Report: Romney nudging Graham to strike immigration deal before election?

posted at 5:42 pm on July 30, 2010 by Allahpundit

A tantalizing bit of 2012 gossip dropped way, way down in an otherwise fun piece about amnesty shills boo-hooing over having (temporarily) lost McCain. Note to Politico: This is what’s called “burying the lede.”

Their hope now is that Republican presidential candidates and former operatives under Bush, a reform proponent, can convince GOP congressional leaders that the issue needs to be dealt with before 2012 — or that they could risk alienating the burgeoning Hispanic vote in the crucial swing states of New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada, Arizona and Florida.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, a front-runner for the nomination, has signaled quietly to Graham that Republicans must address immigration before the campaign heats up, according to several sources familiar with the conversation.

Graham’s push against birthright citizenship prompted this response on POLITICO’s Arena from Cesar Conda, a former domestic policy adviser to Vice President Dick Cheney: “If the Republican Party embraces ending birthright citizenship, then it will be assured losing Latino and ethnic voters — and presidential elections for the foreseeable future.”

Now I’m more confused than ever about why Graham’s pushing the birthright citizenship amendment. If he really is thinking about trying to settle the immigration issue before 2012 — which may be do-able, given the electoral pressure from Latinos that the GOP leadership will be feeling — what does he gain by staking out a position further to the right than he’s ever gone before? I have to assume that it’s precisely because he thinks a deal is likely that he wants to stockpile conservative demands now so that he can give up on them early in the interests of “compromise.” If he sacrifices birthright citizenship in the interests of “being reasonable” but stands firm on securing the border first, it’ll give the Dems some cover on agreeing to the latter. In fact, Politico notes that his comprehensive bill co-written with Schumer already would have made amnesty contingent on first reaching certain benchmarks vis-a-vis border security; Graham’s now insisting that that’s no longer enough, that he wants a separate “borders only” bill before amnesty comes back on the table, but I’ve got a crazy hunch that he’s just staking out a bargaining position there too.

As for Mitt’s role in this, it’s not like he’s nudging Graham to strike a deal on his behalf. Getting immigration off the table would, in theory, benefit whoever the eventual nominee is. But suspicions about him among the righty base plus the fact that it’s Grahamnesty, of all people, that he’s coordinating with here instead of, say, Jim DeMint isn’t going to win him any new fans. Exit question: Any fallout over this for him, or no biggie?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, a front-runner for the nomination, has signaled quietly to Graham that Republicans must address immigration before the campaign heats up Romney runs for President., according to several sources familiar with the conversation.

What a principled Conservative Romney is. (If this unnamed source is true)

portlandon on July 30, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Sellout!

technopeasant on July 30, 2010 at 5:46 PM

I’m so sick of the stupid “if we act on immigration we’ll lose Latinos” meme. It’s simply not true. Latinos do not vote or think as a monolithic thinking group. A 2nd, 3rd or 4th generation Hispanic-American is more concerned about other issues. Stop acting like the Democrats who treat every race that isn’t white as a stereotype who makes decisions based on their race instead of their individual circumstances.

cpaulus on July 30, 2010 at 5:47 PM

This should be the death nail to Romney’s 2012 campaign. He is done. I don’t want that guy anywhere near a primary.

cubachi on July 30, 2010 at 5:47 PM

First, he won’t admit RomneyCare was a colossal mistake.

Now, an immigration deal with the amnesty crowd?

Mitt is TOAST!

CatoRenasci on July 30, 2010 at 5:48 PM

In other words, take care of the heavy lifting before I run….thanks buddy!

/mittens.

ted c on July 30, 2010 at 5:48 PM

So Politico is repeating it’s role as the sower of discontent within the Republican party? Well at least they have practice at it.

thomasaur on July 30, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Stupidest idea I ever heard. Stop worrying about the Hispanic vote!I have in-laws who are Hispanic. Natural born citizens, and they are sick of the illegals. They want no part of making people who came here against the law citizens.

sandee on July 30, 2010 at 5:49 PM

We are going to go to war with our own party again. Hooray…. It sure did wonders for us last time.

rightwingyahooo on July 30, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Where are the folks (trolls) now who always lambaste Sarah Palin for being for amnesty? I hope they show up at this thread to show the same displeasure at Mitt Romney that they do with Palin and say it in similar language.

By the way Sarah Palin is NOT for amnesty.

technopeasant on July 30, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Exit question: Any fallout over this for him, or no biggie?

I personally think Romneycare is the final nail in the coffin for the guy’s Presidential prospects, but hey, why not hasten his demise with political stunts like this?

Doughboy on July 30, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Not sure I’m buying this. Based on his endorsements in the primaries, Mitt will rarely take a position until after the election is over.

Ted Torgerson on July 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Do these guys really think the GOP will get any credit for this with Hispanics? Obama will reap all the rewards.

Mark1971 on July 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM

“Willard, Willard, Willard” (shaking my head).

shomegirl on July 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Signal quietly=hush, hush!

This goes to prove with the 24/7 cable channels, the Internet and the blogosphere nothing stays secret or hush-hush for long in the 21st century.

technopeasant on July 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM

Heh.

Allahpundit on July 30, 2010 at 5:52 PM

cpaulus on July 30, 2010 at 5:47 PM

with you there…

cmsinaz on July 30, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Would we have expected any thing less from Mittens? If this doesn’t show the spineless POS RINO he is, I don’t know what does.

davek70 on July 30, 2010 at 5:53 PM

If it isn’t true yet, it will be. Romney is as predictable as he is dull as he is gutless as he is a loser.

Sad to think of the millions of dollars and multitudinous hours of people’s time he’s about to waste on a candidacy destined for the ash heap.

rrpjr on July 30, 2010 at 5:53 PM

Romney is a crap weasel, and he’s finished.

No more deals at the expense of American citizens to secure the political careers of politicians. No. More.

Cody1991 on July 30, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Ted Torgerson on July 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM
——————————-

How true!

shomegirl on July 30, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I don’t trust graham….

cmsinaz on July 30, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Mitt Romney is OUR John F Kerry. Flip-Flops included.

portlandon on July 30, 2010 at 5:56 PM

Exit question: Any fallout over this for him, or no biggie?

But for who though Allah? Grahmnesty or Mittens?

Graham does it, he may be able to keep his seat which right now is hot for the taking due to stupidity of Graham’s liberal mind.

But Romney having it go forward would make it interesting in the respect that he wouldn’t just have to deal with it AND his own RomneyCare issue… but the RomneyCare would be his ONLY reason.

While I won’t vote for Romney due to RomneyCare…. other would, as long as immigration was out of the picture totally.

upinak on July 30, 2010 at 5:56 PM

sandee on July 30, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I doubt I’m your inlaws, but my whole family feels the same way.

lizzie beth on July 30, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Nothing Graham can promise is worth negotiating.

No to National I.D., employment verification and amnesty.

Spathi on July 30, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Fallout, as in fall right out of contention! He never was a contender for me, I just hope others see him for what he is. The same old ruling class mentality politician.

bluemarlin on July 30, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Is Romney for anchor babies before they are aborted or after? Oh, wait…he’s pro-life now, right? Right.

SouthernGent on July 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I don’t trust graham….

cmsinaz on July 30, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I trust neither.

Mittens need not apply.

Bee on July 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Mitt Romney was going nowhere anyway – this is not news.

HondaV65 on July 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Ef these %$$#@$**%$@$$ holes! I’m sick and tired of pandering chickens… Rinocrats!
Ef the Republican Party!
Viva La Tea Party!

Illegal is illegal do like AZ and let em leave before their expelled or locked up and come back like the rest by gettin at the end of the line!

dhunter on July 30, 2010 at 5:59 PM

sandee on July 30, 2010 at 5:49 PM
I doubt I’m your inlaws, but my whole family feels the same way.

lizzie beth on July 30, 2010 at 5:57 PM

DITTO!

bluemarlin on July 30, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Any fallout? He’s not that viable as is. If this is true, he’s ‘dead’.

Schadenfreude on July 30, 2010 at 6:00 PM

Where are the Romney defenders?

Where are you?

Are you not entertained???

portlandon on July 30, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Sounds like Graham is doing pre-emptive CYAing. Look conservatives – we had to yield on birth right citizenship but we got xyz. Maybe Romney thinks he will get the Hispanic vote to replace the hard core Conservatives?

katiejane on July 30, 2010 at 6:01 PM

By the way Sarah Palin is NOT for amnesty.

She’s made several remarks in favor of a path to citizenship for current illegals. She talks about “dealing humanely with those already here..”

That’s amnesty. And there are many reasons to oppose it, one being it will freeze the 2008 electoral college in place for 50 years or more.

Do you want that? Sarah appears to be fine with it….

Anything that grants illegals legal status, which is all they want besides money, is amnesty.

They should be e-verified into self-deportation over time, and they should go to the back of the line from their home countries, and be told it will be quite a while before we get to them.

Like until the unemployment rate is 3% again, possibly… That’s gonna be awhile, so take this free Snickers bar and enjoy your trip home.

rightwingyahooo on July 30, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Weird. That pic of Romney on the front page for this post doesn’t have him winking????

Bikerchick on July 30, 2010 at 6:01 PM

So upinak is saying that Willard whispers in the ear of Grahamnesty, saying get me deal on immigration so I only have fight one battle on the field when I run for El Presidente of the United States of Amnesty.

Hmmm….

shomegirl on July 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM

portlandon on July 30, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Where are the “Palin trolls”?

technopeasant on July 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM

rightwingyahooo on July 30, 2010 at 6:01 PM

okay.. prove it. And don’t put that BS old Spanish TV interview up… because I can counter it. *VEG*

upinak on July 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Romney can come out against amnesty after it is passed and be full of sound and fury as he poses for the camera.

A great number of people will fall for it as they always do. How else to explain this guy not being booed off every conservative, or Republican forum?

Reminds me of this article…

sharrukin on July 30, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Where are the “Palin trolls”?

technopeasant on July 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM

darn it… I think we are actually being rational. Scarey isn’t it.

upinak on July 30, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Oh no! Have the Palinistas taken over Allahpundit! NOooooooooooo!

terryannonline on July 30, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Are any of the reporters or anonymous sources involved part of Journolist?

Disturb the Universe on July 30, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Where are the “Palin trolls”?

technopeasant on July 30, 2010 at 6:02 PM

It’s Friday, and 6:00pm on the East coast.

Any Guesses?

portlandon on July 30, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Just another reason to dropkick old Juan McCains’ a$$ out AZ. The greasy old panderer will change strips as soon as hes’ re-elected and help pass amnasty for all.
Rinocrats be gone. Anyone thats’ been in DC for more than 12 years is THE PROBLEM vote em OUT!

dhunter on July 30, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Any Guesses?

portlandon on July 30, 2010 at 6:05 PM

Does this require knee pads?

upinak on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Last time I checked in, the Secure Fence Act of 2006 was supposed to result in well you know, a secure border fence, before anything else.

How quickly the liars forget.

And as for Romney, well let’s just say he can take his ObamaKare and head back to Massahole land.

tarpon on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Reagen gave amnesty to illegals
but
never secured the border
and never did any real work-place enforcement.
Those new latino-hispanic voters voted for democrats.
They are still voting for democrats.
So now if we give another amnesty
without securing the border and
no provisions for work-place enforcement
one more time,
and repubs think that hispanics/ latinos will vote republican ?
Repubs want to do the same thing again they and expect a different result this time ?
Now whats that word I’m looking for ?

macncheez on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Mitt is TOOOOOOOOOOOAST!!!!!!!

CatoRenasci on July 30, 2010 at 5:48 PM

FIFY.

Why do we have the “evil party” and the “castrated party” to choose from?

katy on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Oh no! Have the Palinistas taken over Allahpundit! NOooooooooooo!

terryannonline on July 30, 2010 at 6:04 PM

No, but neither will posts like this earn me any credit from the Palinistas who insist that I’m some sort of Romney shill. Oh well.

Allahpundit on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

There’s no need to troll here because Mitt has no chance.

I mean, it would be nice if we could raise all the founders from the dead – and they’d certainly be able to put us back on the right track. But … that’s not going to happen – it’s really against the laws of the universe … raising people from the dead …

and …

Mitt Romney becoming the nominee of the GOP is another impossibility. Right – the GOP will nominate the ONLY other guy in the whole nation, besides Obama, who has a Socialist health care system named after him? Oh and by the way – the only difference between RomneyCare and ObamaCare is that ObamaCare hasn’t utterly failed (just yet)?

Nominating that guy doesn’t happen in this universe – or any alternate universe. It would be the end of the GOP were that to happen.

HondaV65 on July 30, 2010 at 6:09 PM

To me, it’s a trust issue.

How can you trust someone who started RomneyCare, blasted Reagan in debates for governor and appearantly is in secret talks with Grahamensty?

Sorry, I don’t care what Romney says now, I don’t trust him. Period.

I have the same issue with Gingrich. Anyone willing to sit down on a bench with Nancy Pelosi to push the Global Warming agenda does not deserve the trust of the GOP Primary electorate.

Norwegian on July 30, 2010 at 6:09 PM

rightwingyahooo on July 30, 2010 at 6:01 PM

What’s wrong with this picture? Governor Jan Brewer appears on stage with one other prominent Republican in mid-May 2010 to unveil the new Arizona illegal immigration law? Who might that have been rightwingyahooo?

McCain?

Hayworth?

Demint?

Duncan Hunter?

John Kyl?

Mitt Romney?

Newt Gingrich?

Mike Huckabee?

Tim Pawlenty?

In case you guessed wrong it was Sarah Palin, goofball. Do you think Brewer would be so stupid to stand beside Palin on stage at such an important time in the modern history of Arizona if Palin was an “amnesty advocate”?

Even the Left hasn’t made that accusation.

technopeasant on July 30, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Does this require knee pads?

upinak on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

LOL! I love you.

portlandon on July 30, 2010 at 6:10 PM

rightwingyahooo on July 30, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Good grief… if I must (btw just ignore BOR’s ranting), and just listen for “SECURE THE BORDER FIRST” and “DEPORT ‘EM IF NECESSARY”!!)

davek70 on July 30, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Allahpundit on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

————————————————–
Romney shill? You?

shomegirl on July 30, 2010 at 6:11 PM

So…the Romney campaign is going to be executed through whispers?….Sounds about right.

Buckeye Babe on July 30, 2010 at 6:12 PM

What I do think is funny – is that all the RINO’s are looking at Mittens as their only hope for the next election – hell, he really IS their only hope.

But what’s ironic – is it was those same RINO’s who celebrated when McCain finally put the torch to the Romney campaign last time around – because Romney was seen as a true Conservative then.

Which really illustrates the confused state of the RINO race at the current moment. :P

HondaV65 on July 30, 2010 at 6:12 PM

These familiar with the conversation should give more information about what was exactly said.

PrezHussein on July 30, 2010 at 6:12 PM

ri-nomy??
God I hate him. always have always will!
he looks like a used car salesmen.

ColdWarrior57 on July 30, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Allahpundit on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Here is your Brownie Badge for your Sash.

3 cheers for Allahpundit!

portlandon on July 30, 2010 at 6:13 PM

THAT IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POLITICAL SUICIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It plays into Team Liberal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Romney sealed it. He’ll never get my vote.

Vntnrse on July 30, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Allahpundit on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

————————————————–
Romney shill? You?

shomegirl on July 30, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Naa. Allah hearts Huckabee.

upinak on July 30, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Allahpundit on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

BTW, almost forgot to ask… Allahpundit hardest hit by this news?

davek70 on July 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Allahpundit on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Tell us the truth, you’re disappointed that the trolls haven’t shown up yet to prove that Romney is just as despised by conservatives as Palin is.

technopeasant on July 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM

HondaV65 on July 30, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Oh, ye of little faith. The GOP can yet still bring amazement and wonder into our lives. Michael Steele and company are not done yet!

sharrukin on July 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Allahpundit on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

LOL. Well, even your Wikipedia entry states that you are a Palin critic….

I think you are pretty fair though, especially lately.

Norwegian on July 30, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Naa. Allah hearts Huckabee.

upinak on July 30, 2010 at 6:13 PM

———————————–

Alrighty then.

shomegirl on July 30, 2010 at 6:16 PM

That was when she was running with McCain. She made it very clear in her O’Reilly interview a few weeks ago that she was opposed to amnesty. O’Reilly tried to get her to agree with him that we should have an amnesty after the border was secure, and she wouldn’t. I used to be worried about Palin on immigration, but I’m not anymore.

Jon0815 on July 30, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Let the Immigration Laws be on Team Rights watch,
and that way,it takes out all the Union goon operations,
and Liberal dealing and wheeling,and besides,the Left will
brainwash their base into thinking they are the border
saviours that will vote Democrat for decades!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh!!!!!!!!!!1

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 6:18 PM

The 14th Amendment stuff from Graham was a clear bait and switch. Listen to the audio, he’s for everything he’s always been for but throws that in as a cookie to the Right. It worked, go look at what ACE wrote on his blog after reporting on it.

As for Romney, the Boston Globe has him ON TAPE supporting McCain/Kennedy in 05. A fact, Levin, Sean, Rush and others didn’t tell you when they were shilling for Romney to beat McCain.

AYNBLAND on July 30, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Naa. Allah hearts Huckabee.

upinak on July 30, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Really – a card carrying atheist wants himself the one potential candidate who pushes his religious credentials enough to earn the term Bible-thumper?

katiejane on July 30, 2010 at 6:19 PM

AYNBLAND on July 30, 2010 at 6:19 PM

And yet, I am sure you know all three men and can get proff of what you say?

upinak on July 30, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Allahpundit on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Hey, we haven’t called you a RINO candy ass, have we?

Oh wait… I’m getting a message.

faraway on July 30, 2010 at 6:20 PM

“secure the border first”, then give amnesty to 12 to 30 million illegal aliens” says John McCain, Grahamnesty, and now Mitt. No thanks.

I vote for Harry Reid’s Comprehensive Immigration bill – the one that was STRICT LAW ENFORCEMENT, no amnesty, no DREAM ACt, and an end to birthright citizenship.

Harry Reid’s bill?? Yep. Back in 1993.

fred5678 on July 30, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Executive order from the DOTUS granting Amnesty in 5….4….3…

“to heal our land”.

Medicaid flood border states by the millions shortly after the ExO!

PappyD61 on July 30, 2010 at 6:21 PM

katiejane on July 30, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Second look at Huckabee.. sound familiar? Huck is foder like Palin is. If you can’t figure out I am being sarcastic… then how do you know when Allah is?

upinak on July 30, 2010 at 6:21 PM

Allahpundit on July 30, 2010 at 6:08 PM

Allahpundit: Screw the *Palinistas,the GrizzlyMama`s,
and SarahCudians back you AP!!:)

*(canopfor means no disrespect to the
Palinista Factions).

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Mexicans……not Medicaid (stinking iPhone)

PappyD61 on July 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM

I am suspicious of Politico so I expect Gov. Romney to deny this. If he doesn’t it will certainly shade my perception.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

And Romney, I’m signaling to you LOUDLY to STFU.

tickleddragon on July 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Exit question: Which candidate will risk their political career to stand up for conservatives?

faraway on July 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Romney just went from ‘near the top’ to the very top of my shit list!

GFW on July 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

sharrukin on July 30, 2010 at 6:14 PM

And thats’ what I’m afeared of. If the RNC doesn’t close the early primaries another RINO like Mitt could win the nomination by being chosen by demrats and far lefty states.

If this happens I hope Sarah goes Tea Party Third Party and let the Blood flow in the streets!

dhunter on July 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Jon0815 on July 30, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Do you remembe how viciously Bush 41 attacked Reagan for “voodoo economics”? Well when Bush 41 signed on as VP he had to echo Reagan’s economic positions and agree with Reaganomics. Was Bush 41 being a hypocrite? No. When you are the VP, that is the game you are expected to play.

With Palin it was no different when she was McCain’s VP. Was she supposed to come out and completely contradict McCain’s position on illegal immigration? Our side would have lost by 15 points then instead of 7.2%.

Wake up and smell the roses. That’s how presidential politics is played. I don’t agree with it, but it is what it is.

technopeasant on July 30, 2010 at 6:24 PM

upinak on July 30, 2010 at 6:21 PM

upinak: I like Romney,but Huckabee and Romney,ain`t
gonna work!!:)

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Romney’s campaign is dead the minute that Thune announces.

Jon0815 on July 30, 2010 at 6:24 PM

I expect Gov. Romney to deny this.

Cindy Munford on July 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Everybody expects Romney to deny this!

sharrukin on July 30, 2010 at 6:25 PM

faraway on July 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Exit clue: That candidate once said “Politically, If I die, I die”

Norwegian on July 30, 2010 at 6:26 PM

faraway on July 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

faraway: Now that,is THEE QUESTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Exit clue: That candidate once said “Politically, If I die, I die”

Norwegian on July 30, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Norwegian: Me thinks,Obama!!

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 6:26 PM

dhunter on July 30, 2010 at 6:23 PM

She won’t.

I think Romney has the best chance but it would be nice if Palin won!

sharrukin on July 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Folks let’s just remember the focus is 2010! :)

Dire Straits on July 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Deny what-that he spoke to Graham or that he discussed the topic. I’ll be interested to her if he tries to deny any conversation with Graham ever taking place recently.

technopeasant on July 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Romney cares nothing about me or the average American. He wants to be POTUS.

Amnesty will help him get elected (Right, all those hispanics will vote GOP? LMBO) so forget Arizona and other border state residents dodging bullets in a border war.

It is ALL about his run for POTUS.

This needs to be shoved up Romney’s butt sideways and publically.

He will use my vote and then turn around and do what is best for his good old Washington Dreams. Romney has more flip flops than a beachside vendor.

Bikerchick on July 30, 2010 at 6:28 PM

Exit clue: That candidate once said “Politically, If I die, I die”

Norwegian on July 30, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Norwegian: Ugh,I should of known that,Cuda did!!:)

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 6:28 PM

*(canopfor means no disrespect to the
Palinista Factions).

canopfor on July 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Watch out Canopfor..They are starting to remind me of the Paulbots!

Dire Straits on July 30, 2010 at 6:28 PM

By all means… let’s get Obama more O-Voters before the 2012 election….

McCain
Graham
Snowe
Collins
Brown

They would be great across-the-aisle types to help Romney push through Socialism Lite.

CC