Wow: 81% of Nevada Republicans say they’re certain to vote on election day

posted at 8:37 pm on August 3, 2010 by Allahpundit

The bad news? Angle’s standing has slipped sufficiently far among registered voters that Reid now leads her by … 16 points. The good news? Nevada GOPers hate him so much that they’d walk through a tornado to get to the polling place. Fully 81 percent say they’re certain to vote compared to just 64 percent of Dems, which practically guarantees that the race will be close no matter how badly Angle screws up.

The worst news? Even with a 17-point lead on enthusiasm, among likely voters she … still trails by four points. Gulp.

Here’s the soon-to-be-viral clip of her telling Carl Cameron that her media strategy is to “have the press be our friend” and to “ask the questions we want to answer so that they report the news the way we want it to be reported.” Three possible reactions. (1) So what? All candidates secretly feel that way even if they don’t say so. It proves her authenticity. (2) Yeah, that’s embarrassing given her habit of avoiding tough interviews, but we’re in campaign mode here so let’s not mention it. (3) *Facepalm.* If you’re inclined towards door number three, take comfort in the fact that she’s bringing in a new communications director and this afternoon launched a new broadside against Reid hitting him for his support of, er, coked-up stimulus monkeys. Feel better?

Comments

Today is voting day in Michigan, Missouri, and Kansas. Chat with us HERE. We’d love to hear from people in any of those states and everyone from anywhere is welcome to give their 2 cents as well.

Here’s to hoping true conservatives have a BIG night!

dnlchisholm on August 3, 2010 at 8:39 PM

I love this blog.

Purple Fury on August 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Door number four :
It makes the point that the media is friendly to liberals, and conservatives wish the media would be friendly rather than adversarial.

Lame : Losers wanting to be part of the insider clique while the liberals and celebrity news presenters laugh at the poor loser.

Skandia Recluse on August 3, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I’m going with door number one and giving her credit for telling it like it is. DC might benefit from this.

jeanie on August 3, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I love this blog.

Purple Fury on August 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Ain’t that the truth … !

HadaAbeche on August 3, 2010 at 8:44 PM

coked-up stimulus monkeys

But enough about the Senate majority…

theperfecteconomist on August 3, 2010 at 8:45 PM

this is ABH(anyone but harry) time…

cmsinaz on August 3, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Ain’t that the truth … !

HadaAbeche on August 3, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Ditto!

cmsinaz on August 3, 2010 at 8:46 PM

…..

Tell me you believe that.

artist on August 3, 2010 at 8:46 PM

The only way the new communications director does her any good is if he does interviews for her, or at the very least feed her answers through an earpiece and pray her brain will function properly enough to repeat them.

Mark1971 on August 3, 2010 at 8:47 PM

this is ABH(anyone but harry) time…

cmsinaz on August 3, 2010 at 8:45 PM

The problem is they can pull the lever for None Of the Above.

bluemarlin on August 3, 2010 at 8:48 PM

New staff? Good.

Focusing on issues no one will care about instead of saving fire for the economy and deficit? Bad.

amerpundit on August 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM

The problem is they can pull the lever for None Of the Above.

bluemarlin on August 3, 2010 at 8:48 PM

dang it, forgot about that…

cmsinaz on August 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM

You don’t see the sarcasm in her grin and hear it in her voice AP? Reid may ultimately win this race but it’ll only be due to the vast amount of money he’s spending trying to tear her apart.

Mock her if you will; this is not a national election.

BKeyser on August 3, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Prop C in Missouri with 46 of 3354 precincts reporting is 72.8% Yes and 27.2% No.

Vince on August 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Good grief.

I can barely watch her clips without cringing.

swamp_yankee on August 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Vince on August 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM

thanks for the update

cmsinaz on August 3, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Mark1971 on August 3, 2010 at 8:47 PM

What? Did Angle sleep with your Dad or something? Your Mom?

Vince on August 3, 2010 at 8:55 PM

And by the way, the problem with Angle isn’t that she is conservative. Her brand of conservatism has been winning in other, more difficult parts of the country.

The problem is Angle’s campaign itself. It’s like there’s a new facepalm-worthy error every time you turn around.

amerpundit on August 3, 2010 at 8:55 PM

amerpundit on August 3, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I want to see the whole interview, not just 26 seconds. Hmmmm. Maybe they have it on Fox.

Vince on August 3, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Vince on August 3, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Does your mom sell potato chips? I saw her out on the street corner the other day screaming, “Lays! Lays! $1.00!”

Mark1971 on August 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM

What is the others’ excuse?

Schadenfreude on August 3, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I hate how the press twisted every harmless utterance by Palin as something written from Mein Kampf. I stuck up here for Sharron, but this video shows something that exhibit utter inexplicable stupidity. She has been known as arrogant before and you have to be a callous moron to repeatedly ignore the gravity of her remarks in a state that Obama won. When she’s elected, she’ll be OUR problem.

Apologetic California on August 3, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Chrissy Matthews was having a field day with this today.

davek70 on August 3, 2010 at 9:00 PM

At the national level, “Anyone But X” campaigns don’t tend to work. On a state level things are different. Reid may be so hated that Angle would have to either publicly use a racial slur, be caught with an underage prostitute or possibly murder someone to actually lose this race.

Good Solid B-Plus on August 3, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Perhaps we know now why Sarah Palin has not enndorsed her.

technopeasant on August 3, 2010 at 9:01 PM

She’ll easily win when people start focusing on the election and realize Harry Reid is a douche.

SouthernGent on August 3, 2010 at 9:06 PM

She should just be able to run on what a screw up Reid is and that the most powerful man in the Senate hasn’t been able to keep Nevada from being close to the top in both unemployment and home foreclosures. It seems easy enough.

Cindy Munford on August 3, 2010 at 9:06 PM

When she’s elected, she’ll be OUR problem.

Apologetic California on August 3, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Ok, I have not followed Angle very much but in this scenario, isn`t she is all we have to hope for? I will take her as a problem to make Hary Reid unemployed.

bluemarlin on August 3, 2010 at 9:07 PM

It’s funny how so many can forget “The war is lost” and ObamaCare. I’d vote for Sharron Angle’s dog.

Marcus on August 3, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Mark1971 on August 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Ha! My Mom’s 85 years old and she gets more than a dollar for her chips.

Vince on August 3, 2010 at 9:09 PM

This poll is crazy wrong!

Real Clear Politics latest has Reid up by only +2.2 points, not even close to 16.

Jenfidel on August 3, 2010 at 9:10 PM

If Reid wins this one, I may just write off Nevada. Really!

petefrt on August 3, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Reid hated? You betcha!

Mojave Mark on August 3, 2010 at 9:11 PM

There are no opponents of O-care or O-amnesty in America. Never! No, fellow Democrat members of Congress, I am not scared of losing my seat and neither should you be!

Search for the truth. I tell you things and I always ask you to verify what I say. I told you yesterday that there are no dissatisfied people in America. You can go and visit Nevada. No dissatisfied person there. No one at all. There are only supporters of mine and Barack Obama. Everything is okay.

By Obama, I think my defeat is very unlikely. Any talk of my defeat is merely a prattle. The fact is that as soon as my opponents reach Nevada’s borders, we besiege them and slaughter them, especially if they are Arizonians. Wherever my opponents go in Nevada they will find themselves encircled by millions of my supporters. The Tea Partiers will be burnt. We are going to tackle them. We are going to hit them with shoes! My opponents are committing suicide by the thousands once they enter Nevada. Be assured, My Senate seat is safe, protected.

Luka on August 3, 2010 at 9:12 PM

It’s a 26 second clip of an interview! I am not good at this stuff but I could not find the interview on Fox. She has brought in Rudy’s guy to handle her message though.

Vince on August 3, 2010 at 9:12 PM

I think she’s being facetious, but I don’t know her well enough to say.

Rose on August 3, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Look, Angle’s run a poor campaign, but Reid is so toxic his son isn’t even using his last name anymore when he can avoid it.

Good Solid B-Plus on August 3, 2010 at 9:14 PM

the real reason Allah attacks Sarah Palin and her family is he is a sexist piece of garbage willing to trash Palin to get the nodding approval from his liberal media friends and overlords.

Mr Purple on August 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM

I love this blog.

Purple Fury on August 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Are you sure?

You-Eh-Vee on August 3, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Luka on August 3, 2010 at 9:12 PM

You just made me think of who it was who holed up in Las Vegas in Stephen King`s, The Stand.

bluemarlin on August 3, 2010 at 9:15 PM

Lol.

Sorry Mr Purple. Confused you with another purple poster.

My bad.

You-Eh-Vee on August 3, 2010 at 9:16 PM

I love this blog.

Purple Fury on August 3, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Purple Fury:Yup,I couldn’t wait to join,
Learn it,Live it,Love it,Blog it!!

canopfor on August 3, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Sharron Angle is textbook tea party, and she is proof that the tea party just don’t understand politics. *at all*.

You can’t sit out for a decade and then suddenly snap your fingers and demand people heed your demands.

Good luck having the media be your friend, tea party. Us common sense Conservatives will stick with reality.

NoStoppingUs on August 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM

well, there’s really nothing funny about this situation. a wingnut vs. a crook…a professional pol/crook.

we could have had a much better chance with either of the two R candidates.

sure, i’ll take the wingnut any day over a crook…she wouldn’t be the first wingnut in the senate…but the clock is ticking. we can stop playing stupid games with politics or get serious candidates. the stakes are high

r keller on August 3, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Allah never lets one down. You look up Eeyore in the dictionary, and there’s a picture of Allah, framed in gold leaf, holding his cat!

The election is THREE MONTHS AWAY. Literally anything can happen.

This is stupid as people freaking out over the heavily edited hit piece the Perky One did on Palin, where they declared her political life was over!

If Nevada votes for Reid over Angle it should be thrown out of the union.

gary4205 on August 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Shame they didn’t have a GOP candidate with a functioning brain available in the entire state of Nevada.

Jaibones on August 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Interesting,Sharon will soon learn the ways of the
MSM,and I do hope that she knows when,she’s getting
set-up!!

Once the msm screw’s one over,and mis-reports
what she didn’t say,Sharon Angle,hopefully will
find out,that the media,isn’t her friend!!

But,I’m biased towards Fox News,the only media
Sharon should trust!!

canopfor on August 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I think she’s being facetious, but I don’t know her well enough to say.

Rose on August 3, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Isn’t that the problem?

Angle is not running a poor campaign, she’s just not a good candidate. She has a long history of losing races in Nevada. The primary is over, but I still think it was stupid for the base to treat Lowden like some villain because she was the “establishment” candidate.

Obama did carry Nevada by 12 points.

I don’t know how Angle is going to make inroads in Clark County. She just has to be quiet and hope all the Democrats stay home. And please let there be no debates.

swamp_yankee on August 3, 2010 at 9:25 PM

bluemarlin on August 3, 2010 at 9:15 PM

another good movie

Baby, can you dig your man?

cmsinaz on August 3, 2010 at 9:26 PM

But,I’m biased towards Fox News,the only media
Sharon should trust!!

canopfor on August 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I am not so sure about Cameron, he is the one who ran with Palin not knowing where Africa was, I think. the way he reported it was not the way that conversation went. He seemed generally pleased to be reporting that, again, if I remember.

bluemarlin on August 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Jaibones on August 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Jaibones: Maybe swap Angle for Basil Marceaux!!:)

(I’m Kidding)==========

canopfor on August 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Feel better?

Vyce on August 3, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I don’t blame Angle or her campaign at all. As far as I can tell she advocates a limited form of government which is what this country was founded on. I blame the ignorance of a large portion of the American electorate. Its a sad day when even one poll has this tool Harry Reid even remotely close to her after all the damage he has done to this country. Sadly, we have reached the point where the leeches in society or the ignorant masses have equaled or surpassed the numbers of educated, well-informed members of society. We should never stop fighting this scourge, but at this point we are the equivalent of the British stranded at Dunkirk. God help us all.

RobbBond on August 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM

swamp_yankee on August 3, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Agreed. Lowden or Tarkanian would’ve won and either of them would be ahead of Reid right now and running a must stronger campaign.

Elections have consequences. Including primaries.

MikeknaJ on August 3, 2010 at 9:31 PM

RobbBond on August 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Well, with all due respect you are not being realistic about the world or the way politics and elections work.

Just because someone has the right viewpoints doesn’t mean they are going to be a great candidate. I love my personal politics, but if the voters of CA decided to write me in and put me up for election against Boxer, I’d lose. Because I do not have the right other giftings necessary to win an election in today’s world.

It takes more than just a worldview. You can be 100% Tea Party approved on every single issue and still be a bad candidate for office because you don’t have the right kinds of other talents necessary to get elected and to lead. Anyone can call themselves a leader, but if no one is following you then you’re really not one.

Hopefully Angle proves everyone wrong and pulls it together before November.

MikeknaJ on August 3, 2010 at 9:35 PM

canopfor on August 3, 2010 at 9:23 PM
=====================

bluemarlin on August 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM

bluemarlin:Ugh,I’ll make a mental note of that!:)

canopfor on August 3, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Luka on August 3, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Baghdad Bob, AKA Dingy Harry lives, breaths and spouts meaningless drivel and falsehoods so outrageous only the truly insane would believe!
THE WAR IS LOST for Dingy Harry!
Couldn’t happen to a more deserving, lying, crapweasal!

dhunter on August 3, 2010 at 9:39 PM

RobbBond on August 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Wrong. For the majority of us, there’s no real option to evacuate if we fail, not for long at any rate.

We’re more like the defenders at Helms Deep…with our reinforcements consist of a ditzy snowbilly leading a band of ‘Tea Partiers’ who haven’t so much as thrown a box of Lipton in a duck pond.

May the Almighty see fit to help us, or we are screwed.

Dark-Star on August 3, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Mark1971 on August 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM
=———————————————
Ha! My Mom’s 85 years old and she gets more than a dollar for her chips.

Vince on August 3, 2010 at 9:09 PM

====================================================

Oh gawd,that exchange was a hoot you two!!:)

canopfor on August 3, 2010 at 9:43 PM

I understand exactly how politics work. I’m lamenting the fact that they work this way. We have gotten to the point where it’s all style over substance. We have gotten to the point where words are parsed and unintended meanings are found in order to paint the candidates a certain way. We have gotten to the point where it doesn’t matter whether you’re right or wrong on an issue, it matters how you poll when you express that opinion. This is all due to the fact that a majority of Americans do not look at these issues in-depth from an educated perspective and/or they benefit directly from the corrupt nature of politicians like Reid. To be sure, this has probably always gone on to some extent or another. But it is at such a heightened state now that it threatens the very foundation of our great Republic.

RobbBond on August 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM

81% of Nevada Republicans say they’re certain to vote on election day

But how many are going to vote for Angle?

BacaDog on August 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM

81% of Nevada Republicans say they’re certain to vote on election day

But how many are going to vote for Angle?

BacaDog on August 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Here’s a clue: you don’t get people saying they’re turning out this strongly to reelect the incumbent.

Jenfidel on August 3, 2010 at 9:47 PM

But how many are going to vote for Angle?

BacaDog on August 3, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Considering her opponent ALL OF EM!

dhunter on August 3, 2010 at 9:48 PM

May the Almighty see fit to help us, or we are screwed.

With all due respect, you are wrong. The problem isn’t with the Tea Party, for which you have an irrational disdain. The problem is with an American electorate which would accept Harry Reid’s outrageous transgressions and choose to re-elect him. This is a problem that goes well beyond Angle. And, it won’t be solved by eradicating a Tea Party and supporting establishment candidates. It won’t be solved until the majority of the American people become educated on the proper and intended role of govt in this country and look beyond the inconsequential “style” of a candidate and look to the substance.

RobbBond on August 3, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Simma down now, people.

I remember when Jon Corzine appeared to actually be leading in a couple of polls last year. Even Creigh Deeds was close to even with Bob McDonnell at one point, and there was a little surge in the polss when the Washington Post dropped the thesis bomb on McDonnell.

In the end it didn’t matter. I don’t think Reid could win this election against a seal.

rockmom on August 3, 2010 at 9:53 PM

If she/Nevada GOP piss this opportunity away, I’m going to blow a gasket.

Midas on August 3, 2010 at 9:58 PM

RobbBond on August 3, 2010 at 9:51 PM

If that’s true, then we are well and truly f00ked at this point, and may as well go ahead and either revolt or make plans to move elsewhere.

Midas on August 3, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Midas on August 3, 2010 at 10:00 PM

At the very least wait until the 2010 elections. But if you don’t even win those by a healthy margin, not even the craziest gambler would put money on us recovering.

The bare minimum will be to win a supermajority in Congress; then it’ll at least be humanly possible to steamroll the Executive branch.

Dark-Star on August 3, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Midas on August 3, 2010 at 10:00 PM

I won’t comment directly for fear of having my account suspended by that kindly and noble Allahpundit.

RobbBond on August 3, 2010 at 10:10 PM

If Reid wins this one, I may just write off Nevada. Really!

petefrt on August 3, 2010 at 9:10 PM

I’m planing on going to Vegas in Jan. or Feb., not ordering my flight till after the Nov. election’s, if they are stupid enough to re-elect Harry again they don’t need my money and they won’t get it.

heshtesh on August 3, 2010 at 10:16 PM

I’m just aghast that Republicans in Nevada, given a golden opportunity to rid themselves of the hated Reid, have fielded a candidate so bad that Harry may get a reprieve. What were you thinking?

NNtrancer on August 3, 2010 at 11:03 PM

NNtrancer on August 3, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Sharron Angle isn’t a bad candidate at all, but it suits the MSM (and AP) to paint her as such, because the idea of Harry Reid being defeated makes them sick!
Good.

Jenfidel on August 3, 2010 at 11:08 PM

“In this closely watched Senate race, Sharron Angle, the Republican Senate nominee for Nevada, is a proverbial “come back kid”. Never count her out. Sen. Harry Reid and Sharron Angle are locked in a dead heat, says a very recent poll for the Las Vegas Review-Journal and local Las Vegas KLAS-TV, Channel 8.

Senator Harry Reid, against who Angle is competing for a Nevada Senate seat this November, brands Angle as being a quirky extremist. Angle on the other hand boldly brands herself as a “Conservative Republican”.

Angle has suggested that a number of agencies of the federal government be eliminated, and that Social Security allow younger Americans a chance to privatize part of their future retirement income. Angle would fight for simplifying the tax code. She would cut taxes on individuals and small businesses–the real creators of new jobs and wealth. She would return America to its rightful owners–the People, and shrink the size of government. Angle would fight to repeal Obamacare. These are all ideas which contrast her well with Harry Reid who has done as much as any person to bury Nevada in the unemployment and home foreclosures that it is experiencing, with no end in sight.

Angle is essentially a strong proponent of a small Federal government. She believes that problems are best solved at the state and local levels, and that we need to get the central government out of our daily lives wherever possible.

These ideas are resonating well with Nevada voters and comprise a vision that is bringing an increasing number of Nevada voters to her side.

Rather than brand Angle, a diminutive fire ball of a person, as an extremist for these ideas, she might be described more correctly as “bold and sensible”. Sharron Angle has a fundamental understanding of what makes America great–its people.

One thing is for certain, the state of Nevada is not flourishing under Harry Reid. Nevada is in terrible pain. Its unemployment rate and home foreclosure rate are among the highest in the nation. Nevadans are out of work, out of their homes, and running out of time. Harry Reid is not the answer. Sharron Angle is a fresh start for Nevada, and it would be a big mistake for the Reid camp to count her out of this race! As a matter of fact, the momentum now belongs to Angle, and she is well on her way to going to the Senate to give Nevadans a fresh new start, and hope for new policies and legislation that will drive a nail into the intrusive,unpopular,fiscally irresponsible and ineffective back door policies and legislation of Harry Reid,Nancy Pelosi and the Obama administration”.– By Houstonjac

I thought this was a good statement about Sharron Angle. I think the polls here in NV are about 45 to 43 with Reid leading. I don’t know where that 16 points is coming from. I don’t know one person voting for Harry this year. The Tea Party is going to have a convention here in October and that should push some votes for Sharron Angle. I was at the Tea Party in Searchlight NV in March and people are very enthusiastic about getting rid of Harry Reid. I haven’t seen any change of minds since then. Sharron has some great ads against Harry and I believe she just got a new person to run her campaign. She will refine herself and get better. Hang in there and Vote Anybody but Reid.

KCinLV on August 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM

I don’t know what makes Nevadans tick because I’ve only been there twice but one would have to wonder if the people down there would be so brain dead as to keep Reid the sniveler in office. I live in Oregon (not Portland) and we have had our state completely “fundamentally transformed” by Californians to the point there is practically no difference in the political climate. This may also be the malady Nevadans have suffered. No matter who they might elect it would have to be a success of some measure just to be rid of Harry the Kingfish. I wish them luck.

LarryG on August 3, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Harry Reid is so out of the loop with Nevadans that he only shows up in the state for photo ops where he tries to make himself look good. He is not fooling anyone. It is pathetic to see the ads he runs about all the jobs he brought to the state or saved when we know better. We are over 14% unemployment, highest in foreclosures and bankruptcies. Obama blasted people coming to Las Vegas and we losts millions of dollars in lost revenues. Where was Harry? Hiding behind his desk. And guess who was here 2 weeks ago pumping up Harry Reid, you got it, Obama. Harry is not a senator I am proud of. We will vote the bums out in November. Everyone in every state must do the same thing. If you just take a look at Sen. Tom Coburn and Sen. John McCain’s new report on how the stimulus money was WASTED for the dumbest things, you won’t have a problem. Vote these people out and get some common sense back in Washington.

KCinLV on August 3, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Oh my, what have NV Republicans wrought? Good thing she’s not blonde.

exdeadhead on August 4, 2010 at 12:29 AM

A bit of misinformation floating around here …

… She has a long history of losing races in Nevada.

Angle was 4 for 4 in state Assembly races, including one when GOP establishment redistricted her to try to oust her.

She lost by less than 1/2 of 1 % (421 votes) to Dean Heller in the 2006 primary for Congressional District 2.

She lost 47% to 53% against incumbent state Senator and GOP king-maker and big tax and spender Bill Raggio, when then GOP chair Sue Lowden walked neighborhoods for Raggio in a GOP primary (sic). Raggio and Lowden are VERY tight – he sits on her casino board.

So 4 for 6, and one loss a real squeaker. Not quite a “long history of losing” – unless you’re writing a Reid press release.

I don’t know how Angle is going to make inroads in Clark County….
swamp_yankee on August 3, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Angle won Clark County (Las Vegas) with 38% (only slightly smaller than her state-wide 40%), Lowden 30%, Tark 22%. Angle lives in Reno (400+ miles from Las Vegas), while both Lowden and Tark are both well-known Vegas locals. How’s THAT for inroads??

Look at the primary results – Lowden and Tark did pretty poorly.

Five days before the primary, Mason Dixon had it Angle 32%, Lowden 23%, Tark 24%. A few days later, results were Angle 40%, Lowden 26%, Tark 23%.

All that said, Reid’s professional and well-funded campaign can’t get any better or spend at a faster rate (2nd qtr. he spent more than he took in, and Angle out-raised him same qtr.), and his/Obama’s record can’t improve before November.

Angle’s campaign can only get better – much better!

BTW – several Las Vegas unions are approaching Angle’s campaign – not the out-of-state bosses – the members, and in a big way.

I only hope Rudy’s ex-spokesman doesn’t try to change Angle’s stances – just the wording.

For instance, instead of saying, “My job as a Senator is not to bring jobs to Nevada”, but rather “My job as a U.S. Senator is to improve the entire country’s economy by reducing taxes, streamlining and reducing regulations, and promoting an even playing field. The free market will determine winners and losers. Harry Reid, on the other hand, plays earmarks galore and peddles influence to pick winners and losers, all the while spending our taxes to do so.”

fred5678 on August 4, 2010 at 12:41 AM

When THIS STORY is well-publicized, Harry will be a definite loser.

Nevadans want an Arizona-like immigration law, which has been introduced in the NV state assembly.

Nevada leads the country in the unemployment rate.

So when Nevadans realize that Harry Reid personally gave 300,000 construction jobs to illegal aliens, who will they vote for?

fred5678 on August 4, 2010 at 12:50 AM

Just a test to see if a specific comment is getting blocked.

fred5678 on August 4, 2010 at 1:18 AM

NNtrancer on August 3, 2010 at 11:03 PM

Without outsiders’ meddling, Nevada Republicans would have picked Sue Lowden in all likelihood. But the Tea Express Party and Club for Growth, supposedly champions against an intrusive central government, had to barge in, dropping money and activists into the state. Now we see the result of their hubris. Instead of a comfortable victory that would net us a reliable conservative vote in the Senate, we’re heading for a humiliating defeat.

year_of_the_dingo on August 4, 2010 at 7:21 AM

RobbBond on August 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Boohoo. You might as well blame Angle’s travail on the deep malaise that has griped our country.

year_of_the_dingo on August 4, 2010 at 7:34 AM

You might as well blame Angle’sReid’s travail on the deep malaise that has griped our country.

year_of_the_dingo on August 4, 2010 at 7:34 AM

FIFY!

I gave $ to Sue Lowden, but I’m sure Angle’s gonna beat Dingy Harry!

Jenfidel on August 4, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Wow, tough critics here. Reid has vast name recognition, and she’s coming through the usual national liberal press fires. Same as Rand. And she’s still only 4 points behind.

Me? I’d say that’s very promising.

AnninCA on August 4, 2010 at 8:01 AM

I’d vote for the illegal alien that washes Harry Reid’s car every weekend before I’d vote for Harry Reid.

angryed on August 4, 2010 at 8:27 AM

fred5678 on August 4, 2010 at 12:41 AM

As long as most of the “winners” are in Nevada and the “losers” aren’t, the average Nevada voter doesn’t care. I would say this applies to most states.

Speedwagon82 on August 4, 2010 at 8:33 AM

Look, she held in her whackiness until she won the nomination (the press and friends are not two words that should be in the same sentence). I love the Tea Party and support it but the movement must be careful of the candidates they support. The left are praying that the Tea Party chooses the nuttiest candidates that can be found.

allstonian on August 4, 2010 at 8:39 AM

She might still be able to pull it off but I wish we had a Chris Christie candidate out there that would beat Reid so badly as to have him scurry home with his tail between his legs.

scalleywag on August 4, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Allahpundit you can’t quote the enthusiasm gap and then use a model THAT DOESN”T USE IT to say she trails. SHE DOESN”T TRAIL AMONG THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SHOWING UP.

A FOUR POINT SURVEY GAP DOESN’T OVERCOME A 17 POINT TURNOUT GAP.

They would like to depress you and are succeeding AS ALWAYS!

Conan on August 4, 2010 at 9:29 AM

She forgot to spell Sharron.

Jaynie59 on August 4, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Yawn, yet another lame Angle thread.

Look at InTrade. Look at the RCP Poll average. Angle is better positioned to win than both Marco Rubio and Carla Fiorina. If you wish to vent about a candidates falling behind, go with them instead.

Norwegian on August 4, 2010 at 10:45 AM

She has been out of political office since 2005. That is a pretty long time in politics. Romney has only been out since 2006 and that seems very long ago to some people.

Speedwagon82 on August 4, 2010 at 12:24 PM

fred5678 on August 4, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Send her your resume.

Akzed on August 4, 2010 at 1:31 PM

It is no accident repugnicans are messing this up. They work very hard at it.

borntoraisehogs on August 4, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Yes, all those happy GOP voters won’t vote for Reid. These polls you put up are about as good as the polls before the election in MO on the ObamaCare referendum. There’s a lot more determined voters that aren’t being polled by the pollsters than you think. But keep trying to worry folks. It makes for funny reading. Better than the comic strips I used to read in the LAT that I haven’t been paying to receive in about 2 decades. I guess I need something to fill my time and funny bone.

Sultry Beauty on August 4, 2010 at 4:27 PM