Video: Glenn Beck and crew in hysterics over Olbermann’s special comment

posted at 3:48 pm on July 22, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via the Right Scoop, there are only two ways to properly respond to an Olby pensee. Either you put on your waders and trudge through it or you just sit back and revel in the oblivious, overweening pompousness of the performance. I took one road, GB took another, but both have their merits as you’ll see.

Don’t give up on it; it gets funnier towards the end. It was the Dennis Miller line that finally got me.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

That is one funny riff!

brrrrrrrrrrBreit Bart!!!!!

roy_batty on July 22, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I am no Beck fan, but he really is good at this kind of thing.

Terrye on July 22, 2010 at 6:19 PM

I’ve always contended that his radio show is FAR superior to the TV show.

Good Lt on July 22, 2010 at 4:41 PM

They serve two different purposes or audiences.

The radio show is for fans who already understand Beck’s point of view. He can shortcut to the spoofing. The television show is a teaching experience for those not familiar with the history and reading that has shaped him. They are both valuable, and the total picture from the different venues lends credibility to his contribution to our education and/or enlightenment.

D’ohbermann is ludicrous, a parody of himself. Why the long face and self-righteous posturing, Keef? Have they blinded you to your own ridiculousness?

onlineanalyst on July 22, 2010 at 6:20 PM

niggling details within epic tales of boredom.

The Race Card on July 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM

If someone else posted that you would call them a racist.

Oh and you are much like KO.You know a bumbling pompous ass.

CWforFreedom on July 22, 2010 at 6:21 PM

onlineanalyst on July 22, 2010 at 6:20 PM

Great way to say it.

CWforFreedom on July 22, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Olby is an idiot.

ladyingray on July 22, 2010 at 6:26 PM

Wow, what a fucking waste of time.

bifidis on July 22, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Jake Tapper has become an unfunny scold.

MayBee on July 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM

hmmm, beck wasn’t much better on his show tonight. He had that master thespian thing going on and even though I agree with him on the substance, his presentation almost reached Olby levels with the long pauses and dramatic changes in the tone of his voice, yeesh.

Daemonocracy on July 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Wow, what a fucking waste of time.

bifidis on July 22, 2010 at 6:29 PM

That totally explains Olbermann’s bad ratings.

Inanemergencydial on July 22, 2010 at 6:48 PM

MayBee on July 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM

I have never been a fan of Tapper. Pseudo intellectuals don’t impress.

d1carter on July 22, 2010 at 6:50 PM

bifidis on July 22, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Agreed, Olbermann’s show has no ratings anyways. Who wants to watch leftist rants every night?

Inanemergencydial on July 22, 2010 at 6:58 PM

OMG – you should have posted a warning! I had half a liter of Diet Dr. Pepper scour my nostrils watching this one! Now I’m needing a new keyboard. Parting question: where can I get the drugs Olberman is taking?

stonemeister on July 22, 2010 at 7:51 PM

That was beautiful

BobH on July 22, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Obviously, I’m way too old-fashioned. I was disgusted by both the tirade and the response. Using the memory of Dreyfuss in such a fashion is appalling, to me.

OldEnglish on July 22, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Funny, but his classic radio bit of mocking of children asking planted questions at “town halls” : “Mr Pwesident, I’m one and a half years old….” had me in tears.

Marcus on July 22, 2010 at 9:11 PM

Shirley Sherrod and Barack Obama just ran a 1.5 Billion dollar street scam on everybody.

Skandia Recluse on July 22, 2010 at 9:19 PM

So how many days will Keef be taking off now?

aikidoka on July 22, 2010 at 9:20 PM

Well, that really was a stretch. But calling him a scalaway left a mark! :)

scalleywag on July 22, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Of course.

hillbillyjim on July 22, 2010 at 9:26 PM

So how many days will Keef be taking off now?

aikidoka on July 22, 2010 at 9:20 PM

It’s time for him to admit he really isn’t very good at what he does and leave the post for someone who is.

scalleywag on July 22, 2010 at 9:26 PM

It doesn’t matter what he says, Keith talks like an old Western Union type machine just sitting there getting the message out with rapid fire precision and with robotic intonations. He could never be the voice for a GPS device – you would have to drive 80 mph to keep up with his damn directions. After one of his “sessions” I find myself sitting there, mouth open intoning “whhhhhhhhaaaaaa”???

I like the radio beck better, too. It’s like…like…college dorm days. It’s wonderful. You were at your brightest and funniest. How does Beck keep it up?

SamHenry on July 22, 2010 at 9:54 PM

Further irony: It was the Dreyfuss affair that impelled Theodore Herzl, the founder of modern Zionism, to more vigorously pursue a homeland for all Jewish people in the land that is now the modern state of Israel. I don’t think Herr Olbermann is a big proponent of Israel defending itself against its sundry enemies, especially Hamas, Hezbollah, and Iran.

GreenBlade on July 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I’d give him credit if mocking libs weren’t so damn easy.

abobo on July 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I still remember the one with the babies asking Obama, pwease, mista pwezident, to stop credit default swaps.

He is a funny guy!

PattyJ on July 22, 2010 at 11:16 PM

If someone else posted that you would call them a racist.

More of your n-word obsession. How bad is the urge? I can’t wait to see you pop one out one day here at HA.

The Race Card on July 22, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Olberdork reigns again.

Only he would try and out Miller Miller.

JP1986UM on July 22, 2010 at 11:46 PM

If anyone deserves to be interned on Devil’s Island it most assuredly would be Herr Olbergoebbels. He could take his tin hat with him…..

adamsmith on July 23, 2010 at 6:45 AM

I was laughing my ass off listening to this on the radio yesterday.
I agree, I prefer his radio show. For me, Beck has a “face for radio.”
Olberman is douche.

riverrat10k on July 23, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Err…Beck has never heard of the Dreyfuss affair? You don’t have to be a specialist in French history for that. I thought it was pretty well known.

madne0 on July 23, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I so love Glenn beck for this very reason. In spite of everything that goes on, he has the ability to make things funny as all get out (yes I’m Southern). I laughed until I cried on this segment, as I have on many others. If you miss the radio show, you miss a boatload of who this wonderful man is.

Gulfcoastconservative on July 23, 2010 at 8:05 PM

This is flat out hilarious, his radio show is much better than his tv show.

Here is Ben Affleck doing Olbermann.

lavell12 on July 24, 2010 at 12:07 AM

I first heard of it when Hawkeye Pierce quipped, “look at what they did to Dreyfuss.”

dicentra63 on July 31, 2010 at 12:00 AM