Video: Who’s up for another insanely slick ad from the Republican Governors Association? Update: Old?

posted at 6:55 pm on July 28, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via the Right Scoop. Even Mediaite, in full sneer at the content, can’t help gawking at how remarkably high the production values are. That’s par for the course with the RGA, though. The famous “Remember November” ad from a few months ago was one of the only spots in recent memory that went viral not because of any gimmick in the script but purely by virtue of the atmospherics. Take some recycled footage, add the right ominous music, trick things out with MTV-style editing to create a sense of cyclonic disorientation and voila — you’ve got the RGA special. A staffer told the Daily Caller last time that “Remember November” was cooked up by young staff members, but consider me skeptical. This is just too darned slick.

14 Weeks from Republican Governors Association on Vimeo.

Update: Very strange. I’m seeing lots of coverage online of the RGA ad over the last day or two (the ad is, after all, entitled “14 Weeks,” i.e. 14 weeks until election day), but it looks like the RGA actually released this spot back in March. Maybe it’s a reissue?

Comments

Love how it ends on Lincoln. Republican.

Good Lt on July 28, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Thumping “Omen” style music building to crescendo, fast cuts & transitions, frightening looks at the Demon Messiah and his evil court ripping apart the very fabric of American Life.

The B1tch is…..this nightmare is on Pensylvania Ave…..Not Elm Street.

Tim_CA on July 28, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Excellent video.

I love the shots of the townhalls and part w/ Mark Levin.

WELL DONE.

barrythrowslikeagirl on July 28, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Oh geez…this is tiresome… every guy who wants to run for POTUS, Gringrich, Pawlemty, Romney… but they don’t fight… then RINOs McCain and Lindsey who I can’t stand… Whitman our only choice in CA…what a depressing lineup…is this the best the GOP has? No Mama Grizzlies running for Gov?

CCRWM on July 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM

CCRWM on July 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I seem to recall that when the going got tough, the first mama grizzly quit.

pearson on July 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Despite some of the criticisms lodged here, it is a good ad overall. I’d like to see it reworked to a shorter length and with more female faces.

Red State State of Mind on July 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Slices like a Hammer!

abobo on July 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM

Great ad!

There is a political asteroid racing toward Earth.
Impact zone: Capitol Hill.
Impact date: November 2nd.

Some of the Dinosaurs up there should be getting their affairs in order.

eyesky on July 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Some of the Dinosaurs up there should be getting their affairs in order.

eyesky on July 28, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I’d be happier if they’d wander into a convienently located tar pit.

massrighty on July 28, 2010 at 10:00 PM

I seem to recall that when the going got tough, the first mama grizzly quit.

pearson on July 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Shhhhh. She did it because she accomplished everything she wanted. Or something.

Speedwagon82 on July 28, 2010 at 10:28 PM

What bothers me is a fellow 27 year old office worker who is very bright though young and learning, after his Obama by in now thinks all politicians are completely liars and is turned off by the process Obama sold. OK he won’t vote for Obama again most likely but he is in the out field if he’ll vote for any liar as he sees it in the near future. Responsible politicians, be them Dems, Reps, or Ind, are totally missing major voters opportunities who are turned off after Obama Sham that they could relate to.

wubu on July 28, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I seem to recall that when the going got tough, the first mama grizzly quit.

pearson on July 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Oh, how quaint. A brand-new talking point….er…a recyled brand-new…oh, never mind. SOS different day.

Get your effing facts straight next time.

Tennman on July 28, 2010 at 11:21 PM

No Palin in ad…..

Oil Can on July 28, 2010 at 7:03 PM

She is not a governor anymore.

Chudi on July 28, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Remember November
Remember, remember

Schadenfreude on July 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Sara should get into the Senate where she would do the most good. If I remember correctly it was the GOP that put the bridle and bit on her when she shined the most.

mixplix on July 29, 2010 at 4:34 AM

WOW. I think I have a thrill going up my leg. ;)

Seriously, though: I finished this video and thought, “F*ck Yeah!”

Animator Girl on July 29, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Nicely done, and thought provoking (forward thinking).

But, the creators must be prepared for the rebuttal ads and be ready to reverse the direction they try to take U.S., and always use the the truth because truth trumps tall tales.

MSGTAS on July 29, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Despite being HA’s resident cold-as-ice autistic the RGA ads NEVER fail to give me the chills!
We will remember-come November!

annoyinglittletwerp on July 29, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Seriously, though: I finished this video and thought, “F*ck Yeah!”

Animator Girl on July 29, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Pleasant and energetic change from the usual “too long”, “not enough..”, and “but they never..” Eeyore postings here.

..you go girl!

The War Planner on July 29, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Remember November re-published this video on their FB website at the beginning of this week.

Sultry Beauty on July 29, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I seem to recall that when the going got tough, the first mama grizzly quit.

pearson on July 28, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Speedwagon82 on July 28, 2010 at 10:28 PM

yeah….and we haven’t heard a thing from her since.

Fighton03 on July 29, 2010 at 2:38 PM