Hmmm: Palin sends out fundraising letter … for the RNC

posted at 7:36 pm on August 6, 2010 by Allahpundit

Remember four months ago when she was demanding that they remove her name from an RNC fundraising invitation to donors? Some pol-watchers at the time took that as a sign that she was trying to distance herself from the Republican brand. (“Who wouldn’t want to be sort of seen as more of an outsider and that’s how she’s positioned herself.”) Fast-forward to today and suddenly she’s signing letters on their behalf. What gives? Two theories. One: She’s turned out to be such a good soldier and is so favorably disposed to Michael Steele that she’s willing to do a fundraising favor for an organization that desperately needs one right now to prepare for the midterms. Two: She really is eyeing a presidential run and wants to build a line of political credit with establishment types who aren’t big fans of hers at the moment.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive, of course.

In a surprising move given her reputation as a political outsider, Sarah Palin is helping the Republican National Committee raise money ahead of November’s elections…

“Millions of Americans are expressing their frustration with the state of our government. I join them and seek to return our country to greatness,” reads the letter, obtained by CNN Friday.

“To accomplish this, working within our two party system, I join the RNC – the political home for “Commonsense Conservatives” who want to re-take governance – and I ask you to join me,” the former Republican vice presidential nominee’s letter continues. “Let’s bring our new brand of Reagan conservatism to our party and the country!”

Translation: I know tea partiers and grassroots conservatives aren’t thrilled with Beltway Republicans, but it’s time to be smart and dig deep. How deep? Dude:

The Republican National Committee is entering the fall election season with dire financial problems and, to an unprecedented degree, will be forced to rely upon outside groups to fund activities traditionally paid for by the national party…

With $11 million on hand as of the end of June—and about $2 million in reported debt—the RNC’s paid get-out-the-vote (GOTV) effort will be limited to just targeted House races, POLITICO has learned.

And the committee is only going to be able to spend money on those relatively inexpensive House races thanks to a $10 million line of credit that was approved at the meeting here. Until then, said one incredulous Republican, there was no money available for paid GOTV activities like mailers and automated phone calls.

How bad is it? According to Politico, the RNC’s given $4 million to the NRSC and NRCC thus far, which is as much as it can spare. In 2006, it gave … $57 million. They’re so busted financially that they’re forced to crawl to Palin, the scourge of the “establishment,” and ask her to do what she can to help get the tap turned back on. Given how deeply the disgust runs among grassroots conservatives for Steele’s antics and RNC embarrassments, I’m skeptical that even she can make a dent.

On the other hand, you don’t need much dough if your message is irresistible. “Fire Pelosi!” works for me.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Sorry Sarah…. not going to do it.

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Sarah Palin: “Just when I think I’m out,….they pull me back in.”

portlandon on August 6, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Delicious. But I thought Romney was Mr Moneybags?

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Let me re-phrase that.

Steele steps down, then I might. Until then, no mo’ money for the RNC!

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM

On the plus side, Steele looks great in that $2 hat.

lorien1973 on August 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I wouldn’t send money to the RNC if Jesus himself asked me.

thomasaur on August 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Glad to see Cuda on board! This will be a win/win for everyone except the Democrats..as it should be. :)

PS..Is see helping Steele’s butt?..Her fundraising could help.

Dire Straits on August 6, 2010 at 7:42 PM

On the other hand, you don’t need much dough if your message is irresistible.

Also you don’t need much dough if the Dems are so undesirable.

Electrongod on August 6, 2010 at 7:43 PM

People on Newsbusters comments page are curious: Why the Michelle Antoinette news black-out around here on the lavish Spain extravaganza? If it was Sarah and Todd and a group of Palins we think there’d be half-a-dozen stories here so far.

Marcus on August 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Another brilliant move by Palin!

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Marcus on August 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM

That is an understatement..I’d expect 15..with coverage on all three networks.

Dire Straits on August 6, 2010 at 7:45 PM

Even among those who like Sarah Palin I don’t think this will fly!

sharrukin on August 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Another brilliant move by Palin!

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM

What’s the problem with it? If it doesn’t work, no biggie. If it does work, she’ll earn some favors from well-positioned people and gain some positive buzz for it. It’s a no-brainer.

Allahpundit on August 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Hell yeah! Sarah I’m sending some cash, plus a few pennies for all these broke haters on here

conservador on August 6, 2010 at 7:47 PM

This totally needed a heartache tag, Allah.

Red Cloud on August 6, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Establishment.

Good way to sum it up Allah.

Even Sarah’s going establishment.

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Allahpundit on August 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM

For some, if Sarah Palin did it, it must be dumb!

sharrukin on August 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Another brilliant move by Palin!

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Two years ago, Palin was not a household name. Now she is. That IS brilliance. If you can do better, than I’d be more accepting of your position on judging her brilliance! ;)

capejasmine on August 6, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Another brilliant move by Palin!

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM

What’s the problem with it?

Allahpundit on August 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Because she’s poison and hated!!

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Let me re-phrase that.

Steele steps down, then I might. Until then, no mo’ money for the RNC!

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Ditto that.

fourdeucer on August 6, 2010 at 7:49 PM

Allahpundit on August 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM

My comment has little to do with Palin’s letter and a lot to do with her fans turning everything she does, good or bad, into a brilliant move.

FWIW I think this is all about 2012 and I think she’s trying to get people in her corner. Not a bad way to do it, either.

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:50 PM

This is what happens when you spend money in the titty bars instead of for what it was donated for.

Sorta’ like the TARP funds. Fool me once…you can’t get fooled again.

BobMbx on August 6, 2010 at 7:50 PM

For some, if Sarah Palin did it, it must be dumb!

sharrukin on August 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Umm no. I am not going to support the RNC 1. Michael Steele (he is a loser for the RNC) 2. Mismanagement of money 3. Something smell WRONG with the RNC, even worse then usual.

I won’t be a part of it.

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 7:50 PM

First kick out the 2 hags o’Maine and McLettuce Ms Lindsey out of GOP, then we’ll talk.
Until then, eat dirt RNC on your way to he!!

macncheez on August 6, 2010 at 7:51 PM

RNC sux.

Palin, however, can do no wrong.

Loves her.

Aquateen Hungerforce on August 6, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Establishment.

Good way to sum it up Allah.

Even Sarah’s going establishment.

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Who’s playing whom?

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM

I disagree it might hurt her outsider brand however I think she doesn’t care since she wants to help the party.

TimeTraveler on August 6, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Another brilliant move by Palin!

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM

What’s the problem with it?

Allahpundit on August 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM

He’s just a perpetual smartass.

Brian1972 on August 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:50 PM

And if it weren’t for AP’s comment you’d be turning it into yet another Palin blunder.

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I won’t be a part of it.

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 7:50 PM

I know that, but the anti-Palin folks think that those who support her are drooling idiots who would back anything she does. This thread kinda proves that wrong.

sharrukin on August 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Another brilliant move by Palin!

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM

Why, yes it is — especially if you realize that the goal for conservatives is to take over the republican party from within. Palin knows a third party is not the answer. A takeover of a party that has woefully lost its way is.

KickandSwimMom on August 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 7:50 PM

You make good points..But It is good to see Sarah playing team ball. :)

Dire Straits on August 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM

KickandSwimMom on August 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Excellent post!..Rush has been preaching this for a long time. :)

Dire Straits on August 6, 2010 at 7:54 PM

The enemy of your enemy is your friend…for now.

Electrongod on August 6, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Allahpundit on August 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Sarah Palin wants Republicans to take back the House and Senate with the goal of we, the people getting our country back–that’s it.
There is strength in solidarity.
The DemocRats are going to be fighting with Big Money–(Maobama is coming to Dallas for a rally this week, for instance.
Dallas went 50+% of Maobama in 2008, but TX is very Red.)
If we can beat them with money as one of the tools in our NOvember tool bag, put me down for a contribution.
I want to beat those DemocRat b*st*rds!

Jenfidel on August 6, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Nope. Love the Cuda but I’m not giving money to the RNC. Not until I’m convinced they’ve learned their lesson. That’ll be awhile.

fesofee on August 6, 2010 at 7:55 PM

sharrukin on August 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I never said I backed her 100%. I have also never lied or couldn’t back up my arguements about her. I guess I am the orignial Palinista… but I also stand by my own morals. To me, this is wrong.

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Jenfidel on August 6, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Excellent post! Hear! Hear! :)

Dire Straits on August 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM

So now they want Cuda,interesting!!!

canopfor on August 6, 2010 at 7:58 PM

Not until I’m convinced they’ve learned their lesson. That’ll be awhile.

fesofee on August 6, 2010 at 7:55 PM

I hope that is before November. :)

Dire Straits on August 6, 2010 at 7:58 PM

He’s just a perpetual smartdumb ass.

Brian1972 on August 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM

thomasaur on August 6, 2010 at 7:58 PM

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM

The only way it’s a blunder is if it’s turned into “Palin is not an outsider anymore,” which is nonsense. Outsider or not, she’s going to need major party affiliation and the support of boring, mainstream RINO candyasses, and hitting up the rubes for money for them is a good way to get their candyassed support. They’ll remember that, and the people who love her will forgive her for doing stuff like this as long as she only does it occasionally.

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Or perhaps Steele caved
or Maybe she’s going use her money raising ability to co-opt the RNC and once in control force them sign on to her diabolical plan full of crazy stuff like lowering taxes, reducing regulation, taking pride in America, and other horrible, horrible actions.
I shudder at the thought of a strong proud American resurgent.
/S

LincolntheHun on August 6, 2010 at 7:59 PM

boring, mainstream RINO candyasses,
Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:59 PM

who might those be?

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 8:00 PM

I want to beat those DemocRat b*st*rds!

Jenfidel on August 6, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Jenfidel: And that is Mission Priority #1!!!:)

canopfor on August 6, 2010 at 8:00 PM

KickandSwimMom on August 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM

I’ve never believed any of that third party Sarah stuff.

She’s been a Republican since 1983 or so.

Anyone who is such a fan of Reagan’s career wouldn’t go third party when he specifically warned against it, and recommended taking the Republican Party more conservative as the only way to get it done.

I think she wants to reach out to those third party people and bring as many of them into her tent as possible. In Alaska that makes a lot of sense to do.

Nationally she has been pulling the GOP towards the Tea Party, and pulling the Tea Party towards the GOP.

I think her ultimate goal is to reunite the Reagan Coalition for 2012. She reached out to union membership just the other day. Reagan Democrats. Social conservatives, fiscal conservatives, national security conservatives.

That coalition reunited and fired up would be tough for the Democrats to beat.

Brian1972 on August 6, 2010 at 8:01 PM

To me, this is wrong.

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Agreed 100%.

Until Michael Steele is out and they start changing their conduct they should be starved of funds.

sharrukin on August 6, 2010 at 8:01 PM

who might those be?

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Republicans that don’t threaten secession or accuse President Obama of being an illegal immigrant…you know, moderates.

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:59 PM

You obviously don’t read her FB Notes–Sarah’s been asking us to support candidates with our votes and our money almost every day for months now…LOL

For those of us whom the recession hasn’t crunched yet, it’s something positive we can do to get our country back in the hands of some good folks with common sense who are accountable to the voters.

Jenfidel on August 6, 2010 at 8:02 PM

If Michael Steele really wanted to see a flood of money pouring in let him pass the RNC chairmanship over to Sarah Palin.

fourdeucer on August 6, 2010 at 8:02 PM

fourdeucer on August 6, 2010 at 8:02 PM

No.. pass it to someone else. Sarah is going for the touchdown. Hell, Newt could take this over. I think that may actually work.

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 8:04 PM

RNC goes to Palin = good.

Palin goes to RNC = bad.

The perception will likely be that the squishes, turncoats and inefficient backslappers/backstabbers at the RNC have received Palin’s seal of approval.

Hands across the aisle, and all that.

She’ll have to work hard to prove that all those Facebook postings and interviews weren’t meaningless image-building for someone who, at heart, is just another sleazy pol just like the rest.

MrScribbler on August 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Not one dime to the RNC nor any other Washington-based extension of the GOP. PERIOD!

michaelo on August 6, 2010 at 8:06 PM

This Palin fan’s response: hell no. Flush out the Augean Stables at the RNC and then get back to me. They don’t get to spend my money on coke-addled strippers again.

OhioCoastie on August 6, 2010 at 8:06 PM

=O

When the RNC called me asking for money last month, I said I was donating only to SarahPAC and direct candidates, and if they didn’t stand with her it would remain that way.

Now this.

I… need a drink and re-evaluate now that such a moment has occurred.

lansing quaker on August 6, 2010 at 8:07 PM

who might those be?

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 8:00 PM

upinak: Ummm,release the Kragan,Lindsey Graham,ring a
bell!!:)

canopfor on August 6, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Could it be that the establishment has finally realized a little something about Sarah and the TPE…….

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE

Sarah’s political instincts have pretty much been spot-on. I’m going to trust her on this one and send some dough.

Fishoutofwater on August 6, 2010 at 8:08 PM

theory number three Palin cut a deal in which she now controls the RNC..

unseen on August 6, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Who’s playing whom?

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Good question. We’ll have to see.

However, I just think its funny that Palin goes establishment and she could do no wrong in some (not all) eyes of her fans.

Yet Romney is blasted as an Establishment candidate even though he’s been out raising money for the RNC and many Republican candidates.

Just thought I’d point that out.

Either she’s gone establishment or she hasn’t. Which is it?

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:09 PM

MrScribbler on August 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Uh, no she won’t. They at the RNC have that task.

She’s got the street cred with the grassroots right.

They know it, and begged her to lend them some magic.

She knows they need to get some ground game going to get Pelosi out, so she helped them out.
Smart move for all concerned.

Brian1972 on August 6, 2010 at 8:09 PM

MrScribbler on August 6, 2010 at 8:05 PM

It’s quite obvious from her record and from just the type of person that she is that she’s never been “just another sleazy pol.”
“Just like the rest?”
When did Republicans turn into DemocRats?
The GOP is peopled by some fine men and women whom I happy to have represent me in that cesspool that is Washington D.C.

Jenfidel on August 6, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:09 PM

There’s a huge difference. Sarah Palin is still pretty much dog food to the Establishment, but dog food that can bring in lots of money. Mitt Romney’s been of the Establishment for a while.

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Fish, the Tea Partiers are the farthest thing from the Borg.

OhioCoastie on August 6, 2010 at 8:11 PM

They don’t get to spend my money on coke-addled strippers again.

OhioCoastie on August 6, 2010 at 8:06 PM

You do know this charge was proven to be false, don’t you?

Jenfidel on August 6, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I’ll bet the person in the RNC that was selected to ask her got the VERY SHORT STRAW. That really had to hurt.

CC

CapedConservative on August 6, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I send my $$ only to the candidates I LIKE. NY-23 taught me that.

UnderstandingisPower on August 6, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I would imagine that Palin now has direct control over the RNC behind the scences and Steele will do has he is told by Palin. what you people are seeing is a coup of epic portions before your eyes.

unseen on August 6, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Either she’s gone establishment or she hasn’t. Which is it?

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:09 PM

There is a third alternative…. establishment is going Palin.

CC

CapedConservative on August 6, 2010 at 8:14 PM

To me, this is wrong.

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Up, I don’t think it’s “wrong” per se, but it’s just one of those thing we disagree with her about. I’ve sent money to Sarahpac, her defense fund, and even to a few of the people she has endorsed. This is one endorsement without a donation. I understand her reasoning and agree with it from a strategic standpoint but no participation here.

CTSherman on August 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM

KickandSwimMom on August 6, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Exactly!

Palin has repeatedly said that she does not want a third=party movement. She is moving the RNC in a more conservative direction with this kind of support. I wouldn’t be surprised if the response to this mailer supersedes any other fundraising effort by the RNC.

onlineanalyst on August 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Sarah’s never been out of “the establishment” so I don’t know what you or AP means by this.

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:09 PM

What’s odd about Romney (and this goes for McCain, too) is that given their amorphous, flip-flopping and shifting positions on the issues, voters can’t tell if they’re conservative or even Republican.

Jenfidel on August 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM

CC

CapedConservative on August 6, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I’ll bet Micheal Steele did the begging personally.

Brian1972 on August 6, 2010 at 8:15 PM

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 8:11 PM

That is possible but what if she’s been a closeted establishment member all this time?

Which goes back to a question you raised earlier:

Who’s playing whom?

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Maybe the Palin fans got getting played?

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Another brilliant move by Palin!

Proud Rino on August 6, 2010 at 7:44 PM

What’s the problem with it?

Allahpundit on August 6, 2010 at 7:46 PM
He’s just a perpetual dumbsmartass.

Brian1972 on August 6, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Fixed it for you.

bw222 on August 6, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Yes, Jenfidel.

OhioCoastie on August 6, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Yes, Jenfidel.

OhioCoastie on August 6, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Well, if you know it was proven false, why do you keep stating it as if were true?

Jenfidel on August 6, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Either she’s gone establishment or she hasn’t. Which is it?

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:09 PM

when will you liberals understand. establishment is a state of mind not whaty or who someone talks with. Being of the establishment means you expound ideas that enrich your friends at the cost of the little guy without regard for rules, laws, regulations. It means that you think because of your money, position, friends that you are better than others.

Liberals will never understand. the dems talk about the little guy but they are of the establishment. To the typical images and talking points mean more than actions and character.

conservatives look at actions and character and disregard images and talking points. Like the mitt pick-up photo op today conservatives see an image but know the man and his actions and can seperate the two. liberals just see the pick-up truck and their heads explode

unseen on August 6, 2010 at 8:19 PM

There is a third alternative…. establishment is going Palin.

CC

CapedConservative on August 6, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Hmmmm…nope, not yet. No way, nohow.

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Nah, not possible. Palin’s building up IOUs and I don’t think she has any interest in fitting in with the Establishment. She knows she never will, and they’d never accept her anyway. I’m neutral on this one.

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 8:20 PM

It’s a technique known as hyperbole.

OhioCoastie on August 6, 2010 at 8:20 PM

If Palin runs for POTUS in 2012 she will be running to be leader of the REPUBLICAN PARTY and not the leader of the Tea Party, the conservative movement or the Libertarian Party. Thus she has to ensure that traditional Republican members see her as a party loyalist and that she is interested in furthering the interests of the party and not some flake who is going off to form or participate in a third party movement.

technopeasant on August 6, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Maybe the Palin fans got getting played?

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Now why would you be saying that?

Afraid of the insiders needing the outsider?

Brian1972 on August 6, 2010 at 8:23 PM

theory number three Palin cut a deal in which she now controls the RNC..

unseen on August 6, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I don’t see that theory happening.

Dire Straits on August 6, 2010 at 8:23 PM

Either she’s gone establishment or she hasn’t. Which is it?

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I just think she wants to kick ass in 2010!

Dire Straits on August 6, 2010 at 8:25 PM

To me, this is wrong.

upinak on August 6, 2010 at 7:56 PM

Agreed 100%.

sharrukin on August 6, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Harry Reid and the Bamster agree completely.

slickwillie2001 on August 6, 2010 at 8:29 PM

In one day:

Palin Shills for the RNC

Mitt Romney drives a Pick-up truck.

Role Reversal.

portlandon on August 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

theory number three Palin cut a deal in which she now controls the RNC..

unseen on August 6, 2010 at 8:09 PM
I don’t see that theory happening.

Dire Straits on August 6, 2010 at 8:23 PM

the proof is in the pudding. watch if the RNC starts showing Palin a lot more respect in the coming months or if they act like jerks and then you will have your answer.

Palin has backed up steele over and over. she has given him her endorsement at least twice that i know of. Steele has had to come to her. she got something out of the deal. And knowing Palin she made the RNC chariman pay and pay big. Palin has set the conditions the establishment came to her. she now owns them and they know it.

unseen on August 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I think most of you are missing an important fact. Karl Rove, Ed Gillespie, and Mike Duncan have hijacked the big RNC donors. They established an organization named American Crossroads and they have actively undermined the RNC.

Sure, Michael Steele has said some dumb things, but remember that Rove, Gillespie, and Duncan are Bushies who want to take us back to their own RINOworld.

You watch. American Crossroads will try to foist Romney on us. They are not interested in giving the power back to the people. They want the power back in their hands.

Palin has said she wants to help reform the RNC by supporting constitutional commonsense conservatives. I think Michael Steele wants the same thing. It’s gonna take money from the grassroots to defeat Rove and his buddies.

What are we gonna do? Are we gonna surrender to Rove and his Bushie buddies, or are we gonna follow Palin’s lead and take back our party so that we can take back our country

NoNails on August 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Which goes back to a question you raised earlier:

Who’s playing whom?

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Maybe the Palin fans got getting played?

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:16 PM

If it defeats Democrats, I couldn’t care less. As Gen Marshall said, there’s no limit to what you can do if you don’t care who gets credit.

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

On the other hand, you don’t need much dough if your message is irresistible.

Her lust for power is mythical
Although of her statist kind not at all atypical
She’s dirtier than New York in the summertime
Getting rid of her would be so fine
How can her as speaker even be permissible
When she’s compromised every constitutional principle?
Is she the one to hold the house gavel
When most of what she speaks is inane babble?
Fixing her would be undoable
The proof is simply irrefutable
If the voters are not completely pliable
Her demise will simply be irresistible

Cheshire Cat on August 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

If Palin wants to rebuild the Reagan coalition, which she does, she has to do it within the Republican Party. The TEA Party isn’t enough. She has successfully squashed all the third party speculation that the Democrats were trying to fan, and now she’s trying to earn her Beltway Street Cred.

Why, you ask?

The graverobbers who ran the party into the ground, Rove, Gillespie, and the rest of the Bushies, have formed a group called America’s Crossroads. Basically they are trying to corner all the Pioneer Money from the Bush days so they can make sure Mittens is the 2012 sacrificial lamb and Jeb enacts the Restoration in 2016. They want no part of the Reagan People taking over the Party again.

They like Reagan where he is: buried. Palin knows that if she doesn’t have any influence with the RNC, she can’t do any good in Washington. Just having Fred Malek hanging around won’t hack it. There are too many Romney and Bush stooges hanging around waiting for low hanging fruit.

This is why she is doing this now.

victor82 on August 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Palin has never been coy about her support for the party and the idea of strengthened and unified republican party true to its roots. This is an excellent move, once again. And once head of the party as president, she’ll clear out the deadwood and RINOS and realign it toward commonsense conservatism.

rrpjr on August 6, 2010 at 8:31 PM

The first episode of “Sarah Palin’s Alaska,” the television series which will explore the former governor’s home state and its residents, will be cablecast Nov. 14 at 8 PM Texas Time on TLC, the network announced Friday:

The eight-part series, produced by reality king Mark Burnett, will feature the former Alaskan governor, her family, and for at least one episode, Kate Gosselin and her children.

TLC President Eileen O’Neill said that at the Television Critics Association press tour that the show is going “extremely well.” She added that “it’s become clear that it takes a special individual to thrive in Alaska.”

O’Neill, who spent time up North during filming, says it takes a “special individual to survive in Alaska” and that the Palins are “incredibly outdoorsy.”
Among the “outdoorsy” activities Gov. Palin will be engaged in on the series will be camping, salmon fishing, and glacier hiking.

unseen on August 6, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Harry Reid and the Bamster agree completely.

slickwillie2001 on August 6, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Can you tell me the difference between Michael Steele and most Democrats? Seems to me they are in it for themselves and little else.

sharrukin on August 6, 2010 at 8:32 PM

unseen on August 6, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I’m not a liberal.

Secondly, Establishment can be a state of mind but it can also be who you associate with.

Finally, establishment doesn’t mean you espouse ideas that enrich your friends and the expense of the poor or idea that you’re better than others.

That has never been a definition of establishment.

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 8:20 PM

She very well could be playing the crowd or she isn’t.

Neither one of us can prove it either way if she is or isn’t playing the crowd.

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:33 PM

This is why she is doing this now.

victor82 on August 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

+1000

This is a well reasoned hypothesis Victor82. Thank you for presenting it.

portlandon on August 6, 2010 at 8:33 PM

victor82 on August 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I like this theory. Would love to hear more.

rrpjr on August 6, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I’ll come back to the RNC if:

1. Steele resigns, and
2. I get a FIRE PELOSI ball cap!!

Khun Joe on August 6, 2010 at 8:35 PM

In one day:

Palin Shills for the RNC

Mitt Romney drives a Pick-up truck.

Role Reversal.

portlandon on August 6, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Please.

Romney driving the pickup truck in that $300.00 white linen shirt and Italian tie complete with cuffs has all the authenticity of Julius Streicher showing up as the opening act for Dangerfield in the Catskills.

Who the he!! does the catering for Mittens, anyway?

victor82 on August 6, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Good way to sum it up Allah.

Even Sarah’s going establishment.

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 7:48 PM

As opposed to your boy Romney??? please…

Anyway the RNC, I beleive, called me a couple of weeks ago and I told them that I only gave to SarahPac and directly to candidates that she endorses and I imagine a lot of us do…I don’t know who is really a conservative or not or who is a real Tea Party candidate and who is a democrat party plant so I trust who Palin endorses or gives a shout out to… So if she wants us to help out the RNC…then I guess I can send them a few bucks…but only a few… until they get a clue…

CCRWM on August 6, 2010 at 8:38 PM

That has never been a definition of establishment.

Like porn, I know it when I see it.

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 8:20 PM

She very well could be playing the crowd or she isn’t.

Neither one of us can prove it either way if she is or isn’t playing the crowd.

Conservative Samizdat on August 6, 2010 at 8:33 PM

The point is, the establishment apparently needs her, and not the other way around at the moment.

ddrintn on August 6, 2010 at 8:39 PM