joseph Farah is, for all practical intents and purposes, nuts.

pilamaye on August 18, 2010 at 9:36 PM

I’m more concerned about her defending Steele!

flytier on August 18, 2010 at 9:36 PM

So Christians need to lose all logic and reason and embrace Birtherism?

It’s Vintage, Duh on August 18, 2010 at 9:26 PM

Excellent.
I’m not a Birther and with the exception of a close friend I’ve known since 1980-he introduced me to my now husband-I try not to have friends who are birthers.
Zero hasn’t learned that people judge you by the company you keep.
I have.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 18, 2010 at 9:41 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on August 18, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I really don’t care who Coulter talks to, for free or for a fee. I do care what she says, and writes and her opinions.

TBenton on August 18, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Farah’s a loon.

rickyricardo on August 18, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Yeah, as long as we all have jobs who cares about principles. Nobody needs morality. Just cut me a check.

JellyToast on August 18, 2010 at 9:49 PM

I guess that’s why I enjoy this site…. It’s chock full of both idiots and geniuses.

PaCadle on August 18, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I stand with Ann.

WDN – just deleted you from my bookmarks – ADIOS !!!

jake-the-goose on August 18, 2010 at 9:53 PM

Put me down for a Coulter+1. WND is just stupid.

BJ* on August 18, 2010 at 9:57 PM

I haven’t trusted World Net Daily since I was shamefully (and temporarily) sucked into their OMG-the-Dems-are-building-internment-camps-for-Conservatives! hysteria a couple years ago. I got burned once and I don’t care to risk it again, and I’m not AT ALL surprised to hear they’re hardcore Birthers.

Thank God for Hot Air: despite being an openly partisan site, it’s at least fair.

And as far as I’m concerned, GOProud is welcome to the big tent: we don’t have to agree on everything to be on the same side. Come on in, folks.

Animator Girl on August 18, 2010 at 9:57 PM

JellyToast on August 18, 2010 at 9:49 PM

I’m right of center on pretty much everything except animal rights…and Joseph Farah is still a few fruits short of a salad.

annoyinglittletwerp on August 18, 2010 at 10:03 PM

If you are opposed to the plans and mandates of the DOTUS then you are a friend of the Republic.

WND…….Friend

COULTER…Friend (though I’m not giddy about Chris Christie like she apparently is).

GOProud…never heard of them, are they opposed to Obama? then if yes…….Friend.

Next question please.

PappyD61 on August 18, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Republican Civil War!!!!

Joe Caps on August 18, 2010 at 9:03 PM

Sword Fight!!!!!

exception on August 18, 2010 at 10:08 PM

There’s a reason it’s known on the right as World Nut Daily.

Good Lt on August 18, 2010 at 10:11 PM

I’m starting to get annoyed. Conservitive infighting at the WORST time.

Love Ann Coulter…like her defense. I like WND…Michael Medved calls them World NUT Daily and I am not sure why. When I hear Farah and Corsi, I like what they say.

Why are Birther’s nuts? I think the doubt is feasible. Hand over the certificate to stop it.

Anyway, I also get Farah’s point of view. Hmmm, I like both but this fighting is confusing and I have yet to see WND be kooky. This shouldn’t be happening.

Gob on August 18, 2010 at 10:14 PM

WND…….Friend

GOProud…never heard of them, are they opposed to Obama? then if yes…….Friend.

Next question please.

PappyD61 on August 18, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Precisely and I don’t care if they like each other or not.

sharrukin on August 18, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Next question please.

PappyD61 on August 18, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I agree with you. There is a complication though: WND strongly disagrees.

exception on August 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM

There is a complication though: WND strongly disagrees.

exception on August 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM

So does Ann.

Who cares?

sharrukin on August 18, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Ann should stand her ground. She’ll be principled and have fun.

WND can replace her with Dr. Laura. That way there will be plenty of winners, especially #6.

1. Ann
2. Conservatives
3. Dr. Laura
4. WND
5. Gays
6. The country

Most important is #6 because if the country will not be taken back, WND will not be allowed to rant much longer and no one will have any more rights, except the goons in charge. See what Pelosi said about those opposing the mosque being built in that location.

Schadenfreude on August 18, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Schadenfreude, you’re not just my favourite German word, you always make the best sense!!!

Gob on August 18, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Interesting how so many posters on this subject avoid the core issues here of whether the GOProud homosexual agenda is in conflict with family value voters/conservatives, and if so, will it divide, dilute, harm or help.

Instead, there is a lot of personal bashing, “Farah is crazy”, “WND = World Nut Daily”, and complete diversions from the subject at hand into “birtherism”, etc., etc.

Going off subject myself for a moment, let’s switch Barack Obama’s name for Sarah Palin and travel to an alternate universe for just a few minutes:

Sarah Palin had an overwhelming lack of papertrail;
a parent who conferred dual citizenship upon her at birth;
another parent who raised her as a communist/muslim/Indonesian citizen; as a Presidential candidate and Officeholder, Sarah Palin spent over one million dollars in litigation to keep run of the mill school, travel and birth records sealed, while insisting opponent John McCain reveal all records, and forced a Congressional hearing to determine whether McCain was eligible to hold the office of President.

As Commander in Chief, Palin allowed a highly decorated military flight surgeon who has sacrificed life and limb for our nation to face court martial rather than simply show her birth certificate.

The perjorative, “birther”, coined by the Right in order to shame Leftists who even breathed a word about these highly unusual and stonewalled questions of eligibilty and constitutionality, was adopted by the Left and would be worn by them as a badge of honor.

In fact, with their usual PR acumen, so far ahead of the Right, the Left made sure that the term birther would proudly signal that the one so labeled was possessing of the highest integrity, patriotism and intellect.

The Left laughed at the lame Right, and never let their silly attempts to shame or intimidate with name-calling divert their attention out of fear teenage peer pressure and “what will others think of me?” angst. They never wavered in their laser focus to attain power and destroy Palin. If outing her docs would do it, then they ran that up the flagpole and watched what happened. It was just one weapon in an entire unified arsenal that the Left employed.
The key was to stay unified, to never let the enemy see infighting, which was what the dumb righty rubes did when the Left called them the names.

Any Leftist that accused any other Leftist of being “crazy” and “tin foil” for pursuing the notorious “Palin Papers”, as the missing documentation became known, were shamed, shouted down, shredded and sent to the equivalent of a political Siberia, never to be heard from again.

Oh, and impeachment would be screamed for daily, pre-election, but that was unnecessary because Palin was not elected; Birthers, (history would record the name Birther as synonomous with Hero) made sure such a deceptive, secretive, Constitutionally unqualified POS was politically and personally destroyed, along with her family.

So, back in this universe, if Sarah Palin were pulling an Obama with her documentation, the same thing would …uh,..the same thing would happen… umm,..as would in our alternate universe. How about that.

tigerlily on August 18, 2010 at 11:07 PM

tigerlily on August 18, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Your mistake is in assuming they care more about the truth than being embarrassed. They don’t! That’s why they go along with the leftist agenda on this. There is no upside in it for them. They can be ridiculed by the left, or they can ridicule those on the right who don’t tow the line.

So they wait, and if by some odd chance the truth about Obama comes out, they get to play the outraged citizen giving his opponent the benefit of a doubt, which just goes to show what decent upstanding fellows they are.

They win either way, and in the meantime they get to throw tomatoes at those wacko’s who won’t shut up.

This is their approach to the problem.

sharrukin on August 18, 2010 at 11:29 PM

sharrukin on August 18, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Your analysis is spot on, imo, sharrukin. And too bad for us – the approach you highlight is a power diluter, big time. Division, and especially saving the enemy time, energy and political capitol by doing their work for them, is never a good strategy or way to increase power, O great and wise anti-birthers.

And thanks for the Klaven link. He is awesome.

And now I’m going to pop out to the kitchen to check on my fried in butter mashed potato patties laced with onion and cerrano peppers. Will serve ‘em up with sour cream on the side. Yum.

tigerlily on August 18, 2010 at 11:53 PM

WND is a horsesh*t site. I’m conservative, and I think they’re nuts.

joejm65 on August 18, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Ann will dearly miss the 5 readers she may get from WND.

bayview on August 18, 2010 at 11:55 PM

tigerlily on August 18, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Sounds good. See ya.

sharrukin on August 19, 2010 at 12:12 AM

Anyway, it’s Whirled Nuts Daily.

Team Coulter.