Journolisters go after … Keith Olbermann?

posted at 9:30 am on July 23, 2010 by Ed Morrissey

Tucker Carlson may wind up generating a little sympathy for Journolisters in his Day Four revelations.  Target selection is everything in these stories, and something tells me that today will generate a lot more schadenfreude than anger among Hot Air regulars.  For this installment, Jonathan Strong gathers the collected Journolist wisdom about Keith Olbermann — and finds that this group doesn’t like him much more than the Right does:

If you were one of the 400 members of the listserv Journolist, perhaps one of the most vicious insults you could hurl at a colleague is: You’re just like Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity.

If the reader holds neutral — or even positive — views about the Fox News hosts, the insult may not sting. But in the cloistered world of liberal listserv enclaves, Hannityism is a cardinal sin. After all, Fox is a “dangerous,” “deranged” “cesspool” that, possibly, the FCC should be investigating.

The feelings against MSNBC host Keith Olbermann, then, must run deep.

“He’s become O’Reilly on the left– completely predictable, unfunny, and arrogant,” said Georgetown University Professor Michael Kazin in May 2009. “To my mind, what they do is no different form Hannity and O’Reilly,” said the New America Foundation’s Michael Cohen, “At least Hannity and O’Reilly engage with the other side (if mainly just to yell at them). Olbermann is just an echo chamber.”

Actually, that comparison has a meaning that goes beyond mere insult.  Neither Hannity nor O’Reilly maintain a pretense of being their network’s anchor, as Olbermann does.  Both clearly position themselves as opinion journalists doing a talk show, whether mainstream conservative in Hannity’s case or populist in O’Reilly’s.  Olbermann does a pompous, self-congratulatory schtick as a modern Edward R. Murrow, which apparently grates on the nerves of both the Right and the Left.

A University of Chicago professor has had enough of it: ““KO can be smart and funny, but I’ve basically had my fill. My life is full of shtiky [sic] and rude blowhards already. Why add another?”

The more prevalent criticism of Olbermann came during the primary campaign, when Olbermann’s bias finally stopped delighting his supporters.  Several Journolisters accuse Olbermann of being a misogynist and carrying Barack Obama’s water during the Democratic primaries, including CNN contributor Julian Zelizer and The Nation’s Katha Pollitt, who got angry over Olbermann’s treatment of Carrie Prejean:

“He and Michael Musto did this whole long riff about beauty contestant Carrie “opposite marriage” Prejean’s breast implants, stupidity, breast implants, tacky clothes, earrings, breast implants. They went on and on about how she was “part plastic” and pathetic.  You’d think they were celibate vegans who spent their lives zen meditating.  It was just a whole TV humiliation of her, and it made me feel sorry for her, which wasn’t easy,” Pollitt said.

Rebecca Traister of Salon wrote a blistering column about Paris Hilton that included a rip on Olbermann’s on-air attack on her,  and argued among her friends that it was part of a pattern:

Salon’s Rebecca Traister agreed Olbermann regularly displayed his contempt for women. “Olbermann has a terrible record of going out of his way to talk about young, attractive women he believes to be stupid in grotesquely dismissive and oversexualized terms.”

Traister had written the same thing in her columns for Salon, for instance calling Olbermann out when he “felt free to call [Paris] Hilton a slut on air and speculate about whether anyone had ever ejaculated in her face.”

All of this will be great fun for conservatives and others who dislike Olbermann, but it’s essentially meaningless.  Olbermann stays on MSNBC because he generates enough of a ratings boost to justify his salary — at least according to Jeff Immelt at GE.  Even with a couple of suggestions to get Olbermann off the air in Journolist, he’s not going anywhere simply based on a collection of 400 activists griping about him on a listserv.  None of this amounts to a conspiracy; it’s more like a virtual drum circle in which all of the petty and grand frustrations of having Olbermann ostensibly representing them get tossed into the campfire, and nothing more.

You know what goes good at campfires, though?  Popcorn.  Pass it around and wait for the next entertaining revelation.

Comments

I’m glad I’m on the right.

David Shane on July 23, 2010 at 9:33 AM

This was a pretty boring day for the Daily Caller revelations on journolist.

But … I think the best is yet to come!

Yeah … Olbe sucks – what’s new?

I love Glen Beck’s hilarious schtick on Olbe during his radio show yesterday. Awesome stuff!

HondaV65 on July 23, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Does anyone like the guy?

sammypants on July 23, 2010 at 9:35 AM

Let’s just make fun of Olbe.

Found this on YouTube … Olbe going after Subway Restaurants …

HondaV65 on July 23, 2010 at 9:37 AM

My life is full of shtiky [sic] and rude blowhards already. Why add another?”

I read that as ‘my wife’ instead of life. I need to go back to sleep.

sammypants on July 23, 2010 at 9:38 AM

So some on the Left really can see the twisted, perverted, sexist nutball that is KO. I was under the impression he had found himself a peaceful refuge.

RepubChica on July 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Ed, That known J list at American Thinker, I know it’s partial but…

it seems VERY male and I wonder, white?

artist on July 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Olbe needs a friend.

seven on July 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM

There were Nazis and Soviets who were ostracised by their peers, because they weren’t pure enough.

OldEnglish on July 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Well, they are right about KO, anyway.

AnninCA on July 23, 2010 at 9:40 AM

Envy……..

percysunshine on July 23, 2010 at 9:40 AM

OldEnglish on July 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Olbe is pure enough. They don’t think he’s smart enough, and they’re right about that part.

RBMN on July 23, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Traister had written the same thing in her columns for Salon, for instance calling Olbermann out when he “felt free to call [Paris] Hilton a slut on air and speculate about whether anyone had ever ejaculated in her face.”

Olbermann is such a tool – did he actually say that on air??

He’s an ugly person, with a streak of hatred as wide as the Missisippi running through his tortured psyche.

disa on July 23, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Iowahawk is looking like a prescient genius right about now.

MichaelW on July 23, 2010 at 9:44 AM

That must be one of the worst things about being on the left. The people you have to hang out with suck

kangjie on July 23, 2010 at 9:45 AM

HondaV65 on July 23, 2010 at 9:34 AM

“I’m talking of course, of Captain Alfred Dreyfus!”

halfastro on July 23, 2010 at 9:45 AM

Does anyone like the guy?

sammypants on July 23, 2010 at 9:35 AM

I think a better question would be “Does anyone watch the guy?” Hell I don’t like O’Reilly but I watch his show. He has interesting guests and interesting discourse. The few times I’ve (attempted) to watch Olby it’s been boring and totally uninteresting. I usually mute the TV when O’Reilly has Colmes on or Marc Lamont Hill. I already know what they are going to say so I don’t need to hear it again.

Oldnuke on July 23, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I’m glad I’m on the right.

David Shane on July 23, 2010 at 9:33 AM

David Shane: That makes two of us!!

canopfor on July 23, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I just wish they would take him off the air. He adds nothing of substance to any arguement. He is pompus and sexist. How anyone can stomach watching him is beyond me.

milwife88 on July 23, 2010 at 9:47 AM

RBMN on July 23, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Well I think that most of their discomfort with Olbe stems from the same reasons some Conservatives are uncomfortable with Glen Beck …

The guy is so intense – how long can he can keep up the intensity before his head explodes or he does something stupid to embarrass us all?

I’m a fan of Glen Beck – though I still wonder how this all ends with him.

But I’ll guarantee you that Olbe will end up a crying flesh heep on his shower floor – or worse. And these journolisters know that.

Actually – I’ll add one big difference between Olbe and Beck – aside from really trying to get to the truth (which is what Glenn Beck is about) … they also differ in how their staffs view them. I’ve heard that Olbe is the most hated man at MSNMBC – while Beck’s staff adores him.

HondaV65 on July 23, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Deeply closeted and gheyer than Elton John’s underwear drawer.

SurferDoc on July 23, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Did she get this right? Could Olby have been talking about Perez Hilton rather than Paris Hilton?

BuckeyeSam on July 23, 2010 at 9:50 AM

RBMN on July 23, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Broken clock?

OldEnglish on July 23, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Debaucherous Democrats Diabolically Dabbling in
Dirty Words Done Dirt Cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 23, 2010 at 9:50 AM

Does he? The man draws an average of a million viewers a night and gets 7 1/2 mil a year. Granted, he also hosts election night coverage and does NFL commentary for NBC, but those are duties they could(and frankly should) hire someone else to do.

To say he’s overpaid and overvalued would be an understatement.

Doughboy on July 23, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Thats because they won’t have sex with him. So he tries to destroy them.

This “man” has issues. But, I don’t see any problem with him bleating about how he’s the “anchor” of a network that finishes behind Barney re-runs in ratings. Seems fitting somehow.

BobMbx on July 23, 2010 at 9:52 AM

milwife88 on July 23, 2010 at 9:47 AM

Personally I could care less if he’s on air or not. I just don’t watch him. I couldn’t even tell you what channel MSNBC is on without looking it up in the guide. I really don’t know what their lineup is and I wouldn’t recognize any of their on air personalities if I ran into them on the street. It will remain that way until they change their agenda too. I’m not prone to listening to people who want to tell me what my opinion is.

Oldnuke on July 23, 2010 at 9:53 AM

I guess now I understand why so many people believe Obama is smart.

If you think Olberman is smart, then Obama looks like a genius.

Jaynie59 on July 23, 2010 at 9:54 AM

***

Oldnuke on July 23, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I do the same thing, but it’s harder to do with the Colmes segments because he usually has Monica Crowley correcting him, and I love to listen to her put her brother-in-law in his place. If ever there were an example of the contrasts between the lunacy of liberals and the sensibility of conservatives, it’s the Crowley-Colmes segments.

BuckeyeSam on July 23, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Anybody notice that Keith is going into Nixon/McCarthy mode lately?

Paranoid, railing against legions of unseen, unnamed, sometimes nonexistent enemies and “cowards.”

I almost feel sorry for him – he knows the end is coming, but probably isn’t sure when. It will be soon, though. Then I remember – hey, it’s Keith Olbermann. If there’s anybody who deserves to wallow in obscurity and whose vitriolic hatred has earned them a spot off camera in the corner sucking their thumb, it’s Olby.

The worst person in the world.

Good Lt on July 23, 2010 at 9:54 AM

Let’s just make fun of Olbe.

Found this on YouTube … Olbe going after Subway Restaurants …

HondaV65 on July 23, 2010 at 9:37 AM

HondaV65: That wasn’t bad,haha!!:)

canopfor on July 23, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I probably said this yesterday…

I love the smell of Communist-Red-on-Communist-Red violence in the morning. It smells like…victory.

steveegg on July 23, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Olbermann and those who think he’s this generation’s Edward R. Murrow (but I repeat myself) will cite this as evidence that he’s objective and has no partisan leanings.

After all, both the right and the left disagree with him. Isn’t that proof that he’s right down the middle?

Seriously, any wagers that Olbermann won’t claim that this proves he’s a non-partisan?

SteveMG on July 23, 2010 at 9:57 AM

Be interesting to see Keefums reaction. Probably be out on a ‘sudden and unexpected’ vacation so that he can sulk.

GarandFan on July 23, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Not to get off track, but I wonder who in University of Chicago Professor Harold Pollack’s life are shtiky and rude blowhards like Keith Olbermann?

I wonder what the count is? Think he’ll contextualize that as only one now and that he can’t take two, so that’s why he mistakenly made it plural?

Dusty on July 23, 2010 at 10:01 AM

OldEnglish on July 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM

There were also those who were shunned because they were even to despicable for totalitarian thugs to associate with, like Jules Streicher.

ebrown2 on July 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM

ED : I think this is interesting if for no other reason than I always wonder when someone on e the left does something outrageous and how much different pundits and lefties will eat their own standards and defend the person, for example in the case of women. I always wonder just how far a democrat icon can go (see Bill Clinton) before the females and others on the left feel like they can go along. These message boards where they are not in danger of destroying the VERY precious lefty brand give an interesting insight that at least some women get uncomfortable with it and want to say something. It a fun window into their inf-fighting.

Conan on July 23, 2010 at 10:11 AM

It’s that dastardly Brreitbart again!

strictnein on July 23, 2010 at 10:12 AM

That’s actually a startling concession by a fairly major leftie–that O’Reilly and Hannity will give airtime to their ideological opponents, and the Olberdouche will not. (Cohen, of course, makes the compliment back-handed by saying they only “yell” at their critics). But don’t worry, as I am sure that The New America Foundation will issue at least 5 press releases saying FNC is not “fair & balanced!”

Outlander on July 23, 2010 at 10:13 AM

[ebrown2 on July 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM]

Actually, many of them thought others were morons, oafs and idiots. I doubt Olbermann holds very many journolisters in high esteem and probably thinks they’re second- and third-tier hacks or simpletons.

I got to hand it to Keith though, at least he blows off steam saying what he thinks right to the camera. He ain’t doing it by hiding in some listserv.

Tell ‘em Keith. They’re a bunch of prissypants pansies.

Dusty on July 23, 2010 at 10:14 AM

delusional

cmsinaz on July 23, 2010 at 10:16 AM

keitholberman is pwned by the DC in more ways than one.!

ted c on July 23, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Anybody notice that Keith is going into Nixon/McCarthy mode lately?

I do recall when Ben Affleck hosted SNL and it leaked out they were going to spoof Olbermann that he “visited the set during rehersals” and they made it sound like it was just a social call. BS.

Marcus on July 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM

“Actually, many of them thought others were morons, oafs and idiots.”

Gustav M. Gilbert’s NUREMBERG DIARY and Simon Sebag Montefiore’s Stalin biographies are full of examples of that.

“I doubt Olbermann holds very many journolisters in high esteem and probably thinks they’re second- and third-tier hacks or simpletons.

Tell ‘em Keith. They’re a bunch of prissypants pansies.”

Dusty on July 23, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Word. Olbermann puts his crazy out for everyone to see.

ebrown2 on July 23, 2010 at 10:23 AM

This is going to send Queef straight into the creamy scented suds of some strawberry scented bubble bath and a few pints of Chunky Monkey.

Monica on July 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM

ebrown2 on July 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Indeed. Thanks, i had forgotten about the likes of him, and Beria,

OldEnglish on July 23, 2010 at 10:27 AM

The entire senior management crew at NBC is likely to be tossed once a deal is finalized to sell the network, which likely means that Keith’s guardian angel will no longer be there to protect him like Ned Beatty did for Peter Finch in Network.

teke184 on July 23, 2010 at 10:28 AM

Is Journolist all print? I’m surprised no DNCTVers have cropped up. Norah, Mika, Chuck Todd or David Gregory.

lizzie beth on July 23, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I’m getting an Alan Grayson ad on this page. Anybody else?

jpmn on July 23, 2010 at 10:31 AM

KO makes me feel good about myself.

Akzed on July 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Iowahawk is looking like a prescient genius right about now.

MichaelW on July 23, 2010 at 9:44 AM

I could read those all day, lol.

DrAllecon on July 23, 2010 at 10:32 AM

You know what goes good at campfires, though? Popcorn.

S’mores are better.

Insomniac on July 23, 2010 at 10:33 AM

Iowahawk is looking like a prescient genius right about now.

MichaelW on July 23, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Beat me to it. He sure is. Had missed that line about Teen Utne. hahahaha

inviolet on July 23, 2010 at 10:35 AM

Does anyone like the guy?

sammypants on July 23, 2010 at 9:35 AM

“Nope”…Keith’s Mom

katy the mean old lady on July 23, 2010 at 10:35 AM

I’m getting an Alan Grayson ad on this page. Anybody else?

[jpmn on July 23, 2010 at 10:31 AM]

Yeah, not surprised since this post is about stupid people.

Dusty on July 23, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Ogerman is so narcissistic that Jonathan Strong is seeking his fans help in performing an intervention.

Ogerman does not need an intervention, he needs a lobotomy, but that may not help, because his last MRI raveled an empty head.

MSGTAS on July 23, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I never watch Olbermann, my only experience is viewing clips of his madness on HA. I find it hilarious that when Glenn Beck (whom I don’t watch either) goes on a rant, the left goes berserk and starts frothing at the mouth, yet they tolerate this misogynist buffoon. That says a lot, doesn’t it?

scalleywag on July 23, 2010 at 10:37 AM

So I’m no fan of Olbermann, but if I understand correctly, according to the journolisters…

Olby saying Prejean is stupid = bad.
Journolist saying Palin is stupid = good.
Obly carrying Obama’s water = bad.
Journolist carrying Obama’s water = good.

These people are idiots. Plain and simple. No wonder they need their little clique to figure stuff out, they are incapable of honest, independent thought.

melanzan on July 23, 2010 at 10:38 AM

Generate sympathy, perhaps. But more importantly he’ll start a little lefty civil war!

dczombie on July 23, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Iowahawk is looking like a prescient genius right about now.

MichaelW on July 23, 2010 at 9:44 AM

HAHAHAHAHA. That’s hilarious. That guy is a genius.

scalleywag on July 23, 2010 at 10:42 AM

This from Tucker was interesting

That assurance won’t stop the attacks, of course. So why don’t we publish whatever portions of the Journolist archive we have and end the debate? Because a lot of them have no obvious news value, for one thing. Gather 400 lefty reporters and academics on one listserv and it turns out you wind up with a strikingly high concentration of bitchiness. Shocking amounts, actually. So while it might be amusing to air threads theorizing about the personal and sexual shortcomings of various New Republic staffers, we’ve decided to pull back.

It’s like high school.

commodore on July 23, 2010 at 10:43 AM

So does anyone know how many days’ worth of Journolist leaks we can expect? Through next week? August? The election?

Just want to know how much popcorn to make. :-)

Grace_is_sufficient on July 23, 2010 at 10:45 AM

well you know what they say about a broken clock.

BTW, I’m still laughing at the Alfred Dreyfus rant and Glenn Beck’s reaction. That was the greatest thing ever…

mjk on July 23, 2010 at 10:49 AM

Doesn’t the liberal tools such as Olbermann, Matthews, Ricky Sanchez, et all provide the necessary punching bags for conservatives to stay sharp? Or, at least entertained by their amative lust for their excessive narcissism?

Rovin on July 23, 2010 at 10:51 AM

RBMN on July 23, 2010 at 9:41 AM

HOW DARE YOU SIR!!!!!

/blowhole

JohnGalt23 on July 23, 2010 at 10:54 AM

A few years back it was reported that Obermann was at a NLF game and started to walk down the sideline before the game.The story is the crowd saw him became very angry tried to go after him then the stadium security team had to physically pick him up and carry him to the team locker room and keep him there behind locked doors until the game started then sneak him out later.Brian Kilmeade of fox news was reported to have witness this.

thmcbb on July 23, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Olbe needs a friend.

seven on July 23, 2010 at 9:39 AM

Oh, not to worry. He’s got one.

inviolet on July 23, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Of course Olbermann can’t stand strong,beautiful,successful women……he feels inferior to them.

This guy is so pathetic he can’t even get a brainless groupie to say “that was great….I can’t wait to do it again”:

KEITH GETS LOW RATINGS IN BED

A 30-something office worker of Caribbean descent, KarmaBites1 said she struck up an e-mail friendship with Olbermann, whom she admired, and agreed to fly to New York to meet him last May. She says he came to her hotel room and opened a bottle of Merlot which he “spilled all over.” Then, when “sexual activity began [in] less than an hour,” Olbermann had difficulty. “I pretended he knew what he was doing,” the embittered blogger writes. “I adored the guy. I didn’t want him to think he was a dud in bed,” so she faked experiencing ecstasy.

Olbermann is nothing more than the insecure idiot who proclaims all the women that turn him down are “lesbians”
or “stupid”.

Here he is with some adoring fan,following him around like a star,totally in his element and supposedly in total control of the situation…….and he tanks so badly be makes “Radar” form MASH look like “Sam” from Cheers.

Keith doth protest to much….his psychosis and rage come from not being able to “measure up” to the real men and women of the world.

….nothing but a pathetic mamma’s boy.

Baxter Greene on July 23, 2010 at 11:15 AM

Having never watched Olbermann, if he said this on air, he should be unemployed.

As to his desire to be a modern Edward R. Murrow , Edward R. Murrow’s traits included honesty and integrity.

Olbermann has neither.

rukiddingme on July 23, 2010 at 11:23 AM

If you think Olberman is smart, then Obama looks like a genius.

Jaynie59 on July 23, 2010 at 9:54 AM

It’s “Olbermann”. Sheesh.

rukiddingme on July 23, 2010 at 11:25 AM

You’d think they were celibate vegans who spent their lives zen meditating.

The left’s notion of holiness and piety that is beyond reproach. *puke*

darii on July 23, 2010 at 11:28 AM

I’ve never watched Olberman but you can thank O’Reilly for his rise to fame… Speaking of BOR, there is a new show called Money Rocks on Fox Business,that is on at the same time, which is pretty good. I was kind of stuck with BOR because the alternative at 5:00 was the Hatefilled Left so I’m glad this is on now…

CCRWM on July 23, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I don’t know why anyone would be surprised by this. It really doesn’t have anything to do with Olbermann, and everything to do with the members of this listserv group.

These are self-styled “ELITES”, and as such, they are going to look down their noses on anyone who is not a member of their group, regardless of whether those folks are their political allies or not.

It seems awfully obvious that this is just a bunch of folks who make themselves feel better, make themselves feel smarter, make themselves feel special by attempting to portray themselves as intellectual, above the common fray and put on display their special ability to criticize “commoners”, be they on the left or the right.

Fatal on July 23, 2010 at 11:30 AM

rukiddingme on July 23, 2010 at 11:23 AM

He also called Michelle Malkin “a big mashed up bag of meat with lipstick” . Classy guy.

inviolet on July 23, 2010 at 11:36 AM

“To my mind, what they do is no different form Hannity and O’Reilly,”

I doubt the advertisers at MSNBC would agree.

Ronnie on July 23, 2010 at 11:41 AM

The clock is ticking on Keef; he is overdue for an Al Gore-moment, and it’s likely to be from an S&M tranny hooker from the 47th Street crowd. You just know that there is a lot of very strange stuff going on in his head.

slickwillie2001 on July 23, 2010 at 11:43 AM

Wow, who knew that Olby could unite the country? It seems lime we can all come together and agree he’s a douche.

Vyce on July 23, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I should have seen this coming. Obviously Carlson dislikes Olbermann immensely. I think I would have searched Olby’s name too if I had the list.

OxyCon on July 23, 2010 at 12:03 PM

ted c on July 23, 2010 at 11:44 AM

ted c:Yup!!:)

canopfor on July 23, 2010 at 12:09 PM

It was probably that dastardly BRRRRRRRRRR-REIT-BART!

Good Lt on July 23, 2010 at 12:12 PM

The truly funny thing here is that the Jourolisters didn’t have their epiphany about Olbermann until after some of their pet causes (i.e. — the 2008 Hillary-Obama battle) began to be the target of Keith’s witless venom. That’s only about 10 years too late — anyone who watched MSNBC back in 1998 during the Clinton-Lewinsky scandal (when Olby could bring himself to go on the air) knew what his schtick was and knew he had no desire to hear any views that didn’t conform to his own.

So it’s nice to know the Journolisters have the same feelings about Olbermann that the people on the right do. But it’s certainly not to their credit that it took them a decade to figure it out, or that he was the personification of sophisticated, rapier wit to them during the bulk of the Bush 43 administration. And you can be sure that there’s been no introspection among those same people that if they could have misjudged Olbermann so badly, what other nasty pieces of work out there have they embraced simply because they mouthed a few things that the left has on their Top 10 List of Talking Points?

jon1979 on July 23, 2010 at 12:22 PM

You HAVE to watch Ben Affleck’s SNL Skit after reading about Olbermann. It brings everything full circle. I say Ed embeds the video at the top.

Logboy on July 23, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Does anyone know if Keef Olberdouche still visits HotAir.com?

He used to. Once in a great while he used to reference some of the HotAir posts in his teevee show. Based on some of Ed’s posts on HotAir he even named Ed Morrissey a “Best Person in the World”, right before he named Ed Morrissey a “Worst Person in the World”.

I hope he still does. I especially hope he reads ever post about himself and languishes on each and every comment that besmirches his character too. He is the epitome of a bottom dwelling teevee scum bag. I hope every post and ensuing public comment causes him to seethe and gnaws at his maggot infested brain for months on end.

See how some of your peers view you Keef? Those peers, some of whom you undoubtedly revere, honestly believe that you’re little more than the gas bag that you regularly demonstrate you are, and that you’re less than a speck of a relevant journalist.

On the other hand, I would bet the farm that they each and all have a deep and abiding reverence for the actual Edward R. Murrow.

You really and truly suck, Keef. How does that make you feel? Tell us, won’t you?

Dhurka Dhurka on July 23, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Not so. You’re missing a key point here. The left hates Rush Limbaugh and they trash him in private (as we saw with some previous J-list revelations). But in public they criticize him as well, and try to discredit him whenever they get the opportuntiy. With Olberman, they evidently hate him almost as much and say, in private, that they wish he were off the air. But in public…? Nothing. These are the movers and shakers of our society and if they were to critize Olby publicly, it would have a profound impact. Maybe he would keep his job, but the J-listers could make it much tougher for him and maybe (anything is possible) he might change his tune a little.

Ratings are driven by public perceptions and public perceptions can be shaped. The deafening silence you hear from the left when it comes to one of their own is the sound of one hand patting itself on the back.

(I was intiially inclined to exempt Rebecca Traister because she at least did speak up about Olby. But, having just read her article, I see that it is very nearly as dehumanizing as the comments she criticizes Olberman for making.)

JackOfClubs on July 23, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I don’t care so much if Olberman stays on MSNBC. I can, and do, avoid him easily there. It’s Sunday Night Football that I want him banned from. He’s not bringing in enough ratings there to rationalize any salary.

Ordinary1 on July 23, 2010 at 6:15 PM

jon1979 on July 23, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Olbermann (and we know he’s reading this) is the quintessential useful idiot.

They fed the blotted one his opinion, and like a good little boy he would “rip n read” fodder from Daily Kos, Thinkstupid, and others.

Fact: 40% of his audience thinks he will off himself on live TV, that’s why they watch.

DSchoen on July 23, 2010 at 10:30 PM