Wonderful: Dem congressman’s campaign hits GOP opponent for taking “Jewish money”

posted at 7:54 pm on July 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

Oh now, relax — you know how those Republicans and their shadowy Jewish benefactors are. Note to Michael McMahon: When making a charge like this in polite company, the proper terminology these days is “Zionist money.” Wink.

Want a little extra nuance here in case there’s not enough already? The district they’re fighting over is in … New York City.

[I]n an effort to show that Grimm lacks support among voters in the district, which covers Staten Island and parts of Brooklyn, the McMahon campaign compiled a list of Jewish donors to Grimm and provided it to The Politicker.

The file, labeled “Grimm Jewish Money Q2,” for the second quarter fundraising period, shows a list of over 80 names, a half-dozen of which in fact do hail from Staten Island, and a handful of others that list Brooklyn as home.

“Where is Grimm’s money coming from,” said Jennifer Nelson, McMahon’s campaign spokeman. “There is a lot of Jewish money, a lot of money from people in Florida and Manhattan, retirees.”

As a point of comparison, the campaign also provided in-district and out-of-district fundraising totals from McMahon and Grimm’s G.O.P primary opponent, Michael Allegretti. However, they did not provide an out-of-district campaign filing from Grimm, but only a file of Jewish donors to him.

When I first glanced at the article, I thought maybe they were trying to make the point, however awkwardly, that Grimm is failing to win over local Jewish voters based on the fact that comparatively few have donated to him. Nope: No way to square that with the boldfaced part from Nelson. She went on to defend the list by noting that the campaign’s finance director, who put it together, is also Jewish, but to no avail: According to Politico, she’s been fired. A statement from the man in charge:

“These comments were entirely inappropriate and there is no place for this kind of behavior. I was outraged by these unfortunate remarks which were unauthorized and are in no way indicative of my beliefs or of my campaign,” said Congressman Michael E. McMahon. “I am proud to represent an incredibly diverse community and to enjoy an incredibly diverse base of support. Any comments that could serve to divide our community along religious or ethnic lines have no place in our community or my campaign. I sincerely apologize for her comments, and as she has since been terminated from our campaign, there will be no such incidents in the future.”

Thus ends another valuable lesson in Tolerance. Incidentally, if Grimm’s name sounds familiar to you, it’s because Palin endorsed him on Facebook just a few days ago. Exit question for Team McMahon: Sarah Palin, Jewish Zionist puppet?

Comments

That article fails to inform us of McMahon’s party membership.

MayBee on July 29, 2010 at 7:57 PM

McMahon’s party membership IS mentioned in the first sentence of the linked article and it’s very obviously stated in this thread title.

Geez.

trapeze on July 29, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Teachable moment.

Joe Caps on July 29, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Probably McMahon and Nelson were thinking with that reptilian part of their brains.

MayBee on July 29, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Pretty sure Sarah’s going to take this up on her Facebook account. I had this race at #60 most vulnerable for Democrats; that will probably change the next time I do the survey.

Patrick Ishmael on July 29, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Mud, and something smellier, sticks.

OldEnglish on July 29, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Chutzpah

ColumbusConservative on July 29, 2010 at 8:03 PM

I’m surprised this wasn’t a quote from my representative, Jim Moran.

Vyce on July 29, 2010 at 8:04 PM

But…that’s not antisemitism-antisemitism. /

Bee on July 29, 2010 at 8:04 PM

And that makes a difference how???

BigWyo on July 29, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Or, “those damn neoconnz!!1!!11!1

stefanite on July 29, 2010 at 8:05 PM

“Name that party” at both the Observer and Politico.

VidOmnia on July 29, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Oy vey…

The Ugly American on July 29, 2010 at 8:05 PM

“Jewish money”

There’s that word again…

Seven Percent Solution on July 29, 2010 at 8:07 PM

What, did someone try to make a donation in Israeli New shekels?

JohnGalt23 on July 29, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Oh, noes…the Jooooos!

JetBoy on July 29, 2010 at 8:11 PM

trapeze on July 29, 2010 at 7:59 PM

No, it’s not.

VidOmnia on July 29, 2010 at 8:12 PM

Oh, noes…the Jooooos!

JetBoy on July 29, 2010 at 8:11 PM

Khun Joe on July 29, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Yes, Allah mentions it.

Where is it mentioned in the Observer article that McMahon is a Democrat?

MayBee on July 29, 2010 at 8:13 PM

===================================================
Ugh,it never ends!!

canopfor on July 29, 2010 at 8:15 PM

Anthony “Goldline” Weiner was unavailable for comment.

JammieWearingFool on July 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM

McMahon is a Democrat representing Staten Island. Which does not belong?

Emperor Norton on July 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM

“It’s not their money you’ve got to worry about, it’s their radiation-mind-ray guns!”

/Manuel Zalaya

red winger on July 29, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Meh. Campaigns think in terms of demographics… that’s what they do. I wouldn’t be surprised if McMahon’s people have a file on contributions from left handed midgets between the ages of 18 and 25.

Rude on July 29, 2010 at 8:19 PM

I guess he doesn’t know that Soros bought the Democrat Party.

Cody1991 on July 29, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Chuckles. I still don’t quite understand how things got turned around so very much in such a short period of time.

cynccook on July 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM

Of course that’s not racist! [snarc]

Hening on July 29, 2010 at 8:23 PM

I am sure Rep. McMahon has successfully has deflected all suspicion of bigotry onto this newly fire staffer. Remember, Democrats don’t have any of those lowly thoughts or prejudices.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Don’t worry, folks, TRC will be along any minute to condemn this.

OldEnglish on July 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I found nothing in the linked article which indicates what McMahon’s party is. Even the phrase, “totals from McMahon and Grimm’s G.O.P primary opponent” can grammatically be interpreted as indicating that McMahon is a member of the G.O.P.

Ira on July 29, 2010 at 8:35 PM

O/T
===

Anybody seen this SEIU video,of AZ Law,
with a Berlin wall mixed in!
===============================

If the Extreme Becomes Law…

canopfor on July 29, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I guess he doesn’t know that Soros bought the Democrat Party.

Cody1991 on July 29, 2010 at 8:19 PM

Ironically, even Soros concedes that his influence peddling and policy meddling is behind the resurgence of global anti-semitism….yet obviously he backs the far Left and they are the ones who are becoming increasingly anti-semitic, or at least anti-Israel. That kind of makes my head hurt.

cynccook on July 29, 2010 at 8:37 PM

That kind of makes my head hurt.

cynccook on July 29, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Only if you think Soros is a Jew instead of a leftist.

Leftism is as much a religion as Judaism.

sharrukin on July 29, 2010 at 8:39 PM

OldEnglish on July 29, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Probably still getting instructions from chuckles.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2010 at 8:40 PM

What exactly is Jewish money?

If it’s available at a discount rate from “non-Jewish” money but looks and feels just like “non-Jewish” money and can be used to purchase goods and services just like “non-Jewish” money count me in.

Honestly, if it hadn’t led to such horrific events in the past, I would find it funny that such an overall benign group of people is so greatly feared.

JadeNYU on July 29, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Well, everyone knows that they have all the money, right?

tru2tx on July 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Let’s see how this looks, if we change just a few words:

“Where is Obama’s money coming from,” said Jennifer Nelson, McMahon’s campaign spokeman. “There is a lot of Black money, a lot of money from people in Chicago and New York, welfare recipients.”

See how tacky and racist that looks, McMahon? When it comes to racism, the dems sure know how to stick their foot in their mouths.

BruthaMan on July 29, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Well, everyone knows that they have all the money, right?

tru2tx on July 29, 2010 at 8:44 PM

trutx: Well duh,they run the world!!(snark):)

canopfor on July 29, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Leftism is as much a religion as Judaism.

sharrukin on July 29, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Yes, but there’s a certain type of secular Jewish Leftist which is particularly devoted to their cause.

cynccook on July 29, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Ira on July 29, 2010 at 8:35 PM

Democrat

BruthaMan on July 29, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I’m sorry a bit off topic, but I perused the link of Ms. Malkin’s interview and felt so happy to have a laugh I’ll share it:

I like Michelle’s idea of appointing Chuck Norris as press secretary. My answer would be to appoint Ted Nugent to Secretary of Defense.

At least Ted would tell us like it is.

I sure hope they don’t divide us. This racial crap is just that.

seesalrun on July 29, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2010 at 8:40 PM

Heh!

You know, I joined LGF the same day I joined HotAir, and happened to click HotAir first. Never clicked LGF since.

OldEnglish on July 29, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Exit question for Team McMahon: Sarah Palin, Jewish Zionist puppet?
Robert Wexler was unavailable for comment.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on July 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Heh!

OldEnglish on July 29, 2010 at 8:55 PM

OldEnglish: You saved yourself a world of hurt!!:)

canopfor on July 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Yes, Allah mentions it.

Where is it mentioned in the Observer article that McMahon is a Democrat?

MayBee on July 29, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I don’t see it in either of the Politico posts.

year_of_the_dingo on July 29, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I don’t see it in either of the Politico posts.

year_of_the_dingo on July 29, 2010 at 8:59 PM

A little CTRL+F on “demo” turns up empty.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on July 29, 2010 at 9:02 PM

OldEnglish: You saved yourself a world of hurt!!:)

canopfor on July 29, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Indeed I did! I am grateful to HotAir for setting me straight.

OldEnglish on July 29, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Geez.

trapeze on July 29, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Dude!!!

BigAlSouth on July 29, 2010 at 9:18 PM

canopfor on July 29, 2010 at 8:37 PM

*shudder*

cmsinaz on July 29, 2010 at 9:25 PM

Yes, yes, everyone hates the so-called mongrel races until they need an additional capital infusion.

I for one am willing to lend some jewish money. Shall we say, five American dollars? It is my money, and I am jewish. Well, half-jewish, so perhaps we can negotiate a more favorable interest rate. Shall we say, one of your knees? Only one? No?

GTR640 on July 29, 2010 at 9:27 PM

OldEnglish on July 29, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Never registered but use to visit. I always liked when he discovered the photo shopped stuff. Now, unless he can find something a Republican or Tea Party person photo shopped I doubt he’s interested.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2010 at 9:42 PM

JadeNYU on July 29, 2010 at 8:43 PM

You only think we’re benign because we hide our mind lasers when Gentiles are looking.

Good Solid B-Plus on July 29, 2010 at 9:56 PM

McMahon’s a decent man. I met him a few times, shook his hand at the Ferry to thank him for his No vote on Obamacare. He said he’d need me in November, but sorry Mike – no can do.

sibobr on July 29, 2010 at 10:00 PM

This is a story because it is a well known fact that all Jews, and therefore all Jewish money, goes to support Democrats. Failure to abide by this fact is verboten.
Oh, by the way, the same goes for those of African extraction.

J_Crater on July 29, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Heh!

OldEnglish on July 29, 2010 at 8:55 PM

Completely lost interest in LGF when every post became about creationism. Then watched as every dissenting commentator was banned. Every now and then I go to the site and remind myself why it isn’t worth going to anymore.

jpmn on July 29, 2010 at 10:15 PM

MayBee on July 29, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Yes. Unlike Grimm who must be motivated by his limbic side.

Buy Danish on July 29, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Geez.
trapeze on July 29, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Ah, here’s the first sentence of the linked article.

“Mike Grimm, a G.O.P challenger for Mike McMahon’s Congressional seat, took in over $200,000 in his last filing.”

Note: Mike McMahon’s party is not mentioned.
In fact Mike McMahon’s party is not mentioned at all in the linked article, not the first sentence nor the last nor any in between.

Gezzzzzz reading is so hardddddddddddddddddddddd.

And what should we make of the title of this “file”

The file, labeled “Grimm Jewish Money Q2,”

Words that mean the same as Grimm (both Old English grimm, Old High German grimm)

Ghastly Jewish Money Q2
Repellent Jewish Money Q2
Sinister Jewish Money Q2

It would seem Michael McMahon has “issues”

DSchoen on July 29, 2010 at 10:34 PM

jpmn on July 29, 2010 at 10:15 PM

As I found out from the commenters here, I would have lasted no longer than the first creationist post. Here, it’s equal time for all views.

OldEnglish on July 29, 2010 at 10:35 PM

And the mask slips.

Cylor on July 29, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Anthony “Goldline” Weiner was unavailable for comment.
JammieWearingFool on July 29, 2010 at 8:17 PM

That’s cuz Anthony “Goldline” Weiner was busy,

It seems he bought a brand new “Cadillac CTS Sports Sedan” for $48K, crushed it, then melted it into one big pile of Slag and then tried to get $48K for the big pile of Slag.

Seems no one at GM told him that Cadillac CTS Sports Sedan melted into a big pile of Slag was only worth about $1K as scrap metal.

He is currently reviewing ALL rightwing “personalities” to find one who didn’t mention the whole “pile of Slag” thing.

DSchoen on July 29, 2010 at 11:04 PM

I live in Brooklyn and Michael McMahon is my congressman. Even though he’s a dem, he’s one of the better ones. He voted against healthcare and other major Obama pushes. I’m pretty sure he had nothing to do with this. He’s a strong supporter of Israel and has an enormous Jewish constituency.
But hey, that doesn’t mean I’m gonna vote for him ;)
(however I just might vote for him if a RINO wins the primary)

gomel29 on July 29, 2010 at 11:06 PM

Shocker! Another liberal Democrat anti-semite. When he loses the election, Obama will hire him to work with his hateful anti-semite middle east advisor, Sammi Power.

Jaibones on July 29, 2010 at 11:16 PM

Yoo hoo! The Race Card! Where are you!

fossten on July 29, 2010 at 11:43 PM

fossten on July 29, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Like he cares what anyone says about Jewish folks.

Cindy Munford on July 29, 2010 at 11:48 PM

My guess is this ‘Jewish money’ allegation never even gets made without Sarah endorsing him.

Once Sarah endorsed a candidate – the Democrat felt compelled to attack with their shrillest charges.

This is simply what Sarah Palin DOES to the left. The left loses all boundaries of decency when Palin is involved.

I bet this spokesman is still wondering why she got canned.

Mr Purple on July 30, 2010 at 6:27 AM

Must be getting money from some known Nazi sympathizer like, say, George Soros.

CC

CapedConservative on July 30, 2010 at 7:28 AM

And that makes a difference how???

BigWyo on July 29, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Might have something to do with the fact that the Jewish community make up a very large and powerful voting bloc in…NYC. Just sayin’.

NavyMustang on July 30, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Wow, from the President on down, these Dems are sure a bunch of racists…

DL13 on July 30, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Not racist, just stating the facts. It’s only racist if said by a Republican.

pgrossjr on July 30, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Never in all my life have I understood why the Jewish people draw so much hatred. What in the world did they do? (That many, many other people have not already done)

Herb on July 30, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Herb on July 30, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Nothing much, really…unless you count how a billion Christians think the Jews killed Jesus Christ. Other than that, not much.

There’s also the fact that many Jews (most?) have maintained a tradition of passing the family trade from generation to generation. This resulted in many highly talented tradesmen, having the benefit of generations of knowledge, most notably in diamond cutting, financial and legal professions, medicine, etc.

Also, Jews have traditionally stressed the importance of education and seriousness with one’s profession. The result of all this is the average Jew has more wealth than the average Gentile, which in turn creates no small amount of envy. This ember of envy requires only a little stoking to create a fire of anti-Semitism.

stonemeister on July 30, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Implying that McMahon’s donor list is Judenrein.

LarryD on July 30, 2010 at 12:30 PM

My version of Occam’s razor says this is a strawman and McMahon’s got troubles.

Caststeel on July 30, 2010 at 4:25 PM