Video: Ed Schultz speech to nutroots conference pretty much what you’d expect

posted at 6:17 pm on July 23, 2010 by Allahpundit

Given his track record, I’m going to inch out on the limb and guess that this isn’t taken out of context. Lotttts of whining about Fox News, lotttts of whining about disloyal Democrats, which is par for the course for the annual Yearly Kos or Netroots Nation or whatever-they’re-calling-it-now conference. The point of these meet-ups was, is, and shall ever be to assure lefties in the audience that (a) they’re right about everything, (b) they’re not being mean enough to conservatives, and (c) they need to purge the treacherous centrists in their ranks. In other words, it’s exactly like what the media tells you conservatives are like whenever it’s lecturing about “epistemic closure.” To wit:

“There’s a lot of Democrats I’ll be happy to see go,” Moulitsas said in an interview. “I’ll celebrate when Blanche Lincoln is out of the Senate. There is a price to be paid for inaction and incompetence. We’re not getting much done with 59 [Democratic senators], so if we’re down to 54, who cares?”

Moulitsas went on to suggest that a smaller Democratic majority in the House might be better for advancing a more progressive agenda. “If 20 Blue Dogs lost their seats, nobody’s going to care,” he said. “That’s their problem and I’m not going to cry about them. To me, a more cohesive caucus might be a better deal moving forward than one in which the Blue Dogs need to be appeased.”…

“As a party, we respect the role that people like him and his blog play and understand that their role is to try to push the envelope further than it might be pushed otherwise,” said a senior Democratic official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. “This has been the busiest and most successful Congress since the Great Depression and it’s been accomplished with big majorities. I don’t think anyone can argue that it would be better if Democrats are in the minority or have smaller majorities.”

But Moulitsas’s views were echoed by other progressive leaders who spoke on panels Thursday.

As for Schultz’s histrionics, after all the Journolist fantasias about throwing conservatives through plate glass windows and watching Rush Limbaugh die in agony from a heart attack, I’m sort of impressed that he says he doesn’t want Beck to go blind. You’re making progress, Ed. Maybe you’re one of those centrists that Netroots Nation needs to purge. (Speaking of which, this clip is high-larious.) Oh — it may interest you to know that a certain Truther-petition-signing progressive all-star made a cameo at the convention earlier today. His reception? A standing ovation, of course.

Comments

What a pig

clnurnberg on July 23, 2010 at 6:18 PM

c a n n o t click

CWforFreedom on July 23, 2010 at 6:19 PM

c a n n o t click

CWforFreedom on July 23, 2010 at 6:19 PM

2nd that…will take your word AP

cmsinaz on July 23, 2010 at 6:21 PM

fringe

rob verdi on July 23, 2010 at 6:21 PM

When is the Hot Air conference going to be?

Mark1971 on July 23, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Maybe they’re going on Fox News and not your show because people WATCH Fox news.

dirtseller on July 23, 2010 at 6:22 PM

How about 49, Sport?

Red State State of Mind on July 23, 2010 at 6:23 PM

van jones…ugh

cmsinaz on July 23, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Something sticks out like a sore thumb when watching this guy. The reason left wing radio has failed miserably is because the “talent” is much like this guy. He’s not entertaining at all. He’s just a whiny, unhappy, complainer.

What a loser. Who would want to listen to that 3 hours a day?

dirtseller on July 23, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Millions out of work. Mammoth taxes, and strippings of liberties, and freedoms are heading down the pike at a rapid pace. The economy is crap, after almost 2 years….and after a man was elected, and hailed as a savior that could cure the ills, and this bum thinks Beck is destroying the country???

Who with half a brain sits thru this clap trap, and doesn’t think……..wait a minute???

capejasmine on July 23, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Schultz has no room to talk, he’s a deranged leftist hatemonger who is, luckily, too clumsy to destroy everything he touches.

Usually he tries to destroy things and fails, ending up on his own metaphorical backside.

Merovign on July 23, 2010 at 6:27 PM

bret talking about him now….heh

cmsinaz on July 23, 2010 at 6:32 PM

How much of our bandwidth is spent watching how completely insane these people are and commenting on it, I wonder?

TheBigOldDog on July 23, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Glenn Beck is trying to destroy the country? He is on the radio. People don’t hear him unless they tune in.

How do leftists like Schultz get everything 180 degrees out of phase every time?

Inanemergencydial on July 23, 2010 at 6:33 PM

Sgt. Schultz strikes again.

portlandon on July 23, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Ed Schultz – hmm – he seems a fun guy to hang with.

NOT !!!!!

jake-the-goose on July 23, 2010 at 6:39 PM

Would Obama be welcomed there?

rob verdi on July 23, 2010 at 6:40 PM

Glenn Beck holds record for having 4 books on NYT best seller list at the same time.

Schultz sells less than 4,000 books in a month.

RadioFreeUSA on July 23, 2010 at 6:41 PM

lol…what a bunch of nutjobs. MSNBC’s core audience.

therightwinger on July 23, 2010 at 6:42 PM

lol…what a bunch of nutjobs. MSNBC’s core audience.

therightwinger on July 23, 2010 at 6:42 PM

Their entire audience. :)

ThePrez on July 23, 2010 at 6:44 PM

He and Keith just might pop a valve one of these days on camera. Their BP must be off the charts.

I suggest some serious meditation pal.

tru2tx on July 23, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Classless bastard wannabes already has never been loser

blatantblue on July 23, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I actually posted on this cowards fb page for a week during the healthcare catastrophe. Never used profanity or said anything 1/10th as hostile or sarcastic as the Left. After 3 days, blocked. Total coward. Total traitor.

JeffinOrlando on July 23, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Ed who?

IowaWoman on July 23, 2010 at 6:48 PM

Yikes. Who thought, however fleetingly, “Well, Obama’s won, now we won’t have to listen to the screaming, shrill lefties for four years?”

JamesLee on July 23, 2010 at 6:49 PM

Olbermann and Maddow, for goor bad (mostly the latter), are true blue believers. They believe their ideology. It’s not contrived.

Schultz is a phony. A complete fraud. He doesn’t believe half the stuff he says and the other half is just bombast.

SteveMG on July 23, 2010 at 6:49 PM

(Van Jones) made the case for investing in new energy technologies, and dismissed concerns about the deficit.

“There’s plenty of money out there, the only question is how to spend it,” Jones said.

Oh, yeah. Money just grows on trees, ya communist a-hole.

tru2tx on July 23, 2010 at 6:50 PM

We’re not getting much done with 59 [Democratic senators], so if we’re down to 54, who cares? Yeaah.. we got the 2 hags o’Maine, Juan McCain and Ms Lindsey.. sometimes Scotty B too … TAKE THAT DEMS …….”

macncheez on July 23, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Palate Cleanser Destroyer

Schadenfreude on July 23, 2010 at 6:52 PM

They give communist and truther Van Jones a standing O. They sympathize with racist, Marxist Shirley Sherrod. They hire disgraced former governor Eliot Spitzer to anchor a prime time show. They allow Keith Olbermann, Joy Behar, and Bill Maher to be their spokepersons. And they’ve backed the most inexperienced, incompetent, left-winger in history as President.

And they wonder why their popularity and influence has taken a nosedive?

Doughboy on July 23, 2010 at 6:52 PM

Ed is stark raving mad

faraway on July 23, 2010 at 6:54 PM

I have never met a truly peaceful Leftist — they are filled to the rim with a seething anger that I will never understand.

EasyEight on July 23, 2010 at 6:54 PM

Not our Ed.

faraway on July 23, 2010 at 6:54 PM

c a n n o t click

CWforFreedom on July 23, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I’m not going there either. Used to watch Mr. Ed the show about a talking horse when I was a kid, I’m not really interested in hearing what the other end of the horse has to say…

WhoU4 on July 23, 2010 at 6:55 PM

What a pig

That’s a disservice to pigs everywhere, who provide a valuable function. Schultz provides no valuable function other than as an example of leftist stupidity.

GarandFan on July 23, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Pathetic. Whatever point he was trying to make got lost in his whining about his ‘efforts’ and someone ignoring him.

Me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me, me……..

I’m beginning to think that not only do liberals have Mommy and Daddy issues but that they must have been beaten when someone tried to potty train them.

Cody1991 on July 23, 2010 at 6:57 PM

people like this guy make me think “liberalism” is in fact a neurotic condition. There is just no way this guy and I are on the same planet and both sentient beings.

It would be interesting to hear the man describe what he thinks is good and how the world should work, instead of spew about people he hates. I doubt he could come up with a single constuctive idea about anything. His skill is tearing things and people down, which requires no intellect or moral standing.

It’s building stuff that endures that is hard.

Harry Schell on July 23, 2010 at 6:57 PM

I’m gonna get slack for saying this, but what Kos is saying is exactly what the tea party is saying if you insert right where left is.

But Kos is a “nutjob” for believing it while the tea partiers are doing something respectable? I don’t get it.

My biggest beef with the tea party is that they believe everyone in America should not be allowed to elect anyone but a far right extremist. Some people actually *like* John McCain’s moderate stances, believe it or not. They want to ‘take over parties’ to nominate only far right conservatives and take the choice out of the hands of voters themselves. It’s extremely hypocritical.

NoStoppingUs on July 23, 2010 at 7:02 PM

This guy is just a loud, obnoxious idiot.

carbon_footprint on July 23, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I feel kind of bad now that after taxes I just piss it all away on stuff like food and shelter.

lowandslow on July 23, 2010 at 7:19 PM

That clip of Ed Shultz is embarrassingly bad. Crack-up. And with the recent antics of Chris Matthews and Joe Scarborough?

I can name 3 people who MSNBC has told either increase your ratings from 6 to 12 people are you are out-the-door. And do it any way possible:

-Ed Shultz
-Joe Scarborough
-Chris Matthews

Marcus on July 23, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Sgt. Schultz strikes again.

portlandon on July 23, 2010 at 6:37 PM

This is an insult to the great actor John Banner (RIP 1973)… Ed isn’t in the same class because he has NO CLASS…

Khun Joe on July 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM

What a loser. Who would want to listen to that 3 hours a day?

dirtseller on July 23, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Well, one of the drivers on the work shuttle I used to take kept the shuttle radio on Air America, so I guess that’s one… (The day we all had to hear Randi Rhodes talking about chocolate (literal chocolate, the candy, I mean) p*n*s*s is seared, seared in my memory.)
:-P

Mary in LA on July 23, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Hopes Beck can’t see the country he’s trying to destroy?

What do they think this administration is doing? If the founding fathers could see this now……

Gulfcoastconservative on July 23, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Sgt. Schultz strikes again.

portlandon on July 23, 2010 at 6:37 PM

Khun Joe on July 23, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Funny, when I saw the picture of Basil Marceaux, I thought of Sgt Schultz — but that’s none too respectful of John Banner’s memory either. :-)

Mary in LA on July 23, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Let’s see…banks, car companies, healthcare…. who can spell FACISM? What about all these kookie hippies that used to be so suspicious of the government? Bunch of brain dead loonies.

Gulfcoastconservative on July 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM

who can spell FACISM?

Gulfcoastconservative on July 23, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Ooh! Me! Me! F-A-S-C-I-S-M.

What do I win?

:-)

Mary in LA on July 23, 2010 at 7:42 PM

Rush made a good point today. He stated that these liberal people are fed by their anger. Well I suppose people need some sort of passion to sustain them…. I suppose hate will do if you have no happiness or optimism or joy. SAD

Gulfcoastconservative on July 23, 2010 at 7:44 PM

mary I KNEW I spelled the damn word wrong (accidentally) so I guess you do win!!!

Gulfcoastconservative on July 23, 2010 at 7:46 PM

2 glasses of wine does not make me a spelling bee champ.( or a public education.)

Gulfcoastconservative on July 23, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Gulfcoastconservative on July 23, 2010 at 7:46 PM

Yeah, but from the looks of that crowd, I win my very own personal used-up old hippie, and now what am I going to do with him/her/it???

Oh, and I see your 2 glasses of wine and raise you a swig of Ace‘s finest Valu-Rite vodka. Cheers! :-)

Mary in LA on July 23, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Mary: Rock on doodle and have a great Friday night. I will seriously work on my tipsy spelling skills.

Gulfcoastconservative on July 23, 2010 at 7:53 PM

Ewww, Ed, stop sticking your tongue out. It’s disgusting to watch.

Emily M. on July 23, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Dayum. Even the Gawkererbots hate this dude. Not strictly for the right reasons of course, but for some of the right reasons. Just check the comments.

cynccook on July 23, 2010 at 8:23 PM

“Loyalty”, heh, Obama hates him too, or at a minimum is embarassed by him.

He is not sorry that Beck is going blind. He’s just sorry that “Beck won’t see the country he’s trying to destroy”.

If there were a just god, he’d open the soil and let it swallow Ed, live.

Schadenfreude on July 23, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Why does Moulikatsos seem to have gone quiet this last year or so? Is his website still around? Haven’t seen him on the tube, hasn’t made the news for saying anything outrageous. What’s up?

slickwillie2001 on July 23, 2010 at 8:34 PM

Whenever I hear some libtard say that Beck is trying to destroy the country I can’t help but wonder who the hell they’re talking about. The Glen Beck I listen to on the radio (I don’t watch TV or I’d watch his TV show too) encourages his listeners to read and study our founding documents, study our history, study philosophy, and think about how it all connects.
It’s pretty sad when a part of our citizenry thinks it’s destructive to be well informed.

single stack on July 23, 2010 at 8:41 PM

I would so love to “accidentally” spill my drink on Shultz in a slightly seedy bar one night.

greggriffith on July 23, 2010 at 8:41 PM

Ed Schultz?

You Lose. You Lost.

Digest these four words. Let these four words sink into your heart and into your soul if you have one. Let these four words infest your brain, your dreams, and let these words reverberate into your skull until the day you leave the Earth.

Ed Schultz?

America Will Not Be Defeated.

Swallow. Good boy. Now, sit.

Key West Reader on July 23, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Ed has a TV Show? Who knew?

Kjeil on July 23, 2010 at 9:52 PM

I’m thinking of faking a nutsroot easy money scheme. Too easy, I tell myself…easy money!

rpjones68 on July 23, 2010 at 10:02 PM

This is the first time I have ever watched this guy. He’s an angry person isn’t he. If all Americans listened to this guy for one day, the democrats would never have a majority.

He also reminds me of the neighborhood bully.

Vince on July 23, 2010 at 10:28 PM

How in hell does a person get to be this deranged? Communist indoctrination would be my guess. Pass the ammunition.

LarryG on July 23, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Maybe it was the clip editing, but I did not hear any applause in his rants.

duggersd on July 23, 2010 at 10:40 PM

I think Ed Schultz was hit one too many time in the head when he played for the Oakland Raiders.

borg on July 23, 2010 at 10:48 PM

In viewing this clip, I freely admit that it is the first time I’ve ever encountered Mr. Schultz…in any media, manner or form. My day doesn’t begin, and my life doesn’t revolve, around the TV, radio or other people’s opinions.

Having put fresh eyes on this person, allow me express a fresh first impression:

…what a bully this fellow is.

He comes off like a bully…like, I’m sure, Mr. Limbaugh might appear to someone on the other side of the ideological color wheel…who is additionally handicapped by having to go through live without any sense of irony or humor….

…furthermore, it would seem that he’s really steamed that Mr. Obama didn’t stop by, when needing to grant an interview, and kiss his ring. Sure, he rails about the ideological impurity of those in office, taking those for whom he’s “worked” so assiduously to task for “cowardice”. He evidently didn’t vote for compromise or any deviation from the ideological playlist.

…but then, he hasn’t much of a gripe, if he’d merely step back and consider: we’ve got two wars, a fragile and volitile economy, rising unemployment, and a crisis in the Gulf of Mexico, and “his” president seems most concerned, alternately, with either the green agenda or socializing whole sectors of the economy…when he’s not out surrendering large swaths of society to amoral union thugs. That’s gotta be right out of somebody’s “fundamental change” playbook.

…Mr. Schultz…Mr. Olbermann…Mr. Emanuel…Mr. Rangel…Ms. Pelosi….

…proof positive that, to succeed as a nation, the electorate must rely not on its eyes and ears…it must rely on its sense of smell….

Puritan1648 on July 23, 2010 at 10:53 PM

I love the whining over Obama choosing an interview with Brett Baer instead of him in “my time slot!” Boo hoo hoo

That is one kookie dude.

RadClown on July 24, 2010 at 12:15 AM

borg on July 23, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Knocking back a fifth or so a day doesn’t help either.

RadClown on July 24, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I am most ashamed to say the jerk is a fellow Virginian. Or at least he started out that way. You are stuck with him Minnesota and good riddance I am bound to say. Apologies, too. But mostly good riddance to bad gibberish. I say you Minnesotans give him the bum`s rush back into Canada where he used to play in the CFL, whatever that was??What do you say, Ed M. (not the big head bluster head in the video!)?

Sherman1864 on July 24, 2010 at 2:48 AM

Bitter Bat-Sh*t Crazy Talk,full-Blown LibTard
Demoncrat,stuck somewhere,between John Edward’s
Two America’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 24, 2010 at 2:57 AM

Can we just agree that the Progressives are nothing more than closet COMMUNISTS?

davecatbone on July 24, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Schultz, isn’t that the brand of cheap beer – Oh no that’s right it’s Shitz I mean Schlitz.

However, it appears that ‘Big Ed’ had a few before appearing, thus explaining his ‘Beer Belly’, barroom pallor, and continued agitated/animated speech.

He also show his Demoncratic feeling toward those who are disabled or are experiencing a deliberating disease. If he really cared he would not have brought up his oppositions developing disability.

Mr. Schultz, is libel (liable) to be surprised that Mr. Beck’s ratings keep climbing further past Mr. Schultz ratings. Because, as one of a person’s sense is degraded the remaining are enhanced to compensate.

Along the line of Mr. Schultz Mr. Beck is probably thinking my reducing eyesight is a blessing in disguise – It means I do not have look at Mr. Schultz as he smears the public by thinking he is superior to U.S..

MSGTAS on July 24, 2010 at 10:18 AM

FIFY

nagee76 on July 24, 2010 at 10:44 AM

It’s pretty apparent that this guy managed to fall out of his crib and onto his head A LOT when he was a wee lad. His mother should have fit him with a helmet after the first concussion…….

adamsmith on July 24, 2010 at 11:55 AM

He will feel better when he learns Obamcare has determined his BMI qualifies his fat carcass for use as a lubricant.

borntoraisehogs on July 24, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Someone needs to create a video montage of all these hateful comments from the left.

Disturb the Universe on July 24, 2010 at 1:02 PM

borg on July 23, 2010 at 10:48 PM

When did this big loudmouth jerk ever play for the Raiders?

Gang-of-One on July 24, 2010 at 2:52 PM

The farther behind they get, the louder they get.

Sorry AP, I didn’t watch Eddie the idiot.
His pic alone is enough to gag a maggot.

Texyank on July 24, 2010 at 4:14 PM

Sgt. Schultz strikes again.

portlandon on July 23, 2010 at 6:37 PM

All true fans will remember that Sgt. Schultz was the owner of a successful toy company, until his factory was nationalized for the war production.

Slowburn on July 24, 2010 at 8:17 PM