Video: Where’s the budget?

posted at 2:25 pm on July 30, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) videotaped this message for The Corner as Congress prepared to go into its summer recess without its basic work having even been started. The budget process hasn’t even yet begun, and while politicians stream home to their districts to campaign for re-election, the people should rightly wonder why they should be allowed to return after getting an incomplete in this session of Congress. Jordan tried to get the ball rolling by offering an amendment to the Transportation appropriation bill just now getting considered — usually a haven for pork-barrel projects — that would require the federal government to roll back spending to FY2008 levels, which would shave off about a trillion dollars.

How did Democrats react to that idea? I’ll let Jordan tell you:

Since Democrats took power in January 2007, annual budgets have risen 38% in just three cycles. If we want to solve our deficit and debt problems, we should cure the source of them, which is the rapid expansion of government spending under Democratic Congresses and this Democratic President.

Comments

Gentleman Jimmy Jordan….2X NCAA Wrestling Champion at Wisconsin…would love to see Weiner start dressing him down and see what happens.lol.

matt126 on July 30, 2010 at 2:32 PM

Good Solid B+ for Jim, unfortunately Botox Babe scores another F-…..despicable dimwits!!!!!

huskerdiva on July 30, 2010 at 2:33 PM

The biggest problem facing our nation is simple – Democrat politicians and the lunatic left.

They are THE problem.

Democrats are why we need to buy oil from dictators in the Middle East – they won’t let us drill in the United States.

Democrats are why we are bogged down in Afghanistan – they project weakness and incompetence and the whole world knows it.

Democrats are why our economy is in the crapper. No sane business owner is going to hire while these far left fanatics are in charge and reaking havok.

Democrats are why our borders are open to illegals and terrorists.

Democrats are why we waste hundreds of billions on coddling prisoners who should have been executed decades ago.

Every major problem facing this nation is either directly caused by Democrats or exasperated by their corruption and gross incompetence.

Not only should Democrats be voted out, what they truly deserve is to have bounties out on them. $4 an ear, just like Nutria in the Bayou.

NoDonkey on July 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Anyone else for the idea of forming a massive human chain around that building and not letting any of them leave until there is a budget passed????

huskerdiva on July 30, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Jim Jordan’s website
======================

His Bio:

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH 4th District)

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM

“Hi. I’m a Democrat, and I’m a spendaholic.”

First step to correcting your problem.
Next step?
Step down.

VibrioCocci on July 30, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I’m willing to go one better as a taxpayer. Let the “Bush tax cuts” expire on schedule. Return the budget(s) to the spending outlays that were in place at the time they were enacted – heck, you can even adjust for inflation!

TubbyHubby on July 30, 2010 at 2:39 PM

Any chance we can get you to write the ad copy for Republicans so we can get the point across to the people, Ed?

VibrioCocci on July 30, 2010 at 2:39 PM

The budget process hasn’t even yet begun

The budget process had to have begun. How else could they have utilized the reconciliation process on the health control bill?

forest on July 30, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Scorched Earth Policy,

let it all burn
-Nancy Pelosi.

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 2:40 PM

“Hi. I’m a Democrat, and I’m a spendaholic.” VibrioCocci on July 30, 2010

Unfortunately, just like alcoholism is a disease of denial so is spendaholicism!

huskerdiva on July 30, 2010 at 2:41 PM

“Hi. I’m a Democrat, and I’m a spendaholic.”

First step to correcting your problem.
Next step?
Step down.

VibrioCocci on July 30, 2010 at 2:37 PM

VibrioCocci:Lol,Tax-ist/Spend-ist!:)

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 2:43 PM

I know we can’t go back and change the profligate spending of past Republican Congresses. And I know that no Republican Congress has ever come close to the generational destructive policies of the current Democrats…
but that past is still fresh in the minds of many of us and we wonder just how much we can trust Jordan and the rest of the Republicans. For me, it’s not enough to say “we’re better than them”. I’m like a born again virgin. I’m not dropping my panties for sweet words anymore. Show me you mean it or piss off.

Extrafishy on July 30, 2010 at 2:44 PM

canopfor on July 30, 2010

Like I said, she gets an F-
Will California EVER WAKE UP????

huskerdiva on July 30, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Extrafishy on July 30, 2010 at 2:44 PM

It’s all about walkin the talk! Actions-NOT just words!!!

huskerdiva on July 30, 2010 at 2:49 PM

“Hi. I’m a Democrat, and I’m a spendaholic.”

If only a Democrat would come to my door and tell me that.

I would invite him in and give him some much needed counseling.

Such as how we are permitted to defend our homes from tresspassers in Texas.

NoDonkey on July 30, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Extrafishy on July 30, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Extrafishy: Really,haha!!:)

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 2:52 PM

The budget process hasn’t even yet begun

forest on July 30, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Different fiscal year.

cthulhu on July 30, 2010 at 2:55 PM

canopfor on July 30, 2010
========================

Like I said, she gets an F-
Will California EVER WAKE UP????
huskerdiva on July 30, 2010 at 2:45 PM

huskerdiva: It never ends!!:)

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 2:55 PM

huskerdiva on July 30, 2010 at 2:35 PM

I think there are tunnels from the Capitol to their off-site offices.

marinetbryant on July 30, 2010 at 3:06 PM

huskerdiva on July 30, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Expand your perimeter to include the Senate and House Office Buildings. There’s “subway” tunnels between them and the Capitol so the li’l darlin’s don’t have to wait at crossing lights like the rest of us. Unless, of course, in their role as racial profilers, they stroll through a crowd of peaceful protesters trolling for “racist incidents” in order to kick off a smear campaign.

ya2daup on July 30, 2010 at 3:10 PM

NoDonkey on July 30, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Do Democrats even have ears???

landlines on July 30, 2010 at 4:18 PM