JournoList fallout: Palin blasts “sick puppies” in the media

posted at 3:10 pm on July 22, 2010 by Allahpundit

The Daily Caller’s headline makes it sound like she’s responding to today’s JournoList revelation, but I don’t see any evidence of that in what she says. Sounds like she’s ripping on the media generally — a familiar refrain, albeit in unusually strong terms here — rather than the Obama glee club at J-List specifically.

No matter. Palin fascination plus the irresistible “sick puppies” headline should pull more traffic to their site for this than for all the JournoList stuff combined. It’s a clever bit of promotional synergy by Tucker and crew to connect the two for new readers.

Palin says the feeding frenzy culture of the media [during the campaign] galvanized her political opponents in Alaska. “The media incentivized political opponents to file false ethics charges and expensive, wasteful, frivolous lawsuits against me, my family and my staff, in an obvious attempt to destroy us,” Palin said.

When those lawsuits — which Palin said she won, but the media didn’t cover — caused legal costs in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, Palin had finally had it, she said.

“I said, ‘Enough. Political adversaries and their political friends in the media will not destroy my State, my administration, nor my family. Enough.’ I knew if I didn’t play their game any longer, they could not win. I would not retreat, I would instead reload, and I would fight for what is right from a different plane.”…

“With the shackles off, I relish my freedom to call it like I see it, while starving the media beast that was devouring the false reports about me, my staff and my loved ones,” she said…

“I have lost all respect for the ‘mainstream’ media because they lied; and still lie. And they abuse America’s freedom of the press — because with freedom comes responsibility. My son chose to put his life on the line to defend that freedom, and I feel like his, and every good soldier’s, efforts are thrown in their faces when the press takes advantage of their sacrifices instead of respecting the freedoms they’re willing to die for,” Palin said.

More at the link, including another lament for how Team McCain threw her to the media wolves. What’s most striking here, actually, isn’t the “sick puppies” line but how comprehensively on-message she is about her various issues with the media even though the interview seems to be off the cuff. Victimization during the campaign aided and abetted by disloyal Maverick advisors? Check. Victimization as governor resulting in a selfless decision to resign? Check. Overcoming victimization by taking on the “beast” as a fearless unshackled independent voice? Check. Invocation of moral authority at the media’s expense via her son’s military service? Check. She even uses the word “reload,” for cripes sake. It’s a clinic in how a smart retail politician appeals to her base, yet even now the average lefty will insist that she’s a complete and utter moron. Although, perhaps, that narrative is starting to change.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

She’s making a big deal of this MSM thing because it isn’t just her problem, it’s America’s problem.Jenfidel on July 22, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Jen’s right. It’s Americas problem. These people live and spin amongst us. They’ve influenced a presidential election a PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION…they’ve been growing like a tumor, and we’ve taken a peek inside that tumor via Tucker and the boys. They are flaks, apparatchiks, knob slobberers, and they work for propaganda organizations and are an arm of the Democratic party. Something has got to be done, I don’t know what, but something has to be done.

ted c on July 22, 2010 at 4:13 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Yes, that’s what she said. And that’s not a true statement? What you’re trying to impute to her is a “but for” test of media culpability in the string on now provably false and frivolous charges. She’d be too smart to fall for that straw man, and so are the commenters on this thread.

Barnestormer on July 22, 2010 at 4:14 PM

-She also had a problem with her “official donation site” and had to change the name and refund the amounts received.

Jimbo3

And Biden just had to pay $100′s of thousands in fines. A bunch of Obama’s donations came from outside the country, the list goes on…what the F is your point?

JAM on July 22, 2010 at 4:14 PM

I liked the wink picture for a while, but it’s getting tiresome. How about some pictures that we haven’t all seen a million times? Just had a thought: does anyone know if there are any recent pictures of Palin without her glasses?

joe_doufu on July 22, 2010 at 4:15 PM

Allahpundit on July 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM

ok AP, I give up. When can we see that pic????….

*ducks*

ted c on July 22, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Allahpundit on July 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Would that be with a subtitle of “RomneyCare Nasalology”?

ted c on July 22, 2010 at 4:18 PM

So in other words, Sarah is a liar playing the whiny victim card.

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:01 PM

And you are an asshole that will do anything to try to discredit Palin. You might have better luck at dkos.

docdave on July 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM

5 of the 18 (and one of the two most serious ones) relate to the Troopergate incident, the charges for which started before she became the VP pick.

Conversely, 13 of the 18 (and one of the two most serious ones) do not relate to troopergate.

Of those 13 charges not relating to troopergate, only two were started before she became the VP pick.

So in other words, Sarah is a liar playing the whiny victim card.
Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:01 PM

So in other words, since 11 of the 13 charges not related to troopergate were brought forth after she became VP pick, Sarah is not a liar when she stated this:

rukiddingme on July 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I thought it turned out that Troopergate was fabricated. The parts which were true were not illegal, iirc.

gh on July 22, 2010 at 4:13 PM

From what I remember, the firing of Monegan was due to insubordination where he had reserved a flight to D.C to hire a lobbyist for money.

Electrongod on July 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM

That’s because she’s such a corrupt and unethical individual that she used the word “official” in the old Alaska Fund Trust to keep good people from being scammed by people pretending to raise money for Palin.

Keep trying, Jimbo. This is actually grasping not at straws, but thin reeds.You lower the bar on decent trolldom with every post.

It’s like we can’t wait for Grow Fins to come back and give us DECENT troll posts.

victor82 on July 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM

For article’s such as this one the picture i’d like to see utilized is the one with her looking over her glasses with a look of disgust.

heshtesh on July 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM

Fight fire with fire — winking cat!

GnuBreed on July 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM

rukiddingme on July 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I still think she is a liar, considering roughly 30% related to her pre-VP pick. And considering she doesn’t say how the media–as opposed to general politics and dissatisfaction– “incenvized” the others to be filed.

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM

victor82 on July 22, 2010 at 4:20 PM

Yeah. Too bad he was probably banned because he got ticked off with the overall level of abuse he took. But some of you wouldn’t have gone on to the Hot Air Facebook site and conspired to get that to happen, would you now?

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:25 PM

No. It’s a great picture. It suggests that she’s craftier than her critics give her credit for, and it’s in no way unfair. It’s not a photo snapped by Joe McGinniss surreptitiously while she was in her backyard or something; she did this at the VP debate with Biden, so obviously she’s not ashamed of it. You shouldn’t be either.

Consider this yet another example of how Palin supporters demand a double standard for her and no one else. I could post a thumbnail photoshop of Romney picking his nose and there’d be nothing but guffaws in the comments. If I did that for Palin, we’d be getting “I’M NEVER READING YOUR SITE AGAIN!!!” e-mails.

Allahpundit on July 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I like the wink picture for the reason you stated, this woman is taking out entire administrative policies with a wink, a grin and a facebook post while surrounded by their burning rubble.

Your whine about “Palin supporters” is not only unfair, but a little telling about how YOU feel since you’re complaining about “Palin supporters,” not “extreme Palin supporters” or “some of the more sensititve Palin supporters,” and frankly, it’s a lame slap in the face of her supporters to continue to hear that kind of broad-brushed crap. From TheBlueSite I expect it, from you, I shouldn’t have to.

Also, yes you COULD post a picture of Romney picking his nose, once, and we’d laugh (but of course you haven’t, have you?) And even though I’m not a Romney fan (but you bet your @$$ I’d vote for him if he won the primary) I could understand why people who were his fan would be upset by the constant use of that photo.

Wink away Sarah!

DrAllecon on July 22, 2010 at 4:26 PM

jimbo/troopergate:

Poor jimbo is fantasizing about a man that tasered his own stepson, and repeatedly threatened to kill Palin’s dad.

faraway on July 22, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Himbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Better men than you (which isn’t saying a lot at all) have tried to catch her lying and have failed…miserably.

Best to quit while you’re ahead, Himbo.

Jenfidel on July 22, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Wait a minute. The Jeb Bush team is sending out writers to say the GOP simply has no front runner for 2012 because Sarah Palin is “dangerously unqualified”. That comes to us from the same Jebusites who were in hiding with the rest of the Genius GOP Political Establishment while Sarah ran the Obama Machine into a ditch over the last 12 months with her Face Book account. Mitch and Jeb sitting in a tree k i s s i n g.

jimw on July 22, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Best to quit while you’re ahead, Himbo.

Jenfidel on July 22, 2010 at 4:29 PM

I’ll keep at it, Jen. I do have some work but will be back later. I didn’t think you were at all unusually crabby and POed today, BTW.

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:30 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM

The site was vetted by several law firms. Do you think that getting legal advice and following it is an ethical violation ?

Jeff2161 on July 22, 2010 at 4:31 PM

If the moronic legislators in Alaska had just made attorneys fees collectable for baseless accusations, there would have been no problem.

Speedwagon82 on July 22, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Surely you can’t be so thick that you cannot connect those dots!
You are not a lawyer, my friend.
You work on the loading dock of that company. NTTAWWT.

Jenfidel on July 22, 2010 at 4:32 PM

Jeff2161 on July 22, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Don’t forget to tell Himbo3 that the most prominent of those lawyers was Greta van Sustern’s husband, John Coate, who set up her PAC.

Jenfidel on July 22, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Allahpundit on July 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Would that be with a subtitle of “RomneyCare Nasalology”?

ted c on July 22, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I believe it’s RINOlogy.

Jeff2161 on July 22, 2010 at 4:34 PM

I can’t wait for the next Presidential Debate, when Sarah strolls on to the stage and over to Barry, and says…

“Hello President Obama…good luck, and may I call you Hussein?” and gives him the wink! :)

I doubt Barry would regain his composure after that!

ornery_independent on July 22, 2010 at 4:36 PM

She’s whining. There’s a big difference between Sarah Palin and Ronald Reagan.

Tom_Holsinger on July 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM

She’s whining.

Tom_Holsinger on July 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM

Sarah Palin never whines, troll!
Word.

Jenfidel on July 22, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM

Of course you do, despite the fact that your belief is based on 30% being greater than 70%.

rukiddingme on July 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM

Palin was already pretty hated by the native Alaskan lefties before she was picked by McCain. I’m sure ethics complaints would still have been filed, albeit at a slower pace without the Obama lovers bankrolling them.

Speedwagon82 on July 22, 2010 at 4:51 PM

There’s an easy solution to this whole “wink” thing. Why not have Jenfidel send AP her favorite picture of Sarah from her bedroom wall?

SnarkVader on July 22, 2010 at 4:59 PM

So what are you saying…?
That we can’t run Sarah Palin as our presidential candidate against Mr. Chicago Street Thug because she’s too honest, ethical and clean?

Jenfidel on July 22, 2010 at 3:48 PM

No, that’s not what I’m saying, Jen.

Rae on July 22, 2010 at 4:59 PM

She’s whining. There’s a big difference between Sarah Palin and Ronald Reagan.

Tom_Holsinger on July 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM

You are whining.

She is fighting back.

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I find it funny that Allah tries to make it seem that Palin is playing the victim here.

allah thinks telling the truth is being on message. Or is some type of message or talking point. it’s hard to go off message if the message is the truth.

the media went on an all out attack with Palin , her admin, her family and friends. they caused her to go into major debt before she had anywhere close to the money needed to fight back, they caused her to have to turn her entire admin over to fight the smears and they did it with all made up crap. she won all the suits against her except 2 that she decided to settle with no wrong doing instead of battle forever, the day after she resigned she went on the attack and has never looked back. Yet Allah somehow finds these truths as playing the “victim” Palin has never played the victim in her life. she has never said poor me. she is simply stating the truth of the sitution of her life the last 2 years.

Now Allah and others are trying to say that if she sets the record straight its playing the victim. speechless

unseen on July 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM

She’s whiningWinning. There’s a big difference between Sarah Palin and Ronald Reagan.

Tom_Holsinger on July 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM

the_nile on July 22, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM

ROFL…troopergate showed nothing. her defense fund showed nothing. you are such a snake

unseen on July 22, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM

You are so obtuse, it is just amazing.

You honestly don’t think there were political plots to take her out before she was picked by McCain?

She ran AGAINST the AKGOP and defeated a sitting Republican Governor who had been AK Senator for 22 years, and appointed his own daughter to fill his Senate seat.

Then she ran in the general election against a Democrat who was a former Governor with no help from the State party and WON.

She took on the establishment on both sides, and people had bruised egos and sore feelings over it.

Walt Monegan was not fired, he was transferred from his job as Public Safety Commissioner to another position having to do with Alcohol regulation, because Palin had ordered all her people to find ways to reduce the budgets of their departments, and he flatly refused, then went on an unauthorized trip to DC to beg for earmarks from the Congressional delegation to preserve his little fiefdom.
He tried to go around the Governor and defy her policy directive, so she removed him from his job and got somebody who would cooperate with her agenda, as was her right to do as the Chief Executive of the State Government.
He decided to resign instead of taking the transfer.

There was an opportunity for her enemies, who got Monegan to change his story from what he previously had said on the record.

Then began Troopergate, or more properly known as Tasergate.

The legislator who was in charge of the investigation said publicly before any findings were in hand, after she was picked by McCain, that this would be an October Surprise that could sink the Republican campaign.

That is a fact, something you might familiarize yourself with before you go and say someone is a liar when you don’t know what you are talking about.

Good grief, this is so tiresome.

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM

LOL…the media gave these people their 15 min of fame. the anklebiters would file a charge, the media would run with it request interviews with these people direct people to these people’s websites they would get interviews on MSNBC and CNN and then when the charge was dismissed the media never reported it.

the law states that the people that filed the charge was suppose to remain silient until the case was decided. They did not and the media allowed them to help break the law.

unseen on July 22, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Video link where the Dep Editor says Palin interview was with JStrong on this topic.
Megyn: “What has Sarah Palin said about this, because she just spoke to you?”
His words, quoting her: “She says that this is just more evidence…it just shows…” (it being the journolist emails)

Spirit of 1776 on July 22, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Is anyone really shocked that these Journolist people were trying to figure out how to marginalize and demonize this woman from the very first minute?

I was obvious to me from the beginning.

Now at least we have their own words to prove it.

There has to be more of this coming, because she was target #1 for a long time after the election as well.

Should be interesting.

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 5:21 PM

That WSJ article by James Tranto David Frum Is Silly”

Mentions Hot Air.

New Evidence That Sarah Palin Hates Puppies
“JournoList Fallout: Palin Blasts ‘Sick Puppies’ in the Media”–headline, HotAir.com, July 22

Dr Evil on July 22, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Alladumbit, Sarah never whines…. it is called – Telling the Truth. We knew the left tried to destroy her from the get-go and the Journolist 400 revelations only confirmed it. Mark Levin putting out part of the list is great. I hope we get all 400 names.
As more and more Americans finally become aware of the corrupt lamestream media, I guarantee that those unfavourable numbers some people keep pointing to as a reason Sarah should not run…. well, they will change. And, I look forward to the first debate where she will wipe the floor with every one of the so-called “men” in the Republican Party who would be her opponents. It will actually be hard to watch… embarrassing really. “Men” becoming boys right before our eyes. Yikes. Sort of like cold water on you know what (As George tried to explain)

PhilipJames on July 22, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Allahpundit on July 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM

ROFLMAO…..

OMG you did not just say Palin supporters demand a double standard for her? that is the funniest thing I have ever heard from you. Palin is the queen of having everything she does subjected to a different standard. Everything. and you want to try to turn the tables and suggest that it is her supporters that want a “double standard”?

Let me know the next time 11 AP reporters fact check a book that Obama or biden writes, let me know the next time you make a post over some little misspelling that biden makes or when you post on Mitt’s PAC spending less on candidates in the 1st qrt than Palin did.

unbelievable.

unseen on July 22, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Allahpundit on July 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Would that be with a subtitle of “RomneyCare Nasalology”?
ted c on July 22, 2010 at 4:18 PM

I believe it’s RINOlogy.
Jeff2161 on July 22, 2010 at 4:34 PM

It’s RINOtillexomania, where the digit meets the nose!

SDN on July 22, 2010 at 5:25 PM

…..

Good grief, this is so tiresome.

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Sure there may have been political plots. But how did the media incentivize those?

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 5:38 PM

She can’t win with you, can she, Allah?

SilentWatcher on July 22, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM

rukiddingme on July 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM

She didn’t say that the media incentivized some of them.

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 5:40 PM

I freakin’ love that woman. President Palin…..don’t think it can’t happen.

indy8 on July 22, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM

unseen on July 22, 2010 at 5:12 PM

The official Sarah Palin Defense Fund was illegal and had to pay back donations. See below.

And the troopergate investigation showed, while acting in accordance with her authority, she abused her position and violated ethics laws:

And it looks like one of the points against Rangel relates to a somewhat similar problem with “official”:

•His use of official stationery to raise money for the Charles B. Rangel Center for Public Service at City College of New York.

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 5:47 PM

She didn’t say that the media incentivized some of them.

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Neither does she say that the media incentivized all of them, which is what you’re trying to hang her for.

Missy on July 22, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 5:38 PM

You are once again splitting hairs, trying to make a point that is not really relevant.

Of course the media encouraged the ethics complaints and FOIA lawsuits. Every time one of those was filed, the complainer ran straight to the newspaper with it, and it was big headlines before any hearings were held or any findings established. Every single time. When the process led to a dismissal, there was barely any mention of it at all, straight down the memory hole. Then the new baseless complaint was in the headlines the next day, rinse repeat.

This was a concerted strategy from the beginning. It started with enemies in Alaska who had their own interests and grudges, but when McCain put her on the ticket nationally they suddenly had very powerful allies and a common interest with the usual suspects in NY, DC, and LA.

The media wanted these stories, were practically begging someone to give them some dirt on her to run with 24/7.

When these things kept falling flat, there was always another one to keep the stream of negative press flowing. Flood the zone, so to speak. It is clear, plain as day.

What planet have you been on the last 2 years?

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM

rukiddingme on July 22, 2010 at 4:45 PM
She didn’t say that the media incentivized some of them.

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Nor did she say the media incentivized ALL of them.

SuzyQAZ on July 22, 2010 at 5:59 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 5:47 PM

But Palin, the feisty former Republican vice presidential candidate who has become a fixture of the conservative Tea Party movement, probably violated a state ethics act without knowing she was doing so, independent counsel Tim Petumenos said.

While governor, Palin faced some two dozen ethics complaints, which she said left her with a legal bill of more than $500,000. Her political action committee raised a fund to pay for her defense.

A preliminary ruling by another independent counsel last year said the fund was illegal because it used her official position as governor to raise money for her personal gain.

Probably? Wow, that is certainly damning, and really clarifying isn’t it? After all this investigation, all they got is a probably.

She did not start the fund, others did it on her behalf.

she never took a dime from it while Governor, or afterwards.

Therefore it did not amount to personal gain from the office, there was no gain. Many professional attorneys, who are much smarter than you, vetted this fund before it was launched, including some of the same lawyers who worked on Hillary Clinton’s similar fund.

There was no malfeasance or ill intent proven, this is all technicalities, which you seem to delight in focusing on to ignore the big picture and try and paint someone as unethical when they are not.

The whole argument was over the use of the word, “official”, to prevent the confusion of several other funds that were popping up, maybe legit or maybe not.

Oh, and really lame of you to try and throw in the perennially crooked Charlie Rangel with Sarah Palin.

No dice, not even close.

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 6:03 PM

What planet have you been on the last 2 years?

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 5:49 PM

Funny. It looks to me, from the coverage in the Anchorage paper, that the Troopergate story wasn’t front page news when it started. It looks like it was part of a Politics column.

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Here Jimbo3, read this. Their side of the story.

The Cost of Legal Warfare – A Few Words About Today’s Defense Fund Agreement
Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 3:02pm
First off, let’s keep in mind that this is about a legal defense fund. According to the Summary of Findings in the decision released today by the Alaska Personnel Board, nothing illegal and nothing unethical occurred because not a penny has been distributed. Governor Palin did nothing wrong. And in fact, everyone is in agreement that Governor Palin acted in good faith. Now, let me explain how we got here.

It is no secret that Governor Palin has been subject to political and legal attacks on an unprecedented scale. Since these attacks originate from her opposition, sometimes it can be a badge of honor to be the focus of such irrational hatred. But there is a cost to all of this.

Last year, those who willfully and excitedly violated or abused Alaska law showed they would do it again and again to either bankrupt Governor Palin or paralyze her success for Alaska. Governor Palin had a choice: plead guilty to things she didn’t do so that she could focus on the state and save money for the family – or defend her good name and reputation. She chose to fight back. In the end, Governor Palin and her attorney, Thomas Van Flein, successfully defended against well over two dozen complaints, lawsuits, and allegations. Time and time again during and after the 2008 Presidential election cycle, independent investigators proved that Governor Palin’s actions were sound, her judgment was proper, and her intentions were honest. In fact, the Personnel Board, the ethics board for the Governor of the state, never even had to take up a case as each was dismissed before making it to the next level.

But it did cost the Palins financially.

Seeing this nonsense, it was suggested to me from both sides of the aisle that one way to deal with the substantial financial cost these tactics were inflicting, was to create a trust fund for legal fees – just like all the other legal defense funds for prominent politicians who are targets.

As reported in the Wall Street Journal, “Such funds have become increasingly common as scrutiny of politicians has intensified.” (“Palin Backers Set Up Legal-Defense Fund”, Wall Street Journal, p. A-3, April 24, 2009)

When I approached Governor Palin with the idea, she had one primary directive – if it can be done lawfully, then I will support it. She also asked that, if possible, we keep it Alaskan.

One might think that creating a trust fund to collect money to pay legal fees should not be that complicated, but it turns out, it is exceptionally complicated. You should know that as many as seven lawyers were involved in the process; some of whom were and are nationally prominent experts in creating legal defense funds, in evaluating federal and state election laws, state trust law, federal and state tax laws, state reporting requirements and state ethics requirements. It is a sad commentary on public life today when the legal system can be used as a political weapon against an elected official, and it takes a battalion of lawyers to figure out how to fund a defense and counter-attack.

In any event, the legal team concluded that the fund they had created was lawful in all respects. I relied in good faith on that advice and advised Governor Palin of that advice.

Ultimately, the Alaska Fund Trust was borne, and within a day or two, a complaint was filed against it challenging its legality. (And like everything else, the public knew because someone – likely the complainant – violated the law and publicly released the accusation.) And so started another prolonged legal battle – this time to determine if the legal fund created to defend Governor Palin against frivolous ethics complaints was itself ethical. Quite a circle really. We made it clear that no money would be paid out on until the matter had been resolved.

Thus, to this very moment, the money received was frozen and no one, not the Palins, not the Palins’ attorney, no one ever received a penny from the Trust on the Palins’ behalf.

The Personnel Board initially appointed an “independent” investigator. That investigator, we later learned, had connections with, and was associated with President Obama. The Personnel Board had hired President Obama’s personal law firm as an “independent” investigator to review whether a fund created to raise money to eliminate a debt incurred as a result of Governor Palin’s opposition to President Obama was appropriate. We objected to both the illegal leak and the blatant political influence, and a new investigator was appointed.

The new investigator spent considerable time reviewing the old information and collecting new, but I think it proved to be too difficult to reverse an already-public decision. He concluded that the Trust fund violated Alaska law in two respects. His biggest heartburn was that we used the word “official” on the website. And he was distressed that we turned down an offer from a former White House Special Counsel to serve as trustee and instead chose an Alaskan whom Alaskans would recognize – Kristan Cole.

Kristan sat on several state boards as a volunteer public servant. The investigator concluded that because she sat on such boards, Governor Palin as governor was technically her boss, and therefore she should not be the trustee of the fund. That is his conclusion and we respect that. The law is not clear on this aspect, and not one member of the legal team saw this as an issue, but again, we respect the conclusion here and it is not worth the time or money to dispute that. But we do want to thank Kristan for taking on that otherwise thankless task. What is it they say about no good deed?

The other conclusion needs context. There was a point where it appeared that people around the country wanted to start legal defense funds for Governor Palin. The support and good will the people of this country have shown to the Palins is inspiring. But a concern was raised whether all these other potential funds would comply with various laws, including donation limits, limits against contributions from lobbyists or contributions from foreign nationals. So we used the word “official” in the website to distinguish the Alaska Fund Trust from ones we were not sure would be compliant. In our view, that was a solid and common sense reason to use the word “official,” but the investigator believes that it made it appear that the website was sponsored by the State of Alaska, and thus would be a use of Governor Palin’s ”official” office to raise money. We are not terribly persuaded that really would be the case or that any member of the public could be confused, but we respect the investigator’s evaluation of this point and it is not worth fighting about. Again, Governor Palin’s prime directive was simple – if this fund could be set up lawfully, she would support it. If not, it would not have her support.

So Governor Palin has reached a point where she decided to agree to resolve this matter with the investigator rather than spend time and money fighting an ethics complaint about a fund that was created to reimburse her for the money she has spent fighting bogus ethics complaints drawn up by insiders and outsiders violating and abusing Alaska law. Really, this is simple pragmatism and common sense.

As you know, we love a good fight, but we must pick our battles carefully. As a chief executive, Governor Palin makes the calls, and she knows that this battle, though important to her personally, does nothing for the country. She has bigger battles to fight, battles to restore our strength internationally and stand by our allies, battles to stop the downward slide of our economy, and battles to take back control of Congress.

However, I know and you know that no public official should ever have to bear the financial brunt of these attacks. And Governor Palin can lawfully raise money now through a brand new – not official but let’s call it “real” – legal defense fund without any risk of offending an investigator or state law. And such a fund now exists at http://www.sarahpalinlegaldefensefund.org/donate.php.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Alaska Fund Trust. Your heart was in the right place. And Governor Palin and her family have been overwhelmed by your generosity. If you want to, you can contribute to the new fund. In the meantime, we will try to contact you to get your donation returned from the old trust.

Now – back to motherhood for me! And common sense.

P.S. One last thought as we approach the anniversary of Governor Palin’s “reloading,” thank God she had the fortitude and wisdom to look down the road and see what she did – the state’s bills would have amounted to millions upon millions more and her personal legal bills would be personally insurmountable. I don’t know who would want to hold office under these circumstances and with loopholes our Alaska legislators refuse to close.

- Meghan Stapleton, Mom, Wife, and Now More Knowledgeable Than Ever About Legal Defense Funds

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 6:11 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 6:04 PM

So what? Hair splitting.

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Little leftists trying to change the narrative.

Hope you enjoy your three decades out of power.

Inanemergencydial on July 22, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Here is a statement from Sarah Palin’s attorney:

The Uncommon Law – Reality and Common Sense

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 11:05pm
As most people know, Sarah Palin is relentlessly attacked by those who elevate the state over the individual and by those who lack faith in any higher power except the regulatory power of Washington, D.C. Many of these people use – and abuse – the law, and in the case of Sarah Palin, they have abused our state ethics laws by repeatedly, remorselessly, and routinely filing false and malicious claims against her. So too, they have resorted to our courts, where several civil suits were filed against Sarah Palin. To date, these civil suits have been rejected by the courts as baseless. But we know the toll this caused the Palins. Almost a year ago, Governor Palin pointed out the many groundless complaints, records requests and suits filed against her, and explained that:

…it hasn’t been cheap – the State has wasted thousands of hours of your time and shelled out some two million of your dollars to respond to ‘opposition research’ – that’s money not going to fund teachers or troopers – or safer roads. And this political absurdity, the ‘politics of personal destruction’… Todd and I are looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills in order to set the record straight. And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations? It doesn’t cost them a dime so they’re not going to stop draining public resources – spending other peoples’ money in their game…. Some Alaskans don’t mind wasting public dollars and state time. I do. I cannot stand here as your Governor and allow millions upon millions of our dollars go to waste just so I can hold the title of Governor.”

The past year has confirmed that Governor Palin was right. The number of false claims, records requests, mendacious accusations and ridiculous posturing by the left and street corner ethicists dropped dramatically – at least as applied to the mechanics of state government.

But it did not all go away when she stepped aside – some claims and suits are pending and are getting resolved in time. A judge in Anchorage recently issued a ruling throwing out a baseless claim against Governor Palin – and indirectly involving Todd Palin. In this civil claim, Todd Palin was being attacked because he was a close and trusted advisor to his wife, the Governor. That he was should surprise no one. The claimant asserted that because Todd Palin was not being paid by the State of Alaska, any emails copied to him could not be protected by the standard law of deliberative process privilege – a privilege that essentially protects the decision making process in government in order to allow the decision makers the freedom to honestly discuss policy and process and promote the open exchange of ideas. The claimant demanded the right to see emails that were sent to Todd Palin.

In a well reasoned opinion, the judge explored state law, federal law (including an historical discussion on First Lady Sarah Polk, wife of President James K. Polk), and invoked a too rarely used legal principle – common sense – to throw out this lawsuit. In so doing, the court concluded that Todd Palin, as the First Gentleman, though unpaid, was in essence a privileged consultant to the Office of the Governor, and the court compared Todd Palin’s privileged consultations to First Lady Hillary Clinton, in which a federal court determined that the chief executive’s spouse “acts as the functional equivalent of an assistant to the President.” And, with state government employees assisting the first spouse, Todd Palin had a clear and obvious privileged consultative function and is analogous to a de facto state officer.

The court ultimately concluded that “common sense and Federal law” compel the conclusion that “Todd Palin could properly… act[] as an advisor to the Governor” and therefore he was appropriately involved in policy discussions, emails, and deliberative discussions, all of which are protected from disclosure.

It is refreshing to see a court resort to common sense and historical precedent. Further, as more and more women get elected to high office (What are they called now? – “Mama Grizzlies”?), it is notable that challenges such as this, which were based on sexist notions and demeaning attitudes towards women, are being rejected. This suit challenged Todd Palin’s role as a first spouse and was implicitly premised on the idea that a male spouse must somehow exert too much influence over a female chief executive. Hence the demand to “see those emails” from Todd Palin; but contrast this with decades of silence relative to communications to prior executive spouses – female spouses. That dismissive and contemptuous posture towards the new brand of feminist leaders was appropriately condemned by the court as lacking a basis in reality.

There are, of course, some remaining issues to address. The attacks against Sarah Palin will continue. They are distractions meant to keep her off message. There will be times when Sarah Palin will have to take one for the team in order to continue on with her message to the country and simply resolve matters without having to incur crushing personal debt. That is the cost, unfortunately, of public life today. When that happens, read the details closely – like the details in this court opinion. Every time you do you will see that Sarah Palin has always acted with honest intent. You will see that again soon. Today’s ruling is a positive step not just for Sarah and Todd Palin, but for all female chief executives currently in office – and waiting to take office in November.

- Thomas Van Flein, Attorney for Sarah Palin

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Perhaps a preview of revelations to come?

Vince on July 22, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Perhaps a preview of revelations to come?

Vince on July 22, 2010 at 6:16 PM

There has to be much, much more from this bunch on Sarah Palin. They can’t get enough of trashing her in public, so what were they saying in private?

It isn’t like we all don’t already know the truth, it is just good to see it in black and white.

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 6:19 PM

Here is another one from the attorney:

Swing and a miss

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 at 5:06pm

Yesterday we learned that another “ethics” complaint that was filed against Governor Palin was dismissed as baseless. (If you are counting, the Governor is 26-0-1 regarding such complaints or suits, with one still pending). Only this complaint was actually filed after she left office, and alleged that the mere existence of the Alaska Fund Trust (the legal defense fund set up for her to help defray the costs incurred during the Troopergate fiasco and related machinations that followed in its wake) was violative of the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act as well as its solicitation or receipt of contributions. The raison d’être of the legal defense fund was inexorably linked to Governor Palin’s nomination as the Republican candidate for Vice President and the post-nomination political tactics arising therefrom; thus making the nomination sine quo non for the fund. In a detailed opinion, the complaint was dismissed as lacking a factual or legal basis. Last June, upon learning that a complaint against the Governor’s Anchorage Office Director was dismissed as baseless, Governor Palin’s then Chief of Staff Mike Nizich said, “This is not about holding the governor or state employees accountable. This is pure harassment.” That still rings true today.

When I discussed this with Governor Palin, she had an interesting take: “My reaction upon reading the opinion in this matter was not what I expected. Though I’m always pleased with the results of these investigations that prove the false allegations wrong, and I appreciate the detailed reasoning set forth in this recent opinion, I was primarily disappointed that the State of Alaska, the Attorney General’s office, and others, still have to spend time and resources addressing the abusive onslaught of frivolous complaints directed against me—even after I left office.

At times (indeed, as recently as Sunday in a magazine cover story) people allege that the “real” reason Governor Palin stepped down was to “make money” (citing primarily her best selling book). As this most current complaint again emphasizes, Governor Palin stepped down for the right reasons—she did not want to see her state government continue to get bogged down with inane “ethics” complaints that were transparently political, plainly partisan, and diverting state resources. The voluntary relinquishment of power for the greater good is normally praised as an example of true leadership—just review any biography of George Washington—and it should be in this case as well. But for those who seek power for the sake of power, a selfless act is confusing, so a new narrative is created, such as the “profit” motive now being asserted with renewed vigor. Rest assured Sarah Palin had obtained approval to write her memoir while still in office without running into any conflict with the Alaska Executive Branch Ethics Act. Her financial future from her best selling book, though unknown then, would not have altered much whether she stayed in office or resigned, except the number of “ethics” complaints did dramatically decrease, so any legal fees associated with such complaints decreased concomitantly.

Let this latest dismissed complaint serve as a reminder for one of the real—and stated—reasons for her voluntary relinquishment of office, an office she campaigned for diligently, tirelessly and effectively. It stands as a marker that occasionally, every so often, there are public servants who can recognize the difference between self-interest and public interest. Sarah Palin is one such public servant.

- Thomas Van Flein, personal attorney for Sarah Palin

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 6:28 PM

And another one….

The Ethos of Ethics

Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 4:11pm

When the Governor announced her decision to resign on July 3, she pointed out the then 15 frivolous ethics complaints that had been filed against her and dismissed. It was intended to explain, in part, her decision to resign as well to educate the public about the abuse of the Alaska Ethics Act through a repetitive stream of baseless partisan accusations, each one seemingly more pointless and frivolous than the next. The Governor’s message was not intended as an invitation to run off half-cocked and file more baseless ethics complaints, but not everyone understood that message—or wanted to understand. In August 2009, largely in response to the abuse of Alaska’s Ethics Act by partisan shills and low level lackeys, the Attorney General issued an opinion recommending changes to the Ethics Act ”to prevent another potential harm—abuse of the process. Some Alaskans have argued that the Ethics Act has been used inappropriately in some circumstances to politically damage the subject of the complaint.” (August 5, 2009 Attorney General Opinion). That argument was asserted by the Anchorage Daily News. “Our View: Abuse of Ethics Complaints Turns Good Law Into Bad Politics,” Anchorage Daily News, May 3, 2009. The Attorney General further recommended “another safeguard to discourage habitual complaint filers who use the Ethics Act process to harass executive branch employees. Statutory amendments could provide authority to the personnel board to decline to process further complaints filed by a person who has abused the Act in this way.” Though it is encouraging to see an impartial evaluation of the problem, it is ultimately up to the Legislature to implement any of these recommended changes. Governor Palin has been subjected to 24 ethics complaints, several lawsuits, and dozens and dozens of public information act requests, few of which raised even a scintilla of a good faith issue, and most of which were simply done to garner a headline or promote opposition research for political gain.

Recently we learned that two more ethics complaints against Governor Palin have been dismissed—complaints that were filed after the Governor announced her plans to step down. One complaint asserted that it was unethical for the state to follow its own per diem regulations and pay per diem to the Governor as set forth by law. Of course, the complainant conveniently overlooked that the Governor and her family received less per diem than they were entitled to under State law—why let such details stand in the way of an ethics complaint? The other complaint that was dismissed asserted that the Governor, through me, supposedly violated the constitution because we informed a person who falsely implied that the Governor was “under investigation” by the FBI, that such statements are defamatory. It is notable to watch those who agitate on all things Palin—locally and even across the Atlantic—as they Huff and puff falsehoods about Sarah Palin under the guise of free speech, which brings us to a teachable moment. All too often we hear about constitutional rights—as we should—but many forget about constitutional responsibilities. As citizens we have both rights and responsibilities. Though we have the right to exercise free speech, we have the responsibility to exercise that right without defaming people. I like the way our Alaska Constitution describes it: “Every person may freely speak, write, and publish on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that right.” Ak. Const. Art. I, Sec. 5. The irony of filing an ethics complaint because of a reminder about the constitutional parameters of free speech is no doubt lost on those consumed by irrationality when it comes to Sarah Palin; but one does not need an ethics law to know that positive political discourse depends on a robust debate about facts and the policy implications stemming from such facts. The nation is not helped by calumnious ad hominem attacks against Sarah Palin, matrilineal conspiracy theories, and aberrant notions of ethics.

- Thomas Van Flein, Personal Attorney for Sarah Palin

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 6:36 PM

And the Daily Beast continued the attack today. One of their writers, orchestrated the takedown of Palin’s Facebook post about the Ground Zero Mosque. Facebook has apologized and article is re-posted.

lonestar1 on July 22, 2010 at 6:38 PM

This piece was only about the media’s reaction to Palin on the very first day. This was before the news of her daughter’s pregnancy came out.

And you know they went absolutely insane when she skewered Obama in her RNC acceptance speech. Can’t wait to see what they said then.

And whether they coordinated the “wardrobe” attacks.

VidOmnia on July 22, 2010 at 6:45 PM

lonestar1 on July 22, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Ha. FAIL.

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 6:45 PM

VidOmnia on July 22, 2010 at 6:45 PM

Yes. There is much, much more.

It will embarrass them, not her.

She will be vindicated, for what some people insist on calling “whining”, which is in fact fighting back for once.

More conservatives ought to try it.

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Allahpundit, for the sake of the male base here plus 200+ hits guaranteed, please post this one. Drool factor extra, bibs for the gentlemen. This was a classic.

ProudPalinFan on July 22, 2010 at 6:56 PM

I couldn’t wait for this day where I knew in my heart that Journo was targeting Sarah, amongst other nutwhacks. I am very pleased on one end, and I can’t wait for Megyn Kelly to see if Sarah has a case.

After all, a group/conglomeration of people conspired to hurt her financially, emotionally and overall, hit a US State with claims these scums should pay back to Alaska, and pay HER back.

I will post this in the other Sarah thread that is above this one.

ProudPalinFan on July 22, 2010 at 6:59 PM

ProudPalinFan on July 22, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Some idiot named that image file.

It is called sarah-palin-with-rifle, when you look at the picture, it is clearly an over-under break action shotgun.

Good picture though.

I like this one, could be of use when talking about the liberals and the media, but I repeat myself.

Brian1972 on July 22, 2010 at 7:04 PM

This one is so raw that is bloody obvious that Sarah Palin need say nothing about it herself. Doing so reveals weakness, among many other things. “Never let enemies see you hurting.” The way in which she reacted hurts her rather than helping her, and very well demonstrates why she should have let others beat the MSM up her. She should emulate Ronald Reagan, make a joke about it, and let others do the pounding.

Worst of all, Palin came across as a whiner on this. She won’t start winning until she stops whining.

Tom_Holsinger on July 22, 2010 at 7:59 PM

The problem with her statement is that the ethics charges started before she became McCain’s Vice President pick in very late August, 2008:

On August 1, 2008 the Alaska Legislature hired an investigator, Stephen Branchflower, to review the Monegan dismissal. Legislators stated that Palin had the legal authority to fire Monegan, but they wanted to know whether her action had been motivated by anger at Monegan for not firing Wooten.

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Where the hell have you been? That was a witch hunt from the git go, and once she became the candidate, Barack PERSONALLY reached out to the Alaska Troopers union, and then sent his Senate Chief of Staff, Pete Rouse, an Alaskan, to go and recruit people to go after her.

One of Rouse’s best friends is former Alaska State Senator Kim Elton, who ran the Troopergate nonsense. (Sarah calls it “Tazergate” BTW.)

The REASON Elton is a former Senator is right after Obama was sworn in, literally within days, he gave Elton a make work job at the Dept of Interior, payment for a “job well done.”

Past that, the “Branchflower Report” was totally discredited by Timothy Petumenos, an independent investigator for the state’s H.R. dept. Elton, Branchflower, and the rest used the wrong law to go after Sarah.

Past that, Monegan, a total loser, was an “at will” employee, meaning he could fired any time, for any reason, as he served at the pleasure of the Governor.

Sarah fired this turd because he kept doing end runs around her on budget issues.

Oh, and let you think Petumenos is some kind of Sarah Palin fanboy, he is the one who replaced the Obama plant from Perkins Coie, who was trying to railroad Sarah over her defense fund. It was Petumenos who nit-picked Sarah over the fund and found it “in violation” because it used the word “official.”

So ….

Also, it was Obama’s boy Pete Rouse, who is now a White House adviser, along with Alaska communist Phil Munger, who recruited all of the hate bloggers and freaks who started harassing Sarah, making BS up, posting it at places like HuffPo, AND recruiting people to file bogus ethics complaints.

This was a sophisticated and very well coordinated effort that was run out of Rouse’s office, TWO DOORS DOWN FROM THE OVAL OFFICE.

Maybe you should read this so you don’t continually be-clown yourself.

gary4205 on July 22, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I like this pic…

LurkerDood on July 22, 2010 at 3:29 PM

That is a winner!! She made CeCe, who’s a bit of a looker, look tired next to her!

The woman is stunning.

Allahpundit uses the “wink” photo because he thinks it demeans Sarah. That’s his way giving her, and us, the finger.

BTW, when that was shot, she was winking at her dad.

gary4205 on July 22, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 5:47 PM

What next? Are you going to try to tell us that “official” means “government,” like you tried a while back?

Come back with better arguments, please.

cs89 on July 22, 2010 at 8:58 PM

Allahpundit on July 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Oh cry me a river.

Look, I can’t stomach Mitt Romney, but if you did something like that, I’d be the very first to call you out on such a cheap shot.

BTW, Palin isn’t the only one you do this sort of thing to. I noticed you went out of your way to use a horrible photo of Jan Brewer, as well.

I swear to God, you seem to get a perverse enjoyment out of aggravating your customers.

Use a better photo of Palin (and Brewer) there are tons of ‘em.

gary4205 on July 22, 2010 at 9:06 PM

joe_doufu on July 22, 2010 at 4:15 PM

This one is good. You won’t recognize her at all:

Here are more photos from there:

gary4205 on July 22, 2010 at 9:47 PM

Doesn’t anybody remember who McCain had on his team. That’s right, Romney staffers. I knew at the time that they would try to destroy Palin so Romney could run in 2012 without Palin as a candidate. They did their best to take her down with all the backbiting and leaks to the MSM about her. Think about it, who would it help the most in 2012 if Palin was taken down? Romney was no fool…he probably offered his staff to McCain and McCain was stupid enough to trust Romney. Romney usually lets other people do his dirty work so he can claim..he didn’t do anything!!! Right! He made sure McCain lost and tried to take Palin down so he would have the best shot in 2012. Too bad they didn’t count on Romneycare being such a anchor around Romney’s neck in 2012.

VFT on July 22, 2010 at 11:11 PM

Who in the hell cares about the picture?

Say it with me:”Bigger-fish-to-fry”

Theworldisnotenough on July 22, 2010 at 11:14 PM

ted c on July 22, 2010 at 4:13 PM

They put a man in office who cannot even prove he is a citizen. I know, I know, but it’s fargin’ true.

disa on July 23, 2010 at 12:29 AM

gary4205 on July 22, 2010 at 9:06 PM

Most of us actually get this blog for free.

RINO in Name Only on July 23, 2010 at 5:07 AM

A FREE country depends on its FREE PRESS.
 Ezra Klein’s and the other members of JournoList have shown their TOTAL LACK OF CREDIBILITY AS THEY COLLABORATED DAILY ON HOW TO SLANT THEIR COVERAGE TO SUIT THEIR OWN POLITICAL BIAS. Besides the fact that it is totally ethically & morally despicable, in America, this is called PROPAGANDA.

As a country we’ve been HARMED by this group & their employers who allowed this obvious propaganda to cleverly & not-so-cleverly disguise itself as honest reporting.

I say we file a CLASS ACTION suit against them all! It may well be just the encouragement these media outlets need to get us back to being a country with a FREE & UNENCUMBERED PRESS.

NightmareOnKStreet on July 23, 2010 at 11:39 AM

Most of us actually get this blog for free.

RINO in Name Only on July 23, 2010 at 5:07 AM

WhatWhatWHAT?!?!?!

Then who the hell has been cashing my weekly checks to HotAir Inc?

JohnGalt23 on July 23, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Grizzly Mamma calling out the puppies in the media.

……hey pups DON’T MESS WITH DA BEAR!!!!!

PappyD61 on July 23, 2010 at 12:53 PM

KNEEPAD MEDIA!!!!

So, what are we gonna call the so-called media? I’m up for christening them as the “fanboys”; rabid sycophants who cheer unabashedly for their favorite.

hawksruleva on July 22, 2010 at 3:21 PM
Kneepadders ?
Since Gov Palin calls them sick puppies,
and after seeing their blind devotion to Hussain
I propose we call them
doggie drillers

macncheez on July 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM

PappyD61 on July 23, 2010 at 12:59 PM

If she’s ever interviewed again by the MSM, she needs to show her newfound disrespect for them by not playing their game. How she handled her ’08 interviews remain her worst mistake.

paul1149 on July 23, 2010 at 1:15 PM

disa on July 23, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Another birther pokes their head out of the gopher hole….

Bradky on July 23, 2010 at 1:24 PM

just wait til Nazi Sarah gets in office.

HAHAHAHAHA

Good one integrity-less leftist.

Any other confessions of your reprobate mind you care to bloviate?

Inanemergencydial on July 23, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Any other confessions of your reprobate mind you care to bloviate?

Inanemergencydial on July 23, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Boys boys…. no need to argue. She won’t be president so no point in speculating on how good or evil she would be.

Bradky on July 23, 2010 at 1:59 PM

I think Palin and Obama really were addressing the same problem today.

Sort of ironic, but true.

AnninCA on July 23, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Any other confessions of your reprobate mind you care to bloviate?

Inanemergencydial on July 23, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Sorry. I’m hetrosexual. Maybe someone else on this board might be interested.

Jimbo3 on July 23, 2010 at 2:04 PM

I think Palin and Obama really were addressing the same problem today.

Sort of ironic, but true.

AnninCA on July 23, 2010 at 2:04 PM

Oh come on. Palin’s ticked off because she thinks the media incentivized people to file false claims? First of all, one of the major ones happened before she was announced as a VP candidate and involved her terminating someone who wouldn’t terminate her ex-brother-in-law. If she thinks a governor, mayor, congressperson, etc. doesn’t deserve scrunity in that situation, she’s either stupid, totalitarian or evil.

Second, some of the claims weren’t false. She was found to have violated laws in two of the situations.

Third, she’s a major political candidate. Does she think she’s above scrunity because she’s a woman or because she’s from Alaska or because she’s a GOP-er?

Or maybe she’s just saying that she caves like a weak woman when others criticize or scrunitize her.

Jimbo3 on July 23, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Why does Sarah Palin hate puppies?
exception on July 22, 2010 at 3:15 PM

Its “sick puppies” Parvo, Putting them out of their misery is the only human thing to do.

Do the members of JournoList suffer from Parvo?

Symptoms usually begin with a high fever, lethargy, depression, and loss of appetite. Secondary symptoms appear as severe gastrointestinal distress, such as vomiting and bloody diarrhea. In many cases, dehydration, shock, and death follow.

DSchoen on July 23, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Jimbo3 on July 22, 2010 at 3:26 PM

Actually Palin originated the investigation on this “Monegan” thing that really doesn’t pass the laugh test.

Alaska Attorney General (internal investigation)
As a result of the announcement of a legislative investigation, Talis Colberg, the Alaskan Attorney General, and his Department of Law, began conducting an inquiry in late July at the request of the Governor.

News flash Jimbo July is BEFORE August.

State Legislature investigation
On August 16, Hollis French (D) said that the Palin administration has been cooperating and that subpoenas would not be necessary. In late August, French said that Palin was likely to be deposed soon in the case.

Jimbo that’s the same Hollis French (D) that promised and delivered an “October surprise” FOR Obama.

“On September 2, French said the report would “likely to be damaging to the (Palin) administration,” and could be an October surprise.”

BTW Jimbo, when Hollis French (D) said this, ANY result of HIS investigating is tainted.

So Jimbo the 1 example you gave is bogus. You misstated the facts. The facts are known, so was your misstatement do to lazy ignorance or intentional lying?

And the other 25? Jimbo, that have been dismissed?

DSchoen on July 23, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I keep hearing from the left how none of these MSM journalist wouldn’t use “Mother Jones” as a “source” for their MSM stories.

To bad they are a dumb bunch.

Remember the bogus (proven in a court of law bogus, its not even debatable trolls you lost) story about Palin using her “private” E-mail for government business?

That story originated in “Mother Jones”, sad but true.

Sarah Palin’s Secret Emails

By David Corn
| Sun Sep. 7, 2008 8:51 PM PDT
The Palin administration won’t release hundreds of emails from her office, claiming they cover confidential policy matters. Then why do the subject lines refer to a political foe, a journalist, and non-policy topics?

Yes that David Corn the “truther” and “Plame” moron.

DSchoen on July 23, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Sorry. I’m hetrosexual. Maybe someone else on this board might be interested.

Jimbo3 on July 23, 2010 at 2:04 PM

haha, Hotair’s finest legal mind™ reaches back to 7th grade for comment.

Totally awesome!

It must suck horribly watching your ideology fail every single day they are in power. I mean this is really embarrassing for the left.

Inanemergencydial on July 23, 2010 at 4:06 PM

Speaking of stupid Jimbo let see if I got you right.

Short version of what you are trying to sell.

February, 2005:
Palin, when she was Mayor of Wasilla and her sister was the wife of Wooten AND Monegan was Wooten’s boss is when all this went down.

1 year and 1 month later (13 months total Jimbo)

March 1, 2006: via the Anchorage Daily News:

Wooten is suspended for 10 days and warning that the discipline is “a last chance for corrective action” and that further occurrences “will not be tolerated.”

6 months later, or 1 year and 7 months after Palin wanted Wooten fired, again Wooten’s boss at that time was Monegan. Clear?

November 2006: via TPM: “Sarah Palin elected Governor of Alaska.”

This is where things get interesting and why most dismiss this charge as just plain stupid.

December 2006: via the Washington Post:
She took office in December 2006 and appointed Monegan, who’d just retired as Anchorage police chief after five years, to be public safety commissioner, a cabinet position.

Now do you really believe Palin ran for and got elected Governor just so she could hire (Monegan) the guy she wanted to fire her ex-brother in-law (Wooten) and then fire Monegan as revenge for not firing Wooten 1 year and 8 months later?

Ahh but the plot thickens!

Palin didn’t want it to be sooooooooo obvious so she waited till July 11th 2008 to fire Monegan. February 2005 to July 11th 2008

2 years and 5 months to execute this plan of revenge!!

There are some other “wicked” twist in your conspiracy theory.

Like how did she know in 2005 that Monegan would be fired/resign from his job as head of Anchorage PD?

Please explain.

BTW Jimbo have you ever looked into this Monegan guy? He seems to have “issues”.

In 2006, Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich asked him to leave his post as Anchorage police chief early, although Monegan was willing to stay on another year. At the time, Begich had just won re-election and was restructuring department leadership.

Apparently Mayor Mark Begich had a problem with Monegan as well. Mark Begich humm?

Monegan joked that he’s “getting a complex,” but said the kinds of jobs he’s had lately are ones where you serve at the pleasure of your boss.
“They can call me in and say, you know, ‘I don’t like your hair; you’re fired,’ ” Monegan said.

Oh ya that’s it Mark Begich is now US Senator Mark Begich (D) Alaska!

Seems Monegan has problems with his bosses.

That makes more sense than the bizarre 2 years and 5 months plan of revenge Monegan sells and you bought.

DSchoen on July 23, 2010 at 4:40 PM

The fact that they started discussing how to turn her appeal to mothers into a smear about her parenting was obviously a real strategy. That was the topic of SEVERAL femininst columns in the election. It was odd to see the feminists adopt that position, since it’s so retro, really.

It was like reading something out of the 1960′s.

AnninCA on July 24, 2010 at 9:41 AM

What other politician could have armies of lawyers, reporters, scavenge their trash, watch their every move, analyse what they had for breakfast? Then have them scour your email after having interviewed every enemy/friend you have had in your life, go over every grade you received in your academic career. Reporters plot together in secret to ruin you and despite all this you smile, love your country and pick up the spirits of your fellow country men and you have every democrat quaking in their boots? Man, that’s my kinda woman! Know why? Cause she is HONEST!!!

Herb on July 24, 2010 at 12:28 PM

GO Sarah. Keep up with all you do…You are severely pissing pushing the liberals and the ever-omnicient AllahPundit off the cliff…..

hawkman on July 22, 2010 at 3:12 PM