Celebrity parasite’s new reality show: Running for mayor of Wasilla

posted at 9:29 pm on August 9, 2010 by Allahpundit

Remind me again, what great crime did Palin supposedly commit against this jackass that supposedly justifies his endless stream of backbiting and mockery of her? If I’m not mistaken, according to Palin-haters, her alleged original sin was asking him to come to the Republican convention and provide political cover by appearing with Bristol in the aftermath of the news that she was pregnant. And supposedly, because of that one request, every low-rent thing he’s done ever since is somehow … karma, or payback? Simple question: For a fame-whore known to go by the moniker “Ricky Hollywood,” wasn’t bringing him to the convention pretty much the nicest thing you could do for him? It’s like saying that he’s now justified in running a vendetta against Fox because they were dumb enough to invite him to the Teen Choice Awards.

Alternate headline: “Jon Gosselin no longer the biggest D-bag to have his own reality show.”

Johnston will run for mayor of Wasilla, Alaska — yes, the same job that propelled Sarah Palin to governor of that state (and later, the vice presidential nomination) — in a new reality project being pitched by Stone and Co.

“Loving Levi: The Road to the Mayor’s Office” will center on Johnston’s newfound fame as the baby daddy to Palin’s grandson, Tripp…

Johnston’s candidacy isn’t as far-fetched as it sounds: Wasilla’s current mayor, lawyer Verne E. Rupright, won the seat in 2008 with 466 votes — less than 100 from his nearest competitor, who received 373…

And should his candidacy prove successful in Wasilla, Jones said he’s got Johnston’s sights set next on the Alaska governor’s race — and it’s not entirely clear whether he’s kidding or not. (And if it again sounds too far-fetched, remember that Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jesse Ventura were elected governor in much more populous states.)

The show’s also going to focus on Levi being a father to Tripp, so all the dads out there might want to tune in for some pointers. Exit quotation via Ace: “Imagine if a man-boy had treated Chelsea Clinton in such a vile manner.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’m curious. What specific behavior of Todd Palin gives you this impression?

hawkdriver on August 9, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Based on the interviews I’ve seen with him, he seems to have no opinion on anything at all…even on Levi. He seems like the kind of guy who has a sugar mama (and lots of toys that come with that) and doesn’t want to rock the boat. I’m not bashing Sarah here, be he really seems like a non-entity. He never says anything to defend her…she thinks he’s a catch and ‘hawt’ and all that and good for her…but I wouldn’t describe this dude as a stand-up guy…he’s like a squirrel that married a mama grizzly…and mama grizzly just lurves him and lurves him.

AUINSC on August 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM

If the Palins were really the gun crazy rednecks the Left portrays them as, they would have killed Levi years ago.

Speedwagon82 on August 9, 2010 at 11:06 PM

This Levi is really pathetic.

texasconserv on August 9, 2010 at 11:06 PM

AUINSC on August 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Three years ago, no one knew who Sarah Palin was. They’ve been married for how long now???

BigWyo on August 9, 2010 at 11:07 PM

BigWyo on August 9, 2010 at 11:07 PM

I think you got that wrong…I’m not saying he doesn’t love her…he almost certainly does. He’s just not doing anything and I doubt he has done much for many years. I also don’t see Levi quaking in his boots if Todd answers the door…especially if the had the nerve to knock up Todd’s daughter right in the house.

AUINSC on August 9, 2010 at 11:09 PM

AUINSC on August 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Well, that’s a lot of opinion and really supposition of his character based on just interviews. I don’t think I’ve seen much of any interviews with him discussing much at all. Can you site or link to any. I’d like to see what you mean.

hawkdriver on August 9, 2010 at 11:10 PM

This thread needs a reality check for some…

Nothing that Levi does has anything to do with Palin herself . She is not responsible for this guy and she has no control over what he does… What he does reflects on him not on Sarah…

Bristol made a mistake and my heart totally breaks for her because it was obvious that she was happy when she thought Levi, the father of her son, was redeeming himsef…then she must have been crushed when it turned out he played her and just wanted to get her to do a reality show…she must be hurt, embarassed and dismayed especially since she let him talk her into an announcement in US before telling her parents (who probably would have given her better advice)and this thing became so public again. But, what is also obvious is that she has no control over what Levi does so stop nmaking her responsible for what this guy does. Levi is not a Palin and is not family in any way…He is Tripp’s father and Tripp will have to one day hold him to account for this behavior…

I really wonder about those who are “disgusted with Levi” and fault Sarah and Bristol as if they have any control over him…

CCRWM on August 9, 2010 at 11:11 PM

AUINSC on August 9, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Don’t you think the media would be just waiting for him to display some behavior like that to make comment on?

hawkdriver on August 9, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Why think so small? He should run against Barry in the Dem primary.

bayview on August 9, 2010 at 11:14 PM

CCRWM on August 9, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Well said.

hawkdriver on August 9, 2010 at 11:15 PM

hawkdriver on August 9, 2010 at 11:10 PM

I never represented what I wrote as anything but opinion. He doesn’t say much, so it’s really hard to say anything about him…except he doesn’t say much. He sure doesn’t seem like a conservative though:
Palin’s hubby and son not Republicans

But remember…all of this is in response to a comment made to the effect that “Levi better hope Todd doesn’t open the door if he comes knocking”…and I’m just saying that Levi doesn’t have anything to worry about from Todd.

AUINSC on August 9, 2010 at 11:20 PM

I’ll give Hillary credit. She managed to keep stability with Chelsea, and I’ll always wonder how.

The rest of us are more human.

AnninCA on August 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM

We don’t really know much about Chelsea’s life in the WH, since the liberal media declared her off-limits. Who knows what went on there…

slickwillie2001 on August 9, 2010 at 11:21 PM

BigWyo on August 9, 2010 at 11:07 PM

BTW, what has he been doing for a living since Sarah got into politics?

AUINSC on August 9, 2010 at 11:24 PM

AUINSC on August 9, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.

hawkdriver on August 9, 2010 at 11:25 PM

Only the brain dead, slimy U.S. media would create and perpetuate this kind of ignorant, human scum.

rplat on August 9, 2010 at 11:30 PM

AnninCA on August 9, 2010 at 10:01 PM

I think they formed a super-strong bond after Bill got caught with Monica. Seriously.

joejm65 on August 9, 2010 at 10:05 PM

A friend of mine worked in the Clinton WH. She said that for as live and let live liberal Bill and Hillary were, they were actually really strict with Chelsea. Hillary was a typical mom who monitored everything her daughter did..what clothes she wore (she would make her change if she felt Chelsea’s skirt was too short), who her friends were, what she did with her time, etc. She said the Clinton’s couldn’t stand one another and fought all the time, but they were very good parents and spent time with Chelsea and were a big part of her life.

My friend’s theory on why Hillary was so strict with Chelsea – she was bound and determined her daughter would not become like the bimbo’s her dad hooked up with. I’m sure it’s not shocking to anyone that Hillary has a special place of hatred reserved for bimbo’s.

ramrants on August 9, 2010 at 11:31 PM

slickwillie2001 on August 9, 2010 at 11:21 PM

actually her parents kept her out of the spotlight. Chelsea was never really visible, even during campaigning. Something Sarah might want to consider.

ramrants on August 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM

I look forward to the day when he overdoses on crystal meth.

MadisonConservative on August 9, 2010 at 11:34 PM

ramrants on August 9, 2010 at 11:31 PM

And yet, who could have foreseen this:

BTW, the Chelsea wasted pics have been pretty much scrubbed from the entire internet. Funny how that works, huh?

AUINSC on August 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM

ramrants on August 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Doesn’t work with Republicans. If the family is not visible, they will ask what she is hiding. If she’s away from the family for any period, they will say she’s a bad mother and she can’t hold a political office and be a mother at the same time. For Republican women, the NOW-whores go silent.

slickwillie2001 on August 9, 2010 at 11:58 PM

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my question.

hawkdriver on August 9, 2010 at 11:25 PM

No prob. Here’s and interview with Bristol and Todd…on NBC, no less:

Bristol and Todd Palin

Like I said…a very passive, wishy-washy, no-energy type of dude.

AUINSC on August 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I look forward to the day when he overdoses on crystal meth.

MadisonConservative on August 9, 2010 at 11:34 PM

I’d give him the money to buy it!

lonestar1 on August 10, 2010 at 12:01 AM

Like I said…a very passive, wishy-washy, no-energy type of dude.

AUINSC on August 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Wouldn’t that make him a typical male republican?

lonestar1 on August 10, 2010 at 12:03 AM

It is a really sad thing when the TV ‘reality’ media Palin haters pump so much money and hope into some punkass fool with a double digit IQ just because he got to screw a Palin daughter, then talk bad about her momma.

And if such a show should actually get advertisers and more than a few dozen stoned slacker teenage viewers…. Well, Steven Hawking recently said that Planet Earth is very likely to have ‘an extinction event” in the next 100 years….. We deserve to have it occur the day the show premieres.

LegendHasIt on August 10, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Seems most of us agree Levi will self-distruct one way or another, unless he has a MAJOR epiphany.

I don’t know what the chances are of him turning, but if his self-destruction ends in his death, then most of the lap-dog journalists will claim it was a “hit” arranged by the Palins & associates.

In fact, I don’t think it’s too paranoid to believe that those in opposition to Sarah would arrange to have Levi hit, and try to frame the Palins for it.

listens2glenn on August 10, 2010 at 12:28 AM

“Imagine if a man-boy had treated Chelsea Clinton in such a vile manner.”

Said man-boy would’ve been found dead in a dumpster long before this stage of the circus…

Midas on August 10, 2010 at 12:31 AM

Like I said…a very passive, wishy-washy, no-energy type of dude.

AUINSC on August 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Wouldn’t that make him a typical male republican?

lonestar1 on August 10, 2010 at 12:03 AM

A Republican politician, maybe.

NOT a Republican constituent.

listens2glenn on August 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM

Like I said…a very passive, wishy-washy, no-energy type of dude.

AUINSC on August 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Oilfield Production Supervisor

Four-time Snowmobile Racing Champion–(finished fourth one year with a broken arm from crash)

Commercial Salmon Fisherman

Father of five (one with Downs Syndrome)

Certified Private Pilot

Currently volunteer hockey and basketball coach

Yeah, he’s a real slacker.

hillbillyjim on August 10, 2010 at 12:54 AM

A Republican politician, maybe.
NOT a Republican constituent.
listens2glenn on August 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM

You’re right! A male republican politician. The women have stones.

lonestar1 on August 10, 2010 at 12:55 AM

For anyone who didn’t see it, the interview of Todd Palin by Greta Van Sustern can be found on youtube here:

The link is to part 1 of 4, I believe.

I came away from this interview thinking he was “more man” than all the Republican senators combined.
How some of you arrived at your conclusions about Todd, I don’t know. Your conclusions seem quite the opposite of the man in that interview.

listens2glenn on August 10, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Loving Levi?
I think not.
Disgusted by Levi.
You betcha.

least1 on August 10, 2010 at 12:58 AM

A Republican politician, maybe.
NOT a Republican constituent.
listens2glenn on August 10, 2010 at 12:33 AM

You’re right! A male republican politician. The women have stones.

lonestar1 on August 10, 2010 at 12:55 AM

Yes, I did mean the men (so called).

listens2glenn on August 10, 2010 at 12:59 AM

In my reading for comprehension, I didn’t see the network that is planning to carry this soon to be classic. Sounds like a loser to me.

Cindy Munford on August 10, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Phuck
this
kid.

blatantblue on August 10, 2010 at 1:36 AM

Please tell me the show is “Who wants to kick the crap out of a D-bag who isn’t smarter than a 5th grader?” Because I’d like to apply as a guest star.

Rbastid on August 10, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Like I said…a very passive, wishy-washy, no-energy type of dude.

AUINSC on August 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I’m not sure that montage of clips with Bristol, Levi and her Dad is enough to make an informed opinion about his character in my opinion. Seemed to me he was just letting his daughter do most of the talking probably because the interview was mostly about her involvement in that teen pregnancy awareness program. It wasn’t the whole interview anyways. Maybe the snarky anti-Palin blog you linked the clip from was some of the influence on your Todd Palin opinion?

I’m not sold on Sarah Palin yet as our girl for 2012. But, I really do wish these folks could get at least a fair shot in the media. I lay off the negative comments about the folks on our side; especially when it’s something that just doesn’t mean anything in the big scheme of things. I figure the Liberal propaganda machine that we call our MSM will do that for us.

hawkdriver on August 10, 2010 at 6:24 AM

i miss “Tales From the Crypt.” It was about at this point in that program that someone like Levi Johnston would suffer a violent death

radjah shelduck on August 10, 2010 at 6:50 AM

radjah shelduck on August 10, 2010 at 6:50 AM

Heh. Of course, there’s always the chance that by “Hollywood logic”, they could have the Palins as equally bad and emerge as an entire family of the undead swooping down on the other bad guy Levi.

hawkdriver on August 10, 2010 at 7:16 AM

You guys are all mad if you think Levi and his idiot lawyer are doing this by themselves. Sarah was getting too powerful with her endorsements and all, so that even MSM had to concede that yes, indeed, she’s something, and hence they had to do something even worse to drag her into the gutter and suddenly this.

It’s sad that Bristol is a pious little girl who wants some stability in her life and readily trusted this idiot and I’ll allow that the trap was smoothly laid but this is something to really humiliate Sarah. Remember Mayor of Wasilly line from Obama campaign? They really hate her, all those rape comments,all that misogynistic hatred, all the snide scornful red state comments etc are all coming from the TOP. The left isn’t smart, they merely organize and attack well.

promachus on August 10, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Maybe “Ricky” will be the first Mayor of Wasilla to be impeached. If he handles his government responsibilities like he handles his family responsibilities he may even be indicted.

eaglewingz08 on August 10, 2010 at 7:38 AM

It’s really a sad statement about our society that this idea would even get past the planning stage. Levi is grasping at straws, desperately hanging on to his 15 minutes of fame, (which came about by chance, not by merit).

No matter how ridiculous it makes him look, no matter what his extended family feels about it, Levi will exploit himself, his family, at any cost, no matter the consequences. That is truly a wasted life.

scalleywag on August 10, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Levi Johnston got a teenage girl pregnant, and left her. Tells lies about her mother. Went and got another girl pregnant. Lied long enough to come back to the first girl, and then left her again.

Meanwhile he refuses to get a job and lives it up on someone else’s money.

Yes, Levi is a typical Palin hater. No wonder they keep this guy in the news.

Moesart on August 10, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Hmmmm.

@ AUINSC on August 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM

“Like I said…a very passive, wishy-washy, no-energy type of dude.”

No sale.

And what precisely should Todd Palin do? Beat the hell out of Levi? Oh yeah that’ll go over like gangbusters. Get active in politics? Create his own campaign and compete directly with his wife? Continue working for an oil company, BP was his last employer I believe, so that’ll completely rock because nobody would make an issue of Sarah Palin’s husband working for a major energy corporation.

Have you even spent 2 minutes thinking deeply about this?

Todd Palin is doing what he can for his wife by … not making himself a target. That is pretty much all he can do at this point because doing anything else will end up making not only himself a target but his wife and family as well.

Frankly I think your point is ill-considered and if you really want to continue it then I’d suggest you outline some concrete things that Todd Palin should do and include the pro vs con with an actively aggressive and hostile media included into the mix.

I’m sure you’ll find the cons vastly outweigh the pros.

memomachine on August 10, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Ugh. Sure someone already said this, but this is obviously a stunt to undermine Palin’s political credentials. If anyone, including this pond scum, can be mayor of Wasilla, and perhaps also become governor of Alaska, that just proves that her experience means nothing, that rubes in Alaska will vote for anyone, or both.

Here’s to hoping Levi fails. Hey, Bristol should run!!!!!!!

Firefly_76 on August 10, 2010 at 9:50 AM

I’m curious. What specific behavior of Todd Palin gives you this impression?
hawkdriver on August 9, 2010 at 10:56 PM
AUINSC on August 9, 2010 at 11:01 PM

that’s because he is man enough to undrstand that it wasn’t his place

unlike first ladies who need to impress

Mergaret thatchers husband was a good model

when asked who wears thepants he responded,” I do, and I fold them too”.

There is nothing weak about not needing to involve yourself with what isn’t your responsibilty

ps. After that many kids can you really believe this is an opportunistic arrangement?

Sonosam on August 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Like I said…a very passive, wishy-washy, no-energy type of dude.

AUINSC on August 10, 2010 at 12:00 AM

I think you are speaking of yourself and wishing you were Todd.

Todd is a quiet guy, who doesn’t like to play games and gets his work done so he can move on and move up. A go getter, as his whole family is.

I doubt you can say that about yourself.

upinak on August 10, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Let the left cozy up to him, let them completely embrace him……and see how it plays with Moderates and Independents.

Payback?………..January 20, 2013.

PappyD61 on August 10, 2010 at 12:54 PM

I just know this kid has got to have some pretty brawny bodyguards, otherwise, we probably wouldn’t be hearing much of him nowadays.

Just sayin.

RedbonePro on August 10, 2010 at 1:34 PM

This may be yet more hype with nothing actually taking place.
Who coulda thunk it.

Levi Johnston, Mayor of Wasilla? We Don’t Think So And Neither Does the Law

Levi Johnston does not live in the city of Wasilla. So automatically, he is disqualified. Not to mention, one needs to be twenty one years old to hold office, which as everyone should know by now, Levi is not.

So while the media is loving playing up this publicity stunt by Levi’s handlers, they never bothered to check basic facts. In light of this information, I doubt this “reality show” will end up going as planned. Once again, in a rush to harm Governor Palin, the press ends up looking foolish.

Brian1972 on August 10, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Nice to know that at least one village will know at all times where its idiot is.

Athanasius on August 10, 2010 at 9:05 PM

That boy’s a special kind of stupid. And iniquitous.

And blind, apparently.