Obamateurism of the Day

posted at 8:05 am on July 27, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Once again, Barack Obama tries to make the case that he feels our pain:

He says he and first lady Michelle Obama took a hit like everybody else when the economy nearly collapsed, telling ABC that a college fund for daughters Malia and Sasha has gone “up and down” with the stock market.

Obama says the first couple is “not that far removed from what most Americans are going through.” He tells the network “it was just a few years ago that we had high credit card balances, we had two kids, thinking about college. We had our own retirement accounts, wondering if we were going to be able to get enough assets in there.”

Uh, when the economy nearly collapsed, the Obamas were earning millions of dollars in book royalties and Obama was a US Senator on his way to the White House.  His retirement account would have come from the American taxpayer with just one more term in the Senate, and is now secure with his presidential pension.  Meanwhile, his books still roll up tons of cash, which hardly puts Obama in the position of having to determine whether he can afford to spend money on food.

Meanwhile, the Obama family will be pretty far removed for their vacation:

The White House says first lady Michelle Obama will travel to Spain next week for a private trip with longtime family friends.

Mrs. Obama will be traveling with her youngest daughter, Sasha. President Barack Obama and daughter Malia will not be on the trip.

And while in Spain, they won’t be traveling on $20 a day:

Mother and daughter would come to the southern holiday resort of Marbella on a “private visit in the company of old friends,” the source told the German Press Agency…

Spanish media reports said Michelle Obama and her younger daughter Sasha, 9, would be on Spain’s Costa del Sol between August 4 and 8.  There had been speculation that Barack Obama might also come to Spain to celebrate his 49th birthday on August 4.

Michelle Obama has reserved about 30 rooms for herself and her daughter, their friends and bodyguards at a five-star hotel in Benahavis near Marbella, hotel sources said.

Not far removed, eh?  How many of those struggling Americans have ever been to Spain, at a five-star resort?

Illustrations by Chris Muir of Day by Day. Be sure to read the adventures of Sam, Zed, Damon, and Jan every day! Chris has started his annual fund drive, so be sure to visit the DBD site and keep DBD in action!

Comments

Wow. what a story of adversity, struggle, and overcoming…./

ted c on July 27, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Can I has some cake now?

ted c on July 27, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Has Obama ever spent a dime of his own money for the private schools the kids attend?

rob verdi on July 27, 2010 at 8:11 AM

“And now look at me! Running up the national debt to unsustainable levels, as if I haven’t learned a thing about fiscal responsibility!”

/s

cs89 on July 27, 2010 at 8:11 AM

this clod lies when the truth is easier

devadevadasa on July 27, 2010 at 8:11 AM

I’m shocked, Ed. Are you actually instigating anger against Obama on this thread?

Spain seems a bit dangerous for a little girl given the separatists there. But then, who’d want to mess with taking on the big mouth with biceps atop the first family. /mamagrizzly’s cross party lines

maverick muse on July 27, 2010 at 8:13 AM

It seems to me they are getting as much travel in as possible, since they only have about 2 years left to do it.
The financial pain he supposedly feels, will be nothing like going down in history as our worst president…that is pain none of us will ever feel…

right2bright on July 27, 2010 at 8:13 AM

She wants to see Amerikkka’s future- 20% unemployment due to the fabulous Spanish green economy.

Monica on July 27, 2010 at 8:13 AM

wondering if we were going to be able to get enough assets in there.”

Fortunately Goldman Sachs and Countrywide was there to help out…

right2bright on July 27, 2010 at 8:14 AM

At least they’re feeling MY pain. I couldn’t get MY 30 rooms in a Spanish villa–mostly because I didn’t have enough money to take a one-day vacation.

Wake up, America. We’re being played.

Sheesh.

Crusader Rabbit on July 27, 2010 at 8:15 AM

The Obamas have an uncanny resemblance to the Veneerings in Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens.

goddessoftheclassroom on July 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Wow. what a story of adversity, struggle, and overcoming…./

ted c on July 27, 2010 at 8:09 AM

Can’t wait for the movie…Wonder who will get the lead roll to play Oboobi?

SHARPTOOTH on July 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Barry is about as convincing playing a man of the people as he is a patriot.

Insomniac on July 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Traveling in the company of old friends, eh Michelle?

Lucifer and Beelzebub? Going to get the lil’ one baptized?

IronDioPriest on July 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Michelles no-show job
Paid only 300K…
Such destitution!

Haiku Guy on July 27, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Can I has some cake now?

ted c on July 27, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Michelle Antionette says, “Don’t let them eat that cake!”

Haiku Guy on July 27, 2010 at 8:19 AM

Traveling in the company of old friends, eh Michelle?

Lucifer and Beelzebub? Going to get the lil’ one baptized?

IronDioPriest on July 27, 2010 at 8:16 AM

The Wright’s, Ayers’ and Farrakan are finally getting their payback for helping the O’s sthrough the tough times.

thomasaur on July 27, 2010 at 8:19 AM

I read somewhere that he will be on the View instead of taking a few minutes to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Boy Scouts. If this is true it just shows what a tin ear he has for all things American.

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Michelle’s Spain trip (during Obama*s birthday) is preceded by their weekend vacation in Florida and when she comes back it is 10 days of vacation fun in Matha’s Vineyard…

Why so many vacations Michelle? Too much stress at the White House? Or???
Is there going to be a Marilyn Monroe-type, “Happy Birthday to you Mr. President” moment when the secret (acccording to Esquire magazine) Obama (girl)friend shows up at his birthday party while Michelle is away???

albill on July 27, 2010 at 8:22 AM

I don’t know about you, but my social network is the same as my socio-economic class. That means that my “long-time friends” are just as broke as I am. Neither they, or I, can afford to vacation for days on end at a five-star resort in Spain. Who are the “friends”?

texabama on July 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM

Hey, I bet My Belle Michelle bought her United tix to Spain and the 30 rooms on her credit card so that she can get reward points. Or maybe she used frequent flyer miles? She is going to be jet lagged during the Gulf Coast vacation…she’ll need that Martha’s Vineyard vacation to recover. The sacrifices the King an Queen make for us.

Dingbat63 on July 27, 2010 at 8:24 AM

How’s that 13 dollar stimulus check work n out for ya!

roflmao

donabernathy on July 27, 2010 at 8:25 AM

Don’t get into such a snit. A Spanish 5 star hotel, even on Costa del Sol, is not anything like a 5 star on Manhattan. Gonna get out and ‘rough it’ a bit, they are. Good for the soul, ya know.

ss396 on July 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Obama: Our finances have suffered, too
========================================

The Smallest Crying Violin

canopfor on July 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM

I wonder if the Obamas participated in Bright Start? The 529 Alexi Giannoulias ran. Alexi was shocked, shocked I tell you, that the bond/fixed income portion of the fund had gone down by some 20 percent.

And, well, Spain’s Costa del Sol is prettier that the Gulf Coast this time of year. Oh, it looks good on you though…

Fallon on July 27, 2010 at 8:29 AM

“He says he and first lady Michelle Obama took a hit like everybody else when the economy nearly collapsed…”

To quote that insurance spokesman, “Guys, I just gagged!”

KS Rex on July 27, 2010 at 8:29 AM

It’s weird that the family will be in different places for his birthday. They were apart for Father’s Day also. Thirty rooms, that’s a lot of folks.

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Poor management of his assets are no excuse. Is it our fault that the then Senator overpaid Tony Rezko?

“It was simply not good enough that I paid above the appraised value for the strip of land that he sold me. It was a mistake to have been engaged with him at all in this or any other personal business dealing that would allow him, or anyone else, to believe that he had done me a favor,” the senator said.

Can we get a sympathy golf clap?

Rovin on July 27, 2010 at 8:32 AM

The more removed from me the Obamas get, the better.

tomg51 on July 27, 2010 at 8:34 AM

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Bet W can make himself available.

publiuspen on July 27, 2010 at 8:35 AM

Are we paying for this, too? I can relate in a way. We’ve stayed at some 5 star hotels but the company paid for it on an expense account. Guess I do have something in common after all.

Kissmygrits on July 27, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Like everybody else, huh? I just cashed in our coin jar to buy offspring a small treat. Guess O’s jar is a bit bigger. Oh yeah, it’s not his money — it’s ours.

publiuspen on July 27, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Well,Obama could use his words!

The President of the United States came down here, met with us in person, and this is what he told us. He said this to me. He said, “Governor, if people lose their jobs because of the moratorium, they can file a BP claim. I said, “Mr. President, with all due respect, what if BP doesn’t pay?” He said, “Don’t worry, Governor, they can file an unemployment claim.”
——————–

canopfor on July 27, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Vacation Commander-In-out-of-Touch-Chief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 27, 2010 at 8:41 AM

“a private trip with longtime family friends.?”

Spain?

Has anyone informed the First Lady that Spain introduced African slaves to the Western hemisphere back in the early 1500′s, about the time the Segovia Alcazar Royal Court of Isabella “outlawed” the taking of Native Americans as slaves? [After all, apparently Obama gave the UK back that famous statue of Churchill because his umbrage at Winston's alleged involvement in suppressing Mau-Mau.]

As for the trip itself…

If the First Lady were looking for Hispanic/Iberian “flavor,” there are oodles and oodles of locales all across America that have local summer festivals and such celebrating everything from cooking to goat roping, Mariachi to Salsa, and beyond.

Might help stimulate the economy of many a stricken American town as well.

This trip is no Obamteurism…it is flaunt it whilst ya got it…and to the once-working full time American family guy [over 10% of the workforce) perhaps a bit tacky, too.

coldwarrior on July 27, 2010 at 8:42 AM

30 rooms. Wow. Think if this was a Republican in office that by the end of the week “30 rooms” would be a phrase that when used the entire nation would know what you are talking about?

Marcus on July 27, 2010 at 8:44 AM

“Obama says the first couple is ‘not that far removed from what most Americans are going through’”

He really has no clue, does he?

coldwarrior on July 27, 2010 at 8:47 AM

He really has no clue, does he?

coldwarrior on July 27, 2010 at 8:47 AM

Actually he isn’t that far removed since he’s the cause of a lot of it.

thomasaur on July 27, 2010 at 8:49 AM

publiuspen on July 27, 2010 at 8:35 AM

I bet you are right.

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2010 at 8:51 AM

Vacation? What is that, I have to check prices carefully when at the grocery store and we rarely eat out. But I get to pay for their trips!

Cookies Mom on July 27, 2010 at 8:54 AM

right2bright on July 27, 2010 at 8:13 AM

I beg to differ. I’m feeling that pain daily.

There Goes The Neighborhood on July 27, 2010 at 8:55 AM

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2010 at 8:20 AM

And because he has a tin ear for all things American, I’d just as soon NOT have him sully the Scouting Jamboree by imposing his giant ego upon it.

ya2daup on July 27, 2010 at 8:56 AM

The Obama family is walking through life in a daze. I don’t know a single friend who is taking more than a long weekend at a motel 6 somewhere this summer.

jbh45 on July 27, 2010 at 8:59 AM

If the First Lady were looking for Hispanic/Iberian “flavor,”…

She could also get a Hispanic flavor in Arizona.

Dingbat63 on July 27, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Michelles no-show job
Paid only 300K…
Such destitution!
Haiku Guy on July 27, 2010 at 8:17 AM

When she left that job, was it filled? I read somewhere, probably here, that it wasn’t.

Akzed on July 27, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Here in the UK we see Marbella as the favourite haunt of criminals, a place for exhibitionists and the nouveaux riche. It is NOTHING like the real Spain -

JohninLondon on July 27, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Y’know MSM, some reporting on his pre-pres-campaign (assumed to be extremely high) credit card debts and his overall management of his family’s personal finances would’ve been a decent story, don’t you think?

rogerb on July 27, 2010 at 9:02 AM

We take responsibility for our debts. The Obamas—-not so much. Nothing shows the irresponsibility that they have for money better than this: http://sweetness-light.com/archive/obamas-lived-above-their-means-for-years

Read it and weep.

BetseyRoss on July 27, 2010 at 9:03 AM

Could they possibly take ANY more vacation? Holy schnizzle.

Alden Pyle on July 27, 2010 at 9:06 AM

please tell me that this trip must be on their dime and not ours…seriously…or because she will be meeting the king and queen of spain, it will be considered an official trip that we pay for…

cmsinaz on July 27, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Well who hasn’t spent time in Spain at a five-star resort? I mean, you do have to suffer the occasional summer where your apartment in Venice needs to be repainted. It’s not like these folks are poor benighted serfs.

Yeesh.

/T. Coddington Van Voorhees VII

rbj on July 27, 2010 at 9:07 AM

JohninLondon on July 27, 2010 at 9:00 AM

You know, you may be on to something here. Marbella. Haunt of criminals? First Lady making a trip with long time family friends? Friends from Chicagoland, I’d assume. Hmmmm. Apt nexus there, I’d say.

coldwarrior on July 27, 2010 at 9:07 AM

Whatever.

I bet he never shopped for diapers at Walmart.

Brian1972 on July 27, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Even though O’Carter won’t bother to go to Spain himself, maybe he feels like he owes Spain something for investigating former Bush administration officials for war crimes.

Let them eat cake have Michelle.

pain train on July 27, 2010 at 9:11 AM

People have been comparing Mr. Obama to Mr. Carter and not without reason. Mr. Obama better rustle up a V-necked cardigan sweater because I’m seeing more Marie Antoinette then Jimmy Carter.

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2010 at 9:13 AM

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2010 at 9:13 AM

“The people are starving? They have no bread? Let them eat arugula.”

coldwarrior on July 27, 2010 at 9:19 AM

coldwarrior on July 27, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Cool, that combines the selfish queen and the First Lady’s fat police. What a country.

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2010 at 9:21 AM

It’s time to install thrones in the oval office, give them crowns and start calling it the White Palace.

scalleywag on July 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM

scalleywag on July 27, 2010 at 9:22 AM

That would be racist.

Brian1972 on July 27, 2010 at 9:29 AM

this clod lies when the truth is easier

devadevadasa on July 27, 2010

He must lie as every truth about him is damning or at least suspect. He can’t afford the luxury of deciding which truth is less harmful. Easier to lie about everything.

Extrafishy on July 27, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Brian1972 on July 27, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Why not, everything else is nowadays.

scalleywag on July 27, 2010 at 9:41 AM

They should call him King Kicka$$, except that the only a$$ being kicked around that I’ve seen is his own.

scalleywag on July 27, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Maybe Mama Evita ObaMao will write off the trip as a business junket to learn or about Spain’s “successful” green energy programs or how to fast-forward national unemployment.

onlineanalyst on July 27, 2010 at 9:49 AM

ss396 on July 27, 2010 at 8:28 AM

It’s a Ritz-Carlton. I doubt it is below Manhattan standards.

Somehow, I can’t imagine dear Queenie would rough it at all.

Greyledge Gal on July 27, 2010 at 10:00 AM

He has obviously had to eat, for weeks on end, ramen noodles and generic mac and cheese while getting through school like my wife and I had to.

I felt his pain. I wish I could feel his pain now.

DuctTapeMyBrain on July 27, 2010 at 10:06 AM

“(I)t was just a few years ago that we had high credit card balances, we had two kids, thinking about college.”

Then, I wrote TWO biographies and Teddy and everyone bought them in bulk to help me out. Why can’t everyone do that?

Fallon on July 27, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Yeah, they are just like us.

Hotel Villa Padierna, Marbella:

Discover true Spanish charm in the mountains of Marbella at The Hotel Villa Padierna where on a clear day you can see the coastline of Africa and every night the sunsets are more spectacular than the last.

Set near the shores of the Costa del Sol, our resort this is the perfect place to soak in the Mediterranean sun, tee off in an idyllic setting, or indulge in a leisurely walk through the boutique shops on the harbor.

Setting the standard among hotels in Marbella, The Hotel Villa Padierna features:

•129 exquisitely appointed guest rooms, suites and villas
•Three 18 hole golf courses: Los Flamingos (par 71), Alferini (par 73) and Tramores (par 71)
•Racquet Club with six paddle courts and two tennis courts
•Thermae Spa with more than 21,000 square feet / 2,000 square meters
•Exciting cuisine featuring Andalucian, Mediterranean and international menus
•Over 12,000 square feet / 1,000 square meters of meeting space
•Partnership with Puro Beach: VIP treatment for Villa Padierna clients with a 20% discount on sun beds

Please select one of the links below to learn more about our Marbella hotel’s amenities and features.

Guest Room Features & Amenities
Property Features & Amenities
Business Services
Hotel Policies
Beach Services

——————————————————————————–
Guest Room Features & Amenities

•Views of the Golf Courses or Mountains
•High-Speed Internet access
•Nespresso coffee machine in suites
•200 or 400-thread-count 100% combed cotton linens
•Italian or Andalucian artwork
•Travertine Olivillo bath with double sink and rain showers
•Penhaligons bathroom amenities in suites
•Lighted makeup mirror and hair dryer
•Twice-daily housekeeping attention with evening turndown service
•Plush terry robes
•TV and CD player, three telephones
•In-room safe
•Fully-stocked refreshment bar
•24-hour in-room dining
•Air conditioning
•Iron and ironing board upon request
•Complimentary overnight shoeshine
•Choice of one king or two twin beds

——————————————————————————–
Property Features & Amenities

•Flamingos Golf Club: Los Flamingos (par 71) and Alferini (par 73).
•Thermae Spa with eight themed baths and steam rooms with two saunas
•12 treatment rooms offering the best variety of ESPA health and beauty treatments
•Indoor heated swimming pool
•Outdoor swimming pool
•Beach shuttle transfers (available in high season)
•Racquet Club with six paddle courts and two tennis courts
•On-site hair salon
•Multi-lingual staff
•Complete concierge services
•Laundry and dry cleaning services
•Babysitting services
Children under 6 years old are not allowed to use the indoor pool
Pool hours for children from 6 to 12 years old: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., accompanied by an adult.

Greyledge Gal on July 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM

I’ve been to Marbella & the Costa Del Sol… there’s much prettier parts of the world to go to. There are so many Brits there (mostly retired footballers) that the only two reasons to go there are: 1. No Espanol is required and 2. you can find a lovely full-English anywhere. You think Michelle is a fan of beans and bacon?

ExPat on July 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM

College fund? Retirement plan?

What are these things of which you speak?

CurtZHP on July 27, 2010 at 10:11 AM

30 rooms?! Sounds like some party.

When will we be able to document that the Obies paid for this and not the taxpayer? They are expected to pick up the tab for this vacation (ex travel), right?

As I said some months ago, we should just buy them a country and relocate them. It would be a lot cheaper.

Cody1991 on July 27, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Not far removed, eh? How many of those struggling Americans have ever been to Spain, at a five-star resort?

And booked 30 rooms at said 5-star for the entourage? That might narrow down the pool of “folks who have done that” even further, no?

iurockhead on July 27, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Might I suggest for their next outing.
They can swim, eh?

Open The Door on July 27, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Once again, Barack Obama tries to make the case that he feels our pain

Was this a tactic good ol’ boy Billy Jeff suggested he take when they had their tête à tête last week?

I can understand that taxpayers pick up the tab for her highness, the daughter and bodyguards, but WTF about the rest of this crowd? Surely that’s on their guests.

If not, that is about as arrogant and in-your-face corruption that they have pulled to date.

tru2tx on July 27, 2010 at 10:35 AM

my grandmother had a term for this kind of display of Nouveau richness…

golfmann on July 27, 2010 at 10:36 AM

golfmann on July 27, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Do tell.

publiuspen on July 27, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2010 at 8:31 AM

Now, Cindy, you know they have the greatest love affair EVER of any presidential couple! The MSM told me so by showing them holding hands and having date nights to NYC in Air Force One! Love affair, my @$$! Let me vacation separately on my husband’s birthday and Father’s Day, not happening. They are a complete sham. Like someone earlier said, all our “old friends” are just as broke as we are and they are not vacationing at five star hotels in Europe with whole swaths of hotel rooms blocked out for them.

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM

my grandmother had a term for this kind of display of Nouveau richness…

golfmann on July 27, 2010 at 10:36 AM

White Trash? Oh, right…. that was the Clintons.

Cody1991 on July 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM

TXMomof3: Its Bliss Baby,ahem!!:)

canopfor on July 27, 2010 at 10:48 AM

But Love Story was based on Algore and Tipper’s romance.

Dingbat63 on July 27, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Lifestyles of the rich & famous.

itsnotaboutme on July 27, 2010 at 10:57 AM

TXMomof3 on July 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM

I know, the NYC date did bring sentimental tears to my eyes but I think it was from looking at the $70,000 missing from the taxpayer’s wallet. I’m just an old softy.

Cindy Munford on July 27, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Last year, when millions of U.S. Americans were out of work, many for the first time, the Os made 4.5 million.

Either the presidents (any of them) should work for $1.00/year, or they should get paid what they do and pay for all their personal expenses. Taxpayers don’t owe them emperor like living status.

Schadenfreude on July 27, 2010 at 11:26 AM

This vacation to Spain is not well thought out. (In terms of the vacation itself.)

The jet lag is going to make it almost not worthwhile. And it’s going to be especially hard on the daughter.

Alana on July 27, 2010 at 11:35 AM

How many American family FLY their dog to a vacation site ON HIS VERY OWN JET?

Yeah, Barry, you’re ‘just like the rest of us’.

GarandFan on July 27, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Come on people, you can’t begrudge our elites their little distractions. After all, do you know just how much work it is to be constantly expected to tell the rest of us how to live while ignoring those dictates in order to maintain appearances as light-workers?

Sheesh, you would think people believed they were actually enjoying living as American royalty or something. Noblesse Oblige is such a burden after all.

/s

Fatal on July 27, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Cake for them and the unions.
Crumbs for us from the cake taken from us.

Amendment X on July 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM

The pain in Spain will be hard to explain.

Amendment X on July 27, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Amendment X on July 27, 2010 at 12:28 PM

nice one :)

cmsinaz on July 27, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Folks, it takes thirty rooms of help to get M’chell from this: M’chell-Said Speech

….to the way we see her in the White House. Makeup person, hair straightener person, hairdresser, masseuse, back-waxer, dresser, shoe person, belt courier, etc, etc. This is one high-maintenance broad.

PS Note the finger.

slickwillie2001 on July 27, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Hmmmm.

“Michelle Obama has reserved about 30 rooms for herself and her daughter, their friends and bodyguards at a five-star hotel in Benahavis near Marbella, hotel sources said.”

So we the taxpayers are paying for “their friends” to go on a vacation in Spain and staying at a 5 star hotel??

memomachine on July 27, 2010 at 12:44 PM

It saddens me that the first family has fallen on such hard times that they could book only 30 rooms. And it doesn’t look like their Portugese Water Dog will be going either. (wipes a tear). Perhaps we should send them some money.

Oh, wait…

/s

BitterClinger on July 27, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Yup! How many Americans are struggling just to find a job? How many are struggling to rebuild, in vain, their 401k’s, and retirement accounts? How many have had to delve into college funds, just to make ends meet? How many as you’ve said, have had to decide between food, gas, a/c, heat or anything else of necessity?

Meanwhile, Michelle books 30 rooms for family, and friends, and security? And just how much of this is being booked onto the backs of tax payers?

If the Obama’s had any decency, only one vacation a year, and 2 weeks max, and they’d pay for it themselves. That’s far more than most are getting.

capejasmine on July 27, 2010 at 2:12 PM

Can anyone remember back in February 2009, as Obama read the teleprompter giving his State of the Union address…being met with wild cheering and love-crazed applause?

Can anyone remember Obama’s promises?

President Barack Obama promised a nation shuddering in economic crisis…that he would lead it from a dire “day of reckoning” to a brighter future, summoning politicians and public alike to shoulder responsibility for hard choices and shared sacrifice.

Apparently, neither can Barrack. And certainly not Michelle.

coldwarrior on July 27, 2010 at 3:03 PM

“Discover true Spanish charm in the mountains of Marbella at The Hotel Villa Padierna where on a clear day you can see the coastline of Africa…”

Greyledge Gal on July 27, 2010 at 10:09 AM

Ruh-roh. If she’s going to Marbella just so she’ll be able to say afterward that for the first time in her life she’s really proud of her husband’s home country, she’s got the wrong coast.

leilani on July 27, 2010 at 4:49 PM

I would like to believe that no one is stupid enough to buy this line of crap from BHO, but I live in CA now and know people do here. It’s simply maddening…

MannyT-vA on July 27, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Who’s paying for this 30-room vacation?

SilentWatcher on July 28, 2010 at 1:50 AM