Excellent: Jindal rallies Louisianans to oppose the feds’ drilling moratorium

posted at 9:14 pm on July 21, 2010 by Allahpundit

Via Cubachi, two minutes of pure candy. Maybe my expectations were too low because I’d never seen him address a crowd before and still remember his, er, unfortunate performance following Obama’s SOTU speech a few years ago, but I’m stunned by how effective he is here even in a clip this brief. With the exception of Christie, no Republican governor’s done more over the last three months to impress the righty base, I think, than this guy has. Exit question: Second look at Jindal 2012?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Oh heck, for convenience, here are the links again:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5hyE3FUm6w

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czk8Lqs7yMN

filmed by cane_loader 7/21/10

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 1:57 AM

cane_loader: Superb,a little shaky,but no big deal,
video#2,seems to have a glitch,it won’t
load!?:)

BTW,somebody is missing out at the 1:41
minute mark,with Jindal saying==========>

“We shouldn’t have to fight our Federal
Government”…..

..”.and a second disaster caused by Washington
D.C”…..

Referring to the Moritorium!!

And,as I suspected,out of Jindals mouth,was
that the EXPERTS were picked by Obama,not
Jindal (Governor),or BP Oil,but BY THE WHITE
HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which confirms what I’ve said all along,just
need the proof,and that is,ENVIRONMENTALISTS
were CALLING THE SHOTS FROM WITHIN THE WHITE
HOUSE,and that can only be the reason why it
finally took about 80 DAYS FOR THE WHITE HOU
SE TO REACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 22, 2010 at 5:44 AM

BTW,somebody is missing out at the 1:41
minute mark,with Jindal saying==========>
===================================
I meant to say soundbites!!

canopfor on July 22, 2010 at 5:45 AM

Cindy Munford: I didn’t see a h/t,but yes,Cane_loader gets
the credit,staying on point,kudo’s to CL:)

canopfor on July 21, 2010 at 10:13 PM

were CALLING THE SHOTS FROM WITHIN THE WHITE
HOUSE,and that can only be the reason why it
finally took about 80 DAYS FOR THE WHITE HOU
SE TO REACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 22, 2010 at 5:44 AM

===========================================================
Gulf oil spill: Obama names investigation panel

Greenspace

Environmental news from California and beyond
June 14, 2010 | 6:16 pm
===============================================

President Obama named five panelists to a commission tasked with finding ways to avoid a repeat of the Deepwater Horizon disaster, which killed 11 men and started the nation’s worst oil spill. They will be led by a former Florida governor and U.S. senator, Bob Graham, and a former administrator for the Environmental Protection Agency, William K. Reilly.

The five are: Frances G. Beinecke, Donald Boesch, Terry D. Garcia, Cherry A. Murray and Frances Ulmer. They come from backgrounds of environmental science and engineering.

“These individuals bring tremendous expertise and experience to the critical work of this commission,” Obama said in a statement issued by the White House. “I am grateful they have agreed to serve as we work to determine the causes of this catastrophe and implement the safety and environmental protections we need to prevent a similar disaster from happening again.”

Frances Beinecke is president of the Natural Resources Defense Council, a nonprofit corporation that works to advance environmental policy in the United States and around the world. Beinecke has worked at the council for 35 years, serving as executive director, associate director and deputy executive director. From 1974 through 1983, Beinecke worked as a coastal resource specialist in the councils water and coastal programs, fighting to protect marine ecosystems from the impact of offshore oil and gas development and advocating for sound coastal land use. She currently serves on the board of the World Resources Institute and the steering committees of the U.S. Climate Action Partnership and the Energy Futures Coalition. She was a member of the Yale Corp. and currently serves on the advisory boards of the Yale School of Management and the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Science.

========================================================

Theres still another 8 inches of more names and Universities to go of what I posted!!

There is the ENVIRONMENTALS,somebody call Brietbart,
I think this is the next shoe to drop for Team Obama
with all his Elite Environmentalist buddies!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 22, 2010 at 6:21 AM

Gulf oil spill: Pro-drilling rally attracts thousands

July 21, 2010 | 4:09 pm

The federal moratorium on exploratory drilling for oil in deep-sea waters is tantamount to an attack on Louisiana’s way of life, politicians and business leaders said Wednesday at an oil industry-sponsored rally held in Lafayette.

The political event at the nearly packed Cajundome stadium demonstrated the influence of the oil industry over Louisiana, and the belief that the drilling moratorium could be more hurtful to the state’s economy than the risk of a second catastrophic oil rig explosion.
================================================

A Pro-Drilling Rally,nice narrative,I didn’t see BP OIL,
I seen people of that State,ordinary Americans fighting for
their livihoods,and way of life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And,the LA Times are spouting talking points,free of charge,
for the White House,

“demonstrated the influence of the oil industry over Louisiana”,

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on July 22, 2010 at 6:32 AM

Exit question: Second look at Jindal 2012?

No, let him continue to do the important job he has.

disa on July 22, 2010 at 6:52 AM

The only Louisiana leader who skipped was Mary Landrieu.

Figures. She’s such a weasel.

CDeb on July 22, 2010 at 7:41 AM

Exit question: Second look at Jindal 2012?

I never stopped “looking” at Bobby as the best one to run in ’12. I am baffled as to why so many gave up on such an excellent statesman just because he gave one wooden speech.

itsnotaboutme on July 22, 2010 at 7:44 AM

Not just the last 3 months. His entire career is full of tremendous accomplishments in a wide variety of public service arenas.

itsnotaboutme on July 22, 2010 at 7:51 AM

Exit question: Second look at Jindal 2012?
No, let him continue to do the important job he has.

disa on July 22, 2010 at 6:52 AM

SO a governor completing his or her term should be an important part of the deal?

Bradky on July 22, 2010 at 8:29 AM

Exit question: Second look at Jindal 2012?
No, let him continue to do the important job he has.

disa on July 22, 2010 at 6:52 AM

Bradky on July 22, 2010 at 8:29 AM

We got your Palin slap.
But you are right, we should only elect people with experience to be President. If you want an example of the trouble you can get in when you elect someone with NO experience, just look at President Obama.

Is he the example you would like to put forward as the BEST Democrat that was available for the job? I sure don’t think McCain was.

barnone on July 22, 2010 at 8:34 AM

barnone on July 22, 2010 at 8:34 AM

As a leader McCain was the best option and got my vote. Obama and Palin are both out of their league when it comes to being ready to lead as president from day one. You would think that after see Obama hose things up it would make most people pause before putting someone with a thin resume in office, regardless of party.
But back to the focus of the thread and the 2012 question. I think you will see him be the keynote speaker for the convention, not a candidate in the primaries and not a VP pick.

Bradky on July 22, 2010 at 9:13 AM

[Bradky on July 22, 2010 at 8:29 AM]

LOL. Actually I’d prefer that many of these governors stay governors and let them work to dismantle the overgrown and long usurpacious* federal government from the respective states. It seems to me that sending politicians to DC exposes them brain-damage quickset syndrome.

* a word I’ve Palinized.

Dusty on July 22, 2010 at 9:19 AM

Palin/Jindal ’12. He needs a lot of help in the personality dept. The clips could be saved for the next election, tho.

Kissmygrits on July 22, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Palin/Jindal 2012! Enough of the old (at least 50%) White Men!

HBowmanMD on July 22, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Bradky on July 22, 2010 at 9:13 AM

As a resident of Louisiana, I pray that Jindal stays and finishes his two terms.

I think that Cristy needs to stay and help New Jersey, they really need him.

And Palin is good, but she is not as Great a Leader as these two are.

McCain is a hero and is welcome in my home any day with Honor, but he ain’t no Jindal or Cristy.

I think we could take any one of the former owners auto dealers that Obama closed down and they would be better than Obama. They made a payroll every week, until the Government shut them down for no reason and in violation of their written contracts.

But again, I am off topic. Sorry.

barnone on July 22, 2010 at 9:32 AM

I’d vote for him in a heartbeat, but I agree that he’s most needed in Louisiana now and for years to come to try and undo the damages to his state.

Palin needs to replace Steele instead of running for president or vice president. She’d excel in that capacity, she wouldn’t win the election IMHO.

scalleywag on July 22, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Let us go back to work.

I’m sure the employees of the car dealerships that were unnecessarily closed by Obama are thinking the same thing.

I now denounce myself for this racist comment.

juliesa on July 22, 2010 at 9:38 AM

I really would enjoy reading an analysis of this article and the excerpts it has from four SCOTUS cases on citizenship, especially the last one, United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898).

As for Jindal, I never discounted him because of his SOTU response. Bush did his best speaking in front of a live audience as well; he totally sucked when it came to giving presidential addresses from the Oval Office.

I’m surprised no one here seems to remember the pay raise fiasco from last year or the year before when everyone was doubting Jindal’s conservative cred after he backtracked on a campaign promise. That’s what really bothered me, but Bobby seems to be making up for it now.

Vatican Watcher on July 22, 2010 at 9:41 AM

Oh heck, for convenience, here are the links again:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5hyE3FUm6w

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czk8Lqs7yMN

filmed by cane_loader 7/21/10

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Awesome. I really wanted to attend but couldn’t make it over to Lafayette.

Laura Curtis on July 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM

You can’t have my Gov….we need him.

So he gave one bad speech. Big deal. He is the bomb.

cajunlady on July 22, 2010 at 10:20 AM

cane loader,
Charlotte Randolph’s “shut the valve” is a huge statement. The ignorant public does not realize where it would be without the oil and natural gas that is produced off the shores of Louisiana to then entire nation’s security and economy.

“Shutting the valve” would effectively shutdown the U.S. more effectively than a nuke on Wall Street.

Kermit on July 22, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Hoffmeister’s speech was the best of all the speeches.

I sure would like to know if someone was able to show the entire event out of the livestream of it.

Nothing short of spectacular.

Kermit on July 22, 2010 at 10:39 AM

Hey, I figured out why the second vid link of Jindal speaking at the rally wouldn’t load – I transposed two letters!

It should load now! Try it again!

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5hyE3FUm6w

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czk8Lqs7yNM

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Kermit, yes it WAS spectacular! I wish I had the whole thing. Limited battery life limited me.

As far as Jindal cutting off the supply of oil rest of America east of the Rockies:

I was posting about that possibility last month. If America is determined to ignore the moratorium and/or not join us in fighting Obama, then I do hope that Jindal orders the valve shut off.

America would wake up REAL quick. If the rest of our countrymen in places like New York think the oil comes from Shangri-La, they have a rude awakening.

By the way, there was a blogger from New York sitting next to me and he tweeted snide comments the whole time about the Louisianans who got what they deserved for being “hooked” on oil jobs. I hope he likes to walk.

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 10:44 AM

This guy is as real as any part is ever going to get. He is engaged and smart and cares. I hope that never changes, whatever he decides to do.

tomas on July 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I would hope that here, in the interests of civility; Use of the insulting term ‘Birther’ be given the same lack of respect as ‘Teabagger’. Try arguing intelligently unless you enjoy being outed as a ‘Troll’.

Jeff2161 on July 22, 2010 at 11:17 AM

Why second look at Jindal? Why would anyone have stopped looking at Jindal?

MayBee on July 22, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I really, really like Bobby Jindal. Same with Paul Ryan. I wouldn’t mind any combination of Jindal/Palin/Ryan/Christie for 2012….it’s time for some new school, not Romney/Huckabee/Gingrich, etc.

Grace_is_sufficient on July 22, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Sometimes it takes a crisis to show what a leader can do. If you rise to the occasion, you look like Bobby Jindahl, if you don’t, you look like Barack Obama.

Exactly. As Vince Lombardi said, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Bobby Jindal has shown that he will take charge and do whatever has to be done, when things are going horribly.

Bobby Jindal has been too busy protecting his state to read opinion polls, but the people of Louisiana are behind him–despite everything Louisiana has endured during this oil spill, the latest Rasmussen poll shows Jindal with 74% job approval.

Bobby Jindal IS everything Obama wants to be. Yes he can.

Steve Z on July 22, 2010 at 11:40 AM

dictionary and legal definitions of words are many times completely different.

Usually if there is a differing legal definition of a phrase, the dictionary will have it. But in this case it’s all made up; only those arguing that natural born is native born have offered precedent rather than bluster (Wong Kim Ark, Chester Arthur).

And,(whether one agrees or disagree with the controversy surrounding obama’s citizenship status and complete lack of proof of identity or paper trail); when one finds it necessary or even enjoyable to use the Leftist’s Alinsky terms of ridicule such as “birther” to address persons who have such status concerns, then one has made oneself someone who promotes the Left’s agenda of hate and censorship of speech through spineless, p.c. intimidation.

I call ‘em as I see ‘em: truther, looser, birther, Trig-truther, etc. If you back up a conspiracy theory based on flimsy evidence, you should probably come up with a catchy name for it yourself, or else the mainstream is going to do it for you. And, anyway, like the rest of them, birthers started out of the left (with Clinton supporters), so I feel no need to identify with them. “Teabagger” is different, as it’s a sexual epithet for a non-fringe group which does not advocate conspiracy theories or other fringe thought. (“Spend less money” might have been a fringe thought in 2008, but certainly not in 2010.)

calbear on July 22, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I like this guy. He cares–he genuinely cares. How rare.

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 11:46 AM

calbear on July 22, 2010 at 11:41 AM

I agree about the birthers. There are so many ‘real’ things that we could go after Obama on that the constant harping about Zero’s birth certificate makes conservatives seem like unhinged loons and deflects from our very legitimate concerns.
I agree that the man is deceptive but…
On FB I have said that I won’t accept friend requests from Ron-ulans, Alex Jones/Infowars/Prison Planet minions, or(with the exception of a couple people that I’ve known for 30 years)Birthers.

annoyinglittletwerp on July 22, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Don’t know if this has been posted here, but please pass this petition around:

Gulf Economic Survival Team

lukespapa on July 22, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Cane Loader
It is not the oil that needs to be cut off but instead the natural gas and the pipelines from the petrochemical plants to the rest of the nation.

That by itself would shutdown everything east of the Rockies, ALL manufacturing would come to a halt.

90% of the Ethylene production is in TX & LA for the entire U.S. Just about everything invented in the 20th Century comes for Ethylene in some way shape or form, including pharmaceuticals. Louisiana is where the pipelines are for natural gas that feeds the nation and virtually EVERY petrochemical plant. This includes ALL fertilizer manufacture.

Kermit on July 22, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Love Jindal. “We don’t want a check”!
LA needs this guy. When he is done he can be POTUS but right now he needs to stay where he is and keep kicking a**.

ORconservative on July 22, 2010 at 12:23 PM

Exit question: Second look at Jindal 2012? I never stopped “looking” at Bobby as the best one to run in ‘12. I am baffled as to why so many gave up on such an excellent statesman just because he gave one wooden speech. itsnotaboutme on July 22, 2010 at 7:44 AM

+100. If we want to get our country out of this mess, we’re going to have to stop demanding absolute perfection from every potential candidate. As we’ve seen recently, the dems won, in part, because they did a good job of turning on their opponents (albeit in a corrupt, dishonest, and skanky way) instead of themselves.

LASue on July 22, 2010 at 12:31 PM

You know what Jindal’s figured out? His people and the good of his State are more important than political results and getting the most votes. How remarkable. No wonder he’s so well respected there. Do you honestly think the the WH or the Hill will ever glom onto this ‘revelation’?

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Kermit on July 22, 2010 at 12:02 PM

This is something the left/libs seem to forget; oil is not just used in cars. Petroleum is used in many, many, many things. We can’t substitute wind and solar in petrochemical manufacturing.

Re: Jindal; he’s always been on my radar screen. I’m a Palin fan but my presidential list includes any good, strong, fiscal/social conservative with experience in governing who respects the Constitution, the rule of law, and the American people as a whole; i.e., Chris Christie, Palin, Jindal, Santorum, Bachmann, etc.

theotherone on July 22, 2010 at 12:36 PM

What would of happened, to Louisiana, if Gov. Jindal had not stood up to the idiots in DC? Thank God, Bobby Jindal is not a weak man.

ArkLaTex on July 22, 2010 at 12:39 PM

[standing up, clapping and cheering for cane_loader]!!!

Mary in LA on July 22, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Meh. Points for enthusiasm but the rhetoric is pretty generic. Not even close to Christie.

rrpjr on July 22, 2010 at 12:49 PM

I’ve been working non-stop since yesterday on a report that shows the FACES of the rally. Trying to get it right with my many photos. Have them winnowed down – now need to resize them and figure out how to upload them somewhere.

If Bobby Jindal becomes president someday, the historians will look back at yesterday’s rally as the match that ignited his rise.

He was just incredible. And the other 11 speakers were, too. A focused, enraged population telling the president like it is.

Rush Limbaugh just reported on it.

And the front page of the Lafayette paper says that the Obama administration says that despite the rally, they won’t budge.

I’m starting to hope that Louisiana flat-out cuts off the oil and gas supplies to the Eastern U.S., and then we negotiate from there.

You guys march Obama out of the White House, and we turn The Valve back on.

The president of Lafourche Parish suggested exactly that yesterday at the rally, to deafening cheers – that if we don’t have jobs, you won’t have oil and gas.

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Both men(Jindal and Christie)are to be admired for their principles and willingness to stand by them. They have very different approaches to things, but I don’t think one is a lesser governor than the other. They also come from states that are in many ways very different. Either one would be a good standard bearer for the GOP in my opinion.

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 12:54 PM

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Obama just phoned Sherrod.

Sherrod will be rich. Favor done to her.

FOX will be rich and more prominent.

Media will still be in the pants of Obama.

Obama and admin. will be even bigger fools.

Populace is out of work.

Louisiana and area stand to lose 100,000 jobs…and what’s on the news? Lalalalalalalracelalalalalalracelalalalalala

The healer is a heel…out partying like Rome will end this year.

Schadenfreude on July 22, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Don’t you find it interesting that obama no longer has just groups or individuals hating his policies, he’s now got whole states loathing him..AZ, LA, who’s next?

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 1:24 PM

I have been a fan of Bobby Jindal since I saw his response to ObaMao’s SOTU speech. His delivery of the obligatory platitudes to ObaMao’s election was that of a man who never saw skin color as being of any importance, except deciding how much sun block he needed.

When he began talking conservative opposition to ObaMao’s policy he warmed up. Being a truthful man speaking truth.

Later when I saw him interviewed, and speaking off the cuff, I saw him as a serous Contender for president, not just the second man on the ticket.

He is on the short list of people I would like to see become POTUS.

Slowburn on July 22, 2010 at 1:47 PM

Nope. No Jindal 2012, sorry.

Governor Jindal was confronted with a crisis and used his years of leadership experience and natural skills to deal with it effectively, bringing people together for a common good.

He’s obviously overqualified for the job of POTUS.

29Victor on July 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM

He’s obviously overqualified for the job of POTUS.

29Victor on July 22, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Well we’ll just have to raise the pay grade!Heh!

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 2:03 PM

If you want to see everything from the Rally, here is the proper link….

Kermit on July 22, 2010 at 2:53 PM

“If someone wants to make lasting enemies this action, if actually taken, should do it. Why on earth would LA wish to punish the whole eastern seaboard for actions taken by the WH?

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 1:05 PM”

—-

Jeanie, very simple.

1. The eastern seaboard elected Obama,
the eastern seaboard media is doing its best to ignore the story, and
the eastern seaboard people have a fundamental ignorance that Obama has his boot on the neck of the people put gas in their (your) cars.

Sometimes it takes drastic action to wake people up.

We have a big problem down here.

Elections have consequences.

“Louisiana will not go down without a FIGHT,” as one od the speakers said yesterday.

We incurred disaster to fill YOUR gas tank, girl.

Think about that the next time you fill up (or don’t)

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM

We need men/women like Jindal and Christie. People od principle, energy, sense and the wisdom to put theit peole first and politics be damned. Do what you think is right and take your knocks if they come like all the great folks in our history have done.

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Seriously, Jeanie, where do you think gas comes from?

How does it get to your tank?

The people who have kept your comfortable life going are having a politically motivated hurt put on them.

Are you going to join the fight to lift the drilling moratorium?

You actually DO have to choose which side you are on.

Think about this EVERY time you fill your gas tank or turn on your heater this winter.

Or are you getting free natural gas from Chavez?

In that case, never mind.

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Jeanie – not picking on you personally –

Just trying to dreaw the connection for others.

A fat New York blogger sat next to me at the rally yesterday and continually posted snide tweets to his left-wing blog about how the oil-addicted Louisianans had got what they had invited, and now they were whining.

He had a fundamental disconnect as to what powered his life.

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 3:10 PM

Hey,I’m on the eastern seaboard and I’m on your side and did not vote for Obama and there are many of us. This will not happen as you describe and we both know it, but if it did it would be political suicide for ANY party or persons that took such drastic steps.

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM

Kermit, keep preaching it, brother!

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 3:15 PM

jeanie,

i appreciate you are a voice crying out in the democrat eastern seaboard wilderness. then how do you suggest it get fixed?

how does Obama get convinced to cease and desist?

open for ideas.

if you don’t want to suffer the consequences of the voters around you, then how about moving to an area of the country that you agree with, politically?

a humble suggestion, and I’m NOT trying to be snarky. :-)

the hard headed man in the White House is trying to destroy the KEY energy producing region of America.

Listen to Jindal’s speech again in its ENTIRETY.

Listen to what he says about Obama’s delusion about flipping the oil off and on like a light switch:

Bobby Jindal’s speech in Lafayette Louisiana, at the Rally For Economic Survival:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5hyE3FUm6w

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czk8Lqs7yNM

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 3:19 PM

Do not know exactly where my gas and oil come from, do know that my electricity comes from Quebec…and I know that none of this is directed at me personally. Do know that extreme measures usually provoke extreme retaliation and cause extreme hardship often for the innocent. It would not be DC hurt by this, they’d have a solution because after all they are important s/–it would be the rest of us who would suffer. Anyway, LA has my sympathy and Jindal has my support when all is said and done.

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 3:21 PM

“Do not know exactly where my gas and oil come from”

That’s exactly my point. No one knows where it comes from.

It comes from the sweat of people working here in the Gulf=.

And Obama has shut it down. Do you see it coming? He has shut off the spigot on you!

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM

Lesson for all politicians….speak from the heart, and you will win our hearts.
Speak from a prompter, and we will promptly send you back…

right2bright on July 22, 2010 at 3:48 PM

He has shut off the spigot on you!

Read a recent article on this in one of the conservative magazines(read so many I can’t recall which)saying that creating an oil shortage may(repeat may)be one of Obama’s ploys to get far reaching environmental legislation passed. Even obama would have better sense than to do this I should think. The harm that it would do would surely surpass just the financial and into the personal with illness, lack of emercency services, essential communications, water and food shortages and too many others to list.

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 4:03 PM

Obama’ term in office has one common thread: A sharp stick in every group’s eye.

Now it’s in ours.

That means it’s in yours because you will run out of domestic fuel!

Fact: Not being reported on your news OBAMA HAS SHUT OF THE DOMESTIC OFFSHORE OIL SPIGOT TO AMERICA.

The specific moratorium is deepwater. But his INterior Sec’y Ken Salazar has shut off SHALLOW WATER DRILLING BY REFUSING TO ISSUE PERMITS!

Facts for Amertica to read:

SHALLOW water permits issued by Obama administration in less than 500ft of water since June, 2009:

WAKE UP, AMERICA!! OBAMA HAS SHUT THE SPIGOT!
———–

Mar. 2010 – 24
Apr. 2010 – 19
May 2010 – ONE
June 2010 – TWO
July 2010 – ONE

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 4:51 PM

cane and he has even shutdown drilling into existing wells to rework them.

Kermit on July 22, 2010 at 5:15 PM

it is not just the natural gas for power and oil products for cars, truck and trains, but also all of the 14,000 products made from it.

Your computer was assembled using products made from oil, like the screen itself and all the circuit boards.

Kermit on July 22, 2010 at 5:18 PM

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 4:51 PM

What can we do about it?

Inanemergencydial on July 22, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Send your officials to the White House and tell him to back down or be impeached.

The man has been riding roughshod over all our laws for 18 months.

He may have to be physically be thrown off the grounds.

We have a destroyer in the Oval Office.

That much has now become clear.

cane_loader on July 22, 2010 at 9:05 PM

jeanie on July 22, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Huh, Obama is trying to do that. He is starting to make some serious lasting enemies though so your right about that anyway.

whbates on July 22, 2010 at 10:41 PM

I like this speech. I like it a lot.

I despise Obama. I despise him a lot. And he has sure earned it. 24/7.

Sherman1864 on July 23, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Palin/Jindal 2012! Enough of the old (at least 50%) White Men!

HBowmanMD on July 22, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I don’t care if the person is male, female, white, black, brown or whatever. I only care that they are qualified, can do the job and are conservative.

Focusing on race is part of what placed us in this mess. In many ways, Obama is an “affirmative action” president; many people voted for him only because he was black. And we see where that got us- in trouble.

Forget race and gender. Making it an issue or a focus only promotes racism and sexism.

MLK didn’t say “That a man would be judged solely by the content of his skin…. unless he’s black, in which case, he’s judged only in the best light possible.”

Theophile on July 23, 2010 at 5:29 AM

Last night it occurred to me that Jindal’s oppositional speech, as kindly as it was delivered after Obama’s first SOTU speech, got stuck in Obama’s craw. And how Obama loves dishing out revenge and festering grudges mushrooming from such imagined slights.

following Obama’s SOTU speech a few years ago

Judge a statesman on his message rather than his debut performance mannerism. You want fire in the belly? Jindal’s ablaze now that he’s under siege by the Obama administration. Speeches are rhetorical expressions of ideas and propaganda. Obama’s issuing executive orders to crumble all constitutionally conceived life and liberty formerly enjoyed in the United States, targeting states along US borders. Obama’s fetish against Louisiana is insane.

BTW: A FEW YEARS AGO Bush was still in office. Obama’s been in office a year and a half.

maverick muse on July 23, 2010 at 8:43 AM

“A few years ago”

Obama’s perpetual campaign does seem like forever since he’s gone berserk.

maverick muse on July 23, 2010 at 8:45 AM

“Let us go back to work!” resonates all the more thoroughly across the nation given the sympathetic vibrations from all Americans, employed or not, seeing the plight of Louisiana and the life of the Gulf.

Whether Jindal wins my support would depend upon his exercise of Louisiana state’s rights to defend itself from invasion of those rights, from invasion of the effects of the oil gusher that Obama’s intentionally left untended to worsen. Standing by begging for mercy doesn’t cut it from a chief executive on any government level in America.

maverick muse on July 23, 2010 at 8:52 AM

You know what I think the difference is? In the SOTU response, he’s trying to tamp down his accent and speak in generic newscaster-ese. In this speech, he’s not bothering to hide the fact that he sounds like he’s from Louisiana.

It’s likely some pollster or image maker told him back when that a Southern accent would be bad since so many people assume that a drawl = dumb, and he sounded strangled and wooden from trying to fight who he is and how he sounds. Here, where he sounds like himself, he can put in shades of meaning and inflection, because he’s not concentrating on dampening all that out. He manages to sound human when he’s being himself and not a robot being groomed to go national in accent as well as scope.

Mynuet on July 23, 2010 at 11:10 AM

He was talking too fast for a teleprompter, right? Is Jindal doing this freestyle? That was an impressive speech if so.

Scranton on July 21, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Jindal doesn’t need a teleprompter. He’s exceptionally brilliant and is far superior to BO in intelligence and common sense. He is genuine, compassionate, honest, and decent. He is exactly what is needed in government.

Nalea on July 23, 2010 at 11:28 AM

Hey all, here is a SLIDESHOW of photos I shot at the RALLY FOR ECONOMIC SURVIVAL at the Cajundome in Lafayette, Louisiana on Wednesday. Hope the link works!

Note that these are REAL PEOPLE putting gas in your tanks and heating your homes!

I like the Halliburton guys. They look like real people, too.

cane_loader on July 23, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Hope I didn’t roger the thread!

cane_loader on July 23, 2010 at 12:29 PM

Hell. I’m sold. Geez. That’s an impressive 2 minutes.

Jewels on July 23, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Hey Jewels! – were you able to view the slideshow from the above link? My computer’s so old I can’t view it to check – had to upload everything at the library

cane_loader on July 23, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Excellent slideshow cane_loader.

ArkLaTex on July 23, 2010 at 11:21 PM

I have a Green-Room-quality+ thread on the Jindal rally with lots of photos ready for some enterprising blogger to pick it up.

I offered it first to the guys at http://www.theblogmocracy.com, and they are going to post it.

I sent it to Ed & Allah and hope they will have a look because it’s a first-class report with good writing and good photos.

cane_loader on July 23, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Thanks for the props on the slideshow!

Have an impressive article in the can, to go along with it

cane_loader on July 23, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Here, for the first time on line, is the text of the photoessay I wrote after covering the Rally For Economic Survival. It has embedded photos that I cannot show here.
——–

RALLY FOR AMERICAN SURVIVAL
LAFAYETTE, LOUISIANA, 7/21/2010
Posted by cane_loader – July 24,2010

Eleven thousand angry and fearful south Louisiana residents packed a Gulf coast arena last Wednesday to join Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal and 11 other speakers in condemning the Obama administration’s controversial and economically devastating offshore oil-drilling moratorium that threatens to collapse their state’s economy.

The “Rally for Economic Survival,” – held at the Cajundome in Lafayette, Louisiana, located on the critical U.S. 90 “energy corridor” that is at the very heart of the nation’s offshore oil and gas industry – gave voices and names and faces to some of the anonymous tens of thousands of working-class men and women who for decades have toiled in mud and sweat and grease to bring gasoline, natural gas and heating oil to the cars and homes of America.

The near-capacity gathering bristled and booed at the mention of President Obama, and loudly cheered a sustained indictment of obstruction by the federal government, including Lafourche Parish President Charlotte Randolph‘s half-joking threat to “turn off the valve” supplying the eastern United States, should Louisianans lose their jobs over the federal moratorium.

Bobby Jindal took the stage and the crowd roared. He denounced the Obama moratorium as “arbitrary and capricious,” and then delivered a blunt message to Washington. Backed by the shouts of embittered Gulf-coast citizens, Jindal hammered it home. Thousands of working-class Americans, many wearing well-worn coveralls, stood up and cheered and joined their tireless young governor as he issued a stark challenge to whom many perceive to be a tyrannical president who doesn’t care about them:

“We don’t want a BP check; we don’t want an unemployment check…LET US GO BACK TO WORK! LET US GO BACK TO WORK! LET US GO BACK TO WORK! LET US GO TO WORK! WE DON’T WANT AN UNEMPLOYMENT CHECK – LET US GO BACK TO WORK!”

cane_loader on July 24, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Pg. 2:

Most Americans have never heard of Highway 90, formerly called the Old Spanish Trail, yet it is the life-giving artery of the modern American dream. Cutting through the marshes and swamps of coastal Louisiana, it is an old road. Union and Confederate troops fought and bled and died in its dirt in rolling skirmishes from New Orleans to Morgan City to New Iberia to Mansfield. It has always been front and center in the history of this land.

Today, this old road fills your tank and heats your home. As it winds it way along the curve of the Louisiana coast, it carries a non-stop cargo of the men and machines that power America – hard men and women, and heavy metal. Providing access to four of America’s 10 largest ports, it is lined with the energy service companies and pipeline networks that supply the eastern United States with oil and gas. Cut off Highway 90, and the business of energy production in the Gulf of Mexico would stop.

Casing crews, downhole services and divers. Helicopter pilots, deckhands, pipefitters and cooks. Accountants and truckers and salesmen and waitresses. Twenty-four hours a day, they work as a team to bring you your modern life.

For faceless decades they have endured punishing hours and left their families for weeks at a time to keep America moving. For decades – as Americans have blithely assumed that gasoline is born in a gas pump at the street-corner market, that natural gas wafts from a rusty meter on the side of the house, and that heating oil comes from a grimy truck with a long hose – these people have devoted generations of lives to keep the flow of gas and oil moving in the giant pipes and ships and trucks to all of America that lies east of the Rockies.

These men and women, together, are the beating heart of the American post-war lifestyle.

Your car that gets you places. The Ziploc bags that preserve your food. The fuel that brings your food to the supermarket. The computer keyboard that lets you emote and the shiny device that distracts you as you text and drive. That energy came from somewhere. It came from the energy-farmers of south Louisiana who harvested it for you. Farmers who need roofs over their heads and whose children and aged parents must be fed, just as yours.

cane_loader on July 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Pg. 3:

These are the people who streamed from all corners of the state on July 21, 2010, in coveralls, pantsuits, boots and Polo shirts, to show their faces to America and help Bobby Jindal shout their anger at an administration that seems deaf to reason or facts, and instead seems hell-bent on destroying their lives.

Companies like Halliburton are not monoliths. They are real people working hard to power America. Despite the left-wing caricature of the company as an evil Cheney-golem bent on world tyranny, the Halliburton crews get down and dirty to turn on your lights.

They came because they had to. They have no choice. The president of the United States has made a decision that very possibly will give them their pink slips, and the rest of the country is not paying attention.

In the heat of the summer of 2010, the media, even conservative outlets, such as Fox News, have fallen into a collective, self-perpetuating, racial fever-dream, and the Hamlet-like drama of the firing and possible re-hiring of one woman has sucked all the air out of the media and the blogosphere. Those who try to exercise their freedom of speech are portrayed as racists, and those on the Gulf coast trying to spread the news about the economically devastating drilling moratorium are just plain being ignored. “What are you people whining about? The well is capped, isn’t it?” Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Meanwhile, while the race card blares an off-key and unserious dissonance throughout the land, shrilling from television screens 24/7 like an elementary-school orchestra, Americans outside of the Gulf coast are not being informed of a second man-made disaster in the Gulf of Mexico that before long will soon affect them directly, for years to come: With the American discussion fixated on the spilled oil and Race TV, Utility-Worker-in-Chief Barack Obama has strolled around the side of the house to shut off the power to their modern lives, with barely a ripple in the national news….

“Honey, did you just see a man walk by the kitchen window?” Never mind.

The offshore drilling moratorium is driving rigs away to foreign countries. Say hello to increased reliance on foreign energy. America jobs are being lost that won’t come back. The rig owners have to make money to stay afloat. Financial decisions will have to be made in the next month that will send the American rigs to Africa, Brazil and elsewhere as – all the while – China and Russia continue to drill full-throttle in the Gulf, unchecked! Should not the moratorium apply to these countries, or has Obama not yet appointed a Czar to board and inspect their rigs?

cane_loader on July 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Pg. 4:

President Obama’s apparent delusion that the gas and oil engine of America can be flipped on and off like a light switch would be laughable in its naivete, were it not for the fact that the economic naïf who has been madly flipping switches in control room of America since January 20, 2009, has finally hit America’s main circuit-breaker.

The question of the hour: Is it naivete, or opportunistic intent?

After a warm-up act of nationalizing banks, private automotive companies, health care, mushrooming the debt and breaking seemingly all of his campaign promises (except to spread the wealth around), Obama’s moratorium is the latest act of seeming sabotage to plague the American economy. The president convened a panel of experts to study the disaster, who concluded that a moratorium would actually make drilling in the Gulf less safe. His lawyers then twisted the panel’s conclusions to falsely claim that they were in favor of a six-month drilling moratorium. Not only did the experts not make this recommendation, they subsequently issued a statement saying that the president and Interior Secy. Ken Salazar had misrepresented their conclusions. The New Orleans federal judge, when voiding the first moratorium, concurred that the Obama administration had misrepresented the conclusions of its own experts.

But wait – it gets worse: What this same federal judge called an “arbitrary and capricious” moratorium on deepwater oil drilling permits, has now extended to the unofficial, administrative, stealth moratorium on shallow-water drilling permits. As wells play out, they must be capped, the rigs moved, and new wells drilled. President Obama’s people have slammed the brakes on this critical replacement process. Secretary Salazar had said he would put a “boot of the neck” of BP. Well, read this chart – only four shallow water drilling permits have been approved since April, 2010:

What the media and the rest of America have not yet realized is that, by refusing to lift the unjust, “arbitrary and capricious” moratorium of drilling in the Gulf of Mexico – imposed in contravention of his own panel of experts – the boot is now on the collective neck of America.

How did that boot get there? Because the conclusions of the president’s own appointed expert panel did not match his political aims, his lawyers attempted to deceive a federal judge about the panel’s conclusions. And then, when the judge threw the case out, the federal government simply pushed the “reset” button and reimposed the moratorium anyway in defiance of the judge – with no consideration of the Americans who would lose their jobs – those jobs not already wiped out by the BP blob. And that, in itself, in an

cane_loader on July 24, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Pg. 5:

America with a functioning press, should be a scandal large enough to wipe even Race TV off our screens.

In inflicting the disruption of an unsupported moratorium on a large portion of the nation’s domestic energy supply, Obama has flipped off the master switch to the American economy. All of us, most of us unsuspectingly, are now running our daily lives on what’s left in the pipelines and in the remaining wells – which, due to the moratorium, are not being replaced as they play out.

Study the faces of these men and women who have been powering your lives. Among them are some of the first victims of the Obama Energy Shutdown of 2010. Some of them have already lost their jobs, with many more to soon follow. As President Obama’s exercise in economic demolition proceeds, at some point they will become more familiar.

These hard-working Louisianans are your countrymen – my neighbors – who have made your lives comfortable for a long time now. Most of them are smiling because we are a warm-hearted people who try to make best of things. But if the destructive policies of President Obama are allowed to stand, their faces may soon become as mirrors to your own.

written by cane_loader
Lafayette, Louisiana

cane_loader on July 24, 2010 at 1:45 PM

I am looking for someone to host the entire piece, with embedded photos – which make it stronger, if anyone is interested.

cane_loader on July 24, 2010 at 1:45 PM