Video: The campaign ad of the year?

posted at 9:52 pm on August 2, 2010 by Allahpundit

Granted, the competition’s stiff, but the other contenders are jokey. Not this one. West is already enough of a rock star among grassroots conservatives that I assume you don’t need much background, but for the few who don’t know what the ad is about, this will set you right. All the core military virtues are here: Tough on the enemy, protective of his men, honest about his actions. As character references for job applications go, you can scarcely do better.

Speaking of job applications, anyone seen any recent polls for his House race? The last one I found had him up two on incumbent Ron Klein, but that was at the end of April. All losses are tough but, like the Nevada and Florida Senate races, a loss in this one would be extra bitter. This’ll help avert that.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Col. West couldn’t leave this story to an opponent.

Cindy Munford on August 2, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Palin/West 2012 motto it’s time to win.

bessex on August 2, 2010 at 11:44 PM

PalinChristie/West 2012 motto: it’s time to win.

bessex on August 2, 2010 at 11:44 PM

FTW!!!

abobo on August 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM

He HAS to win.

Time to send money, folks.

Saltysam on August 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM

I’d gladly vote for this man…a true mensch! Actually, I wish I could vote for him, as it would give my vote some value!

stonemeister on August 2, 2010 at 11:54 PM

I have been unable to get through the entire video on four attempts.

Ricohoc on August 2, 2010 at 11:58 PM

I remember reading about this fella in Stars and Stripes shortly after the incident occurred. He lived up to the “Army values”, especially selfless service and personal courage by laying his career on the line for the well being of his men. A man who leads from the front and isn’t afraid to take responsibility for his actions.

Like they say, you can’t push a string.

I would love to hear what BHO says about his actions…

Eprider on August 2, 2010 at 11:59 PM

If he walked through Hell with a can of gasoline, The Devil himself would be beating out the flames in his way out of raw fear of the man.

I had the honor of meeting the man and watched him ever so gently pound a Democrat at a coffeeshop into political rubble with his shear brilliance, undiluted common sense and encyclopedic knowledge of politics and history.

He have found the successor of Reagan for the soul of the conservative cause.

michaelo on August 3, 2010 at 12:02 AM

This is the kind of leadership you normally don’t hear about in the liberal press….

DL13 on August 3, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Send him Money. Esp if (like me) you live in CA, NY or some other “lost” state.

Any local contributions are wasted. But money to this gentleman can make a difference.

jlibson on August 3, 2010 at 12:10 AM

He’s Batman.

Mr Purple on August 3, 2010 at 12:11 AM

Long live Allen West!

CP on August 3, 2010 at 12:17 AM

oh hell yeah!

The Notorious G.O.P on August 3, 2010 at 12:37 AM

What a mensch. In a sane world he will win.

Schadenfreude on August 3, 2010 at 12:38 AM

“UNCLE TOM!”

-every lib in America-

Bishop on August 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Don’t forget The Race Card!

ebrown2 on August 2, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I know what you mean Bishop, but this is one man that I would TRIPLE DOG DARE all those NAACPers to try and make the “Uncle Tom” smear stick to. It ain’t gonna fly. They’ll do more damage to themselves than they will to him, if they try it.

listens2glenn on August 3, 2010 at 12:46 AM

PalinChristiePalin/West 2012 motto: it’s time to win.

bessex on August 2, 2010 at 11:44 PM

FTW!!!

abobo on August 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM

I’ll take a non-gun grabbing president, thanks.

MadisonConservative on August 3, 2010 at 1:34 AM

Someone here said it before: this is what a commander in chief looks like.

Eren on August 3, 2010 at 1:35 AM

Palin/West 2012 motto it’s time to win.

bessex on August 2, 2010 at 11:44 PM

I would break my requirement of both people on the ticket having executive experience (Governorship) for that ticket. I think being Lt Col. is quite enough.

Those two would win in a landslide. They’d need that chic Lisa from Ice Road Truckers to follow them though to carry both of their massive sets of cojones!

I blogged a couple of months ago about his statement that he can’t stand Obama, got a lot of hits then, but to tell you how popular the man I still get a lot of hits on that entry. In fact, something is happening, because over the last few days I’ve gotten over 4000 hits on that one deal.

Lots of people searching Allan West.

gary4205 on August 3, 2010 at 2:08 AM

My heroes have always been soldiers. Col. West has been added to the list.

Slowburn on August 3, 2010 at 2:16 AM

A favor would be done for America by publishing Col. West’s chain of command. This bunch of PC wienies who “preserve” their career while sacrificing “grunts” have no place in an Army of volunteers.

Caststeel on August 3, 2010 at 2:38 AM

Dude.

ScottMcC on August 3, 2010 at 2:46 AM

This is what Americans used to be like. Now we’re pretty much a nation of wusses and pussies. I hope he is elected. I am not sure the US is worthy of him.

{^_^}

herself on August 3, 2010 at 3:14 AM

This man will be President one day. Rightfully so.

Old eagle on August 3, 2010 at 4:13 AM

This man will be President one day. Rightfully so.

Old eagle on August 3, 2010 at 4:13 AM

Wouldn’t that be something? Americans elect an African American President…..whom they respect and is actually proud of his country.

Mr Purple on August 3, 2010 at 6:54 AM

This man will be President one day. Rightfully so.

Old eagle on August 3, 2010 at 4:13 AM

+100 From your fingers to God’s ears!!! We need more people like Col. West in government to restore honor to the cesspool. GO WEST! Give money, even a little, if you haven’t already.

4Freedom on August 3, 2010 at 7:07 AM

My nephew pulled up to a stop light here in north Florida a couple of weeks ago and there was West next to him driving his own modest car. He came up to do an event with Rubio and he had driven himself from south Florida. This guy is the real deal.

peacenprosperity on August 3, 2010 at 7:21 AM

I feel fortunate that I’ll be able to cast my votes for two people this election that I actually fully support. Rubio and West.

John Deaux on August 3, 2010 at 8:04 AM

If it’s about the lives of my men and their safety, I’d go through hell with a gasoline can.

And his men would follow.

Look up leader in the dictionary. There you will find Colonel West’s picture.

davidk on August 3, 2010 at 8:19 AM

This is the most important race in the nation.

Lt. Col. Allen West is a superstar. He is everything “nØ cØjØnes” wants to be. He has inspired young Afro-Americans. He is a one man army and a clear and present danger of transforming America by stopping blacks from voting democrat against their best interests and, Ron Klein and his thug wife are running scared. They have hired Marxist Wexler’s campaign manager as hit man. It’s getting real ugly. Øbama can’t afford to have this slave get off of the plantation. The SEIU will be out in Fl-22 in droves.
Suddenly Ron Klein has the largest war chest of any congressional candidate thanks to all of the thug lawyers who have donated to his campaign in the past month. Send him money, this dude’s the real deal. This is the battle we cannot lose if we want to win this war. This man fears no one. God bless him. I have been banging on doors to educate everyone about him for months. It’s an honor to have him on our side and it will be a privilege to have him represent my district.
When you are in his presence it’s awe inspiring. Øbama is no match for him. There is nothing this man can’t do.

Jayrae on August 3, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Bad. Ass.

rollthedice on August 3, 2010 at 8:34 AM

I only hope we are in a place now where a unit commander doesn’t have to give up his body armor to a soldier in his command. I know we had issues like this in the past and it’s deplorable. Do we still?
You are right, AP, that as character references go, one could hardly do better. The question for this election is will we vote for men (and women) with character or just another caricature of a man.

Extrafishy on August 3, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Too bad they could not get a decent microphone for West.

RobCon on August 3, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Time to send money, folks.

Saltysam on August 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Done. Glad you suggested that.

petefrt on August 3, 2010 at 9:09 AM

FYI, African American Conservatives will be airing a live 1/2 interview with LTC Allen West tonight at 10pm EST.

DarkKnight3565 on August 3, 2010 at 9:36 AM

Here is the link to the West interview

DarkKnight3565 on August 3, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I’ve followed colonel West since he rang that scums bells and saved lives only to be rewarded with charges.

Knowing his value they still used him in Afghanistan

when I saw he was running for office I was all over it and couldn’t think of a better example of character

a man when posed with following rules that would render his men less safe he opted to break them despite the consequences

Palin/West. Unstoppable

Sonosam on August 3, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Great video. It is just sad that it is necessary for him to justify his actions and pro-actively cover his arse to thwart off the inevitable future attacks from the left as his career rises.

He’s a great man.

cannonball on August 3, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I believe Col. West is the one who promised, after a victory, to approach “Stretch” Pelosi and announce “Madame Speaker, give me that damn gavel!”

My fantasy icludes the use of that Beretta somewhere in this scenario.

eyesky on August 3, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I believe that this man will one day be our President.

lionheart on August 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Sure thing department: every time Obama hears the name “Allen West”, he runs to a dark corner, curls up into fetal position, sucks his thumb, and ‘loses control’.

GGMac on August 3, 2010 at 11:13 AM

I believe that this man will one day be our President.

lionheart on August 3, 2010 at 11:06 AM

He might even be the first black president. It would be historic.

(I know. Some might say we’ve already had two black presidents)

shick on August 3, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Lt Col “Jack Bauer” Smith.

shick on August 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM

Maybe he could be the first decent black president.

deewhybee on August 3, 2010 at 12:11 PM

Please support this guy with cash donations!

mr.blacksheep on August 3, 2010 at 2:20 PM

An observation:

I noticed that the story about Wikileaks ASS-ange was directly below Lt. Col. West’s story in the BLOG section. It’s interesting to note the monumental differences between these two men. Not just physically, but also their diametrically opposed political views.

Col. West is the complete antithesis to the weaselly, mouth-breathing, pseudo intellectual bucket of puss.

Go Col. West!!

blueknight99 on August 3, 2010 at 6:00 PM

I would love to hear what BHO says about his actions…

Eprider on August 2, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Why, he’d say “I don’t have all the facts yet, but clearly the army acted stupidly”. Then invite Hamoodi to the White House for a beer.

bofh on August 4, 2010 at 4:48 PM