Palin passes two million fans on Facebook

posted at 9:26 pm on July 29, 2010 by Allahpundit

The C4P crowd is celebrating, with good reason. Although The One, thanks to the presidential pulpit, has many more fans than she does, no other American pol has leveraged social media more effectively to broadcast their message. And needless to say, it shows: By comparison, Romney stands at 470,000 fans and Huckabee at 376,000. Even the Cult of Paul can only manage 240,000 for their man. Put ‘em all together and you’re slightly more than halfway to her own following. Whether that means her base is larger than anyone thinks or that it’s simply more eager to follow her every rhetorical move, I guess we’ll wait for the primaries to decide.

In honor of the occasion, via devoted longtime Palin supporter Tim L., some light humor from her, er, admirers in Germany. This is clearly a goof, but an unusually elaborate one: They’ve got a webpage, a Facebook page, and even a Twitter feed. Exit question: Is Palinmania going global?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Dark-Star on July 31, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Have you read The Road To Omaha? It is satirical fiction by Robert Ludlum.

My 2:32 comment was not serious.

Inanemergencydial on July 31, 2010 at 9:29 PM

VOTE here.

dnlchisholm on August 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

VOTE here.

dnlchisholm on August 1, 2010 at 12:16 AM

I voted ‘other’ in the spirit of fantasy.

Mitt Romney might run the deep fried Snickers stand at the county fair some day.

Inanemergencydial on August 1, 2010 at 12:23 AM

Of all the so called leaders of the GOP Romney is probably my least favorite. I lived in MA while he was govenator and frankly he basically retired on the job once he was elected. Other than inflicting Romneycare on the state and cutting deals with the lawyers lobby he did little. He is a CINO – Conservative in name only. Worst of all he did absolutely nothing to help rebuild the pityful MA state GOP.

Contrast that with what Sarah is trying to do to eliminate the GOP party hacks and install ethical constitutional commonsense conservatives into to office all over the country.

shmendrick on August 1, 2010 at 12:52 AM

I am not surprised she has that many followers. People like to follow the dumb asses like Snooky and Lindsey Lohan just to keep up with them. Sarah doesn’t disappoint … she increases her dumbass status almost daily.

Monkei on August 1, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Monkei on August 1, 2010 at 9:19 AM

I see the trolls are up early this Sunday. Too bad you’re to dumb to discuss policy and have to resort to the Alinsky handbook. Kind of like the big 0 you’re so fond of having to rely on the teleprompter so he knows what Soros would like him to say. But that’s the way it is for you puppets.

shmendrick on August 1, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Monkei on August 1, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Bravest anonymous commenter on the planet.

Inanemergencydial on August 1, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Inanemergencydial on August 1, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Oh, so you equate snarkyness with bravery? What kind of twisted excuse do you have or are you just another troll bottom dweller under the bridge to no where reading your Alinsky manuel. That’s really being a builder. Why don’t you contribute something intelligent to the discussion like why isn’t the big 0 going after the sanctuary cities? Or did yours and his puppet master Soros tell him not to? After all he has to do what he’s told, just like you.

shmendrick on August 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Benefit of the doubt statement:

Perhaps once again I took you at face value since it just occured to me that once again you forgot to add the /sarc tag. I hope so. If so I take it all back, otherwise….

shmendrick on August 1, 2010 at 1:43 PM

shmendrick on August 1, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Would this be Alinsky like the real-deal or just Alinsky like regular commenters who have an issue with uncritical adulation of any pol, yet sincerely like Palin? I was just curious since you called me one earlier. :)

Monkei on August 1, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Well being an assclown is one way to get attention here, I suppose.

Without a doubt plenty of her detractors follow her. However, she is engaging and has her finger on the pulse of current sentiment. She’s a valuable voice, for sure and most people follow her for that very reason.

Bee on August 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I’m not interested in blindly following ANY politician and am certainly not a cultist. I currently support Sarah because she seems to me to be the one who best represents my positions on things and she seems to be the only one who isn’t afraid to say what needs to be said and take the considerable heat the left puts out for doing so.

I consider HotAir to be one of the best news and opinion sites on the web and it bothers me when what I wish would be discussions of politics and policy degenerate into petty personal disputes. It also bothers me when I see the tired lame personal disparagements of Sarah that mirror the lefts memes. I don’t care if you don’t like her or her policies, if so make a good arguement why if you can. If all you can muster are tired old personal put downs then you will get some flack from me if I’m around.

That said, I’m now being summoned to participate in fun things so chow for now.

shmendrick on August 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM

After all he has to do what he’s told, just like you.

shmendrick on August 1, 2010 at 1:38 PM

What?

Inanemergencydial on August 1, 2010 at 2:23 PM

Allah must be off duty since we haven’t had a “cojones” thread yet.

Fighton03 on August 1, 2010 at 8:59 PM

Bravest anonymous commenter on the planet.

Inanemergencydial on August 1, 2010 at 12:51 PM