Children dropping F-bombs for gulf spill “charities” now

posted at 2:00 pm on July 25, 2010 by Diane Suffern

Nothing says “I mean business” like a well-timed f-bomb, especially coming from a kid.

Not to be outdone by Junk Shot, Top Kill, Saw and Cap, Hot Tap and “Plug the Damn Hole,” Luke Montgomery and Nate Guidas of Unf–k The Gulf have upped the rhetorical ante (content warning):

Compelling.

I mean, Just look at those f–king kids saying f–k.  Just look at them!  Doesn’t this insipid, scripted rant against Big Oil inspire action?  Get angry!  Get outrageously outraged that little kids are so distraught over this environmental crisis they’re duty-bound to use language they aren’t inclined to use unless they’re exposed to it by adults!  Use that f–king anger and buy this f–king overpriced t-shirt to help clean up the mess Big F–ing Oil made.  What?  Who’s f–ing Bobby Jindal?  Why should I care that the drilling moratorium ham-stringed Louisianians’ ability to get back to work?  What f–ing speech?  What protest at the Cajundome?  Who cares…look at these f–king pelicans!

Honestly, that idiocy offends me more than children being used for yet another leftist cause célèbre (although Culture Warrior Bill O’Reilly might disagree).  It’s the same sort of banal sloganeering which brought us “Hope/Change,” “Yes we can,” and “Just fix it!” which helped usher in the most appalling statist policies our nation has seen since FDR. The same people also create sites like BP Republicans, conveniently forgetting that BP’s 2008 donations broke even between Republicans and Democrats with Obama raking in the single largest donation ever given to one candidate. They suffer from similar petrol-induced amnesia concerning Rahm Emanuel’s uncomfortable BP connection, as well.

But it’s not political, it’s environmental.  It’s charity.  Right.  The funds go to one of four non-profit groups with no political motivation at all including Earth Justice (an environmental law firm) and Greenpeace.

Don’t get me wrong.  I realize the enormous ecological damage this spill has caused and am well aware of BP’s role in the disaster.  I ♥ sea turtles. But it’s this sort of jejune, mantra-chanting propaganda which now promotes policy, bringing us federal “top kills” such as Obama’s new National Ocean Council and an ideologically-driven drilling moratorium irrespective of Gulf States’ livelihood.  (Read Laura Curtis’ fantastic post on the administration’s response to the crisis.)

Unf–k the Gulf‘s polemic isn’t shocking.  It isn’t surprising, it isn’t unbiased, and it isn’t cute.  They can spew the f-word all they want and I’ll still tell those children to plug their damn holes and let the adults get back to f–king work.

(h/t Mediaite)

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

These are the kind of children you should expect when the only values they are taught are from union “educators”. State run parenting at it’s best!

djtnt on July 25, 2010 at 3:08 PM

All you who pass judgment on the millions of teachers in this nation…you are so right. I drop “F” bombs to my six year old students left and right, and no one says a thing. Day to day stuff, doncha know, all part of the coordinated indoctrination techniques we learned in indoctrination school.
Grace_is_sufficient on July 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM

Read deeper . The point the poster made did not blame teachers.

CWforFreedom on July 25, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Folks — someone’s going to make some real money off this. Gosh, a little “whois” magic and we see:
+++
montgomery, luke politicalsmartass@gmail.com
645 rue wellington #417 Montreal, Quebec h3c 1t2 Canada
(514) 691-9527
+++
Yep, that is to whom the site unf–kthegulf.com is registered. Now don’t you wish YOU were enough of a capitalist to have thought this up? You would shortly be rolling in enough ka-ching to make Scrooge McDuck happy.

SunSword on July 25, 2010 at 4:40 PM

montgomery, luke politicalsmartass@gmail.com
645 rue wellington #417 Montreal, Quebec h3c 1t2 Canada
(514) 691-9527
+++

SunSword on July 25, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Hey, now look what you have gone and done. I almost kinda admire them. Grifters indeed.

sharrukin on July 25, 2010 at 4:44 PM

+++

SunSword on July 25, 2010 at 4:40 PM

SunSword: So,the Con game is being run out of Canada,
thankfully,not from my province!!

canopfor on July 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM

I’m not sure a content warning is any good when he’s flipping the bird on the video still for all to see. lol

eforhan on July 25, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I stopped dressing my 19 and 22 YO kids approx. 15 yrs ago …… they can wear what they want. With that said, if I were to go to a public place and they wished to join me, they will not be wearing that stupid t-shirt.

Geez, have a little class people. I get the “anger” aspect here. People are pissed off in the extreme. That doesn’t make it right to drop the f-bomb on kids in public. Be more creative than wearing a billboard with adult language in the content. We are forking better than that.

David in ATL on July 25, 2010 at 5:04 PM

I wonder how the bacon in Wales differs from the US since I had one just yesterday?

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM

It’s cured differently and cut differently than in the U.S.
The Brits like it with lots more fat on it and call it “streaky bacon.”
(I’ve lived there twice.)

Jenfidel on July 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM

RadClown on July 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Good stuff there.

I guess they have all the clichès covered.

Non profits… that’s a whole series of threads right there for those scams.

reaganaut on July 25, 2010 at 5:33 PM

They want your focking money.

lexhamfox on July 25, 2010 at 5:43 PM

Read deeper . The point the poster made did not blame teachers.

CWforFreedom on July 25, 2010 at 4:18 PM

No, he/she blamed parents for not correcting the “indoctrination” children receive from “union” educators.

The message was quite clear, thanks.

Grace_is_sufficient on July 25, 2010 at 5:45 PM

There’s just no excuse for using this kind of coarse language!
Will nothing stop us on our descent to becoming “Idiocracy?”

Jenfidel on July 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Amen, sistah.

PattyJ on July 25, 2010 at 5:49 PM

There never was a doubt this stupid “campaign” didn’t come from the South. While I can’t say the word is never used here, it most definitely isn’t used out in public. That would be a good way to get your butt kicked.

Squiggy on July 25, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Notice that “Five dollars from each shirt goes to charities that…hold big oil accountable.” Follow the money, right to a big law firm (BIG LAW) or left-wing public relations firm (BIG PUB). I bet the money gets as dirty as the spill.

Reminds me of buying carbon credits at $100 per twig allegedly planted in a forest somewhere.

AmericanDad on July 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM

If I made a vid like this, substituting the word “country” for “gulf,” and had the actors speak against Obama administration policies, would I be branded a child-abusing racist?

AmericanDad on July 25, 2010 at 6:32 PM

Thanks Mr. V.P. you have set a great example for the young people when you used this word to describe the passage of the Obama care bill.

thmcbb on July 25, 2010 at 6:42 PM

it most definitely isn’t used out in public.

I hear it all the time in public, mostly from teenagers* though.

I do tend to drop the f bomb in anger from time to time, or perhaps it slips in the presence of peers, but I make sure I don’t swear in front of my kids or in front of women or even in front of complete strangers. Call me old fashioned. There is nothing adult about using curse words at all. It merely displays a poor vocabulary.

Of course we’re all human… but doing it like this, deliberately, is just pathetic.

I still look back in fondness at a profanity-free (mini) tirade I launched on some punk local college kids who were dropping f bombs left and right in front of my then 7 year old daughter.

*I have redefined teenager as 11-29 these days.

reaganaut on July 25, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Jenfidel on July 25, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Thanks! Can you imagine the fat police allowing that? No wonder she misses it.

Cindy Munford on July 25, 2010 at 7:39 PM

I couldn’t even listen to more than a few seconds of that garbage; right around the time the guy with the “palestinian” (there’s no such country as Palestine, remember?) terrorist scarf appeared, I was out of there.

Anybody that let their kid in this video needs to lose custody of that kid. They want to believe it takes a village to raise a kid? Good, then turn your kid over to the rest of the village idiots, because you’re unfit to raise that kid. As for the ‘adults’ in the video, I wonder how many of them were in the gulf wiping off those dolphins and turtles? Probably not a whole lot of them. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out some 90% had never even BEEN to a gulf state, much less have the IQ to name them, off the tops of their pointed heads.

Yes, BP made a horrendous mistake and now oil is gushing into the Gulf of Mexico.

Yes, there is the possibility of slipshod safety measures being the cause.

However, as opposed to just standing there looking like idiots (as usual), both liberal kids and adults (I know: redundant) patently refuse to address the issue of the complicity of Obama Regime officials in this, who all try pointing fingers at former president Bush and former VP Cheney. Maybe when liberals learn to take responsibility for their own actions, they could have a little more credibility when trying to impugn others for theirs. Leave it to the idiotic liberal ‘mind’ to think that having kids engage in mindless profanity is a positive step in any direction.

Virus-X on July 25, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I believe I once saw a sign in an Oak Park, MI barber shop that said: “curse words are the counterfeit currency of a bankrupt vocabulary”. Now, more than ever, I can see how true that is.

Virus-X on July 25, 2010 at 8:13 PM

Spend about 2 minutes at any beach on the Gulf Coast and you’ll see these same kids littering it up.

slug on July 25, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Unf**k our country. Vote sensibly in November.

hungrymongo on July 25, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Unf**k our country. Vote sensibly in November.

hungrymongo on July 25, 2010 at 8:38 PM

That’s a slogan I can get behind…sans exploitation of kids, of course. :)

Bee on July 25, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Someone should wash their filthy f–ing mouths out with some water from the Gulf, and then explain why the word f–k only has shock value if it is not used too f—ing much.

Yeah, I’m deeply moved by a bunch of mouth-breathing, inarticulate, hipster wannabe rejects spewing invective on cue.

Sayan Neviot on July 25, 2010 at 8:56 PM

F–king yawn…

somewhatconcerned on July 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM

To quote ‘Ma’ Fratelli in The Goonies: Kids suck.

This kind of self important slogan rich be one of the hip crowd bullcr*p is targeted right at the 10-22 age group. Old enough to have money to buy t-shirts; young enough not to have the common sense God gave a turnip to think it through. Pathetic.

austinnelly on July 25, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Makes me want to leave the Gulf the way it is.

Ronnie on July 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Looks like Daryl Hall & John Oates in the very EARLY days ….

cane_loader on July 26, 2010 at 2:25 AM

I don’t know about this. I hate the language and the vitriol spewing from the video. It sickens me.

On the other hand, the fact that they are trying to do this with private money through a capitalistic venture as opposed to public money through a giant government venture is actually refreshing.

Theophile on July 26, 2010 at 3:02 AM

The most amazing thing about this is that it’s preachy AND childish at the SAME TIME! That’s impressive in its stupidity.

Way to take an actual good message and turn it into something completely not worth anyone’s time. And then hawking t-shirts at the same time – ridiculous.

Red Cloud on July 26, 2010 at 7:06 AM

If this is our future, we’re FU–ED!

Bevan on July 26, 2010 at 7:17 AM

Hey, kids!

Want to be a progressive? No brains necessary!

Just swear and curse.

Wasn’t that fun? Now you know “issues!” Go swear at conservatives! If they respond, they’re racists!

Who wants water ice?

Good Lt on July 26, 2010 at 7:59 AM

That’s the stupidest slogan since “Vote or Die”.

Dork B. on July 26, 2010 at 8:15 AM

No doubt an organization to take seriosly.

shick on July 26, 2010 at 10:17 AM

seriosly=seriously.

shick on July 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Ridiculous…. They could have at least hired some decent actors to cuss os script.

jeffn21 on July 26, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I’m supposed to care what language they use?

Once upon a time, many years ago, I was a child. I was surrounded by older people who were oh-so anxious and concerned that I not use certain words. The reasons for this were never explained to me, and I soon realized that these people were crazy.

I’m almost 40 years old now and just as convinced of that now.

leereyno on July 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I must be getting old: it took only 26 seconds, and I missed the first six, before I was too offended to continue. And I’ve been around the military all my life.

I agree with those who, above, have written variations on excessive use of profanity is the sign of a limited vocabulary and deficient thought processes.

Kevin K. on July 26, 2010 at 11:35 AM

leereyno on July 26, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I’m not particularly upset that children were hired (with permission of their parents) to participate in the campaign. It’s a stupid gimmick.
I’m more offended by the agenda.

Bee on July 26, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Want to help the people of the GoM or raise money?

We need more reports like this.

I just got back from 6 days in the Destin/Ft. Walton Beach, Florida area. Had a great time visiting my brother who lives there. Went to the beach on two of those days and swam for hours without seeing any oil or even tar balls. A buddy took us out on his boat (to Crab Island) and we were oil-free then also. I made a slight detour to Biloxi yesterday on the way home to take advantage of a free room at Beau Rivage casino. All of their beaches were open and occupied too. Much of the media reports would give the impression that the beaches are knee deep in black goop. That wasn’t the case at any of the locations I visited.

and

Same report here.

Got back Saturday after spending 7 days in Panama City Beach, FL.

Clean beach, clear water (except for a little floating algae), no oil. Even went fishing about 12 miles offshore. No oil.

We also detoured through Biloxi. Beaches and water were clean. All the guys in orange vests with latex gloves were walking around with nothing to do, other than scare off any potential beach goers.

tmitsss on July 26, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Wow. I used to be in favor of cleaning up the Gulf, but now that I see how coarse and vulgar the people involved in this project are, I say, let the %&$@ers swim in the ^%$!ing oil.

morganfrost on July 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM

morganfrost on July 26, 2010 at 12:21 PM

One of the organizers is from Canada. This is a leftist cause and has nothing to do with gulf residents as far as I can tell. Plenty of good people out there who need both clean waters and oil rigs to make a living. Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater because of these imbeciles. :)

Bee on July 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM

How low can we go….

deedtrader on July 26, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Way to make the f word as banal as “Have a nice day.”

Greek Fire on July 26, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Geez, liberals don’t realize they look so stupid when they think they’re acting intelligent. Anyone who buys one of these dumb t’s is beyond help.

godhelpus on July 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM

“This oil leak, what’s up with that s__t?”

Same idiotic mentality. Don’t know s__t about it but at least you can curse at it like a mental midget.

Edouard on July 26, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Pop culture as brought to you by the Left.

Sigh.

nico on July 26, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Kids Kids KIDS! Save the F-bomb energy spew and simply STOP using ALL THESE PRODUCTS (that’ll teach big oil a lesson eh?)

ammonia

Katfish on July 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM

“www.unf–kthegov2010.com”…?

WhoU4 on July 26, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Foul-mouthed Fairy Drama Queens:

The Gulf is F–ked!

Drudge Headline:

Disappearing Oil: Clean-Up Crews Can’t Find Crude in Gulf…

Heh. Environmental Disaster!

Jaibones on July 27, 2010 at 7:04 AM

…f-bomb, especially coming from a kid.-Diane Suffern

Draft the lil’ f…ing bomb tossers!
The Army can use them in the latrines-
in Afghanistan!

“Let’s Roll”

On Watch on July 27, 2010 at 8:27 AM

We need a little soap for these filthy mouths…

right2bright on July 27, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Well, the F bomb makes ya tough right? They use it on C.O.P.S. all the time. Makes ya b.A.D.

johnnyU on July 27, 2010 at 9:28 AM

Katfish on July 26, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Nice list, but let’s just make the list shorter and simpler for them to read:

Stop Using -