Revealed: The Obama Donor List

posted at 9:53 am on July 24, 2010 by Anita MonCrief

Cross-posted from my new site Emerging Corruption.com

For a number of years traditional print media has been on life support, but after the revelations from  Tucker Carlson’s The Daily Caller, it looks like someone finally pulled the plug. The expose on Journolist, a now defunct, listserv that included hundreds of liberal journalists, detailed:

• the Journolisters’ attempt, during the 2008 presidential campaign to kill and bury stories about Obama’s relationship with “Reverend” Jeremiah Wright;
  • their push to deliberately smear innocent conservative journalists and politicos as “racists” and “bigots”
  • their twisted passion to see Rush Limbaugh killed off and dead;
  • their intolerant desire to have the government censor and shut down Fox News; and
  • their baldly partisan effort to coordinate liberal talking points that would discredit Sarah Palin and John McCain, while helping to elect Barack Obama president.

Considering that Journolist included journalists from Washington Post, the New York Times, National Public Radio, New Republic, and Time, one has to wonder if the biggest story covered up in 2008 was the illegal coordination between ACORN and the Obama campaign.

Below is a screen shot from the newly released Obama 2nd quarter 2007 donor list. ACORN obtained this donor list from the Obama Campaign in 2007 to target maxed out presidential donors.

OBAMA DONOR FILE SCREEN SHOT

VIEW THE FULL OBAMA DONOR FILES

Revealed: Obama Donor File Part 1

As a confidential source for the New York Times, I turned this document over to reporter Stephanie Strom months before the 2008 presidential elections and though the list includes information more complete than what the Obama campaign turned over to the Federal Election Commission, the NYT decided to bury the story.

Strom and I used pseudonymous e-mail addresses while communicating and in 2008, Strom wrote:

“I’m calling a halt to my efforts. I just had two unpleasant calls with the Obama campaign, wherein the spokesman was screaming and yelling and cursing me, calling me a rightwing nut and a conspiracy theorist and everything else…”

After this weeks revelations about the efforts of the liberal media to cover-up or spike stories damaging to Obama, Strom’s next words are even more telling:

“What’s happened is that the campaign has answered some of my questions on the record — but when I sought on-the-record answers to my questions about the meeting and about the list, the campaign insisted on speaking only on background. When I asked why, I got the barrage I described earlier. Clearly, I’ve hit a nerve with what you’ve told me. The campaign knows that having the allegations of meeting attributed to ‘former employees’ — and there are more than one of you talking — and having an anonymous denial of the meeting makes it harder for me to get it into the paper.”

In 2008 the liberal media provided the cover needed for Obama to get elected, but two years later, questions remain about his relationship with ACORN and it has been clear that Obama has lied repeatedly to the American people. Its time to get Obama and ACORN on the record about what really happened with the donor lists in 2007 and 2008.

The release of the Obama donor list to the public will be followed by a formal complaint to the FEC, which both Obama and ACORN will have to respond to – on-the-record.

In 2009, the Democrat controlled Judiciary Committee heard testimony from attorney Heather Heidelbaugh, who read my 2008 testimony against ACORN into Congressional record. Evidence, and sworn testimony were among the facts ignored by the members of the committee:

“Based on the testimony, Project Vote, ACORN and other ACORN affiliated entities illegally coordinated activities with the Obama presidential campaign, converting the expenditures by Project Vote, ACORN and ACORN affiliated entities to illegal, excessive corporate contributions to the Obama presidential campaign, in violation of federal law.”

“Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty—power is ever stealing from the many to the few…. The hand entrusted with power becomes … the necessary enemy of the people. Only by continual oversight can the democrat in office be prevented from hardening into a despot: only by unintermitted Agitation can a people be kept sufficiently awake to principle not to let liberty be smothered in material prosperity. – Wendell Phillips, speech in Boston, Massachusetts, January 28, 1852.”

This post was promoted from GreenRoom to HotAir.com.
To see the comments on the original post, look here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

If ya’ll not noticed, this is on Big Government too (which, I must assume, is getting loads of traffic due to last week).

Yellowdog12 on July 24, 2010 at 6:22 PM

And in other news, global warming caused by the evil non-gov’t owned car companies and those ever dwindling manufacturing plants resulted in a profusion of sweat – reducing the country’s obese epidemic by 33%. Give thanks to the O man he’s done it all!

Fuquay Steve on July 24, 2010 at 7:31 PM

I would have liked to know about any interesting, odd, or unusual Obama donors. I wouldn’t even have minded a listing of all the names. But, I must say, I’m very uncomfortable with having people’s addresses provided also.

Or, to put it another way, I’m one of only a few Hotair people to use my own name. I decided to do so because I felt I should be held responsible for any comments I made. But how many of us would have joined and participated if we knew both our names and addresses would be posted with every comment. Because of the very likely possibility for harrassment, I would guess the answer would be “not many.” And, frankly, that’s the problem I see with this article.

Just remember, for example, how concerned most of us were when gay marriage (which I support, incidently) advocates from Washington state demanded the names and addresses of those signing the petition to place the Defense of Marriage issue on the ballot–and our Supreme Court acquiesced. (See http://www.keennewsservice.com/2010/06/24/supreme-court-upholds-disclosure-of-petitioners-names/.)

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on July 24, 2010 at 7:43 PM

Having been on the Internet since the mid 1980′s, back when everything was Usenet and “bulletin boards”, I learned long ago to use a “pen name” or pseudonym. There are too many wacko’s out there. Stalkers, sociopaths, and people who will “put the hurt on” onto anyone if someone gives them $500 to do so. Now we have the Jihadists out there also. No reason to make it easy for them to find you.

SunSword on July 24, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Dr. Waugh, i am not ashamed of my views and it is precisely for fear of the kind of harassment you describe that I chose to be anonymous. I strive at all times to be accountable and to keep my rhetoric within the bounds of good taste, because I want to be an honorable man, and because I do assume that at some point my ‘pseudonym’ will be broken and revealed to the public. I just hope that it doesn’t hurt my employability and standing in my VERY LIBERAL community.

WashingtonsWake on July 24, 2010 at 8:21 PM

This is LONG overdue!

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is the illegality of the list being handed to ACORN all on ACORN’s side? Or was it illegal for the Obama campaign to give it to them?

In other words… is this one of those things that speaks poorly of ACORN but for which Obama will (once again) be able to claim he had nothing to do with?

The man is worse than Nixon when it comes to this crap.

Jewels on July 24, 2010 at 10:19 PM

Anita Moncrief is a brave woman to stand up & speak out!

CNN will give her an hour long tv special too, no?

TN Mom on July 24, 2010 at 11:07 PM

How many Mexican drug cartel members are on the list? Or behind the front people? The Mexican drug lords have enough money to get Harry Reid and Obama elected forever. They know how to run a government with bribery. And now Mexico’s form of government has come to North America.

petunia on July 25, 2010 at 10:47 AM

Yeah, they list addresses in telephone books too.

mixplix on July 25, 2010 at 7:12 PM

Thank you for all of the comments. I can answer any individual questions by email at anita@emergingcorruption.com

As far as names and addresses are concerned, donations to campaigns are public record. Open Secrets and other sites also provide names and addresses.

Anita MonCrief on July 26, 2010 at 5:02 PM